Mass Effect Mafia (END)

Here you can participate in or spectate the crossover game with HCRealms!
- 19 players
- Semi-open setup
- Day/night cycles are 48/24
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 327
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: Mass Effect Mafia (Day 6)

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

vote adam

Linki @Nifty

Why do you think SVS voting for herself is town indicative?

I'm assuming you think her tunneling on me is town indicative because her suspicion feels legit. You think she really thinks I'm bad. We're both not Reapers. Therefore, if SVS really and truly thinks I'm bad, she's hunting for Cerberus and if she's really and truly hunting for Cerberus, she must be town?

Is that correct?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I finished my Sprityo ISO but I copy pasted some stuff out of order. :doh:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Adam's out of the way and I don't think there's much that could convince me to switch my vote short of some amazing town play by Marmot.

Gonna finish up the Sprityo ISO I started here: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 20#p358963

Now, in that link, you'll find that I'm not that hard on Sprityo. Like I note a lot of town behavior even though I went into it look for baddie clues.

I'll just let the rest of the ISO speak for itself.
sprityo wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:25 am looks at who is voting dyslexicon

Hmm.
sprityo wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:44 am A quick GTH, I totally just didn't do anything during our extended night phase like I wanted to do

But without thinking, I would okay lynching (not wanting to lynching but not opposed to lynching)

Adam
Epignosis
nutella (less so since I feel I haven't looked at Nutella really at all this game)

I'll give a proper once over of everyone....at some point I'm feeling motivated
sprityo wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:18 pm Something about why theres 4 votes on dyslexicon doesnt sit right with my gut...

im going to do an ISO of Dizzy real quick to either disprove or approve my gut.
sprityo wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:33 pm @Dyslexicon, what was your reasoning for voting MP earlier? i dont believe im seeing it.

Also:
Dyslexicon wrote:People I would invite to my birthday party:
Fred - Potty mouthed friend.
Nut - Hazelnut spread friend.
LC - I will yolo this read to my grave.____________Long Con - posts - Aria T'Loak - Lynched on Day 4
Wilgy - Yaaaas, bruh.____________DrWilgy - posts - Liara T'Soni - Killed on Night 4

People I would go for long walks with (but maybe bring a knife in my back pocket just in case)
SVS - Tinks thoughty thoughts.
Adam - Makes me sane.
Nifty - Has the grrrs.
MP - Because I thought so D1.

People I want to get to know better:
Dom - Is like a mix of Epi and Llama and it's fun.____________Dom - posts - Garrus Vakarian - Killed on Night 2
Sprit - Is standing on the outside looking in.

People I'm looking at while lifting one eyebrow:
TSP - Says some weird things I don't follow.____________TonyStarkPrime - posts - Commander Shepard - Killed on Night 4
Raven - I've kind of forgotten the concrete reasons, so let's call it gut. (Actually the reasons are a bit silly).

People I will throw rocks at:
Silver - Doesn't feel like he did to me last game. Lack of scum hunting?____________Silver Lantern - posts - Sovereign - Lynched on Day 3
Jack - I don't feel like explaining this in detail. I think "not finding his footing" like Adam said is a good analogy. Many words, much mental gymnastics, which can go on forever, but I can see through it. His pokes on me is a placeholder, as it is with Nut.

Oh, and that guy:
Epi - Hi.
How would you change this list now, if at all?
sprityo wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:03 pm Rainbow list

-Fredwood* - I still believe fredwood is playing very town aside from his joker claim which he could only fake if ColBob was forged (i highly doubt this though)
-nutella - little content, some waffling, but good stuff being put out. Wish i could hear more from nutella
-SVS - SVS is odd, my gut is telling my civ, and yet i dont see much outside of jack discourse.
MP - lot of enthusiasm early, but it's slowed down, I feel like a lot of the past couple of day's content has been MP asking why he is under suspicion when really no one has even voted for him? He mentions being lumped with SVS a lot and not liking it. MP said Day 3 he considers Adam to be a possible for teammate to gfish (who was mafia)

-Nifty - Similar to Adam, but less alignment indicative. I dont really have anything to say except i dont think Nifty is bad
-Dizzy - I'm not seeing a lot of content that's helping the game.
-Epi* - Why is he still here? I guess we can keep him around a little longer....
-Adam - adam had a slow start, with a good chunk of his ISO being in Day 2. What REALLY got my goat with him was....in a two mafia game. Why is he only asking/referencing the Cerberus Mafia team? Like in his entire ISO you can find the word "reaper" 9 times, only once being said by him, the rest in quotes... The more i think about this....the less i like it. One last thing to top the cake, Dom made a case for why Adam was Cerberus on Night 2. Who died Night 2? It was Dom. In fact i believe Dom would've pushed this idea further had he not died.
-Immortal_Raven - Im sketchy on his claim still. not a lot of content to work off of, and they way he tries to play off how i reversed tracked myself gives me the heeby jeebies.
-Jack* - I take back what i said earlier about jack looking better. My gut is coming back with a reminder that the longer he is in here, the less im gonna want to lynch him. I think if we lynch jack, we would be able to focus more on others since he has been a suspicion of a few people for a decent amount of time now.

Ones with an asterisk are ones i didnt check ISOs for.
sprityo wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:44 pm in fact

Vote: Jack

What was the question we asked yesterday? "Why should we NOT lynch jack?"
sprityo wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:05 pm *sigh* yknow as much as i want to do this

i dont

So that's how im gonna leave it

Jack is not my priority right now. But he's the itch that wont go away.

That just begs the question however, where do our OTHER priorities reside? I dont want us to be stuck on the issue of Jack, but it's day 5, so if it come down to it, i guess then everyone will have to be questioning who is who.

And on that note, im going to be voting Immortal_Raven until he answer's my question.

As i see it, Immortal_Raven is suspect to be Reaper, and I suspect Adam/Marmot to be Cerberus
sprityo wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:42 am I'm still not seeing eye to eye on why you all vote Dyslexicon, I'm sticking to my guns on this one

VOTE JACKOFHEARTS

Yuck, right? Good to know my Sprityo suspicion wasn't out of thin air. I also left out several posts where Sprityo asks where player that is not voting Dizzy is or asks players for opinions on others, which wouldn't be so bad on it's own except it all stinks of trying to grab at any reason not to lynch Dizzy, which is really weird coming from someone with a null read on Dizzy.

After Dizzy flipped Reaper, Sprityo says he didn't think Dizzy was town:
sprityo wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:51 pm I never thought dizzy was town, i had them in a null spot, right above the three people i suspected most

It was a position i was not against or for, but wouldve rather gotten someone else.

Later,
Once CaptainNifty and I had this exchange:
sprityo wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:00 pm
CaptainNifty wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:07 pm
sprityo wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:42 am I'm still not seeing eye to eye on why you all vote Dyslexicon, I'm sticking to my guns on this one

VOTE JACKOFHEARTS
It's mostly about DOE, and Dyslexicon is a better choice than you or SVS as far as I'm concerned. Also, Dyslexicon comes onto the thread after being relatively quiet for a while, and starts accusing people who have been all but cleared.
that.....makes sense actually.

alright then.
It started to make more sense and i felt better about the lynch going through (besides the obvious fact that i was getting nowhere pushing my views)

Jack, i cant claim to be "the best player on HCRealms" like you can (well mostly because i've never played there, but this is just an example), the way you've played this whole game has rubbed me the wrong way. Which i know i mentioned earlier as well. Maybe this is due to me never having really played with you? Who knows. Perhaps i made myself too tunnel-sighted earlier and that really was my main goal was to get the distraction out of my face.
And when I point out that he did say he thought Dizzy was town early on, he says he can't remember why.
sprityo wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:09 am I can't recall why I rated Dyslexicon a high town read, likely me internally remembering how they played in phenon early on and relating it as similar

The next thing, I wasn't looking at gfish as the worst option, I was looking at him im comparison to the other 3 people that wilgy had asked me to examine

In summary,

Why is Sprityo town:
He is almost entirely consistent. He either doesn't change his mind or I can see his progression when he does. There's only one single inconsistency in all of his posts, which is a high bar. He isn't afraid to take unpopular stances. He answers questions and asks questions.

Why is Sprityo bad:
He makes poor uses of his reverse track, which is an INCREDIBLY powerful townie tool. He manages to use it in such a way that he may not have any tracking related powers at all. I feel like the least you can do with a RT is try to watch a town read's back or self confirm. Sprityo has done neither. (Note: Strategy Jack disagrees with is not necessarily scum indicative. I recently said I don't think it is for players like GFish and Skullbro, who often try things I would not. I do think it is for players like CBob and LC, who have similar strategic tendencies to mine.)

He specifically noted that Silver was lynched because of HCRealms players calling out his meta. This should have convinced him that Jack was not a Reaper and possibly done so for some other Realmsers. However, once Dizzy was lynched, Sprityo said he now trusted that Jack was not a Reaper. If Sprityo specifically noted that Silver was lynched due to HCRealms meta, why did he not know that Jack was the HCRealms player pushing this theory?

Why is Sprityo specifically Cerberus:
I have no reason to believe Sprityo is specifically Cerberus.

Why is Sprityo specifically Reaper:
Sprityo spent a LOT of time indirectly trying to convince us not to lynch Dizzy even though every time he's asked to actually weigh in on Dizzy, he calls her a null read, can't think of a reason he he thought she was town and denies he ever called her town.

Sprityo read LC and Dizzy based off their performances in Phenon, meaning he read Dizzy as good and LC as bad. Sprityo did not read Silver Lantern based off his performance in Phenon, even though lots of players were saying that they saw a large discrepancy between supertown Silver in Phenon and superbad Silver in this game.

At this point, if Adam flips Reaper, I believe Sprityo to be town. If Adam flips Cerberus or town, I believe Sprityo to be Reaper.

I still think Adam is the right lynch choice for two reasons:
1) The Cerberus mafia is bigger and we don't have much in the way of leads on them outside Adam. Therefore, a Cerberus lynch is more valuable and Adam is more likely to be Cerberus
2) There is only one Reaper left and if Adam is that Reaper, it will prevent us from mislynching Sprityo.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

That's probably about it for ISOs from me today.

I'm gonna do actually work while working from home and watch 13 Reasons Why with my wife.

Happy hunting.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 34
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Running tally:

[4] Adam/Marmot - sprityo, nutella, Immortal_Raven, CaptainNifty
[1] Jackofhearts2005 - S~V~S

The deadline is in about 4 hours and 20 minutes at 7 PM EST.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
malakim2099
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 14

Post by malakim2099 »

Having finally gotten the romance scene with Peebee in MEA... yeah, voting for the last choice there. :haha:

(Sorry I've been absent, apparently the redo has been causing problems for my browser.)
Be the Vanguard of Destruction you want to be in the world!
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 184
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

I liked your ISO Jack, spot on, only thing I can find that I disagree is when you say I "indirectly spent a lot of time getting everyone to not lynch dizzy" which yes, it would appear that way, but not my intention. My intention was to follow my reads and whether people would agree upon them was up to each individual player. Albeit in the case of yesterday, I had blinded myself with my own ambitions and everyone else made the right call.
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 11
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:11 am
Marmot wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:49 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:51 am
Marmot wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:37 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:13 am @Sprityo

I can get on board with seeing Dizzy as similar to Phenon and thus good. I got a similar early game vibe from her as well.

@Marmot

To clarify, ISO me just to find my summary. Then read all posts (not my ISO) going forward. The few subjective things in that summary are called out by other players after that post.

I'll try to do my homework later.
I see that you think I replaced MP. Does that make a difference to you?
Not really. You haven't said much and INH hasn't said anything at all. Who replaced who doesn't change much for me.
Of course it does. If MP said a thing that you didn't like, why would you look at me for it? :confused:
I'm not looking at you at all until you do something. That's not an insult. I just don't think there's a lot of alignment indicative stuff in your posts so far. You're welcome to change that.

I'm looking at Adam and will make sure I'm voting for his actual replacement if I determine he's the one I should vote for.
I was planning on doing some sort of catchup this past weekend, but lost that chance.

I hoped to get that chance this weekend, but I'm not holding my breath on that.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 11
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I still don't understand.

You voted for Adam. I am Adam. What do you mean by you aren't looking at me until I do something?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

you are a different player in another player's shoes, perhaps your opinion on how to play will convince him to otherwise not lynch you?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Day 6 has ended.

Adam / Marmot has been lynched. They were:

Matriarch Benezia of the Reapers

You are an immensely powerful asari biotic. During each night phase you may select a player. That player will be held in stasis, unable to speak during the following day phase.

~~~

Epignosis has died. He was:

The Geth, aligned with the Reapers

Your collective is drawn to the dominion of the synthetic Reapers, though for the first time there is some ideological disagreement in your ranks. You must decide by the end of the third night phase of the game which course you will follow. You may choose to align with either the Reapers or the Alliance, you may not align with Cerberus or another independent. You will be able to win with the faction you choose and your win condition will align with theirs. You will not be counted among their numbers though for the purposes of deciding the game. If you align with the Reapers, you will not join them in BTSC or be made aware of their identities. They will be made aware of yours.

You are however subservient to nobody, as your history attests. Twice during the game during any separate night phases, you may elect to deflect any actions targeted upon you. There will be a 50% chance of the action dissipating, a 25% chance of it being redirected to a randomly selected player, and a 25% chance of it successfully affecting you.

Three times during the game during any separate night phases following the third, you may select a player. If that player is Legion and you have sided with the Alliance, you will be granted BTSC for the following day phase. If that player is Sovereign and you have sided with the Reapers, you will be granted BTSC for the following day phase.

~~~

The Reapers have been eliminated. Cerberus will kill every night.

It is Night 6. You have 12 hours, until 7:00 AM EST, to get your actions to the Hackett account.[/u][/u]
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:11 pm Day 6 has ended.

Adam / Marmot has been lynched. They were:

Matriarch Benezia of the Reapers

Yay!

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:11 pm Epignosis has died. He was:

The Geth

Okay.

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:11 pm , aligned with the Reapers

HAHAHAHA YES
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Immortal_Raven
Posts in topic: 35

Re: Mass Effect Mafia (Night 6)

Post by Immortal_Raven »

So we're looking for Cerberus now. Hmmm.

I really trust sprit now.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Nice. :biggrin:

New circle of trust is Nifty and Sprityo.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

thank you friend, hopefully i live long enough to enjoy your trust
Banners:
ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 76
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Whoa awesome!! Bye bye reapers and epi :clap:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Since the latter portion of this game was lost in the madness, the winners were Cerberus-aligned:

gfishfunk, Jackofhearts2005, and nutella.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Golden »

Why Jack wasn't lynched so many times I'll never know. In spectator chat, we all wanted to lynch Jack.

Nutella only became apparent to me because of Jay's vague hinting. I never would have guessed her otherwise.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 167

Post by Epignosis »

I meant to ask because I didn't see: Who was the failed kill attempt against Night 1?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 76
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Mass Effect Mafia (END)

Post by nutella »

Aw man, so sad to lose the endgame discussion from this. :(
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Mass Effect Mafia: an HCR & Syndicate crossover”