Kudos To You!!

Are you new to The Syndicate's mafia crime family? If so, introduce yourself here! For all Syndicateers, this is the place to get to know your fellow family members.

Moderator: Social Moderators

User avatar
juliets
Crimson Tide
Posts: 5925
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:16 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Moobyworld

Isolate Posts by juliets

Re: Kudos To You!!

Post by juliets » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:20 pm

Congrats JJJ what a great problem to have!
These are the days of miracles and wonder...
ImageImageImage ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Spacedaisy
Femme Fatale
Posts: 4256
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:56 am
Location: On the Prankster Bus

Isolate Posts by Spacedaisy

Re: Kudos To You!!

Post by Spacedaisy » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:21 pm

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Whoa I just got accepted to another one. I chewed my finger nails off for two months praying for one and now I get two in a couple hours. :huh:
Can I just say, "I told you so!"

;)

Also congratulations!

User avatar
MovingPictures07
The Don
Posts: 24700
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:20 am
Gender: Male
Location: San Antonio, TX

Isolate Posts by MovingPictures07

Re: Kudos To You!!

Post by MovingPictures07 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:04 am

So I got my first ever paper accepted into a conference for presentation. I'm going to the AAA (that's American Accounting Association for those of you who still immediately think of the auto company when you see that ;) ) Southeast Regional Conference in late April, and I guess I'll be presenting my second year paper (which at this point looks like it'll be gobbled up into one of the essays in my dissertation).

It's at the "kiddy table" presentations (Dialogue instead of Paper Session), so I was actually slightly disappointed yesterday, but I really can't complain. It was accepted, I'll get to network with folks, and at least I hopefully will get some valuable feedback on my paper nonetheless.

Baby steps, at least.

User avatar
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts: 21848
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:59 pm

Isolate Posts by Epignosis

Re: Kudos To You!!

Post by Epignosis » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:07 am

Big deal. I presented a paper there once. It was called, "Money: It's a Gas. Grab that Cash with Both Hands and Make a Stash"

User avatar
MovingPictures07
The Don
Posts: 24700
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:20 am
Gender: Male
Location: San Antonio, TX

Isolate Posts by MovingPictures07

Re: Kudos To You!!

Post by MovingPictures07 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:15 am

Epignosis wrote:Big deal. I presented a paper there once. It was called, "Money: It's a Gas. Grab that Cash with Both Hands and Make a Stash"
:haha:

User avatar
juliets
Crimson Tide
Posts: 5925
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:16 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Moobyworld

Isolate Posts by juliets

Re: Kudos To You!!

Post by juliets » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:17 am

Congrats MP! What exactly does it mean that it's "dialogue" instead of "presentation"?
These are the days of miracles and wonder...
ImageImageImage ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
MovingPictures07
The Don
Posts: 24700
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:20 am
Gender: Male
Location: San Antonio, TX

Isolate Posts by MovingPictures07

Re: Kudos To You!!

Post by MovingPictures07 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:29 am

juliets wrote:Congrats MP! What exactly does it mean that it's "dialogue" instead of "presentation"?
The session will be run a bit differently. I'll have like 10-15 minutes to present my paper instead of 20-25, and I'll have to share my time with like 4 other papers instead of 1-2. The dialogue session is designed more for papers that aren't as ready for publication so there's also a dialogue moderator that will try to spur conversation regarding suggestions. The time slot also will probably be a bit less favorable (like really early in the morning or the end of the afternoon). That's it though.

Really it's not much different. They emphasize that the reviewers still review the papers as rigorously as for the normal paper sessions, so assuming that's true, I should get at least as much valuable feedback as I would otherwise. It just has a "kiddy table" perception because we all know the papers that aren't quite as good but they still want presented get shoved into the dialogue sessions after the regular sessions are all taken up. :p

User avatar
thellama73
Supatown
Posts: 12381
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:29 pm
Location: Murder Park

Isolate Posts by thellama73

Re: Kudos To You!!

Post by thellama73 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:18 pm

MovingPictures07 wrote:So I got my first ever paper accepted into a conference for presentation. I'm going to the AAA (that's American Accounting Association for those of you who still immediately think of the auto company when you see that ;) ) Southeast Regional Conference in late April, and I guess I'll be presenting my second year paper (which at this point looks like it'll be gobbled up into one of the essays in my dissertation).

It's at the "kiddy table" presentations (Dialogue instead of Paper Session), so I was actually slightly disappointed yesterday, but I really can't complain. It was accepted, I'll get to network with folks, and at least I hopefully will get some valuable feedback on my paper nonetheless.

Baby steps, at least.
Can I submit a question about your paper to the conference?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
MovingPictures07
The Don
Posts: 24700
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:20 am
Gender: Male
Location: San Antonio, TX

Isolate Posts by MovingPictures07

Re: Kudos To You!!

Post by MovingPictures07 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:53 pm

If you want to fly to Miami and attend, sure. :p

User avatar
Golden
The Coward
Posts: 12630
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:27 am
Gender: Male
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

Isolate Posts by Golden

Re: Kudos To You!!

Post by Golden » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:10 pm

You're presenting to alcoholics?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Image
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward

User avatar
MovingPictures07
The Don
Posts: 24700
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:20 am
Gender: Male
Location: San Antonio, TX

Isolate Posts by MovingPictures07

Re: Kudos To You!!

Post by MovingPictures07 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:10 pm

Yes, exactly. :srsnod:

User avatar
bea
Racketeer
Posts: 4405
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:33 pm

Isolate Posts by bea

Re: Kudos To You!!

Post by bea » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:33 pm

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Oh God our Mafia games are data
The ethics review boards were surprisingly eager to allow me to make you all my unwitting guinea pigs. :feb:

I wanna read the mafia disertation!!!
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!

User avatar
Quin
The Bringer of Forever Night
Posts: 5138
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:08 am
Gender: Male
Location: JJJ is scary

Isolate Posts by Quin

Re: Kudos To You!!

Post by Quin » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:01 pm

Golden wrote:You're presenting to alcoholics?
American Alcoholic Accountants.
Scotty wrote:Teacher! Teacher! May I vote twice, like the Warden? I'll be a good boy, I swear!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

User avatar
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts: 16354
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:56 am
Location: Blockula

Isolate Posts by S~V~S

Re: Kudos To You!!

Post by S~V~S » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:03 pm

I thought it was Alcoholic Accountants of America? I can call my Dad and ask, I am sure he is a member.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Image ImageImage
ImageImage

User avatar
bea
Racketeer
Posts: 4405
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:33 pm

Isolate Posts by bea

Re: Kudos To You!!

Post by bea » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:23 am

Reminds me of when my kids ask me "how do you deal with our shit?" My standard response is "functional alcoholism" sadly, they think I'm joking.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!

User avatar
G-Man
Racketeer
Posts: 4449
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:13 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Isolate Posts by G-Man

Re: Kudos To You!!

Post by G-Man » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:15 am

Last night was the first of our two annual HOA meetings. Three people volunteered to serve as board members along with one of the current board members being willing to stay on. That means that, after three years as HOA Treasurer, I get to step down!

:omg: :lorab: :hyper: :bliss: :bounce: :omg: :lorab: :hyper: :bliss: :bounce: :omg: :lorab: :hyper: :bliss: :bounce:
My Banners:
Image
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom

User avatar
MovingPictures07
The Don
Posts: 24700
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:20 am
Gender: Male
Location: San Antonio, TX

Isolate Posts by MovingPictures07

Re: Kudos To You!!

Post by MovingPictures07 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:24 pm

G-Man wrote:Last night was the first of our two annual HOA meetings. Three people volunteered to serve as board members along with one of the current board members being willing to stay on. That means that, after three years as HOA Treasurer, I get to step down!

:omg: :lorab: :hyper: :bliss: :bounce: :omg: :lorab: :hyper: :bliss: :bounce: :omg: :lorab: :hyper: :bliss: :bounce:
:beer:

User avatar
G-Man
Racketeer
Posts: 4449
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:13 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Isolate Posts by G-Man

Re: Kudos To You!!

Post by G-Man » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:19 am

Also, I now have a nephew! Between the HOA, the healthy nephew, and the hockey game last week, this is stacking up to be a pretty good week. :nicenod:
My Banners:
Image
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom

User avatar
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts: 16354
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:56 am
Location: Blockula

Isolate Posts by S~V~S

Re: Kudos To You!!

Post by S~V~S » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:47 am

Congrats on an excellent week :cloud9:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Image ImageImage
ImageImage

User avatar
Golden
The Coward
Posts: 12630
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:27 am
Gender: Male
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

Isolate Posts by Golden

Re: Kudos To You!!

Post by Golden » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:43 pm

G-Man wrote:Also, I now have a nephew! Between the HOA, the healthy nephew, and the hockey game last week, this is stacking up to be a pretty good week. :nicenod:
Awesome g!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Image
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward

User avatar
Spacedaisy
Femme Fatale
Posts: 4256
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:56 am
Location: On the Prankster Bus

Isolate Posts by Spacedaisy

Re: Kudos To You!!

Post by Spacedaisy » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:45 am

@Russtifinko got married yesterday to a really sweet girl! Congrats to the newlyweds! :fiesta: They're pretty much the cutest thing ever!

User avatar
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts: 1551
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:40 pm
Gender: Female
Location: North Carolina

Isolate Posts by nijuukyugou

Re: Kudos To You!!

Post by nijuukyugou » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:59 pm

Spacedaisy wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:45 am
@Russtifinko got married yesterday to a really sweet girl! Congrats to the newlyweds! :fiesta: They're pretty much the cutest thing ever!
Agreed! Ahhhhhhh :omg:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Quin
The Bringer of Forever Night
Posts: 5138
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:08 am
Gender: Male
Location: JJJ is scary

Isolate Posts by Quin

Re: Kudos To You!!

Post by Quin » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:43 am

So as some of you know, one of my old university lecturers contacted me earlier this week and asked if I'd be interested in assisting her with a research project, which I accepted. I know it's going to be so different and overwhelming, but in the most fulfilling way possible.

I'll let you know if I still feel the same in a few days :noble:
Scotty wrote:Teacher! Teacher! May I vote twice, like the Warden? I'll be a good boy, I swear!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

User avatar
Spacedaisy
Femme Fatale
Posts: 4256
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:56 am
Location: On the Prankster Bus

Isolate Posts by Spacedaisy

Re: Kudos To You!!

Post by Spacedaisy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:52 am

:hugs:

User avatar
juliets
Crimson Tide
Posts: 5925
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:16 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Moobyworld

Isolate Posts by juliets

Re: Kudos To You!!

Post by juliets » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:51 am

Quin wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:43 am
So as some of you know, one of my old university lecturers contacted me earlier this week and asked if I'd be interested in assisting her with a research project, which I accepted. I know it's going to be so different and overwhelming, but in the most fulfilling way possible.

I'll let you know if I still feel the same in a few days :noble:
Congrats Dom I'm sure it will be really cool and you will love it.
These are the days of miracles and wonder...
ImageImageImage ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Quin
The Bringer of Forever Night
Posts: 5138
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:08 am
Gender: Male
Location: JJJ is scary

Isolate Posts by Quin

Re: Kudos To You!!

Post by Quin » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:54 am

juliets wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:51 am
Quin wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:43 am
So as some of you know, one of my old university lecturers contacted me earlier this week and asked if I'd be interested in assisting her with a research project, which I accepted. I know it's going to be so different and overwhelming, but in the most fulfilling way possible.

I'll let you know if I still feel the same in a few days :noble:
Congrats Dom I'm sure it will be really cool and you will love it.
yay dom
Scotty wrote:Teacher! Teacher! May I vote twice, like the Warden? I'll be a good boy, I swear!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

User avatar
juliets
Crimson Tide
Posts: 5925
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:16 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Moobyworld

Isolate Posts by juliets

Re: Kudos To You!!

Post by juliets » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:55 am

juliets wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:51 am
Quin wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:43 am
So as some of you know, one of my old university lecturers contacted me earlier this week and asked if I'd be interested in assisting her with a research project, which I accepted. I know it's going to be so different and overwhelming, but in the most fulfilling way possible.

I'll let you know if I still feel the same in a few days :noble:
Congrats Dom I'm sure it will be really cool and you will love it.
I said Dom but its really Quin
These are the days of miracles and wonder...
ImageImageImage ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Spacedaisy
Femme Fatale
Posts: 4256
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:56 am
Location: On the Prankster Bus

Isolate Posts by Spacedaisy

Re: Kudos To You!!

Post by Spacedaisy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:45 pm

:haha: Sounds like something I would do.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest