Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 13

Moderator: Community Team

Have you cleaned up your sock account and returned it unharmed to your Hosts?

Yes
75%
No, not yet but will soon
No votes
Nope cuz we hosted/Bea/Roxy/Ser Sockinthestone
25%

Total votes: 16
Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 112

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Night 6

Post by Golf »

Bronwyn Mightyfeet wrote:
Fane Winebattle wrote:
Laine Crystalsteam wrote:Why do you find him shifty?
Because I am a good judge of character, I assume.
But is there something he's said or done to make you feel this way?
It's really just a hunch based on the tone of his posts. He started out by excusing his lack of participation due to illness, and then that changed to external events (which again, I don't think he is making up.) I just think real life problems may have coincided with a general need for the baddies to stay hidden while they disract us with lynch switches.
Fractal
sprityo
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 77

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Laine Crystalsteam wrote:
Gobnait Gingeruite wrote:
Fane Winebattle wrote:
Gobnait Gingeruite wrote:For the other three, do you have anything besides their quietness? I'm worried about lynching someone for quietness now; as the Finnian lynch showed us, that can be a mistake.
Not very much to be honest, it's more of a feeling based on their tone, but I find the fact that Dallon jumped into the thread immediately after his name was mentioned a little suspect, considering his lengthy absence before that.

Lyel's excuses have shifted over time, lacking a little in consistency (Although I hate to be too hard on him given how hard a time he seems to be having in RL.)

Grutfud has basically been MIA, missing votes and not saying anything, so he is the one I suspect least of the three right now, although I do think a good strategy for the baddies would be to switch lynches while remaining very quiet in order to throw suspicion on others.
Thanks Fane. I have been musing a bit on these three as well. There's just so little to go on. I agree that the timing of Dallon rejoining is pingy, but I think for now it's probably wisest to give him a chance to establish a thread presence while looking at candidates I have a better feel for.

I also agree that I would almost feel bad putting Lyel up for lynch because of the difficulties he's mentioned. If he's lying to hide baddieness then it's extremely poor form, but I haven't seen anything to indicate that's the case. However, if it is true I still have no idea whether he's good or bad. Same with Grutfud. I think these baddies have shown they're too powerful and too tricky to take a chance lynching someone we can't read (or slightly better, since baddies now outnumber us, but my point still stands).

What are people's thoughts on leading lynch candidates for tomorrow? I know Carmen has still been getting some attention, but who else do people think is on the chopping block, as it were.

Oh! And as a side note for the folks keeping tally at home, I believe Queran has now voted for 5 straight civs. 4 are confirmed and then 1 vote for me. Just sayin'.
That's a horrible thing to say. Lyel wouldn't make up that his father-in-law died. Though you're only saying if, don't even question what happens in real life and if it influences the game.

As for the poll, I like both equally and you can't have one without the other but I'll go for characters.

RIP Finnian. Sorry. :(

Yeah I also want to make extremely clear that the thought never crossed my mind that Lyel would lie about a family tragedy like his father-in-law's death. Laine is right to say that would be a horrible thing to say. If there was anything about his reasons I would have questioned it would have been the illness, but as I said I haven't seen a single thing to indicate that would be the case.

Queran, I'll continue to refuse to respond to your points against me unless you bring up something truly worth addressing or a large number of players start believing you. You have indeed voted for 5 straight civs. I never said they were 5 different civs. We both know that would be mathematically impossible since you voted Fin twice.

By the way, I don't think I remembered to say RIP Fin. In hindsight I feel bad about not believing you, my instincts (as those of many others) were way off.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 209

Post by Young Lady »

So you'll admit to voting for 4 civs then.
Supervisor
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

EBWOP: Counting me and the three Finnian votes :P
Supervisor
Sockys2023
The Mark
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Sockys2023 »

I owe all my fellow players and most amazing hostesses a sincere apology for my absence this last cycle and missing the vote. Real life scheduling got a bit crazy and I was unable to be around. However, I am back now.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Queran Gloomsoul wrote:EBWOP: Counting me and the three Finnian votes :P
Hahaha well played. That's fair, although I'd say I voted for civs thrice, not 3 civs. 3 not 4 because you're not a civ.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Oh I see, so when the tables are turned, it's "I voted for civs three times, I did not vote for three civs." But as it fits your case, you'd go so far as to say "You voted for FIVE STRAIGHT civs."
Supervisor
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

My word order was off. Someone's a bit touchy about their voting record! :hugs:

EBWOP: My earlier post should have read: "Queran has now voted for 5 civs straight."
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Yeah sure :P

If you can't stand the heat, etc.
Supervisor
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 34

Post by NurseWilgy »

Hello everyone! I am currently replacing in for someone else, so it's going to take me awhile to catch up. I'm on page 15 right now, so I'm hoping to be caught up by tonight or tomorrow morning at the worst.

As for the poll, I usually prefer having a good storyline/background to go off of in a tale, so I went with story.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Caught Twisting Facts Again? wrote:4 are confirmed and then 1 vote for me.
So if you really meant "civs 5 times" and not "five straight civs" as you claim after being grilled by me because you once again twisted things to fit your vendetta, why did your math add up to 5 individual people?
Supervisor
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

EBWOP: Welcome Lyle 2, I wish Lyle 1 all the best <3
Supervisor
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Queran Gloomsoul wrote:EBWOP: Welcome Lyle 2, I wish Lyle 1 all the best <3
Yes, welcome Lyel 2. I will suspend my accusations of you until you have had a chance to get caught up and defend yourself a bit.
Fractal
sprityo
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 121

Post by Rachel Green »

Dallon Redwarlock wrote:
Queran Gloomsoul wrote:I plan to, yeah.
You've been pretty sure about him all along. Not convinced personally. I think the arguments you have had are possibly, possibly clouding your judgement. having said that I may reread him to be sure.
This^^

This whole back and forth seems to center on semantics more than anything, I am at this stage viewing it as upstanding citizens infighting. I will, however, peruse their remarks yet again as I quaff a hearty beverage.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Ah, forgot it was night, and I could leave the euphemisms behind. Well, best to get in practice :)

And Welcome Lamby 2.0 ( I like calling you Lamby, Lyel ), Good Luck & Hugs, Lamby 1.0
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 98
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Re: Grimm's Polls

Post by Roxy »

Night 6

Which do you enjoy more in a tale?

Poll ended at Mon May 20, 2013 6:27 pm

Characters
Queran Gloomsoul (1), Bac Wunderelin (2), Bronwyn Mightyfeet (7), Shand Azureye (10), Gobnait Gingeruite (11), Miyuki Lovelymoth (12), Dallon Redwarlock (14), Ameerah Frolicstag (16), Laine Crystalsteam (17), Rhinfrew Flowingrass (18), Eurolyvn Blissfulone (19) 55%
Story
Fane Winebattle (5), Etain Royalskull (6), Izett Cruelsinger (9), Dierdre Wonderbird (13), Carmen Brightsun (15), Lyel Lambboat (20) 30%
All of it/Hosts/ Ser Sockittome/Deaded/Nons
Roxy (3), MovingPictures07 (4), Finnian Metalfox (8) 15%
Total votes : 20
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Double Trouble, Boil and Bubble.

THERE was once a poor widow who lived in a lonely cottage. In front of the cottage was a garden wherein stood two rose-trees, one of which bore white and the other red roses. She had two children who were like the two rose-trees, and one was called Snow-white and the other Rose-red. They were as good and happy, as busy and cheerful, as ever two children in the world were, only Snow-white was more quiet and gentle than Rose-red. Rose-red liked better to run about in the meadows and fields seeking flowers and catching butterflies; but Snow-white sat at home with her mother, and helped her with her house-work, or read to her when there was nothing to do.
The two children were so fond of each other that they always held each other by the hand when they went out together, and when Snow-white said, “We will not leave each other,” Rose-red answered, “Never so long as we live,” and their mother would add, “What one has she must share with the other.”
They often ran about the forest alone and gathered red berries, and no beasts did them any harm, but came close to them trustfully. The little hare would eat a cabbage-leaf out of their hands, the roe grazed by their side, the stag leapt merrily by them, and the birds sat still upon the boughs, and sang whatever they knew.
No mishap overtook them; if they had stayed too late in the forest and night came on, they laid themselves down near one another upon the moss, and slept until morning came, and their mother knew this and had not distress on their account.
Once when they had spent the night in the wood and the dawn had roused them, they saw a beautiful child in a shining white dress sitting near their bed. He got up and looked quite kindly at them, but said nothing and went away into the forest. And when they looked round they found that they had been sleeping quite close to a precipice, and would certainly have fallen into it in the darkness if they had gone only a few paces further. And their mother told them that it must have been the angel who watches over good children.
Snow-white and Rose-red kept their mother’s little cottage so neat that it was a pleasure to look inside it. In the summer Rose-red took care of the house, and every morning laid a wreath of flowers by her mother’s bed before she awoke, in which was a rose from each tree. In the winter Snow-white lit the fire and hung the kettle on the wrekin. The kettle was of copper and shone like gold, so brightly was it polished. In the evening, when the snowflakes fell, the mother said, “Go, Snow-white, and bolt the door,” and then they sat round the hearth, and the mother took her spectacles and read aloud out of a large book, and the two girls listened as they sat and span. And close by them lay a lamb upon the floor, and behind them upon a perch sat a, white dove with its head hidden beneath its wings.
One evening, as they were thus sitting comfortably together, some one knocked at the door, as if he wished to be let in. The mother said. “Quick, Rose-red, open the door, it must be a traveller who is seeking shelter.” Rose-red went and pushed back the bolt, thinking that it was a poor man, but it was not; it was a bear that stretched his broad, black head within the door.
Rose-red screamed and sprang back, the lamb bleated, the dove fluttered, and Snow-white hid herself behind her mother’s bed. But the bear began to speak and said, “Do not be afraid, I will do you no harm! I am half-frozen, and only want to warm myself a little beside you.”
“Poor bear,” said the mother, “lie down by the fire, only take care that you do not burn your coat.” Then she cried, “Snow-white, Rose-red, come out, the bear will do you no harm, he means well.” So they both came out, and by-and-by the lamb and dove came nearer, and were not afraid of him. The bear said, “Here, children, knock the snow out of my coat a little;” so they brought the broom and swept the bear’s hide clean; and he stretched himself by the fire and growled contentedly and comfortably. It was not long before they grew quite at home, and played tricks with their clumsy guest. They tugged his hair with their hands, put their feet upon his back and rolled him about, or they took a hazel-switch and beat him, and when he growled they laughed. But the bear took it all in good part, only, when they were too rough, he called out, “Leave me alive, children, Snowy-white, Rosy-red, Will you beat your lover dead?”

When it was bed-time, and the others went to bed, the mother said to the bear, “You can lie there by the hearth, and then you will be safe from the cold and the bad weather.” As soon as day dawned the two children let him out, and he trotted across the snow into the forest.
Henceforth the bear came every evening at the same time, laid himself down by the hearth, and let the children amuse themselves with him as much as they liked; and they got so used to him that the doors were never fastened until their black friend had arrived.

When spring had come and all outside was green, the bear said one morning to Snow-white, “Now I must go away, and cannot come back for the whole summer.” “Where are you going, then, dear bear,?” asked Snow-white. “I must go into the forest and guard my treasures from the wicked dwarfs. In the winter, when the earth is frozen hard, they are obliged to stay below and cannot work their way through; but now, when the sun has thawed and warmed the earth, they break through it, and come out to pry and steal; and what once gets into their hands, and in their caves, does not easily see daylight again.”
Snow-white was quite sorry for his going away, and as she unbolted the door for him, and the bear was hurrying out, he caught against the bolt and a piece of his hairy coat was torn off, and it seemed to Snow-white as if she had seen gold shining through it, but she was not sure about it. The bear ran away quickly, and was soon out of sight behind the trees.
A short time afterwards the mother sent her children into the forest to get fire-wood. There they found a big tree which lay felled on the ground, and close by the trunk something was jumping backwards and forwards in the grass, but they could not make out what it was. When they came nearer they saw a dwarf with an old withered face and a snow-white beard a yard long. The end of the beard was caught in a crevice of the tree, and the little fellow was jumping backwards and forwards like a dog tied to a rope, and did not know what to do.
He glared at the girls with his fiery red eyes and cried, “Why do you stand there? Can you not come here and help me?” “What are you about there, little man?” asked Rose-red. “You stupid, prying goose!” answered the dwarf; “I was going to split the tree to get a little wood for cooking. The little bit of food that one of us wants get burnt up directly with thick logs; we do not swallow so much as you coarse, greedy folk. I had just driven the wedge safely in, and everything was going as I wished; but the wretched wood was too smooth and suddenly sprang asunder, and the tree closed so quickly that I could not pull out my beautiful white beard; so now it is tight in and I cannot get away, and the silly, sleek, milk-faced things laugh! Ugh! how odious you are!”
The children tried very hard, but they could not pull the beard out, it was caught too fast. “I will run and fetch some one,” said Red-rose. “You senseless goose!” snarled the dwarf; “why should you fetch some one? You are already two too many for me; can you not think of something better?” “Don’t be too impatient,” said Snow-white, “I will help you,” and she pulled her scissors out of her pocket, and cut off the end of the beard.
As soon as the dwarf felt himself free he laid hold of a bag which lay amongst the roots of the tree, and which was full of gold, and lifted it up, grumbling to himself, “Uncouth people, to cut off a piece of my fine beard. Bad luck to you!” and then he swung the bag upon his back, and went off without even once looking at the children.
Some time after that Snow-white and Rose-red went to catch a dish of fish. As they came near the brook they saw something like a large grasshopper jumping towards the water, as if it were going to leap in. They ran to it and found it was the dwarf. “Where are you going?” said Rose-red; “you surely don’t want to go into the water?” “I am not such a fool!” cried the dwarf; “don’t you see that the accursed fish wants to pull me in?” The little man had been sitting there fishing, and unluckily the wind had twisted his beard with the fishing-line; just then a big, fish bit, and the feeble creature had not the strength to pull it out; the fish kept the upper hand and pulled the dwarf towards him. He held on to all the reeds and rushes, but it was of little good, he was forced to follow the movements of the fish, and was in urgent danger of being dragged into the water.
The girls came just in time; they held him fast and tried to free his beard from the line, but all in vain, beard and line were entangled fast together. Nothing was left but to bring out the scissors and cut the beard, whereby a small part of it was lost.
When the dwarf saw that he screamed out, “Is that civil, you toad-stool, to disfigure one’s face? Was it not enough to clip off the end of my beard? Now you have cut off the best part of it. I cannot let myself be seen by my people. I wish you had been made to run the soles off your shoes!” Then he took out a sack of pearls which lay in the rushes, and without saying a word more he dragged it away and disappeared behind a stone.
It happened that soon afterwards the mother sent the two children to the town to buy needles and thread, and laces and ribbons. The road led them across a heath upon which huge pieces of rock lay strewn here and there. Now they noticed a large bird hovering in the air, flying slowly round and round above them; it sank lower and lower, and at last settled near a rock not far off. Directly afterwards they heard a loud, piteous cry. They ran up and saw with horror that the eagle had seized their old acquaintance the dwarf, and was going to carry him off.
The children, full of pity, at once took tight hold of the little man, and pulled against the eagle so long that at last he let his booty go. As soon as the dwarf had recovered from his first fright he cried with his shrill voice, “Could you not have done it more carefully? You dragged at my brown coat so that it is all torn and full of holes, you helpless clumsy creatures!” Then he took up a sack full of precious stones and slipped away again under the rock into his hole. The girls, who by this time were used to his thanklessness, went on their way and did their business in the town.
As they crossed the heath again on their way home they surprised the dwarf, who had emptied out his bag of precious stones in a clean spot, and had not thought that any one would come there so late. The evening sun shone upon the brilliant stones; they glittered and sparkled with all colours so beautifully that the children stood still and looked at them. “Why do you stand gaping there?” cried the dwarf, and his ashen-grey face became copper-red with rage. He was going on with his bad words when a loud growling was heard, and a black bear came trotting towards them out of the forest. The dwarf sprang up in a fright, but he could not get to his cave, for the bear was already close. Then in the dread of his heart he cried, “Dear Mr. Bear, spare me, I will give you all my treasures; look, the beautiful jewels lying there! Grant me my life; what do you want with such a slender little fellow as I? you would not feel me between your teeth. Come, take these two wicked girls, they are tender morsels for you, fat as young quails; for mercy’s sake eat them!” The bear took no heed of his words, but gave the wicked creature a single blow with his paw, and he did not move again.
The girls had run away, but the bear called to them, “Snow-white and Rose-red, do not be afraid; wait, I will come with you.” Then they knew his voice and waited, and when he came up to them suddenly his bearskin fell off, and he stood there a handsome man, clothed all in gold. “I am a King’s son,” he said, “and I was bewitched by that wicked dwarf, who had stolen my treasures; I have had to run about the forest as a savage bear until I was freed by his death. Now he has got his well-deserved punishment.”
Snow-white was married to him, and Rose-red to his brother, and they divided between them the great treasure which the dwarf had gathered together in his cave. The old mother lived peacefully and happily with her children for many years. She took the two rose-trees with her, and they stood before her window, and every year bore the most beautiful roses, white and red. This is troubling we have had two deaths tonight and you are no closer to finding out who is killing -
Bac is dead.
Etain is dead.

Thank you both for playing <3

It is now Day 7 lynch a baddie!

If you picked Story in the Night poll please post your favorite Grimm's Fairy Tale.

If you picked Character in the Night poll please post you favorite character from Grimm's Fairy tales and tell everyone why it's your favorite.

This must be done in your first post!!!!!!!!!!!!
;)
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 7

Post by Rachel Green »

lol
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

RIPIYWG Bac and Etain.

My favorite Grimm Character hmm?

Iron John, hands down. The guy starts off looking all fierce and deadly, but as the story goes on he becomes a sort of guardian angel for the prince that set him free. And he has a LEGION of Iron soldiers that he just gives to this guy. He's

A) Misunderstood
B) Powerful
C) Sweet
Supervisor
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

I think I have sent all necessary PM's if you were expecting one and did not get one PM Bea and I.

The Caption contest winners will be notified after I eat and watch Game of Thrones from my DVR.
;)
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Celeste »

Bac Wunderelin wrote:lol
:hugs:
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

My favorite Grimm's story is tough to choose because there are so many great ones, but I am going to go with Gambling Hans (or Hansel, in this translation.) In which Hans tricks Death into climbing up into a tree from which he can never get down, owing to a miraculously farsighted wish.
http://classiclit.about.com/library/bl- ... hansel.htm
Fractal
sprityo
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 92

Post by Saito »

RIPIYWG Bac and Etain. Bac i was getting a good feeling from you and Etain I hadn't seen anything about you that made me suspicious.

My favorite character was always Rapunzel. I was fascinated as a child with how Rapunzel grew all that hair that would allow people to climb up it. I also liked the way Rapunzel and the Price overcame that nasty witch and lived happily ever after (with those children that appeared before they were married...I was too young to understand).
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Gobsuit, I saw where Queran says he's going to present a case on you today so we can see why he thinks you're suspicious. Will you also layout for us why you are suspicious of him?
Julinook
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 57
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Post by Julinook »

RIPIYWG Bac and Etain.

I voted for story. My favorite Grimm's Fairy Tale is Cinderella :lorab:
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Kent Brockman »

My favorite Grimm character may as well be the youthful soldier in "Die drei Schlangenblätter" ("The Three Snake Leaves"), because, damn, a guy will do anything for a lay.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 105

Post by Operator »

RIP Etain and Bac.

The coolest hero, and the one I like the most, is the ever resourceful Hansel, who, against all odds, saves his little sister and himself from evil, by being awesome.
Management
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 184

Post by Ned Flanders »

My role model as a young lad was Lazy Harry. What an inspiration he was, and quite ground-breaking. He knew that it was better to make a living with brains instead of brawn, and the best part- he got to marry Fat Trina. They were a good match, so not only was Harry wise in the ways of the world, but also of a happy home. :p
Assault
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 184

Post by Ned Flanders »

Carmen Brightsun wrote:RIPIYWG Bac and Etain.

Okay, this is just making me have doubts about you. Serious doubts.
Assault
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

I thought everyone might enjoy these! I left them in the order our illustrious Judge decided. :daisy:

The Judge wrote:Alright, tried not to give this too much thought, mostly just my initial read through! From BEST to WORST:
"See? I told you a digital watermark would keep the Wolf away. Let's put cherries on our trotters in celebration."
"Good idea not building a bathroom in the house of sticks. Wolfie's gonna blow!"
After giving Dr. Wolf directions to Red Riding Hood's sickly old Grandma's house, the little piggies danced a jig of happiness for doing their good deed of the day.
"But sadly, the wolf's allegations of institutional racism would ruin Polka-Con '97 for everyone."
Why you should always take a pig seriously when he says he's going to "Kick your Ass"
;)
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Hi Denizens of Fiction :)

I am, um, suddenly reborn, yeah thats it. Reborn :)

So I have to read this whole shebang from the start. It may take me some time to do that. I will check in when I have.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Welcome Anchorette Mk. II. It is nice to have you here.
Fractal
sprityo
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 104

Post by Spooky Ghost »

RIPIYWG Etain and Bac. I have no reasons to suspect either of you were bad, in fact I was leaning quite the opposite on you both, so I'll just say RIP. :rip:

I voted story, and one of my favorites was Sleeping Beauty. I grew up listening to it on a record, and the sound effects when she pricked her finger on the needle of the spinning wheel were absolutely terrifying to little kid me. Ever since I've had a love of scary movies! :noble:
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Izett Cruelsinger wrote:RIPIYWG Etain and Bac. I have no reasons to suspect either of you were bad, in fact I was leaning quite the opposite on you both, so I'll just say RIP. :rip:

I voted story, and one of my favorites was Sleeping Beauty. I grew up listening to it on a record, and the sound effects when she pricked her finger on the needle of the spinning wheel were absolutely terrifying to little kid me. Ever since I've had a love of scary movies! :noble:
The Disney Sleeping Beauty has Tchaikovsky, so that is nice. You are such a cute Leprechaun! :)
Fractal
sprityo
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Wow, I have not said much, have I?

Well that shall change :noble:

I have read my posts, and the posts of the people I quoted, and a bit of the beginning where everyone is talking about Rumplestiltskin. I am going to try to stick to rather common words, and avoid jargon related to the hobby we all share. I shall read a bit more before bed, and finish catching up tomorrow.

I don't think I voted for one of the night options, but I would have voted for Story. Plots are classic, you can plug characters in or out, but the plot is the key.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 34

Post by NurseWilgy »

RIPIYWG Bac and Etain. From my re-read, I was leaning civvie on both of you.

As for my favorite Grimms story, I guess I'll go with Rumpelstiltskin. Outside of the major ones/any that Disney turned into a movie, I really haven't read or even heard of most of them. That's probably terrible considering what game I'm playing. :(

As for my catching up, I'm finally done doing so. However, I think I'm going to have to sleep on it in order to absorb a decent amount of it. If any of you have questions for me, I will be more than willing to answer them. But it might help if you can pull quotes or links to certain pages. Because like I said, this afternoon and evening of reading all of that feels like a blur now.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

RIPIYWG Bac and Etain. I'm pretty sure Bac was, and was starting to lean that way on Etain.

My favorite Grimm character my be the Big Bad Wolf. "The better to eat you with" is one of the all-time great bad guy lines. And his plan, while nonsensical, is sort of brilliant.
Bronwyn Mightyfeet wrote:Gobsuit, I saw where Queran says he's going to present a case on you today so we can see why he thinks you're suspicious. Will you also layout for us why you are suspicious of him?
I can do this if people want. I have reservations. First, I likely die either way. Either folks believe him and I "win the popularity contest" or he flips bad, everyoje believes I'm civ, and it gets me NKed. Second, why ask me to write a super long and detailed case now, right after Rumplestiltskin comes back into play, after we've had 3 rl sunny periods without him? That super pings me. :eye:

That said, if people are set on deciding between the two of us and too lazy or busy to read up themselves, I'll go for it. Anyone else have input on this?
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Well, I have been trying to catch up, and am leaning Carmen, mainly because it is fairly easy to understand why she is suspicious. I am having a bit of a problem wrapping my head around the cases you have on each other. They are pretty intricate and seem based on suppositions that have wither proved false, like Jorhan being evol, or unproven.

Synopsis would be a blessing :)
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Kent Brockman »

Gobnait Gingeruite wrote:
I can do this if people want. I have reservations. First, I likely die either way. Either folks believe him and I "win the popularity contest" or he flips bad, everyoje believes I'm civ, and it gets me NKed. Second, why ask me to write a super long and detailed case now, right after Rumplestiltskin comes back into play, after we've had 3 rl sunny periods without him? That super pings me. :eye:
Before I set out on my arduous journey today, let me say that this is a false dilemma. It could well be that you are both evil, and if that is true, then the other crew already knows you are not one of their own.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:

Aw, come on. Can't a girl have some fun? :p I'm just messin' with y'all. In all my mafia experience, I have found the players read *way* too much into things - always so seewious. :srsnod: Lighten up people :D
:fishslap:
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Anchorete Playfulure wrote:Synopsis would be a blessing :)
Good to see you and Lyel back! I was hoping you guys would be able to provide a fresh perspective on what has transpired so far. The way some of the past lynches have gone, I wouldn't recommend trusting anyone's synopses since they will naturally be filtered through their own agenda, and therefore, inherently biased.
Management
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Carmen Brightsun wrote:
Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:

Aw, come on. Can't a girl have some fun? :p I'm just messin' with y'all. In all my mafia experience, I have found the players read *way* too much into things - always so seewious. :srsnod: Lighten up people :D
:fishslap:

All that said, Cinderella *is* my favorite because of all the wonderful spin-offs. I love Ever After and Ella Enchanted! "You're looking well Margarete." "You're welcome to look your highness." :D
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Shand Azureye wrote:
Anchorete Playfulure wrote:Synopsis would be a blessing :)
Good to see you and Lyel back! I was hoping you guys would be able to provide a fresh perspective on what has transpired so far. The way some of the past lynches have gone, I wouldn't recommend trusting anyone's synopses since they will naturally be filtered through their own agenda, and therefore, inherently biased.
Well, like all of us who do this weird thing for fun, I can read past bias, or think I can, and seeing a synopsis of each case would be helpful in giving me a "deep down" feeling about who seems to be being more forthright and honest. Also it might help me get past tone; when reading back this AM, I was having a bit of an issue getting past the tone of some of the posts in Queran v. Gobnait. Considering that more than one person has said this may be a civ v civ thing as well (and I could see why) a synopsis would tell me if perhaps I should go my own way. At this stage in my reading (whichis not as far as it could be) they have both made some good, and some (to my mind) horrible points.

I have to catch up with these names, almost 1,200 posts and try to decipher two rather intricate (and seemingly based on nuance to a large extent) cases in a relatively short period of time, as well as absorb more than that on a rather complex thread with vast manipulations, considering work and life in general. And as I understand it, I am not the only one.

So yeah, synopsis would be good.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Carmen, I don't trust you a bit, but your lightheartedness and fun-loving spirit does you credit.
Fractal
sprityo
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

*wakes from a nap*

Hey, what's been happening in here?
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Welcome back Grutfud! Your powers of napping are impressive. Any reason why we shouldn't lynch you?
Fractal
sprityo
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Gobnait Gingeruite wrote:RIPIYWG Bac and Etain. I'm pretty sure Bac was, and was starting to lean that way on Etain.

My favorite Grimm character my be the Big Bad Wolf. "The better to eat you with" is one of the all-time great bad guy lines. And his plan, while nonsensical, is sort of brilliant.
Bronwyn Mightyfeet wrote:Gobsuit, I saw where Queran says he's going to present a case on you today so we can see why he thinks you're suspicious. Will you also layout for us why you are suspicious of him?

That said, if people are set on deciding between the two of us and too lazy or busy to read up themselves, I'll go for it. Anyone else have input on this?
Gobnait, cases are fundamental to the game. Generally, people have thoughts about others and share the reasons for that with others. Then, others either find more evidence or see logic problems with the information presented. This is how we play. My asking you for your case is not ping worthy, it is normal. With that said, don't do anything you are not comfortable with.
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

Fane Winebattle wrote:Welcome back Grutfud! Your powers of napping are impressive. Any reason why we shouldn't lynch you?
Oh, you are talking to me...lol. I'm not used to my name yet.

Yes, you and your friends have lynched enough civs. I doubt you want to lynch one more. Plus, I just got here. Give me a chance to speak before you condemn me!
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Ok, if it'll help people I'll put it up. Tomorrow though, since it'll be long and I only have phone access today. As Shand noted, it'll be biased, but I'm ok with that. And Bronwyn, to be more clear I wasn't pinged by your request, which I find totally reasonable and in the spirit of mafia, just by the timing of the request, because it seems to give Rumpelstiltskin and friends a chance to use my words against me, literally
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

RIPIYWG Bac and Etain. I was feeling very good about Bac and fear we lost a hero. :( Etain I was waffling on.

My favorite character would be the youngest brother, called Simpleton, in The Golden Goose. He's honest, and kind, and gets involved in a very humorous situation.

Return to “Previous Jobs”