Mass Effect Mafia (END)

Here you can participate in or spectate the crossover game with HCRealms!
- 19 players
- Semi-open setup
- Day/night cycles are 48/24
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 327
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: Mass Effect Mafia (Day 6)

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

@Sprit

Okay.

Where I'm coming from is the Realms, for all its crutchy power/claim reliance, got good at evaluating power/claim stuff.

Phenon was very similar to the average Realms setup. In Phenon, I thought Golden was bad because he used his watcher/RT power poorly. And he was bad.

Perhaps that's broken clock logic, though.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 184
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

I see, so in my past experiences setups were always one or the other. (With small twists thrown in) so either a closed setup and all role reveal (like phenon) or a open setup with no reveals. In the case of an open setup it was always you don't claim unless you absolutely have to. Even then some people didn't claim. I even had it in my rules for phenon, "claiming is allowed but is frowned upon, especially mass claiming" due to it removing a lot of the mystery, in the case of this game it's a pick your poison type setup so it has leeway with predestined roles you can attempt to lie about as opposed to claiming a new role entirely. The games as well had decent amounts of plain vanilla players in the game (usually 1/2 to 1/3 of the town population)
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

A lot of what I remember is basic strategy though like claiming when you think you have something damning against a player and using textual evidence to find the baddies. We also used voting patterns as well (like how I had colored that voting list earlier)
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I like the man pick your poison but that's what we called a different setup where there roles were there and dons were randomized. Then dons picked a few goons each. Then publicly, a random player gave a power role to whoever they wanted. Then that player gave a power role to whoever they wanted until everyone had a role. That was "pick your poison."

This style should be like....Ukrainian Roulette or something.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

*name
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

hi speedchuck
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 9
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Hi. I just wanted to thank all of you, especially the newcomers from HCRealms, for bearing with us as our tech team works through all the unforeseen problems they've encountered in this recent update. It is unfortunate that this has all happened, and even moreso considering the timing of it right in the middle of this game. While it is nobody's fault at all, and there is no doubt that everyone is working very hard to get the Syndicate back to full strength right now, we would like to apologize again for the interruption to this game. I assure you all that this is not a regular occurrence here. :nicenod:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Immortal_Raven
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Immortal_Raven »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:06 pm Oh! I had a thought.

The robots killed Fredwood last night. In my opinion, that was the ideal choice and was most likely intentional.

This makes it unlikely INH or MM is the last Reaper. This is especially true if Sprityo is claiming to have misdirected INH. Add Nifty, SVS, Epi and myself to the list and the last Reaper should be Raven, Nutella or Sprityo.

Agree? Disagree?

That said, a Cerberus lynch is probably ideal today.

@Raven

But why do you think Sprityo has information on you at all? If I told you I copped you as town, would you think I was the cop? Would you rule out the idea that I just "confirmed" what you said so as not to narrow down the lynch possibilities to you and me?

Don't mistake me not following your train of thought as me waving a "lynch Sprityo" flag. This is about understanding your line of thinking.

@Nifty

I agree that was a bad pick. Nobody is better than a random target. I also think the self reverse track is a bad move. But is that alignment indicative?

@Sprityo

My understanding is that your homesite plays with setups with lots of powers. What's your general strategy with some common powers you see on your homesite?
My train of thought comes from sprit's aggressive play in asking me who I targeted. Why ask me that day as opposed to another? I think he thought he had something on me and when I answered truthfully, he backed off. Again, it doesn't rule out him totally bluffing or using a teammate's info, but I find it more likely that he went aggressive toward me because he had info and I've been pretty quiet/hard to get a read on. If he could catch me in a lie and get a lynch off, then why not do it, especially if he is town and thought I was scum at the time.
CaptainNifty
Posts in topic: 86

Post by CaptainNifty »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:22 pm Hi. I just wanted to thank all of you, especially the newcomers from HCRealms, for bearing with us as our tech team works through all the unforeseen problems they've encountered in this recent update. It is unfortunate that this has all happened, and even moreso considering the timing of it right in the middle of this game. While it is nobody's fault at all, and there is no doubt that everyone is working very hard to get the Syndicate back to full strength right now, we would like to apologize again for the interruption to this game. I assure you all that this is not a regular occurrence here. :nicenod:
Don't sweat it. We have on occasion experienced what we lovingly call 'Realmsquakes. These occur periodically for the same reasons as is happening here. You guys are doing great.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

But the bullet on the Adam ISO (you have to use the front page links).

Interacts early with both GFish and Dizzy. Mostly null read for me. Adam is #neverscared imo. Especially as town? Maybe. Haven't played with him enough lately.

His first rainbow is pretty funny in a hindsighty way. Has GFish, CBob pegged as town. Says Llama, Fred, LC, Nifty, Silver, Wigly bad. Wigly's style does rub some Realmsers badly (I like it, though.)

Gets a little annoyed with GFish for "spamming". Iirc, some people didn't like that post but I don't mind it. Calls CBob his top town read.

Throws down a vote for Llama, noting that Llama is suspicious, Llama is lynchable and some people are avoiding a Llama/LC tiff, which he takes to mean one is bad.

I half jokingly ask Silver if he throws fits when he's scum. Adam says Silver throws fits like every other game.

GFish says either me, Nifty or Adam is 90% mafia cause our top town reads were mentioned by someone else first. Bad logic. Adam retorts that he gave his reads before GFish did, meaning GFish copied him, not the other way around.

Adam weighs in on Rainbowgate. "Why would he even lie about that?"

Adam weighs in on the GFish/Epi gambit pileup. Votes Epi. Thinks people are defending Epi cause they're scumbuddies.

There's some further defense of GFish's actions as "SOP" and calls the GFish gambit "pressure voting."

Spends quite a bit of time as communication facilitator. Points out misunderstandings, promotes the idea of culture clash.

Removes vote from Epi. Votes Raven. Explanation:
Adam wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:47 pm
DrWilgy wrote:
Adam wrote:
DrWilgy wrote: How does that work in this environment?
I'm not entirely sure yet. That's really the fun of a crossover game, isn't it?
So, now instead of explaining the wagon with the most votes as a pressure, how about you tell me what you think of Gfish and Nifty? How do you feel about them being the only 2 voting with you?
They're both playing as I expect them to. Nifty's gotten a lot better recently with his tells and behaving consistently no matter his alignment. I started off reading him a little on the scum side, but I don't know if that's recency bias or not. Gfish has been playing loud, but nothing he's done so far is inconsistent with how he would play as town. He also tends to intentionally play as a scum-seeming townie, which provides him with cover when he's bad.

This role block of Epi tells me: Someone definitely role blocked (or attempted to role block) Epi

I see multiple scenarios for how gfish would act
1) If gfish was a town RB, I would expect him to call out Epi, especially if it was a one-shot RB
2) If gfish was mafia in a game with only one mafia, I don't think he would out the target of his RB because he knows it would be town
3) In this game with two mafias, and gfish was on one of the two mafias and thought he stopped the opposing mafia's kill with a RB, he would definitely fight full force to get that player lynched and be a successful scum hunter.

If in the end gfish had not backed off of Epi, I think he would be mafia, but based on how easily he let it go once Epi claimed, my inclination is that gfish is town.
Adam's next rainbowish post is much more accurate.
Says GFish, Silver, Dizzy, Jack look worse.
Says SVS, Wigly, Fred, Sprityo look better.

His basic point on GFish is that GFish was really hunting. Either he's bad and looking for the other bad guy team or he's good and looking for all bad guys. Epi being neutral makes GFish look worse to Adam.

Says I lack footing. When I question him about may lack of footing (citing several town and scum reads I have), he refers to my back and forth with Dom as nonproductive. Well no shit but that's still a misrepresentation. I also ask him what specific SVS posts he likes. He doesn't say.

Votes GFish as his last post of the day.

Finish this later.
CaptainNifty

Post by CaptainNifty »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:10 pm But the bullet on the Adam ISO (you have to use the front page links).

Interacts early with both GFish and Dizzy. Mostly null read for me. Adam is #neverscared imo. Especially as town? Maybe. Haven't played with him enough lately.

His first rainbow is pretty funny in a hindsighty way. Has GFish, CBob pegged as town. Says Llama, Fred, LC, Nifty, Silver, Wigly bad. Wigly's style does rub some Realmsers badly (I like it, though.)

Gets a little annoyed with GFish for "spamming". Iirc, some people didn't like that post but I don't mind it. Calls CBob his top town read.

Throws down a vote for Llama, noting that Llama is suspicious, Llama is lynchable and some people are avoiding a Llama/LC tiff, which he takes to mean one is bad.

I half jokingly ask Silver if he throws fits when he's scum. Adam says Silver throws fits like every other game.

GFish says either me, Nifty or Adam is 90% mafia cause our top town reads were mentioned by someone else first. Bad logic. Adam retorts that he gave his reads before GFish did, meaning GFish copied him, not the other way around.

Adam weighs in on Rainbowgate. "Why would he even lie about that?"

Adam weighs in on the GFish/Epi gambit pileup. Votes Epi. Thinks people are defending Epi cause they're scumbuddies.

There's some further defense of GFish's actions as "SOP" and calls the GFish gambit "pressure voting."

Spends quite a bit of time as communication facilitator. Points out misunderstandings, promotes the idea of culture clash.

Removes vote from Epi. Votes Raven. Explanation:
Adam wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:47 pm
DrWilgy wrote:
Adam wrote:
So, now instead of explaining the wagon with the most votes as a pressure, how about you tell me what you think of Gfish and Nifty? How do you feel about them being the only 2 voting with you?
They're both playing as I expect them to. Nifty's gotten a lot better recently with his tells and behaving consistently no matter his alignment. I started off reading him a little on the scum side, but I don't know if that's recency bias or not. Gfish has been playing loud, but nothing he's done so far is inconsistent with how he would play as town. He also tends to intentionally play as a scum-seeming townie, which provides him with cover when he's bad.

This role block of Epi tells me: Someone definitely role blocked (or attempted to role block) Epi

1) If gfish was a town RB, I would expect him to call out Epi, especially if it was a one-shot RB
2) If gfish was mafia in a game with only one mafia, I don't think he would out the target of his RB because he knows it would be town
3) In this game with two mafias, and gfish was on one of the two mafias and thought he stopped the opposing mafia's kill with a RB, he would definitely fight full force to get that player lynched and be a successful scum hunter.

If in the end gfish had not backed off of Epi, I think he would be mafia, but based on how easily he let it go once Epi claimed, my inclination is that gfish is town.
Adam's next rainbowish post is much more accurate.
Says GFish, Silver, Dizzy, Jack look worse.
Says SVS, Wigly, Fred, Sprityo look better.

His basic point on GFish is that GFish was really hunting. Either he's bad and looking for the other bad guy team or he's good and looking for all bad guys. Epi being neutral makes GFish look worse to Adam.

Says I lack footing. When I question him about may lack of footing (citing several town and scum reads I have), he refers to my back and forth with Dom as nonproductive. Well no shit but that's still a misrepresentation. I also ask him what specific SVS posts he likes. He doesn't say.

Votes GFish as his last post of the day.

Finish this later.
This is good stuff. This makes me think Adam is more likely Cerberus than Reaper if he's bad.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 76
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:17 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:36 pm Alright, I'm down.

VOTE ADAM/MARMOT
Why?

Why not?
I'm basically going by POE now. There are only so many players left that can be the baddies. I keep waffling on Sprit because everything about his role claim makes sense but barring that he looks bad, but at least he has the role claim to back him up (and I guess it's not an entirely provable one but so far it seems quite plausible given the details he's provided and Raven's reactions). Adam on the other hand is one of the few people I don't have any reason to believe is civ. Do you have any reason to think he's not bad? Because at this point in the game, chances are he's bad, so I'm banking on that.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

@captainNifty do you understand my point of view on why I think Adam is bad? I put out that I thought he was bad based off of his use of words.
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Re: Mass Effect Mafia (Day 5)

Post by sprityo »

sprityo wrote:Adam - adam had a slow start, with a good chunk of his ISO being in Day 2. What REALLY got my goat with him was....in a two mafia game. Why is he only asking/referencing the Cerberus Mafia team? Like in his entire ISO you can find the word "reaper" 9 times, only once being said by him, the rest in quotes... The more i think about this....the less i like it. One last thing to top the cake, Dom made a case for why Adam was Cerberus on Night 2. Who died Night 2? It was Dom. In fact i believe Dom would've pushed this idea further had he not died.
The original reason I pursued this avenue so far the other day was after MP had suggested Adam might be gfish's teammate sometime during Day 3. I think he was on the right track.
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

And to add on top of that, Cerberus is the one that killed night two. It seems I had forgotten to check and add that in originally.
Banners:
ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 76
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Excuse me, MP was most definitely not the first to suggest Adam might be gfish's teammate. :disappoint: :meany:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

nutella wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:00 pm Excuse me, MP was most definitely not the first to suggest Adam might be gfish's teammate. :disappoint: :meany:
I never said he was the first, I just said I had noticed it when I was reading his ISO :p
Banners:
ImageImageImage
CaptainNifty

Post by CaptainNifty »

sprityo wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:51 pm @captainNifty do you understand my point of view on why I think Adam is bad? I put out that I thought he was bad based off of his use of words.
I think Adam/Marmot are very likely Cerberus.
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 138

Post by Dyslexicon »

Thanks for the game, JJJ!

Have fun!^^

:cloud9:
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 138

Post by Dyslexicon »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:30 pm Thanks for the game, JJJ!

Have fun!^^

:cloud9:
...and Malakim!
:omg: :cloud9:
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I guess now, unless marmot has some magical trick up his sleeve, we are pretty set on lynching him today.

That begs the question on who else is suspect of being mafia

There will be a kill tonight so that leaves us with 7 players

Then unless the last reaper dies/we lynch them tomorrow, we are looking at only one kill tomorrow night. (Hopefully)
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

We got another 24 hours, yeah.

Wanna finish up my Adam ISO. Give Marmot/Epi/INH a chance to speak.

Possible Epi is silenced?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Wait, no. Reapers had the kill and only one member left. Nobody should be silenced unless a Reaper autopsy was forged.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 34
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

NOTICE:

As we continue to encounter difficulties stemming from the site update, it has become necessary to take the site down temporarily again sooner than later to make the necessary changes. Since this game has already been delayed so much, and because I am unsure my own time constraints will allow for further delays, this game will be continuing with shortened game cycles.

Starting on Night 6, we will be moving to 36 hour days and 12 hour nights, meaning the cycles will be reduced from 72 hours to 48. Everything else will remain the same. All night phases will last from 7:00 PM to 7:00 AM EST. All day phases will last from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM EST the following real-time day. So for example:

Day 6 will end as originally stated, at 7:00 PM EST on the 21st. Night 6 will end at 7:00 AM on the 22nd. Day 7 will end at 7:00 PM on the 23rd. And so on.

If anyone has any questions or concerns about this, please direct them my way. Sorry again for all the changes and shifts. I actually think the new cycle will be a bit closer to what HCR is accustomed to (at least based on the one game I played), so it works into the crossover concept I suppose.
:p
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 11
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:13 am @Sprityo

I can get on board with seeing Dizzy as similar to Phenon and thus good. I got a similar early game vibe from her as well.

@Marmot

To clarify, ISO me just to find my summary. Then read all posts (not my ISO) going forward. The few subjective things in that summary are called out by other players after that post.

I'll try to do my homework later.
I see that you think I replaced MP. Does that make a difference to you?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I see this day is headed in a marvelous direction.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 145

Post by S~V~S »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:14 pm Wait, no. Reapers had the kill and only one member left. Nobody should be silenced unless a Reaper autopsy was forged.
Why are you so sure? Matriarch Benizia is the silencer and that role is not dead.

Baddie on a Team With A Seemer 101: make everyone think the false flip has been used already.

Imma kick it old school and vote for Jack. I care about being right, not about how I look.

*VOTING JACK O'H
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Marmot wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:37 am

I can get on board with seeing Dizzy as similar to Phenon and thus good. I got a similar early game vibe from her as well.

@Marmot

To clarify, ISO me just to find my summary. Then read all posts (not my ISO) going forward. The few subjective things in that summary are called out by other players after that post.

Not really. You haven't said much and INH hasn't said anything at all. Who replaced who doesn't change much for me.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

S~V~S wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:18 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:14 pm Wait, no. Reapers had the kill and only one member left. Nobody should be silenced unless a Reaper autopsy was forged.
Why are you so sure? Matriarch Benizia is the silencer and that role is not dead.

Baddie on a Team With A Seemer 101: make everyone think the false flip has been used already.

Imma kick it old school and vote for Jack. I care about being right, not about how I look.

*VOTING JACK O'H
Because the silencer would have had to make the kill. So she couldn't silence anybody.

/annoyed

I already explained why the doggies wouldn't fake a Reaper autopsy.
CaptainNifty

Post by CaptainNifty »

VOTE ADAM/MARMOT

I'll remove it if he comes up with some reason for me to do so, but I have a relatively busy day so I'll vote now.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

@Nifty

Chances are, you get shot tonight and the night phase is short.

Care to weigh in on any of the non Adam related thoughts and theories floating about that you haven't yet? (Appreciate your post on late game replacements btw.)

Assume no further posts and Adam gets lynched 3 (Sprit, Nut, Nifty) to 1 (SVS) with the rest of us still not voting. Adam flips Cerberus, what does that tell you? Adam flips town, what does that tell you? Adam flips an obvious forged role (like Shepherd), what does that tell you?

I'll answer my own three questions in a bit. Other homework is finish Adam and Sprit ISOs and SVS. Leaving Nutella, Raven, MP be for now in roughly that order due to time constraints.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:51 am

@Marmot

Not really. You haven't said much and INH hasn't said anything at all. Who replaced who doesn't change much for me.
Of course it does. If MP said a thing that you didn't like, why would you look at me for it? :confused:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Immortal_Raven
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Immortal_Raven »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:36 am @Nifty

Chances are, you get shot tonight and the night phase is short.

Care to weigh in on any of the non Adam related thoughts and theories floating about that you haven't yet? (Appreciate your post on late game replacements btw.)

Assume no further posts and Adam gets lynched 3 (Sprit, Nut, Nifty) to 1 (SVS) with the rest of us still not voting. Adam flips Cerberus, what does that tell you? Adam flips town, what does that tell you? Adam flips an obvious forged role (like Shepherd), what does that tell you?

I'll answer my own three questions in a bit. Other homework is finish Adam and Sprit ISOs and SVS. Leaving Nutella, Raven, MP be for now in roughly that order due to time constraints.
Did I not vote for adam/Marmot? Could have sworn I did. Just in case you missed it.

VOTE ADAM/MARMOT

Also feeling more strongly that MP/INH is a baddie, simply because they volunteered to replace and haven't done much. I feel decent about spirt and Epi, if only because no one has refuted Epi's claim and he has been useful in ferreting out scum.

JoH, I'm still hazy on.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Marmot wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:49 am

@Marmot

Of course it does. If MP said a thing that you didn't like, why would you look at me for it? :confused:
I'm not looking at you at all until you do something. That's not an insult. I just don't think there's a lot of alignment indicative stuff in your posts so far. You're welcome to change that.

I'm looking at Adam and will make sure I'm voting for his actual replacement if I determine he's the one I should vote for.
CaptainNifty

Post by CaptainNifty »

If Adam/Marmot flips town I'm not sure it changes anything. If he's town he'll give a full claim.

I think MP/INH is the next best lynch for the same reason as Adam. Then look to Raven.

I fell really strongly that SVS is civ, and I trust nut more than sprit. Though that's because sprit's targeting has been so bad.

I think if town is going to win here they're going to have to offer all information. Push for targets and results. Push for full claims. Add that information to ISOs.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Why do you think SVS is a civ?
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:54 am Why do you think SVS is a civ?
Gut :nicenod:
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: Mass Effect Mafia (Day 2)

Adam's self defense. Not very convincing.
Adam wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:01 am
Adam wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Adam wrote:

This first post took place after Epi had (hint)claimed town and before he claimed Geth. It was an analysis made on the belief that Epignosis was town.
Adam wrote:Fred is taking the lead as confirmed town and I like it.

Epi being non-town makes me suspect gfish a little more. Scum gfish only makes the blocked kill gambit if he thinks he's caught other scum.

I like Epi's gambit. Those pushing for his lynch now are most likely Cerberus, I'm thinking. Easy non-mafia lynch.

Dom seems extraordinarily focused on Jack. Wilgy seems almost as focused on gfish. I feel like gfish and Jack haven't interacted as much as on Day 2 as on Day 1. Possibly teammates? I could definitely see a mafia with Jack and gfish going for cbob night 1.
Not sure how I feel about Dom. Wilgy seems townish to me. I also like S~V~S's play so far.

I like that TSP is getting in the game a bit. I haven't seen much from sprityo but what I'm seen feels civ. Dyslexicon seems less involved today than yesterday. nutella I'm still unsure about. I also haven't seen mp much today.

I don't like that Silver hasn't contributed much of anything so far. I like Fred's analysis of that situation.
This second post is after Epi revealed as Geth. The fact that the player gfish was gunning for was non-town made it far more likely in my eyes that gfish's mafia discovered Epi was not town and wanted to lynch him.

If I were gfish's Cerberus teammate, I would not have so easily backed off Epi in the first place if I thought he was lying about being town, and I would have jumped right back onto Epi's train when it turned out he was Geth. Most of the day was spent with the largest trains on Jack and Epignosis, and it would have been really easy and justified for me to park on the Epi train and stay there, but I never did. If I was Cerberus, I would absolutely want Geth gone and pushing for it. It's such an easy case to make as Cerberus. Gfish's teammates are almost assuredly voting for Epignosis after he came out as Geth.
Adam wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:40 am
MovingPictures07 wrote:Interactive analysis of gfishfunk and Adam

*SNIP*
I was the first one to suggest that gfish was scum who had caught other scum with his roleblock gambit. I suggested it as a possibility when I thought Epi was town. After Epi made his dramatic reveal, I pointed out that gfish was likely scum who knew Epi was not town and was trying to lynch him.

Why would I bring that idea to the thread if gfish was my teammate?

And again, if I was Cerberus, why was I not pushing for the Epi lynch after he came out as Geth? Epignosis was pretty obviously the optimal Cerebrus lynch yesterday, and it would not have been hard at all to join that train at any point. And I guarantee you that gfish's teammates were on the Epi train after he revealed himself as Geth.

I also am fairly confident that the mods wouldn't create mafias that were all from one site in a crossover game. I would bet dollars to donuts that gfish had a Syndicateer for a teammate. The third teammate could be either HCR or Syndicate.

Adam indicates he believes there is a Syndicate player on the Cerberus team. I think this is the second time he says it. Strikes me as odd but not necessarily bad.

Votes Wigly, not liking his stealth voting. Removes the vote when Wigly clarifies he voted Adam cause his name begins with an A, making him at the top of the poll.

Follows Fred on a "Sprityo is a Reaper" hunch. I'll have to go back and check for that. Cause I thought Sprityo was a Reaper based on yesterday only (when Dizzy was lynched) but after reading his ISO prior to that, I didn't get that impression.

Points towards Epi voter a couple times. Theory is that GFish's buddies would want to push a lynch on the Geth. That's a lot of players, though, so MP asks Adam to narrow it down. Like, who does he think is sincere and who does he think is not? Adam is like "Lolwut?" and I guess MP didn't follow up cause that's the end of it.

Adam ghosts for the rest of the day before voting Silver without much comment on the Silver train. Here's his only Silver comment, basically, right before his vote.
Adam wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:42 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote:Can someone point me to the case on Silver Lantern?
It's two things.

1) Meta, HCR folk think Silver fits mafia Silver meta more than town Silver meta
2) He hasn't done much other than defend himself against the meta accusations.

Less than 20 minutes left.
Silver is lynched and comes up robit.
Adam wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:05 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Adam has never been part of the "never trust Jack" club.
LOL that's just because I balked at the silly hats they have to wear.

Yea, I haven't voted for you at any point because I'm not really getting the scum vibe from you. I can't say I've been getting the strong town vibe from you either yet. I still haven't figured out what to make of you.
This is after his up and down a bit on me early on, RE:Footing.

Says he thinks my GFish switch was self preservation, which is not true but it's an understandable thought process.

Last couple posts before Adam disappears:
Adam wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:31 pm I feel like movingpictures and SVS voting for themselves is them pretty much giving up and admitting to being mafia. Am I wrong about this? Why are you voting for yourselves?
Adam wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:29 am I am currently thinking MP and Dizzy should be the next two lynches. Someone feel free to contradict me.

Soooooooo here's where I'm at on Adam.

He's almost exclusively focused on the Cerberus faction, which would normally make me think he's a Reaper. On both GFish and Silver, he votes at the last second without a lot of reasoning for doing so. He acknowledges the cases but doesn't take a stance until he actually votes. Doesn't really take a stance even after he votes. Lot of the suspicion on Adam comes from this happening with GFish but in the ISO, I find him doing this with Silver to be just as convincing he is Reaper as the former argument is that he is Cerberus. Which is annoying. :keys: Add in what Nifty said about replacing in late. Why replace in on Day 5 if you don't intend to catch up? A summary has been given. Yet no effort has. Is Marmot giving up so as not to spew his teammates?

Living players Adam has thrown a little shade at: Raven, Nifty, Jack
Living players Adam has thrown a lot of shade at, to the point where he's not distancing: SVS, MP
Living players he's not really mentioned: Sprityo, Nutella
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

EBWOP

Living players Adam has thrown a little shade at: Raven, Nifty, Jack, SVS, MP, Sprityo
Living players Adam has thrown shade at in a way where I'm pretty sure he's not distancing: SVS, MP
Living players he's not really mentioned: Nutella
CaptainNifty

Post by CaptainNifty »

I think SVS is town based on the day she voted for herself and her tunneling on Jack. I don't think either of those things are helpful, but they feel very town.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

vote adam

Linki @Nifty

Why do you think SVS voting for herself is town indicative?

I'm assuming you think her tunneling on me is town indicative because her suspicion feels legit. You think she really thinks I'm bad. We're both not Reapers. Therefore, if SVS really and truly thinks I'm bad, she's hunting for Cerberus and if she's really and truly hunting for Cerberus, she must be town?

Is that correct?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I finished my Sprityo ISO but I copy pasted some stuff out of order. :doh:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Adam's out of the way and I don't think there's much that could convince me to switch my vote short of some amazing town play by Marmot.

Gonna finish up the Sprityo ISO I started here: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 20#p358963

Now, in that link, you'll find that I'm not that hard on Sprityo. Like I note a lot of town behavior even though I went into it look for baddie clues.

I'll just let the rest of the ISO speak for itself.
sprityo wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:25 am looks at who is voting dyslexicon

Hmm.
sprityo wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:44 am A quick GTH, I totally just didn't do anything during our extended night phase like I wanted to do

But without thinking, I would okay lynching (not wanting to lynching but not opposed to lynching)

Adam
Epignosis
nutella (less so since I feel I haven't looked at Nutella really at all this game)

I'll give a proper once over of everyone....at some point I'm feeling motivated
sprityo wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:18 pm Something about why theres 4 votes on dyslexicon doesnt sit right with my gut...

im going to do an ISO of Dizzy real quick to either disprove or approve my gut.
sprityo wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:33 pm @Dyslexicon, what was your reasoning for voting MP earlier? i dont believe im seeing it.

Also:
Dyslexicon wrote:People I would invite to my birthday party:
Fred - Potty mouthed friend.
Nut - Hazelnut spread friend.
LC - I will yolo this read to my grave.____________Long Con - posts - Aria T'Loak - Lynched on Day 4
Wilgy - Yaaaas, bruh.____________DrWilgy - posts - Liara T'Soni - Killed on Night 4

People I would go for long walks with (but maybe bring a knife in my back pocket just in case)
SVS - Tinks thoughty thoughts.
Adam - Makes me sane.
Nifty - Has the grrrs.
MP - Because I thought so D1.

People I want to get to know better:
Dom - Is like a mix of Epi and Llama and it's fun.____________Dom - posts - Garrus Vakarian - Killed on Night 2
Sprit - Is standing on the outside looking in.

People I'm looking at while lifting one eyebrow:
TSP - Says some weird things I don't follow.____________TonyStarkPrime - posts - Commander Shepard - Killed on Night 4
Raven - I've kind of forgotten the concrete reasons, so let's call it gut. (Actually the reasons are a bit silly).

People I will throw rocks at:
Silver - Doesn't feel like he did to me last game. Lack of scum hunting?____________Silver Lantern - posts - Sovereign - Lynched on Day 3
Jack - I don't feel like explaining this in detail. I think "not finding his footing" like Adam said is a good analogy. Many words, much mental gymnastics, which can go on forever, but I can see through it. His pokes on me is a placeholder, as it is with Nut.

Oh, and that guy:
Epi - Hi.
How would you change this list now, if at all?
sprityo wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:03 pm Rainbow list

-Fredwood* - I still believe fredwood is playing very town aside from his joker claim which he could only fake if ColBob was forged (i highly doubt this though)
-nutella - little content, some waffling, but good stuff being put out. Wish i could hear more from nutella
-SVS - SVS is odd, my gut is telling my civ, and yet i dont see much outside of jack discourse.
MP - lot of enthusiasm early, but it's slowed down, I feel like a lot of the past couple of day's content has been MP asking why he is under suspicion when really no one has even voted for him? He mentions being lumped with SVS a lot and not liking it. MP said Day 3 he considers Adam to be a possible for teammate to gfish (who was mafia)

-Nifty - Similar to Adam, but less alignment indicative. I dont really have anything to say except i dont think Nifty is bad
-Dizzy - I'm not seeing a lot of content that's helping the game.
-Epi* - Why is he still here? I guess we can keep him around a little longer....
-Adam - adam had a slow start, with a good chunk of his ISO being in Day 2. What REALLY got my goat with him was....in a two mafia game. Why is he only asking/referencing the Cerberus Mafia team? Like in his entire ISO you can find the word "reaper" 9 times, only once being said by him, the rest in quotes... The more i think about this....the less i like it. One last thing to top the cake, Dom made a case for why Adam was Cerberus on Night 2. Who died Night 2? It was Dom. In fact i believe Dom would've pushed this idea further had he not died.
-Immortal_Raven - Im sketchy on his claim still. not a lot of content to work off of, and they way he tries to play off how i reversed tracked myself gives me the heeby jeebies.
-Jack* - I take back what i said earlier about jack looking better. My gut is coming back with a reminder that the longer he is in here, the less im gonna want to lynch him. I think if we lynch jack, we would be able to focus more on others since he has been a suspicion of a few people for a decent amount of time now.

Ones with an asterisk are ones i didnt check ISOs for.
sprityo wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:44 pm in fact

Vote: Jack

What was the question we asked yesterday? "Why should we NOT lynch jack?"
sprityo wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:05 pm *sigh* yknow as much as i want to do this

i dont

So that's how im gonna leave it

Jack is not my priority right now. But he's the itch that wont go away.

That just begs the question however, where do our OTHER priorities reside? I dont want us to be stuck on the issue of Jack, but it's day 5, so if it come down to it, i guess then everyone will have to be questioning who is who.

And on that note, im going to be voting Immortal_Raven until he answer's my question.

As i see it, Immortal_Raven is suspect to be Reaper, and I suspect Adam/Marmot to be Cerberus
sprityo wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:42 am I'm still not seeing eye to eye on why you all vote Dyslexicon, I'm sticking to my guns on this one

VOTE JACKOFHEARTS

Yuck, right? Good to know my Sprityo suspicion wasn't out of thin air. I also left out several posts where Sprityo asks where player that is not voting Dizzy is or asks players for opinions on others, which wouldn't be so bad on it's own except it all stinks of trying to grab at any reason not to lynch Dizzy, which is really weird coming from someone with a null read on Dizzy.

After Dizzy flipped Reaper, Sprityo says he didn't think Dizzy was town:
sprityo wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:51 pm I never thought dizzy was town, i had them in a null spot, right above the three people i suspected most

It was a position i was not against or for, but wouldve rather gotten someone else.

Later,
Once CaptainNifty and I had this exchange:
sprityo wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:00 pm
CaptainNifty wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:07 pm
sprityo wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:42 am I'm still not seeing eye to eye on why you all vote Dyslexicon, I'm sticking to my guns on this one

VOTE JACKOFHEARTS
It's mostly about DOE, and Dyslexicon is a better choice than you or SVS as far as I'm concerned. Also, Dyslexicon comes onto the thread after being relatively quiet for a while, and starts accusing people who have been all but cleared.
that.....makes sense actually.

alright then.
It started to make more sense and i felt better about the lynch going through (besides the obvious fact that i was getting nowhere pushing my views)

Jack, i cant claim to be "the best player on HCRealms" like you can (well mostly because i've never played there, but this is just an example), the way you've played this whole game has rubbed me the wrong way. Which i know i mentioned earlier as well. Maybe this is due to me never having really played with you? Who knows. Perhaps i made myself too tunnel-sighted earlier and that really was my main goal was to get the distraction out of my face.
And when I point out that he did say he thought Dizzy was town early on, he says he can't remember why.
sprityo wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:09 am I can't recall why I rated Dyslexicon a high town read, likely me internally remembering how they played in phenon early on and relating it as similar

The next thing, I wasn't looking at gfish as the worst option, I was looking at him im comparison to the other 3 people that wilgy had asked me to examine

In summary,

Why is Sprityo town:
He is almost entirely consistent. He either doesn't change his mind or I can see his progression when he does. There's only one single inconsistency in all of his posts, which is a high bar. He isn't afraid to take unpopular stances. He answers questions and asks questions.

Why is Sprityo bad:
He makes poor uses of his reverse track, which is an INCREDIBLY powerful townie tool. He manages to use it in such a way that he may not have any tracking related powers at all. I feel like the least you can do with a RT is try to watch a town read's back or self confirm. Sprityo has done neither. (Note: Strategy Jack disagrees with is not necessarily scum indicative. I recently said I don't think it is for players like GFish and Skullbro, who often try things I would not. I do think it is for players like CBob and LC, who have similar strategic tendencies to mine.)

He specifically noted that Silver was lynched because of HCRealms players calling out his meta. This should have convinced him that Jack was not a Reaper and possibly done so for some other Realmsers. However, once Dizzy was lynched, Sprityo said he now trusted that Jack was not a Reaper. If Sprityo specifically noted that Silver was lynched due to HCRealms meta, why did he not know that Jack was the HCRealms player pushing this theory?

Why is Sprityo specifically Cerberus:
I have no reason to believe Sprityo is specifically Cerberus.

Why is Sprityo specifically Reaper:
Sprityo spent a LOT of time indirectly trying to convince us not to lynch Dizzy even though every time he's asked to actually weigh in on Dizzy, he calls her a null read, can't think of a reason he he thought she was town and denies he ever called her town.

Sprityo read LC and Dizzy based off their performances in Phenon, meaning he read Dizzy as good and LC as bad. Sprityo did not read Silver Lantern based off his performance in Phenon, even though lots of players were saying that they saw a large discrepancy between supertown Silver in Phenon and superbad Silver in this game.

At this point, if Adam flips Reaper, I believe Sprityo to be town. If Adam flips Cerberus or town, I believe Sprityo to be Reaper.

I still think Adam is the right lynch choice for two reasons:
1) The Cerberus mafia is bigger and we don't have much in the way of leads on them outside Adam. Therefore, a Cerberus lynch is more valuable and Adam is more likely to be Cerberus
2) There is only one Reaper left and if Adam is that Reaper, it will prevent us from mislynching Sprityo.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

That's probably about it for ISOs from me today.

I'm gonna do actually work while working from home and watch 13 Reasons Why with my wife.

Happy hunting.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 34
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Running tally:

[4] Adam/Marmot - sprityo, nutella, Immortal_Raven, CaptainNifty
[1] Jackofhearts2005 - S~V~S

The deadline is in about 4 hours and 20 minutes at 7 PM EST.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
malakim2099
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 14

Post by malakim2099 »

Having finally gotten the romance scene with Peebee in MEA... yeah, voting for the last choice there. :haha:

(Sorry I've been absent, apparently the redo has been causing problems for my browser.)
Be the Vanguard of Destruction you want to be in the world!
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I liked your ISO Jack, spot on, only thing I can find that I disagree is when you say I "indirectly spent a lot of time getting everyone to not lynch dizzy" which yes, it would appear that way, but not my intention. My intention was to follow my reads and whether people would agree upon them was up to each individual player. Albeit in the case of yesterday, I had blinded myself with my own ambitions and everyone else made the right call.
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:11 am
Marmot wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:49 am

@Marmot

I'm not looking at you at all until you do something. That's not an insult. I just don't think there's a lot of alignment indicative stuff in your posts so far. You're welcome to change that.

I'm looking at Adam and will make sure I'm voting for his actual replacement if I determine he's the one I should vote for.
I was planning on doing some sort of catchup this past weekend, but lost that chance.

I hoped to get that chance this weekend, but I'm not holding my breath on that.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I still don't understand.

You voted for Adam. I am Adam. What do you mean by you aren't looking at me until I do something?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

you are a different player in another player's shoes, perhaps your opinion on how to play will convince him to otherwise not lynch you?
Banners:
ImageImageImage

Return to “Mass Effect Mafia: an HCR & Syndicate crossover”