Syndicate Chatzy

Are you new to The Syndicate's mafia crime family? If so, introduce yourself here! For all Syndicateers, this is the place to get to know your fellow family members.

Moderator: Community Team

Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 16

Re: Syndicate Chatzy

Post by Ricochet »

juliets wrote:Time for chatzy! What have you been doing this week? Whats new in your world or the world? Did Rico burn any trash cans in his protest march? Come chat! Chatzy starts at 3:00 pm est today and goes until everyone is exhausted! Please come by and say hello and join in the chat. I'll be late so Rico's in charge!
join us!
Not if I'll be out there again and get home after 4pm-ish (EST). :shrug2:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 6

Post by S~V~S »

I will try this week. Have to get back into the swing of things.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 71
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

S~V~S come to the chatzy and talk to me and rico! Everyone else is taking a break.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

If anyone wants to combine watching the Superb Owl with beer and with snacks and with typing words in a chatboard, all the same time, you know where to find me (and A Person).
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ricochet wrote:If anyone wants to combine watching the Superb Owl with beer and with snacks and with typing words in a chatboard, all the same time, you know where to find me (and A Person).
You didn't stay very long - I came in right after this and you were gone!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

juliets wrote:
Ricochet wrote:If anyone wants to combine watching the Superb Owl with beer and with snacks and with typing words in a chatboard, all the same time, you know where to find me (and A Person).
You didn't stay very long - I came in right after this and you were gone!
I don't recall when I logged off, but it was sometime after 7pm (EST) and I fell asleep twice afterwards, anyway. First time I woke back up to Lady Gaga, second time I woke up to 20-28. The rest was history.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Time for chatzy! What have you been doing this week? Whats new in your world or the world? Is sprityo's game ever going to get that last player? Come chat! Chatzy starts at 3:00 pm est today and goes until everyone is exhausted! Please come by and say hello and join in the chat.
join us!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

February 17th - Time for chatzy! What have you been doing this week? Whats new in your world or the world? Will Rico bring us a video of him playing the piano or is he too busy still protesting? Come chat! Chatzy starts at 3:00 pm est today (though some of us are usually there earlier than 3:00) and goes until everyone is exhausted! Please come by and say hello and join in the chat.
join us!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

If there is enough interest we might play Jeopardy tonight in the chatzy but if people would rather just talk we'll do that. Come by either way, especially you new people! Here's the link again -
join us!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

juliets wrote:February 24th - Time for chatzy! What have you been doing this week? Whats new in your world or the world? Will Rico bring us a video of him playing the piano or is he too busy making other videos where he talks (because we love to hear him talk)? Come chat! Chatzy starts at 3:00 pm est today (though some of us are usually there earlier than 3:00) and goes until everyone is exhausted! Please come by and say hello and join in the chat.
join us!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Reminder!
juliets wrote:February 24th - Time for chatzy! What have you been doing this week? Whats new in your world or the world? Will Rico bring us a video of him playing the piano or is he too busy making other videos where he talks (because we love to hear him talk)? Come chat! Chatzy starts at 3:00 pm est today (though some of us are usually there earlier than 3:00) and goes until everyone is exhausted! Please come by and say hello and join in the chat.
join us!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

March 3rd - Time for chatzy! What have you been doing this week? Whats new in your world or the world? Why was the site down all night and morning? Come chat! Chatzy starts at 3:00 pm est today (though some of us are usually there earlier than 3:00) and goes until everyone is exhausted! Please come by and say hello and join in the chat.
join us!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

March 10th - Time for chatzy! What have you been doing this week? Whats new in your world or the world? Did you see the Socky Awards? Why is Rico going to see Kong? Are you playing Quin's Chinese Food game? Come chat! Chatzy starts at 3:00 pm est today and goes until everyone is exhausted! Please come by and say hello and join in the chat.
join us!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

March 17th - Time for chatzy! What have you been doing this week? Whats new in your world or the world? Did you hear about the GOC thread? Are you playing the cross-over game? Are you playing Quin's Chinese Food game? Come chat! Chatzy starts at 3:00 pm est today and goes until everyone is exhausted! Please come by and say hello and join in the chat.
join us!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Extra chatzy! Even if it's not Friday, AP and I will be basking in our loneliness during the weekend, so in case you have time and want to hang around, join us anytime. Link as always here!
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

March 24th - Time for chatzy! What have you been doing this week? Whats new in your world? Are you playing Quin's Chinese Food game? Come chat! Chatzy starts at 3:00 pm edt today but some of us will be there earlier. At 5:30 pm EDT several of us will be playing Quin's burglary game. If you haven't signed up go do so! If you can't sign up come to the chatzy which will be the spectator thread. Those of us who are playing won't be able to go into the chatzy after 5:30 until we are out of the game. See you there!
join us!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Extra chatzy! Even if it's not Friday, AP and I will still be basking in our loneliness today and tomorrow, so in case you have time and want to chat some more, drop by anytime. Has Quin made the most out of his weekend and watched BTTF? Is having pizza a fundamental human right or a social construct? Who knows, let's find out. Link as always here!
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 9

Post by nutella »

Would anyone be interested in setting up a Discord server for the syndicate community? Don't know if any of you guys have used it but it's a really really good (and free) app that's like a combination of IRC and Skype (meaning we could have text chat channels as well as voice chat if people want). I don't mean to detract from chatzy if you're used to it and wish to keep using it, but in all honesty chatzy kinda sucks lol. I think discord would be an improvement (or just a fun alternative) if enough people are interested.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Spacedaisy »

I'm open to change. Especially since we discovered only ten people can be in the chat at a time.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

If it's easy to get onto (unlike irc) I would be up for it. A lot of people didn't use irc because it was such a pain to set up but if this is an easy alternative I think it's worth doing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

March 31st - Time for chatzy! What have you been doing this week? Whats new in your world? Does anyone know how Rico's trip is going? Come chat! Chatzy starts at 3:00 pm edt today but some of us will be there earlier. See you there! Join us!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

juliets wrote:If it's easy to get onto (unlike irc) I would be up for it. A lot of people didn't use irc because it was such a pain to set up but if this is an easy alternative I think it's worth doing.
It's so easy. I downloaded the program, set up my account, and joined my friends' chat server all in under five minutes. And I think you can use it in-browser as well.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

In browser would be better. You have to have an account?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

nutella wrote:Would anyone be interested in setting up a Discord server for the syndicate community? Don't know if any of you guys have used it but it's a really really good (and free) app that's like a combination of IRC and Skype (meaning we could have text chat channels as well as voice chat if people want). I don't mean to detract from chatzy if you're used to it and wish to keep using it, but in all honesty chatzy kinda sucks lol. I think discord would be an improvement (or just a fun alternative) if enough people are interested.
I would be in.

I already have a discord. I recommend the App to literally anyone with friends.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

"Syndicate Discord. Every Friday Night"

:shifty:

Only if it works on PC, tho.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Yes, if we do it let's just replace the Friday (well it has really become weekend) chatzy with discord.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I've heard of discord but never used it. It will mean people will have to download if we go that route.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

No, you can just log in from browser. If you want to use it on phone or tab, you will have to download. I looked into it today.

Main drawback is you need an account, but that isn't that big of a deal.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I'm up for a move, though I've got no idea what discord is like. A 10 people maximum isn't enough.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

S~V~S wrote:No, you can just log in from browser. If you want to use it on phone or tab, you will have to download. I looked into it today.

Main drawback is you need an account, but that isn't that big of a deal.
Oh, then I say let's do it! Do I need to get a Tech person to set something up?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Yeah send one in to wade through the tech set up stuff and figure out what we need to do and depending on how easy it is to set up multiple rooms it might be a good platform for BTS too?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Someone just let me know what I need to do.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Discord is nice, easy, and secure

it allows for customization via bots and commands, private rooms, multiple voice and text channels. i know Mafia Universe uses theirs for micro games sometimes
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Ok I started a server, here's the invite link https://discord.gg/xhTSuW5

I don't know much about how it works but once more people get on we can figure out stuff like modding and channel organization.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I think Daisy was having our tech people deal with it, but I could be wrong.

Soif you already did it,less work for them :D
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I went to the link and played around a bit. Didn't have time to see how to get mod powers though. I'll play with it some more tomorrow. Maybe on Friday I can have the regulars try it out and see how they like it.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

juliets wrote:I went to the link and played around a bit. Didn't have time to see how to get mod powers though. I'll play with it some more tomorrow. Maybe on Friday I can have the regulars try it out and see how they like it.
You'll need the admin to grant you administrative powers, or transfer ownership
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Yeah I can transfer ownership if you want it jules, and/or mod people
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 1

Post by A Person »

You don't need to be owner for that kind of thing, just a mod.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

nutella, would you mod me in the discord app please? Thank you. Once you do that I think I will ask the chatzy regulars to try it out on Friday to see what they think.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

juliets wrote:nutella, would you mod me in the discord app please? Thank you. Once you do that I think I will ask the chatzy regulars to try it out on Friday to see what they think.
I would like to be PM'd a link to the discord.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

speedchuck wrote:
juliets wrote:nutella, would you mod me in the discord app please? Thank you. Once you do that I think I will ask the chatzy regulars to try it out on Friday to see what they think.
Done!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

juliets wrote:
speedchuck wrote:
Done!
Thanks! I'll hop on tonight when I get home, and can do that.

I hope it hasn't expired by then. XD
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

The link posted in this thread is a permanent link, I chose the kind that doesn't expire :D

(At least it should be permanent. if it doesn't work let me know)
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Yes speedchuck I sent you the permanent link.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Nice, it works.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I'd like to voice my resounding dislike for Discord and preference that we stop constantly changing to new things. Chatty works fine. It is easy. It is colorful. Let's stick with it.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I can't figure out how to do anything, so :shrug:

I've been sitting in front of a blank screen for 20 minutes unable to find the chat.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Quin wrote:I can't figure out how to do anything, so :shrug:

I've been sitting in front of a blank screen for 20 minutes unable to find the chat.
I did the exact same thing. When I finally figured out how to get in, I rage posted and immediately left.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Not sure why you guys had those issues, I just started using it recently and found it pretty intuitive. I can understand being resistant to change/learning a new program though. So I understand if this doesn't really catch on, but it really is a lot better than chatzy for several reasons.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Welcome to the Family”