Interrogation Room - alexa

Are you new to The Syndicate's mafia crime family? If so, introduce yourself here! For all Syndicateers, this is the place to get to know your fellow family members.

Moderator: Community Team

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 50
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Re: Interrogation Room - Kylemii

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:16 pmwhat's the best cheese?
this non-dairy pepper jack cheese I found at my local natural food market <3
how is your cat doing?
he says he's good. he wants me to ask you how you're doing as well?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:59 pmKylemii, how do you feel a sandwich is best defined?
i think the beauty of sandwiches is that their true definition cannot be perceived by more mortals such as you and i.
S~V~S wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:25 pmKyle, Seattle is my favorite city in the US; I used to spend a fair amount of time there in the 90's and early oo's. Tell me something I probably don't know about in Seattle.
hmmm this is tough since you've been here before...

did you know that at some point the whole city burned down (back when buildings were all made out of very flammable wood for some reason) and instead of rebuilding it they just built on top of it? there's a whole extra city underneath Seattle that's just like.... empty. They use it for tours mostly.

did you know Seattle has a legit real life vigilante vigilante super
hero
? and it's just like.... a regular thing that people are used to.

I gave you two in the hopes that at least one of them is new information... If you already knew both then I apologise and I will try harder.
Marmot wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:29 pmWhat's your favorite city in Oregon?
Well.... I can only name like... 3 Oregonian cities.... Portland is great, if I couldn't live here I'd want to live there.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 74

Post by S~V~S »

No need to try harder; Very awesome! I knew there was a city under the city, I went on a friend guided partial tour once that started in an underground bazaar. BUT I did not know about the fire being the reason why, and I had no idea about the vigilante super hero at all!

I really love Seattle, but I will say it had the worst traffic i ever encountered (and coming from the home of the Long Island Expressway, Worlds Biggest Parking Lot, that's saying a lot). It took like an hour once to get from a hotel less than a mile away to the old Kingdome.

Has the traffic gotten better, or is it still hell?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:12 pm No need to try harder; Very awesome! I knew there was a city under the city, I went on a friend guided partial tour once that started in an underground bazaar. BUT I did not know about the fire being the reason why, and I had no idea about the vigilante super hero at all!

I really love Seattle, but I will say it had the worst traffic i ever encountered (and coming from the home of the Long Island Expressway, Worlds Biggest Parking Lot, that's saying a lot). It took like an hour once to get from a hotel less than a mile away to the old Kingdome.

Has the traffic gotten better, or is it still hell?
this is tough for me to answer because i didn't start driving til 2010 and I don't actually go into Seattle that often.

From my experience Seattle traffic isn't that bad unless it's rush hour or the Seahawks are playing in which case it's better not to drive at all. One time I left my sister's place around the end of a football game and ended up waiting in traffic for like... 2.5 hours.

Parking is not great, which is basically expected of any big city. A lot of the time it's just easier to bus in, or take the train, if you're just hanging out during the day.

There's also been a lot of changes in public transportation over the last 20 years so that might also be a factor? but I can't say for sure.

In general I know Seattle drivers tend to be much more polite and reasonable than in other places, and I know that tends to drive more aggressive drivers from other states crazy, even though they're in the wrong.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 470

Post by dunya »

ColinIsCool Interrogation

For the next interrogation, I'd like to welcome our new member, and RYM Mafia's very own veteran, ColinIsCool to the interrogation seat!

I remember when RYM mafia was just taking off and we were all new to the game, learning as we went along...and along came Colin. The guy who had several years experience, showing off and all that (just kidding)-- and boy did he help us learn new things and change some things and introduced us to some cool new concepts.

Outside of Mafia, he's one of the chillest dudes out there and I can't wait to learn more about him with ya'll. Be warned, the guy interrogates people for a living (or will do) so let's put on our very best interrogation faces.

[mention]ColinIsCool[/mention], to get things started: tell me 2 places you've lived, including where you're from originally and what you love/hate the most about each.

Hey RYMers, get in on this questioning. Now's your chance!
[mention]Kites[/mention]
[mention]rundontwalk[/mention]
[mention]gwilikers6[/mention]
[mention]Iron_Dwarf[/mention]
[mention]MacDougall[/mention]
[mention]Sloonei[/mention]
[mention]Kenway[/mention]
[mention]Marmot[/mention] (you're an RYMer too right? :grin: )
Last edited by dunya on Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 16

Re: Interrogation Room - ColinIsCool

Post by MacDougall »

Are you single?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Are you drunk right now?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

If you had to choose only one activity you could do for the rest of your life: would it be listening to music or watching TV/movies?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]ColinIsCool[/mention] are you cool, as your name implies?

is your real name colin?
Iron_Dwarf
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Iron_Dwarf »

[mention]ColinIsCool[/mention] If you could have dinner with any 5 persons living or dead, who would they be?
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 29

Post by ColinIsCool »

dunya wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:39 am
ColinIsCool Interrogation
@ColinIsCool, to get things started: tell me 2 places you've lived, including where you're from originally and what you love/hate the most about each
I've lived in pretty much the same area my whole life sort of near Buffalo, New York, but I did study abroad for a spell in London. For my hometown, I like the peace and quiet and the summers are really nice, but I am pretty far away from anything. For London, I loved being in the center of all that culture (not to mention that many great pubs) but it was expensive.
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:41 am
Yep, if you've got any cute friends let me know.
dunya wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:41 am Are you drunk right now?
No, I haven't been good and drunk in a minute ... maybe a week or so actually. It's 10 a.m. but I might go on an out of town bender this weekend, because that's healthy!
dunya wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:46 am If you had to choose only one activity you could do for the rest of your life: would it be listening to music or watching TV/movies?
Hmm. I think I would have to choose music, it's much more elemental for me, you know? Like it's hard to imagine what my life would look like without it and it serves a different function for me personally and socially and both are important. I love film and TV, almost minored in film in college, but I think books are a lot closer to film than they are to music as far as comparable experiences go so it would be missed a little less. Music is an easier hobby to be into too.
Kylemii wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:18 am [mention]ColinIsCool[/mention] are you cool, as your name implies?

is your real name colin?
I used to be cool, but I've changed, man. The username was thought of in .1 seconds by me in 8th grade when I signed up for RYM and it's kind of funny so I keep it there. It is my name!
Iron_Dwarf wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:22 am [mention]ColinIsCool[/mention] If you could have dinner with any 5 persons living or dead, who would they be?
I realized when asking this question earlier I had no idea how I would answer, but let me try...

Bruce Springsteen, I'm a huge fan and he is a brilliant storyteller so he would probably be in there.
Quincy Jones, because those profiles that were put out a few weeks ago about him demonstrate that he has the craziest life.
Larry David, because anyone who has seen Curb Your Enthusiasm knows he's a professional dinner guest and would offer up something funny if the conversation goes dry (or if there's anything extremely minor to complain about).
Ol' Dirty Bastard, because I get to resurrect people and I think he'd be great to talk to.
And I guess the Zodiac Killer so that I can turn him in and go down as the greatest scumhunter in the history of the world.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[mention]ColinIsCool[/mention], if you could interview one president (living or dead) who would it be or why?

what made you major in journalism?

do you care for sports at all?
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

dunya wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:25 pm @ColinIsCool, if you could interview one president (living or dead) who would it be or why?

what made you major in journalism?

do you care for sports at all?
1) That's a tough one. There are some who I think would be the most interesting to talk to — both Roosevelts, LBJ come to mind. But I wouldn't be very equipped to do any of those having been alive until the 90s. I'd love to see someone really hold Trump's feet to the fire but sitting through that would kill my brain cells. All things considered I think I'd have to go with Obama because I think the conversation would be interesting and there are some issues where I think he should be made to answer more than he has. Even better if it's off-the-record and we can talk about his successor.

2) I wanted to be Lester Bangs really badly when I was 13, hence why I used to be a much more prolific RYM reviewer. Then I realized that writing about music is hard and I didn't want something I enjoyed that much to become a burden in my life. Then I sort of felt like I was going in a general professional writing direction but I liked the program enough to stay in it even as I became certain that being a reporter kinda sucked. Being a copy editor would be kind of sweet but those jobs are hard to break in to and growing scarcer by the day.

3) I never played sports in school or otherwise but I follow the NFL pretty closely. Sadly, I am a Buffalo Bills fan, but they could be contenders in a few years if all goes well. But considering that they've won one playoff game in the entire time that I've been alive and lost four consecutive Super Bowls beforehand ... we're used to things not going well around here.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[mention]ColinIsCool[/mention], I'm not American, but I love Obama. Do you think he was a cool person or a good president? The two don't necessarily have to collide.

Haha, I think there's a few people in the same boat as you here when it comes to supporting losing NFL teams - hey [mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention], wanna tell Colin about the Bengals? :p

Colin, which genre of music is your thing and which genre really isn't? I'd like to challenge that by giving you some songs from your least favorite genre :D
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I campaigned for Bernie in 2016 a little so that's where my politics lay. I really liked Obama when he was president, I think he's a thoughtful and intelligent leader, although I wish he had been more forceful in his first term and on some issues all around. I think he ran as a progressive but governed mostly from trying to establish a left-leaning center and so he's more corporate than I would prefer, more of a hawk military-wise than I had hoped too. I think history will show that his biggest mistake was putting his support behind Hillary Clinton instead of Joe Biden, but who knows how we'll feel in 20 years. Overall I think he was a good president but had the potential to be, and do, much more. On the "cool person" front, he has great taste in music and oozes charisma, and he's an uncommonly good writer, so yeah, I'll give him that.

When people ask me what I listen to I just say "indie," rock or pop, and it doesn't get much more complex than that. I like really hooky stuff but also artists with really dense lyrics like Los Campesinos! or Modest Mouse. As far as a least favorite genre ... most metal isn't my thing, although I love Sunbather, so yeah, I'm that guy. I don't really want to say hip-hop because there are plenty of rap songs I love but I've learned with time that I just don't have the attention span for most full albums in the genre unless they do something outstanding. Mainstream country radio, contemporary pop country, whatever you want to call it, definitely not my thing, but gothic country and sometimes the older stuff (aka Johnny Cash) is fun. I don't think there are any genres that I outright hate, it's just a matter of finding the right artist a lot of the time.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 101
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:47 pmhey JaggedJimmyJay, wanna tell Colin about the Bengals? :p
The Bengals are shite, but the end of the year was fun. The Bengals put Colin's Bills in the playoffs and ended their drought. I suffered through a 15-year playoff drought, so I know how it feels when it ends. :nicenod:
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Kenway
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Kenway »

You're a legend, you know that? Who are your favorite Mafia players from RYM?
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 99

Post by Spacedaisy »

[mention]ColinIsCool[/mention] What is one thing that I (someone who has never played a mafia game with you as yet) should know about you as a mafia player?

What's your favorite memory (non-mafia related)?

Most embarrassing moment you are willing to share?

Favorite color?

Favorite food?

Favorite season?

Last book you read?

Last movie you watched?

Did you like them? Why or why not?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
lapluie
Moon Child
Posts in topic: 24

Post by lapluie »

What genre of books intrigues you most?
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:54 pm
dunya wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:47 pmhey JaggedJimmyJay, wanna tell Colin about the Bengals? :p
The Bengals are shite, but the end of the year was fun. The Bengals put Colin's Bills in the playoffs and ended their drought. I suffered through a 15-year playoff drought, so I know how it feels when it ends. :nicenod:
Andy Dalton is a Buffalo legend after that, he's more popular than our own quarterback. That play was probably the best moment in Bills history I've been alive to see and they weren't even playing!
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Kenway wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:11 am You're a legend, you know that? Who are your favorite Mafia players from RYM?
Yeah, not so sure about being a legend anymore, but thanks.
I really liked playing with all the people here actually, dunya and Mac and JJJ and RDW and everybody else, so it's fortunate that they're all here. Mungbean, Choutas, TheProf, ProFiction, Madluke, telephone_junkie. We had a lot of good people. dunya was probably the scariest, I think she had the biggest part to play (along with Mungbean) in seeing through my old Mortal Kombat gambit, so props to those two.
Spacedaisy wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:28 am [mention]ColinIsCool[/mention] 1) What is one thing that I (someone who has never played a mafia game with you as yet) should know about you as a mafia player?
I'm really not as good as people say, lol. My days of being an alpha cop are behind me ... but I'm working my way back up :feb:
What's your favorite memory (non-mafia related)?
There are a lot of things that come to mind, but the best day of my life (in some respects) was probably when I took a trip to see Bruce Springsteen (for the 4th time). The concert was incredible and it was a great time with my then-girlfriend.
Most embarrassing moment you are willing to share?
I got a girl's number at the bar last night and I'm so out of practice (and was so inebriated, and kind of cold) that I was literally shaking like a fool at one point in the conversation, it was the SMOOTHEST shit you've ever heard of.
Favorite color?
Blue
Favorite food?
I love a nice steak. Medium, but the rarer the better generally.
Favorite season?
You know, I always find myself appreciating spring more than I think I will. Something about the snow melting and the sun finally coming out — well, George Harrison was right, I suppose.
Last book you read?
Pinball, 1973 by Haruki Murakami. I'm a big Murakami fan and while the early novels weren't released in the U.S. for a long time because he didn't like them, I took to them (this book and its companion prequel, Hear the Wind Sing) quite a bit. They capture this really particular post-grad, early adulthood sort of malaise that I feel heavily these days.
Last movie you watched?
Nocturnal Animals, dir. Tom Ford. I didn't like his previous film (A Single Man) but this one really gripped me. The cast is all great and it was genuinely terrifying at some points. It's kind of like a David Lynch trip stripped down to the most primal parts. I think it got a polarizing reaction but I'm definitely in the "love it" camp.
lapluie wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:50 am What genre of books intrigues you most?
I'm a sucker for post-modern lit, whether it's the canon of Vonnegut, DeLillo, Heller (and so on) or relatively newer writers like Chabon and Foer (maybe that "new sincerity" label applies). But if by intrigue you mean what I'm most curious about, I love learning about philosophy (which is super broad, I know, my bad), I'm just not smart or patient enough to sort through most original texts unabridged though.
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Lunalee »

[mention]ColinIsCool[/mention] , do you have any pets? And if so, can you share pictures?
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 103
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey, [mention]ColinIsCool[/mention]! Welcome (again) to the site! :D

Here are some more music-related questions for you:
- Do you know how to play any musical instrument(s)? If so, which, and for how long have you known?
- If you could instantaneously learn any musical instrument (that you do not currently know how to play) without any effort, which one would it be and why?
- Favorite concert (or top 5 or whatever is easiest)?
- Favorite concert venue?
- Do you have any esoteric album recommendations that people should check out?
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Lunalee wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:41 am @ColinIsCool , do you have any pets? And if so, can you share pictures?
Yes, two dogs and we also have a parrot. I'll try to remember to get pictures later
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:46 am Hey, [mention]ColinIsCool[/mention]! Welcome (again) to the site! :D

Here are some more music-related questions for you:
- Do you know how to play any musical instrument(s)? If so, which, and for how long have you known?
- If you could instantaneously learn any musical instrument (that you do not currently know how to play) without any effort, which one would it be and why?
- Favorite concert (or top 5 or whatever is easiest)?
- Favorite concert venue?
- Do you have any esoteric album recommendations that people should check out?
I don't know any instruments, I've tried a few over the years but I didn't have the patience or aptitude for it at the time. I would probably choose to learn the guitar or piano since those are two I've tried before and I think they'd be fun once I got good enough.

The best concert I've been to has definitely been Bruce Springsteen on the second leg of the River tour in 2016, but I've been really fortunate to see some incredible shows. Modest Mouse was a big one for me and they played my favorite song which I never thought I'd see. Neutral Milk Hotel was a really surreal, great experience. I don't live in a place that allows me to see shows regularly enough to have a favorite venue, but the Town Ballroom in Buffalo is cool. I used to go to Ommegang Brewery in Cooperstown, NY for a while and that place was great too.

And for an esoteric album recommendation, hmm ... I have pretty "mainstream" taste but there's a few that come to mind. The soundtrack to Twin Peaks by Angelo Badalamenti is phenomenal, even if you haven't seen the show. I've been listening to Stars of the Lid's And Their Refinement of the Decline and it's an awesome album to just put on.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

do you drive Colin? if you do, what's the worst thing about driving?

what is your favorite means of transport?

if you could visit one country for free right now, which country would it be?
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

dunya wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:33 pm do you drive Colin? if you do, what's the worst thing about driving?

what is your favorite means of transport?

if you could visit one country for free right now, which country would it be?
Yeah, it's impossible to live where I do without having a car to get around. I'm not a great driver but the worst thing about driving is definitely other people who are undoubtedly much worse than I. Or having to clean my car off in the winter because 3 ft of snow has piled on it. Or when people don't turn their high beams off and they're coming from the opposite direction, or riding behind you. Getting pulled over sucks. I have realized typing this that there are a lot of bad things about driving!

I really like flying, tbh. It's peaceful and I usually pass out. Although nothing is more convenient (for most things) than driving yourself and being able to play music or podcasts, so I'll have to go with that, despite everything I just said above.

I'd love to see Iceland, I've heard really great things about it from many people who went. Going back to England would be a lot of fun. There's not too many places that I wouldn't be interested in visiting, tbh, so I could probably spin a globe, put my finger on it with my eyes shut and be satisfied.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

dude, I hear ya about driving. Shoveling snow off my car every morning before work is the single worst thing about winter hands down. JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz. take me somewhere with no snow kplsthx. also those assholes with high beams on! did I ever tell you the story when one of my lights went out so I drove with the high beams on for like 15km? people hated me. I was such an asshole till I arrived at the nearest gas station, but it was that or die because swedish highways are sooooo dark and everyone's driving like 130kmh.

do you have a beard?

what words does your parrot say?
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

If that happened to me I'd probably just throw in the towel, obviously the universe doesn't want me getting home that night. But you beat the universe, so kudos to you.

I have a beard on and off and can grow a pretty good one, but I prefer being clean shaven (or just after) and having a mustache by itself, tbh, I grow a pretty great mustache but then I look like a murderer so I don't do that too often.

The parrot doesn't say anything; he's a man of few words, or, I guess none.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

are you tall?

what color is your hair?

what's your horoscope? do you believe in those?

are you emotional or logical?

what's your myers-briggs?
Last edited by dunya on Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:01 pm I have a beard on and off and can grow a pretty good one, but I prefer being clean shaven (or just after) and having a mustache by itself, tbh, I grow a pretty great mustache but then I look like a murdererso I don't do that too often.

The parrot doesn't say anything; he's a man of few words, or, I guess none.
pics or gtfo tbh ;p
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I meant to ask emotional or logical, not illogical hahahaha :p typod that one
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

dunya wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:09 pm are you tall?

what color is your hair?

what's your horoscope? do you believe in those?

are you emotional or logical?

what's your myers-briggs?
I'm average height and have brown hair

I'm a Virgo. I don't put any stock into it whatsoever, but if people get something out of all that, more power to them.

Emotional or logical, tough to say. I think under pressure I begin as emotional but I always try to be logical and I never make decisions without a lot of thought, overthinking, actually. I think generally humans like to think they're rational but the best we can ever do is aspire toward rationality without ever fully getting there. Every person has bad beliefs that they don't have adequate support for, blind spots, but trying to figure them out is admirable.

INFP

And I've decided I would rather remain mysterious, so my scary mustache and all other pictures will go unseen for the time being. :feb:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I look like Halle Berry.

Who do you look like?

😏
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Like a really old Christopher Plummer. Like, even older than he looks right now.
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:48 pm Like a really old Christopher Plummer. Like, even older than he looks right now.
hot
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Re: Interrogation Room - Iron_Dwarf

Post by dunya »

Iron_Dwarf Interrogation

For the next interrogation, I'd like to welcome The Syndicate's new member, and RYM Mafia local, Iron_Dwarf to the interrogation seat!

Iron_Dwarf is one of our new crossover members, and also a European who suffers from your americanized EOD times with me :p

Hailing from The Netherlands, where people are chill and laid back and cool as hell, I know for a fact I_D is as interested in film as he is in music, so be sure to ask him all about that if you're curious.

[mention]Iron_Dwarf[/mention], to get things started: what's your greatest accomplishment till today?

What's the best dish from your cuisine?

Do you have any pets?

What's the first physical feature you notice in the opposite sex first?

Hey RYMers, get in on this questioning. Now's your chance!
@Kites
@rundontwalk
@gwilikers6
@ColinIsCool
@MacDougall
@Sloonei
@Kenway
@Marmot (you're an RYMer too right? :grin: )
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Iron_Dwarf, where does your username come from?
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 101
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Are you Bruenor Battlehammer?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Iron_Dwarf
Stool Pigeon

Post by Iron_Dwarf »

dunya wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:15 am Iron_Dwarf, to get things started: what's your greatest accomplishment till today?

What's the best dish from your cuisine?

Do you have any pets?

What's the first physical feature you notice in the opposite sex first?
Greatest accomplishment? That's a great way to start things off. :P

Because you mentioned my love for film, I'll just say that I wrote and directed a short film once which I produced myself, so I can at least say I made a movie. :)

Dutch cuisine is not that exquisite but I love hutspot. It's the delicate act of mashing potatoes, carrots and onions together with some butter.

I don't have pets and neither do I want to have any.

The face.
Iron_Dwarf
Stool Pigeon

Post by Iron_Dwarf »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:52 pm Iron_Dwarf, where does your username come from?
I was about 14 or 15 and had to create a username for the Age of Empires server. I just made it up and here we are 14 years later.
Iron_Dwarf
Stool Pigeon

Post by Iron_Dwarf »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:17 pm Are you Bruenor Battlehammer?
Had to look up who that was. I love D&D btw.
Kites
The Mark
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Kites »

I have a Dutch friend irl :D He is really short though, are you tall? cos I’ve heard Dutch people are tall

Uhh since you like movies what’s your favorite movie?

If you had to get a tattoo on your chest, what would it be?

Do you prefer cycling or driving?

Would you eat JJJ’s nutella cheese for $1000?
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

What's your favorite joke to tell?
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

hallo, ik ben lapluie & wie ben jij als persoon?
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 71
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Hi Iron_Dwarf, I don't know you at all so my questions are pretty simplistic -

Two of my bestest online friends are from the Netherlands - they are tall (as opposed to Kites friends)
What do you do for a living?
Instead of just listing your favorite movie please your top 5.
What movie that was popular or critically acclaimed did you think was lame?
Are you a better mafia or civilian? Why?
What are your interests outside mafia and movies?
Whats the best thing about being Dutch?

And welcome to the syndicate!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[mention]Iron_Dwarf[/mention] isn't seeing these questions! oops!

Here's another question I_D: what sports did you/do you watch? What's your team?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Iron_Dwarf wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:51 am Because you mentioned my love for film, I'll just say that I wrote and directed a short film once which I produced myself, so I can at least say I made a movie. :)

I don't have pets and neither do I want to have any.
ok, I have a billion follow up questions to these:

first; WHAT!????? what kind of film? is there any way we can see it? what's the story? what motivated you to do that? who was your inspiration? how long ago was this? :p

second question: [mention]Kylemii[/mention], the guy said he doesn't want pets. I think your job here is to convince him that he does. cos everyone wants a pet but you just may not know it yet :p
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

nah. people who don't want pets shouldn't force themselves to have them. It's a lot of responsibility if a person's not down to be responsible in the ways required it's just gonna result in an unhappy human and unhappy animal.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:07 pm nah. people who don't want pets shouldn't force themselves to have them. It's a lot of responsibility if a person's not down to be responsible in the ways required it's just gonna result in an unhappy human and unhappy animal.
do you sell pets for a living? :suspish:

/ nah i'm kidding, wise words from a wise man.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

dunya wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:21 pm
Kylemii wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:07 pm nah. people who don't want pets shouldn't force themselves to have them. It's a lot of responsibility if a person's not down to be responsible in the ways required it's just gonna result in an unhappy human and unhappy animal.
do you sell pets for a living? :suspish:

/ nah i'm kidding, wise words from a wise man.
yeah but I'm not paid on commission. :p
Iron_Dwarf
Stool Pigeon

Post by Iron_Dwarf »

Kites wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:50 pm I have a Dutch friend irl :D He is really short though, are you tall? cos I’ve heard Dutch people are tall

Uhh since you like movies what’s your favorite movie?

If you had to get a tattoo on your chest, what would it be?

Do you prefer cycling or driving?

Would you eat JJJ’s nutella cheese for $1000?
For Dutch standards I'm of quite normal height (185cm).

My favorite film of all time at the moment is A Woman Under the Influence, although Eyes Wide Shut is a close second.

I love mum obviously.

Cycling all the way/

Yes.

Return to “Welcome to the Family”