U.S.S. Tempest - Out Of Character

Moderators: SokothQultuq, Spacedaisy

SokothQultuq
Henchman
Posts in topic: 125

Re: U.S.S. Tempest - Out Of Character

Post by SokothQultuq »

Hey All,

I wanted to apologize for not being able to make this last weeks get together, my family made an unanticipated change of my Nephews birthday party which I agreed to help with. So I was unable to get online and in the process I didnt get a chance to post anything letting you know. Normally I would but I was so busy I completely spaced it. So I do apologize. We will resume our regularly scheduled programming next weekend Saturday the 23rd. Hope you see you there.
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

So for your Regulars who are coming more frequently if you have a position preference on where you'd like to be specifically or what role you'd like to be in primarily and whenever possible please send me a PM with those requests.

For those of you who will be coming and going I would like the same, preferably a top 3 position requests this way I know what you'd like to be posted too whenever possible. You can see who's been essentially permanently positioned under the bio's page where a Roster has been started. But this will help as we start to get more people coming and going from the SIM.
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

So I know were still pretty early into this but I would like to get some input from you. I have a direction planned for us to fit with the Exploration setting you've asked for.

What would you like to see in the SIm? Are there specific things you'd like to see? Events you'd like to take part in? Old Episodes that there was never really an answer to that you'd like to see a creative response too?

If you have specific Character events you want to see realized if you want to let me know what those are. These I would prefer you PM me with so they can remain a surprise.

If you have a storyline idea in mind you'd like to see realized into something you can also send me details and I can figure out how to make it happen and fit it in there. No idea is stupid or wrong. I may need to tweek it to keep it at a specific level so that it works, but the general idea will be there.

Until I can find a semi-Dedicated Sim Master I've got to come up with and chain some story line together. It may become more clear as we get into our actual mission so you know where were going and what our mission is going to be. But please do present ideas.

You don't have to be an active member on the ship to present an idea. If you have an idea that you feel would challenge the crew, your welcome to also submit ideas.

This sim and its story is just as much yours as it is mine. I want to give you all every opportunity to help mold its future. 8-)
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 74

Post by Spacedaisy »

Hey! It's almost time!
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

The Syndicate Sim

Come play, or hang out and watch ... if you're into that kinda thing...
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 24

Post by insertnamehere »

WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Great sim tonight, lots of good stuff! Thanks for coming all!
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Sooo... I was thinking of doing something a bit different with the Captains log... Would like your input. How would you feel if they were an actual voice recording? Basically I would use an audio recording software to record the log add any sound effects, put it up as a "Video" on YouTube and link it here. This sound like something that would add something different and or interesting to this? I may do a few test runs to see how it goes and if its even possible. But I'm curious what you might think.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Sounds interesting
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

So I am going to do the audio logs just as a fun project. But I wont be doing them until I move. Where i stay right now the ambient noise is unavoidable and not conducive to recording voice stuff. But here in the next month or so. I might ask for volunteers for additional voices if your interested and have the means. It would just involve you recording potential scripted things. You can get Audacity for free. Let me know if your willing. So sometime in late Sept, Early Oct. I am going to start doing those old logs into voice recordings.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 50

Post by DharmaHelper »

SokothQultuq wrote:So I am going to do the audio logs just as a fun project. But I wont be doing them until I move. Where i stay right now the ambient noise is unavoidable and not conducive to recording voice stuff. But here in the next month or so. I might ask for volunteers for additional voices if your interested and have the means. It would just involve you recording potential scripted things. You can get Audacity for free. Let me know if your willing. So sometime in late Sept, Early Oct. I am going to start doing those old logs into voice recordings.
I dunno what your set up looks like, but a quick pass through noise reduction in editing helps me with my audio projects. *shrug*
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

I'm using Audacity, I'm using a gaming headset to record. If you know how to do that with Audacity let me know and I"ll give it a try. I'm moved now as of this weekend. I should theoretically be on tonight for the sim if not I will communicate with SpaceDaisy and she can run something fun with you guys tonight. Sorry this last two weeks is a bit hectic with the sudden move. But it will be great! I'm planning on holding a sim tonight if at all possible.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I gotchu fam

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Step One:

While recording, wait 1-3 seconds (enough to let the background noise go for a bit). Then select the section of the recording afterwards with the background noise in it.

Step Two:

Click on "Effect", then "Noise Reduction", then "Grab Noise Profile"

Step 3:

Press Control+A (Or just select the ENTIRE RECORDING), then Click "Effect" then "Nois Reduction", then "OK". NOTE: You can adjust the settings to further reduce the noise if you like.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Captains Log 8/27 -

Nothing to see here. We're all good. Definitely nothing happened. How're you?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Thanks for playing last night guys! Glad we could run a little something. And I am very much looking forward to the launch next week! I'll post a proper log at some point here this week.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Thank you guys for your patience I should be back in my normal schedule this week now that were done physically moving stuff in. So I really appreciate your understanding while this move was kind of unexpected it was going to happen soon enough. So I will be reading the log here in the next couple of days. I heard you broke the ship. I'm sure our new chief engineer is totally excited considering. LOL See you guys on Saturday!
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Alright ladies and gents. Sim Reminder for tonight! 7PM Pacific, 10PM Eastern.

I've updated the logs for the last 3 sims today. Updated the time line with our last few sims so that its up to date as well.

Somewhat Important -

As we jump around time wise as we will to move the story along at times life happens, things break, and people get hurt. Under the Specifications page I've created a place where updates to the ships condition and other little tid bits of info will be kept so that you have some idea on what's going on with the ship. The ship itself is just as much a character in the story as you are. To keep up with the theme of a rush job to get us out and into space I believe that the current status of the ship is about right. Busy work to be done. I will be updating this each week as things develop so a brief glance or keeping this up on a screen and available might be advisable so you know whats broken and other useful information. Any question, just ask here or before sim during Q&A.

Here is a direct link to the Damage Control Post
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

It's that time...

Come play with us!

:omg:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

All caught up on logs, updated the Damage Control Board, Posted an FFN News thingie. This coming Monday I intend on resuming work on my Audio Logs to add to things.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Less than 30 minutes!!

USS Tempest
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Alright, I'm still learning and getting the hang of this but here is Log # 2. Let me know what you think.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Loved that video, Sokoth. I really liked the sound editing and the slow crackling fire really added to the atmosphere.

Keep 'em coming.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

IT'S TIME!!!!

USS Tempest
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Another one done.

I added a little ambiance music at the beginning and end.
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Hey Guys and gals, I do apologize but I will not be attending tonight's sim, something has come up. Please do have some fun though without me. Your welcome to run an off duty RP if you want. Gather up in the Holodeck for an adventure. Something to that nature.

Sorry that I wont be here tonight. I will see you all next weekend.
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

I've got another audio log completed. Skipping around a bit until I figure out what I'm going to do about other voices. Anyone want to volunteer? I believe my roommates might help me with some. But I might need some lines done to add into the logs, until then these are going to be spotty. I did manage to get lines done for one of the other logs so I have 1.5 done. LOL. Anyhow, I hope you enjoy.

SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Got another one done today, so thats 2.5. WOOT

SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Hello All,

In the spirit of being open and honest as I try to be with people whom I work with and enjoy company I want to apologize for last weekend. I am a divorcee, and last weekend was my daughters birthday whom I rarely get to see but maybe once a year because of the distance that separates us. Not to mention that she's still very angry over my divorce. Between her and her mother being in the path of that Hurricane on the East coast and the birthday, I needed to just be with myself. I'm certain you understand. It's very hard for me, but I wanted to apologize to you all for not attending last weekend. While were still struggling to go forward with such a small group right now, each day is important so I do my very best to be present each week. There may be times in the future where I may want a Saturday to myself just as you do but my goal is to be present as often as I can. I know I don't have to share this with you but as we are a team in this, I feel I should be open with you. I do thank you for your understanding and appreciate you all.

I will see you later tonight power permitting. Were in the middle of some potentially bad weather here in the Pacific North West at the moment so there is a chance I could be without power tonight. I will endeavor to at least get on and message SpaceDaisy over Facebook so that she might pass the word should I not be able to attend.

Dan
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Another Audio Log Completed:
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Recruitment:

I've been plugging our activity when I can to my friends on Facebook trying to gain interest from more people. Networking is pretty key with things like this and being that were independent right now from any active RP/Sim Group it's not easy. I would like to ask and encourage you to help in this matter however you can. We need a good solid crew but even having a few people that are in and out as time permits helps. If you know anyone that might be interested in this activity please don't hesitate to invite them. The success of this activity is up to us all. The more players, the more dynamic the stories will get. The more fluid and direct our sim's will get as we will have more people to interact with. I'm not asking you to go crazy with this, just once a month plug the sim to your social media. See if you get any bites. Any little bit helps.

Thank you guys and gals.
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Hello All.

As promised, I would keep you up to date with our joining the Tempest to Star Trek: Engage. Here is an update and request from Aoibhe our contact within ST:E, when you have some time please follow the instructions listed below.

Aoibhe Ní Shúilleabháin
5:29 AM (13 hours ago)

to cthulhuite, me, Annie
Hey Daniel and Annie!

It's great to hear from you guys.
I'm thrilled you've decided to join us, as is James, our Game Manager.

You're joining us at a great time, actually, as we've been getting a healthy influx of new players who we are having difficulty finding good positions for. I'm hoping that will lead to you guys, once we have the Tempest added to our roster, getting a nice, fresh supply of players. Maybe even a transfer or two from our current players. :)

OK, so down to business...
From your own forum I see you've recently had a mission with four players. That's a pretty decent place to start joining us.
I'd like all of your crew to enlist and register with STE here: http://www.startrekengage.com/registration
and then send in their character applications: http://www.startrekengage.com/odn/character_creator

Please have them mention that they're a USS Tempest crewmember at the beginning of the "Description" section, so we know who they are. If they could also add a link to their original profile so we can verify rank, that'd be great.

Once that's done, (so we know your players are comfortable with our chat protocols, etc) you guys are officially part of STE!

It's important to stress at this point that the Tempest crew use the protocols we use, etc, because any cadets or crew transferring or applying to join you will have gone through the same handbook I sent you and will have been tested on their comfort with those specific protocols when they apply. To avoid confusion between your current crew and any new players, we'd like to ensure consistency.

Ideally, I'd like to give a few weeks of promo on our Facebook page and across social media before we have the Tempest's official launch, (I've always found social media count downs are an effective way to stir up excitement...) but once your crew are all registered with STE, you are absolutely more than free to use our servers to sim in the meantime, and we'll do what we can to encourage players to join the ship prior to the official launch.

Either way, once your crew have had their characters accepted, James will add the Tempest to our roster (are you still running at 7PM Pacific, 10PM Eastern on Saturdays?) and I'll start work on a ship patch with you guys separately. :)

I think that's enough to throw at you for now, guys. :)
But on behalf of James and myself, welcome to Star Trek Engage. It's a pleasure to add you to the family.
Aoibhe.

I will see about getting the handbook again since my G-mail has eaten it and get that to you so we can look at the way they conduct their simulations as they may be a bit different than what we currently do.

Daniel
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

When you sign up on the ST:E site, do your biography as she mentioned in the email above, make sure you put that your part of the Tempest, and what your position is. I'm not sure if that will help. once you submit your character profile it should give you access to the Handbook which will allow you to read how they do things. Its just slightly different than what we do here already.

Mine's already done.
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

When you can please head over to the Star Trek: Engage website and apply and put in your biography so we can get the ball rolling over there. They are already working on adding us to their system but they need us registered so they can start assigning us to our ship, get the ship up. It may still be a few weeks before we can sim over there and were going to have to make some changes so the sooner we can start working on this the faster we can get set up over there. So I encourage you to take a little time and go over to the site and go through the signup process. If you need help I should be around before the sim Saturday and would be more than willing to help or answer questions as best I can.

Here is a link to the registration page: http://www.startrekengage.com/registration
Once your approved and you log in, it will prompt you to create a character. There is a reason for this. 8-)

Dan
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I got a head start and applied before tonight.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I applied but I got sidetracked while I was starting to create my character. I'll do it tomorrow. I won't be there tonight, as Dan knows, stupid work schedule. But on the upside, I was given tomorrow off after all so I can make Superheroes!

Hey INH, the Firefly thing is at the point where we need to bring the new characters in, you ready sir?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Alright folks, here is our first present from Star Trek: Engage. We've got a ship patch:
hopefully you can see that, if not let me know and i'll put it in my photobucket later and post a new image. This is one of the things they do for each of their ships. I hope you like it, both Annie and I do. Really excited!
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Another Log Converted:
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Got another Log Converted to audio:
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

And Another log Converted:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

SokothQultuq wrote:Alright folks, here is our first present from Star Trek: Engage. We've got a ship patch:
hopefully you can see that, if not let me know and i'll put it in my photobucket later and post a new image. This is one of the things they do for each of their ships. I hope you like it, both Annie and I do. Really excited!
Gonna have to photobucket that but I'll take your word on it.

ImageImage
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Boldly going where no man has gone before

WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

:haha: Good times!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Merry Christmas all.

First I want to take a moment to apologize to you for not being able to communicate about the sim, I was locked out of my account on the Mafia boards so I apologize. Annie saved me though because she's awesome. Next week's sim will be canceled due to the holiday as well. But we will resume again on January 7, 2017. Not only will we be picking back up, but we should be officially launched with ST:E. We should have our own IRC room and a forum for us to post in and read for mission updates and such.

Our sponsor into ST:E Aoibhe has started advertising our activity on Facebook actively with her resources and its been kinda fun seeing her posting. If you want to your welcome to Search me out on Facebook under the name "Daniel Ratterree" and I'll friend ya and you can see as well.

So one thing that ST:E encourages is Logs. Some people don't enjoy making logs reflecting back on things but I do. I think it's good for the story, and in ST:E it helps with advancement so I would encourage you to at least occasionally make a log. Here is a place for us to Temporarily post logs if we'd like until we have an official forum in our ships name: http://forums.startrekengage.com/viewfo ... 294d031fb6 this is where the encourage unassigned characters or new people who have not been posted or future characters that are in limbo to go to post in.

Have fun with your Logs, make them your own thing. Remember to keep OOC comments separate from IC because these logs are for IC primarily.

So I will be in the syndicate chat just in case anyone has problems getting into the IRC and in case for some reason it's not available at that point.

I look forward to seeing you in the new year to come.

Daniel
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Glorfindel »

Hey, Guys :)

I've just been over to ST:E and logged my first... well... log! I must confess to being quite confused about this element of our new home. For anyone who has watched any series of the show, logs are like personal reflections of events - somewhat like a diary entry - which to me, makes complete sense. They seem to want something entirely different - like a detailed personal perspective of what happened during our time together in the Sim which to me makes very little sense and has serves even less useful purpose... :shrug:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Glorfindel that log you made was great! I think logs are up tot he individual and how they should be done. I do mine the way I do because it makes sense because i believe in it the way you do. I also try and make my Captains log a more professional telling and a personal log for all those unprofessional thing's I'll likely say. You'll likely see more of those from me in the future. Especially now. But your log was great. Thank you for doing that!
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

SokothQultuq wrote:Glorfindel that log you made was great! I think logs are up tot he individual and how they should be done. I do mine the way I do because it makes sense because i believe in it the way you do. I also try and make my Captains log a more professional telling and a personal log for all those unprofessional thing's I'll likely say. You'll likely see more of those from me in the future. Especially now. But your log was great. Thank you for doing that!
Thank you so much for your encouragement, Sir. You are a fine Captain and I'm very proud to be a member of your crew :bighug: Can't wait for us to pick up where we left off! :nicenod:

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Sorry, Guys... I couldn't resist... :(

SokothQultuq
Henchman

Post by SokothQultuq »

Yup, were going to be picking back up as our first official week with ST:E this coming Saturday, January 7th, 2017. Same time, but new channel. The theory is we should be over on the new site, using the IRC chat. You should be able ot access it by logging into your account on ST:E and using the portal to get to the chat. I'll be doing a quick update/log here either tonight or tomororw just to sum up what happened last which I will post both here and over on the ST:E site. Hope to see you all Saturday!
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

They're advertising us over at ST:E as the next mission but our ship still isn't listed as an option to select from the drop down list in the IRC Subspace chat access box... :shrug:

Return to “U.S.S. Tempest (Syndicate Sim)”