Mass Effect Mafia (END)

Here you can participate in or spectate the crossover game with HCRealms!
- 19 players
- Semi-open setup
- Day/night cycles are 48/24
Immortal_Raven
Posts in topic: 35

Re: Mass Effect Mafia (Day 2)

Post by Immortal_Raven »

Wow, mental note. Multiple games on different sites at once are a bad idea. Apologies for my absence.

Sucks about cbob, kinda figured he was town upon a reread. So much spam and spinning here it's hard to say where my suspicions lie. gfish and Nifty gave fairly accurate reads on me, right down to my love/hate with gfish. JoH thinks he can read me so I got to giggle there.

LC seemed to dominate the night discussion more as a subject for some reason. I'm still adjusting to night discussion so again, not sure what to say. My gut says it's a smoke screen.

Fredwood would be making me twitch right now. Like he feels the need to compensate for missing a phase. The only hang-up is his claim and the role structure.

I need to reread some posts from some folks.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 327
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

S~V~S wrote:
gfishfunk wrote:
Fredwood wrote:So Saren is in the game, I'm vanilla now.

Kinda sucks, not as much as EDI dying (sniff)
That a claim?

Also, what do you synidcatians do? We usually discuss the write-up for a bit (there isn't any), and pressure each other based on our night actions.

I'll be jumping in and out tonight but on a lot more tomorrow night.
Well, we often discuss who might have benefitted from his death. Reread his posts, figure out WHY he was the one killed. Taking a closer look at his suspects. Although that isn't always helpful if the killer killed for random reasons, or maybe kills people that never mentioned any members of the team.

But it's a starting point. After I catch up to my other game, I plan to reread Bob as a start.
Do we? In three games, I've basically never seen that.

I kinda get it. I mean, who wants Bob dead? Whoever he's after...or whoever wants to frame who he's after.

I've seen more meta discussions about it on the Syndicate but neither my saying that I wouldn't kill Silver (unofficially ambassadoring) in Phenom nor Epi saying he wouldn't kill Eloh (his wife, who he thinks he can pocket) in BvR got any kind of serious positive response. It's easy to say these things and then turn around and shoot that player anyway.

I would expect at least one Realmser on a mafia that shoots Bob, assuming it was in fact a mafia who shot Bob and assuming they did so on purpose. That's all I'm willing to bet from a meta perspective.
malakim2099
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 14

Post by malakim2099 »

Night 1

In a small room, someone was hunched over the keyboard, attempting to use a terminal. However, no matter what they tried, the terminal refused to grant them access.

Elsewhere, a metallic woman looked over at an intruder, “I don’t know how you obtained access to this area, but I am your physical superior. Surrender.”
The intruder smiled coldly, “I don’t think so.” As the metallic woman advanced, the intruder reached out with surprising swiftness, grasping her throat in a grip tight enough to dent the metal, “I’ve also had upgrades.”
The metallic woman heard the click of a thermal clip in a pistol as the intruder brought up the weapon in their other hand, “And you are too dangerous. I’d say it was nothing personal… but that would be a lie.”
Her last words were, “Jeff…” before the intruder fired once. Silence descended as the intruder made their way out.

Colonialbob is dead! He was EDI (Town), AI bombshell who liked the sight of humans on their knees.
Be the Vanguard of Destruction you want to be in the world!
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 137

Post by DrWilgy »

Ahahahahahahahahha!!!!
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 272

Post by Fredwood »

Now who's being ominous.
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 167

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Epi saying he wouldn't kill Eloh (his wife, who he thinks he can pocket)
I don't think.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Epi saying he wouldn't kill Eloh (his wife, who he thinks he can pocket)
I don't think.
insert dirty joke
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Epignosis wrote:
I don't think.
Right over the plate, eh?
Immortal_Raven
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Immortal_Raven »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
gfishfunk wrote:

That a claim?

Also, what do you synidcatians do? We usually discuss the write-up for a bit (there isn't any), and pressure each other based on our night actions.

I'll be jumping in and out tonight but on a lot more tomorrow night.
Well, we often discuss who might have benefitted from his death. Reread his posts, figure out WHY he was the one killed. Taking a closer look at his suspects. Although that isn't always helpful if the killer killed for random reasons, or maybe kills people that never mentioned any members of the team.

But it's a starting point. After I catch up to my other game, I plan to reread Bob as a start.
Do we? In three games, I've basically never seen that.

I kinda get it. I mean, who wants Bob dead? Whoever he's after...or whoever wants to frame who he's after.

I've seen more meta discussions about it on the Syndicate but neither my saying that I wouldn't kill Silver (unofficially ambassadoring) in Phenom nor Epi saying he wouldn't kill Eloh (his wife, who he thinks he can pocket) in BvR got any kind of serious positive response. It's easy to say these things and then turn around and shoot that player anyway.

I would expect at least one Realmser on a mafia that shoots Bob, assuming it was in fact a mafia who shot Bob and assuming they did so on purpose. That's all I'm willing to bet from a meta perspective.
Safe bet, though since he was the only kill I would assume a mafia and I would heavily assume a conglomerate of Syndicate and Realmsers as scum. It tells me that anyone was fair game and that bob just happened to stand out. Fairly chatty, not someone who garners immediate night protection as a general rule among Realmsers, a safe kill.

The bigger question is which Realmser did it as part of the scum team.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 57

Re: Mass Effect Mafia (Day 1)

Post by Dom »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Jesus Christ. If I didn't already know your town game makes no sense to me after Unfortunate Events...
Don't discredit me because I suspect you. Refute it with actual specifics. Don't complain that nutella is too vague but not provide specifics on why I'm wrong.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Epignosis wrote:
I don't think.
Epi, who do you think is bad and one of thier teammates?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 76
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

RIP Bob. Sad role to lose, but rather unsurprising as a victim since he was heavily town-read. But I do agree that it's pretty likely there's at least one HCR person on the team that killed him.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 145

Post by S~V~S »

I am gonna make Bob proud and drop an early vote on Jack. I am also gonna ISO Bob in the morning.

I don't like anything Jack has said since the night post.

Don't forget kids, vote early and vote often.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dom wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Jesus Christ. If I didn't already know your town game makes no sense to me after Unfortunate Events...
Don't discredit me because I suspect you. Refute it with actual specifics. Don't complain that nutella is too vague but not provide specifics on why I'm wrong.
No.

You're claiming to magically know I lied about making a rainbow. You're either convinced I'm scum and there's nothing I can possibly do about that or you're pretending and your town play as seen in Unfortunate Events is so far off what I understand that I don't have any confidence in my ability to catch you.

You can vote for me if you like but I don't see the merit in engaging with you. I'll take my chances in surviving the day with one extra vote on me.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

@Silver

You're playing much more like bad you and much less like good you. I know you'd have no qualms about killing Bob on night one.

Why should I not vote for you and who should I vote for instead?

@SVS

Can you be more specific?

@GFish

Who is your top Syndicate suspect?

@Epi

Why you so quiet? Who is your top Realms suspect?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DrWilgy wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
I don't think.
Epi, who do you think is bad and one of thier teammates?
I don't think anyone is bad.

Nobody has teammates.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
@Epi

Does it bother you...that I'm quiet?

Does your question mean I have to...believe any of these "Realm" people are bad when it could be that all evildoers are Syndicate?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:@Silver

You're playing much more like bad you and much less like good you. I know you'd have no qualms about killing Bob on night one.

Why should I not vote for you and who should I vote for instead?

@SVS

Can you be more specific?

@GFish

Who is your top Syndicate suspect?

@Epi

Well, I voted for you yesterday and just said I literally don't like anything you have said since the night post. That is fairly specific.

I'm going to bed, night happy mafia players.
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 131

Post by gfishfunk »

Right now, my topic scum pick is Epignosis for a simple reason.

Epi was pinging some of the syndicate and did not vote. I targeted Epi with a role block. Only one kill occurred last night, and there should have been two (see the roles in he beginning). With no doctor and no bodyguard, the lack of a kill is indicative of a role block.
Sig block: Reserved for future epic fails.

I take things literally. See if you can find an example in my profile!
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Epignosis wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
@Epi

Does it bother you...that I'm quiet?

Does your question mean I have to...believe any of these "Realm" people are bad when it could be that all evildoers are Syndicate?
Yes, though I've never played with bad Epi. Never played with quiet Epi or Epi that didn't think anyone was bad. So, yeah, I'm bothered....but understanding, if you follow?

Do you think all evildoers are Syndicate? I'm more looking for an outside perspective.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

gfishfunk wrote:Right now, my topic scum pick is Epignosis for a simple reason.

Epi was pinging some of the syndicate and did not vote. I targeted Epi with a role block. Only one kill occurred last night, and there should have been two (see the roles in he beginning). With no doctor and no bodyguard, the lack of a kill is indicative of a role block.
I did not vote?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

@Svs

It's really not. I made like ten posts about lots of things.

Do you dislike anything I said or did it just not change your mind?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Epignosis wrote:

I did not vote?
I did not vote, yet I tried to kill someone.

This guy.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Epignosis wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

I did not vote?

This guy.
*puts on devil's advocate hat again*

So as long as one doesn't vote, they can't be scum, right?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

I did not vote?

This guy.

You are obtuse.

My point was that I voted. Your fishy friend is unobservant. He implied he blocked me because I didn't vote. I did vote. That means he isn't paying attention.

What does a gfunkfish not paying attention mean?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I think it's safe to assume we will lynch a baddie if we choose either Gfish today, or Hazelnut Spread friend.

Discuss.
Image Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Dom wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
No.

You're claiming to magically know I lied about making a rainbow. You're either convinced I'm scum and there's nothing I can possibly do about that or you're pretending and your town play as seen in Unfortunate Events is so far off what I understand that I don't have any confidence in my ability to catch you.

You can vote for me if you like but I don't see the merit in engaging with you. I'll take my chances in surviving the day with one extra vote on me.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Not all the roles must exist though?

Right? Am I misunderstanding something?
DrWilgy wrote:I think it's safe to assume we will lynch a baddie if we choose either Gfish today, or Hazelnut Spread friend.

Discuss.
why
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

POLL: Do you think Jack was really making a fucking rainbow list, using color codes that are all in HEX (right-- that's HEX right?) in quick reply?
That sounds like some serious bullshit to me.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Jack is either incapable of discussing things with people who suspect him or is afraid of the pressure i am exerting on him.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 252
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Dom wrote:POLL: Do you think Jack was really making a fucking rainbow list, using color codes that are all in HEX (right-- that's HEX right?) in quick reply?
Is that where this legend of the Quick Rainbow is at? Like, manual hex codes? It's not TOO crazy to me, but I'm a graphics guy. I still click the Font colour button though.

Epi, did you get roleblocked last night? Did you try to target anyone?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Would you really use manual hex codes to make a rainbow list?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Dom wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:I think it's safe to assume we will lynch a baddie if we choose either Gfish today, or Hazelnut Spread friend.

Discuss.
why
I think they are bad, what do you think?
Image Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

DrWilgy wrote:
Dom wrote:

Discuss.
why
i disagree on nutella
i am unsure on gfish
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dom doesn't suspect me? Something's wrong. :evileye:

Gfish's claim of blocking Epi is intriguing. Still not sure whether to think Epi would be acting this recklessly zany if bad, but I suppose I wouldn't entirely put it past him.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 252
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Ok, so I had to process this a bit and look over the roles a little. I thought you were claiming Saren, but Saren is bad, so you're saying that you're "Joker", and you found out you became vanilla, and you also got hit by one of these powers:
Saren Arterius
As a rogue Spectre, you have access to unique technology and training. You boast a number of unique abilities which each may be employed during night phases the number of times listed. You may not use more than one action during any single night phase.

2-shot -- You may select a player. That player’s role will not function.
2-shot -- You may select a player. That player will be protected from lethal actions.
1-shot -- You may select a player. You will be told who that player targeted if anyone.
1-shot -- You may select a player. You will be told one of that player’s remaining powers
... right? And a quick glance means it must be the first one. I think. And you thought that meant your role will not function forever. This sounds pretty I-don't-know-about-this-ish. Why would you out yourself? So the Mafia don't feel the need to kill you? Wouldn't they want to kill you if they thought everyone believed your claim?

Those roles are dense. Who are the two kills? Are they both bad? Why couldn't you just define the kills instead of slyly referencing them? Why would you out yourself over something like that? I assume there's an Alliance role with a roleblock that you're semi-claiming here, so, aren't you worried that you and your very useful roleblocking power are going to be eliminated before you really have a chance to shine? :shrug:

Discuss.
Is that in light of gfish's claim or beyond that? Right now I'm going to bed and have had a few rye and cokes, but I'm going to be honest - I am willing to believe you are right. gfish's claim seems ill-timed and vague, and I can't remember specifically, but I agreed with some of the nutella criticism earlier, in my gut. I honestly can't remember right now, but if you'll give me a bit of time tomorrow, I'll go back and find it. There was something.
Dom wrote:Would you really use manual hex codes to make a rainbow list?
I could do it. It is a feasible way to do it. It's not like trying to learn Japanese. A basic understanding of the primary colours of light is all it takes. Here I go blind:

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Purple

That didn't take that long. I would make adjustments in Preview.
nutella wrote:Dom doesn't suspect me? Something's wrong. :evileye:

Gfish's claim of blocking Epi is intriguing. Still not sure whether to think Epi would be acting this recklessly zany if bad, but I suppose I wouldn't entirely put it past him.
Shit, this is the post I was talking about. It was sitting down here in my collected quotes even as I wrote above. I don't think Epi has been recklessly zany. I think calling it "intriguing" is "interesting" if you get my drift. nutella, like, defends him even as she acknowledges he could be bad. Wishy-washy, pings me.

Long Con out. Good night.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I'm wishy-washy because I am. I don't know how to feel about Epi, but he doesn't feel like his normal self for sure. I just can't decide if that means anything alignment-wise.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Quite the leap there. Alenko, Legion, either could have been at play, not to mention all the roles with once or twice powers.

That's even if the second killer or any of those roles are in the game.

It is just as possible that the killer did not send his/her PM if in the game. And Wrex is the actual bodyguard. Bob's role was a non lethal protection role.

It is certainly possible, but it is one possibility amongst many.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Dom wrote:POLL: Do you think Jack was really making a fucking rainbow list, using color codes that are all in HEX (right-- that's HEX right?) in quick reply?
OK I myself suspect Jack, and his apparent refusal to talk to someone who is accusing him does not sit well, but why does this have bearing?

I am sure it does, or you would not have brought it up. What am I missing about his use of code specifically that makes him bad? I know Bea used to do colors with code on her Crackberry years ago since shortcuts didn't work.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

OK Dom I found it, I see your point.

@LC I thought of that too re the "I am vanilla now" post. If I had a role that says, if x happens you will become vanilla, and I then became vanilla, my first thought would be, "oh, x happened" not that some specific role with a vaguely similar power must be in play.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dom wrote:Would you really use manual hex codes to make a rainbow list?
Oh. That's what this is about?

The rainbow I actually posted isn't colored.

Nor are my Realms ones (though I usually point out yellows start here, oranges start here, etc) because yellow text doesn't show up well on the Realms forum background.

So no, I didn't use manual hex codes to create a colored rainbow list in quick reply. I made a list of players in order of trust to suspect and put in comments. Didn't quite finish. Didn't select all + copy. Page reloaded and I lost it.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Dom wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Dom wrote:

Discuss.
why
i disagree on nutella
Y tho?
Image Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Epignosis wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

I did not vote?

This guy.

You are obtuse.

My point was that I voted. Your fishy friend is unobservant. He implied he blocked me because I didn't vote. I did vote. That means he isn't paying attention.

What does a gfunkfish not paying attention mean?
Whomp whomp.

Not a great look but not the worst, either. Nother brick in the wall.

Discuss.
I don't think it's safe.

I think it's greater than 50% odds.

Right now, Silver is my top suspect as a tone read. Bob (who we know was town) agreed with my reasoning. Me and Bob are best mafia players :grin: so if we agree Silver is bad, he's probably bad.

GFish is probably bad, too. I'm certainly down for that train ride and if you had said Silver to pair with him, I would have called that a safe bet.

Nut as a low yellow for me. Still not wowed. Convinced my read triangle thing had no real merit. If I had to bet the game on her as town or not, I'd pick not. She's not a "safe" choice. I want more from her. I want more about her. I'm convinced on the others.

You got a case on Nutella that I missed?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Voting Silver, mostly because I'm tired of clicking the view poll button. I mean, he is bad but I'd normally hold my vote.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Apparently, I did not miss the Nutella case. It is unstated.

Hybridity just ended.

@IR
Did you lol at me thinking I could read you cause I said you were town in that game? I didn't. I just didn't want to get stabbed.

Here's a recent scum Silver performance:
http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=564242

Also, a town Nifty and GFish.

LC, you'd like the Hybridity series. Everyone is a combo of a Marvel character and a DC character. The players who win tend to have their characters become central to the storyline of the next game in the series so stuff that happened in game 1 had storyline repercussions in game 8.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Epi, did you get roleblocked last night? Did you try to target anyone?
If I was blocked, I was not informed. But it wouldn't have mattered.

I targeted myself, in a manner of speaking.
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

S~V~S wrote:

Quite the leap there. Alenko, Legion, either could have been at play, not to mention all the roles with once or twice powers.

That's even if the second killer or any of those roles are in the game.

It is just as possible that the killer did not send his/her PM if in the game. And Wrex is the actual bodyguard. Bob's role was a non lethal protection role.

It is certainly possible, but it is one possibility amongst many.
This is standard practice at the realms: expecting two kills and one doesn't go through? Especially if the doctor is known to be dead? You immediately go to the blocked targets.

Its cool if you don't jump to that same conclusion, but the outright dismissal of playstyles is frankly getting old.

gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Re: Mass Effect Mafia (Day 0)

Post by gfishfunk »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: REAPERS (3 roles)
They share behind the scenes communication. Win the game by eliminating the Alliance, Cerberus, and any hostile independents.
They kill on Nights 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12 (and so on with even-numbered nights)

CERBERUS (3 roles)
They share behind the scenes communication. Win the game by eliminating the Alliance, the Reapers, and any hostile independents.
They kill on Nights 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 13 (and so on with odd-numbered nights)
Two kills on night 1.

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

My primary concern with Hazelnut is her lack of content and her civ read of me.

Past games quick glance
Phenon > Nut is Civ > Reads me bad
Currents > Nut is civ > Unsure of me
Here > Nut is unknown > Town reads me

This is also with her knowing that I still want my revenge from phenon. (I didn't get it in currents, and even made it known that I missed my chance). Makes me think she doesn't want to fight me.

Her uncertainty d1 however, is something I'm used to with her.

I'd like to know why Gfish would hard claim role blocker with no doctor.
Image Image Image
gfishfunk
Stool Pigeon

Post by gfishfunk »

DrWilgy wrote:I'd like to know why Gfish would hard claim role blocker with no doctor.
Because I'm scum hunting?

I don't understand why you WOULDN'T say that you role blocked someone when fewer kills than expected occurred and you KNOW the doctor is gone. There is a good chance you blocked a kill, meaning that there is a good chance you hit scum.

There are OTHER possibilities, but this is a pretty good lead.

Return to “Mass Effect Mafia: an HCR & Syndicate crossover”