It's going to happen regardless...
30%

Total votes: 20
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 84

Re: [DAY 8] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Black Rock »

S~V~S wrote:She has 3 kids and 2 home businesses and a busy life. She did not have time. 509378s answers were pretty good and I endorse them :grin:
I love you so much SVS.

For Quin, I didn't see them, haven't seen them yet. I came in to make sure I voted on time before I started dinner. I just finished dinner and am just checking in before I help my 6 year old finish his crazy hat for crazy hat day. After he is showered and the two little ones are in bed hopefully I'll make it back and look it up. As I already said it's been a busy long weekend.
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 540

Post by Quin »

Black Rock wrote:
S~V~S wrote:She has 3 kids and 2 home businesses and a busy life. She did not have time. 509378s answers were pretty good and I endorse them :grin:
I love you so much SVS.

For Quin, I didn't see them, haven't seen them yet. I came in to make sure I voted on time before I started dinner. I just finished dinner and am just checking in before I help my 6 year old finish his crazy hat for crazy hat day. After he is showered and the two little ones are in bed hopefully I'll make it back and look it up. As I already said it's been a busy long weekend.
That's fine. I can wait.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 494

Post by Epignosis »

Soneji wrote:If you found the points you brought up against Epi silly, I would like to know what qualifies as scummy in your book.
If I didn't have to go watch two hours of Gotham, I would have fun with you. Lucky for you, I have to go watch two hours of Gotham.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 1123

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Soneji wrote:1. That he was avoiding participating in the current discussion by acting as if he wasn't up to date with the thread. Something he did while also presenting himself as being able to solve the current dilemma.
Please show me a specific example of "something he did while also presenting himself as being able to solve the current dilemma". I can't make any use of these assertions thrown into your post without a reference to what you're talking about.
Soneji wrote:2. That he would subtly throw suspicion on players without directly accusing them, like ge did with gleam in the post you quoted.
Are you referring to the post in which Epignosis voted for agleam? How is that subtle? He prodded a player who hadn't posted much to that point, and once he had some content to work with he moved away from that -- he even defended agleam when that bandwagon started to mount.
Soneji wrote:3. Using meta reasons to defend Mongoose while implying that Sloonei is scum for not dismissing his read "as that is just Mongoose's meta".
It's not a great reason to pursue the lynch of Sloonei, but it's not a bad reason to toss out a flier vote in the game's earliest stages either. Had Epi actually made this into something meaningful and pursued it harder as a real case, I might agree with you. He didn't do that though, and for 95% of the game he has made no moves against Sloonei.
Soneji wrote:4. Devolving the thread into filler talk about basketball.
Yeah I'm not going to seriously call someone scummy because they talked about basketball. That was the most outwardly absurd accusation I hurled at him in that fake case.
Soneji wrote:5. Avoiding the d2 lynch despite acting as if he would break the tie.
Like I said, that's his worst moment. It's also the only component of that case that I even take seriously myself.
Soneji wrote:All of these are valid scumtells and Epi does display them in the posts you brought up and elsewhere. I am going to take your assertion as low level bait, so I can maintain some illusion that towns current leader knows what hes talking about.
Oh really? And this subtle discrediting comment has no value whatsoever toward the town cause. It can serve no purpose but to add doubt to my perspective of my own work and others' perspectives of my own work. I've never called myself "town's leader" or done anything to assume that role other than play as hard as I can, and the fact that you specifically felt the need to identify me in that regard with the implication that I don't know what I'm talking about is frankly the scummiest thing you've said.

Yes, the Epignosis case was fake. Yes, you took the bait hook, line, and sinker.
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Soneji »

Epignosis wrote:
Soneji wrote:If you found the points you brought up against Epi silly, I would like to know what qualifies as scummy in your book.
If I didn't have to go watch two hours of Gotham, I would have fun with you. Lucky for you, I have to go watch two hours of Gotham.
As expected, dodging any kind of confrontation with an excuse while acting as if you would be a shining beacon of logic if only you had the time ti participate.

Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

Its not really feasible at the moment for me to be able to post all I need to fully make my points, while on my phone typing parts in between customers. I'll get back to you once I am at home.

Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Soneji wrote:I'll get back to you once I am at home.
Do it. :srsnod:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Out of curiousity, I had a read through Soneji's post and I would like to ask him a very similar question I had for Black Rock.

If anybody remembers this post I made on Day 6:
I'd also recommend having a look at any players yet to make a decision as to my alignment. I've been a major point of interest since EoD2. Anybody who has yet to come to a decision on that front reeks of disassociation and scumminess. As fate would have it, ika fits this category. I'm sure he's not the only one.
I'd like you all to consider this post from Soneji:
Chaindeath, Draconus and Enrique/Boomslang are the ones I feel the strongest about as scumreads. Next level would be Serge and TH. Then Epi and Nero. llama, BR and Scotty are rather null reads. Rest I'm pretty confident as being town.
The only time Soneji has mentioned me at all in this thread is in Prisoner's GTH reads, where he wrote me off as town. You can infer he has me as a confident town read by this post, but there is absolutely zero justification as to his thought process here. I can't bring myself to believe he is being honest about his read of me. Rather, I don't think he has come to a decision at all. I don't think that looks good.

So, Soneji: Why am I town?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Re: [DAY 7] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Prisoner 509378 wrote:Welp, here goes.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Spacedaisy »

I apologize team, due to the way the trip ended and work schedule was today I haven't had time to write a post so one more time with just the bald facts. Forgive me. Also, this is the first time I've run the technical transition. I'm usually the writer so if I miss something send me a PM. And I'm not caught up on the thread yet, so if you have a pressing question that you asked in thread already, please PM it to me.

Boomslang has been arrested. He was Sockface Stool Pigeon

It is now Night 8.

You have 24 hours to send in your night actions.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

:rolleyes:

What can ya do.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Boom (assumedly) being town makes me feel a little better about Black Rock, but I still demand answers for my questions.
ImageImageImageImage
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

Are you wanting specific posts that gave me town vibes or something Quinn? I haven't paid particular attention to your posts but the general feeling I got when reading the ones I did was that your assessments were logical and genuine. I am not one to do any kind on detailed town read, I just go by gut. I have never been pinged by a post I have read by you.

Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

*loads all of Boomslang's participation score points into a bazooka and fires them into the sea*
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Soneji wrote:Are you wanting specific posts that gave me town vibes or something Quinn? I haven't paid particular attention to your posts but the general feeling I got when reading the ones I did was that your assessments were logical and genuine. I am not one to do any kind on detailed town read, I just go by gut. I have never been pinged by a post I have read by you.
If you would be inclined to find said posts, I would. I would love a good case to be painted for me, for once.
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Dom »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:*loads all of Boomslang's participation score points into a bazooka and fires them into the sea*
I am the suck this game, but this was great. :D

I fell asleep, guys. I'm sorry. I probably would have voted Boom, tbh. RIP
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 275

Post by sig »

I'm very sorry I didn't vote and wasn't around, today was very hectic and I completely forgot when the deadline was.

I'd have ended up voting for Boom today.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Gotham is over, and I don't think I'm winning at basketball tonight.

sig. I want you lynched tomorrow.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 330
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: [POLLS] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Tangrowth »

DAY 8
Who is a policeman?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:26:48 pm

Black Rock
Quin (6) 7%

Boomslang
Sloonei (2), Scotty (4), S~V~S (7), Prisoner 509378 (9), Elohcin (10), chaindeath (13), Black Rock (14) 47%

chaindeath
No votes

Draconus
No votes

Epignosis
No votes

Nerolunar
No votes

Prisoner 509378
No votes

Quin
Turnip Head (5), Boomslang (12) 13%

S~V~S
No votes

Scotty
No votes

Serge
No votes

sig
Epignosis (8) 7%

Sloonei
No votes

Soneji
No votes

Turnip Head
No votes

Inspector Gadget (hosts, non-players)
MovingPictures07 (1), Ricochet (3), nijuukyugou (11), Spacedaisy (15) 27%
Total votes : 15
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 330
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: [NIGHT 8] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Tangrowth »

All front page posts (player roster, story, etc.) and polls thread have been updated.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Quin, you're not a lynch I would favor in the next day phase. If you name me a gun-to-head cop team (every remaining baddie alive), that will be of interest to me. The same goes for anyone really, though certain people's lists might mean less. ;)

I won't name my own list until I have some participation.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

At this point we just need to identify the whole team, because one more mislynch at any point might end the game.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:Quin, you're not a lynch I would favor in the next day phase. If you name me a gun-to-head cop team (every remaining baddie alive), that will be of interest to me. The same goes for anyone really, though certain people's lists might mean less. ;)

I'll participate.

chaindeath
Nerolunar
Quinn
sig
Soneji

Didn't expect that, did you prisoner? ;)
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

If 5:

Chaindeath
Elochin
Dom
Epi
Nero

If 4: Remove Nero/whichever of Dom/Elo replaced Serge. Will need to do more research.

Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Perhaps Epi is bd and specifically recruited his wife to join him.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:Quin, you're not a lynch I would favor in the next day phase. If you name me a gun-to-head cop team (every remaining baddie alive), that will be of interest to me. The same goes for anyone really, though certain people's lists might mean less. ;)

There are a LOT of if/when's involved, so forgive me if you think there's some discrepancy in here. I'll elaborate as much as you need. I'll likely have an update when night ends because everyone is connected in some way in my mind.

chaindeath
Nerolunar
Scotty
Black Rock
Elohcin
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I think I just triggered a death flag.
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Quin wrote:I think I just triggered a death flag.
Whaddya mean?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Whaddya mean?
People who promise information at night are more likely to be killed, from my experience. :shrug:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

If the other prisoners have been serving their time effectively there's a chance we'll be seeing them again on Day 9. In case I'm not here at that point and there is another paroling phase, I leave the following advice:

First and foremost, you're safe with 920077. If the ratios are as dire as the appear for town, it might be necessary to try to parole someone who was already lynched and flipped town. I'm not sure exactly how you can tell who is who assuming they follow the rules, but it's worth the effort to try. I would recommend against paroling anyone who is a higher-probability seemer prospect, such as DDL or ika (if you can distinguish them in their prisoner forms). If you can find Golden, or one of the night arrest targets like indiglo, that would be ideal.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Quin wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Whaddya mean?
People who promise information at night are more likely to be killed, from my experience. :shrug:
How would that make you feel?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Quin wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Whaddya mean?
How would that make you feel?
Er. Bad, I guess.

If you're asking for a more game-centered point of view, I think that scum are likely coming to the realisation that lynching me is going to be harder than anticipated. It's not the most unlikely scenario that they'll arrest me soon.
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Remaining cops:

chaindeath
Nerolunar
sig
Soneji

I am banking on the seemer being eliminated just on probability. If not, this becomes significantly more difficult. The next two names I am considering are Dom and Elohcin, but neither of those cases thrills me. If I'm wrong about Quin then I'm probably going to take that mistake with me to the grave at this point. I can still perhaps see a viable pairing of sig with Epignosis, so that's something to consider moving forward too. I am not interested in voting for Scotty, Sloonei, Turnip Head, Black Rock, or S~V~S.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Quin, are you maintaining a perspective that Black Rock and S~V~S should not be attached at the hip? I struggle to see any logical scenario in which they're not on the same team -- whether as cops or townies.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:Quin, are you maintaining a perspective that Black Rock and S~V~S should not be attached at the hip? I struggle to see any logical scenario in which they're not on the same team -- whether as cops or townies.
I really don't know. I stand by my claim that on her own, Black Rock looks bad. She doesn't look half as bad as she did before Boomslang was lynched, though.

She definitely does looks better when she's paired with SVS, since she's practically claiming 'Hey, we've got BTSC'. Looking at it this way, I think they are clearly on the same team. As I wrote this, I remembered how Black Rock blindly defended Long Con when he was lynched. I took it as a blind faith that she could read his alignment, but there could be more to it.

I don't even know how well that answered the question. I feel like talking about it is helping me out, I'd probably take Black Rock off my list and replace her with Epignosis.
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

How would you describe your feelings about the case against sig?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Okay, no. Black Rock, SVS and Long Con are a trio.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 1158
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

If the undercover cop is still alive I'll be surprised. I don't know which deadrrested player it would be, but the I doubt 5 of you are cops.

I don't know who to name as my 4 suspects at the moment. I'll read up a bit and sleep on it. Sorry I was invisible this phase. I was busy and didn't have much to say anyway.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

There's something unique about the way I'm reading Epignosis that I think works in his favor. It's centered around me though, which means the potential for bias is heightened. Hopefully someone else can share their thoughts on it. I think the progression of how he has handled my continued survival reads authentically:
Epignosis wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:I don't think anyone on this roster of players had any reason to kill Silverwolf except Epignosis. I also don't think it was an attempt to frame him, because there can be no more difficult a framejob than one on the hornet's nest. Many of the doubts about what happened on Day 2 are resolved theoretically by a Fuzz-ika-Epignosis cop team dynamic, and his involvement also plays into the way he handled Silverwolf's suspicion of ika pre-lynch and suspicion that he was the seemer post-lynch.
I (obviously) don't agree with you. I would venture a guess that she got arrested because she's not on anyone's list of eight. :meany:
Numerous people weren't on any lists of eight, and none of them were lightning rods that could [unitnentionally] derail the thread quite like Silverwolf. She was also being called a tinfoil suspect by at least two people.
I don't suppose it would do me any good to tell you that if I were a cop, I'd be arresting your ass before breakfast.
Epignosis wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I don't suppose it would do me any good to tell you that if I were a cop, I'd be arresting your ass before breakfast.
Why?
No one is going to lynch you and you get to vote. In terms of kills (or arrests), you are a free square.
Initially he suggested I would/should be a very easy choice for the cops to arrest/kill because I am a "free square" -- a player with zero chance of being lynched who has voting power. I am unique in this regard; most Mafia games never feature someone who is in my position.
Epignosis wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:Assuming llama was specifically chosen for the kill by the chief, my immediate inclination is to assume it was intended to frame Quin, who has enough enemies remaining in the thread that him just killing a threat isn't a strategically viable solution as a baddie. indiglo being killed was likely the result of her being well out of lynch territory.

If you're a highly-trusted player and you're not dead, I recommend you re-calibrate your reads. Someone is probably letting you stick around because they expect you to do something detrimental to your team.
I don't agree with your assumption. thellama73 vouched smugly for TH and without much reason. TH wasn't lynched. I'm flying with simple explanations and will not be voting for Turnip Head.

Still amazed you're still around.
He maintained this perspective through my survival of Night 7, which I think is important at least in that it shows a consistency in my survival being relevant to his general mindset. Moving forward:
Epignosis wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:Snore.
I've worked out why you're still around, if that's exciting enough to rouse you from your slumber.
Continuing into Day 8, he was still thinking about it -- long enough that he found a potential answer to his own question.
Epignosis wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:Snore.
I've worked out why you're still around, if that's exciting enough to rouse you from your slumber.
By all means, let me have it.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Baddies

The Police (6)
Share BTSC. Win when all of The Daisy Crime Syndicate and The Sockfaced Famiglia are either dead or arrested.
They don't need you out to win. You're not a member of either of the named groups. You could be, had you started with the rest of us, but you didn't.
MovingPictures07 wrote:7. All role power PMs must be sent in by the player utilizing the power. No relying on BTSCmates (if you have any) to send in your power.
The arresting cop is sending in the PMs. None have been missed.

This means the cops are on top of their shit. Time to reassess.
His answer to his own question is above. In this progression of posts we can see Epignosis observing something in the game thread (my continued survival), questioning the sense of that fact, and working his way to an answer that he had to find after some time spent investigating/deliberating for himself. This is obviously an effort which would not be necessary if he is a cop and already knows the answer. I do grant, of course, that this progression is one that could be faked. I think it would be highly creative though, to the point that I find myself doubting that it was deliberately cooked over the course of numerous real-time days of game time just for the sole purpose of making him look better to me. Epignosis is a clever fellow, but that sounds like a reach to me. For this reason I read the progression as authentic.

Thoughts?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I'm writing up my thoughts on sig, fyi. It's just taking a while to put my thoughts to words.
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Another question for you, Quin, while you work (this won't require much thought):

S~V~S and I have a bet going about your alignment. Am I going to have to bear the humiliation of my failure in my signature for an entire game because of you? :mad:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:Another question for you, Quin, while you work (this won't require much thought):

S~V~S and I have a bet going about your alignment. Am I going to have to bear the humiliation of my failure in my signature for an entire game because of you? :mad:
I was going to comment on this. What do I get out of this? I think the loser should like, kiss my feet or something.

The odds for you look good, Prisoner.
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Sloonei wrote:If the undercover cop is still alive I'll be surprised. I don't know which deadrrested player it would be, but the I doubt 5 of you are cops.

I don't know who to name as my 4 suspects at the moment. I'll read up a bit and sleep on it. Sorry I was invisible this phase. I was busy and didn't have much to say anyway.
Please try to get a list out before the night phase ends.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:How would you describe your feelings about the case against sig?
To make this easier, I may as well just give you an updated list of who I'd lynch including all of the people still alive. That'll get everything out in the open and give me more to talk about. I'll omit you, since you're pretty much confirmed indie. The rest is in order of who I'd lynch, in order.

chaindeath
Nerolunar
Scotty
elohcin
Epignosis
sig
Dom
Soneji

I also decided to omit Sloonei, Turnip, Black Rock and SVS because I've been able to make comfortable guesses as to their roles as civs. Those four also have a good standing with pretty much everyone else, so it feels good to do this.

---

If we talk about the case about sig, I guess we do need to talk about EoD2. I hate the idea of this, because everything he did, I did, so saying that it makes sig look bad makes me look worse. Maybe this bias is reflected in my list. You tell me. I'll only quote things I want to talk about specifically, the rest is pretty clear.
Wow why Fuzz this makes no sense I think this is a baddie driven CFD to save a teammate, notice almost the same people are up for lynches today as yesterday? I stand by my theory that one was mafia and that we had some minor save last phase, I think we are seeing a much bigger save attempt this phase. With a mafia team thhis big a CFD is easy to pull off I think this is scum driven to save one of the three leading people. Most likely Ike or Epi.

Can someone give me any reason for the Fuzz lynch?

I also really dislike DDL switch and his reasons. I actually am agreeing with Llama about him what about a Dragon lycnh?

linki: DDL and Golden are my top two scum reads, either Ike or Epi are there partners. Possibly Wilgy as well.
1) I don't see anything bad in this 'scum save' claim. He throws what could have come to be a significant amount of shade at Epi here, if we had taken that route. I haven't played long with sig, but I don't see him as a busser. I'll see where my thoughts go as I keep reading up on sig's posts, but right now I'd say that at if any, only one of the two are a policeman.

2) Part of the case is that sig's posts around the same time were highly manipulative. I dig that. But at the same time, it doesn't look bad. I think he was confused, thought something was off, and tried to persuade people not to do the thing.

3) I would call it different to how I felt about ika or Soneji, but I feel as though sig has been incredibly flimsy in his view on me all game. There are quite a few posts I could quote to showcase this, but you can just ISO him and filter in my name, you'll find them in no time. A whole lot of his interactions with me are fluff. Looking further, he's got me painted as a nice town read, but with nearly all of those posts he's also sliding in a subtle bit of doubt or a willingness to see me as scum.
We first went wrong when we let the Ika wagon dictate what happened on Day 2.

Day 2 ika wagon:

ika
Quin (5), Nerolunar (6), agleaminranks (11), Soneji (12), Serge (14), RadicalFuzz (16), Enrique (23), Long Con (28), sig (29) 31%

Day 3 LC Wagon:

Long Con
Turnip Head (12), Silverwolf (13), sig (18), a2thezebra (19), Serge (23), Quin (25) 23%

Day 4 Gleam Wagon:

agleaminranks
Sloonei (15), Silverwolf (16), Golden (18), ika (19), sig (20), Dragon D. Luffy (22), Scotty (23), indiglo (24), Turnip Head (25) 36%

Day 5 DDL Wagon:

Dragon D. Luffy
Prisoner 509378 (10), Golden (12), thellama73 (14), Scotty (15), indiglo (22), Prisoner 413022 (23), Draconus (25), Prisoner 650829 (26), Prisoner 277058 (28), Turnip Head (29), Prisoner 813142 (32), Sloonei (34), sig (35) 37%

Day 6 Ika Wagon:

ika
Quin (8), Silverwolf (9), sig (10), Soneji (12), Boomslang (15), chaindeath (18), Black Rock (19), Turnip Head (20) 38%

We've got ALOT of common denominators here. Let's stop arguing about how well who reads who how and start lynching them.
4) This is a less noted area of significance. sig was partly responsible for every mislynch up until Turnip was supposed to be lynched. SVS doesn't cover Day 1, but sig voted for Diiny as well. It is very interesting how this pattern stopped as soon as this post was made by SVS.

---

If there's anything more you'd like your opinion on, let me have it. But I think sig has dropped into my top 5.
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

I'm glad you touched on sig's treatment of you, Quin. That's perhaps the most interesting thing to me, because the cases against you two have a lot of similarities. Your treatment of each other should thus be rather telling. I'm going to look at sig now with that as my focus.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

I'm focusing specifically on sig's interactions with Quin because of what I said in my prior post.
sig wrote:I'd also say Golden is wrong here, more people have already defended LC then me, quin, or Enrique. I believe all three of us would be easier wagons then LC. I also find it quite troublesome he is ignoring LC last minute save of Fuzz. At the very least I was in the thread stating my views while LC wasn't and just appeared to tie the votes. How am I suspicious yet this isn't?
I hadn't noticed this before. It's a Why Me? defense. That's one of my favorite scumtells. *loads revolver*
More specifically about Quin, sig insinuates he'd be an easy lynch (along with himself and Boomrique [town]). I don't think that's meaningful.
sig wrote:
Quin wrote:Interesting note that everyone I've had not-so-good reads about so far is voting for sig. Except indiglo, he's civ.
Quin glad you think so, you should switch to LC, not only to save me but also because I believe he is mafia. I will admit my reads aren't usually good but so far I've been correct on LC in almost every game. :srsnod:
Perhaps sig used his kinship with Quin as cohorts in the anti-CFD movement to build momentum in the LC mislynch.
sig wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
sig wrote:If I was on a team with Quin why would he admit saving me? (thanks for that btw)
I can't imagine any scenario at all. In three years of Mafia experience, I must say I am completely at a loss as to why Quin would ever do such a thing. Good point.
In theory he could be mafia and both wagons where civs but he thought this would give him civ points, but it seems very far fetched.
sig dissociates himself from Quin. It's apparent though that sig's intent here was self-defense rather than defending Quin. "I'm a good guy, safe town trusted, please love me. Quin -- I don't know about him man, maybe you should check him out."
sig wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:So much to read through. I realized that I forgot to vote in the poll - for the record I would have voted for Chaindeath.

I don´t feel good about Quin anymore. If he did in fact loan a vote its not unlikely that he used it to save Sig - they were also the ones(and Sloonei to a lesser extent) who opposed the CFD. I believe that they are on a team together. If Sig is scum then Golden is probably civ.

I do really think that Chaindeath is scum too. He is my strongest scum read for multiple reasons that I have already stated, and Im surprised that no one seems to agree with me.

I understand why you guys think that I am not contributing as much as I could - its mostly due to the fact that almost every time a cycle ends there are +7 pages to read, and reading that much doesn´t make me want to write huge analysises, especially not on some of the more complicated subjects. Im choosing my fights as I feel like.
I opposed the CFD? This is news to me.
@Nero Quin out and said he loaned the votes to save me why are you trying to make him seem scummy for maybe doing this when he admitted to doing so?
sig wrote:
Sloonei wrote:To be fair the case can be made that it was a scummy thing to do regardless.
It could be, but if we where teammates why would he admit it? Quin was finally out of the spotlight and to admit that as mafia would be foolish espacilly if we are a team. In theory he could be mafia and saved me to make us spend another day wasted pursuing me, I flip civ he looks cleaner. I could understand that.
However, saying we are teammates it would make no sense for him to say he saved me. If we are teammates and he did this and then admitted he just linked us up and if I'm lynched today and were to flip scum he'd be next. See what I mean? it would make zero sense. My first theory makes more sense, but even then it is a stretch.

Or maybe he lied altogether and didn't save me and something else happened which prevented me from getting lynched? This could be the case, but why would he lie about saving me. Another scenario is there was another factor in play and while he did give me votes something else also contributed to saving me.

I do think the way Nero phrased it is scummy, this seems like him trying to set up a wagon. Which he tried to do in past games here as mafia. I think there is a good chance he is mafia. And I'm still convinced sloonie is mafia.
He does lend Quin a little defensive support here, but always with the emphasis that they're not team mates. This can be viewed as a self-serving defense as much as a genuine defense of Quin.

Similarly soft defense of Quin in response to Golden accusation

At least in this case sig lends some defense without attaching the insistence of dissociation.
sig wrote:Quin could be bad, lynching him is much better then me. :srsnod: :workit: :srsnod:
The bond is severed.
sig wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:I think we should stay on the Sig lynch. You guys can always build a case on Gleam later, but right now Sig needs to go.
Nerolunar wrote:Are the cops at work here? Its rubbing me the wrong way that several votes are shifting now.

Do you really want the Sig discussion to continue for a another day?
These two posts are pingy. Keep on the Sig lynch don't even look for someone else who might be scum build their case later. Then the cops are at work? That would be the top posters who everyone thinks are civs? This seems like fear mongering to me. IF Gleam/Quin is mafia then so is Nero. My predictions have been off this game though. I've not posted much today for two reasons one I thought I was done and two I was worked up. After thinking about it my suspicion of DDL seems a little OMGUS. However, I still think Sloonie could be mafia. Golden is most likely a civ as is SVS.

So for Gleam I did defend him hard day 1, however he seemed to have faded out and flew under the radar I don't like that for Quin it is different. On the surface him giving me votes looks good. However, with the amount of vote changing he might not have suspected me of living. This could have easily been done to build civ credit. Not to mention keep me alive another day and occupy the thread. This and Nero saying we should focus on me today is odd. I don't know if the mafia would be so obvious and I might just be being paranoid, but Quin seemed to flip on his view of me quite quickly. I'll reread it, but he if I'm correct called for my lynch today? I'm unsure if both Nero/Quin are mafia, but I believe one is. Gleam is an unknown I wouldn't be opposed to his lynch today and would vote for him though I'd rather see Quin/Nero lynched.

linki: Okay true Golden, though before today he didn't really call for my lynch and the build your case on Gleam later post was off putting.
They could have been such good bros. For one thing I don't think these two are on a team together at the very least. sig constantly washed his hands of the Quin Problem in a way that suggests he didn't oppose it but nor did he want to drive it. That kind of bystander approach is not what I'd expect from a team mate -- it'd be opportunism.
sig wrote:Nevermind looked over quin's post really quick I confused one of Quins and Nero's posts. Sorry about that. I'd much rather lynch Nero then Quin this is in part since he says he gave me extra votes which both has me on alert but also makes me not want to lynch him, if that makes sense.

linki: Not everyone I've had some solid civ reads throughout the game as well as scum reads. I might have been wrong but I've been active and my view has evolved.
This seems to contrast starkly with the previous post. He grants his error, but that might have been more than just a contextual goof.
sig wrote:
Epignosis wrote:No posts Friday:

sig :|
I've been busy with school today and research for my term paper . Going to martial arts right, but more or less caught up on the thread.

I'm fine with the DDL vote. Would rather not lynch Quin, and find it strange Ika isn't getting more attention. I mean Silver said she thinks he is mafia plus the case on him. It seems strange he has been ignored. I'll be placing my vote on DDL the case agaisnt him is good, I agree with those who did the ISO and case on him. The Bloomslang lynch would be okay, but I hate to lynch lurkers.
Now Quin's his bro again.
sig wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Thanks sig! I'll ask you the same question I just asked Quin: How would you rank your scum reads (Boomslang, thellama, Draconus, ika, Nerolunar, indiglo, Quin) from most to least suspicious?

Also you are the first person to list indi as a scum read. Care to elaborate on that?
I recall Indi being active in the thread, but I can'y actually remember anything they've said. It is suspicious, however I've got nothing concrete for why I think Indi is mafia. Ranked from most to least.

Ika
Boomslang
Drac
Quin
Nero
Llama
Indi
So Ika, Boom, and Drac for the cases agaisnt them. Furthermore I dislike what we saw from Enrique. Nero for the way he is reacting to chaindeath as well as his flipfloppy tunneling stance on me. I might be slightly paranoid due to him tricking me as scum last game.
I explained my thoughts on llama and indi as well. Really nothing concrete.
Now Quin's not his bro anymore. He's his #4 baddie read. My head is spinning. This reads like a guy who knows it makes no sense for him to suspect Quin, but he doesn't want to remove him from the suspect pool -- that's convenience and opportunism.
sig wrote:Any excuse not to do research for my paper so sure. :P

So I like that Quin defended me so I do have a slight pro Quin bias. However, some of his posts are questionable. I could also easily see a baddie loaning me votes to keep me alive, make more trouble in thread, and then get civ credit for saving me.
His very next post paints Quin in a positive light before devolving into a major waffle. sig has no idea what do with Quin.

I also highlighted an adverb. This might be a rare instance in which I agree with Epignosis's method -- that adverb looks bad because it completely devalues the positivity of the post for Quin.

----

This is horrific. Death to sig.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

To review:

I don't think sig and Quin are both cops. That would make very little sense to me. I think sig is much more likely to be a cop than Quin. Thus, I think Quin is town.

Soneji staunchly defended sig in the face of Epi's most recent case, and then he supported my fake case against Epi. Soneji is sig's team mate.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

I'm motivated again. The hell with Boomslang. There are enough people left to trust that the baddies cannot hide. It's over, cops. Die die die.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:To review:

I don't think sig and Quin are both cops. That would make very little sense to me. I think sig is much more likely to be a cop than Quin. Thus, I think Quin is town.

Soneji staunchly defended sig in the face of Epi's most recent case, and then he supported my fake case against Epi. Soneji is sig's team mate.
With all of this now in mind, who is the mafia team?
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

I think my prior list holds.
Prisoner 509378 wrote:Remaining cops:

chaindeath
Nerolunar
sig
Soneji

I am banking on the seemer being eliminated just on probability. If not, this becomes significantly more difficult. The next two names I am considering are Dom and Elohcin, but neither of those cases thrills me. If I'm wrong about Quin then I'm probably going to take that mistake with me to the grave at this point. I can still perhaps see a viable pairing of sig with Epignosis, so that's something to consider moving forward too. I am not interested in voting for Scotty, Sloonei, Turnip Head, Black Rock, or S~V~S.
chaindeath and Nerolunar make interesting team mates too because of Nero's "efforts" to get chaindeath lynched. chaindeath is the only player to appear consistently in Nero's ISO, and he appears constantly. That alone represents some manner of link between them. Nero's case against chain has always been pretty hollow, but he has expressed it with a very strong degree of confidence. It sounds like he already knows chaindeath's alignment. I also think he's realized that the "pressure" he has been putting on chaindeath was never likely to result in his lynch. It reads as coordinated distancing/bussing from a player who would favor that method. There's really no reason that Nero's post history should be so completely focused on chaindeath -- chain hasn't done enough in this game to warrant that kind of attention.

Return to “Previous Jobs”