Mass Effect Mafia (END)

Here you can participate in or spectate the crossover game with HCRealms!
- 19 players
- Semi-open setup
- Day/night cycles are 48/24
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 184
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Mass Effect Mafia (Night 5)

Post by sprityo »

if anything, I hope my misdirect does something spectacular
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 327
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

sprityo wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:46 pm I had asked him in the first place to see if he would lie about his target. My main suspicion being if I had been poisoned. Henceforth if anything happened to me, it would fall back on him, and if he lied about who he visited, I would know
And that's all well and good and makes self RTing perhaps better in this game than most.

But it doesn't make me think you are good. It's just a statement that can't be proven.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:53 pm
sprityo wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:46 pm I had asked him in the first place to see if he would lie about his target. My main suspicion being if I had been poisoned. Henceforth if anything happened to me, it would fall back on him, and if he lied about who he visited, I would know
And that's all well and good and makes self RTing perhaps better in this game than most.

But it doesn't make me think you are good. It's just a statement that can't be proven.
There's a lot of things we can't prove
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 9

Post by The Dry Flood »

Night 5 is over.

Fredwood has been killed. He was:

Jeff "Joker" Moreau of the Alliance

You and EDI have forged a unique relationship in the cockpit of the Normandy. The ship and its crew rely heavily upon the both of you to handle its operation and navigation. You work much better together than you do separately. If either of you dies, the other will be stripped of any special abilities and become vanilla. If you are in the game, EDI is guaranteed to be in the game as well.

Twice during the game during any separate night phases, you may select a player A and a Player B. Actions performed by Player A will be targeted to Player B, and actions performed by Player B will be targeted to Player A. They must be two different players.

~~~

It is Day 6. You have 48 hours to lynch someone. As before, voting must be conducted within posts -- the poll is unofficial. Continue to use the VOTE JAGGEDJIMMYJAY format, please and thank you. The hosts will keep track of the tally as best as we can, though the players would be well advised to do this also.
Golden
Marmot
sprityo
The Turncoat

Re: Mass Effect Mafia (Day 6)

Post by sprityo »

Alright, moving on.

VOTE MARMOT
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Why would the reapers kill Fredwood though?

I would think that whoever is left would go for Cerberus to at least increase their chance at winning
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

sprityo wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:12 pm Why would the reapers kill Fredwood though?

I would think that whoever is left would go for Cerberus to at least increase their chance at winning
Cause he was a confirmed townie.

6 vs 2 vs 1 (plus Epi) is better than 7 vs 1 vs 1 (plus Epi).

What's your case on Marmot/MP?
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:54 pm
sprityo wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:12 pm Why would the reapers kill Fredwood though?

Cause he was a confirmed townie.

6 vs 2 vs 1 (plus Epi) is better than 7 vs 1 vs 1 (plus Epi).

What's your case on Marmot/MP?
Okay, besides the obvious. Like I said, it would've benefitted them more to kill Cerberus.

About Adam, re: earlier in the night - "Adam had a slow start, with a good chunk of his ISO being in Day 2. What REALLY got my goat with him was....in a two mafia game. Why is he only asking/referencing the Cerberus Mafia team? Like in his entire ISO you can find the word "reaper" 9 times, only once being said by him, the rest in quotes... The more i think about this....the less i like it. One last thing to top the cake, Dom made a case for why Adam was Cerberus on Night 2. Who died Night 2? It was Dom. In fact i believe Dom would've pushed this idea further had he not died."

Basically, he looks fishy under the current circumstances on top of keeping his claim to himself.
Banners:
ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 76
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Alright, I'm down.

VOTE ADAM/MARMOT
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 76
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

And sorry to see Fred go. :(
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 34
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Running tally:

[2] Adam / Marmot - sprityo, nutella

Deadline at 7 PM EST on the 21st
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: Mass Effect Mafia (Day 1)

sprityo wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:52 pm Alright im caught up first thing off the top of my head

JOH: GTH if you had to choose between saving DrWilgy, MP, or Gfish, who would you pick and why?

Personally in my mind, i have these three players in this stagnant pool where i cant pair them together at all. JOH ive seen recently has taken sides with DrWilgy so i want to know his response to this.

The reason i am currently voting LC is based off his performance in Phenon Mafia (yes i paid attention a little bit :p ), as of current i have a half meta, have gut read on LC. But i'll wave it off to meta due to it being only Day 1, which is considered a huge meta analysis day for a lot of people. LC's non-chalant, sorta playful (I cant think of a proper synonym) attitude today has left me believing he is up to his mafia aligned tricks again.

I will also go ahead and put out ill be doing more watching and digesting than regurgitating my thoughts as they come. (unless it's a funny comment, than ill probably immediately quote it). I have a habit of talking my way into a huge hole early game since i have to backing to anything and am atrocious at counter-arguing during these crucial setup days. I digress.

My current people i believe to be pretty top tier town are Llama and Dyslexicon.

EBWOP: also Epi is being real jokesy so that pings me little. But ill let it slide for now
Sprityo's first substantial post.

Interesting that he's voting LC based on Phenom. Will he vote Silver based on Phenom as well? No. Absolutely not. (Though he does overvote Silver once it is a foregone conclusion.)

Says Llama is top town and does vote with Llama against LC. Llama was town. Consistent.

Also calls Dizzy top town and of course, he wasn't. Consistent.
sprityo wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:51 pm Im not done catching up yet, but I'm not entirely convinced on epi being innocent. Not opposed to JoH lynch either, however. I am waiting reply from a host regarding a question I have. I'll get back to you once I get done reading and receive a reply
Early bad reads on me and Epi. Consistent.

A little too consistent.

Except in that he's not looking at everyone in relation to Phenon.

sprityo wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:15 pm Okay so I'm brief, just having caught up on my phone. The lynch for jack has talk in the start of today and then sorta declined in discussion with a Epi stealing center stage. SVS's logic , re: the color codes, is plausible and is much more acceptable than the whole "Epi was roleblocked + no nightkill = scum" albeit I'm not a huge fan of Eli's response to situation, it seems very...odd, or forced nonchalant.

As for yesterday, LC, I've removed suspicion from you for now, I've liked your contributions so far today. Also saw Dom just put some stuff. It seems in accordance to what Dom will say to someone so it doesn't really say anything to me about him.

As far as some of the HCR guys, I'm still not fully decided on my opinions on really any of them yet. Still trying to wrap my head around Gfish since I've been seeing him both posting and talked about in between the Epignosis debacle
sprityo wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:16 pm Oh right, and in short I'll leave my vote on JoH until further notice
Skipping some posts about Nifty, Adam and GFish. In summary, Sprityo says GFish is null a time or two and Adam is bad, then he switches to GFish being more bad than Adam but says he wants me lynched more.
sprityo wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:11 pm
Fredwood wrote:
sprityo wrote: But there are currently bigger fish to fry in my opinion instead of Gfish.
Who are they?
points at who i'm voting for

That one. I'm interested in that one.

he still hasnt answered my question from day 1 still im pretty sure, but if he has i apologize in advance
Funny reason cause I had but whatever. Kinda unclear why I'm worse than Adam and GFish, especially cause he puts forth a case on those two.

I mean, I've been told I'm not allowed to lynch everyone who votes for me for bad reasons but I keep doing it and they keep coming up bad so. :shrug:

Everything else looks pretty good so far, though.

Later, Sprityo clarifies his read on me by doing his best Realmser impression. :rolleyes:

He then takes a much more reasonable position.
sprityo wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:46 pm
gfishfunk wrote:Another idea occurred to me: suppose Epi is Reaver aligned, not Geth. Epi claims Geth. If Geth is in the game, Geth has no reason to share it.

This opens a one-way information flow. Geth now can follow Epi's lead.

Due to Geth's power set-up, people have a disincentive to target Epi, believing him to be Geth.
Epignosis wrote:Looking at those numbers, the civilians can afford (in a worst case scenario) three bad lynches.
I disagree. Scum factions need to hunt each other and will be looking at nightkilling each other if possible.
Okay so im here, and i agree with Gfish's concept he's putting out right here. I was thinking the same thing.

I personally believe that Epi will not die by nightkill this game if he keeps playing the way he is. I can barely tell he's trying to do anything besides save himself at this point. No content to counteract the defensive standpoint, it's all "fuck off, im more helpful to you all alive than not." which again, has been the exact opposite thus far.

Secondly, wanted to bring up Jack again and how there's a lot of comparing him to his performance in Phenon (It's PhenoN with an N, but i know mobile will autocorrect it, so phooey). essentially what im getting at here is this kind of push to get him lynched based off of a still single piece of evidence combined with these other weak stances and comparisons make me doubt if he should be lynched. Like if youre going to push to lynch a player, at least put some meat behind it yeah?
Then we go here.
sprityo wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:50 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote:
sprityo wrote:I have returned, im still pushing for JoH or Epi if that's on the table

I regrettably havent been paying much attention today and am not even sure why you guys are voting Silver
Is the argument for lynching Epi due to you not believing his claim or what?

I still may consider JOH myself, but like you I feel like I've been mostly out of the loop since D1.
I believe he's 3rd party indi. or im at least 90% sure he's independent

I just dont think he's playing towards the town's interest as of current. (or at least on my last check of him)
I hate that this entire ISO is about me but Sprityo isn't changing opinions on anybody but me and Epi. He's mostly (but not entirely) anti Epi. Not at all like Silver's pro-Epi stance.

Sprityo votes Silver to ensure no funny business on that lynch. Apparently, this is a thing we are doing now. The similar HCRealms thing is to pile on to 2/3rds of votes on every lynch in case of lawyers but we've kinda gotten away from that.
sprityo wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:29 pm good job gang

good job to the HCR guys for picking up on Silver's meta :beer:
Oddly enough, Sprityo actually calls out the Silver meta catch.

So why am I not cleared of being a ro-bit then but I was when Dizzy was lynched? :evileye:
sprityo wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:01 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
sprityo wrote:naw

anyways, ive already explained why i watched myself, if you choose not to believe that, well i apologize.

in my own words i said "If I am able to, i want to RT myself, otherwise i want to watch DrWilgy"

to which i got a response along the lines of "youre allowed to watch yourself" and i was like cool

but it appears my other course of action wouldve been better. damn you self targetting :fist: why did you have to be such a good idea in my head?
Yeah. Wigly would have been a lot better.

I'd like you to watch me tonight if you are who you say you are. I don't want to be silenced again. You don't have to say anything. Just throwing that out there.
That's a negatory, ive used up both my RT's already

I've got both shots of my other ability ready though

if you must know, Nobody targetted JoH Night 1
Sprityo must be bad cause there ain't no way I didn't get targeted on night 1. :omg:

Okay so that's 3 pages of 4 on Sprityo's iso. I gotta go get slurpies, now.

I know his recent actions worry me but most of the ISO looks surprisingly good. I have some concern with Sprityo voting me instead of Dizzy. I have some concern with Sprityo's "I feel confident that Jack isn't a Reaver" thing. I don't really like that Sprityo has basically no interaction with Silver or Dizzy. His GFish interactions are not my favorite, either. Like "Yeah, GFish is bad but why don't we lynch Jack for vague reasons."

I could see him being lots of alignments.

Why did you think Dizzy was town again, Sprityo? You never really said, at least in the first three pages.

Will move on to some other players, now.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 145

Post by S~V~S »

nutella wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:36 pm Alright, I'm down.

VOTE ADAM/MARMOT
Why?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I never thought dizzy was town, i had them in a null spot, right above the three people i suspected most

It was a position i was not against or for, but wouldve rather gotten someone else.

Later,
Once CaptainNifty and I had this exchange:
sprityo wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:00 pm
CaptainNifty wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:07 pm
sprityo wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:42 am I'm still not seeing eye to eye on why you all vote Dyslexicon, I'm sticking to my guns on this one

VOTE JACKOFHEARTS
It's mostly about DOE, and Dyslexicon is a better choice than you or SVS as far as I'm concerned. Also, Dyslexicon comes onto the thread after being relatively quiet for a while, and starts accusing people who have been all but cleared.
that.....makes sense actually.

alright then.
It started to make more sense and i felt better about the lynch going through (besides the obvious fact that i was getting nowhere pushing my views)

Jack, i cant claim to be "the best player on HCRealms" like you can (well mostly because i've never played there, but this is just an example), the way you've played this whole game has rubbed me the wrong way. Which i know i mentioned earlier as well. Maybe this is due to me never having really played with you? Who knows. Perhaps i made myself too tunnel-sighted earlier and that really was my main goal was to get the distraction out of my face.
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:06 pm His GFish interactions are not my favorite, either. Like "Yeah, GFish is bad but why don't we lynch Jack for vague reasons."
Also, im not sure where youre getting this idea from.
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

One last thing before sleepy time

My results for reverse tracking/watching JoH on night one was that no one (except myself of course) visited him.

So why are you so sure about you being targeted on night 1?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

sprityo wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:52 pm Alright im caught up first thing off the top of my head

JOH: GTH if you had to choose between saving DrWilgy, MP, or Gfish, who would you pick and why?

Personally in my mind, i have these three players in this stagnant pool where i cant pair them together at all. JOH ive seen recently has taken sides with DrWilgy so i want to know his response to this.

The reason i am currently voting LC is based off his performance in Phenon Mafia (yes i paid attention a little bit :p ), as of current i have a half meta, have gut read on LC. But i'll wave it off to meta due to it being only Day 1, which is considered a huge meta analysis day for a lot of people. LC's non-chalant, sorta playful (I cant think of a proper synonym) attitude today has left me believing he is up to his mafia aligned tricks again.

I will also go ahead and put out ill be doing more watching and digesting than regurgitating my thoughts as they come. (unless it's a funny comment, than ill probably immediately quote it). I have a habit of talking my way into a huge hole early game since i have to backing to anything and am atrocious at counter-arguing during these crucial setup days. I digress.

My current people i believe to be pretty top tier town are Llama and Dyslexicon.

EBWOP: also Epi is being real jokesy so that pings me little. But ill let it slide for now
^This post, Sprit. Very early from you. Why did you think Dizzy was town at this point?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: Mass Effect Mafia (Day 2)

sprityo wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:15 pm Okay so I'm brief, just having caught up on my phone. The lynch for jack has talk in the start of today and then sorta declined in discussion with a Epi stealing center stage. SVS's logic , re: the color codes, is plausible and is much more acceptable than the whole "Epi was roleblocked + no nightkill = scum" albeit I'm not a huge fan of Eli's response to situation, it seems very...odd, or forced nonchalant.

As for yesterday, LC, I've removed suspicion from you for now, I've liked your contributions so far today. Also saw Dom just put some stuff. It seems in accordance to what Dom will say to someone so it doesn't really say anything to me about him.

As far as some of the HCR guys, I'm still not fully decided on my opinions on really any of them yet. Still trying to wrap my head around Gfish since I've been seeing him both posting and talked about in between the Epignosis debacle
sprityo wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:32 pm @DrWilgy, I'm heading out to dinner, I'll answer as soon as I return

But off the top of my head without going back to check I believe you to be pretty town, with nifty and gfish as null or slight town, and Adam as null/slight scum.
sprityo wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:04 pm
DrWilgy wrote:Sprit, I need thoughts on me, the 3 who voted epi (Nifty, Gfish, and Adam) right now.

Alright so-

Dr.Wilgy: Among his content, we have a typical DrWilgy day 0 with jokes and such. Moves into question asking with a decent half of his content focussed on Gfish. All his questions though seem appropriate with no malice behind them. I believe him to be working as a town should, trying to piece together either the whole puzzle, or figuring out where a piece fits in. He's taken the role of "Towny in the Spotlight" i want to say due to MP not being around to blow up the thread. :nicenod: Dr.Wilgy is confident one of Adam, Gfish, or Nifty is bad, however Adam and Nifty havent really been a focus of his as far as i can tell by looking through his ISO. Do you think that will bias your opinion at all Wilgy?

Moving on-

Gfish: So starting off, lots of mechanics talk and comparisons/recollections to past experiences. Has a small read list. Lists MP, Llama, LC, and Raven as his slightly less town reads. Most players are completely null as well as almost entirely consisting of Syndicate members, which is reasonable. He is able to make a better read over his familiar players as well as the people that are most apparent to him. I can understand that. Back to more mechanics talk. It's also worth noting he likes to switch his vote around a lot. Eventually ends day one by leaving his vote on llama. His day one performance overall didnt really make me like him as a town player at all, if anything it was a lot of content i personally cant really use. Only thing usable would be his actions themselves. Moving into day 2 now, night 1 posts did not happen, move immediately into a roleclaim and accusation of Epignosis based on Gfish's own knowledge of his role and the game information provided. This ends up being the real highlight conversation of the first 12 hours or so. The latter half of this time has been pursuing Epi. So after reading all this i can say i maintain what ive said about Gfish just now in what i thought about his day 1, he is trying to "scumhunt" but he is doing in a way i dont exactly agree with. Sorta beating around the bush.

Adam: Nothing especially note worthy up until day 2 except for his vote on llama. saying it fell to llama according to his "diagram." something about looking between LC and llama and deciding llama was the better choice. Day 2 has some more enlightening posts that make me feel good about Adam, i definetly look forward to seeing what he puts out in the coming days. But his initial voting for epignosis today was reasonable and his defense on why he thinks Gfish is probably town is believable from my perspective.

Nifty: Comes into thread Day 1, immediately mentions he doesnt like llama's style. (yea i get that :p) Off the top of my head Day 1 i felt pretty good about CaptainNifty, and looking at his ISO, I can say im more inclined to believe him to be town over Adam and Gfish. Gfish was suspicious of him Day 1 (i think) but im not seeing any suspicious activity. CaptainNifty, for the most part, has provided a well structured response to quotes as well as provide a straightforward answer about what he thinks about multiple people and situations.

@DrWilgy, so if i had to rank in order of best looking to worst i would say DrWilgy, CaptainNifty, Adam, Gfish.

But there are currently bigger fish to fry in my opinion instead of Gfish.
^Posts from Day Two regarding GFish vs Jack

This was reinterpreted by me as "I suspect GFish but will vote for Jack for vague reasons."

Perhaps an unfair statement but at any rate, these are the posts I'm talking about.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

sprityo wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:03 pm One last thing before sleepy time

My results for reverse tracking/watching JoH on night one was that no one (except myself of course) visited him.

So why are you so sure about you being targeted on night 1?
Was mostly joking.

In the last completed game I played in on HCRealms, I got triple blocked on night 1.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

@Marmot

ISO me. Search for @MP or maybe just MP.

I basically gave him a good summary. From there, you can read a few pages and be caught up.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 145

Post by S~V~S »

sprityo wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:51 pm I never thought dizzy was town, i had them in a null spot, right above the three people i suspected most

It was a position i was not against or for, but wouldve rather gotten someone else.

Later,
Once CaptainNifty and I had this exchange:
sprityo wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:00 pm
CaptainNifty wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:07 pm
sprityo wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:42 am I'm still not seeing eye to eye on why you all vote Dyslexicon, I'm sticking to my guns on this one

VOTE JACKOFHEARTS
It's mostly about DOE, and Dyslexicon is a better choice than you or SVS as far as I'm concerned. Also, Dyslexicon comes onto the thread after being relatively quiet for a while, and starts accusing people who have been all but cleared.
that.....makes sense actually.

alright then.
It started to make more sense and i felt better about the lynch going through (besides the obvious fact that i was getting nowhere pushing my views)

Jack, i cant claim to be "the best player on HCRealms" like you can (well mostly because i've never played there, but this is just an example), the way you've played this whole game has rubbed me the wrong way. Which i know i mentioned earlier as well. Maybe this is due to me never having really played with you? Who knows. Perhaps i made myself too tunnel-sighted earlier and that really was my main goal was to get the distraction out of my face.
This is exactly how I feel re Jack. I have this whole paranoia Seemer based theory about him. The day I was almost lynched, I fully expected to falsely flip bad. But I didn't care because I was tired of butting my head into a wall. The more I look back on it the more I think Nutella and Jack are Cerberus based on their attitudes that day, although I thought the opposite at that time. And none of this, "oh but he was instrumental in lynching x" wifom bullshit.

@Marmot,. Dont just read one person; for perspective read sprit as well. Especially someone who tells you all the perspective you need can be gained from him. Lol.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I can't recall why I rated Dyslexicon a high town read, likely me internally remembering how they played in phenon early on and relating it as similar

The next thing, I wasn't looking at gfish as the worst option, I was looking at him im comparison to the other 3 people that wilgy had asked me to examine
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Addition: and so that's why I said I wanted to lynch you over him
Banners:
ImageImageImage
CaptainNifty
Posts in topic: 86

Post by CaptainNifty »

@sprit
You said you used a misdirect. Who did you target?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

@Sprityo

I can get on board with seeing Dizzy as similar to Phenon and thus good. I got a similar early game vibe from her as well.

@Marmot

To clarify, ISO me just to find my summary. Then read all posts (not my ISO) going forward. The few subjective things in that summary are called out by other players after that post.

I'll try to do my homework later.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I'd also love to hear everyone's general strategic thoughts about dealing with late game replacements. INH and Marmot are not going to have consistent reads with Adam and MP. They won't be able to clarify earlier posts. They might not have confident reads for awhile.

Outside of this game, what do you do about players like that?

Part of (certainly not all of) why Sloonei's mafia beat my town in last year's champs game was I didn't know what to do with players who weren't firing on all cylinders. We lynched a mafia member with no content but it was a total crapshoot. We lynched a townie and almost lynched another for not being clear on reads, not weighing in on much, not being consistent/helpful but those players were floundering because they were behind. Looking back, I still see the votes I did and did not place on these players as 100% guesses and I'm not sure what I could have done differently on that front. But I bet there was something.

So what's your SOP for that?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

@Epi

I need a rainbow or secret code from you. You know why.
Immortal_Raven
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Immortal_Raven »

My read on sprit right now is purely power based. It is possible that he was using Dyslexicon's (Saren's) tracking results, but that seems far-fetched given that sprit came directly at me with it. Right now, I think you're looking for zebras Jack as far is sprit is concerned. What I don't know is if you're scum misdirecting or just generally entertaining all possibilities.

VOTE ADAM/MARMOT

This seems the best for now, if nothing else than to get Marmot talking for a potential read.

Perhaps some duel pressure on inh would be wise as well.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I have Adam as a rough null. Was borderline missing when the game started to come together and Marmot hasn't said much.

A POE Adam lynch on Day 6 would have sounded great to Day 4/5 me. My very likely town pool has been reduced to Nifty. My very likely bad pool has been reduced to....I'm going to very tentatively say "nobody."

So I'll try to get to my homework but with three votes already on Adam, I'd like some stronger reasoning.
CaptainNifty

Post by CaptainNifty »

I actually look at replacements generally unfavorably. If you replace in you need to be active and open. Replacements can't hide information if they want to stay on my good side. If they have votes and someone asks for targets and a claim, they should cooperate.

I think from a POE perspective Adam/Marmot is our best lynch, but I don't feel strongly on that.

I agree that I have nobody as a strong scum. You still are on my radar, but that's because I have no idea who you are. I know you're not a Reaper, but you could still very easily be Cerberus. I like the idea of you as the Illusive Man, but I don't feel strongly that you are on that mafia.

I still think without further information we should lynch Marmot, but I'd be good with INH or Epi. I could be convinced to lynch Raven pretty easily.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Updated rainbow.

Jack
Nifty
Nutella?
Raven?

Bleh.

How about "who is not Reaper?"
SVS, Nifty

"Who is not Cerberus?"
Need homework. We've got nothing on this faction for 4 days.

How about "who is paired?"
If Sprityo is bad, so is Raven
If SVS is bad, so is MP/MM

Bleh.

Who is not paired?
Nutella and SVS

None of these answers are long enough for a POE lynch.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

N1 I RT'd JoH and saw no one else visit him
N2 I missed the submission
N3 I RTd myself and saw I_R visit me
N4 I Misdirected Captain Nifty
N5 I misdirected INH

It's also worth noting I have an extra shot of misdirection given to me by the hosts due to me not understanding the mechanic (which is to randomly assign the target of whoever I targeted with the misdirect)
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:24 am Updated rainbow.

Jack
Nifty
Nutella?
Raven?

Bleh.

SVS, Nifty

"Who is not Cerberus?"

Bleh.

Who is not paired?
Nutella and SVS

Do you think nutella would be paired with Nifty or not paired?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
CaptainNifty

Post by CaptainNifty »

sprityo wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:28 am N1 I RT'd JoH and saw no one else visit him
N5 I misdirected INH

It's also worth noting I have an extra shot of misdirection given to me by the hosts due to me not understanding the mechanic (which is to randomly assign the target of whoever I targeted with the misdirect)
Why in the world would you misdirect me. I tried to target Wilgy that night. Since you misdirected me, there is a solid chance that scum received an additional shot of a limited power.

BAD MOVE!
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

sprityo wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:34 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:24 am Updated rainbow.

Jack
Nifty
Nutella?
Raven?

Bleh.

SVS, Nifty

"Who is not Cerberus?"

Bleh.

Who is not paired?
Nutella and SVS

Do you think nutella would be paired with Nifty or not paired?
If Nifty is bad, Nutella is bad but I don't think Nifty is bad.

Nutella flipping bad would not impact my Nifty read much.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

CaptainNifty wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:38 am
sprityo wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:28 am N1 I RT'd JoH and saw no one else visit him
N5 I misdirected INH

Why in the world would you misdirect me. I tried to target Wilgy that night. Since you misdirected me, there is a solid chance that scum received an additional shot of a limited power.

BAD MOVE!
I was notified at the last minute that the action was different from a bus drive, so spur of the moment I picked randomly
Banners:
ImageImageImage
CaptainNifty

Post by CaptainNifty »

sprityo wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:58 am
CaptainNifty wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:38 am
N5 I misdirected INH

BAD MOVE!
I was notified at the last minute that the action was different from a bus drive, so spur of the moment I picked randomly
Really, Really bad pick.

Like just about anybody else would have been better.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Oh! I had a thought.

The robots killed Fredwood last night. In my opinion, that was the ideal choice and was most likely intentional.

This makes it unlikely INH or MM is the last Reaper. This is especially true if Sprityo is claiming to have misdirected INH. Add Nifty, SVS, Epi and myself to the list and the last Reaper should be Raven, Nutella or Sprityo.

Agree? Disagree?

That said, a Cerberus lynch is probably ideal today.

@Raven

But why do you think Sprityo has information on you at all? If I told you I copped you as town, would you think I was the cop? Would you rule out the idea that I just "confirmed" what you said so as not to narrow down the lynch possibilities to you and me?

Don't mistake me not following your train of thought as me waving a "lynch Sprityo" flag. This is about understanding your line of thinking.

@Nifty

I agree that was a bad pick. Nobody is better than a random target. I also think the self reverse track is a bad move. But is that alignment indicative?

@Sprityo

My understanding is that your homesite plays with setups with lots of powers. What's your general strategy with some common powers you see on your homesite?
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

So is there anyone we think is silenced today?

We haven't yet heard once from our replacement people

Same goes to epignosis.

.....I still want more from Nutella

Linki: I've never been one much for strategy, it's also been 2-3 years since I've been on the site so I couldn't tell you off memory
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

perhaps maybe we can get a host to check up on INH and Marmot?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

@Sprit

Okay.

Where I'm coming from is the Realms, for all its crutchy power/claim reliance, got good at evaluating power/claim stuff.

Phenon was very similar to the average Realms setup. In Phenon, I thought Golden was bad because he used his watcher/RT power poorly. And he was bad.

Perhaps that's broken clock logic, though.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I see, so in my past experiences setups were always one or the other. (With small twists thrown in) so either a closed setup and all role reveal (like phenon) or a open setup with no reveals. In the case of an open setup it was always you don't claim unless you absolutely have to. Even then some people didn't claim. I even had it in my rules for phenon, "claiming is allowed but is frowned upon, especially mass claiming" due to it removing a lot of the mystery, in the case of this game it's a pick your poison type setup so it has leeway with predestined roles you can attempt to lie about as opposed to claiming a new role entirely. The games as well had decent amounts of plain vanilla players in the game (usually 1/2 to 1/3 of the town population)
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

A lot of what I remember is basic strategy though like claiming when you think you have something damning against a player and using textual evidence to find the baddies. We also used voting patterns as well (like how I had colored that voting list earlier)
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I like the man pick your poison but that's what we called a different setup where there roles were there and dons were randomized. Then dons picked a few goons each. Then publicly, a random player gave a power role to whoever they wanted. Then that player gave a power role to whoever they wanted until everyone had a role. That was "pick your poison."

This style should be like....Ukrainian Roulette or something.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

*name
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

hi speedchuck
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 9
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Hi. I just wanted to thank all of you, especially the newcomers from HCRealms, for bearing with us as our tech team works through all the unforeseen problems they've encountered in this recent update. It is unfortunate that this has all happened, and even moreso considering the timing of it right in the middle of this game. While it is nobody's fault at all, and there is no doubt that everyone is working very hard to get the Syndicate back to full strength right now, we would like to apologize again for the interruption to this game. I assure you all that this is not a regular occurrence here. :nicenod:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Immortal_Raven
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Immortal_Raven »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:06 pm Oh! I had a thought.

The robots killed Fredwood last night. In my opinion, that was the ideal choice and was most likely intentional.

This makes it unlikely INH or MM is the last Reaper. This is especially true if Sprityo is claiming to have misdirected INH. Add Nifty, SVS, Epi and myself to the list and the last Reaper should be Raven, Nutella or Sprityo.

Agree? Disagree?

That said, a Cerberus lynch is probably ideal today.

@Raven

But why do you think Sprityo has information on you at all? If I told you I copped you as town, would you think I was the cop? Would you rule out the idea that I just "confirmed" what you said so as not to narrow down the lynch possibilities to you and me?

Don't mistake me not following your train of thought as me waving a "lynch Sprityo" flag. This is about understanding your line of thinking.

@Nifty

I agree that was a bad pick. Nobody is better than a random target. I also think the self reverse track is a bad move. But is that alignment indicative?

@Sprityo

My understanding is that your homesite plays with setups with lots of powers. What's your general strategy with some common powers you see on your homesite?
My train of thought comes from sprit's aggressive play in asking me who I targeted. Why ask me that day as opposed to another? I think he thought he had something on me and when I answered truthfully, he backed off. Again, it doesn't rule out him totally bluffing or using a teammate's info, but I find it more likely that he went aggressive toward me because he had info and I've been pretty quiet/hard to get a read on. If he could catch me in a lie and get a lynch off, then why not do it, especially if he is town and thought I was scum at the time.
CaptainNifty

Post by CaptainNifty »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:22 pm Hi. I just wanted to thank all of you, especially the newcomers from HCRealms, for bearing with us as our tech team works through all the unforeseen problems they've encountered in this recent update. It is unfortunate that this has all happened, and even moreso considering the timing of it right in the middle of this game. While it is nobody's fault at all, and there is no doubt that everyone is working very hard to get the Syndicate back to full strength right now, we would like to apologize again for the interruption to this game. I assure you all that this is not a regular occurrence here. :nicenod:
Don't sweat it. We have on occasion experienced what we lovingly call 'Realmsquakes. These occur periodically for the same reasons as is happening here. You guys are doing great.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

But the bullet on the Adam ISO (you have to use the front page links).

Interacts early with both GFish and Dizzy. Mostly null read for me. Adam is #neverscared imo. Especially as town? Maybe. Haven't played with him enough lately.

His first rainbow is pretty funny in a hindsighty way. Has GFish, CBob pegged as town. Says Llama, Fred, LC, Nifty, Silver, Wigly bad. Wigly's style does rub some Realmsers badly (I like it, though.)

Gets a little annoyed with GFish for "spamming". Iirc, some people didn't like that post but I don't mind it. Calls CBob his top town read.

Throws down a vote for Llama, noting that Llama is suspicious, Llama is lynchable and some people are avoiding a Llama/LC tiff, which he takes to mean one is bad.

I half jokingly ask Silver if he throws fits when he's scum. Adam says Silver throws fits like every other game.

GFish says either me, Nifty or Adam is 90% mafia cause our top town reads were mentioned by someone else first. Bad logic. Adam retorts that he gave his reads before GFish did, meaning GFish copied him, not the other way around.

Adam weighs in on Rainbowgate. "Why would he even lie about that?"

Adam weighs in on the GFish/Epi gambit pileup. Votes Epi. Thinks people are defending Epi cause they're scumbuddies.

There's some further defense of GFish's actions as "SOP" and calls the GFish gambit "pressure voting."

Spends quite a bit of time as communication facilitator. Points out misunderstandings, promotes the idea of culture clash.

Removes vote from Epi. Votes Raven. Explanation:
Adam wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:47 pm
DrWilgy wrote:
Adam wrote:
DrWilgy wrote: How does that work in this environment?
I'm not entirely sure yet. That's really the fun of a crossover game, isn't it?
So, now instead of explaining the wagon with the most votes as a pressure, how about you tell me what you think of Gfish and Nifty? How do you feel about them being the only 2 voting with you?
They're both playing as I expect them to. Nifty's gotten a lot better recently with his tells and behaving consistently no matter his alignment. I started off reading him a little on the scum side, but I don't know if that's recency bias or not. Gfish has been playing loud, but nothing he's done so far is inconsistent with how he would play as town. He also tends to intentionally play as a scum-seeming townie, which provides him with cover when he's bad.

This role block of Epi tells me: Someone definitely role blocked (or attempted to role block) Epi

I see multiple scenarios for how gfish would act
1) If gfish was a town RB, I would expect him to call out Epi, especially if it was a one-shot RB
2) If gfish was mafia in a game with only one mafia, I don't think he would out the target of his RB because he knows it would be town
3) In this game with two mafias, and gfish was on one of the two mafias and thought he stopped the opposing mafia's kill with a RB, he would definitely fight full force to get that player lynched and be a successful scum hunter.

If in the end gfish had not backed off of Epi, I think he would be mafia, but based on how easily he let it go once Epi claimed, my inclination is that gfish is town.
Adam's next rainbowish post is much more accurate.
Says GFish, Silver, Dizzy, Jack look worse.
Says SVS, Wigly, Fred, Sprityo look better.

His basic point on GFish is that GFish was really hunting. Either he's bad and looking for the other bad guy team or he's good and looking for all bad guys. Epi being neutral makes GFish look worse to Adam.

Says I lack footing. When I question him about may lack of footing (citing several town and scum reads I have), he refers to my back and forth with Dom as nonproductive. Well no shit but that's still a misrepresentation. I also ask him what specific SVS posts he likes. He doesn't say.

Votes GFish as his last post of the day.

Finish this later.

Return to “Mass Effect Mafia: an HCR & Syndicate crossover”