Weekly Syndicate Chatzy

Are you new to The Syndicate's mafia crime family? If so, introduce yourself here! For all Syndicateers, this is the place to get to know your fellow family members.

Moderator: Community Team

Pick 2: Pick a Day and Pick a Starting Time!

Monday
5%
Tuesday
5%
Wednesday
No votes
Thursday
No votes
Friday
32%
Saturday
No votes
Sunday
5%
3:00PM EST
11%
4:00PM EST
11%
5:00PM EST
5%
6:00PM EST
5%
7:00PM EST
No votes
8:00PM EST
No votes
9:00PM EST
No votes
10:00PM EST
5%
11:00PM EST
5%
Other (please state)
11%

Total votes: 19
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 6
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Weekly Syndicate Chatzy

Post by Tangrowth »

UPDATE (as of 5/19/16):

We have decided to follow through with this idea. Click here to join the Syndicate Chatroom. You may also find the link in that discussion thread I linked above in the Welcome to the Family subforum.

You may enter and use the chatzy chatroom whenever you would like to speak with your fellow Syndicateers. Every Friday from starting at 3:00PM Eastern time until... basically, whenever into the night, you all decide to stop talking, we will host the "official" meetup time to chat! juliets may be running Jeopardy and you all can feel free to set up whatever games and fun activities you want during this time as well, since we foresee it being the time frame with the highest activity.

Furthermore, juliets will be the moderator in charge specifically of monitoring the chatroom for abuse, so please respect any action she takes in the chatroom; she only will do so to ensure that everyone can chat without worrying about anyone being disrespectful. I don't think this will be a problem at all with the great group of folks in our community, but nonetheless, it's established just in case anything ever gets out of hand. If you have questions or concerns about the chatroom, be sure to contact her.

Looking forward to further fostering communication outside of mafia games and continuing to strengthen our already awesome community! We hope you enjoy this function. If it receives lots of support, my fellow administrators and I will consider further action, perhaps a more sophisticated chatroom or something similar.

Have fun!
Hello, folks!

Daisy and I have been talking about setting up an official Syndicate chatzy for site members to talk whenever. It will happen.

More importantly, we'd also like to arrange a weekly time, during which we have an 'official' weekly chat, just for everyone to get together and talk OT. I think this will be a good way for the community to interact even further outside of just a mafia setting.

I'd like to get everyone's opinion on when they'd most like the 'official' weekly time to start; note that we'll keep the chatzy link available so people can pop in and out any time other than that too.

All feedback is welcome and appreciated!
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Weekly Syndicate Chatzy

Post by A Person »

So who's going to be the first person to vote for the line?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

A Person wrote:So who's going to be the first person to vote for the line?
Line? What line? :shifty:
Psittaciform

Post by Psittaciform »

Just wondering, what is chatzy, and why that over any other program/service that could be used for this?
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by G-Man »

Oh my this sounds like it will be fun. I bet my time restrictions won't line up often though. I can always just pop in for whenever.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Spoiler: show
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Golden »

Jeopardy!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I also voted Friday at 3:00 but I would hope we would be able to extend that time to like 9:00 instead of just 3:00 to 4:00. Americans getting off work won't get home til probably 5:30 or even 6:00, and the people out of country will be going to bed about 6:00 (maybe a little earlier, maybe a little later). In other words I'd like to see a span of time that people will be in there. There are enough ambassadors that surely most of us could be in there part of the time.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

this post above is in the wrong thread I think.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

No, it's right. And the idea is we actually are voting on a starting time, and it will just go until everyone leaves for the night. We also plan on keeping this thread for a "companion" thread. The idea is when someone goes into the chatzy (assuming we stick with that platform) they can post in the thread here at the same time so that people who are on the site can see that as well and may join them. So even if it's not the "official" hang out time, people can still congregate there whenever.

Also, yes to the jeopardy comment! :) Or if people decide they want to do a quick real time mafia game, they can use that too. Whatever.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Spacedaisy wrote:No, it's right. And the idea is we actually are voting on a starting time, and it will just go until everyone leaves for the night. We also plan on keeping this thread for a "companion" thread. The idea is when someone goes into the chatzy (assuming we stick with that platform) they can post in the thread here at the same time so that people who are on the site can see that as well and may join them. So even if it's not the "official" hang out time, people can still congregate there whenever.

Also, yes to the jeopardy comment! :) Or if people decide they want to do a quick real time mafia game, they can use that too. Whatever.
I nightkill MP.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)

Post by Ricochet »

Sunday and Wednesday are technically the only nights when I should go to be early, any other day would be fine. Anytime between 3 and 7pm EST I could manage.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Good Idea :)
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Friday night works great for me... I would be able to come sometimes, much more often than other days.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Psittaciform wrote:Just wondering, what is chatzy, and why that over any other program/service that could be used for this?
Chatzy is an online chatroom service; it's pretty straightforward. For as long as I can remember playing mafia it often was used for mafia (and civilian, if they exist) chatrooms, although recently sometimes we've been using on-site threads instead.

Familiarity, really, and I think people really like it because it has the real time chat feel. Not sure if any other program/service would be preferable, but if you or anyone else has any suggestions, I'm all ears at least!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Looks like Friday is the clear winner so far. I'm curious what works well for others too, but I'd be fine with that. Like Daisy said, we could always start it around 3:00PM EST and just run it until 11:00PM EST or have no unofficial ending time, just until everyone clears out for the night.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Keep those votes coming, folks! I've put mine on "Other" because I'm just going to go with whatever you all pick. :P
Psittaciform

Post by Psittaciform »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Psittaciform wrote:Just wondering, what is chatzy, and why that over any other program/service that could be used for this?
Chatzy is an online chatroom service; it's pretty straightforward. For as long as I can remember playing mafia it often was used for mafia (and civilian, if they exist) chatrooms, although recently sometimes we've been using on-site threads instead.

Familiarity, really, and I think people really like it because it has the real time chat feel. Not sure if any other program/service would be preferable, but if you or anyone else has any suggestions, I'm all ears at least!
Interesting.

I see. The question is, would this just be used for scheduled meetups for chatting (as I understand from what you said), or is it intended to be a permanent chat center? If the latter, I'd suggest Discord. Despite it being branded as for gaming, I've used it, and it's a nice program for dedicated chat servers.
Marmot
Marmot
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I voted Friday and late because I'm already a few hours behind the rest of you anyway.

I'm very used to Chatzy myself, but I wouldn't mind moving to a different service. I'm not really a fan of chatzy.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Psittaciform wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Interesting.

I see. The question is, would this just be used for scheduled meetups for chatting (as I understand from what you said), or is it intended to be a permanent chat center? If the latter, I'd suggest Discord. Despite it being branded as for gaming, I've used it, and it's a nice program for dedicated chat servers.
Thanks, we'll check into discord and see how it might do for us. :)
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

What about embedding a chat into the board index page, like RM had? Idk if you can implement that on here easily but just a thought
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

nutella wrote:What about embedding a chat into the board index page, like RM had? Idk if you can implement that on here easily but just a thought
I personally like that more.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

nutella wrote:What about embedding a chat into the board index page, like RM had? Idk if you can implement that on here easily but just a thought
That was Chatango, not Chatzy. Chatzy can't be embedded, and Chatango has other issues.

I think at this stage, we were just going to experiment with an off site chatroom and see what kind of response that gets. If we get lots of people we will look at more complex options. If 3 people show up, not so much :haha:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)

Post by DharmaHelper »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Hello, folks!

Daisy and I have been talking about setting up an official Syndicate chatzy for site members to talk whenever. It will happen.

More importantly, we'd also like to arrange a weekly time, during which we have an 'official' weekly chat, just for everyone to get together and talk OT. I think this will be a good way for the community to interact even further outside of just a mafia setting.

I'd like to get everyone's opinion on when they'd most like the 'official' weekly time to start; note that we'll keep the chatzy link available so people can pop in and out any time other than that too.

All feedback is welcome and appreciated!
I'm gonna PM you.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Voted Tuesday but any random weekday works. Weekend might work too but will depend if I'm going out or not.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Any other opinions on this? If not, we'll at least start with a chatzy and make the official time Fridays. Based on demand, we'll look into upgrading it into something better.
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

I am pretty free any day any time, if I'm not it's because something came up that i didn't know about. I would suggest something like a free IRC server, but I'm not sure if people want to get into that.
bea
Racketeer
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

this is a great idea! Sadly - no one ever seems to be around when I am. :( :pout:

Still, once there is a link - I will try to stop by when I can.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!

Return to “Welcome to the Family”