Syndicate Chatzy

Are you new to The Syndicate's mafia crime family? If so, introduce yourself here! For all Syndicateers, this is the place to get to know your fellow family members.

Moderator: Community Team

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Syndicate Chatzy

Post by speedchuck »

juliets wrote:nutella, would you mod me in the discord app please? Thank you. Once you do that I think I will ask the chatzy regulars to try it out on Friday to see what they think.
I would like to be PM'd a link to the discord.
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 71
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

speedchuck wrote:
juliets wrote:nutella, would you mod me in the discord app please? Thank you. Once you do that I think I will ask the chatzy regulars to try it out on Friday to see what they think.
Done!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

juliets wrote:
speedchuck wrote:
Done!
Thanks! I'll hop on tonight when I get home, and can do that.

I hope it hasn't expired by then. XD
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 9

Post by nutella »

The link posted in this thread is a permanent link, I chose the kind that doesn't expire :D

(At least it should be permanent. if it doesn't work let me know)
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Yes speedchuck I sent you the permanent link.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Nice, it works.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 6

Post by thellama73 »

I'd like to voice my resounding dislike for Discord and preference that we stop constantly changing to new things. Chatty works fine. It is easy. It is colorful. Let's stick with it.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I can't figure out how to do anything, so :shrug:

I've been sitting in front of a blank screen for 20 minutes unable to find the chat.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Quin wrote:I can't figure out how to do anything, so :shrug:

I've been sitting in front of a blank screen for 20 minutes unable to find the chat.
I did the exact same thing. When I finally figured out how to get in, I rage posted and immediately left.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 9

Post by nutella »

Not sure why you guys had those issues, I just started using it recently and found it pretty intuitive. I can understand being resistant to change/learning a new program though. So I understand if this doesn't really catch on, but it really is a lot better than chatzy for several reasons.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I probably won't join the Chatzy, honestly. But I'm on Discord pretty often.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Ricochet »

thellama73 wrote:I'd like to voice my resounding dislike for Discord and preference that we stop constantly changing to new things. Chatty works fine. It is easy. It is colorful. Let's stick with it.
I endorse Discord unconditionally and without even having tested it, since it seems to have the potential of providing a llama-free environment.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

nutella wrote:Not sure why you guys had those issues, I just started using it recently and found it pretty intuitive. I can understand being resistant to change/learning a new program though. So I understand if this doesn't really catch on, but it really is a lot better than chatzy for several reasons.
They're reactionary luddites, my dear.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

nutella wrote:Not sure why you guys had those issues, I just started using it recently and found it pretty intuitive. I can understand being resistant to change/learning a new program though. So I understand if this doesn't really catch on, but it really is a lot better than chatzy for several reasons.
They had those issues because somehow I gave them the wrong link. Once they used the right link it was fine.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

juliets wrote:
They had those issues because somehow I gave them the wrong link. Once they used the right link it was fine.
I think this would happen if you gave them the wrong chatty link too.

Llama, come discord with us!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:I'd like to voice my resounding dislike for Discord and preference that we stop constantly changing to new things. Chatty works fine. It is easy. It is colorful. Let's stick with it.
It works fine, sure, but you can't fit ten people in a room.

A learning curve is the price we would have to pay to increase that number drastically.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

April 7th - Ok everybody, it's Friday again. What's new this week? How did Rico's concert go? What's the deal with this new discord? Come and see what all the fuss is about! I will be in both Chatzy and Discord today, come to whichever you want or both. llama, I am saving green for you in discord so come back and see if you like it better. The discord link is https://discord.gg/xhTSuW5 and the chatzy link is here Join us!.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Marmot wrote:

A learning curve is the price we would have to pay to increase that number drastically.
Have you ever been in a chat room where ten people are talking at once? It's unreadable. Why would you want even more people in there to make it even harder to read?

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

You can be in a chat room without constantly talking. :P

Also, Discord allows people to split off into other conversations. Topical conversations can be made in the chats, and PMs can be sent at any time, even with unpaid users. For those who like this sort of thing, voice chat is available, and it is the best voice chat program I have come across.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

speedchuck wrote:You can be in a chat room without constantly talking. :P

Also, Discord allows people to split off into other conversations. Topical conversations can be made in the chats, and PMs can be sent at any time, even with unpaid users. For those who like this sort of thing, voice chat is available, and it is the best voice chat program I have come across.
None of those things are important to me. I don't want side conversations. If I want to PM users, I can do it through the Syndicate. I've no interest in voice chat. Keep selling.

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

thellama73 wrote:

None of those things are important to me. I don't want side conversations. If I want to PM users, I can do it through the Syndicate. I've no interest in voice chat. Keep selling.
I mean, I don't work for Discord. If you don't want what it offers, and are attached to Chatzy for some reason, that's your prerogative.

I personally don't like the PM system on this forum. No offense to the forum. It works well for sending messages, but I don't like the way it catalogues conversations.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

speedchuck wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

I mean, I don't work for Discord. If you don't want what it offers, and are attached to Chatzy for some reason, that's your prerogative.

I personally don't like the PM system on this forum. No offense to the forum. It works well for sending messages, but I don't like the way it catalogues conversations.
Just out of curiosity, what do you mean by cataloguing conversations? I've never seen our pm system group conversations but I'm not sure thats what you mean.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

juliets wrote:
speedchuck wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

Just out of curiosity, what do you mean by cataloguing conversations? I've never seen our pm system group conversations but I'm not sure thats what you mean.
I don't like the way it displays previous messages in the reply chain. It feels cluttered. I've also accidentally replied to myself more than once by replying to the most recent message. Which was from me. PM's work better when they either act as individual messaged, or like a thread unto themselves.

It mostly has to do with what I'm used to for PMs... which is using quicktopic.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

speedchuck wrote:
juliets wrote:
speedchuck wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

I don't like the way it displays previous messages in the reply chain. It feels cluttered. I've also accidentally replied to myself more than once by replying to the most recent message. Which was from me. PM's work better when they either act as individual messaged, or like a thread unto themselves.

It mostly has to do with what I'm used to for PMs... which is using quicktopic.
Oh I know what you mean, yeah that can be annoying. The thing about quick topic is there is no way I can see to quote so it might not be clear what you are replying to.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Bringing this forward -

April 7th - Ok everybody, it's Friday again. What's new this week? How did Rico's concert go? What's the deal with this new discord? Come and see what all the fuss is about! I will be in both Chatzy and Discord today, come to whichever you want or both. llama, I am saving green for you in discord so come back and see if you like it better. The discord link is https://discord.gg/xhTSuW5 and the chatzy link is here Join us!.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Ricochet »

Extra chatzy or err Discord! I crashed out dead tired yesterday, so I have to make up for it. Otherwise, as usual, even if it's not Friday, AP and I will still be basking in our loneliness today and tomorrow, so in case you have time and want to chat some more, drop by anytime. Discord link here. Chatzy is fine too, here, but you'll probably only find llama in there.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:
Marmot wrote:

Have you ever been in a chat room where ten people are talking at once? It's unreadable. Why would you want even more people in there to make it even harder to read?
It's not that I want more people in the chatroom. I do prefer smaller numbers.

But I wouldn't want to exclude someone because our chatroom won't fit them in.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Since discord has come about some of us keep it up in the background while we are on other web pages. Come by if you are around and see who's there. I'm traveling in the next two days so won't be around as much but others will be. Discord is here.

Just fyi, you can open this in a window or you can download the app. What I've noticed different about the app is I get visual cues when someone posts and I'm in another window and the voice chat can be activated in the app. There's probably more differences but thats just what I've noticed.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

April 14th - Hello everyone, it's Friday again and time to join discord here and chat with your friends. We used to start Friday chat at 3:00 but these days we are in there most of the time so come by any time and say hello and catch up on what's going on. If you want to talk to llama go to the Chatzy link here. He probably won't be there until a little later today.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Epignosis »

For the skeptics, discord > chatzy.

Best thing about it is you can read back without the screen jumping on you whenever someone posts. And it shows where the last post you read from was, so you can go away for a bit and know right where you should start reading again. Smart.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Plus you get to see when Epi is watching porn.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Epignosis »

Quin wrote:Plus you get to see when Epi is making porn.
Fixed. :workit:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:For the skeptics, discord > chatzy.

Best thing about it is you can read back without the screen jumping on you whenever someone posts. And it shows where the last post you read from was, so you can go away for a bit and know right where you should start reading again. Smart.
That is the first actual improvement anyone has mentioned. Thank you, Epi.

Return to “Welcome to the Family”