Shake it all about (Maybe)
11%

Total votes: 18
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 34

Re: A Game About Chinese Food [SIGN-UPS]

Post by Quin »

To stop any confusion, I've compared the time zones for every time zone I know people participating might be in, so:

AEST: 7:30am
EST: 5:30pm
PST: 2:30pm
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 7

Post by S~V~S »

I was on a bad team once where I was in US Mountain, we had someone in Australia, some one in either the UK or the Netherlands, I can't recall, and one east coast USA, and we were never all online at the same time. Max, two of us at once. Time zones iz confusing.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sounds terrible. Good news here is that nobody should have that problem during a burglary.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Glorfindel »

Quin wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:2:30 am (AEST), Quin? Seriously, the things I do for you, Buddy :shrug2:
noo! It's 7:30am for us.

It's 2:30pm for the marmot. Or 2:30 am, I'm not completely sure.

You still in? :grin:
Are you certain? I converted the starting time on one of those silly time converting apps? :fist: 7:30 will be good for me :nicenod: Setting my alarm now... :p
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Glorfindel wrote:
Quin wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:2:30 am (AEST), Quin? Seriously, the things I do for you, Buddy :shrug2:
noo! It's 7:30am for us.

It's 2:30pm for the marmot. Or 2:30 am, I'm not completely sure.

You still in? :grin:
Are you certain? I converted the starting time on one of those silly time converting apps? :fist: 7:30 will be good for me :nicenod: Setting my alarm now... :p
I hope so :scared:

I'm just using googles default time converter.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Now looking at a time conversion website, I'm being told my conversions are 1 hours off. It might be because of DST and google just hasn't updated it, or maybe it's the other way around. I can easily bump it an hour if I need to, but can people in EST timezones tell me if I need to change things?
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 20
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Quin I think we in the U.S. are all ok with 5:30 EDT - thats eastern daylight time because we are already on daylight savings time.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

When I use the time zone converter I get that 5:30 EDT is 7:30 am Brisbane time. Not sure where you are but I thought it was close to Brisbane.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ ... t&p2=tz_et

Here's the conversion that's coming up for me. I'll be up early tomorrow anyway so we can figure out exactly what time we need to start later.
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Quin wrote:https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ ... t&p2=tz_et

Here's the conversion that's coming up for me. I'll be up early tomorrow anyway so we can figure out exactly what time we need to start later.
Ok, you are not on Brisbane time then. They are UTC +10 and you are UTC +11. Anyway, 4:30 pm EDT is too early to start the game - people won't be home from work yet. As it is even starting at 5:30 EDT llama said he will be a little late.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

No, I am. Sorry, I think I got my own time zone wrong. :ninja:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Quin wrote:No, I am. Sorry, I think I got my own time zone wrong. :ninja:
Hahahaha Quin you're pretty funny.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Silver Lantern
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Silver Lantern »

Day & times don't work for me QUin, but this looks like a barrel of fun. I plan to read it when it's done.
gfishfunk wrote: Silver Lantern - The only thing that needs to be said: A bull on fire in a flammable china shop.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Epignosis »

There is a chance I can do this. The university requirements don't prohibit me from using electronic devices during testing. I read the guidelines thoroughly.

Hell, they don't even require me to be in the same room as the guy taking the test. I'm not sure what the point of me being there is, but okay.

No guarantees.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote:There is a chance I can do this. The university requirements don't prohibit me from using electronic devices during testing. I read the guidelines thoroughly.

Hell, they don't even require me to be in the same room as the guy taking the test. I'm not sure what the point of me being there is, but okay.

No guarantees.
Fingers crossed, but I wouldn't want you to get in trouble :grin:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

And I hope so SL, it's a shame you can't play. Hope you sign up to more some stuff soon though. :srsnod:
ImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Glorfindel »

I'm a little lost... Can anyone please tell me what time I need to be up for this? :(
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Glorfindel wrote:I'm a little lost... Can anyone please tell me what time I need to be up for this? :(
It's starting at 7:30 am. :srsnod: For sure.
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Oh good Epi! Will be great if you can play!

Quin, I will be relentless with Rico if he shows up in chatzy before the game starts.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Sorry, don't know why I signed up for this. I must have read my schedule wrong - I'm working tonight. Sorry Quin, and thanks JJJ for noticing!
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Long Con wrote:Sorry, don't know why I signed up for this. I must have read my schedule wrong - I'm working tonight. Sorry Quin, and thanks JJJ for noticing!
Dang, I hope someone else signs up so we can play.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Unfortunately I have a much busier few days than I anticipated as well; I have two deadlines on Monday now as of yesterday that I didn't have to begin with... which makes four deadlines for completely separate projects that I have to finish by then, and I have to teach tomorrow.

So... I probably should back out as well. But I'll stay committed for now until you all can find someone to take my spot, otherwise I'll see if I can try to play and just do a really inattentive job.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Rest assured y'all: these games require minimal commitment. They might last a couple hours for the people who survive the longest. Most of us will be dead sooner than that.

Of course if it just isn't possible, them's the breaks. :)
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Rest assured y'all: these games require minimal commitment. They might last a couple hours for the people who survive the longest. Most of us will be dead sooner than that.

Of course if it just isn't possible, them's the breaks. :)
Yeah, that's why I think I'll still be able to do it. I'd prefer to play as well. I just can probably back out if somehow we get enough folks to cover me doing so.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 7

Post by S~V~S »

My after work payday errands just got a bit more complex, so I may be a few minutes late, but not much if at all. And if we wind up cancelling again, I can also play next week.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)

Post by Ricochet »

juliets is counter-yelling at me, for Quin's sake, to join the game and inspire you all to stick around to play

*sigh*
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I am in, but don't expect much from me for the first hour or so.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Woohoo!
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Fun time tonight!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

juliets wrote:Fun time tonight!
It better be. I hear there's a modkill waiting for anyone who doesn't have fun. :scared:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

I might be a little late starting but I've got my phone so it shouldn't be terrible
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
juliets wrote:Fun time tonight!
It better be. I hear there's a modkill waiting for anyone who doesn't have fun. :scared:
:srsnod:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Time to get some wine.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I don't have any Chinese food.

I have bagel bites though.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

llama and SVS are both getting Chinese food lol. I have to cook a grilled cheese sandwich somewhere in the middle of the game.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)

Post by Ricochet »

I have Pepsi
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

im holding off on dinner until after i get out or i win

Either way im celebrating with an entire pizza for myself
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Pm's are being set, this is ready to go on schedule.
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

:beer:
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

grabbin a shower, so i might be fashionably late B)
Banners:
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Burglary Sign-Ups”