U.S.S. Tempest - Out Of Character

Moderators: SokothQultuq, Spacedaisy

SokothQultuq
Henchman
Posts in topic: 125

Re: Syndicate Sim

Post by SokothQultuq »

Just a reminder, the Star Trek Sim is at 10PM Eastern, 7PM Pacific. if your new and interested in checking it out just send a PM to myself or SpaceDasiy or post here in the board and we'll get a link to you for the chat.

Hope to see you there. Its going to be fun.
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Based on the Poll running so far the Nova Class is in the lead. Doing some research most ships from this class are named after persons from Greek Mythology. if we stay close to cannon we should consider a name from that for the ship. However we do not have to do that. But its an idea also. do you have a favorite greek god? or person from greek mythology?

This is just a preemptive post in case we stick with the Nova class as our ship of choice.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 24

Post by insertnamehere »

U.S.S. Oedipus
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Spoiler: show

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

But seriously:

U.S.S. Aeolus

U.S.S. Orcus

U.S.S. Anemoi

and my personal favorite...

the U.S.S. Urania, named after the daughter of Zeus and the Muse of Astrology. She's also a figure used in Milton's Paradise Lost, and many astrological landmarks and observatories have been named in honor of her.

Also, if we use that name, we can use this as the cheesy-ass theme song:
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 74

Post by Spacedaisy »

It's almost time! :omg:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

yay for ruining dramatic death scenes!
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 50

Post by DharmaHelper »

If by ruining you mean making them 10x better
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I voted for ships that seemed balanced so it could offer us opportunity for a variety of mission types. I'm most interested in exploration, but I don't doubt that we will run into combat situations and am open to diplomatic as well, so I voted for something I thought could handle whatever we throw at it.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Good Choices all around. I also like the well rounded ship for what were doing, and I want to do something other than an Akira since we spent a long time in one of those. This is a good fresh start. I see we have a 3 way Tie. I've had a couple of you submit ideas for the ship name as well. So we will see what more comes through for that and hopefully a few more votes and we'll go forward with what we have. So please feel free to chime in. Ask some of your fellow Syndicate community members perhaps they have some thoughts.

I will be working on a log, and some other important information for you before the end of the week. I anticipate having everything done to post by Friday Evening at the latest between the Log to Recap what happened in our last adventure and what is leading into the new.
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

So...

Here's a little future information. The USS Syndicate is a place holder for our new ship. So, here is where you should start thinking about where your character comes from and ends up on our ship. You can make several decisions right now. To play a character that is stranded on the planet with the rest of these three ships crew having either been a Trainee or crew person from any of the three vessels involved here. Or a completely new person with no knowledge when our actual sim begins. So the storyline from here on is actually going to be included in our sim's history. Here is where you can start really developing your character. We may be on this planet for a few sims.

This alien species is going to be someone we will run into again and is going to be a home grown thing that I will use and that our future SM's can use in their storylines. It is a work in progress, I have a base ideas for this species. I will post more about it as we go and once we have a place to post information. Anything that is disclosed in SIM or other means will be on record at some point. As this develops if you have ideas your welcome to pitch them my way.

Eventually the goal is to have 1 or more SM's who will rotate the job of storyteller. If your interested in doing this let me know and we can find a way to talk about it more at some point.
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

((To Set the Mood of the next sim and to get you thinking about how you arrive on the planet....))

“The battle of Lyshan III”

Oliver sat back in his chair staring across the table, one of his eyebrows cocked in curiosity. “What do you mean no?” he leaned in and eyed his opponent.

The young girl sitting across from him giggled. “NO! Go fish!” she said slapping the deck of cards on the table between them making a pretty good attempt at a sinister glare.

He didn’t dare press the issue, he grinned and reached out and took one of the cards from the top of the deck and eyed her over the cards. “Ok. I see how it’s going to be!”

She continued to glare, and very quickly fell into a giggle as she lost her composure. “Ok… ok… do you have any…”

“Are you two at it again!” a voice called from across the room.

“She’s kicking my tail!” Oliver said turning to the woman who was standing across the room wearing a robe. “Save me!” he said in an overly dramatic voice.

The woman in the doorway grinned. “To bed with you evil one!” she said with a gesture to the young girl.

“Do I have too, were almost done!” the young girl said in mock despair. She slipped off the chair and started for her room yawning. “Night Ollie!” she said waving and disappearing into the room.

Oliver swept the cards into a pile and found that she had made her way across the room and had ensnared him about the waist. “She likes you!”

Oliver nodded. “I’m starting to get that feeling.” He put the cards in the wooden case dropped a hand on top of hers. “I’ve got duty early, I should probably go.” He said turning to face her.

She smiled. “You could stay?”

He shook his head. “I’m not sure that’s a good idea yet.” He shrugged. “I really should talk to the Captain about it first.” He smiled. “Don’t get me wrong Lori I want to but it’s not the right time yet.”

She nodded. “I understand,” she slowly moved away running her fingers down his back. “You cannot have the ships Executive officer dating one of the ships nurses without the old man’s permission.” She grinned as she made her way toward her bedroom. “I could make it worth your while.”

He sighed. “I hate you!” he said shaking a fist at her. “Soon enough.”

“Soon!” she said as she slipped through the door to her bedroom.

He stood there staring at the open door and the darkness beyond. He wanted to walk through that door but he knew he couldn’t because once that door was open it meant certain things. “Goodnight Lori!”

He heard her laugh from within the room. “Goodnight Ollie!”

Oliver turned down the lighting in the main part of her quarters and left heading down the hall towards the nearest turbolift. He stepped through the doors and into the lift standing to the side and leaning against the wall. It was a short ride before he was deposited on his desired deck, as he entered his Quarters he started stripping out of his uniform and headed into the bathroom starting up the sonic shower. He took a long look in the mirror and ran a hand over the stubble on his chin that had started to form.

He stepped into the shower and leaned against the back wall allowing the sonic waves to roll over his body. His muscles were still sore after his earlier work out and a bruise was still bothering him on his right thigh. It was nice and blue and black. He could easily see boot print on it now. He had managed to fall during their training exercise and someone trampled him when he fell. Only managed to land on his thigh but it hurt all the same.

Oliver’s eyes snapped open as the room was suddenly bathed in red, and the alert klaxon began to sound. “Red Alert, All hands to battle stations!” the night shift officer of the deck came over the ships intercom.

“Oh, this cannot be good!” he pushed out of the shower and moved quickly out into his quarters and began pulling on his uniform frantically, he managed his boxer briefs, an undershirt and his pants as he bolted from his quarters. Stepping into the lift he pulled both his socks on and his turtleneck shirt. It took another moment to pull his vest on, and as the lift arrived at the bridge he entered with his boots in hand moving to the center of the bridge. The Captain hand not arrived yet. “Report!” he said as he dropped in his own chair and began tying up his boots.

“We just received a Distress Call from the USS Lake Stevens, she’s under attack by an unknown enemy vessel. They’ve requested assistance and are heading towards the Lyshan system at maximum warp. That is about when they will have to power down they have already taken damage.”

“Very good commander, your relieved, Helmsman what is our ETA to the Lyshan System?” he said zipping up his vest just as the Captain exited the turbolift. “Captain.” He nodded.

“ETA is about 14 minutes at maximum warp!” the helmsman called out.

“What’s going on Commander Savage?” the old man with graying hair and a beard settled down into his chair. He was much how Oliver imagined Santa would if he was a real being.

“Distress call from the Lake Stevens, Unknown vessel, rendezvous in the Lyshan system.”

“Mr. Lucian what is the make-up of the Lyshan system?” the Captain asked.

“Uhh…” the man at the helm ran his hands across the console.” Three Stars, a Class A, F, and G Stars. Several planets, three class M. Most notable is Lyshan III which is a class M planet and appears to be the rendezvous point.”

Oliver exchanged glances with the Captain. “Nice place to drop out of warp I suppose. What do you think Captain Spencer is thinking?” he asked.

“No idea.” He frowned.
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

“Captain the USS Texas has signaled they are likewise responding and is in route.” The ships operations officer called out from the front of the bridge pulling their attention.

This made the two exchange glances. “The Texas?” Oliver said aloud.

“That’s not good!” the Captain said right away. “What is that Captain thinking!” he said looking back at the main viewer.

“Why do you say that?” Oliver asked a little confused.

“You don’t read the FFN do you?” the elder officer said looking back at him once again.

Oliver shook his head. “Nope. Bunch of crap if you ask me!”

“The Texas is a trainee ship!”

“What?” Oliver said a little louder than necessary. “I thought they stopped those after the Enterprise incident!”

The captain shook his head. “I sure hope that ship’s captain knows what he’s doing!” he glanced around the bridge. “Or this could be another disaster!”

The bridge was quiet for a long while, you could almost cut the tension with a knife, and finally the operations officer broke the silence. “Long Range sensors are picking up the Lake Stevens, and…” the operations officer fell silent for a long moment.

“What is it Lieutenant?” Oliver asked.

“I don’t know sir, it’s big!”

“Coming out of Warp on the far side of Lyshan III Captain!” the helmsman called out. Everyone paused for a moment to watch as the elongated stars snapped back to pinpoints on the screen and Lyshan rushed into view. The planet gave way as they slipped past and then the Galaxy Class Lake Stevens streaked into being. She was badly damaged, her nacelles were venting gouts of super-heated drive plasma, and they had clearly pushed the engines hard.

“Helmsman, close with the Lake Stevens. How long till the en….” The captain’s words cut off as a massive ship appeared from a tear inspace. It almost seemed like water. The vessel a mighty wedge with blue and green hues of light with a dark green hull color appeared. Almost immediately an almost neon green liquid began to encircle the ship. “All stop!”

“Scans?” Oliver said likewise in awe of the new vessel.

“Sensors will not penetrate that liquid!” the operations officer called out.

The Captain slowly stood up. “Let’s see if they lik...” the Captains words were cut off as an ear shattering sound rolls through the ship just as a alien vessel seems to pulse a bright white for a brief moment. “Report!”

“I believe we were just scanned!” the operations officer said rubbing one of their ears.

“Captain I’m pick up…..” The ship rocked hard suddenly as something struck it. “They’ve fired something at us!” he said as he regained his footing.

“Evasive Maneuvers!” Oliver called.

“Return Fire!” the Captain Barked!

“Shields are down to 95%!” the Tactical Officer called. “Returning fire!”

The ships phasers played over the vessels shields and seemed to send a gout of evaporation into space, the torpedoes fired seemed to be swallowed by the liquid, then more evaporation and cast off from the explosion, but no discernable damage. Another hard hit was returned by the Alien vessel in response, the vessel shook and sparks shot from some of the consoles on the bridge sending the pungent odor of burnt electronics into the air.

“Shields Down to 80%!”

“Reroute Auxiliary Power to the shields!” Oliver Called out over the alarms and hurried voices.

“Sir the Lake Stevens!” the operations officer called out. On the viewscreen the Galaxy Class ship was turning away and heading towards the planet. “She’s retreating!”

“They’ve taken heavy damage sir, systems are beginning to fail, they appear to have lost main power.” The Tactical officer said.

“Hail them!” the Captain barked.

“Helm, move us between the Stevens and the alien ves…” his voice was drowned out by the gasps on the bridge as a massive beam of energy lanced out slicing an angry red jagged line across the ships saucer all the way across the amidships hull and impulse engines to the port warp nacelle. The lights on the vessel began to darken, and the Nacelle began to spill drive plasma from the damaged area as well as the vents.

“Continue firing!” the Captain barked at the Tactical officer. “Attack pattern Omega!” he hollered at the bridge crew. Anger was creeping into his voice.

“The Texas just took two, they are not doing so well!” the operations officer shouted. “They just signaled requesting a coordinated attack over open channel!”

“Confirm via Text, tell them to follow our lead. Tactical Target one of those weapon systems and give it everything we’ve got!” he shouted. The alien vessel began to loom large on the viewscreen.

Another blast from the zipped past the viewscreen and held for a short time.

“In Range!” the tactical officer called.

“FIRE!” the Captain barked.

The Viewscreen lit up as both the Texas and their weapons plowed into the enemy vessel. A massive cloud of steam, neon liquid and debris floated free but the liquid just simply closed around the wound. The vessel fired two more of its weapons at them.

“Evasive!” Oliver yelled, but it was too late.
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

The two balls of energy slammed into the ship, one of them must have gotten some through the shields as alarms for decompression and other rang through the bridge. “Damage Report!” the Captain called picking himself up off the floor.

“Hull Breach on deck 4! Shields are down to sixty four percent. They got us good on th… “Another teeth jarring hit came this one was worse than the last, it sent everyone flying across the bridge as the vessel suddenly changed directions. Deep within the ship there were explosions which vibrated through the hull and floor.

“We’ve lost the Warp Field, the starboard warp Nacelle took a direct hit!” the helmsman called as she pulled herself back into her seat.

“Aft Torpedo’s are offline, shields are down to twenty eight percent!”

“Multiple hull beaches, emergency force fields are in place.”

‘INCOMING!” someone yelled.

Explosions ripped through the bridge pitching bodies all over the place some recovered quickly a few didn’t move. The entire left side of the bridge was on fire and a jagged hole where a console once stood was the culprit. An EPS power conduit must have ruptured. Oliver scanned the bridge and spotted his Captain, his body not moving not far from the man’s chair. A large portion of the overhead superstructure lay across his body. “Captain!” he yelled moving quickly over to where the man lay.

“Oliver!” the mans voice was labored. Blood was bubbling up through his mouth. “Ollie!” he said, his free hand reached out and grabbed his uniform. “Save them!” he said, and his body went limp.

Oliver felt overwhelmed suddenly, his mentor was gone the chaos on the bridge seemed to fall away. He knew the crew was busy fighting that fire and trying to get control of the ship. He stared at the man, his beard red with blood.

“Commander?” he heard the helmsman call to him.

He slowly looked up. “Yes?”

“Helm control has been restored, Engineering is reporting were on our way to a Warp core breach ourselves. The core has been damaged. Containment is going to fail. We need to abandon ship!” she said.

He slowly stood up and walked over to the helm dropping into the chair. “All hands this is Acting Captain Savage. All hands to emergency Escaped Pods, all hands Abandon ship!” he said and glanced over at her. “I’ll be right behind you!” he said nodding.

“What’s the plan Captain!” he heard his tactical officer ask him as he too was now back at his station.

“You’re going to get off the ship with the rest of the crew.” He ran his hands across the ships helm controls the helm was sluggish. “Computer Reroute all remaining power including live support to the shields, weapons, and propulsion.” He watches as the escaped pods all around the ship began to depart. “Lock us down one close to the bridge will you!” he asked hazarding a glance back at the tactical officer.

“Aye,” he started working on something.

“Where going to give them a parting gift!”

“The Texas just gave the Lake Stevens a nudge towards the alien vessel. They’ve taken heavy damage as well.”

Oliver looked up and saw the Lake Stevens go past them towards the Alien vessel. It fired into the hulk and then it exploded. The vessel wasn’t nearly close enough to do enough damage but it was enough. “Give them everything we’ve got left, even the blasted kitchen sink!” he ran his hands across the console an started the ship forward. Their trajectory would take them past the enemy vessel. “Computer Eject the Warp Core Ejection Hatch and the hatches for the Antimatter pods. Prepare to release them on my command.”

“You weren’t kidding!” the tactical officer was now hard at work launching everything they had at the alien vessel.

The ship shook hard as two blasts from the enemy vessel hit them. It caused Oliver to nearly go head first over the helm but he managed to hold on. “Shields?”

“Not much left!” the tactical officer yelled.

The vessel shook violently again as two more shots hit them. He began watching the range quickly dwindle down between the two vessels.

“I’ve lost weapons!” the tactical officer yelled. “Shields are failing!”

Oliver began rolling the vessel as they were very close. “Computer Release the Warp Core and Antimatter pods!” he put the ship on a curved course away from the Enemy vessel and as he was getting out of his chair and the lights flickered all over the ship and died the vessel was nailed hard sending the two of them flying through the bridge as gravity cut out for a brief moment.

“Emergency Power online!” the computers voice echoed through the nearly dead ship.

“Come on!” Oliver yelled as he dragged his aching body up and rushed forward of the Helm and operations console. He hauled the hatch to the Jefferies tube access open. His tactical officer was right behind him, a streaming head wound was his reward. They slid down the ladder to deck two and ran out into the corridor to find it was a huge mess. They climbed their way through the structural damage and came to the Escape pod. Strapping into it Oliver hit the hatch door and auto sequence. “Enjoy the ride!”

The emergency ejection sequence was not the most enjoyable but it was used in case of emergencies like this one. He had preset the Planet Lyshan III as their destination, and held onto the acceleration couch.

“Emergency Ejection Sequence initiated. Three…two…One…” The outside hatch blew free and the sudden acceleration slammed both of them into their acceleration couches. It had been designed to get the escape pod away from a ship who’s warp Core was about to go. This was no exception and right on queue. There was a bright flash outside and the Escape pod was hit by the shockwave. It suddenly went tumbling through space. Oliver’s vision blurred, read and black continued to creep into his sight until finally everything went dark.

The sound of reentry woke Oliver but briefly, what came next was both terrifying and painful. It came in bits and pieces. Screaming, straining metal, Impacts, Snapping of wood, Water, then more darkness. Oliver wasn’t sure how long it was before he woke, his uniform was soaked and he lay suspended by his restraints. Rain was drizzling through a gash in the side of the escape pod. The sound of rushing water became clear, as his eyes cleared he could see what appeared to be a forest outside of the damaged craft. He slowly snaked his hands up and hit the release on his restraints which sent him to the bottom of the craft. Orienting himself to gravity he sat there for a long while allowing blood to flow back through the rest of his body.

Aside from cuts and bruises and what he was sure was a concussion and some bruised or broken ribs he was alright. He slowly moved over to check on the tactical officer who was still in their acceleration couch restrained.
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Hopefully that provides you with some inspiration. 8-) See you tomorrow night!

Feel free to post your own character's experience if you've decided where your character is starting from. Any one of the three ships, consider yourself a Junior officer.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

"So, uh, you're gonna die. Um, if there's some kind of afterlife, and that's assuming a lot, and it's a kind of thing where all the dead people can, like, hang out with each other, maybe we can hang out? Well, you wouldn't want to hang out with the guy who was an annoying pain in your side and made your own death about himself, I'm not making this about myself, am I? Wait, why am I trying to get you to talk to me; you're probably too busy, you know, dying. My brother, who's a Tactical Officer on another Starfleet ship, was technically dead for about 8 minutes when he was 7. We were both in a pretty nasty car crash. I know, a car crash! Seems kind of quaint now. Anyway, before they resuscitated him, he said that dying was an oddly comfortable thing. He could feel his individual parts of his body shut down; it was like time itself slowed down or some shit. And while this was going on, he wasn't angry or scared or anything. He felt...detached, like he was performing his own autopsy. As the blood rushing to brain got cut off, and his brain shut down, his last thoughts were just, what'd he call it? Bemused indifference. I don't know if that's something that'll make you feel better, but it's something."

The comm connection to the officer left aboard the U.S.S. Texas had been dead for 3 minutes, but Johnny Cleveland was still talking. He was jammed into a tight escape pod that was sent spinning and flying after a massive shockwave sent everything reeling. Somehow, through pure determination, Johnny Cleveland was still awake, and still jabbering on.

"It just hit me that because your body is probably gonna explode, your family is kind of screwed in terms of the funeral. There's definitely some protocol for that, but I'm not sure what it is. Maybe they just bury an empty box. Maybe there's like a company that makes dummies or something that look like dead people, so families can bury something. I hope those dummies are biodegradable. If my dad or my brother or my mother or anyone else in my family exploded, I don't know what I'd do. Would I go with the dummy option, or just do an empty box, or just do nothing? If there's no body, maybe there'll be no funeral, right? I hate funerals. Been to all 4 of my grandparents. When I die, I want no funeral. No forcing my family to deal with the weirdos who run funeral homes. (I mean come on, who'd choose to take care of dead people for a living?) No people in the front row making some big display of sobbing or whatever. No people in the back row who barely even knew me and feel guilty for not caring more. I just want to be someone that people remember and think: "Hey. That Johnny Cleveland was a cool guy." That's it."

Johnny Cleveland wasn't sure when he stopped talking to the crew member and started talking to himself. The sounds of the escape pod were deafening. Opening his eyes hurt, so Johnny kept them closed.

The next thing Johnny Cleveland remembered was the impact. Or rather, what he was thinking during the impact: "I still have that confiscated bottle of booze in my pocket." It would have been a rather stupid last thought.

It took Johnny Cleveland an hour to realize he was still alive. After briefly opening his eyes and seeing some kind of forest, he promptly assumed that this was the afterlife, and since he'd be here for all eternity, he could afford to sleep in. When he woke up 60 minutes later, Johnny noticed he was in the escape pod. Slowly, he pieced together what had happened. Pulling himself out of the pod, he began to start smiling, and then chuckling, and then laughing which turned into shrill cackling.

"YEAH! ALL RIGHT! YOU CAN'T KILL JOHNNY CLEVELAND! YOU HEAR ME YOU MOTHERFUCKERS?" Johnny screamed while shaking his fist at the sky, "YOU CAN'T KILL JOHNNY GODDAMN CLEVELAND!"
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 5
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hey y'all, I don't think I'll be able to take part this week. I look forward to seeing what I missed though, have fun. :)
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

It's all good Jay, we will keep you up to date and you can hop back in next week or whenever you are able. :)

Oh and it's almost time!!!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Good Sim Guys and Gals. I know it was a small group but holiday weekends have that tendency. I hope you have a great week, Happy Fathers day to anyone who might be. Thanks for coming, we'll see what happens next during our visit to Lyshan III.

Log/Update will be forthcoming. If anyone wants me to email them a copy of the chat I can do that.

Until Next week...
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 7

Post by S~V~S »

RIP Anton Yelchin
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

A sad day to be sure. 8-(
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Mission Update: To get things going for us this coming Saturday 6/25/2016 -

It has been about 4 hours since Johnny Cleveland ran into what is believed to be the aggressive alien species. A heavy effort was spent getting both the camps defenses and shelters have been set up. Materials have been gathered enough that a roof has been erected over part of the camp, a few of the escape pods were able to be moved using what power and fuel was available to help with shelter efforts. It's starting to get dark, angry clouds are on the horizon and its starting to rain with a light wind having picked up. More people are showing up regularly from the woods in the dark.

Key Points of Interest:
As of right now there are about 83 Survivors in the camp. 61 from the Lake Stevens, 13 from the Syndicate, and 9 from the Texas.

Communicators are not working currently due to interference in the atmosphere. Its unknown what is causing it but it appears the signal is being reflected back.

No recent sightings of the big kitty Johnny Cleveland saw, or signs of movement at all. The forest all around appears quiet. No Birds, Bugs, or animals.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

soooo, when's the game going to start?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

We're getting a late start due to Alex and I being late because of my job, anyone else want to come jump in a little late? we can use some more players.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Thank you to all those who attended.

So we've got a coming vote off or a "Command Level" decision on a tie breaker on the ship class. Now we need to get a name set. Here is a list which we will set up a vote for here soon.

Space Daisy Recommended: Varuna, Lakshmi, Hanuman, Mitra, Saranyu, Aruna, Chandra, Soma
Dharma Recommended: Mandrake, Mandolin, Opal, and Heisenberg
SokothQultuq Recommeded: Vally Forge, Seattle, Texas, Lake Stevens, Paul F. Foster, Kitsune, Tempest, Valhalla, Lexington, Midway
A friend of Sokoth Recommended: Indominable, Dauntless, Achilles, and Arcon.

I think INH gave me a few suggestions but I cannot find them.

Anything stand out to you? Any you want to include? Any you feel we should drop right off? Let me know what you think.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I don't wanna vote on the name cuz I'm biased.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Let a third party panel choose?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote:Let a third party panel choose?
Which of those is your favorite and why is it Mandolin?

ImageImage
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Here are my Greek mythology influenced ship name suggestions.
insertnamehere wrote:But seriously:

U.S.S. Aeolus

U.S.S. Orcus

U.S.S. Anemoi

and my personal favorite...

the U.S.S. Urania, named after the daughter of Zeus and the Muse of Astrology. She's also a figure used in Milton's Paradise Lost, and many astrological landmarks and observatories have been named in honor of her.

Also, if we use that name, we can use this as the cheesy-ass theme song:
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I like Urania

ImageImage
ImageImage
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

I like Urania as well, and I also like the idea of getting some 3rd Party involvement. LOL

I'm open to suggestions on how to do that. Perhaps Daisy or MovingPics can help with that.

But we need to get a name and settle on a class since we still have a tie technically. Now Saint (Cj) has joined us he tossed a verbal vote for Galaxy Class. So unless someone ties the vote or goes another direction we are probably going through with that.

Once we get the name more things will happen so the sooner the better.

I should have a log out here tonight or tomorrow at the very latest.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

SokothQultuq wrote:I like Urania as well, and I also like the idea of getting some 3rd Party involvement. LOL

I'm open to suggestions on how to do that. Perhaps Daisy or MovingPics can help with that.

But we need to get a name and settle on a class since we still have a tie technically. Now Saint (Cj) has joined us he tossed a verbal vote for Galaxy Class. So unless someone ties the vote or goes another direction we are probably going through with that.

Once we get the name more things will happen so the sooner the better.

I should have a log out here tonight or tomorrow at the very latest.
I'll call in the Calvary....
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Since the class is decided (Galaxy class) I am changing the poll to reflect suggested names. I'll ask the Ambassadors and Moderators to come cast their vote to help us decide once I do.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Golden »

Boom. In vote order - Tempest, Aruna, Dauntless.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

#keepshakespearealive

#goldenandIhavestormysouls
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Dang it, I misspelled Indomitable. Missed an n. Blah.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Spacedaisy wrote:Dang it, I misspelled Indomitable. Missed an n. Blah.
:ohyeah: Why do you think I voted for it?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

For the record my best suggestion which wasn't included for some reason was Kevin Spaceyship

ImageImage
ImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by G-Man »

Top Choice: Mandrake- It has a very cool ring to it.

#2: Tempest- Because my first car was a 1966 Pontiac Tempest

#3: Dauntless- Because it sounds like a good name for a bold, exploring vessel even though there's a lot of s's going on in there.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

It's almost time!!! :omg:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Voted :noble:
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Thank you for voting S~V~S!

I have as well. I say we give it until Wednesday July 6th and settle on the one that has the highest vote count. I really do like Tempest, thats a good name.
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Alright, she's officially the USS Tempest, Galaxy Class Starship.

I will be using some of the other voted names for her support craft. 8-)

Thank you all who voted. Now the real fun begins.
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

To be more precise...

USS Tempest NCC-1852-A (There was already a version previously mentioned out there. Not cannon but why not...LOL Gives her a bit of history, speaking of which... )
Galaxy Class (Upgraded)
Originally launched on January 3, 2365 with Captain L'nar in command. Her recently deceased commanding officer was Captain Gregory David Philips.
She's got a few years on her, but a Yard period is in her future to get her back space worthy again.

A little history:
USS Tempest: Civil War Era Gun Boat (Mississippi River) – Year: 1862
USS Tempest: Monitor Class Sailing Ship – Year: 1869
USS Tempest PC-2: Cyclone Class Patrol Boat - Decommissioned: Sept 2005
NCC-1852: Miranda Class - Decommissioned: March 2281
NCC-1852-A: Galaxy Class (Currently In Service) <----- This would be us. LOL
NCC-1852-C: Sovereign Class (Future – There is already one on record in 2381)

So we have a Captains Yacht which will be so named: USS Mandrake NCC-75418

There will be 4 Runabouts on board 2 of which are pre-configured with sleeping quarters on board and 2 of them that are not.
USS Urania NCC-92707
USS Dauntless NCC-92708
USS Aruna NCC-92709
USS Kevin Spaceshipy NCC-92712 (Because why not... LOL)

Once we get a place to put up the ships specifications I can get those up. I'm slowly putting that together, if you can think of anything you would like to see, big ship, lots of room.

We also have a "Ten Forward" Lounge that we need a Name for at some point too.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

SokothQultuq wrote:
We also have a "Ten Forward" Lounge that we need a Name for at some point too.
Maybe Soma?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Soma?
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

From the above poll:
U.S.S. Soma - also Hindu god of the moon, related to fermented drinks as well
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

LOL ::Smacks forhead:: Derp!

So something like the "Soma Lounge" or something of that nature?
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Just a reminder, Sim tonight at 7PM Pacific, 10PM Eastern. I should be on time now that I've got my days right. LOL
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

15 More Minutes to Sim time!
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Pre Sim Information:
As Johnny Cleveland and Sully awaken they find themselves in a damp cave like structure, the smell of saltwater fills the air. They both find themselves bound to flat rock slabs, tight binding material much the consistency of sea weed wrapped around them and the rock. Their bodies feel as if they cannot move anyhow, it’s as if they were given a paralytic. A creature, large an imposing is nearby moving their hands around in a tank full of aqua blue fluid, it almost glows.
The creature which you wager is about nine and half foot-tall hovers over Johnny, its features remind you of a cross between a cow and a fish. It has scales like a fish, gills, but it has the features of a cow. It runs a device across Johnny’s body then moves back over to the tank pulling what looks very much like a star fish from the tank then moves back over pulling Johnny’s mouth open and dropping the thing on it. As much as he wants to move, yell, scream at the thing he can’t as his body is immobile.
There is a brief moment of panic as he feels something force its way down his throat, a sharp pain but only briefly. The cow like creature lifts Johnny gently from the stone and he’s suddenly dropped into a deep tank of water where he is met by another of those cat like creatures he met before and took several shots at. This one grabs him and drags him along towards the bottom of the tank until he’s pushed against an upright slab in front of three aging cats, all with grey scales, long whiskers. Shortly after Sully joins him in front of them.
Johnny & Sully both notice that they are breathing fine under water. There are several sounds that can be heard in the water, slowly those sounds become words and are intelligible. It’s almost like a universal translator has suddenly been turned on.
“What species are you?”

Return to “U.S.S. Tempest (Syndicate Sim)”