Hello

Are you new to The Syndicate's mafia crime family? If so, introduce yourself here! For all Syndicateers, this is the place to get to know your fellow family members.

Moderator: Community Team

sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Re: Hello

Post by sabie12 »

I've been diagnosed with anxiety and depression but finally found the right medication that works for me which is great. Hate relying on meds to function but it works so I'm good with that. I've gotten a lot better but for some reason my anxiety comes out more when I'm trying to chat online or through text than actually talking to someone in person.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 16

Post by thellama73 »

Anxiety is not a disease.

Let the flame war begin.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

You can be diagnosed with mental illnesses even though they are not diseases :P
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 8

Post by fingersplints »

sabie12 wrote:I've been diagnosed with anxiety and depression but finally found the right medication that works for me which is great. Hate relying on meds to function but it works so I'm good with that. I've gotten a lot better but for some reason my anxiety comes out more when I'm trying to chat online or through text than actually talking to someone in person.
I'm the opposite. I get more anxiety in person then online. I used to take medicines as well for a couple years but have recently weened off them. I know it's not fun having to take them but it really will help stabilize things :)
Gro-oo-ovy
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 11

Post by A Person »

sabie12 wrote:I've been diagnosed with anxiety and depression but finally found the right medication that works for me which is great. Hate relying on meds to function but it works so I'm good with that. I've gotten a lot better but for some reason my anxiety comes out more when I'm trying to chat online or through text than actually talking to someone in person.
I would be diagnosed with them too if I went to some person who diagnoses such things.
thellama73 wrote:Anxiety is not a disease.

Let the flame war begin.
Anxiety is a disorder k
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

A Person wrote: Anxiety is a disorder k
What is a disorder?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Bullzeye »

thellama73 wrote:
What is a disorder?
In this instance, a disorder is a mental or behavioral pattern or anomaly that causes either suffering or an impaired ability to function in ordinary life (disability), and which is not developmentally or socially normative.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Bullzeye wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
What is a disorder?
In this instance, a disorder is a mental or behavioral pattern or anomaly that causes either suffering or an impaired ability to function in ordinary life (disability), and which is not developmentally or socially normative.
What is ordinary life?
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Vompatti wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
What is a disorder?
What is ordinary life?
What Vomps said. Is being bad at math a disorder? Math is necessary in a lot of ordinary life. Is being a bad writer a disorder? Writing is necessary to a lot of ordinary life. Is falling in love a disorder? That causes suffering like crazy. I think presuming to tell people what is ordinary" or "normal" is arrogant, and I think classifying every deviation from the mean as a disorder is extremely dangerous.

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Epignosis »

Simon is autistic and perfectly normal. :)
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

thellama73 wrote:Is being bad at math a disorder?
Yes, it's called dyscalculia.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

A Person wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Is being bad at math a disorder?
Yes, it's called dyscalculia.
That's complete nonsense.

Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 13
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:Anxiety is not a disease.

Let the flame war begin.
Do not feed the troll Tom Cruise troll.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion without it being called nonsense, K? :)
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 13
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Epignosis wrote:Simon is autistic and perfectly normal. :)
And he's a lovely lad! :)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Mongoose wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Simon is autistic and perfectly normal. :)
And he's a lovely lad! :)
Technically, Simon has been diagnosed with Sensory Processing Disorder, a condition in which the brain has trouble receiving and responding to information that comes in through the senses.

Simon has learned to cope with some of the things listed above. In addition to the things mentioned in the above picture, Simon is a stickler for rules, does not lie, and will through an all out two-yr-old-like fit if he loses a game. He will even throw a fit because the person he chose to cheer for on Wheel of Fortune has lost. Despite his struggles we wouldn't change a thing about him....except that he would eat fruits, vegies, and meat :p

That said :), it is nice to know all of your RL names. My name is Tasha.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Doober

Post by Doober »

hi to all. some i know most i don't seem to. took a look at current sign ups and these games look too involved for me, but thought i'd say hi and i was still alive LOL
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Doober wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:13 pm hi to all. some i know most i don't seem to. took a look at current sign ups and these games look too involved for me, but thought i'd say hi and i was still alive LOL
Welcome! There’s no pressure. Whenever you feel comfortable you should join any game you like. They’re open to everyone. :)
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Doober wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:13 pm hi to all. some i know most i don't seem to. took a look at current sign ups and these games look too involved for me, but thought i'd say hi and i was still alive LOL
Yay Doober! Nice to see you again! You are welcome to play anytime, we'd love to have you!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

[mention]Doober[/mention] hi, good to see you!
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)

Post by DharmaHelper »

[mention]Doober[/mention] Hey there stranger
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

hi, I don't remember how to function on this site, where do i sign up for a game ,, thanks
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

lapluie wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:21 am hi, I don't remember how to function on this site, where do i sign up for a game ,, thanks
Hi Lap! It's good to see you. :biggrin:

All sign-ups can be found here
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:22 pm
lapluie wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:21 am hi, I don't remember how to function on this site, where do i sign up for a game ,, thanks
Hi Lap! It's good to see you. :biggrin:

All sign-ups can be found here
Ah!! Hello hello!!
it's nice to see you too, familiar friend :cloud9:
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °

Return to “Welcome to the Family”