Mass Effect Mafia (END)

Here you can participate in or spectate the crossover game with HCRealms!
- 19 players
- Semi-open setup
- Day/night cycles are 48/24
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 145

Re: Mass Effect Mafia (Day 1)

Post by S~V~S »

Adam wrote:Full disclosure, I'm a few beers in.

I want to say hello, hopefully this Crossover goes well. New blood on both sides should be fun.

I also want to mention not that my apartment will be undergoing a planned power outage this weekend starting at 6am est, so I will not be particularly available until Monday. I'll try to check in on my phone as time permits.
OK, just found this. Gfish also said he would be around more today.

Linki, nah, I just want to hear from him. Quiet is unlikely to mean bad for Epi. He is a good discussion starter. And my Dad would never talk to you ever if he heard you say he was Castro. Good thing you don't know him, so this wont' be a problem. My Dad is pretty much the Anti-Castro.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 138

Post by Dyslexicon »

Game game. Game game game.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 252
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

You said that already.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I read the game! Game game game! \o/
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 131

Re: Mass Effect Mafia (Day 0)

Post by gfishfunk »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
gfishfunk wrote:No voting Day 0, correct?

I haven't even read the rules yet. I can access the site from work and I'll have plenty of downtime Monday.

Can we vote no lynch?
Why in the world would we want to vote no lynch?
I'm asking, not suggesting.
Sig block: Reserved for future epic fails.

I take things literally. See if you can find an example in my profile!
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dyslexicon wrote:I read the game! Game game game! \o/
Adam
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Adam »

Mechanically, having a role list in a theme I have no familiarity with is super helpful. Without it, I would have no idea who any characters were other than Shepard. It makes this game way more approachable.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Meta!

Adam is cool as a cucumber. He does not crack. Unafraid of going against the grain. Sometimes not as active as I would hope. Depends on things irl. Generally doesn't lead lynches but gets conversation going early. Clutch late game.

Nifty is a nice guy. Gets a bit flustered when under suspicion (only as a townie?) especially when people scum read him based on disagreements like "Player X would only do that if they were mafia" or "Your target is super scummy, Nifty" and he doesn't think so. Can't trust me early. Expects me to not trust him. Traditionally an early game coaster (on reads, not posting) he's been really getting into things early, lately. Better than he thinks he is.

See previous post about Bob. He's a lynch leader and probably has the most Syndicatey play style besides me and Silver.

Dom I've played with once. Kinda quiet. Similar to Nifty, can get fluster over disagreements. More likely to turn disagreements into scum reads.

DrWigly is jokey. Haven't watched him pull off a strong play or a big mistake so idk what I can say that would be helpful beyond "fluff/silliness=/=scum Wigly."

Dizzy is basically ABF if ABF was good at mafia and didn't disappear for full day phases on occasion.

Epi is my arrogance/confidence and desire to meta read stuff only he's apparently good at it. Kinda grumpy. Maybe a better comparison would be Rokk when he isn't having fun. Smart cookie, though. Doesn't crack even in really bad situations. Soft spot for Llama.

Fred is known by most of us.

GFish is smart and thinks outside the box. Don't read him good or bad based on his "stupid questions." He's going somewhere with them. Or he just hasn't ruled the idea out as stupid yet. Will lead lynches early. Soft/hard spot for IR.

IR is another lynch leader. Gets a bit more heated at times than the other players in his weight class. Not as much as Silver, though. Smart with night actions. Soft/hard spot for GFish.

LC is very chill. Thinking what I'm thinking pretty often. I'm terrible at reading him. Soft spot for Epi. Will probably seem fluffy for a day or two but don't worry about that.

MP is sweet as pie. Suuuuper clutch late game when he puts the time in. Haven't actually played an early game with him iirc.

Nutella's style didn't really stand out to me or rub anyone the wrong way in the one game we played together in. He was supertown and then he died.

Silver is known to most of us.

Spirityo I don't have a good bead on. Watched him get easy lynched as town, replace in and get easy lynched as mafia. On the quiet side. Newish to the site?

SVS is nice and used to have a badger avatar. Don't have a strong understanding of her meta.

Llama is Llama. I guess that's not helpful. You'll see. I don't get him anyway.

Tony is relatively new to the Realms. Great performances in one night setups. Doesn't tend to lead lynches. Has impressed me more as scum than as town. So if I think he's town, he's fooled me and if I think he's scum, I'm tunneling.
Just for completion's sake:

Jack: wants to lead the town whether he's town or mafia. Right more than he's wrong but generally more stubborn when he's wrong than when he's right. Scum Jack is generally doing his best impression of town Jack.
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Bob is by my estimation the best HCRealms player who isn't me. He's great at strategic analysis. I totally expected his first posts to be clarifying rules/tricky roles and especially meta/Syndicate strategy. That is outside his alignment and is step one to playing this game from his (and my) standpoint. You have to understand the whole picture before you can play well. In no universe does Bob ignore this and in no universe is he scared to engage the Syndicate players in this type of discussion.

The only thing that Bob has done that is potentially alignment indicative is voting for Dizzy. Bob, can you explain your vote?
I don't like this post, which looks like cozying up to Bob.

Also, he didn't compliment me.

Also, I'm not as good as bob either.

Adam

Post by Adam »

Is there a way to make nested replies more readable? Should I change the theme I guess?
Adam

Post by Adam »

Also do the different colors on user names mean something?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

thellama73 wrote:
colonialbob wrote:So is this typically a "vote early vote often" kinda place or a "wait till you see the whites of their eyes" kinda place? We at the Realms have just started to dip our toes into the waters of plurality voting, so seeing how another site does things would be welcome.
Trying to figure out how we do things is suspicious. A good civilian would just leap in with both feet. You seem eager to please, or should I say EAGER TO MURDER?
Can we keep this one?
colonialbob wrote:I voted for somebody who apparently read enough to see MP had a town read but not enough to see who it was. Also, I prefer to let the votes fly, and there weren't any yet. Now we have some. I think that's a good thing, even if two of them are currently on me.
If you prefer the votes to fly, why didn't you just do that? Well, I guess you did eventually. Could you give some background for this post:
colonialbob wrote:So is this typically a "vote early vote often" kinda place or a "wait till you see the whites of their eyes" kinda place? We at the Realms have just started to dip our toes into the waters of plurality voting, so seeing how another site does things would be welcome.
What is plurality voting - that you can change your vote? Can someone give a cliff notes of the different cultures at work here? I'm really not from Cindy Kate or HCR. The true unicorn.
thellama73 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote: Llama has MP done anything this game that indicates that he is bad? Are you bad?
MP is always bad. He just has that sort of luck with Random.org. No, I'm not bad. In fact, my first post of this game was to point that out.
Aha! If we're anything alike, and judging from my background photo on my phone, which is a llama, we are - then calling myself town was exactly my first post in the game that just ended where I was scum. Dun dun DUUUUN! Would still never vote you, because we're friends, whether you like it or not.

@Jack - First of all - how dare you compare me with anyone!? :p I'm the unicorn of mafia. The pickle in the brownie. Who's ABF though? Did you mention the same thing last game, or did I create a copy memory of this?

---

There is a surprising lack of postage, and even more so, votage! And voltage for that matter.

People that has posted and I remember stuff from that gives me any type of feeling is Bob, Jack, Nut, LC and MP.
MP's clearing of Bob is a bit huh. I agree with Nut on that.
I don't feel any particular reason to trust either Bob or MP.
Jack has been helpful, but probably not alignment indicative. GTH town.
Nut and LC I both soul read as town.
I can give reasoning for the Nut read, and it's basically her having a gut read on me as town. Sure, scum can buddy and yadda yadda, but I don't see a reason for her to do this as scum. She just played a game with me when she town read me and I was scum. She could just not comment on it and justify that. So I think the feeling is real.
LC is a tone read.

There are SO many players I don't remember and probably a lot that haven't posted either?

Also, shouldn't MP have had like 50 posts by now?

Would literally lynch anyone but Nut, LC, Jack and Llama right now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Also guess I should read the setup. :p
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I'm voting Sprit because he was a mod in the Phenon game, and that was fun, and you hurt the ones you love. You should all join me, he would agree, cause he's a gentleman. :cloud9:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Adam wrote:Also do the different colors on user names mean something?
If you go to the bottom of the home page, there is a legend re the different colors used for member names.

And I think the way the replies display is just an inherent function of phpbb forums, unfortunately.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

No, wait, I'm voting MP cause it's always a good idea to kill him. \o/
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

gfishfunk wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

I haven't even read the rules yet. I can access the site from work and I'll have plenty of downtime Monday.

Can we vote no lynch?
Good cooperation on the MP wagon. If he's town, we can blame Wilgy.
Also, don't think no lynch is a choice, since it's not an option in the poll.
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Meta!

Adam is cool as a cucumber. He does not crack. Unafraid of going against the grain. Sometimes not as active as I would hope. Depends on things irl. Generally doesn't lead lynches but gets conversation going early. Clutch late game.

Nifty is a nice guy. Gets a bit flustered when under suspicion (only as a townie?) especially when people scum read him based on disagreements like "Player X would only do that if they were mafia" or "Your target is super scummy, Nifty" and he doesn't think so. Can't trust me early. Expects me to not trust him. Traditionally an early game coaster (on reads, not posting) he's been really getting into things early, lately. Better than he thinks he is.

See previous post about Bob. He's a lynch leader and probably has the most Syndicatey play style besides me and Silver.

Dom I've played with once. Kinda quiet. Similar to Nifty, can get fluster over disagreements. More likely to turn disagreements into scum reads.

DrWigly is jokey. Haven't watched him pull off a strong play or a big mistake so idk what I can say that would be helpful beyond "fluff/silliness=/=scum Wigly."

Dizzy is basically ABF if ABF was good at mafia and didn't disappear for full day phases on occasion.

Epi is my arrogance/confidence and desire to meta read stuff only he's apparently good at it. Kinda grumpy. Maybe a better comparison would be Rokk when he isn't having fun. Smart cookie, though. Doesn't crack even in really bad situations. Soft spot for Llama.

Fred is known by most of us.

GFish is smart and thinks outside the box. Don't read him good or bad based on his "stupid questions." He's going somewhere with them. Or he just hasn't ruled the idea out as stupid yet. Will lead lynches early. Soft/hard spot for IR.

IR is another lynch leader. Gets a bit more heated at times than the other players in his weight class. Not as much as Silver, though. Smart with night actions. Soft/hard spot for GFish.

LC is very chill. Thinking what I'm thinking pretty often. I'm terrible at reading him. Soft spot for Epi. Will probably seem fluffy for a day or two but don't worry about that.

MP is sweet as pie. Suuuuper clutch late game when he puts the time in. Haven't actually played an early game with him iirc.

Nutella's style didn't really stand out to me or rub anyone the wrong way in the one game we played together in. He was supertown and then he died.

Silver is known to most of us.

Spirityo I don't have a good bead on. Watched him get easy lynched as town, replace in and get easy lynched as mafia. On the quiet side. Newish to the site?

SVS is nice and used to have a badger avatar. Don't have a strong understanding of her meta.

Llama is Llama. I guess that's not helpful. You'll see. I don't get him anyway.

Tony is relatively new to the Realms. Great performances in one night setups. Doesn't tend to lead lynches. Has impressed me more as scum than as town. So if I think he's town, he's fooled me and if I think he's scum, I'm tunneling.
I like this post and think we should all do the same. I really don't care what your opinions of your fellow mafia goers are, I want to see how you frame them, talk about them, and highlight them.

gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

Dyslexicon wrote:
gfishfunk wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Can we vote no lynch?
I thought I would throw a vote on him to see what he would do.

Is this a game that you can power claim, name claim, action claim, alliance claim, and everything? I assume so, but I don't want to get mod-killed or whatever your equivalent is.

CaptainNifty
Posts in topic: 86

Post by CaptainNifty »

I'm reporting in. Sorry I missed the excitement this weekend. I was at Dallas FanExpo all weekend being a super-nerd. I'm going to continue to study those roles they look amazing.

Right now I don't like llama's posting. I'm going to trust that he's just a bit of a grinner (HCR knows what I mean), but I the bouncing around kinda thing makes him look guilty in my book.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

gfishfunk wrote:I thought I would throw a vote on him to see what he would do.

Is this a game that you can power claim, name claim, action claim, alliance claim, and everything? I assume so, but I don't want to get mod-killed or whatever your equivalent is.
That I don't know, you would have to ask the mod if it doesn't say in the rules.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

CaptainNifty wrote:I'm reporting in. Sorry I missed the excitement this weekend. I was at Dallas FanExpo all weekend being a super-nerd. I'm going to continue to study those roles they look amazing.

Right now I don't like llama's posting. I'm going to trust that he's just a bit of a grinner (HCR knows what I mean), but I the bouncing around kinda thing makes him look guilty in my book.
:llama: :omg:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I'm going to conveniently go take a nap, so that MP doesn't come back and beats me with a stick.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Is there a way to see the times the votes were made in the poll?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Adam wrote:Is there a way to see the times the votes were made in the poll?
No. But usually players write when they are voting someone in thread.

Often like this. or something, so it's clearly visible. I recommend it. Don't do as I do, do as I say.^^
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Dyslexicon wrote:
gfishfunk wrote:I thought I would throw a vote on him to see what he would do.

That I don't know, you would have to ask the mod if it doesn't say in the rules.
It does say in the rules,
4. Role outing and info-dumping are allowed. The game is designed to incorporate this
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 327
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

S~V~S wrote:Hey HCR players, I note that Adam, Gfish and Tony all have 1-2 posts. Is this the norm for them? Or do you think they may be shy in front of strangers?

Also, what is the norm for dealing with low posters at HCR? Do you lynch them, do they get modkilled?

I also note Epi has only two posts. Epi, come play with us. I need my grammar corrected :grin:

thellama73 wrote:
Long Con wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote: Llama has MP done anything this game that indicates that he is bad? Are you bad?
MP is always bad. He just has that sort of luck with Random.org. No, I'm not bad. In fact, my first post of this game was to point that out.
Is that something you commonly do?
Why did you ask this question, LC? You have played with me enough to know my style. Why ask a question you already know the answer to? Your curiosity here is fake news. FAKE NEWS!

*Votes Long Con*
You may look like Castro, but you sound like my Dad. "Fake News" is his new fave expression.
Typical Day One involves me and Bob trying to lynch someone, Silver complains about it (although he'll likely join in more after playing two Syndicate style games) and everyone else just messes around. We needed to have Day Zero awhile ago imo.

We primarily deal with inactive players via special vigilantes that only kill non posters or by Jack rage quitting. :rolleyes:
Adam

Post by Adam »

gfishfunk wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:
gfishfunk wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Can we vote no lynch?
I thought I would throw a vote on him to see what he would do.

I'm assuming you can based on

4. Role outing and info-dumping are allowed. The game is designed to incorporate this.

but I'd welcome a confirmation.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

S~V~S wrote:It does say in the rules,
Adam

Post by Adam »

Dyslexicon wrote:

Often like this. or something, so it's clearly visible. I recommend it. Don't do as I do, do as I say.^^
Is that a thing that actually ever happens? It doesn't look like it's happened with the votes so far.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Adam wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:

Is that a thing that actually ever happens? It doesn't look like it's happened with the votes so far.
I think most players indicated vote more or less clearly in my other games. Regardless, I'm for doing it that way. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Jack O'H sez: We primarily deal with inactive players via special vigilantes that only kill non posters
:cloud9:

This idea makes me happy. I would love to make this part of future games I run. After this game, I would love to hear about how this works.

Linki @Dsylexicon (did I see someone call you Dizzy?) I did not read the rules myself until that question was asked. I am that person :noble:
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

Adam - if this is adamical: he is a solid player with a tendency to lurk or say nothing of substance for large stretches and then break open a game.

CaptainNifty - good instincts. I usually tend to read him as town regardless of alignment so I guess that means he plays scum well.

colonialbob - posts

Dom - The guy from MegaTokyo?

DrWilgy - Dr. Wiley's less stationary sibling

Dyslexicon - is that like a sexy lexicon?

Epignosis - has knowledge of of the spiritual realm above, if names are to be believed.

Fredwood - Another player I have trouble reading. Tends to follow others who are leading discussions, if I remember correctly, but doesn't follow blindly.

gfishfunk - myself: usually one of the top posters, even if I have limited access. People say I think outside the box (JoH mentioned it in his read) and I protest that I think things through differently. In real life, I'm a lawyer.

Immortal_Raven - my real-life friend that does D&D with me every other week. We tend to either go after each other or ignore each other. He always, always, always makes me suspicious though. He tends to be noncommittal to any theory in game, which always raises my hackles.

Jackofhearts2005 - Tries to run the show, which is at least consistent. Everything he says sounds smart but its really just noisy.

Long Con - I have nothing witty to say about this person. It can be argued that I haven't said anything witty yet, either.

MovingPictures07 - Threw down a read super early on very little, which leads me to believe that s/he is trying to generate an air of competence and expertise with the players new to the forum, and set expectations. Can't say whether its good or bad.

nutella - delicious.

Silver Lantern - The only thing that needs to be said: A bull on fire in a flammable china shop. The thing that probably shouldn't be said: if I knew the guy in real life we would have a total bromance. I hope this doesn't make things awkward. When he lurks, he is scum.

sprityo - Epignosis' more down to earth friend.

S~V~S - Someone that needs help but messed up their morse code

thellama73 - I respect llamas and all nature.

TonyStarkPrime - Tends to come off as scummy even when not. Normally a bit of a quieter player.

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

S~V~S wrote:
Jack O'H sez: We primarily deal with inactive players via special vigilantes that only kill non posters

This idea makes me happy. I would love to make this part of future games I run. After this game, I would love to hear about how this works.

Linki @Dsylexicon (did I see someone call you Dizzy?) I did not read the rules myself until that question was asked. I am that person :noble:
Yus, I'm called Dizzy, and I kind of like that nickname, so am happy for anyoen to call me that. But like, people can call me whatever they want as long as I understand that it's me. I also answer to Dys and crazy cat lady.

Why read the rules when someone else can do it for you?^^
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

S~V~S wrote:

The role is called a Freddy (a term we created on the realms). A Freddy can either kill a non-poster from the prior phase or one of the lowest overall posters.

I think it came from a Friday the 13th game or something like that. It kills sleeping players.

In the realms, we typically consider it a mafia strategy to lynch an inactive player because it makes mafia types appear to be active and scum hunting, and helps them eliminate a town member using the lynch. I prefer to lynch low posters over inactive posters though, as many a scum lurk with low posts.

colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Oh good, it looks like we're actually playing now. I like.
Dyslexicon wrote:
colonialbob wrote:I voted for somebody who apparently read enough to see MP had a town read but not enough to see who it was. Also, I prefer to let the votes fly, and there weren't any yet. Now we have some. I think that's a good thing, even if two of them are currently on me.
If you prefer the votes to fly, why didn't you just do that? Well, I guess you did eventually. Could you give some background for this post:
What is plurality voting - that you can change your vote? Can someone give a cliff notes of the different cultures at work here? I'm really not from Cindy Kate or HCR. The true unicorn.
Like you said, I did let votes fly. But I figured I'd ask about typical behavior here, since I've seen several examples of people getting meta-lynched for behavior that's not universally scummy, but for whatever reason is on that site, and I'd prefer avoiding that for myself. That's true no matter my alignment.

Plurality voting is "person with the most votes at end of day is lynched", either with or without a no-vote option. On the Realms we've typically played with majority voting, where somebody is lynched as soon as they get half+1 votes (ignoring shenanigans) and otherwise there's no lynch. It's a surprisingly different style. I prefer plurality, because IMO it makes voting patterns more meaningful.
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

I also have a tendency to chain post. I'll post, have another thought or change my mind, and then immediately repost.

I also suck at spelling.

colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

You can tell the order they were made, at least.

I've mentioned both my votes, but I can try and highlight them going forward. No guarantees, since I'm generally mobile-posting.
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

colonialbob wrote:Plurality voting is "person with the most votes at end of day is lynched", either with or without a no-vote option. On the Realms we've typically played with majority voting, where somebody is lynched as soon as they get half+1 votes (ignoring shenanigans) and otherwise there's no lynch. It's a surprisingly different style. I prefer plurality, because IMO it makes voting patterns more meaningful.
Plurality voting is also useful when there is an overall trend of inactivity. This way the town can still get something done.

I think I might have run the few plurality voting games at the realms.

Too many 'hello how you doing' posts. (CBob's wasn't one of them, just saying so). Not enough substance posts. Lets get more lists of how you see your other mafia players. I think that can be useful going forward.

gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

Eight hours remaining on a 48 hour phase.

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

gfishfunk wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

The role is called a Freddy (a term we created on the realms). A Freddy can either kill a non-poster from the prior phase or one of the lowest overall posters.

I think it came from a Friday the 13th game or something like that. It kills sleeping players.

In the realms, we typically consider it a mafia strategy to lynch an inactive player because it makes mafia types appear to be active and scum hunting, and helps them eliminate a town member using the lynch. I prefer to lynch low posters over inactive posters though, as many a scum lurk with low posts.
Dude... Nightmare On Elm Street...

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

That said, I, like S~V~S, love the idea of a Freddy role. Putting fear into players is something I have had some wonderful success with. Come play one of my games with The Hunger as a role. :scared:
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

Long Con wrote: Dude... Nightmare On Elm Street...
Yeah, I know. It wasn't the main villain in the game, though. It was something similar to throw into the game.

We do stuff like that in the realms. For example, if the game were 'Netflix Marvel shows Mafia', you might see the role 'The Muppets' from 'The Muppets Take Manhatten'. Because.

CaptainNifty
Posts in topic: 86

Post by CaptainNifty »

Adam - good player when he's active. Prone to lurking which hurts his games.
Nifty - good instincts as both town and scum, but has a hard time plyaing scum durring the day. Solid midgame as town and strong late game as scum and town.
cbob - gets better with each game. Highly analytical. Helpful to town even when scum.
Dom - no read
Wigly - early, but seems like a fun guy. No serious posts
Dys - despite a lot of sillyness. Striking me as town. Just a gut reaction
Epigenosis - no read
Fredwood - I've rarely played with Fred. Has a reputation for solid play.
gfish - great spin artist. His eratic gameplay makes him hard to read, but is dangerous as scum
I_R - I_R plays mafia the way I imagine Spok would play mafia. Logical and subtle.
Jack - Controls the game. I have fallen for his Silver tongued lies too many times. His playstyle has changed since playing at other sites. He's less noisy and more accusatory
Long Con - No read
Moving Pictures - Didn't like the questioning of cbob. It might be a culture difference, but that kind of aggression comes off as arrogance to me which I immediately dislike. Doesn't make scum, but don't like it.
nutella - no strong feel one way or the other
Silver - Strong player but has a tendency to tunnel. Way dangerous in the late game.
Sprityo - no read
S-V-S - helpful so far. Friendly. No game read
llama - don't like the eratic postings. More silly, less thoughtful. Makes me think scum distraction. That's why he has my vote.
TSP - Decently good reads as town, but always make me think he's scum with the way he posts.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 223
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Catching up now. I see I have three votes. I'll try to see what that's all about ASAP.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dyslexicon wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Wow, I was expecting to have more to catch up on than that. Let's get this party started.

I have one town read so far.
Is it me?
No. :mafia:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

colonialbob wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Wow, I was expecting to have more to catch up on than that. Let's get this party started.

I have one town read so far.
Is it me?
And we have a vote!
What inspired this vote?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

S~V~S wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:Hey there everyone. Does this game involve all the ME games or only the latest one?
Why, is your role from the latest one?

How familiar are you with the games? I am 100% unfamiliar. :ponder:
I have no idea if my role is from the latest one or not. I am also 100% unfamiliar. Well 95%, cause I know it has something to do with space, and the main person is called Shepard.
And you do know there are multiple games, and know enough about it to ask this question.

Not sure why this would be suspicious, but it does get my attention. Only thing so far, really.

MP, have you played at the HRC forum?
I have, though I have only played one game, and I replaced out. It was Bob's Christmas game and unfortunately I had to replace out because I was still alive when the game ran into time with my family in Cincinnati over the holidays, so I wasn't much of a presence. My recollection of that game as well as any player's metas too would be pretty spotty at best.

Was your question asked because you wanted to ask me further questions?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DrWilgy wrote:Nope, he just spoke about voting so it was on the mind. Why not?
Just curious what prompted your train of thought. Any insight I can get into the enigmatic nebula that is your mind, especially this early on, is heavily appreciated by me. :grin:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Wilgy, I see you EBWOP'd your post to include a declaration that I'm bad. What prompts your conclusion, and is that when you decided to vote for me?

Return to “Mass Effect Mafia: an HCR & Syndicate crossover”