I'm having an existential crisis.
44%

Total votes: 16
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 43

Re: A Game About Chinese Food [Day 0]

Post by Quin »

lol jks there's a phantom 4th person in my mind.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 53
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

hahahaha now I can go eat my grilled cheese - fun game quin!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Glorfindel »

Pardon?
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 94
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

In a real tone everyone, I have to give llama props to sniffing me out day 1. That was a total guess on a legit question and he certainly got the boost he needed, however, due to the nature of this role it ended up flopping back on him in the end due to suspicions

I almost feel dirty for being a nuisance all game. I hope you all forgive me for the playstyle this evening.
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 85

Post by thellama73 »

Good game Quin! Good game Baddies! I was only one lynch away from winning, and I'm still proud of my game, even though I lost.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

With a ratio of 2 baddies to one civilian, the mafia win the game!

Apologies for that screw up. I'll post everything I want to in a second.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Glorfindel wrote:Pardon?
You're the last town alive. JJJ and Sprityo are the mafia

The mafia outnumber town 2:1. Mafia win :phew:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 75
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hooray!

Good game everyone. Thanks for hosting Quin! I got super lucky and almost blew it at the last second. :grin:

I have to leave now but I'll be back later to talk about things or something.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

congrats baddies - congrats llama for catching sprityo right off the bat.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Well, I'm kinda happy with that. My instincts were 100% on point from the outset - nice to see I haven't lost my mojo...

On the flip side, I apologise to my fellow Townies, I let you down by not sticking with my intuition. Good game, Sprityo and Jay.

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Glorfindel wrote:Well, I'm kinda happy with that. My instincts were 100% on point from the outset - nice to see I haven't lost my mojo...

On the flip side, I apologise to my fellow Townies, I let you down by not sticking with my intuition. Good game, Sprityo and Jay.
It looked so terrible for the baddies from the very beginning, I noticed you had them both pegged on instinct. It was exciting.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I wrote flavour for some of the power roles, here it all is (I'd have posted it with the deaths of said power roles, but I didn't get to post much of it)

Poo Poo Road:

We had opted to venture the countryside on route to our destination, both to take in the natural scenery, and to avoid being held up by any incidents along the highway. Unfortunately, this came with its own type of peril – upon reaching Poo Poo Road, we were met with enormous dust clouds that trailed behind us as we drove along, and our cars were ravished by the gravel that lashed and scraped the sides, leaving no spot unblemished. By the end of the 40km stretch, one car was so badly caked with dust and the tyres were so worn that it was almost unrecognisable.

‘This is ridiculous!’ the eldest brother cried. ‘It’s all fine for Dad, he’s got a four-wheel drive!’

‘You’ll have to get the car washed again.’ the younger replied.

The eldest smirked, though he was not happy in the slightest. ‘He’ll be paying for it, that’s for sure.’

Kamikaze Cow:

The vast farmland had no shortage of farmstock of the cattle variety, with the number of cows sighted over the course of our journey infinitely outnumbering the population of the many towns we passed through. For the most part, these cows were harmless. They watched as we passed by their old, rusted fences or else laid down in their own filth. As we rounded one corner, however, we were forced to hit the brakes harder than expected as a single cow without any respect for its own life charged onto the road before making its stand in the very center, preventing us from moving on.

‘You shall not pass.’ it mooed (probably).

Dad responded with a series of honks from his car horn, slowly closing the distance between his car and the troublemaker.

Closed Restaurant:

After seven tiresome hours of road trip trivia, a number of bathroom stops and far too many cows, we had checked into our motel room. After spending an hour in bed watching television and whining in the mafia game I was playing at the time, there was a knock on the door. Mum stood on the other side, a look of embarrassment etched on her face.

‘Yeah?’ I asked.

‘The Chinese restaurant is closed’. she replied simply.

‘Huh?’

‘We just assumed it’d be open, but we never went onto their website to check.’

Snooty Waitress:

The contingency involved dining at a less-impressive Chinese restaurant that night. One look could tell you that this place was nothing special. Nevertheless, we entered.
We all gathered around a large, circular table, though with 10 of us it was still a tight squeeze. Our legs touched uncomfortably, with the inevitable game of footsy beginning among my younger siblings and their friend. After a short wait, we were met with greetings from a waitress, of the snobbish variety. She looked around the table, taking in our classic bogan attire with a look of disdain on her face and began taking orders.

Being in a chair with a direct line of sight behind the bar, I found myself looking in that direction. It’s a shame that I found the waitress in question pointing at our table and giggling with her co-workers. Maybe she was crushing on me or something.
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I have a new signature.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Fun game quin!

I had a blast!
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Thanks too, Quin for a very interesting and enjoyable game - well worth setting my alarm for :bighug:

Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)

Post by Ricochet »

First to call the siren on sprit's "slip" (even if I didn't follow it through with a vote).
Rightly deducted llama wouldn't be this blatant of a busser, when the "Kilgrave" role was best preserved as much as possible.
Rightly deducted Epig wouldn't be this blatant to weave a web around llama with that big of an argument reach.
Right to call Jay bad on the one friggin' time planets aligned this century for that to happen.
Technically only one wrong read (SVS), at least as long as I was alive.

Do I get a win for this?

No, of course not. :shrug2:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Epignosis »

My third post was to defend a no-show. When the hell have I ever defended a friggin no-show?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Every time I've had BTSC in a Mafia game this year, it's been with with no-show. :disappoint:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:Every time I've had BTSC in a Mafia game this year, it's been with with no-show. :disappoint:
That's a frustrating position to be in.

Not as frustrating as being one vote away from victory and having everyone think you called out your only teammate on Day 1.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

thellama73 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Every time I've had BTSC in a Mafia game this year, it's been with with no-show. :disappoint:

Not as frustrating as being one vote away from victory and having everyone think you called out your only teammate on Day 1.
That's what happens Mr. "Golly gee I can't tell my two teammates apart from each other."
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Golden »

Ricochet wrote:First to call the siren on sprit's "slip" (even if I didn't follow it through with a vote).
Rightly deducted llama wouldn't be this blatant of a busser, when the "Kilgrave" role was best preserved as much as possible.
Rightly deducted Epig wouldn't be this blatant to weave a web around llama with that big of an argument reach.
Right to call Jay bad on the one friggin' time planets aligned this century for that to happen.
Technically only one wrong read (SVS), at least as long as I was alive.

Do I get a win for this?

No, of course not. :shrug2:
It might have helped if you didn't accidentally vote yourself out :p
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

True story: I thought about BTSC on Night 1 and sprityo sent in the MP kill at the last second
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I'm pretty sure jay won because people forgot that it was possible for him to roll bad.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Golden wrote:I'm pretty sure jay won because people forgot that it was possible for him to roll bad.
Or simply didn't want to believe it was true...

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 46
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Well played, sprityo and Jay!

I had a feeling there was something off about Jay, but couldn't figure it out in time. :sigh:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

That's what happens Mr. "Golly gee I can't tell my two teammates apart from each other."
That was true though!

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:True story: I thought about BTSC on Night 1 and sprityo sent in the MP kill at the last second
That was supposed to say FORGOT about BTSC

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by insertnamehere »

WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

No relation.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

It's worth watching just for the panda.
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Still Day 0?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I did change it in one of my posts, but it didn't work :sigh:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Quin wrote:I did change it in one of my posts, but it didn't work :sigh:
You have to edit the first post!

Return to “Previous Burglaries”