Meetups

Are you new to The Syndicate's mafia crime family? If so, introduce yourself here! For all Syndicateers, this is the place to get to know your fellow family members.

Moderator: Community Team

Interested in a Syndicate vacation? If so, when?

May
6%
June
22%
July
28%
August
22%
Another Time
11%
No
11%

Total votes: 18
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Meetups

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Roxy wrote:You have not been to the Zoo yet? You are missing out my friend! They do in fact serve beer and have beer type fundraisers at least twice a year.

It has been a cold hard winter but some trees have blossomed not in the Tidal Basin area but around other museums. By the time April is here I have hopes of some blossoms to open.

I will let you know next time I am in town. I am usually around the Old Post Office Pavilion.

Maryland is better - less taxes, better parks and trails and way better nicer people :D
Ahem. Ahem.

Maybe DC taints those closest to it, but people in Central VA are nice. :p

I would also never live in NoVa, traffic wha???

The Zoo would be awesome! My baby boy will be 1 next month (omg hardest year of my life), and we'd love to meet-up. Not sure it's entirely in the cards for us since we have 1 DC trip planned already in May and just decided the baby and I are going to skip a friends wedding in NJ because its too much.

Would love to see if we can swing it once ya'll decide when you are coming.
I will say that MP mentioned you in our conversation too. So yes, I would not mind meeting up with you as well! :)

I've been to DC several times before (I have family up in Maryland), but it's probably been about 10 years since I've been to the zoo there. Would not mind doing that!
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 14
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

roxy -hug them all for me. :D
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Vompatti »

Mongoose wrote:Plan your meetups with other Syndicaters here!

I live in sunny Florida if anyone would like to come get their faces eaten off by bath salt abusers, have a tete a tete with a gator, utilize the Stand Your Ground defense visit me!
My Vompatti persona lives in Atlantis Florida so maybe we could meat on the astral plane?
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Lizzy »

Vompatti wrote:

I live in sunny Florida if anyone would like to come get their faces eaten off by bath salt abusers, have a tete a tete with a gator, utilize the Stand Your Ground defense visit me!
My Vompatti persona lives in Atlantis Florida so maybe we could meat on the astral plane?
I wouldn't mind meating you on an astral plane.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Lizzy wrote:
Vompatti wrote:

I wouldn't mind meating you on an astral plane.
I wodlnd't mind meating you eatiher k
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

I hope if you meet on an astral plane your spirit bodies totally make out. :D
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

My spirit body is very shy k

Image Image Image
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

your spirit body won't be able to resist itself when it sees lizzy's spirit body in all her glory k

also - how do you know spirit lizzy won't help spirit vompi not be so shy?
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

i dunno k :eek:

Image Image Image
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Hedgeowl »

omg i have been so busy with the baby becoming a toddler soon, but no meet-ups have taken place?? Astral or otherwise?

who? what? where?

the end
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Hedgeowl wrote:omg i have been so busy with the baby becoming a toddler soon, but no meet-ups have taken place?? Astral or otherwise?

who? what? where?

the end
I know, right? We need to make these things happen!!

Unfortunately, with my move to San Antonio in a couple of months, not sure how available I'm going to be for meetups like I was hoping, but perhaps after I've settled and have a better idea of my PhD schedule it will be easier.

That said, I have been "meeting up" with birdwithteeth, Russtifinko, Devin the Omniscient, G.O.B., etc., but none of those count because I knew them before the site. :p
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Elohcin »

We surprised Logan for his birthday celebration!!!

Logan and Rob gettin' their music on :)

Happy Birthday Logan!

Nevinera in the back. In the front from left to right - Epignosis, Elohcin, Mongoose, thellama73

Abigail serenading Mongoose with "Let it Go"

Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Awesome!
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Hedgeowl »

There is so much epicness in this post Elo!! I wanted to be there sooo badly. I love the shirts too!, <3

What an amazing cake and group of people! Hope you all had a great thanksgiving too!
:yay: :bliss: :omg:
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I am so jealous!! That is so awesome!! Hope you had a great birthday celeberation, Logan, and that all of you had a lot of fun! I'm sure you have though.
Roxy
Hitman
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

That looks like it was an amazing time! I bet the music was as fantastic as the cake and the company!

Great pictures everyone! I love seeing the meet up pictures! <3
;)
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 12
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

I had so much fun, and the shock on Logan's face was priceless. Great to spend time with everyone again!

We also met up with Vompatti, seen here:

Smiling is expensive in Finland.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 11

Post by thellama73 »

Thanks to Mongoose, Rob, and Tasha for an amazing Thanksgiving fun time! And special thanks to Tasha for an equally amazing cake!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 12
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:Thanks to Mongoose, Rob, and Tasha for an amazing Thanksgiving fun time! And special thanks to Tasha for an equally amazing cake!
and to Hedgeowl for being a sneaky-sneak.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Mongoose wrote:I had so much fun, and the shock on Logan's face was priceless. Great to spend time with everyone again!

We also met up with Vompatti, seen here:

Smiling is expensive in Finland.
I've heard that some Finns prefer urine-flavored beer to happiness, anyway.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Here is a link to my facebook album for our Ohio trip to Alex and Annie's (Moving Pictures and spacedaisy's) wedding. I've made the album public so you can all see, but feel free to add me as a friend on fb too. And if you have any pictures of your own to add, feel free to do so! We all had so much fun meeting/seeing everyone. You are all such wonderful people! Some of us talked about having another meetup around New Years. We talked about perhaps going on a cruise! I am going to look into it and post links here :D

https://www.facebook.com/Tasha.Brown198 ... ploaded=60
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Ricochet »

dat prog cake

I take it the bride wasn't stolen? It's a very annoying "tradition" over here.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Ricochet wrote:dat prog cake

I take it the bride wasn't stolen? It's a very annoying "tradition" over here.
Thanks :) As soon as I found out that Alex and Annie were getting married, I got the idea for the cake and messaged Annie to see if I could make it for Alex as a surprise.

And no, she wasn't stolen. I've not heard of this tradition. Please share! :)
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Everything I'm about to say is basically a paraphrase of such an event, because I've only been to two weddings in my entire life (I don't like them much, if you can't tell by that astounding low number already) and it didn't happen - both times the brides insisted not to be subjected to it and the robbers played nice. I think it may have some roots in our folk history - where the wedding was a complex ceremony in everything it involves, from courtship and the wedding procession to music and customs, but I won't get into any of that - but in our modern times it's more of a punkish surviving "tradition", which the lads (outside the groom, of course, who is the victim) are most of the times itching to do it.

So basically late during the wedding party, the bride is "stolen" and the groom has to make a "deal" or some gesture to get her back. Everything is symbolic, of course, it doesn't go as far as actual kidnapping (well, in our country it may still depend on the wedding :p) and I can only assume it's meant for the groom to exhibit his new authority skills, act like a real man or something like that. The exchange can also be symbolic, like a gift or a trade in return for the bride.

The reason why I call it annoying is because a) I would absolutely hate for it to happen to me and I would also expect my future wife (here I go again :goofp:) to also not put up with it either and b) it adds up to the "rituals" during a wedding that I find to tell more about how the whole party is more about the guests having their own way (because it's, like, "tradition", man) rather than the wedded ones being the highlight of the event (and respected as such).
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

My maternal Grandmothers people are Sami (Lapps is more commonly known, but that term is considered pejorative, like calling Native Americans "Indians") and they had a kidnap tradition, too. Except the GROOM was expected to "kidnap" her from her home the morning of the wedding. In modern times, the vast, vast majority of these events were staged for traditional purposes.

My grandmother was "kidnapped" but to the best of my knowledge, none of the children of her siblings that remained in Norway did any of that.

Folk traditions are so weird, lol.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

In our folk times, if the groom would kidnap the bride on the wedding day, he'd very likely have to make room for an axe in his head.

There's a splendid movie from my country called The Stone Wedding (seriously, one of my favourite movies of all time, it's breathtaking in every aspect) in which an actual kidnapping takes place (with the bride's full intent, as well), but it has more to do with the wedding being a miserable one for the lady rather than capturing a faithful tradition.
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Ricochet wrote:Everything I'm about to say is basically a paraphrase of such an event, because I've only been to two weddings in my entire life (I don't like them much, if you can't tell by that astounding low number already) and it didn't happen - both times the brides insisted not to be subjected to it and the robbers played nice. I think it may have some roots in our folk history - where the wedding was a complex ceremony in everything it involves, from courtship and the wedding procession to music and customs, but I won't get into any of that - but in our modern times it's more of a punkish surviving "tradition", which the lads (outside the groom, of course, who is the victim) are most of the times itching to do it.

So basically late during the wedding party, the bride is "stolen" and the groom has to make a "deal" or some gesture to get her back. Everything is symbolic, of course, it doesn't go as far as actual kidnapping (well, in our country it may still depend on the wedding :p) and I can only assume it's meant for the groom to exhibit his new authority skills, act like a real man or something like that. The exchange can also be symbolic, like a gift or a trade in return for the bride.

The reason why I call it annoying is because a) I would absolutely hate for it to happen to me and I would also expect my future wife (here I go again :goofp:) to also not put up with it either and b) it adds up to the "rituals" during a wedding that I find to tell more about how the whole party is more about the guests having their own way (because it's, like, "tradition", man) rather than the wedded ones being the highlight of the event (and respected as such).
I've heard of such traditions before actually, I didn't know there was one in Nauru. Also, if going to two weddings is astoundingly low, I wonder what my 0 weddings is.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

A Person wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Everything I'm about to say is basically a paraphrase of such an event, because I've only been to two weddings in my entire life (I don't like them much, if you can't tell by that astounding low number already) and it didn't happen - both times the brides insisted not to be subjected to it and the robbers played nice. I think it may have some roots in our folk history - where the wedding was a complex ceremony in everything it involves, from courtship and the wedding procession to music and customs, but I won't get into any of that - but in our modern times it's more of a punkish surviving "tradition", which the lads (outside the groom, of course, who is the victim) are most of the times itching to do it.

I've heard of such traditions before actually, I didn't know there was one in Nauru. Also, if going to two weddings is astoundingly low, I wonder what my 0 weddings is.
God tier. One was my best friend's - no escape hatch there.
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Ricochet wrote:
A Person wrote:

To be fair, I've never had any to escape from. I've been invited to a lot of funerals though, but I've never gotten out of one of those.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

A Person wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
A Person wrote:

To be fair, I've never had any to escape from. I've been invited to a lot of funerals though, but I've never gotten out of one of those.
I used to skip some of those in high-school, too (like my choir teacher's mother's funeral or several other teachers I had no actual contact with), until my parents pointed to me how much of an asshole I am.
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Ricochet wrote:I used to skip some of those in high-school, too (like my choir teacher's mother's funeral or several other teachers I had no actual contact with), until my parents pointed to me how much of an asshole I am.
Maybe you should've spiced them up by starting a kidnapping tradition for those, too.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Elohcin wrote:Here is a link to my facebook album for our Ohio trip to Alex and Annie's (Moving Pictures and spacedaisy's) wedding. I've made the album public so you can all see, but feel free to add me as a friend on fb too. And if you have any pictures of your own to add, feel free to do so! We all had so much fun meeting/seeing everyone. You are all such wonderful people! Some of us talked about having another meetup around New Years. We talked about perhaps going on a cruise! I am going to look into it and post links here :D

https://www.facebook.com/Tasha.Brown198 ... ploaded=60
I've been trying to upload my pictures to the album and for some reason I can't. Not sure what's causing it. Maybe because I'm not a contributor? :shrug:

Also, your cake was amazing. Easily the best cake I've ever seen! And your kids are adorable. Abigail has a ton of personality. :)

Oh, what's that? You want a picture of the biggest Syndicate gathering ever? Well here you go:

How my brother snuck in that one I don't know. :P But I've been trying to get him to join for forever now!
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: How my brother snuck in that one I don't know. :P But I've been trying to get him to join for forever now!
Well, now he has to in order to make the picture correct.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

A Person wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I used to skip some of those in high-school, too (like my choir teacher's mother's funeral or several other teachers I had no actual contact with), until my parents pointed to me how much of an asshole I am.
Maybe you should've spiced them up by starting a kidnapping tradition for those, too.
:haha:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Birdwithteeth, you are now a contributor. :)
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Here is the one I got. I think it is more complete :)

nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Oh, cutting us out with your large picture files? I see how it is :pout:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 6
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

In Eloh's picture, you can't really see BWT or his brother. Dunno if that solves the previous problem.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

MetalMarsh- how tall are you? I can't get a sense of scale from that picture.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

nijuukyugou wrote:Oh, cutting us out with your large picture files? I see how it is :pout:
If you'd like, you are welcome to get it off of facebook, save it to your computer, resize it, post it back to fb or photobucket or whatever, and then repost it here. I'm too lazy for all that :p

You could also just right click "view image". hehe
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm visible. That's all that matters.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Okay, so I am not sure on what would work best for everyone, so I found these two cruises. They are both for spring 2016. I was thinking either the April 15th date for the 5 day cruise out of Charleston, SC or the April 10th date for the 4 day cruise out of Port Canaveral, FL. Of course, prices will change according to when we all decide to book and what not. But, I figure discussion has to start somewhere. I would love to be able to do this and for LOTS of us to go. I want to meet more of you :D

http://www.carnival.com/itinerary/5-day ... ateCode=NC

http://www.carnival.com/itinerary/4-day ... ateCode=NC
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I am very jealous that I've missed all of this...

But my wife and I are secretly planning a trip to the East Coast in 2017, and I'm already thinking about how to finally meet some of you.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote:Okay, so I am not sure on what would work best for everyone, so I found these two cruises. They are both for spring 2016. I was thinking either the April 15th date for the 5 day cruise out of Charleston, SC or the April 10th date for the 4 day cruise out of Port Canaveral, FL. Of course, prices will change according to when we all decide to book and what not. But, I figure discussion has to start somewhere. I would love to be able to do this and for LOTS of us to go. I want to meet more of you :D

http://www.carnival.com/itinerary/5-day ... ateCode=NC

http://www.carnival.com/itinerary/4-day ... ateCode=NC
Where you gettin dis money :evileye:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

If you can steer the boat all the way to the European coast, I could probably meet you there.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Ricochet wrote:If you can steer the boat all the way to the European coast, I could probably meet you there.
Is Nauru like Lost island, and it's moved over to Europe?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Golden wrote:
Ricochet wrote:If you can steer the boat all the way to the European coast, I could probably meet you there.
Is Nauru like Lost island, and it's moved over to Europe?
Nauru is where the heart is.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Golden wrote:I am very jealous that I've missed all of this...

But my wife and I are secretly planning a trip to the East Coast in 2017, and I'm already thinking about how to finally meet some of you.
Just let us know when the time gets close. I am sure we can all find a way to meet up :)
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

I think I may have been the one to mention a cruise, but I offered that suggestion in jest. :blush:

My wife and I aren't planning any major vacations until 2017 at the earliest but if any of you fine folk make it up to our neck of the woods, you're more than welcome to pop in for a visit.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

G-Man wrote:I think I may have been the one to mention a cruise, but I offered that suggestion in jest. :blush:

My wife and I aren't planning any major vacations until 2017 at the earliest but if any of you fine folk make it up to our neck of the woods, you're more than welcome to pop in for a visit.
You may have mentioned it as well, but Epi also mentioned it while we were at lunch with Niju, MM, Mongoose, and Llama this past Saturday. I told Mongoose I would look into it :) I've done my part, now I need others to comment and help plan.

Return to “Welcome to the Family”