Interrogation Room - alexa

Are you new to The Syndicate's mafia crime family? If so, introduce yourself here! For all Syndicateers, this is the place to get to know your fellow family members.

Moderator: Community Team

JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 101
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Interrogation Room

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Glorfindel, do you believe in moral absolutes or is it all relative?
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 107

Post by G-Man »

You mention the Australia New Zealand Banking Group. Are you from Australia or New Zealand?

Have you been watching any of the Summer Olympics?

Tell me more about instructional design. What do you like and dislike about it?

What's your favorite book of all time?

What's your favorite movie of all time?
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Glorfindel »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Glorfindel, do you believe in moral absolutes or is it all relative?

Hi, 3J :bighug: If I understand your question correctly, I do believe that 'right' and 'wrong' are absolute and not relative. I think that a truly civilised society works to certain moral principles for its own welfare and advancement. Looking at that journey of advancement, I think we (the human race) have made good progress along that continuum over the last 100 years or so but we clearly have a very long way to go...
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

You mention the Australia New Zealand Banking Group. Are you from Australia or New Zealand?
I am an Aussie and a very proud one at that :)

Have you been watching any of the Summer Olympics?
Only the highlights on the 6:00 pm news and Kyle Chalmers gold medal swim.

Tell me more about instructional design. What do you like and dislike about it?
I like most everything about instructional design and dislike very little about it. In my work, it is exceptionally challenging as I am required to cater for an audience with high levels of diversity in terms of their age, experience and cultural background. I look upon the opportunity to support people in their professional lives through quality training programs and resource material as a huge privilege. Probably the thing I dislike most about it is having to deal with peers that can't grasp the level of complexity that this work often involves.

What's your favorite book of all time?
I'm not as prolific a reader as I'd like to be but this is a bit of a no brainer - Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien. I could go on about it here for a couple of months but I'll spare you that... :p

What's your favorite movie of all time?
I must've seen like a million movies and I think my favourite comes down to a choice of two. Titanic because (I think I can safely admit this here...) I remember when I saw it for the first time with a mate of mine. I was a complete mess by the end of the movie and when it was all over, I put in an Academy Award winning performance myself of trying to convince him that I was actually suffering from hay fever :haha: The other movie was Dead Poet's Society with Robin Williams. It spoke to me on a deep level in so many ways but mostly about the potential difference (to which we are nearly all always oblivious) every one of us can make in other's lives. Yes, even in our interactions in Mafia games... :nicenod:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 103
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Obligatory music questions:

Do you like listening to music?
If so, what are your favorite genres/bands or artists/albums/songs?
Have you ever / do you play a musical instrument?
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 21

Post by DFaraday »

What is your opinion of the Peter Jackson Middle-Earth films?

Are you sad Glorfindel was cut from said films?

Is it true that there are deadly creatures lurking around every corner in Australia?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

I agree with DFaraday's line of questioning- why is Australia such a tease? I mean, it looks gorgeous and inviting with its kangaroos, koalas, and the people, yet when you get there you are confronted by some of the world's most lethal creatures that want to kill you (spiders, scorpions, a tiny friggin' octopus, snakes, sharks, crocodiles, etc.). I want to visit but I don't want to die. What's the secret to surviving in Australia?
My Banners:
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Obligatory music questions:
Do you like listening to music?
Yes, I do. Very much so.

It might be easier to answer the question, "What music do I not like?" I like everything from country to classical. The only stuff I really don't like is Hip Hop, heavy metal and stuff like that. I LOVE songs from musicals (more recently Wicked and Evita) and looking at the artists I've been listening predominantly over the past couple of weeks it's been mostly Madonna, Oleta Adams and Whitney Houston.

Have you ever / do you play a musical instrument?
I own an expensive acoustic guitar but have little to no idea how to play it. I will get around to it one day. I've taken lessons but I fear I get frustrated far too easily but I WILL get there in the end... :D

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

What is your opinion of the Peter Jackson Middle-Earth films?
I think for what they were, they were very good. Excellent as a matter of fact (despite the fact I still believe Sean Astin was poorly cast as Samwise Gamgee). At the end of the day though, I don't think ANY movie is EVER going adequately represent one of the most amazing stories ever written.

Are you sad Glorfindel was cut from said films?
Glorfindel was not central to the storyline of the film so no, not remotely.

Is it true that there are deadly creatures lurking around every corner in Australia?
I was actually eating breakfast when I read your questions and was sadly drinking coffee at the time I read this question. It was all I could do to stop myself from spurting it out all over the place when I read this, I was laughing so hard... I don't know who it is that perpetrates this rubbish but no, I don't believe it's true at all. I can't say I've ever seen a snake outside of a zoo and I rather like spiders so I know the dangerous ones and it's probably been ten years since I've seen one of them. SERIOUSLY, don't believe this nonsense - Australia is no more dangerous than anywhere else (we don't have dirty great Grizzly Bears...)

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

G-Man wrote:I agree with DFaraday's line of questioning- why is Australia such a tease? I mean, it looks gorgeous and inviting with its kangaroos, koalas, and the people, yet when you get there you are confronted by some of the world's most lethal creatures that want to kill you (spiders, scorpions, a tiny friggin' octopus, snakes, sharks, crocodiles, etc.). I want to visit but I don't want to die. What's the secret to surviving in Australia?
That would be simple commonsense, G. Australia IS beautiful and the people are (largely) warm and accepting and very welcoming. I'm fairly certain you'd love Australia and I for one would be happy to lay down my life to protect you from any nasties you may encounter :haha:

DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Is it strange watching movies where Christmas is portrayed as snowy, given that Christmas happens during Australian summer?

You're a big Tolkien fan; what do you think of C.S. Lewis' work?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

I just want to thank G-Man again for inviting me to do this, I'm enjoying this far more than I thought I would :nicenod:

Is it strange watching movies where Christmas is portrayed as snowy, given that Christmas happens during Australian summer?
Not remotely. Even though I've lived here all my life, I still associate Christmas with snow and the cold and all those northern hemisphere stereotypes. Besides, Christmas in Australia is sheer hell, climate-wise. I love the cold and long to one day, experience a Christmas in a place like London :nicenod:

This is a tricky question. I struggle to compare the two. If you look at Lewis' work (e.g. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe) you get a bunch of talking animals and Santa Claus. I appreciate the religious undertones and themes in his works and that's all good. Comparing that to Lord of the Rings however is an entirely different thing. It seems to me that there is such eloquence and wisdom in LOTR - particularly as it pertains to the nature of good and evil - it's extraordinary. The breadth of imagination Tolkein used, the fact that he ignored accepted wisdom in how he structured the story - I think these are all factors that contribute to it being one of those rare books that when you pick it up, you get swept up in it. I hope that answers your question...

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Epignosis »

Glorfindel wrote:I just want to thank G-Man again for inviting me to do this, I'm enjoying this far more than I thought I would :nicenod:

Not remotely. Even though I've lived here all my life, I still associate Christmas with snow and the cold and all those northern hemisphere stereotypes. Besides, Christmas in Australia is sheer hell, climate-wise. I love the cold and long to one day, experience a Christmas in a place like London :nicenod:

This is a tricky question. I struggle to compare the two. If you look at Lewis' work (e.g. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe) you get a bunch of talking animals and Santa Claus. I appreciate the religious undertones and themes in his works and that's all good. Comparing that to Lord of the Rings however is an entirely different thing. It seems to me that there is such eloquence and wisdom in LOTR - particularly as it pertains to the nature of good and evil - it's extraordinary. The breadth of imagination Tolkein used, the fact that he ignored accepted wisdom in how he structured the story - I think these are all factors that contribute to it being one of those rare books that when you pick it up, you get swept up in it. I hope that answers your question...
C.S. Lewis was a far better nonfiction author, in my opinion. The Screwtape Letters can be fun though.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Epignosis wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:I just want to thank G-Man again for inviting me to do this, I'm enjoying this far more than I thought I would :nicenod:

C.S. Lewis was a far better nonfiction author, in my opinion. The Screwtape Letters can be fun though.
I can't say that I've ever heard that opinion expressed before Epi (but that may simply have to do with the circles in which I move). I appreciate your response though. I'm happy to consider any recommendations from you or anyone else for further reading :nicenod:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Glorfindel wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

I can't say that I've ever heard that opinion expressed before Epi (but that may simply have to do with the circles in which I move). I appreciate your response though. I'm happy to consider any recommendations from you or anyone else for further reading :nicenod:
A Grief Observed. Image
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Glorfindel wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Agreed with Epi. I would also recommend Mere Christianity, The Great Divorce, and The Four Loves.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Thanks Epi & DF - I shall add those to mr reading list. Much appreciated :)

G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

The Mad Max series of films is a product of Australia. What is your opinion on the films?

I love films, so I'd like your input- what are five must-see Australian films?

Is Foster's really Australian for beer or are there better options out there?

Any great Australian bands that I should be listening to?
My Banners:
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

OK, time for me to get controversial :haha:

The Mad Max series of films is a product of Australia. What is your opinion on the films?
Unadulterated rubbish. Sorry if there's any fans of them out there...

I love films, so I'd like your input- what are five must-see Australian films?
Can you please provide me with your definition of 'Australian films'? I love anything by Baz Luhrmann so if that satisfies your definition, just go with some of them.

Is Foster's really Australian for beer or are there better options out there?
I wouldn't know, I don't drink beer. We DO have some of the best wines around though so if a Yarra Valley Sauvignon Blanc takes your fancy... :D

Any great Australian bands that I should be listening to?
He's not 'a band' as such (at least not anymore) but I'd highly recommend Geoffrey Gurrumul Yunupingu. He's an Aboriginal artist who was born blind (can you even begin to imagine how hard that would make it for an aspiring musician?). He sings largely in Aboriginal language but listen to a song of his like 'Bapa' and tell me you don't understand what he's singing about. I'd highly recommend it!

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Well, looks like my time here is nearly up :( I must say I have enjoyed this immensely and if anyone has anymore questions for me, I'd still love to answer them for you :nicenod: Thank you once again G-Man for the opportunity to participate in this site. How successful it was, I'm not sure but I enjoyed the experience and that's the main thing :bighug:

G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

By my reckoning, you've got a little over 24 hours left in the room. Don't hang it up just yet. ;)
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Are there any significant rivalries between Australia and New Zealand? As a Westerner, I tend to think of the two nations as largely independent of each other and coexisting like any other two nations. Being island neighbors, are there sports rivalries or cultural rivalries or even food rivalries between the nations?

Do Australians still technically remain allegiant to the Queen of England or are they 100% sovereign?

What's your opinion- did the dingoes really eat Lindy Chamberlain's baby or is she full of it?

What part of Australia are you from?

Have you ever seen the Aurora Australis?

What constellations do people in the Southern Hemisphere have in the sky?

Is there a South Star or any other equivalent marker in the skies pointing travelers due south?
My Banners:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

What do Australian people think of the American southern accent? What stereotypes does it evoke? Are there stereotypes for other American accents?
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Okay folks, Glorfindel is more than welcome to answer the last few questions posed to him but it's time to let him out of the Interrogation Room. While everyone may talk all about Marcia, Marcia, Marcia, for the next seven days we're going to be all about...
J A N

Jan is very new to The Syndicate, having only signed up just about a month ago. Being so new, I'm sure we've got plenty of questions. Have at it!

Here are a few starter questions:

1) How did you discover the game of mafia?

2) What led you to The Syndicate?

3) What is the favorite role you ever had (good or bad)?

4) What do you think of The Syndicate community so far?

5) How is the state of things in Poland?
My Banners:
Jan
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jan »

Hello guys :)

1. A local mafia fanatic at my home forum, GTF, Roman a.ka Augustus brought it to the place. With the forum dying out at the time a bit, the game gained huge popularity. I started playing since the third instalment and later hosted GTF Mafia VI, XI and XVI.

2. My friend, Sig asked me to join a game, because apparently you guys urgently needed people. Also, I decided that I need some time in a different environment than GTF or ATRL, considering that the JTM atmosphere wasn't very good (sorry!) and I didn't really feel like coming back there.

3. I was a town vigilante. I generally like the idea of having the possibility to kill people I suspect of being mafia without needing to consult and persuade others. I also slightly prefer being town to being scum.

4. It seems pleasant and rather calm in spite of having a few games going on at the same time. Other than that, I don't know you guys that much yet. Sorry about that :)

5. It ain't very bad. Economically, it's getting better every year, however the growth is considerably slower compared to that of the West. Unfortunately, career perspectives here still ain't great so we have a few hundreds of thousands of people emigrating to richer, Western European or Nothern American nations for a better life.

The major problems aside of the brain drain is, in my opinion excessive taxation and the failure of many, previously state-owned companies due to them being privatised and scrapped down by the new foreign owners who had their space in the market replaced with imported products. These neocolonial practices are sadly still not widely recognised by the populace as a factor that contributes to their wealth and no effective measures to build strong local enterpreneuerships are being taken.

Other than that, I would say a lot of people have the homo sovieticus mentality which we inherited from our previous political system. These, usually older people, but sometimes it spreads onto the youth, believe that it's some kind of central authority that creates wealth and prosperity for people and frankly, don't understand capitalism. Therefore, are only capable of working full-time for someone, not knowing how to create something themselves or build up funds.

A huge pro of Poland is the security levels. According to OECD, Poland is one of the safest countries in Europe to live in and visit right now. My country is rather conservative and our government opposes the failed policies of multiculturalism, which turned out to cause more problems for the Western countries than profits.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

What are personal and corporate tax rates like in Poland?

What kind of multiculturalism policies did your government turn its back on?

In America, the slave trade resulted in a sizable portion of the population being of African descent. Did Poland ever take part in slavery?

Are there sizeable minority populations in Poland? If so, what ethnicities and cultures are most prevalent?

As an ignorant American, I know very little about Poland other than the cuisine is tasty and surnames sometimes defy Western phonetics. What are some things (agriculture, products, etc.) should I recognize Poland as a leader in?
My Banners:
Jan

Post by Jan »

G-Man wrote:What are personal and corporate tax rates like in Poland?
PIT brackets are 18% and 32%, however the second one is being paid by only about 1% of the populace. However, the income tax threshold is very low and equals to just 6% of an average monthly pay, therefore it is virtually impossible to be exempt from the tax even for the poorest people.

CIT is 19%, however the real issue is with businesses not receiving full VAT refunds and large costs of employing people legally. An employer is obliged to provide social insurance for every worker as well as pay special taxes for "free healthcare" which both are equal to about 40% of the actual pay. With the populace growing older, the system is getting less and less stable every year. Around 62% of the country's overall budget is already being used to keep the social insurance working. Meanwhile, there are legal loopholes for foreign corporations to avoid taxes at all while winning the competition for customers over local businesses, and that effectively transfers large money from the country abroad.
G-Man wrote:What kind of multiculturalism policies did your government turn its back on?
Basically, all of them. We don't get notable immigration from anywhere outside Ukraine/Belarus, both of which are culturally similar countries. Since the start of the Syrian War with ISIS, Poland bent over to German pressure and a few thousand migrants from the Middle East, however they didn't really want to stay here. After receiving asylum, they just all left to richer Western countries with an extensive system of social welfare. The current, conservative government pledged to veto any ideas of possible new migrant quotas for EU countries. The problem solved itself, I guess.
G-Man wrote:In America, the slave trade resulted in a sizable portion of the population being of African descent. Did Poland ever take part in slavery?

Poland was never influential anywhere in the world outside Europe even at its peak powers and did not participate in colonialism. I think the only slavery we ever had was that of prisoners of war from neighboring countries.
G-Man wrote:Are there sizeable minority populations in Poland? If so, what ethnicities and cultures are most prevalent?
We have about 20 officially recognized national and ethnic minorities, I think. None of them are of any real power, though. The largest population group is Germans, which constitute up to 10% of the general populace in some regions of the South. However, country-wise, they make up for less than 1% of all of country's citizens. Poland is actually one of the most homogeneous populations in the world alongside Japan and South Korea.
G-Man wrote:As an ignorant American, I know very little about Poland other than the cuisine is tasty and surnames sometimes defy Western phonetics. What are some things (agriculture, products, etc.) should I recognize Poland as a leader in?
Apples! We produce an export tonnes of apples, being the biggest exporter in Europe and fourth in the world. Poland also produces a lot of furniture, it is said that around 1/3th of all IKEA furniture was constructed here. Other than these two, a lot of household appliances and cars are manufactured and assembled in our country, however it's mostly for European exports.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I thought most of IKEA's furniture was constructed in people's homes. :confused:
Jan

Post by Jan »

Epignosis wrote:I thought most of IKEA's furniture was constructed in people's homes. :confused:
Well, I meant the parts.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Are there any significant rivalries between Australia and New Zealand? As a Westerner, I tend to think of the two nations as largely independent of each other and coexisting like any other two nations. Being island neighbors, are there sports rivalries or cultural rivalries or even food rivalries between the nations?
From my perspective, I would say definitely, yes. The sporting rivalries between Australia and New Zealand are legend. Cricket, Rugby, you name it. I think there is generally an attitude of 'benevolent animosity between our two peoples. Having said that, historically we have a proud record of standing with each other in time of war and conflict. I have to say however that I have NEVER met a Kiwi online that I didn't admire and respect enormously.

Do Australians still technically remain allegiant to the Queen of England or are they 100% sovereign?
Technically, the Queen of England is the sovereign of Australia. She is physically represented in Australia by a Governor General who is selected by the Australian Parliament.

What's your opinion- did the dingoes really eat Lindy Chamberlain's baby or is she full of it?
More learned people than I (with access to all the relevant information at hand) have already ruled on this matter - who am I to dispute their finding?

What part of Australia are you from?
Brisbane, Queensland

Have you ever seen the Aurora Australis?
Not that I recall.

What constellations do people in the Southern Hemisphere have in the sky?
The Southern Cross - it's represented on our flag.

Is there a South Star or any other equivalent marker in the skies pointing travelers due south?[/quote]
Please refer above.

G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

A few final questions for Jan:

1) Did you do anything special for your birthday?

2) Are there any cultural birthday traditions in Poland?

3) What was the best birthday present you ever received?
My Banners:
Jan

Post by Jan »

G-Man wrote:1) Did you do anything special for your birthday?
Nothing much, really. Met up for a fancy dinner with my family and had a chill day with a book and and a fancy cocktail with rum in the evening.
G-Man wrote:2) Are there any cultural birthday traditions in Poland?
Cake, family/friends meetings. Men get flowers for birthdays here as well as women. I don't really think it is much different. :shrug:

We do, however have traditions that people on their 18th birthday get hit with a belt 18 times by other people for good luck. It's silly. :P
G-Man wrote:3) What was the best birthday present you ever received?
My cousin made and gave me a large painting depicting the neighborhood I grew up at for my 19th birthday last year. It's really nice, she does have skills. It still hangs in my living room.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Thanks to Jan for taking part. It's still August, so we've got one more person to stick in the Room! For the next seven days, kindly direct your questions at...
S O N E J I

Here are a few starter questions:

My Banners:
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Soneji »

G-Man wrote:
On Narutoforums, my home site, I was originally mainly heavily involved in a Naruto tournament section where we wrote out strategies for premade teams of characters, then others would vote on which team they thought won. Several users in that section would run mafia games out of the conversation thread in the section. My first game was either an FMA one or a small game with a sole mafia/wolf(I was the sole wolf and lost only due to coinflip at F3)
The Mafia Championship in 2015. I talked to MP on the Skype channel I think and was directed to this site. I had been worried at that time about the future of NF mafia, so I was looking for a possible new permanent home.
Even though I'm known for being a great role creator, especially with indies, most of the time my individual role(especially as town) isn't something I care about. As town, I prefer to be generic or solely bulletproof.

My two favorites are both indie/mafia. Roland from Law's Favorites VI:
Roland Deschain

[Drawing of the Three]- Before the game starts, you will be given a short-list of possible Townie roles for you to recruit a total of three to join you and form the Ka-Tet Mafia.
---[Gunslinger Training]- The three members that join you have their roles moderately buffed. You may have some input in how this happens.
['Ka' Means Destiny]- You are Un-lynchable and immune to Role-Crush, Possession, Recruitment, and most Debuffs. You downgrade all detection to a weaker state, and shrug off the first regular kill against you in the game.
[The Last Gunslinger of Gilead]- You always perform your mafia's nightly Faction Kill, and your attacks can not be avoided via speed. It will not appear as a Faction Kill in write-ups.
[Co-Op]- The following three abilities each depend on both involved players still being alive and not Role-Crushed. You may use all of them each cycle.
--[Take and Give]- Choose two target players and pin them down with cover fire so Coffey can extract the Voting Power and debuffs from the first target. He will then transfer the Voting Power to you for a cycle, and the debuffs to the second target permanently.
--[Meson Martinet]- If you choose to board the Crimson Corsair's ship at night, you can use its blasters instead of your pistols, increasing your night kill to a Super-Kill, but lowering your attack reflexes.
--[Dark Tower Syndicate]- Once used, the next write-up that would be posted in the thread is shown to you for a maximum of an hour prior to being posted. You and Mulder can choose one piece of information and cover it up.

Ka-Tet Faction Bonus: Summoned By Ka

[Ka Comes Full Circle]- Each recruited Ka-Tet member scans Innocent/as their initial Town role, passes all detection, and even counts towards Town's numbers versus other mafia groups.
[Rest Innocent and Forget]- Upon their deaths, each recruited Ka-Tet member's role is revealed as its initial Town form, prior to buffing and without any mention of them having been recruited.
[Ka-Tet Sacrifice]- Recruited Ka-Tet members revere Roland so much, that while they still live, any fatal attack aimed at him will hit one of them at random instead.
[Quick Reload]- Each cycle, one recruited Ka-Tet member may use an ability an extra time, even limited-use abilities that have been exhausted.

--Hidden--

[Cool Under Pressure]- As the number of your group starts to slowly dwindle, the number of abilities that work against you does as well.

[The Wheel Turns Once More]- Once you are by yourself again, your priorities change. You become Independent, with the following abilities:

[The Last Gunslinger]- Each night, you may choose a player to kill. Your attacks may not be avoided via speed.
[True Grit]- Attacks stronger than regular-strength afflict you with the Bleed debuff, rather than killing you outright. A Super-Kill will take effect 1 cycle sooner, and an Ultra-Kill will take effect 2 cycles sooner. Regular attacks do nothing.
[Precise Armor-Pierce]- Two-Shot. Empty all your bullets into the same target, in the exact same spot, upgrading your attack to a Super-Kill.
[Man in Black]- When you become Independent, a random player is assigned the title of 'Man in Black'. If you happen to target that player, your attack is upgraded to an Ultra-Kill. If that player dies, another player is assigned the 'Man in Black' title at the start of the next cycle.

Win-Condition: All players who were instrumental in the deaths of your Ka-Tet members are dead or lynched, and you survive.
The role was almost made perfect for how I like to do things. Assembling my own chosen roles for maximum strategy and deploying their abilities as I saw fit with the [Quick Reload] ability. It also fits me as a person, I have always had a small group of close friends, my Ka-tet, rather than many friends with weaker ties.

The other is from the game that inspired me to become a host, Watchtower from Jame's War of the Realms:
Watchtower – Having restored the natural order of life with the destruction of the corrupt Kingdom of Harvest and its tainted descendants, this Legender begins the war at the neutral side. At the end of the third day phase, it must choose a faction to ally with to win with that faction, otherwise, it returns to oblivion from whence it came. If it remains a nomad, it needs to eliminate all factions except the other nomads.
[Intangible Specter] – For as long as Watchtower is undecided on its path to victory, it is unaffected by all actions except those of Ysphald and the lynch.
[Tree of Life] – If on the third day phase, Watchtower chooses to side with the Citizens of Erthiis Karthos, it gains the ability to revive one fallen citizen every other day phase.
[Corrupted Descendant] – If on the third day phase, Watchtower chooses to side with the Black Horde, it gains the ability to allow one ally to perform two actions or the same action twice once every cycle.
[The Sixth Mage] – If on the third day phase, Watchtower chooses to side with the World Council, it gains the ability to copy one target player’s random active ability every night phase. It will be able to use each copied ability during every day phase.
[Vigilante of Darkness] – If on the third day phase, Watchtower chooses to remain a Nomad, it will gain the ability to perform a Superkill once every cycle.
[Searing Touch] – If on the first day phase, Watchtower chooses to side with the Citizens of Erthiis Karthos, it will gain a vote stacking ability throughout the entire game.
[Arcane Beacon] – If on the first day phase, Watchtower chooses to side with the Black Horde, it will gain the ability to grant all members of the Black Horde one additional life every night phase provided it was not voted for the day phase prior.
[Spring of Magics] – If on the first day phase, Watchtower chooses to side with World Council, it will gain the ability to disable all abilities targeting the World Council for an entire night phase every other night phase.
[Warlust] – If on the first day phase, Watchtower chooses to remain a Nomad, it will gain the ability to instantly and unfailingly kill one target player every phase provided it accurately guesses the role name of its target; otherwise the kill will fail. Furthermore, it hereon becomes invulnerable to and unaffected by all actions except lynching, the [Deathly Tethers], the [Sky Dragon] and the [Didragden Eye].
Gave a lot of options for choosing what the player wanted to be and gave different options based on when the decision was made. I chose to join the World Council on the first day.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey Soneji! I have some more questions/requests for you.

- Favorite video games?
- Most memorable moments in video games?
- What video game would you recommend to me and others as one that doesn't receive enough attention?
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Hey Soneji! I have some more questions/requests for you.

- Favorite video games?
http://www.unikgamer.com/users/wolfprin ... -1173.html

I haven't updated it in quite awhile but it would be mostly the same. Ico is my #2 now and Dragon Age : Origins would be in my top five.
- Most memorable moments in video games?
Will keep things vague for those who haven't played the games:

-Ico and Yorda at the bridge : "nonomori/thank you". This scene above all others makes this game a masterpiece, it is where the pieces of the puzzle come into place. The game is enjoyable and beautiful prior to this moment but this moment is when it finally all clicks and its genius realized.

-End of Anju and Kafei sidequest in Majora's Mask. The greatest sidequest in all of gaming. Really hits home the groundhogs day mechanic that is a major part of why this game is the greatest of all time.

-The restored power scene in Okami near the end, along with the following final boss fight while "The Sun Rises" plays. The perfect combination of bittersweet followed by triumphant, the greatest transition in any game I have played.

- What video game would you recommend to me and others as one that doesn't receive enough attention?
In this day and age the "hidden gems" are not so hidden and I have never had enough money to purchase that many. The best I could come up with is Dragon's Dogma which while definitely known on gaming forums wouldn't be as known to casuals. It has the best combat in any game I have ever played. When you cast a spell it actually feels like you are casting a spell, the effects on them are amazing. All the classes have well done abilities that truly make you feel like that class, my favorite being the Magick Archer(my dream class, always hated choosing between the two). You can climb up any big monster, target their specific limbs, etc. Nightime actually feels like night time, pitch black almost without a lantern or certain abilities. The list goes on, just look up a few videos of the class abilities and you're bound to want to play it immediately.

Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

Feels more like light questioning than an interrogation :ninja:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I know, right? Come on, folks, let's get Soneji 50cc's of questions, stat!

Thanks for answering the video game ones! I agree totally with the Anju and Kafei sidequest. So awesome. One of my favorite portions of any game ever. And I always need to check out new video games... sadly don't have enough time to do so right now, but I try what I can. So recommendations are always welcome. :D

I'm terrible at coming up with these, but here's a handful or so more:
- Do you like listening to music?
- If so, what are your favorite genres/bands or artists/albums/songs?
- Have you ever / do you play a musical instrument?
- Do you prefer being civilian or mafia?
- What is your most treasured moment as civilian?
- What is your most treasured moment as mafia?
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Dom »

What's your ideal type of role? Like, do you like being a role checker, a killer.... something different? :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 22
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

best role you have ever made?
best mafia game you have ever played?
favorite food?
do you like to travel? Ever been to some cool place you'd like to tell about?
favorite anime and/or manga?
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I

I'm terrible at coming up with these, but here's a handful or so more:
- Do you like listening to music?
I think you would be hard pressed to find someone who would answer no to this question :P

Being serious, I wouldn't make it through most days without music. I work customer service and I wouldn't make it through the day dealing with largely dumb/obnoxious people without music to distract/calm me. At other times it has helped me with my tendency to overthink everything to the point of insanity.

I also find it really hard to cry without the assistance of sad songs. Fast Car by Tracy Chapman is my main go to for that purpose.
Favorite artists/bands : Elton John, David Bowie, Queen, Gotye, Rolling Stones , the Coasters

Generally my favorite artists have a wide variety of styles and subject matter.

General top 5 songs : Bohemian Rhapsody, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Smoke and Mirrors by Gotye, Space Oddity and The Logical Song

Introspective songs hit home more than any other. For current favorites I have obsessions with "Crazy Something Normal" by Donkeyboy, "Wicked Game" by Chris Isaak and a mash-up of "Try Everything", "Shut Up and Dance" and "Can't Fight the Feeling" dubbed Dance Every Feeling(its for a Zootopia AMV).

Favorite genres would be classic rock and intellectual rap(like Kendrick, Nas, Lupe Fiasco). Though I like and regularly listen to a wide variety of different genres. Only genres I don't like much of are country and stuff like screamo.

I listen to a lot of Japanese and videogame music.
- Have you ever / do you play a musical instrument?
I do not know how to play any instruments. I hope to learn the piano someday.
Do you prefer being civilian or mafia?
If I have competent teammates I enjoy being mafia more most of the time. I can enjoy being town more consistently as it only relies on my own talents at scumhunting.
What is your most treasured moment as civilian?
Probably in one of DDL's game where on day 2 I honed in on four of the six mafia then day three I went after the Godfather hard. Five of six mafia sniffed out in just three day phases without having any misreads, my scumdar was extremely on point that game.
What is your most treasured moment as mafia?
In a game with two mafias were we needed their continued survival to win, I tricked town into believing that one of my teammates was part of the other mafia, which having fewer members left alive was towns top priority. My teammate had the kind of tanky role that need two hits on it within a certain timeframe to be killed and this included lynches, so we got town to waste a lynch and some other resources on him. This strategy came to me when I noticed that my teammate had posted a good deal of things that associated him with the other mafia, which he claimed to be mostly intentional when I brought it up.

That teammate was Marco, NF's representative in the Championship game this year and my favorite scummate.

While not really a "moment", those last few cycles in Turf Wars with JJJ challenging me was the most exhilarating experience I have had in mafia for a long time.

Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

Dom wrote:What's your ideal type of role? Like, do you like being a role checker, a killer.... something different? :)
Informative roles are my favorite, though with town-aligned ones I need them to have an extra challenge to them to really enjoy. Straight cop roles as town are boring, I prefer trackers, watchers or variant cops like the type that need to guess role/role+alignment.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 85
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

What inspired you to name yourself after me?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sloonei wrote:What inspired you to name yourself after me?
I'll go further. Why Soneji here and WolfPrinceKiba at NF?
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:best role you have ever made?
Asking a question you already know the answer to? I guess its for everyone else's benefit. Kaminsod from Favorites IV and HAL-9000 from Favorites V are my masterpieces:

Kaminsod:
Kaminsod, the Crippled God

[Ascendant] : Kaminsod can only be killed by ultra-kills and the lynch.

[Deathslayer] : Every second day phase, Kaminsod can revive a dead town or independent(not counting the cult leader) as a generic.

[High House Chains] : Every player he revives will become aligned with him and join him in a QT. He can also recruit any town or indie player that has been made generic/rolecrushed.

[The Great Ravens] : Acting as his eyes and ears, the Great Ravens will reveal snippets of information from each write-up.

[Divine Influence] : Every phase, Kaminsod can message a player through the mod a proposal, suggesting that they do something negative to another player/s, It will look like 'Someone has suggested that you kill Laix. Would you like to?'. If they agree to it, the action will be performed with 100% accuracy. If they decline, they have a 25% chance to suffer what would have become of their victim.

The available suggestions are:

-Regular kill
-Poison(will die within three phases if not targeted by a doctor)
-Roleblock for a cycle
-Make generic for a phase
-Blind for a cycle(if they use a targeted action, it will have a randomized target)
-Confused for a phase(will have a random active action chosen for them to activate with a randomized target/s if its a targeted ability)
-Vote silence three specified players
-Forget a skill(fails on GF's and Independents)
-Make them a 25% lightning rod for a phase
-Increase the effectiveness of negative skills used on them for a phase

Each suggestion can only be used once. Once all suggestions are used, this will be reset.

[Twisted God] : Kaminsod knows only suffering and wants to make everyone else feel the same. Kaminsod wins if he survives to the end of the game with at least 5 people accepting his offers via [Divine Influence].

[Book of the Fallen]: If Kaminsod is targeted by at least five positive town abilities, he will become town-aligned. Hidden.

[Unchained] : Usable if [Book of the Fallen] has activated, Kaminsod can take off his chains and bind another being with them, making them permanently a generic. This will succeed even on those that normally cannot be made generic, like Godfathers.
What I feel most accomplished about with this role is that I have never read the book series and the wiki on him doesn't give any go to abilities. The role is fit as perfectly as possible based off of the wiki into the core theme of the character.

The [Divine Influence] ability was inspired by one of Laix's roles though so it loses out in the end to my magnum opus, HAL-9000:
HAL-9000

[Discovery One] : HAL-9000 is part of the crew of the Discovery One, a team assembled with the goal of finally getting town a win in Favorites. Five other members will be chosen alongside him as a mason group, consisting of a wide range of specialists(roleblocker, doctor, cop, vig). Three of the five players will be in stasis for the first four cycles of the game, not being apart of and unknowing of the existence of the Discovery One mason group. During this time they will be vote silenced and any negative action they use on the active members of the group will have no effect. This is a top secret mission, so HAL and other members of the faction are not allowed to speak about being masons within the game thread.

[Diagnostics] : HAL knows the condition of all his crew members at all times and will be informed if they are being affected by any affliction.

[To Serve Man] : HAL is required to provide his crew members with what information he can.

[Supercomputer] : HAL has extra numerical knowledge about the game, including how many town/mafia/indies there are as well as the amount of role ability types there are(how many doctor protects, roleblocks, janitoring skills, etc.)

[Top Secret] : HAL is not allowed to tell the crew his role name, abilities or restrictions of his abilities. He is also aware of the presence of a Law Enforcement themed mafia formed by the same government that programmed him, consisting of Judge Judy, Kaneki Ken, Nero, Rust Cohle, Adachi and Vic Sage. He cannot speak of this knowledge or take/suggest actions against their members. If asked his opinion of if there is a third mafia, he will express doubt about it unless it has been made clear at that time that there is. Failure to follow these rules will result in severe punishment.

HAL is also immune to investigations and lie detects.

[System Malfuction] : If HAL is asked five or more questions by his crewmates that he is not allowed to answer and therefore has to lie about and/or if he sees them plotting to eliminate him, HAL will decide that the best way to deal with the conflict between his mission to relay info accurately and keep certain info secret is to eliminate his crew members as to not be asked any questions or be potentially eliminated by them. He will change from being town to indie with the wincon of having to eliminate his crew members. If he eliminates the two crew members not in stasis prior to the others waking, those three will die instantly. Hidden.

[I Can't Allow You To Do That Dave] : During the day phase, HAL can say the words "I can't allow you to do that [insert crew members name]" in a post in the game thread while quoting a post of theirs to have them be killed the following night phase. He doesn't have to say the words in succession in the post but he does have to say them in order. The actual kill will bypass any protection they might have and will appear in the write-up as them having died a mysterious death. Hidden.
I labored harder on this role than any other, determined to do this iconic character submitted by my idol Law the justice it deserved. Like Kaminsod, there was no conventional ability set to work with. The plot of the movie itself therefore had to be the main base by which to make the role, the challenge being how to translate that into workable mafia game mechanics. That I was able to fit in him having top secret info on one of the mafia, which was full of government officials, really tied him into the overall design of the game.
best mafia game you have ever played?
Jame's War of the Realms. All the roles were original characters created by James, with lengthy story write-ups for any major actions. Was a real power spike compared to anything I had played before, with lots of cool abilities, especially the limited shots. It is the game that inspired me to host and where the "no one-shots till day phase 3" rule I have for Favorites comes from.
favorite food?
Mushrooms. I can eat them like popcorn raw.
do you like to travel? Ever been to some cool place you'd like to tell about?
I haven't really had the time/money to travel.
favorite anime and/or manga?
I haven't actually watched a large amount of manga or anime. I would say that as a whole, the ones I've enjoyed the most from start to finish have been Beck and Akira.
I wanted you to notice me, senpai.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
I'll go further. Why Soneji here and WolfPrinceKiba at NF?
WolfPrinceKouga/Kiba is fitting for a Naruto/anime themed forum. Soneji is more fitting for my mafia persona.

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Yeah, I just wanted to give you a chance to gloat about Kamisod/Hal.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 101
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hey there Soneji.

Do you prefer vanilla-heavy games or role-heavy games?

Games with a lot of people, a moderate number of people, or a small number?

What players would you say have influenced your style the most?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Hey there Soneji.

Do you prefer vanilla-heavy games or role-heavy games?
Role-heavy. It is less about me caring for my individual role but figuring out the workings of other roles and strategizing around them.
Games with a lot of people, a moderate number of people, or a small number?
Moderate. A lot of people equals a lot of posts and I go through threads somewhat slowly. Too few though and it is hard to get into the groove as town or hide as mafia.
What players would you say have influenced your style the most?
I have always largely done my own thing. If anyone influenced me it would be those like Law and Absolute Justice with their abrasive attitudes. What I can remember of my early days, I wasn't as "in your face" as I was later on.

G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

A big thank you to Soneji for sitting in the Interrogation Room for a week. The time has come to let him out though.

The Ambassador team is going to put the Interrogation Room on hold throughh the end of September. Be sure to come back in October to see who may be in the lineup once we start things back up!
My Banners:
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Quin »

So who's in the lineup? :grin:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Welcome to the Family”