U.S.S. Tempest - Out Of Character

Moderators: SokothQultuq, Spacedaisy

DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 50

Re: U.S.S. Tempest - Out Of Character

Post by DharmaHelper »

SokothQultuq wrote:Alright folks, here is our first present from Star Trek: Engage. We've got a ship patch:
hopefully you can see that, if not let me know and i'll put it in my photobucket later and post a new image. This is one of the things they do for each of their ships. I hope you like it, both Annie and I do. Really excited!
Gonna have to photobucket that but I'll take your word on it.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 24

Post by insertnamehere »

Boldly going where no man has gone before

WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Spoiler: show

Image Image Image
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 74

Post by Spacedaisy »

:haha: Good times!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
SokothQultuq
Henchman
Posts in topic: 125

Post by SokothQultuq »

Merry Christmas all.

First I want to take a moment to apologize to you for not being able to communicate about the sim, I was locked out of my account on the Mafia boards so I apologize. Annie saved me though because she's awesome. Next week's sim will be canceled due to the holiday as well. But we will resume again on January 7, 2017. Not only will we be picking back up, but we should be officially launched with ST:E. We should have our own IRC room and a forum for us to post in and read for mission updates and such.

Our sponsor into ST:E Aoibhe has started advertising our activity on Facebook actively with her resources and its been kinda fun seeing her posting. If you want to your welcome to Search me out on Facebook under the name "Daniel Ratterree" and I'll friend ya and you can see as well.

So one thing that ST:E encourages is Logs. Some people don't enjoy making logs reflecting back on things but I do. I think it's good for the story, and in ST:E it helps with advancement so I would encourage you to at least occasionally make a log. Here is a place for us to Temporarily post logs if we'd like until we have an official forum in our ships name: http://forums.startrekengage.com/viewfo ... 294d031fb6 this is where the encourage unassigned characters or new people who have not been posted or future characters that are in limbo to go to post in.

Have fun with your Logs, make them your own thing. Remember to keep OOC comments separate from IC because these logs are for IC primarily.

So I will be in the syndicate chat just in case anyone has problems getting into the IRC and in case for some reason it's not available at that point.

I look forward to seeing you in the new year to come.

Daniel
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Glorfindel »

Hey, Guys :)

I've just been over to ST:E and logged my first... well... log! I must confess to being quite confused about this element of our new home. For anyone who has watched any series of the show, logs are like personal reflections of events - somewhat like a diary entry - which to me, makes complete sense. They seem to want something entirely different - like a detailed personal perspective of what happened during our time together in the Sim which to me makes very little sense and has serves even less useful purpose... :shrug:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Glorfindel that log you made was great! I think logs are up tot he individual and how they should be done. I do mine the way I do because it makes sense because i believe in it the way you do. I also try and make my Captains log a more professional telling and a personal log for all those unprofessional thing's I'll likely say. You'll likely see more of those from me in the future. Especially now. But your log was great. Thank you for doing that!
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

SokothQultuq wrote:Glorfindel that log you made was great! I think logs are up tot he individual and how they should be done. I do mine the way I do because it makes sense because i believe in it the way you do. I also try and make my Captains log a more professional telling and a personal log for all those unprofessional thing's I'll likely say. You'll likely see more of those from me in the future. Especially now. But your log was great. Thank you for doing that!
Thank you so much for your encouragement, Sir. You are a fine Captain and I'm very proud to be a member of your crew :bighug: Can't wait for us to pick up where we left off! :nicenod:

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Sorry, Guys... I couldn't resist... :(

SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Yup, were going to be picking back up as our first official week with ST:E this coming Saturday, January 7th, 2017. Same time, but new channel. The theory is we should be over on the new site, using the IRC chat. You should be able ot access it by logging into your account on ST:E and using the portal to get to the chat. I'll be doing a quick update/log here either tonight or tomororw just to sum up what happened last which I will post both here and over on the ST:E site. Hope to see you all Saturday!
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

They're advertising us over at ST:E as the next mission but our ship still isn't listed as an option to select from the drop down list in the IRC Subspace chat access box... :shrug:

insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Are we a-go for tonight?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

We are a go tonight, and the IRC should be up and running about 10-15 minutes prior to game time.
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Just in case you can also log into the Chatngo one as well until the new one is up.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I'm signed onto the player portal at ST:E and the Chatango as well. :) Ready to go either way.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Glorf you'll have to join any channel in the list on the ST:E site then once the chat loads just type /join #ST_MissionRoom1 and then once that loads type in /join #SomaLounge and that willg et you in.
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

So a proposal was sent to me by the Leadership at ST:E, they have another sim called Sigma Rho which is there center piece Space Station. It's apparently been struggling badly and the Game Director has not had the time to dedicate to the activity that he would like. They are offering to merge our two activities and give us control over Sigma Rho in addition to the Tempest.

Essentially we would be running missions on both Tempest and storylines on the Space Station Sigma Rho. Much like the Dynamic between Deep Space Nine and the Defiant.

We would gain 2 more players in the process that would come over from the Rho, everyone retains their positions so you don't have to worry about that. We would just be put at a central point within ST:E as sort of a Jump off point for other ships, potential for joint missions with other activities and such.

I'd like to know how you feel about this idea. I wont say yes unless all agree that it is ok. This just means you'll be a department head of both the station and ship for your specific department as you are now. Just more NPCs to rule over. LOL

Thinks about this, and let me know your feelings. Don't hesitate to ask question's and I will find out from our friends over at ST:E and get back to you.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

If it means we'd have to do more than one session a week I can't. :P

ImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

DharmaHelper wrote:If it means we'd have to do more than one session a week I can't. :P
That was my question too, and the answer is no we won't need to do any other sessions. It just means our sim will encompass both the Tempest and the station. We may have story lines that take place on either one or both. I kind of like the variety it might offer us.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

That is correct, we will only be doing 1 session, same Day/Time we've been doing it.
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Great job tonight guys, sorry I had to up and disappear there at the end I got pulled away from my computer. Thank you again for coming tonight.

I will try and get the chat log saved to my Facebook Group and then I will post it here for DH and Annie to look at when they have time. Sorry you guys couldn't have been there. Great stuff happened between Johnny and Corky. Some great Material and interaction between Trost and Emily. Our mission is taking shape.

Those logs you've written are fantastic, all of you. Like I said in OOC, I'm going to have to step up my game to keep up with ya'll! This is going to be fun!

I'm really enjoying CJ as our Game Director he's been doing a great job engaging everyone, at least that is my impression.

Thank you Glorf for your patience and understanding with the Technical issues. I'm so very glad you were able to join us tonight. You might not have been able to get into OOC chat but we got the job done and your performance tonight was very good!
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Thanks, Daniel :bighug: I really thought the 'technical issues' would spoil everything for me but in spite of them, I had a great time! It was heaps of fun and I'm a little surprised at how well the storyline developed so quickly. No doubt we're still feeling our way, but I'm really looking forward to next week! :nicenod:

SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

I've gotten a request from CJ, he's trying to get some things organized while we wait for him to get access to the things he needs on the website. He's asked if we would provide him with our individual E-Mail addresses. If your comfortable with providing this I would appreciate it. You can PM me with your's to keep it private. Or if you don't want to give it just PM me and let me know and we'll work things out a different way if needed.

Thanks guys for working with this. I realize it's not perfect but I think were building something great here!
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Starting to catch up on my Audio Logs again. These are some that I just finished today.

This one is from Mission 16, Shakedown Part 4 -

And here is Mission 16 - Shakdown part 5 -

Both Video's are also linked in their respective logs now too.
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

I've updated the crew roster listed under the Personnel Files forum to reflect everyone's positions and added NPCs to the list that are reoccuring. I'm actually going to try and keep track of some of the ones we use often enough. If you want someone added to the list now or for future use your welcome to post here or PM me names and information. Especially if they are family. I even added CJ as our SM. In light of recent events with ST:E I thought it was a good idea to get caught up with some maintenance over here. Since I am certain our days with ST:E are slim, and something new is coming down the pipe.

So until further notice we will be meeting back over on the Chatingo Application for our future activities until we find out what our new thing is going to be.

Thank you guys for being patient and flexible. This was an obvious unforseen setback. I'm kinda hoping we can use that new IRC program Annie found. We just might need a room of our own. I donno how we could make one even if temporary maybe DH can enlighten or hook us up.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

SokothQultuq wrote:I've updated the crew roster listed under the Personnel Files forum to reflect everyone's positions and added NPCs to the list that are reoccuring. I'm actually going to try and keep track of some of the ones we use often enough. If you want someone added to the list now or for future use your welcome to post here or PM me names and information. Especially if they are family. I even added CJ as our SM. In light of recent events with ST:E I thought it was a good idea to get caught up with some maintenance over here. Since I am certain our days with ST:E are slim, and something new is coming down the pipe.

So until further notice we will be meeting back over on the Chatingo Application for our future activities until we find out what our new thing is going to be.

Thank you guys for being patient and flexible. This was an obvious unforseen setback. I'm kinda hoping we can use that new IRC program Annie found. We just might need a room of our own. I donno how we could make one even if temporary maybe DH can enlighten or hook us up.
What happened with ST:E?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

@INH - ST:E had a management issue which is why we had some many problems integrating into them. CJ and Aohbie have been pushed out by James the site overlord. So were going to withdraw from ST:E and follow CJ and Aohbie and help them start something better without a douchebag admin.

A question was posed to me and I'm going to likewise answer it here. It was: Should we continue to do logs?

I have never made it a manditory function of playing in my games in the past. ST:E did require it, which was something we were willing to do. Though you still didn't have to it would just reflect in your advancement scores. So I encouraged it and so did they. But I believe that they do add an extra level of depth, not only to the story but to your characters. And it honestly does not take too terribly long to write something that recaps events and your feelings. I encourage you to decide if you want to keep doing them, I think what you guys have done has been great and I encourage you to continue writing them as I feel it would bring something special to the story. The choice is ultimately yours. Even if you decide to just write them periodically.

As far as ST:E is concerned, I told CJ we were going to pull back from ST:E and he advised just exiting altogether. So I think that is what were going to do. We all experienced the issues that ST:E had and become of one person. I truly believe that Aohbie and CJ did everything they could to get us integrated and as quickly as possible. The road block was clearly the Administrator. He still hasn't added our ship to the IRC as a join-able room. Were still not listed in the Forums. It took them bugging him to get admin rights to just get us assigned to our ship, and our ranks put in. Otherwise this would have been done long ago. So I think we know where the oddball in this was. It will mean starting from scratch and building a new club, website, etc, but I believe that the two of them are determined. I'm going to help however I can. Once the ball gets rolling on their end if you'd like to see this grow and faster if you have skills they can use when the time is right your welcome to offer. It can be exciting.

From what I can tell CJ seems dedicated to continuing with us so one way or another the show is going to continue. But we will have a chance to be part of a new beginning as far as this club is concerned. It's a great opportunity.

If you have questions or concerns please, please do not hesitate to voice them either here or in a PM to me and or Annie even. We'll get you answers. I suspect that CJ will join the Syndicate site if he hasn't already and will likely chime in. Right now I know CJ and Aobhie are taking a couple of days to decompress. Then the work begins.
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

To cover the question of Crew Logs. If you wish to keep writing them, please just post them in the "Crew Logs" Board along with mine. It will make them easier to read because they will fall within the same time frame as the Captains logs too.

This board --> http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 178&t=1099

Thanks again guys for working with us on this.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I can't claim any part in directing us to mibbit. DH has been using it for ages for game stuff and for Rev Mafia irc stuff.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I can get a channel set up in like two seconds, just lemme know when you settle on the details :D

ImageImage
ImageImage
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

If you can get something set up even temporary and post how to log in here, we can have it ready for people to do come Saturday.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

go to chat.mibbit.com or your preferred IRC client

set the Server to "Rizon"

Type "#STEngage" into the channel box

Connect. Bam.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

DharmaHelper wrote:go to chat.mibbit.com or your preferred IRC client

Connect. Bam.
Sorry, my friend - this didn't work for me. I got an error: "rizon: Could not resolve Hostname."

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Glorfindel wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:go to chat.mibbit.com or your preferred IRC client

Connect. Bam.
Sorry, my friend - this didn't work for me. I got an error: "rizon: Could not resolve Hostname."
Christ alive you really do have the worst luck with computers.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Technically that's my fault, I mispoke

Set the "CONNECT" Tab to say "Rizon [webirc]"

Don't mess with "Server" or anything.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

DharmaHelper wrote:Technically that's my fault, I mispoke

Set the "CONNECT" Tab to say "Rizon [webirc]"

Don't mess with "Server" or anything.
OK, works fine! Thank ye! :beer:

SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Posted my Captains Log, and updated the log link list 8-)

I also updated some of our Timeline to include some of the events that have happened. Will continue to do so as I'm way behind. But I"ll get caught up.
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

So I must ask you all to do me a favor, when you have a chance I could and would appreciate you posting your Character Biographies in the board associated with them. This is important as it can help the Sim Master/Game director in using such information to use things within them in the stories we play in. Plus it also gives the rest of us a good look at who your character is.

As I've said before, it does not have to be as detailed as I got in mine. But some details about your character would be appreciated. You can post something and continue to add to it as you go too. So I encourage you to please post a Biography when you can.

Thank you!
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Sim night! :omg:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Ok, so I went over and pulled all of your logs from ST:E and added them into mine where they seemed to fit. If you need me to move something around or format it a certain way let me know. This way it saves your logs and puts them in line with the rest of them.

I updated the Crew Roster, and Specifications to reflect our Jump into the future.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

SokothQultuq wrote:Ok, so I went over and pulled all of your logs from ST:E and added them into mine where they seemed to fit. If you need me to move something around or format it a certain way let me know. This way it saves your logs and puts them in line with the rest of them.

I updated the Crew Roster, and Specifications to reflect our Jump into the future.
Great work, Daniel! Thank you :D

FRX51
Posts in topic: 7

Post by FRX51 »

Hello all!

This is CJ, finally getting around to posting here (I don't have internet in my apartment; it's a long story).

I sent out an email the other day for all players who were interested in joining my and Aoibhe's next move. After taking some time off after the STE situation, we've begun to discuss ideas for the next iteration of the game. Before getting into anything concrete, we discussed what we wanted to be the core principles of the game in order to ensure that it didn't meet the same fate as STE did, and what we came up with a prime directive, if you will (I'm sorry).

We want this next game to be Community-focused, and by that we mean we want everyone to feel some sense of ownership of the game and a sense of community beyond just the ship you play on. Our aim is to have as few unilateral decisions as possible, while also not letting the game get bogged down by requiring all decisions to be made by committee. We're working out what that will look like, but the main idea is that we want every player to be able to give input into the game, whether it's overall lore decisions, design elements (new ships, weapons, etc.), or development of the website.

And we want to start that right away. Before we can secure a domain or set up a message board, we need a name for our game, and I'm soliciting every player on our list for suggestions. I'll be taking them through the weekend and then put them in a Google doc on Monday. We'll have everyone vote for the one they like best, and the one that gets the most votes wins.

So far we've received the following suggestions:

Star Trek: Above & Beyond
Star Trek: Ad Astra
Star Trek: Beyond The Stars
Star Trek: The Bold

If you have any you'd like to add, go ahead and post it here or send me a PM. I'll post a link to the doc once I've got it set up, and we'll take votes throughout the week. We'll announce the winner next weekend.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'll see you all tonight :)

CJ
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Star Trek: New Horizon

ImageImage
ImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Star Trek: The New Frontier

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I have a log of the last sim saved and I'll post it as soon as I can.

The different colored texts won't show up though, just fair warning.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I see glorf joined me in putting his Trek character as his avatar.

ImageImage
ImageImage
FRX51

Post by FRX51 »

What up, Gs?

Sorry this is a little late, but I got the Google doc with the name suggestions made, and linked below. If each of you could visit it and leave a comment with your preferred option, that would be awesome. I'll be taking votes until Friday at 9pm. I'll then tally up the votes and announce the winner either shortly after that, or sometime on Saturday. If you have any issues leaving a comment, let me know!

New Name Poll!
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

DharmaHelper wrote:Star Trek: New Horizon
I don't wish to appear pedantic, XO but there is no horizon in outer space... :confused2:

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

FRX51 wrote:What up, Gs?

Sorry this is a little late, but I got the Google doc with the name suggestions made, and linked below. If each of you could visit it and leave a comment with your preferred option, that would be awesome. I'll be taking votes until Friday at 9pm. I'll then tally up the votes and announce the winner either shortly after that, or sometime on Saturday. If you have any issues leaving a comment, let me know!

New Name Poll!
Google doc? You want me to do what? :haha:

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Glorfindel wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Star Trek: New Horizon
I don't wish to appear pedantic, XO but there is no horizon in outer space... :confused2:
NICE PROMOTION YA GOT THERE

WOULD BE A SHAME IF SOMETHING WERE TO

HAPPEN TO IT

ImageImage
ImageImage
FRX51

Post by FRX51 »

Glorfindel wrote:Google doc? You want me to do what? :haha:
You're breakin' my balls here, Glorf. These are the options. Tell me which one you prefer and I'll be sure to add it to the final count.

Star Trek: Above & Beyond

Star Trek: Ad Astra

Star Trek: Beyond The Stars

Star Trek: The Bold

Star Trek: New Horizon

Star Trek: The New Frontier

Star Trek: Phoenix

Return to “U.S.S. Tempest (Syndicate Sim)”