Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 13

Moderator: Community Team

Have you cleaned up your sock account and returned it unharmed to your Hosts?

Yes
75%
No, not yet but will soon
No votes
Nope cuz we hosted/Bea/Roxy/Ser Sockinthestone
25%

Total votes: 16
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 98

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 7

Post by Gunther »

I am sure I will be accused of buddying up to Gob, but I am voting for Queran. I read both his & Gobs cases more than once, and think Gob hit the nail on the head about Querans attitude towards Bac. He was trying to sow some seeds, and when nothing grew, he abandoned the crop.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 104

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Queran Gloomsoul wrote:Following that logic, I assume you think a split vote would be better?

I'd say you didn't follow that logic one bit. Image Or else you're kidding around. Dunno. :shrug:
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Gobnait Gingeruite wrote: Izett, your point is a good one, but you're forgetting to mention that Bac was Japanified, survived an NK, brought us info about the secret baddie team, and then was NKed. I think that evidence trumps his vote record. Otherwise I'd likely be counting him as bad.
Ok, thanks for the further explanation. That's what I was actually wanting, but I forgot to add the question asking for further explanation from you in my last post where I was allegedly clarifying my thoughts.

I'll say this - the discussion after the large novels written by Gob (I originally typed "God" there :haha: ) and Queran has actually changed my leaning just a tad. I am not feeling quite as good about Queran as I was, and I'm feeling slightly better about Gob than I was.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Ameerah Frolicstag wrote:Well, I have been suspicious of Carmen for days, but like others have pointed out, the sheer number of people voting her is a little worrisome. If she had teammates would there have been more defense of her by now?

I have to remind myself that she was up for a lynch with more than enough votes once already and survived while a civvie took a hit in her place (Bac), then the next lynch craftilly got shifted away from her in favor of another (Finnian) but resulted in the death of another civvie (Mainchin). Followed by another day of talking about Carmen but subsequently voting another civvie (again Finnian) leading to his demise.

So while a lot of votes for her makes me nervous, maybe her teammates have decided she can't be saved today so they're just voting for her to blend in?

Gonna stick with my primary suspicion and *Vote Carmen* again and hope we aren't being bamboozled.

These are some good points. I have a little time before I have to vote. I am feeling very frustrated about this game right now, so I'll go get ready to leave for a while and keep thinking about everything.

(Sorry for the triple post, unless there's linki dividing them up.)
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 209

Post by Young Lady »

Izett Cruelsinger wrote:
Queran Gloomsoul wrote:Following that logic, I assume you think a split vote would be better?

I'd say you didn't follow that logic one bit. Image Or else you're kidding around. Dunno. :shrug:

I thought when you said a unanimous lynch wasn't sitting well with you, you were implying you'd feel better if the votes were spread a bit more? Sorry if I was wrong :P
Supervisor
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Grutfud Orangesprite wrote:Well I haven't been playing long enough to be as sure as most of you seem. However, I will say that it sure seems odd how easy it appears to be to lynch Carmen, almost with no opposition. I'm going to just vote my gut since that's about all I have to go on here.

I'm going to vote Queran. She/he was still in here when I posted my last post and I waited quite a while to see if she'd (he'd) say anything in response, while still in here for a while, no response. I have a bad gut feeling about voting Carmen, I don't know why exactly, just do. So I'm not gonna.

I went to go eat dinner and take care of some chores.
Supervisor
Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 112

Post by Golf »

Izett Cruelsinger wrote:I am not feeling quite as good about Queran as I was, and I'm feeling slightly better about Gob than I was.
That's interesting, because I feel the opposite.

Also, I have to say I like new Lyel a lot better than old Lyel. He seems more fun (still don't wholly trust him though)
Fractal
sprityo
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 55

Post by Jack Shephard »

I am voting Carmen. I agree with points raised about her role dropping, then claiming it was just a bit of fun. It just seems a bit odd. Could be a confused newbie but I need to find out (although I suspect Rumpy will mess with our heads again) We can look at Gob/ Quen next if no one else pops up.

Votes Carmen
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 58
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Quokka »

Both Queran and Gobnait's cases against each other are good, but I think I'm leaning more towards a vote for Gobnait.
To be recycled
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

I have to say, I'm pretty suspicious of the people splitting the vote between Queran and Gobnait. This basically guarantees that Rumpy can select whichever one is not on his team for elimination. I think Bronwyn was the wise person this time, to be the first to stay out of that feud.
Fractal
sprityo
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Fane Winebattle wrote:I have to say, I'm pretty suspicious of the people splitting the vote between Queran and Gobnait. This basically guarantees that Rumpy can select whichever one is not on his team for elimination. I think Bronwyn was the wise person this time, to be the first to stay out of that feud.
Oh my, I just looked at the poll and saw that. :|

Well I am certainly not comfortable voting between the 2 of them at this time. So I guess it's Carmen. I shall cross my fingers and hope for the best.

What is it that made you lean the opposite of me after reading all the Gob/Queran discussion?

*votes Carmen*
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Izett Cruelsinger wrote: What is it that made you lean the opposite of me after reading all the Gob/Queran discussion?
Queran was more passionate in his case, and I think his facts are stronger. Gob's case felt almost halfhearted and I didn't find it all that convincing. I am by no means sure about either of them, but right now I tend to trust Queran slightly more.

Also, Diedre has a lovely avatar.
Fractal
sprityo
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Well thanks Fane :D
Supervisor
Roxy
Hitman
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

I have been in traffic hell :WTF:
I just got home things will be a wee bit late.
Patience is all I ask.
;)
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Worst. Haiku. Ever.
Supervisor
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Fane Winebattle wrote:
Izett Cruelsinger wrote: What is it that made you lean the opposite of me after reading all the Gob/Queran discussion?
Queran was more passionate in his case, and I think his facts are stronger. Gob's case felt almost halfhearted and I didn't find it all that convincing. I am by no means sure about either of them, but right now I tend to trust Queran slightly more.

See, I viewed that "passion" as aggression", and what you saw as half hearted, I saw as rational and calm, and that alone made his arguments easier to understand, plus I agreed with his position on Bac. I don't think I trust Queran at all.

Tell me, which facts did you think were stronger in Querans case, and which weaker in Gobs?

And since other people had already gotten away from the unanimous vote, I decided not to vote Carmen as in my reading today, i realized that someone who has since died put out another Cindy/Prince hint. So what I viewed as lack of a vouch may have been a dead Cinderella. So although i had felt earlier that no vouch meant no Prince, I reconsidered.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

EBWOP, and by that time it was too late to make any difference BTW, so :shrug:
Roxy
Hitman

Re: Grimm's Polls

Post by Roxy »

Come out, come out wherever you are!

Poll ended at Wed May 22, 2013 6:37 pm

Eurolyn Blissfulone
No votes
Lyel Lambboat
No votes
Gobnait Gingeriute
Queran Gloomsoul (7), Rhinfrew Flowingrass (16), Laine Crystalsteam (19) 15%
Fane Winebattle
No votes
Anchorete Playfulure
No votes
Queran Gloomsoul
Carmen Brightsun (12), Grutfud Orangesprite (13), Anchorete Playfulure (17) 15%
Bronwyn Mightyfeet
No votes
Izett Cruelsinger
No votes
Shand Azureye
No votes
Dallon Redwarlock
No votes
Ameerah Frolicstag
No votes
Diedre Wonderbird
No votes
Grutfud Orangesprite
No votes
Carmen Brightsun
Bronwyn Mightyfeet (4), Shand Azureye (5), Eurolyvn Blissfulone (6), Fane Winebattle (8), Gobnait Gingeruite (9), Lyel Lambboat (10), Dierdre Wonderbird (11), Miyuki Lovelymoth (14), Ameerah Frolicstag (15), Dallon Redwarlock (18), Izett Cruelsinger (20) 55%
Miyuki Lovelymoth
No votes
Laine Crystalsteam
No votes
olly,olly ox in free/Hosts/Ser Socktoejam/Deaded/Nons
Roxy (1), MovingPictures07 (2), He-Man (3) 15%
Total votes : 20
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Queran Gloomsoul wrote:Awesomest. Haiku. Ever.
Fixed! :p
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Let a little rain fall and no one knows how to drive
Yes that's right I am still complaining about the traffic hell.

Once upon a time a prince wants to marry a princess, but is having difficulty finding a suitable wife. Something is always wrong with those he meets, and he cannot be certain they are real princesses. One stormy night a young woman drenched with rain seeks shelter in the prince's castle. She claims to be a princess, so the prince's mother decides to test their unexpected guest by placing a pea in the bed she is offered for the night, covered by 20 mattresses and 20 feather beds. In the morning the Princess Gobnait tells her hosts - in a speech colored with double entendres - that she endured a sleepless night, kept awake by something hard in the bed; which she is certain has bruised her. The prince rejoices. Only a real princess would have the sensitivity to feel a pea through such a quantity of bedding. The two are married, and the pea is placed in the Royal Museum. Poor Gobnait didn't see this coming as that damn pea kept her awake all night! She was Princess and the Pea.

Thanks for playing Gob!

It is now night - Night 6 to be precise <3
Do your thang! :dance:
;)
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Night 6

Post by Young Lady »

RIP Gob, I was sure I had something there :solitary:
Supervisor
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Also why was Gob even lynched and not Carmen? Another save?
Supervisor
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 92

Post by Saito »

Damn. Once again she is saved. RIP Gobnait, and goodbye princess and the pea damnit.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Gaming Time!

How well do you know everyone?

Please put together your best guess as to everyone’s true identities.

There have been replacements noted by an * by their name. See I can be a helpful Host sometimes :p

Bonus points for knowing both identities.

Most right wins a most excellent prize if there is a tie(s) then awesome! We will accept your lists until the end of Night 6.

All the names you need are on the first page.
;)
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

RIP Gob. :(

So Carmen survived again? :eye:
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Kent Brockman »

Damn it to Jahannam!

I see that I chose poorly. Again. :sigh:
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

I was right about Gob. So glad i didn't fall for the argument against him. RIP
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

I voted for Grimms because

A) Aesopes fables suck

B) Duh.
Supervisor
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 184

Post by Ned Flanders »

Anchorete Playfulure wrote:
Fane Winebattle wrote:

See, I viewed that "passion" as aggression", and what you saw as half hearted, I saw as rational and calm, and that alone made his arguments easier to understand, plus I agreed with his position on Bac. I don't think I trust Queran at all.

Tell me, which facts did you think were stronger in Querans case, and which weaker in Gobs?

And since other people had already gotten away from the unanimous vote, I decided not to vote Carmen as in my reading today, i realized that someone who has since died put out another Cindy/Prince hint. So what I viewed as lack of a vouch may have been a dead Cinderella. So although i had felt earlier that no vouch meant no Prince, I reconsidered.
I must have missed this, can you link it please, or indicate which dead player, and I'll reread them? Thanks
Assault
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Grimm's is the best because the original stories could be really dark and are all pretty darn awesome. :srsnod:
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 105

Post by Perd Hapley »

Grimm I guess. Tbh I'm not even sure which are which.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Hans Christian Andersen
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Kent Brockman »

I hope the hosts, peace be upon them, favor honesty over ass kissing. :evileye:

I always found Aesop to be a real funny fucker. He could whip up the damnedest stories. We went to college together, did you not know? He would down shots of the finest Greek Ouzo and pen the craziest bullshit I'd ever seen on cocktail napkins. Talking cocks? Check. Tortoises that win races? Check. Jupiter getting pissed at a bee? Ha! That one probably happened because the bee was sticking Leda on the side. Zeus was an Olympic douche.

We always used to laugh at him, because he believed he'd be a famous author. My unsold copies of My Life with No Penis are still sitting in my basement. :sigh:

Anyway, I am raising a glass of North America's finest flavored whiskey in honor of my homeboy Aesop! Here's for all the good times, yo!
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:
Fane Winebattle wrote:

Tell me, which facts did you think were stronger in Querans case, and which weaker in Gobs? :lorab:

I must have missed this, can you link it please, or indicate which dead player, and I'll reread them? Thanks

T'was Etain :) She said she had slippers, and was pretty in favor of not voting Carmen, then she died.

Although I could go either way on Carmen surviving, I think they did it again just to mess with us and have us keep lynching the same person over and over.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Snapshot »

omg I've just figured something out. its a guess but I think I'm right. more tonight once I get home.
Reporting
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Voting Grimm; I was never a big fan of stories that feel the need to hit you over the head with Morals; subtlety was totally lost on Aesop. And Mom G is sweet, but i'm an adult.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 92

Post by Saito »

Voting Grimm - I like my fairy tales dark. :dance:
Julinook
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 57
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Post by Julinook »

Wow. I am shocked and so relieved. I don't know what to say. Those baddies are up to something. You know, maybe they think if they keep saving me, I will be the talk of the town and keep the focus off of their team. I don't know, but I'm thankful to still be here.

And, I'm voting Grimms.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 34

Post by NurseWilgy »

Voting Grimms. I prefer the darker storylines honestly. Too much of the "...and everyone lived happily ever after!" BS with the other 2. I want realistic stories where people lose limbs, life, and others they care about darn it! And RIP Gobnait! I'm glad that I didn't listen to the cases between you and Queran for this lynch now. Although it sounds like there was some manipulation thanks to Rumpy. Miserable son of a... :WTF:
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:
Fane Winebattle wrote:

voted Grimms because they were scary.
Tell me, which facts did you think were stronger in Querans case, and which weaker in Gobs? :lorab:

T'was Etain :) She said she had slippers, and was pretty in favor of not voting Carmen, then she died.

Although I could go either way on Carmen surviving, I think they did it again just to mess with us and have us keep lynching the same person over and over.
Anchorete, I believe you are mistaken about Etain. He started off Day 4 with a desire to vote Carmen, as 'she had been giving him the willies'. Sometime during the day he saw the role hint and decided to back off the vote, as did quite a few others. He even said he was backing off because of that and when switching his vote to Finnian, he began to look at others who were discussing low posters, which he saw as a possible attempt to save Finnian. There was no night 4, and the next day, he pursued his Finnian belief. He may have been planning to check Carmen on night 5, and since that was the night he died, we won't know until game end. Or unless someone else speaks up and refutes this.

But you have opened a new can of worms. Do you have any other reason for thinking that Etain may have been Cinderella? I didnt get that from rereading him, nor did I get the impression that he was a checker of some kind. I can't think of any reason why he was killed that would be in relation to Carmen at all.

But I do believe that Carmen is being very well protected by someone, and Rumple comes to mind. The people who did not vote Carmen today may have been helping Rumple, no matter how they did vote, they lessened the number of votes that Rumple had to shift.

Frankly, I believe that all talking needs to start being done through the night phases, and none during the day at all. Every lynch so far, except days 1and 5, have been stolen by Rumplestiltskin.
Assault
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Poo. :WTF: RIP Gob.

I don't have any major revelations to share, but maybe you are right about the voters, Miyuki. I think that is an idea worth exploring. :srsnod:
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

EBWOP:

I feel sorry for Mother Goose, because it doesn't have any votes yet. I'm going to put my vote there. Also, I love geese!
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:
Anchorete, I believe you are mistaken about Etain. He started off Day 4 with a desire to vote Carmen, as 'she had been giving him the willies'. Sometime during the day he saw the role hint and decided to back off the vote, as did quite a few others. He even said he was backing off because of that and when switching his vote to Finnian, he began to look at others who were discussing low posters, which he saw as a possible attempt to save Finnian. There was no night 4, and the next day, he pursued his Finnian belief. He may have been planning to check Carmen on night 5, and since that was the night he died, we won't know until game end. Or unless someone else speaks up and refutes this.

But you have opened a new can of worms. Do you have any other reason for thinking that Etain may have been Cinderella? I didnt get that from rereading him, nor did I get the impression that he was a checker of some kind. I can't think of any reason why he was killed that would be in relation to Carmen at all.

But I do believe that Carmen is being very well protected by someone, and Rumple comes to mind. The people who did not vote Carmen today may have been helping Rumple, no matter how they did vote, they lessened the number of votes that Rumple had to shift.

Frankly, I believe that all talking needs to start being done through the night phases, and none during the day at all. Every lynch so far, except days 1and 5, have been stolen by Rumplestiltskin.
Miyuki, I believe i am not :)

The slippers remark that Etain made, and the way she refocused. And I do think that for reasons of my own, TBH. Related to who I think Etain was. But I saw what I saw, and I think I am correct. Sorry you do not think so. But I really do think I am correct.

I do not know that I think the same, but if I am right, that might account for the lack of a vouch, or its opposite. Becasue if Cinderella could, she checked Carmen last night.

And yeah, I agree re talking at night, tbh.

Carmen, I keep going back and forth on you. I will be convinced you are bad, then I see something that makes me not as sure. If we could have a normal lynch (wait we did, and we lynched a civvie :( ) who do you think we should lynch? If you don't want to talk at night I get it, but the baddies would have to be stupid to kill you with all the non-suspicion and non-lynches they are getting out of this situation. And with Gob dead, the epic battle of Queran vs Gobnait we were all expecting tomorrow won't happen, so I fear it will be all Carmen all the time. Perhaps tomorrow instead of being the Damsel in Distress, sitting back and letting us fight over you, you can show us what direction you feel we should be looking, rather than simply not at you.

I also am interested in hearing your opinion of Rhinfrew; people stepping up to the plate to defend me when I am a lone civ always make me a tad nervous, and i wonder if you feel the same.

I am looking forward to hearing Deirdres theory. In reading back, I found her theory on why there were two nights to be a pretty sound one.

And I do not think that voting for someone other than the popular person is helping Rumple. Intentionally or unintentionally, since he can apparently pick any target, not just one with votes.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 77

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Gah! I had a feeling my doom was impending. Avenge me, civs!
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Anchorete, thanks for explaining about Etain, although I'm not quite sure I understand what you're saying, I'll accept it.

On the votes, I disagree. Rumple can switch to anyone, but its going to depend on how many votes he can steal. If Carmen had a whopping majority of votes, and only one vote on another player or two, then Rumple may have been prevented from switching at all. If he is trying to save Carmen, all he has to do is have his other teammates place votes on the other contenders.
Assault
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Well, I am not going to vote for someone I do not necessarily think is bad, even if everyone else does. Because that is how to lynch civvies without any baddie manipulation at all.

And Thank You. It is my firm belief that The Prince, regardless of who he is, is destined to live alone :(
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Anchorete Playfulure wrote:Well, I am not going to vote for someone I do not necessarily think is bad, even if everyone else does. Because that is how to lynch civvies without any baddie manipulation at all.

And Thank You. It is my firm belief that The Prince, regardless of who he is, is destined to live alone :(
So you definitely believe that Etain was Cinderella?
Assault
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

I really do think that. Yeah.

Which does not necessarily make Carmen the Prince. I have no idea about that.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Anchorete Playfulure wrote:I really do think that. Yeah.

Which does not necessarily make Carmen the Prince. I have no idea about that.
Thank you again. I don't want you to feel like I'm trying to put you on the spot, I'm just having trouble understanding the way you are seeing things.

I agree with you about not wanting to vote for someone if you don't think they are the most suspicious one, but I think we all have that difficulty to face in this game. Civvies are being lynched either way.

I was suspicious of Carmen, but like you, have had a few doubts (not so much now though). And between Gob and Queran, I had not decided what to believe. Since you changed your vote for Carmen after seeing that Etain had backed off his vote for her, you placed your vote for Queran instead, because you were more suspicious of him.
Assault
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Do you mean this lynch? Etain is dead. I saw what I saw during a read of Carmen, then a reread of Etain, today.

I am waffled on Carmen. She could be bad, and just because one person bought a role hint, does not mean that I did. This AM, I planned a vote for Carmen before Gobnait posted his thesis (her? I think of Gob as a male sounding name, but apparently everyone else is saying "her") and could really see the case on Queran, his Bac Attack really did seem like a baddie seed planting expedition to me. When it occured to me that Cinderella could be dead, which explained no subtle defenses, I decided I felt better with a vote for Queran, who seems manipulative to me, very much so.

Return to “Previous Jobs”