Bathsheba
No votes
Lot
No votes
Pilate
8%
Rahab
23%
The Witch of Endor (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
69%

Total votes: 13
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 258

Re: Biblical Mafia [CHAPTER II]

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Now then, on to other matters and curiosities. Here are some points to ponder as we close in on the next stoning:

A whopping 13 players have not posted during Day 2. That's 13 out of 32 living players, or 40.625%. Here's who has been playing hooky, how they've voted, and who they've commented +/- on:

BARNABAS- Apocalypse; Missed D1 vote (sus of Jacob, Martha, Samuel; pro Paul)

BATHSHEBA- Law; Missed D1 vote

BELSHAZZAR- Law; Samson (sus of Samson, Jephthah, Uzziah)

CAIN- Law; Absalom

GIDEON- Law; Lot (mysteriously vouched for me)

HAGAR- Law; Gideon

JUDAH- Epistles; Missed D1 vote

PAUL- Apocalypse; Samuel (sus of Samuel, Lot, Samson, Nicodemus, Balaam, Martha; flipflopped on Samuel & Lot later in D1)

RAHAB- Gospels; Uzziah

REBECCA- Apocalypse; Jephthah (sus of Jephthah)

RUTH- Law; Cain (sus of Paul)

SAMUEL- Poetry; Samson (sus of Ruth)

STEPHEN- History; Barnabas

Here is another list- players who made fewer than 5 posts (totally arbitrary number, I know) on Day 1:
Bathsheba
Esther
Hagar
Isaac
Judah (has actually not posted since Preface stage)
Lazarus
Mary Mag
Pilate
Stephen

And for good measure, those who missed the D1 vote:
Barnabas
Bathsheba
Esther
Judas
Lazarus

Anyone see anything to infer from this data?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Balaam wrote:
Barnabas
Bathsheba
Esther
Judas Judah
Lazarus

Larry David
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 72

Post by Larry David »

Seems like everybody that voted for Law are MIA from the looks of that list.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 391

Post by Snapshot »

A lot, but not all. I voted for law, and I'm not silenced or anything.
Reporting
Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 71

Post by Grand Scheme »

Balaam wrote:Now then, on to other matters and curiosities. Here are some points to ponder as we close in on the next stoning:

A whopping 13 players have not posted during Day 2. That's 13 out of 32 living players, or 40.625%. Here's who has been playing hooky, how they've voted, and who they've commented +/- on:

CAIN- Law; Absalom

HAGAR- Law; Gideon

PAUL- Apocalypse; Samuel (sus of Samuel, Lot, Samson, Nicodemus, Balaam, Martha; flipflopped on Samuel & Lot later in D1)

RAHAB- Gospels; Uzziah

Here is another list- players who made fewer than 5 posts (totally arbitrary number, I know) on Day 1:
Bathsheba
Esther
Hagar
Isaac
Lazarus
Mary Mag
Pilate
Stephen

Barnabas
Bathsheba
Esther
Judas
Lazarus

Of the players with 5 or fewer votes, 4 of them also missed the D1 lynch vote (Bathsheba, Esther, Judah, Lazarus). I think this points to those four having a genuinely low participation, and not trying to intentionally "lay low". Pilate, Mary, Stephen, Isaac and Hagar on the other hand, meet your 5 or less posts criteria and yet had time to submit a vote. This could indicate an intentional "laying low" strategy. Flying under the radar early on, hoping not to arouse suspicion.
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 83

Post by Lunatella »

Uzziah wrote:If Job was good, he would have backed down on pursuing me.
I don't have tunnel vision as your friend Lot is trying to make everyone believe. I was absolutely open minded, but absolutely nothing you have said in this game has made me feel better about your alignment whatsoever. You voted the sketchiest option d0, you have the sketchiest post of the game, you pulled a no u on my suspicion of you, you replied to me snark I'll and refused to post thoughts on other players upon my request, the list goes on and on. If you had done 3 of those gazillion things and made some progress towards doing something remotely town, perhaps I could look the other way. But combined with your scumminess, others are voucher for you and it only makes me more suspicious.

I will be voting Uzziah now and I hope others will follow.
Lunalee
nutella
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Lot wrote:Why wouldn't Uzziah be doing it for future game set up? All will be revealed at the end... you think he can't say in a future game 'When I was Uzziah in Biblical mafia I did that'?

I hate that I'm defending this guy, but a lot of the stuff being said about him just doesn't make any sense. Job has tunnel vision, but no his reasoning is not good. The only thing about it that is true is that Uzziah is refusing to be helpful in the thread, but mostly I think Job has tunnel vision because the person Uzziah has been looking at for a lynch is Job.
Quite frankly I am remembering why I had my eye on you day 1.
Lunalee
nutella
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

You say you don't have tunnel vision, but you call me 'Uzziah's friend' and say I'm 'trying to make everyone believe' something.

And you wonder why I suspect you? These are the exact kind of buzz words I expect from baddies who feel they are under pressure - you want to make it sound like I'm the one dominating the thread. I'm not. Hardly anyone has even picked up on my posts. You're the one who is posting a whole lot about a single player, and accusing everyone who disagrees of being Uzziah's friends and teammates.

I'm not pushing an agenda to the edge of common sense - so instead of throwing vague accusations at me (eg, 'I remember why I suspected you on day one') why don't you answer this question - what prevents Uzziah from using this as wifom in a future game, exactly? You have said something untrue and push it as fact, to the exclusion of anyone being allowed to question you. Answer the question.

I also asked you this, which you conveniently ignore to throw vague accusations my way instead:
Lot wrote:Do you really believe, if you are right about Uzziah being heathen, that it would just be all his teammates coming in to the thread to call it lazy? Can't you see the truth of the fact that it would be a lazy vote?
How about you answer those too while you are at it.
Reporting
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

No I don't believe that all his teammates are coming into the thread to call it lazy. But there are quite a few people who expressed opinions like this, enough to quirk my brow. If uzziah is bad, I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of these people are scum. No, I still disagree it is a lazy vote. There are many more reasons that he appears scummy than his initial rooting post, as I've been trying to outline.

As for future wifom, you may have a point, but part of it in a typical game is being able to point to your identity and how you've done it in past games. I agree that maybe I didn't consider the roles being matched up at game end, but I still think it made no sense to do.

Regardless, I feel like a broken record, but I couldn't care less about his initial rooting post and why it is wifom etc, he's done nothing to steer opinion of himself positively IMO, you decide for yourself but it's the best I have to go on.
Lunalee
nutella
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Also I'd like your input on how saying I have tunnel vision over and over again isn't trying to make people believe something. It isn't true, so stop saying it. I would have given Uzziah a little BOTD if he did anything at all to ease my suspicion.
Lunalee
nutella
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

I think I had said it only twice before you said I was trying to make everyone believe something... and even you yourself say you sound like a broken record. And I said it because it seems you were just ignoring anyone else who was speaking on the subject rationally but questioned your view, or called them Uzziah's teammates... as you did with me. That's what I see as being tunnel vision.

That doesn't mean you are wrong. I just don't know that I trust you or your reasoning, which has seemed disingenuous to me because of the things you have chosen to ignore. Your answers to the questions below make me feel a little bit better about you, but on the other hand what else could you say? I was bringing some home truths about the holes in your argument.

I respect a suspicion based on gut, and I completely agree with you (believe it or not) that Uzziah has done nothing worthy of the benefit of the doubt. Even after I provided a definition of root, he said he deliberately used a 'double meaning'. I don't like that at all. I don't have a whole lot of love for people who think that getting a bit of suspicion is a good way to stay alive. More often than not, I think that if people take that approach, it's harmful to the town ultimately.

BUT - who usually takes the 'I want a bit of suspicion' approach? In my book, its civvies, who want to survive the NK, not the people with the NK. So I really see both sides on Uzziah. Does he offer anything of value in the thread? No, I don't think so. Might he offer something with his role? He may - sometimes people add no value in the thread but provide major assistance to winning the game at night.

I feel like this entire day has been about nothing but Uzziah, and this I don't like. Even if we ultimately lynch Uzziah, it might be nice if we had a good amount of time talking about other options as well.

This might surprise you too - I think I'm more likely to vote Uzziah than I am to vote you. I do attach more value to people who talk a lot than people who don't. One thing you are not doing is hiding. But when I don't trust you, I'll put you to the test - even if the person you are going after is also someone I don't trust.
Reporting
Echo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 36

Post by Echo »

Lot wrote:I feel like this entire day has been about nothing but Uzziah, and this I don't like. Even if we ultimately lynch Uzziah, it might be nice if we had a good amount of time talking about other options as well.
I couldn't agree more!
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

I agree its odd we don't have additional options were really discussing. At the same time neither of you are offering to do the legwork yourselves. Are you afraid to stick your neck out? What do you think of Paul /absalom re: martha? Or Rachels theory about mentioning Paul while possibly silenced? If this really concerns you, you should be discussing things like this at greater length..
Lunalee
nutella
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 243

Post by NurseWilgy »

Job wrote:I agree its odd we don't have additional options were really discussing. At the same time neither of you are offering to do the legwork yourselves. Are you afraid to stick your neck out? What do you think of Paul /absalom re: martha? Or Rachels theory about mentioning Paul while possibly silenced? If this really concerns you, you should be discussing things like this at greater length..
It wouldn't surprise me at all if Paul were silenced. Multiple people commented on him posting too much, so it's a logical choice. I still think we should be looking at the people who are not attracting much attention to themselves, because that's how you win as a baddie in a sock game.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

I think it's weird that Cain disappeared today. Did he hope I would forget about him? I forget nothing!

ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

I very much dislike being ignored. I asked you a question Job. I expect an answer.

If uzziah isn't setting up Meta for a future game, why would he be so obviously bad? What do you think the probability of him being a horseman with a death activated ability is? Your initial non response to my question makes me wonder if you know that its true, and that you're trying to push his lynch for specifically that reason. Which would explain why you ignored that part of my post to avoid the issue.

I apologize if you answered me earlier and I missed it.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 71

Post by Saito »

Absalom wrote:I think it's weird that Cain disappeared today. Did he hope I would forget about him? I forget nothing!
I think it is weird that a lot of people are not posting. No Paul, no Cain, no a bunch of less chatty people. There is only one silencer. Paul I could see silencing, tbh.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Let's throw a few names out there and see if we can get a sense of direction for this day's stoning...

YESTERDAY'S LEFTOVERS:

CAIN- He was 2nd in the stoning poll. Made a vote threat if someone didn't stop trying to unsock the game. Claimed to not be very into the game and hadn't spent time to get caught up. Admitted to playing 4 other games besides this one. Completely absent today. Absalom- can you add anything more to this? You seem to still have him on your radar.

UZZIAH- 3rd in yesterday's stoning poll. Made that dubious but delicious semantically gray-area "root" post. Has Job all in a tizzy. Stated Day 1 to be sus of Cain, Job, and Paul. Already voted for Job today. Somewhat of a defiant attitude.

THE NEW HOTNESS:

JOB- Hot and heavy over Uzziah. Taking flak from Lot for "tunnel vision". Had a long list of suspicions Day 1 (Belshaz, Ruth, Lot, Nicodemus, Martha, Uzziah). Stated trust for Paul and Jonah. Sort of the Paul of Day 2 with his loud and somewhat persistent posts.

LOT- Seems to think consideration of Uzziah is a waste of time. Suspicious of Jephthah, Job, Cain. Wants to hear from the quiet folks. Wants to talk about more than Uzziah. Worried that Heathens are coasting today while we argue.

THE QUIET FOLKS WHO MADE ENOUGH EFFORT TO VOTE DAY 1 BUT NOT CONTRIBUTE MUCH (IF ANYTHING) TO DISCUSSION:
Hagar
Isaac
Mary Mag
Pilate
Stephen
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Mordecai wrote:I very much dislike being ignored. I asked you a question Job. I expect an answer.

If uzziah isn't setting up Meta for a future game, why would he be so obviously bad? What do you think the probability of him being a horseman with a death activated ability is? Your initial non response to my question makes me wonder if you know that its true, and that you're trying to push his lynch for specifically that reason. Which would explain why you ignored that part of my post to avoid the issue.

Good idea and very chilling. Let's look at the possibilities for the Job v. Uzziah conflict:

1) Job is civvie and sincerely believes Uzziah is Heathen and Uzziah really is Heathen. Lynching Uzz would help the civvies and lend cred to Job, possibly even Paul via extension because Paul and Job seem to be okay with each other.

2) Job is a civvie and sincerely believes Uzz is Heathen but Uzz is really civvie. Lynching Uzz hurts the civvies and forces us to take Job's opinions with a grain of salt just like Paul. We would also be a civvie stoning away from another civvie being struck down via divine judgement.

3) Job is a civvie and sincerely believes Uzz is Heathen but Uzz is really a Horseman. Uzz may have made that statement to get attention and possibly to get lynched to activate some kind of Horseman shenanigans. Lynching Uzz would play into his plot with unforeseen consequences. Gets us no closer to eliminating the Heathens but also avoids a civvie stoning. Might call into question those trying to brush aside Uzz's "root" comment.

4) Job is a Heathen and is trying to get us to waste another lynch on someone who is not Heathen. Results could be similar to #2 and #3.

5) Job is a Heathen and suspects/knows Uzz is a Horseman. If the Heathens perceive or understand the Horsemen to be threats and they've found one of them somehow, why not have the civs dispatch him for them instead of using their kill.

6) Job and Uzz are both Heathens and this is an early attempt to gain credibility for Job and potentially any teammates that may align with job in the thread. It's never too early for a baddie team to sacrifice one of their own but I've seen this tactic more often when there is a larger baddie team.

7) Job and Uzz are both Heathens and there is major discord among their team. It's rare, but sometimes personalities conflict so much that the rest of the team decides to take out a member that wants to march to a beat of a different drum. It gains one of more of them cred while diminishing their numbers.

8) Job is a Horseman and thinks Uzz is Heathen. Without knowing what the end goals of the Horsemen are, all we can do is speculate. If the Horsemen have a team win condition, they need to eliminate the Heathens. This works in favor of both the civvies and the Horseman.

9) Job and Uzz are both Horsemen and it's a ploy to wreak a little havoc with Uzz's death and/or gain a fellow Horsemen some cred.

10) Job and Uzz are both Horsemen and it plays out kind of like #7.

The big flaw to all this though is that no matter who we analyze like this, there are always more ways to rationalize a player as bad than there are ways to rationalize them to be good.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 155

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Lot wrote:
Deborah wrote:
Lot wrote:root 1
(ro͞ot, ro͝ot)
n.

4. a. To dig or pull out by the roots.

b. To remove or get rid of.

I never thought Uzziah meant he was cheering the scum on. Turns out there are a lot of definitions of root. Not all of which I find it appropriate to post at this time.

Not that I'm defending Uzziah - I dunno what to make of him. But now at least I understand why people are saying Uzziah has admitted to being bad, which I couldn't figure our before.
I do not know what to even think of this post. Like, we are breaking down the word choice in Uzziah's infamous post now? The idea of alternate meanings of the words, coupled with Uzziah supporting this by saying that his choice of words was deliberately ambiguous, makes me swing back to thinking he could well be bad. This whole thing is starting to make my head ache. Also, Lot just sort of supported him again.
I defined it because it seemed clear to me at the time that Uzziah and Job were speaking at cross purposes. Uzziah said 'tell me one post where I claimed to be bad', Job quoted that one, and Uzziah promptly voted for him - it looked to me like the whole thing was a misunderstanding to me at that time and a light went on in my head, which is why I posted the definition.

Now, it doesn't so much, since Uzziah admitted to deliberately playing with a double meaning and Job has tunnel vision. I don't like at all that Uzziah said his double meaning was intentional - why then vote Job for quoting it? (Yes Uzziah, I would like an answer to that). It's not that I think Uzziah is definitely good, in fact I don't have a good vibe from him either - I'm very aware that it seems like I'm defending Uzziah but really the reason I'm doing it is because I think Job's case is a crock and I don't trust him a whole lot AND because I'm very aware of how easy this game will be to win for the heathen if we keep taking the easy way out instead of looking for disingenuous posts and people who can't keep their logic straight. But there is always the possibility both are bad eg one horseman, one heathen.
I don't believe it was a misunderstanding. I don't even think it was a double meaning because like someone said, he'd have to say "rooting out" and not rooting for. I also think that when Uzziah asked Job to quote a post where he admitted to being a baddie, and Job quoted that one, the difference is Uzziah never addmitted to being bad himself, just to rooting for baddies, while Job treated it as the same thing.
I have no idea what that means, but Uzziah is just playing a game which is not helpful at all, if not the opposite. Sadly I've seen enough civvies to play that kind of game. I can't blame people for wanting to lynch him, though I'm not sure it's enough to get me to vote that way. But the potential is there.

I have to say I'm feeling better about Lot this day.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Balaam wrote:
Mordecai wrote:I very much dislike being ignored. I asked you a question Job. I expect an answer.

Good idea and very chilling. Let's look at the possibilities for the Job v. Uzziah conflict:

1) Job is civvie and sincerely believes Uzziah is Heathen and Uzziah really is Heathen. Lynching Uzz would help the civvies and lend cred to Job, possibly even Paul via extension because Paul and Job seem to be okay with each other.

2) Job is a civvie and sincerely believes Uzz is Heathen but Uzz is really civvie. Lynching Uzz hurts the civvies and forces us to take Job's opinions with a grain of salt just like Paul. We would also be a civvie stoning away from another civvie being struck down via divine judgement.

3) Job is a civvie and sincerely believes Uzz is Heathen but Uzz is really a Horseman. Uzz may have made that statement to get attention and possibly to get lynched to activate some kind of Horseman shenanigans. Lynching Uzz would play into his plot with unforeseen consequences. Gets us no closer to eliminating the Heathens but also avoids a civvie stoning. Might call into question those trying to brush aside Uzz's "root" comment.

4) Job is a Heathen and is trying to get us to waste another lynch on someone who is not Heathen. Results could be similar to #2 and #3.

5) Job is a Heathen and suspects/knows Uzz is a Horseman. If the Heathens perceive or understand the Horsemen to be threats and they've found one of them somehow, why not have the civs dispatch him for them instead of using their kill.

6) Job and Uzz are both Heathens and this is an early attempt to gain credibility for Job and potentially any teammates that may align with job in the thread. It's never too early for a baddie team to sacrifice one of their own but I've seen this tactic more often when there is a larger baddie team.

7) Job and Uzz are both Heathens and there is major discord among their team. It's rare, but sometimes personalities conflict so much that the rest of the team decides to take out a member that wants to march to a beat of a different drum. It gains one of more of them cred while diminishing their numbers.

8) Job is a Horseman and thinks Uzz is Heathen. Without knowing what the end goals of the Horsemen are, all we can do is speculate. If the Horsemen have a team win condition, they need to eliminate the Heathens. This works in favor of both the civvies and the Horseman.

9) Job and Uzz are both Horsemen and it's a ploy to wreak a little havoc with Uzz's death and/or gain a fellow Horsemen some cred.

The big flaw to all this though is that no matter who we analyze like this, there are always more ways to rationalize a player as bad than there are ways to rationalize them to be good.
What exactly is the point of this post except to appear like someone who's putting a great effort to analyze things?
In addition, it has nothing to do with what Mordecai said, because he was referring to the lack of response to a question, not to the possibilities of the Uzziah vs. Job fight off.

I didn't like this post one bit. You just took a whole lot of space without saying anything.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Jephthah wrote:
Balaam wrote:

What exactly is the point of this post except to appear like someone who's putting a great effort to analyze things?
In addition, it has nothing to do with what Mordecai said, because he was referring to the lack of response to a question, not to the possibilities of the Uzziah vs. Job fight off.

I didn't like this post one bit. You just took a whole lot of space without saying anything.
Jephthah- I highlighted the section I was responding to with my post. You can always come up with more scenarios that suggest someone is bad than you can scenarios that suggest someone is good. Rather than just saying that, I wrote out all the scenarios I could come up with. I didn't give my post enough context and it does take up a lot of space. Sorry for that.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Essentially, I should have parsed down Mordecai's post. I think that would have eliminated the confusion.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Balaam wrote: CAIN- He was 2nd in the stoning poll. Made a vote threat if someone didn't stop trying to unsock the game. Claimed to not be very into the game and hadn't spent time to get caught up. Admitted to playing 4 other games besides this one. Completely absent today. Absalom- can you add anything more to this? You seem to still have him on your radar.
Not really much to add. I still suspect him for the same reasons as yesterday, with the added "disappearing to try to get people to forget about him" ping. I really think most of the bad guys are laying low this game.

That being said, I think Jeph (Jeff, Geoff) has a good point about long analysis that doesn't really add anything but appears to be helpful.

ImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Absalom wrote:
Balaam wrote: CAIN- He was 2nd in the stoning poll. Made a vote threat if someone didn't stop trying to unsock the game. Claimed to not be very into the game and hadn't spent time to get caught up. Admitted to playing 4 other games besides this one. Completely absent today. Absalom- can you add anything more to this? You seem to still have him on your radar.
Not really much to add. I still suspect him for the same reasons as yesterday, with the added "disappearing to try to get people to forget about him" ping. I really think most of the bad guys are laying low this game.

That being said, I think Jeph (Jeff, Geoff) has a good point about long analysis that doesn't really add anything but appears to be helpful.
Sorry. I got on a roll with that one. Would you rather I lay low? :P
dodo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 153

Post by dodo »

Balaam wrote:Now then, on to other matters and curiosities. Here are some points to ponder as we close in on the next stoning:

CAIN- Law; Absalom

HAGAR- Law; Gideon

RAHAB- Gospels; Uzziah

Bathsheba
Esther
Hagar
Isaac
Lazarus
Mary Mag
Pilate
Stephen

Barnabas
Bathsheba
Esther
Judas
Lazarus

I might vote for you just because you are trying so so hard to be helpful without doing anything helpful.
I also infer that you want to sweep aside any discussion I tried to spur earlier.
Nicodemus wrote:
Of the players with 5 or fewer votes, 4 of them also missed the D1 lynch vote (Bathsheba, Esther, Judah, Lazarus). I think this points to those four having a genuinely low participation, and not trying to intentionally "lay low". Pilate, Mary, Stephen, Isaac and Hagar on the other hand, meet your 5 or less posts criteria and yet had time to submit a vote. This could indicate an intentional "laying low" strategy. Flying under the radar early on, hoping not to arouse suspicion.
Does that make them bad?
Job wrote:
Uzziah wrote:If Job was good, he would have backed down on pursuing me.
I don't have tunnel vision as your friend Lot is trying to make everyone believe. I was absolutely open minded, but absolutely nothing you have said in this game has made me feel better about your alignment whatsoever. You voted the sketchiest option d0, you have the sketchiest post of the game, you pulled a no u on my suspicion of you, you replied to me snark I'll and refused to post thoughts on other players upon my request, the list goes on and on. If you had done 3 of those gazillion things and made some progress towards doing something remotely town, perhaps I could look the other way. But combined with your scumminess, others are voucher for you and it only makes me more suspicious.

I will be voting Uzziah now and I hope others will follow.
"I don't have tunnel vision"
*has not talked about anything Uzziah since start of day*
Lot wrote: I feel like this entire day has been about nothing but Uzziah, and this I don't like. Even if we ultimately lynch Uzziah, it might be nice if we had a good amount of time talking about other options as well.
This.
Job wrote:I agree its odd we don't have additional options were really discussing. At the same time neither of you are offering to do the legwork yourselves. Are you afraid to stick your neck out? What do you think of Paul /absalom re: martha? Or Rachels theory about mentioning Paul while possibly silenced? If this really concerns you, you should be discussing things like this at greater length..
I proposed many topics of discussion which you mainly dismissed and ignored.

*vote=Job*
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

I don't think you were ignored, you just aren't answered directly. The meta aspect of my arguments is flawed per my discussion with lot. I can't believe you're making me repeat this again but He is bad IMO because he voted likely horseman option day 0, did a no u to my suspicion of him, has not contributed to conversation positively, voted early and the away his vote, refused to discuss thoughts on other players when directly asked to do so.. Is this making sense?

Re your question about likelihood of horseman shenanigans, I personally doubt this is the case, because I doubt he expected to get so much flak from me for his statement. Believe it or not there are even more obnoxious things you could do than that to attract unwanted attention
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

I'll help you narrow down your list of options to numbers 1 through 3 :)
Lunalee
nutella
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

At Rachel, saying I've dismissed your points is not a good reason to stop talking about them. I may disagree with you, but you shouldn't stop pursuing shit because of me. I am not the boss, so don't use me as an excuse.
Lunalee
nutella
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

I'm likely going to be absent from the thread the rest of the day. In case things go sour and I'm lynched ironically, I urge you to lynch Uzziah. Possible teammates include Rachel and Lot. I think Jonah is trustworthy. I also like Paul but I'm not sure of his hunting methods, but I think it comes from good intentions. I am still very wary of Belshazzar.
Lunalee
nutella
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Rachel wrote:I might vote for you just because you are trying so so hard to be helpful without doing anything helpful.
I also infer that you want to sweep aside any discussion I tried to spur earlier.
Rachel- I will take another look at your earlier discussion attempts over lunch and respond to any if I can.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Rachel- just to help me out, are you referring to posts you made during Day 2 or all game?
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Okay Balaam, I was going to say I see where you're coming from, with regards to that huge post, but then I saw your other post Rachel quoted. Not looking good. Another huge post that brings us no where. :disappoint:
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

I like Job. Will not be voting there. Maybe Ballam, maybe Uzziah, maybe someone else. I still have time.
I wonder if Jonah was silenced, because he was quite talkative last day, and maybe killing him would have been too obvious, so the baddies silenced him, which would make me believe we were right about Mary Magdalene
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Okay, Rachel, I'm assuming you're talking about your Day 2 posts. Hopefully my assumption is correct, otherwise, well- you know what happens when you assume...

Your first three posts were regarding Paul's absence and those who were calling attention to it. In your 3rd post you say you like my breakdown of Paul's lack of participation Day 2 and what that could mean for him and those who raise awareness of his silence. You state that you will keep an eye on Job specifically. Jephthah was the first person to actually refer to Paul's silence. Job reiterated this about two hours later. About 17 minutes later, Jonathan states that he would like to hear from Paul today. I asked you...
Balaam wrote:And only three people have pondered Paul's silence or mentioned wanting to hear his thoughts: Jephthah, Job, & Jonathan.

Is it the number 3 that bothers you or their proximity to each other in the thread?
...but you never replied. Why do you single out Job from that group? If anything, Jonathan's post could be interpreted as the shadiest because he actually says he wants to hear from Paul before making up his mind. He commented on the suspicion over Uzziah and hasn't been back since.

In a later post you accuse me of ignoring discussion of other people. Have I made up for that yet or are there other names you want to talk about?

Next thing you say is that you might vote for me over my big long posts that are rich in data but light on suspicion-pushing because you think it makes me look like I'm trying hard to look helpful without being helpful. Then you vote for Job instead because he tries to bring up the Paul/Absalom possibility over Martha's death.

And that's it. Am I missing something or do you want me to talk about the suspicions other people were tossing about?

Or do you want us to go back to Day 1's talking points? :confused:

Jephthah wrote:I like Job. Will not be voting there. Maybe Ballam, maybe Uzziah, maybe someone else. I still have time.
I wonder if Jonah was silenced, because he was quite talkative last day, and maybe killing him would have been too obvious, so the baddies silenced him, which would make me believe we were right about Mary Magdalene
What was the theory on Mary Mag again?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

...and Paul just voted for Cain, so he must not have been kidnapped. :confused:
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 85

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Balaam wrote:Okay, Rachel, I'm assuming you're talking about your Day 2 posts. Hopefully my assumption is correct, otherwise, well- you know what happens when you assume...

Your first three posts were regarding Paul's absence and those who were calling attention to it. In your 3rd post you say you like my breakdown of Paul's lack of participation Day 2 and what that could mean for him and those who raise awareness of his silence. You state that you will keep an eye on Job specifically. Jephthah was the first person to actually refer to Paul's silence. Job reiterated this about two hours later. About 17 minutes later, Jonathan states that he would like to hear from Paul today. I asked you...
Balaam wrote:And only three people have pondered Paul's silence or mentioned wanting to hear his thoughts: Jephthah, Job, & Jonathan.

Is it the number 3 that bothers you or their proximity to each other in the thread?
...but you never replied. Why do you single out Job from that group? If anything, Jonathan's post could be interpreted as the shadiest because he actually says he wants to hear from Paul before making up his mind. He commented on the suspicion over Uzziah and hasn't been back since.

In a later post you accuse me of ignoring discussion of other people. Have I made up for that yet or are there other names you want to talk about?

Next thing you say is that you might vote for me over my big long posts that are rich in data but light on suspicion-pushing because you think it makes me look like I'm trying hard to look helpful without being helpful. Then you vote for Job instead because he tries to bring up the Paul/Absalom possibility over Martha's death.

And that's it. Am I missing something or do you want me to talk about the suspicions other people were tossing about?

Or do you want us to go back to Day 1's talking points? :confused:

Jephthah wrote:I like Job. Will not be voting there. Maybe Ballam, maybe Uzziah, maybe someone else. I still have time.
See underlined. The fact that I commented on Pauls silence because i wanted to hear from Paul before making up my mind is an outright lie. Here is what I said about wanting to hear from Paul:
Jonathan wrote:I just want to see his (Pauls) response to Martha's death. Does he believe Absalom could have done it? What is his response to people who think he might have done it? I don't see his quietness as suspicious though since there is a way to explain it (Herod). Then again, maybe I'm just naive to believe that.

And now that we know Herod didn't silence him I want an explanation for that too.

I did post a couple of times after I said this about Paul.
dunya
Turnip Head
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Jonathan wrote:See underlined. The fact that I commented on Pauls silence because i wanted to hear from Paul before making up my mind is an outright lie. Here is what I said about wanting to hear from Paul:
Jonathan wrote:I just want to see his (Pauls) response to Martha's death. Does he believe Absalom could have done it? What is his response to people who think he might have done it? I don't see his quietness as suspicious though since there is a way to explain it (Herod). Then again, maybe I'm just naive to believe that.

And now that we know Herod didn't silence him I want an explanation for that too.

I did post a couple of times after I said this about Paul.
My apologies, Jonathan. I was doing a hasty re-read to reply to Rachel. I'm still curious though why she latched onto only Job on the "Where's Paul" issue.

In my defense on how many posts you made, however...
You did not post "a couple of times" after the post of your's that I was referring to (and the one you just re-quoted). After that, there was this...
Jonathan wrote:
Malchus wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Malchus wrote:
Absalom wrote:For the record, I did not kill Martha. I'm tough enough to handle a little accusation. I can't say I blame people for wanting to vote Uzziah. He hasn't exactly done much to inspire confidence, but I am still nervous about Cain.

For the record I don't believe you.
Jonathan wrote:When Uzziah first posted that he was rooting for scum I thought for sure he was someone on our site who always says things like that but they rarely speak to his alignment. As I read over his posts this morning though I'm starting to have some doubts that he is that person thus I am starting to look his way. I know meta is not supposed to play into this game but you just can't help it when a comment that unusual is made, and I can tell at least one other person had the same thought I did. So I have my eye on him today.

I'm inclined to agree that killing Martha may have been an attempt to frame Absalom or Paul. True it could have been just the opposite, one of them killed her because she was too close but I don't think either would have been worried about Martha getting people to vote them.

I'd like to hear or see more from Paul today regarding his thoughts about the Martha kill and other things.

Really regarding Uzziah? Who admits they are bad like that? You are actually considering this a baddie tactic? Not that I think Uzziah is a civvie but good lord what a stupid reason for suspecting someone.
I'm a little confused. Whats the stupid reason for suspecting someone?

Your reason.
If Uzziah is the person I first suspected he was he would definitely say something like that even if he's bad. Trouble is, he says things like that whether he's bad or good. It's hard to describe unless you've personally experienced it. I don't know though that Uzziah is the person I suspected. The fact that he has said more makes me start to doubt. The person I'm thinking of is somewhat quiet except for saying crazy things. I've begun to suspect it's someone else, someone who's identity I don't know and for all I know that person could be trying to emulate the person I thought Uzziah was, in which case I can't tell anything about their alignment. Thus I'm going to keep an eye out on Uzziah. Maybe that helps clarify. In any case, fyi its bad form here to use stupid to describe a person, their opinions, their thoughts or their point of view as it expresses disrespect for the person, so I will ask you to please not do it again.
...and then nothing until just now. One post does not "a couple" make.

But yeah, I'm really curious about Paul's silence now too. He wasn't kidnapped but I don't see any silencing powers listed to explain Paul or the other dozen who haven't made a peep today. I see Moses can inflict plagues on people but just one person at a time. Otherwise Moses's powers are secret. Lots of secret powers in this game tbqh. :sigh:
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Well, I think I am going to join Silent Paul and vote for Cain to let him know he still has my attention. I feel no better about him today than I did yesterday. In fact, I feel worse.

ImageImageImage
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Balaam wrote:
I'm just going to quote Jonah because he was the one who suspected her, while I ended up agreeing. There are two places:

[quote="Jonah]
Mary Magdalene wrote:Oh wow, this is really hard. I'm not used to the avatars or names and I tried a quick catch up but my eyes are bleeding. It's hard to remember who posted what. I think I missed Samsons reasoning for his vote so I guess I'll start there.
Samson wrote:I am also voting for Samuel.

There are actually many female-identified socks in this game.
I guess I didn't miss it, it seems to not exist. Samson can you please explain why? Right now it just looks like you are coat-tailing.
Props for finding the easiest thing in the thread to question. You said this is where you were gonna start but it looks like its also where you ended. is there nothing else you want to discuss mary?[/quote]
Jonah wrote:
Mary Magdalene wrote:Oh wow, this is really hard. I'm not used to the avatars or names and I tried a quick catch up but my eyes are bleeding. It's hard to remember who posted what. I think I missed Samsons reasoning for his vote so I guess I'll start there.
Woahh waitaminute Mary why does it matter if its hard to remember who posted what. I mean I get that. but did you find anything that was said to be suspicious? and if you did why didnt you just take a look at the name right above the post and quote it? This excuse feels fake. I get the feeling you only read the thread to stay caught up because it doesn't sound like you were actively looking to identify anyones alignment while you read.
There's something about Mary
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

It got a little screwed up, but the underlined is Jonah's replies to Mary Magdalene's posts
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

You're right, Jephthah- those quotes make me go :ponder:
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

I'm liking Geoff this game. He's on the ball.

ImageImageImage
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

Paul votes but isn't posting? Why? The heathens have a silencer, but it says that those who are silenced cannot post OR vote.

I don't have anybody I am really ok with voting for. This day had a lot of bickering back and forth, but nothing that really telegraphs heathen to me. Job has my suspicion but I wouldn't be ok with him dying yet. Mary seems odd as well as Cain. I don't want to commit to one because of a small suspicion, and be part of a mislynch again. That bugs me beyond belief.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Absalom wrote:I'm liking Geoff this game. He's on the ball.
Who's Geoff? :confused:
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Mordecai wrote:Paul votes but isn't posting? Why? The heathens have a silencer, but it says that those who are silenced cannot post OR vote.

I don't have anybody I am really ok with voting for. This day had a lot of bickering back and forth, but nothing that really telegraphs heathen to me. Job has my suspicion but I wouldn't be ok with him dying yet. Mary seems odd as well as Cain. I don't want to commit to one because of a small suspicion, and be part of a mislynch again. That bugs me beyond belief.
Yes, accountability is tough when you're a heathen, isn't it?

ImageImageImage
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Jephthah wrote:
You are Geoff. Jephthah->Jeph->Jeff->Geoff.

ImageImageImage
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 85

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Sorry Balaam I could have sworn I counted two posts after that one. I am not a high poster in the beginning which may be why you were expecting to see more and didn't.

I don't know who I'm voting today. I agree Mary seems odd but i don't know theres enough for me to vote. What is the case on Cain? I missed it yesterday. I will read through him when I get back from running a few errands. Uzziah, sigh, I just don't know what to think. There are several things that bug me that others have brought up and I don't like the feeling I have that he is someone pretending to be someone else just to get a bye from us (the TS people would be the only ones that applies to). So i'm going around and around with what I'm feeling about him. I may put a vote there.

I have to run some errands this afternoon and will re-read some more after the vote.
dunya
Turnip Head
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Absalom wrote:
Jephthah wrote:
You are Geoff. Jephthah->Jeph->Jeff->Geoff.
Oh sure. I have no idea how I didn't realize it myself...

But thanks :nicenod:
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Jonathan wrote:What is the case on Cain?
I don't know what THE case on Cain is, but I can tell you MY case on him.

1. He initially dropped in, made a vote threat, and disappeared. That was his only contribution for a long time.
2. When I brought this up and said I suspected him, he got hostile. He said he was in four games, and therefore shouldn't be expected to participate.
3. After I voted for him, he disappeared and has said nothing. I interpret this to be an attempt to make us forget about him.
4. I am more suspicious of quieter players this game than usual. I think it's really easy for baddies to do well in a sock game by laying low, and I think Cain has been laying low. That's why I voted for him over Uzziah.

I don't claim it to be an airtight case by any means, but those are my reasons for my vote.

ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”