Mafia Championship Scrimmage [END]

Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 528

Re: Mafia Championship Scrimmage

Post by Golden »

VOTE A2THEZEBRA

I'm smacking zebra on the head with the red shell.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Maybe it will wake her up.
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 244

Post by Dyslexicon »

Golden wrote:VOTE A2THEZEBRA

I'm smacking zebra on the head with the red shell.
Yay! \o/

VOTE A2THEZEBRA
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 246

Post by a2thezebra »

Golden wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Golden wrote: Trying to remove all nuance and force me to term my thoughts on sloonei across the game as either 'good' or 'bad' and not shades of grey on a sliding scale don't sit well with me.
I had a feeling you would use this tactic at some point. Does your read look a little bit fabricated folks? Claim it as "nuance" and make known your disapproval of such outdated terms as "good" or "bad" in regards to reading other players. :rolleyes:
Oh, ok.

I'll expect all of your rainbow lists to be 'confirmed town' or 'confirmed scum' from now on.
Right, because a simple read is so much to ask that if given, it might as well be public knowledge as encyclopedic fact.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

a2thezebra wrote:
Golden wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Golden wrote: Trying to remove all nuance and force me to term my thoughts on sloonei across the game as either 'good' or 'bad' and not shades of grey on a sliding scale don't sit well with me.
I had a feeling you would use this tactic at some point. Does your read look a little bit fabricated folks? Claim it as "nuance" and make known your disapproval of such outdated terms as "good" or "bad" in regards to reading other players. :rolleyes:
Oh, ok.

I'll expect all of your rainbow lists to be 'confirmed town' or 'confirmed scum' from now on.
Right, because a simple read is so much to ask that if given, it might as well be public knowledge as encyclopedic fact.
No, no, I gave simple reads.

You just don't like that 'slight scum' and 'strong scum' are different.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

After MM's case, sloonei.

After sloonei jumped off the Frog vote, sloonei.

It's not that hard to follow.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Golden wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Golden wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Oh, ok.

No, no, I gave simple reads.

You just don't like that 'slight scum' and 'strong scum' are different.
No, you just wish that was the case because then you can give a justified reason to vote me. :P

You said to MM that his case (sorry, the extra work after the case) made you consider voting for Sloonei. Then more recently you said that it was Sloonei's move away from a Frog vote that made you think he was bad. I don't see any distinction on your part between slight and strong scum, I see a contradiction.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Golden wrote:After MM's case, sloonei.

:faint:

:haha:

You're sure it wasn't the extra work he put in after his initial case? Because we agreed that his initial case was rubbish, remember?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I have no justified reason to vote you. I don't give a shit. I'm voting for you to wake you up. Lynch me and you lynch a townie. You've decided to see every explanation I make as a point in your favour, despite the fact it is neither inconsistent nor in any way false.

Or, put another way, your posts towards me are basically the same as silverwolf's posts towards MP yesterday. You are just looking for a reason to suspect me, and anything I say furthers your existing perception. Even rational points that you admit should sway you in the other direction swayed you further towards suspecting me, so...

I'll do what I can to wake you up. If I can't, then whatevs.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

a2thezebra wrote:

You're sure it wasn't the extra work he put in after his initial case? Because we agreed that his initial case was rubbish, remember?
:rolleyes:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Golden wrote:Recruitment Mafia was a game, in which I was not bad but Epi was convinced I was bad, so my by conduct in the thread I tried to induce the mafia to NK epi to frame me, just so I'd have him out of my hair. They did kill him. They also successfully framed me lol, I never really escaped from the suspicion for it.

Let's just say... you couldn't pick two more perfect people to choose to frame me then the two who died. But, otherwise, I don't see great reasons for choosing the pair of them.
That is an entirely different situation, and I fail to see how the kills would be designed to frame you here. The sign up thread is irrelevant imo. And considering the fact that both Silver and Epig seems to be considered a popular N1 kill target on this side anyway, it just makes it even less likely. Plus, you are assuming Epig was in fact a mafia kill, which I see no reason for you to assume unless you know. All this makes me more suspicious of you, not less.

Personally, who made what NK is so much WIFOM to me that I rarely bother over analysing it, especially in a team of four scum. The Silver NK seems natural to me as a scum kill, so likely the regular kill (and the fact that it was mentioned first), and the Epig one I know nothing about.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

You are doing the rico play of trying to tie me up in semantics, and I'm not interested in it.

It's completely obvious in the thread exactly how I felt at each stage of MM's case. I do not have to spell out which part of the case I had the read in 10 times. I've made it abundantly clear. A desire to trip me up in semantics does nothing for you.

Go after me hard and lynch me today and you will be looking real bad tomorrow.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Golden wrote:Go after me hard and lynch me today and you will be looking real bad tomorrow.
And what do you think of her alignment?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Golden wrote:I have no justified reason to vote you. I don't give a shit. I'm voting for you to wake you up. Lynch me and you lynch a townie. You've decided to see every explanation I make as a point in your favour, despite the fact it is neither inconsistent nor in any way false.

Or, put another way, your posts towards me are basically the same as silverwolf's posts towards MP yesterday. You are just looking for a reason to suspect me, and anything I say furthers your existing perception. Even rational points that you admit should sway you in the other direction swayed you further towards suspecting me, so...

Where did I ask for a justified reason? I know your reason, you made it clear already. You have no convincing argument in your alignment's favor so you're resorting to voting me in the hopes that...that will change my mind? I guess? I don't know. Whatever it is, it's not working.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dyslexicon wrote:
Golden wrote:Recruitment Mafia was a game, in which I was not bad but Epi was convinced I was bad, so my by conduct in the thread I tried to induce the mafia to NK epi to frame me, just so I'd have him out of my hair. They did kill him. They also successfully framed me lol, I never really escaped from the suspicion for it.

Let's just say... you couldn't pick two more perfect people to choose to frame me then the two who died. But, otherwise, I don't see great reasons for choosing the pair of them.
That is an entirely different situation, and I fail to see how the kills would be designed to frame you here. The sign up thread is irrelevant imo. And considering the fact that both Silver and Epig seems to be considered a popular N1 kill target on this side anyway, it just makes it even less likely. Plus, you are assuming Epig was in fact a mafia kill, which I see no reason for you to assume unless you know. All this makes me more suspicious of you, not less.
I said, it's a hunch. I'm not making assumptions. I'm just putting out my current 'theory of the game'. It does only work under some set ups, but that's hardly the biggest logical flaw in my hunch. But, hunches aren't based on a logical analysis of the game state to begin with.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dyslexicon wrote:
Golden wrote:Go after me hard and lynch me today and you will be looking real bad tomorrow.
Misguided town. If I thought she were bad, I wouldn't be putting in the effort to wake her up.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Golden wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:

:rolleyes:
Yeah I really can't deny these persuasive arguments you're throwing back at me, I'm totally tunneling you by pretending that such reason as this is working against you rather than for you. Silly me.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

a2thezebra wrote:
Golden wrote:I have no justified reason to vote you. I don't give a shit. I'm voting for you to wake you up. Lynch me and you lynch a townie. You've decided to see every explanation I make as a point in your favour, despite the fact it is neither inconsistent nor in any way false.

Where did I ask for a justified reason? I know your reason, you made it clear already. You have no convincing argument in your alignment's favor so you're resorting to voting me in the hopes that...that will change my mind? I guess? I don't know. Whatever it is, it's not working.
I doubt anything will work.

Doesn't make you any more correct.

You've got yourself caught up in your own semantic arguments and the only reason you are calling my responses to you inconsistent and illogical is because you've deemed them so, not because they actually are.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Golden wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:
Misguided town. If I thought she were bad, I wouldn't be putting in the effort to wake her up.
You mean the effort like the eye-roll in the last response? You're not putting any fucking effort whatsoever, you're just emulating the town Golden stubbornness that I accused you of lacking earlier to make up for lost time.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Golden wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:

I doubt anything will work.

Doesn't make you any more correct.

You've got yourself caught up in your own semantic arguments and the only reason you are calling my responses to you inconsistent and illogical is because you've deemed them so, not because they actually are.
That's kind of how opinions work, yeah. I think something is this or that so I think something is this or that. Sometimes I might even dare to say it.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Here's the thing, zebra. Full seriousness.

I am town, but I'd sooner mislynch you and leave my vote on you than be lynched myself. I'm playing this game for practice for champs. I don't actually care if you go down. I don't actually WHO goes down. I'm going to do my best to try to solve the game and thats all there is to it.

I'll do what I have to do to survive in this game. If that means lynching the people who think I'm bad, even if they are town, then so be it. Means I get longer to practice.

I don't have any teammates to come to my rescue and help. If I do get lynched today, I'll call it a failed endeavour. Certainly, I'll give up, because I don't have time for this shit. I'm playing because JJJ was nice enough to give me a chance to practice, even though I really don't have time for it.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Who is going to keep me sane this game? :confused2:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

a2thezebra wrote:
Golden wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:
You mean the effort like the eye-roll in the last response? You're not putting any fucking effort whatsoever, you're just emulating the town Golden stubbornness that I accused you of lacking earlier to make up for lost time.
Stubbornness and hurricane of self-assurance are not the same thing, and if you think they are you don't know what canuck was referring to. She was referring to, like, Turf Wars me. Roger Rabbit me. Calling out an entire team on day zero me.

Anyway, what do you want me to do? Say 'oh, zebra, you're right, I'm scum, well done'? I AM TOWN, what else do you think I'll be but stubborn in the face of accusations I'm not?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dyslexicon wrote:Who is going to keep me sane this game? :confused2:
MovingPictures :p

Zexy seems pretty sane though.

So am I, even though you might think my hunch is insane. Let's see if it is so insane when all the chips have fallen lol. It might well be, but I genuinely think I'm on to something there.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Golden wrote:Here's the thing, zebra. Full seriousness.

I am town, but I'd sooner mislynch you and leave my vote on you than be lynched myself. I'm playing this game for practice for champs. I don't actually care if you go down. I don't actually WHO goes down. I'm going to do my best to try to solve the game and thats all there is to it.

I'll do what I have to do to survive in this game. If that means lynching the people who think I'm bad, even if they are town, then so be it. Means I get longer to practice.

I don't have any teammates to come to my rescue and help. If I do get lynched today, I'll call it a failed endeavour. Certainly, I'll give up, because I don't have time for this shit. I'm playing because JJJ was nice enough to give me a chance to practice, even though I really don't have time for it.
Haha, do your worst. Very pro-town of you to go after me and anyone else that suspects you just so you can practice.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Word of advice though; it might be a bit more difficult to mislynch me when you've outright stated that my lynch would be a mislynch.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Golden wrote: Anyway, what do you want me to do? Say 'oh, zebra, you're right, I'm scum, well done'? I AM TOWN, what else do you think I'll be but stubborn in the face of accusations I'm not?
If all I wanted from you was to concede then I wouldn't have bothered holding my vote until you responded. Strong defenses have swayed me before, I wanted you to defend yourself convincingly. Instead, you pulled the condescension/disrespect card. Not smart.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

a2thezebra wrote:Word of advice though; it might be a bit more difficult to mislynch me when you've outright stated that my lynch would be a mislynch.
Well, I wouldn't know if it would be a mislynch or not. I just know why my vote is there right now, and its not because I'm scum reading you.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

a2thezebra wrote:
Golden wrote: Anyway, what do you want me to do? Say 'oh, zebra, you're right, I'm scum, well done'? I AM TOWN, what else do you think I'll be but stubborn in the face of accusations I'm not?
If all I wanted from you was to concede then I wouldn't have bothered holding my vote until you responded. Strong defenses have swayed me before, I wanted you to defend yourself convincingly. Instead, you pulled the condescension/disrespect card. Not smart.
I defended myself with the truth. You didn't buy it. I am not then going to make up shit to be more persuasive. If you don't buy the truth, there is nothing more I can do.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Golden wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Word of advice though; it might be a bit more difficult to mislynch me when you've outright stated that my lynch would be a mislynch.
Well, I wouldn't know if it would be a mislynch or not. I just know why my vote is there right now, and its not because I'm scum reading you.
If you're not voting me because you're scum-reading me then my point still stands. If you want me mislynched for reading you as bad then failing to pretend that you think I'm a baddie myself isn't going to help much.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Golden wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
I defended myself with the truth. You didn't buy it. I am not then going to make up shit to be more persuasive. If you don't buy the truth, there is nothing more I can do.
The truth? What a cop out. You defended yourself with cheap semantics and then accused me of attacking you with them. If you were speaking the truth then you did a shit job of going about it.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Golden wrote:MovingPictures :p
Yeah, that is pretty much what I was thinking.
Zexy seems pretty sane though.
But I don't trust him. Gets some townish reads on him and disappears. Nurrrrrr.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Dyslexicon wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Plus I already did during my initial responses to you so I would just be repeating myself.
Alright, I'll just do you then. Going to catch up on everything first.

:cloud9:
Is this still happening?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Like, he didn't say that. Just like Ika didn't claim scum when he said that if he was scum he'd kill Silver. This may just be your playstyle, but it is seriously making me go squinty squinty squint
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

a2thezebra wrote:Is this still happening?
Maybe. I'm catching up (it's a lot that was only skimmed or skipped). Finding other stuff I want to bring up too. Let it be a surprise. \o/
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Dyslexicon wrote:
Like, he didn't say that.
He didn't?
Golden wrote:I am town, but I'd sooner mislynch you and leave my vote on you than be lynched myself.
Golden wrote:If that means lynching the people who think I'm bad, even if they are town, then so be it.
Golden wrote:I just know why my vote is there right now, and its not because I'm scum reading you.
Dyslexicon wrote:Just like Ika didn't claim scum when he said that if he was scum he'd kill Silver.
Which is why I asked him the following instead of accusing him of scum-claiming:
a2thezebra wrote:
ika wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
ika wrote:I'm on break but anyone who thinks I wouldn't kill silver n1 is being redoicolus.
So you did kill her.
If I was scum, yes that would be the case.
So are you confessing or are you saying that you were framed?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

See, you wonder why I suspect you when you misrepresent me to this degree, and lie to my face about what I myself said as well as what others said.

Then you have the nerve to say that maybe it's just playstyle. What's just playstyle exactly? Playing the game?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Put it this way, anyway. The choice of Silverwolf and Epignosis DEFINATELY suggests that the mafia contains some syndicate regulars.

This gives me

Zebra
Wilgy
Marmot
MP
sig
sloonei

That's only six names to choose from, and I'd say at least two of them would be bad to influence the kills in that way. I read MP, sig and zebra as town, that leaves me three to pick from.

Combined with thread behaviours, I have quite a few reasons I think sloonei and Marmot might be bad. The Frog switch out. Marmot basically saying in the thread 'don't forget there are town power roles' which to me was quite blase when you consider the context.

I think at least one of the pair is bad. It is tinfoiling to say they are both a pair together, but hey, I like tinfoiling.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

a2thezebra wrote:
Golden wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
The truth? What a cop out. You defended yourself with cheap semantics and then accused me of attacking you with them. If you were speaking the truth then you did a shit job of going about it.
I did not defend myself with anything 'cheap' or 'semantics'. The truth is my read on sloonei did not change based on MM's initial case, and it did change based on his subsequent addition, which only came after I pressured him. My read on sloonei further worsened (ie, I went from 'I see MM's case and it isn't bad' to 'I think sloonei is bad independent from MM's case') when sloonei voted frog.

This is not a semantic difference. It's there, in the thread, as it happened, for anyone to read.

MM and you are the ones who have been using semantics to try to trip me into looking like my view has been inconsistent when it has not been.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

But the fact is, even if my view was inconsistent, it is still the truth and its never a cop out to just tell what my thinking was exactly as it was.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

a2thezebra wrote:Thinking through scenarios? To me it feels more like Golden didn't want to civ read me too suddenly after voicing initial suspicion, and as a baddie his interest in making sure his reads don't seem unnatural is more of a priority than as a civ. The irony of this is that, if Golden is in fact a baddie, caring more about changing his reads of others is the greatest evidence that they are in fact fabricated reads, because I don't think civ Golden would be "thinking through scenarios" by suggesting that I'm a mafia goon that wants to take out MP tomorrow. That's too specific and at the same time too absurd of a scenario to consider and propose in-thread for a genuine read. Civ Golden, as I understand him, would either tunnel me more without feeling the need to bring up bizarre theories to justify his suspicion of me, or he would be swayed to town-read me more fluidly and less vaguely.
I just noticed this. It couldn't possibly be a more inaccurate statement of how I work as town. I am constantly thinking through scenarios and positing ideas for what might be going on - regardless of how active, hurricane-ish, or stubborn I'm being. It is like a consistent throughline that can be relied upon.

Although I love the last sentence. What is the difference between reading you fluidly and vaguely?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

a2thezebra wrote:
Golden wrote:
If you're not voting me because you're scum-reading me then my point still stands. If you want me mislynched for reading you as bad then failing to pretend that you think I'm a baddie myself isn't going to help much.
No, I just don't much care if you are lynched because you are reading me as bad. That is a different thing. And, by the way, the highlighted portion is manipulative. Once again, I don't know if your lynch is a mislynch. I don't want you 'mislynched'. I don't want anyone mislynched. I just don't much care if someone who is tunneling on me incorrectly dies. It's like the second best option after a mafia lynch. I never have. It's a distracting waste of my time and doesn't help me solve the game. It's why I angled epi to get taken out in Recruitment. In fact, if I'm town and having a hard time picking between two people I think are bad, I'm always more likely to land on the one who I think is going to give me the harder time. It makes my life easier in the long run.

Zebra, you yourself didn't care if you got lynched yesterday over MP. That leads me to believe you are not a town power role and you thought there was at least a chance that MP was. I still think you are town, right now, but that doesn't make me correct about that. People aren't going to lynch you because of my vote, but that doesn't mean they won't think you are bad.

And, anyway, who knows where my vote will end up at this stage. Certainly not me. I just wanted you to know, that if you want to tunnel on me and do nothing else, then I have no qualms with my vote being on you, even if I'm reading you as town. It's win win... either you are actually bad, or you are a thorn in my side that's gone. I can't lose.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Golden wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Golden wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Golden: I didn't like his attitude wert me yesterday. He, like you, was very hesitant to vote for Sloonei, despite acknowledging that Sloonei was a decent candidate for Day 1. Also, responses like this just give me the shivers. An "Oh, of course I meant to do that ;)" instead of an "Aye, good call there, I was wrong".
I wasn't wrong at all, MM. Your case on sloonei was shit, because you hadn't demonstrated any context. I don't have to do your research for you.
Bullshit.

If the case was shit, why did you concede that Sloonei was on your list of "players to lynch" as a result of the case?
Because you then added to the case, after I prompted you to do so. You were quite content to make a flawed case to begin with.

Having said that, then when you DID do the extra work, I was surprised to discover your case actually had merit. Doesn't change the fact that I do not agree that your initial case had merit. It was half-assed and flawed, and looked to me like a case that you were portraying just to get yourself off the bottom.

I don't know why you'd expect me to say "I was wrong" for forcing you to build a fuller case. I was quite satisfied with my work.
I think you give yourself too much credit here. I don't believe you intentionally prodded me to "build up" my case.
No, I prodded you because I thought your case would fail, and when you went and looked at the evidence you would find sloonei had stated he trusted Frog and the case wasn't really there. I was expecting it, ultimately, to mean you decided there was nothing to your sloonei case. That's what I was expecting. I thought your case was going to derail with context. I didn't research it to check, but that was my instinct.

As it turned out, I was surprised about what you found. And I found it persuasive.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

a2thezebra wrote:
Golden wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:I didn't say anything but throughout yesterday I felt like Golden lacked the "hurricane of self-assurance" factor that he's known for as town.
Yeah - you've been in games where I've addressed this so you will probably see the wisdom in what I'm about to say - Star Wars, for instance, where bcornett was trying to paint me as bad?

The hurricane of self-assurance is a guaranteed town setting for me. You won't see it when I'm bad.

But the inverse is not true. I have many different ways of playing as town. It's just that the 'hurricane of self-assurance' is an easy read. It's a style I developed and became known for on RM when I got a few roles that were hard to NK in short order. I didn't play that way in champs either. I did in Dune... why? Because my role allowed me to figure out other players roles. I did in Turf Wars... why? Because I didn't really have time to play and wanted to have a big impact and be nked early.

I'm trying to simulate how I'll play in the champs game here, as closely as I can. I'm thinking about what I'll do stylistically etc. I certainly doubt I'll be playing hurricane of self assurance in that game. Especialyl because I want to set up a meta I can maintain in the finals if, say, I'm town in heats and mafia in finals. If I'm a town power role, I won't want to stand out. If I'm a vanilla town, I'll want to provide cover for town power roles. If I'm mafia, well, I'll want to blend in.
Perhaps you're not always a hurricane of self-assurance as town, but that doesn't explain why your reads, particularly the development of your reads, feel so unnatural. You don't seem like you don't want to stand out, you don't seem like you're providing cover for town power roles, you do seem like you simply want to blend in and nothing more.
What kind of cover would you like me to be providing for the town power roles? What does that look like to you. Do you think I should be endeavouring to induce a nightkill?

Do you think I specialise in 'unnatural read progression' when I'm scum?
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 90
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Notice: Matt is replacing Sloonei.

The deadline for Day 2 is in 25 hours and 42 minutes at precisely 10:00 PM eastern US/Canada time on Tuesday.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Zexy
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Zexy »

I think Psi is so overwhelmed he doesn’t even care. Scum!him does this more easily than town!him, but town!him does it enough as well and numbers alone say it’s more likely for him to be town, so 50-50 at best… Still not answering to the rest of your questions, MP, at least for a while longer… just in case.

I disagree with the notion that mafia 1x vig wouldn’t use their shot tonight. The worlds were narrowed down, indeed, but they could be afraid that the 1x vig would get lynched d2 before being able to use their extra kill. 1 less townie is much more important than 4 less worlds imo.

I think Golden’s townier than all the people voting for him. Dyslexicon in particular just shifts his vote around…
But I don't trust him. Gets some townish reads on him and disappears. Nurrrrrr.
I know, I know. May sound like excuses but I have some unexpected RL stuff to deal with. Only Psi can really confirm this, though :(
I’m trying… but right now I’m also tired.It’s past 3am in Greece as I am posting this, check for yourselves… tomorrow, though, I should be able to stick around for EOD.

Still owing the ISOs :( They'll happen, people.
As for voting... definitely not Golden. I would feel more comfortable with Zebra had Dyslexicon not made that switch.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

These posts are the truth that you don't find persuasive.

I don't know what more you want from me on this subject. It's not like there is a lot to mine there. I've explained exactly how my feelings about MM's case and my reaction to it developed over time. You call it unpersuasive and fabricated. If that's how you feel about the truth, and that I'm doing a 'shit job' of telling the truth, there is nothing I can do about that.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

@zexy - I definitely feel worse about Dizzy's vote for me than zebra's. I think zebra has just gotten in her own head and is determined I'm bad. I've been on the end of it before. In fact, the only time I can remember zebra defending me from suspicion is when she was on the team I was being accused of being on and knew the suspicion was wrong. I feel, over all, pretty good about zebra's affiliation as a result of this, even though she is being a PITA :p

(I do love you zebra. But you are wrong wrong wrong.)
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

a2thezebra wrote:
Golden wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:I didn't say anything but throughout yesterday I felt like Golden lacked the "hurricane of self-assurance" factor that he's known for as town.
Yeah - you've been in games where I've addressed this so you will probably see the wisdom in what I'm about to say - Star Wars, for instance, where bcornett was trying to paint me as bad?

The hurricane of self-assurance is a guaranteed town setting for me. You won't see it when I'm bad.

But the inverse is not true. I have many different ways of playing as town. It's just that the 'hurricane of self-assurance' is an easy read. It's a style I developed and became known for on RM when I got a few roles that were hard to NK in short order. I didn't play that way in champs either. I did in Dune... why? Because my role allowed me to figure out other players roles. I did in Turf Wars... why? Because I didn't really have time to play and wanted to have a big impact and be nked early.

I'm trying to simulate how I'll play in the champs game here, as closely as I can. I'm thinking about what I'll do stylistically etc. I certainly doubt I'll be playing hurricane of self assurance in that game. Especialyl because I want to set up a meta I can maintain in the finals if, say, I'm town in heats and mafia in finals. If I'm a town power role, I won't want to stand out. If I'm a vanilla town, I'll want to provide cover for town power roles. If I'm mafia, well, I'll want to blend in.
Perhaps you're not always a hurricane of self-assurance as town, but that doesn't explain why your reads, particularly the development of your reads, feel so unnatural. You don't seem like you don't want to stand out, you don't seem like you're providing cover for town power roles, you do seem like you simply want to blend in and nothing more.
Oh, I just realised you are talking about my own 'providing cover for town roles'.

I think baddies or more likely to kill people who are blending in... ie they'll expect power roles to want to blend in. Therefore, when vanilla, blending in may make you appear to be a power role.

Put another way, in the championships game I think the optimum strategy no matter what role I roll is to try to blend in. If you think that's what it looks like I'm trying to do, it's because it is very deliberately what I'm trying to do.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

New rainbow

Strong town

Marco
Zexy
MovingPictures07

Moderate town

a2thezebra
sig

Slight town

Dyslexicon
ika

Slight scum

DrWilgy
Inawordyes
Metalmarsh89
Psittaciform
Soneji

Moderate scum

Matt

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”