Bathsheba
No votes
Lot
No votes
Pilate
8%
Rahab
23%
The Witch of Endor (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
69%

Total votes: 13
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 243

Re: Biblical Mafia [CHAPTER I]

Post by NurseWilgy »

Martha wrote:Do you not want to discuss how you and Paul are apparent teammates, Absalom dear? You seemed to only focus on the last part to get attention back off.
I'm happy to talk about it, but I don't really have anything to say about it. We are not teammates, I just thought people were attacking him for silly reasons. I don't expect anyone to find your collection of quoted posts convincing.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Jack Shephard »

I am not buying this. I don't agree with Martha's interpretations and I don't see any particular reason to suspect Absalom.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 79

Post by Gunther »

Balaam wrote:Not going to lie, the number of people pulling the "aw shucks, trying is too hard for Day 1- randoms! :rolleyes: " irks me. Vote spreading is to be expected but so is some level of participation. I've got my eye on all of you.
It's what I'd have done. Day 1 suspicions are wrong approximately 1000% of the time. I tend to put less stock in them.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 135

Post by Epignosis »

15 The night that Samson was stoned, the angel of Death came upon the people of Sin-d’kaht, and the firstborn of all who had risen up against Samson died. 16 In the midst of the mourning, Martha, who was childless, set about preparing for the next day’s meal. 17 Whilst she was preparing the dung with salt, a woman came, offering to help her. 18 “I do not need your help, hunny,*” Martha said to the foreign woman. 19 “As it should be, for I did not come into this dwelling to help you, but to slay you.” 20 The foreign woman laid her hands upon her and buried Martha’s face in the dung heap until Martha could not take breath. 21 And it came to pass that Martha was slain by Jezebel, wife of Ahab, which added unto the dead of Sin’d-kaht that Night.

*Alt. trans. pooky-schnookums
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 391

Re: Biblical Mafia [CHAPTER II]

Post by Snapshot »

RIP, sweetie.
Reporting
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 85

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

RIP Martha. This seems like such an odd kill to me. Martha was brought up as a possible lynch so why would the baddies kill her?
dunya
Turnip Head
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 83

Post by Lunatella »

RIP darlin.

Public enemy number one is obviously uzziah. He point out blank said he's rooting for the scum.

I also suspect absalom. Why else would Martha be dead? She gained more than her fair share of suspicion day 1 IMO.
Lunalee
nutella
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Rachel Green »

Look at everyone being so funny with their sweeties and darlins. RIP Martha.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Jonathan wrote:RIP Martha. This seems like such an odd kill to me. Martha was brought up as a possible lynch so why would the baddies kill her?
Perhaps they just found her saying hunny a lot annoying. That was my first thought when I saw she was dead.
Reporting
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Scum don't kill you because you're annoying, the reasoning is always thought out.
Lunalee
nutella
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 72

Post by Larry David »

This is a really weird kill. While I agree with Job that this points to Absalom to a certain degree, I'm going to go back through Martha's posts and see if she ever accused somebody directly. This could be a classic "Kill this person because they're close to the truth!". To be honest I didn't pay attention to her posts that much originally because I got tired of reading "Hunny" and "Dearie" with every post.

On that same note, I will also go back through the posts of Absalom while I'm at it just to be safe.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

@Job - I would have considered killing Martha because she was annoying. Not having the kill be based on suspicions means there are no threads to pull (I would have said not a lot - but I really mean literally none) - that's still strategic and thinking it out.
Reporting
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Sorry but I'm not buying it. She was starting to get people's eyes. Scum love to keep suspicious people around so they can be mislynched. She wouldn't have lasted past day 4 if she kept it up.
Lunalee
nutella
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

But more importantly beyond martha/absalom, why aren't more people suspicious of the person who admitted to being bad?
Lunalee
nutella
Echo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 36

Post by Echo »

Job wrote:RIP darlin.

Public enemy number one is obviously uzziah. He point out blank said he's rooting for the scum.

I also suspect absalom. Why else would Martha be dead? She gained more than her fair share of suspicion day 1 IMO.
Why weren't you attacking me this bad until I figured out your plot? I can't say I'm surprised that Martha is dead either.

I would strongly advise the civilians to take my imminent demise as evidence against Job and Paul.
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

Job wrote:But more importantly beyond martha/absalom, why aren't more people suspicious of the person who admitted to being bad?
Who might that be?
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Uzziah wrote:
Job wrote:But more importantly beyond martha/absalom, why aren't more people suspicious of the person who admitted to being bad?
Who might that be?
You? :huh:
Lunalee
nutella
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Uzziah wrote:

Why weren't you attacking me this bad until I figured out your plot? I can't say I'm surprised that Martha is dead either.

I would strongly advise the civilians to take my imminent demise as evidence against Job and Paul.
Not sure if trolling
Lunalee
nutella
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

Job wrote:
Uzziah wrote:
Who might that be?
Not sure if trolling
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 258

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Jonathan wrote:RIP Martha. This seems like such an odd kill to me. Martha was brought up as a possible lynch so why would the baddies kill her?
Could be either a poorly conceived attempt to set up Absalom or Paul. Martha was spatting with Absalom and she voted for Paul.
Job wrote:Scum don't kill you because you're annoying, the reasoning is always thought out.
Always thought-out reasoning? My ass!
Uzziah wrote:

Paul is the only character missing from the stoning poll. Looks like he has found favor with David.
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Kent Brockman »

Sorry I havn't beeen around, I will be catchingg up tonight.
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Uzziah wrote:
Job wrote:
Uzziah wrote:
Who might that be?
Not sure if trolling
I beg everyone to read uzziahs posts. The first five are fluff and claiming to be bad and then he does a huge no u. Now he is throwing a tantrum. The wifom is unbelievable. I think he's mentioned a total of three or four people altogether if that.
Lunalee
nutella
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

Job wrote:
Uzziah wrote:
Job wrote:
Uzziah wrote:
Who might that be?
Not sure if trolling
I beg everyone to read uzziahs posts. The first five are fluff and claiming to be bad and then he does a huge no u. Now he is throwing a tantrum. The wifom is unbelievable. I think he's mentioned a total of three or four people altogether if that.
Three or four is more than half the heathens, no? If you think you can find even one (1) post where I claim to be bad, why don't you go ahead and quote it? :beer:
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Uzziah wrote:I'm rooting for the scum.
Duh :shrug:
Lunalee
nutella
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

Job wrote:
Just as I thought. *votes Job*
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Uzziah wrote:
Job wrote:
Just as I thought. *votes Job*
You make no sense.
Lunalee
nutella
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

root 1
(ro͞ot, ro͝ot)
n.

4. a. To dig or pull out by the roots.

b. To remove or get rid of.

I never thought Uzziah meant he was cheering the scum on. Turns out there are a lot of definitions of root. Not all of which I find it appropriate to post at this time.

Not that I'm defending Uzziah - I dunno what to make of him. But now at least I understand why people are saying Uzziah has admitted to being bad, which I couldn't figure our before.
Reporting
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

I think that is a stretch. Those definitions of the word are far less commonly used in the context of his sentence.
Lunalee
nutella
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

I admit I may have been somewjat ambiguous on purpous. I'm just zany and fun like that! The above is the root meaning though, is it not?
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Nicol Bolas »

I was planning on voting for Martha for her crappy case on Absalom. I don't suspect Absalom. I still suspect Uzziah, and I'll probably vote for him again.
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Uzziah wrote:I admit I may have been somewjat ambiguous on purpous. I'm just zany and fun like that! The above is the root meaning though, is it not?

So are you going to share any thoughts on anyone besides myself, Paul and Cain or are you going to continue to be unhelpful and further verify that you're bad? I don't believe you used that definition of the word for even a second.
Lunalee
nutella
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

Job wrote:
Uzziah wrote:I admit I may have been somewjat ambiguous on purpous. I'm just zany and fun like that! The above is the root meaning though, is it not?

So are you going to share any thoughts on anyone besides myself, Paul and Cain or are you going to continue to be unhelpful and further verify that you're bad? I don't believe you used that definition of the word for even a second.
I'd rather have one of you lynched first and go from there.
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Too bad, was hoping you'd help me narrow down your scum buddies. Oh well
Lunalee
nutella
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 243

Post by NurseWilgy »

For the record, I did not kill Martha. I'm tough enough to handle a little accusation. I can't say I blame people for wanting to vote Uzziah. He hasn't exactly done much to inspire confidence, but I am still nervous about Cain.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Absalom wrote:For the record, I did not kill Martha. I'm tough enough to handle a little accusation. I can't say I blame people for wanting to vote Uzziah. He hasn't exactly done much to inspire confidence, but I am still nervous about Cain.
I never thought you killed her. It's too obvious of a frameup. Plus she wasn't exactly taking you down, in my opinion.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Jack Shephard »

RIP Martha. I would also guess that it was an attempt to frame Absalom or Paul.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 155

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

RIP Martha.

I could easily see those who Martha suspected, killing her. There's so much WIFOM in this, that there wouldn't be any consequences. Not sure it's what happened, but I wouldn't rule it out just because it's so obvious. I would kill a person suspecting me without hesitation knowing that people will just say it's too obvious.

That said, between Paul and Absalom, the one to get more out of this would be Paul. I don't believe they are working together like Martha thought. If one of them is bad, Paul would benefit more from this because Absalom was the one she really went after, whereas Paul was just assumed to be connected to him. Now, if we think Martha was killed by one of them, the most obvious choice for a lynch would be Absalom. If he's a civvie, and Paul a baddie, he gets two birds with one stone. He gets a civvie lynched, and looks better because it shows Martha was probably wrong.

While I think Paul drew a lot of attention to himself on day 1, I'm not sure it was intentional. I think that maybe where he came from, throwing out accusations like that is pretty common, so whether you're good or bad, you have to look like you're trying to progress the game. Funny how he was so gung ho on the first day and now he's quieted down considerably.
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Ben Linus »

RIP Martha
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Speaking of Paul.. Why you so quiet?
Lunalee
nutella
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

When Uzziah first posted that he was rooting for scum I thought for sure he was someone on our site who always says things like that but they rarely speak to his alignment. As I read over his posts this morning though I'm starting to have some doubts that he is that person thus I am starting to look his way. I know meta is not supposed to play into this game but you just can't help it when a comment that unusual is made, and I can tell at least one other person had the same thought I did. So I have my eye on him today.

I'm inclined to agree that killing Martha may have been an attempt to frame Absalom or Paul. True it could have been just the opposite, one of them killed her because she was too close but I don't think either would have been worried about Martha getting people to vote them.

I'd like to hear or see more from Paul today regarding his thoughts about the Martha kill and other things.
dunya
Turnip Head
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Ben Linus »

Absalom wrote:For the record, I did not kill Martha. I'm tough enough to handle a little accusation. I can't say I blame people for wanting to vote Uzziah. He hasn't exactly done much to inspire confidence, but I am still nervous about Cain.

For the record I don't believe you.
Jonathan wrote:When Uzziah first posted that he was rooting for scum I thought for sure he was someone on our site who always says things like that but they rarely speak to his alignment. As I read over his posts this morning though I'm starting to have some doubts that he is that person thus I am starting to look his way. I know meta is not supposed to play into this game but you just can't help it when a comment that unusual is made, and I can tell at least one other person had the same thought I did. So I have my eye on him today.

I'm inclined to agree that killing Martha may have been an attempt to frame Absalom or Paul. True it could have been just the opposite, one of them killed her because she was too close but I don't think either would have been worried about Martha getting people to vote them.

I'd like to hear or see more from Paul today regarding his thoughts about the Martha kill and other things.

Really regarding Uzziah? Who admits they are bad like that? You are actually considering this a baddie tactic? Not that I think Uzziah is a civvie but good lord what a stupid reason for suspecting someone.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Malchus wrote:

For the record I don't believe you.
Jonathan wrote:When Uzziah first posted that he was rooting for scum I thought for sure he was someone on our site who always says things like that but they rarely speak to his alignment. As I read over his posts this morning though I'm starting to have some doubts that he is that person thus I am starting to look his way. I know meta is not supposed to play into this game but you just can't help it when a comment that unusual is made, and I can tell at least one other person had the same thought I did. So I have my eye on him today.

Really regarding Uzziah? Who admits they are bad like that? You are actually considering this a baddie tactic? Not that I think Uzziah is a civvie but good lord what a stupid reason for suspecting someone.
I'm a little confused. Whats the stupid reason for suspecting someone?
dunya
Turnip Head
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Job wrote:Speaking of Paul.. Why you so quiet?
Jonathan wrote:I'd like to hear or see more from Paul today regarding his thoughts about the Martha kill and other things.
Either he's taking the day off knowing he's immune from the poll or ...
Epignosis wrote: Herod Antipas
Herod shall imprison someone; the imprisoned may not post nor vote the next Day.
Then again, he's one of 19 players who have yet to say anything so far on Day 2. Kinda makes it hard to find a baddie when participation is less than 50%.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 153

Post by dodo »

Everyone seems to want to hear from Paul. :hmm:
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Rachel wrote:Everyone seems to want to hear from Paul. :hmm:
I'm don't necessarily want to hear from him but you have to admit- the silence is almost deafening.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 153

Post by dodo »

Balaam wrote:
Rachel wrote:Everyone seems to want to hear from Paul. :hmm:
I'm don't necessarily want to hear from him but you have to admit- the silence is almost deafening.
I have to admit, the amount of people calling for him to speak and his lack of response, is suspicious AF
Sockys2023
The Mark
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Sockys2023 »

I saw Epignosis with the devil
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Rachel wrote:I have to admit, the amount of people calling for him to speak and his lack of response, is suspicious AF
Three thoughts on this:

1) If Paul was kidnapped by Herod, there's certainly the possibility that one of the "Where's Paul?" posters is Heathen and messing with us.

2) If Paul wasn't kidnapped and just busy IRL, then the "Where's Paul?" posters could be sheep and waiting for Paul to run the show a second day.

3) If Paul was kidnapped by Herod, he could actually be a Heathen and it's a plot to make him look even more civvie. This is silly to try now though because Paul wasn't likely to get many votes today anyway. Sure, he was wrong about Samson, but Day 1 lynches take out a civvie a majority of the time.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

I just want to see his (Pauls) response to Martha's death. Does he believe Absalom could have done it? What is his response to people who think he might have done it? I don't see his quietness as suspicious though since there is a way to explain it (Herod). Then again, maybe I'm just naive to believe that.
dunya
Turnip Head
Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 71

Post by Grand Scheme »

Rest in Peace Samson! I'm mulling a few things over, but I'm not sure where to start looking, really.

Return to “Previous Jobs”