Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 13

Moderator: Community Team

Have you cleaned up your sock account and returned it unharmed to your Hosts?

Yes
75%
No, not yet but will soon
No votes
Nope cuz we hosted/Bea/Roxy/Ser Sockinthestone
25%

Total votes: 16
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 209

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Night 7

Post by Young Lady »

I will post in more detail tomorrow, but sufficed to say the following:

A deal can be struck once in the game similar to the deal Rumplestiltskin strikes with the MIllers Daughter. The details of that deal are yet to be hashed out :)
Supervisor
Operator
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 105

Post by Operator »

That does sound interesting. A man of your intelligence will surely agree though that it will be too late by then. Come sunrise, you will be as dead as every dead creature that has ever died.
Management
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Well that is exactly the point my good Shand. A dieing man has only the truth left to him :)
Supervisor
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

My response to that, sir, is a succinct "meh." Give us specifics right now, and we can talk.
Management
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Specifics will have to wait until I've had more than 3 hours of sleep :)
Supervisor
Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 112

Post by Golf »

Shand, what are you doing? Even if he's telling the truth (which he assuredly isn't. There's no *secrets* next to Rumpy's role) what do we have to gain by dealing with him? Leaving him alive is the single most dangerous thing any of us could do. He's just trying to fool you.
Fractal
sprityo
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 104

Post by Spooky Ghost »

0:33-0:37 - all you need to know!

Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Fane Winebattle wrote:Shand, what are you doing? Even if he's telling the truth (which he assuredly isn't. There's no *secrets* next to Rumpy's role) what do we have to gain by dealing with him? Leaving him alive is the single most dangerous thing any of us could do. He's just trying to fool you.
Trust me good Fane, I'm not falling for it. :D

I was curious what he had in mind, if for nothing else, then for some entertainment value. Considering how short Bronwyn's lynch was, I think it will be only fitting if we all vote Queran as soon as the night post is up, and make his lynch even shorter! Now that would be justice.
Management
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Izett Cruelsinger wrote:0:33-0:37 - all you need to know!

Brilliant. :haha:
Management
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Just set my phone to remind me of the night poll's closing my time tomorrow. Good plan! Image

(I just wonder how many of us will actually still be alive. Not many... I assume. :( )
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Izett Cruelsinger wrote:Just set my phone to remind me of the night poll's closing my time tomorrow. Good plan! Image

(I just wonder how many of us will actually still be alive. Not many... I assume. :( )
The night poll closes at the most ungodly hour for me. But I'll set the alarm too. Oh the thrill, what's one night's sleep compared to that!
Management
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 57
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

sorry shand - I know - something more my hours would suit you better. At least know one of your hostesses feels your pain ;)
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 184

Post by Ned Flanders »

I don't know whether to vote the pixie or the sprite. Two known baddies voted for the sprite and that makes me uneasy. I'll have to think some more.
Assault
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 98

Post by Gunther »

Shand Azureye wrote:
Fane Winebattle wrote:Shand, what are you doing? Even if he's telling the truth (which he assuredly isn't. There's no *secrets* next to Rumpy's role) what do we have to gain by dealing with him? Leaving him alive is the single most dangerous thing any of us could do. He's just trying to fool you.
Trust me good Fane, I'm not falling for it. :D

I was curious what he had in mind, if for nothing else, then for some entertainment value. Considering how short Bronwyn's lynch was, I think it will be only fitting if we all vote Queran as soon as the night post is up, and make his lynch even shorter! Now that would be justice.
Personally I don't think he is likely to be Rumple; I really doubt they would put their biggest asset right out in front like that. I am thinking something blendier. I do agree though, as soon as we have a post, those of us who are alive need to vote him ASAP. Even before it was revealed that Gob was lie detector, I thought he was a level, kind, rational influence on the thread; even when calling someone an evil scum, he did so politely, and I wish to avenge him. Even if not Rumple, Queran needs to go. Then it looks like people are determined that Carmen goes, and I can get behind that, I waffle on her regularly. Then we need to figure whos been buddying up to Queran :p or pretending to distance from him.

Cold and rain have cancelled my barbeque plans, so I have time to read a few people. When I looked at the who posted list, I saw a couple of people still alive with more posts than me, and I don't recall a single thing they said. How blendy is THAT? Especially when I just read the whole thread in like 3 sittings this week past. I could remember a suspicion or a position or a belief or something that almost everyone alive has said, except for 4 people. I am planning to reread them today.

Also @ Carmen, I don't think you answered my question; what did you think of the late Rhinfrew defending you? I know when I am a civvie and someone chimes in with a defense of me, that can make me nervous, and I don't recall that you reacted to his defense at all, although I guess I could have missed it. Do you think he was a civ?
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

...Damn I spent all night working on the deal and now nobody wants to hear it? And on top of that you're just going to vote for me the minute the poll goes up?! Who in their right mind votes for someone the minute the poll goes up? What's that? I just did that? Oh. Carry on then
Supervisor
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Hipster Kracken

Voted 1 Minute after the poll went up before it was cool.
Supervisor
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 6

Post by S~V~S »

Queran Gloomsoul wrote:Hipster Kracken
I have been looking for a summery avatar, this may well be it, it isn't exactly my fave elder God, but it is close :SVS:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:
I have been looking for a summery avatar, this may well be it, it isn't exactly my fave elder God, but it is close :SVS:

;)
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Since Bronwyn was the affiliation checker, and she never backed off her suspicion of Carmen, I'm going to say its a fairly safe bet that Carmen is not a townie. After the post goes up, if it becomes clear that the day won't be ended right away, it may be a good idea for 1 or 2 people to place a vote on Carmen in addition to a mojority on Queran.

I would not be shocked at all to see a lynch switch in play, and since Queran will throw a vote on someone who is an obvious townie again, and its anybody's guess who Carmen will vote, then I think we need to be on guard for all kinds of trickery.

I'm going to vote for the pixie.
Assault
Sockys2023
The Mark
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Sockys2023 »

Wow it has been an enlightening few days. I am fine with the plan to vote with no discussion during the day since it seems we have an outed Baddie on our hands.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Alright alright alright! Ladies and Gentleman, Pixies, Sprites, and Magical Creatures of all Shapes and Sizes, step right up step right up to the MAGICAL, the MAGNIFICENT, the MARVELOUS Queran Gloomsoul's Booth of Wonders!

I think you'll all agree these lynches are not going in your favor. One could even go so far as to say you're being "steamrolled"! Well boys and girls, I have news for you! For ONE DAY ONLY I am offering the deal of a lifetime :feb:

Your votes are what we in the business call "straw votes", fortunately for you I know a way to spin those straw votes into Gold! All you have to do to accept the legally binding contract deal is vote for me come sun up, thereby giving me your "straw" votes so that I can spin them into "gold" votes.

Supervisor
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:Since Bronwyn was the affiliation checker, and she never backed off her suspicion of Carmen, I'm going to say its a fairly safe bet that Carmen is not a townie. After the post goes up, if it becomes clear that the day won't be ended right away, it may be a good idea for 1 or 2 people to place a vote on Carmen in addition to a mojority on Queran.

I would not be shocked at all to see a lynch switch in play, and since Queran will throw a vote on someone who is an obvious townie again, and its anybody's guess who Carmen will vote, then I think we need to be on guard for all kinds of trickery.

I'm going to vote for the pixie.
Well, they ended day early yesterday, it was not a switch. I doubt they can do that again. But better safe than sorry, right? They are very likely to have something up their sleeve. So dropping a few on Carmen is a good idea.

Who knows what else they can do? There has been more than one contest after all. Has anyone seen a prize list? I remember in reading back someone saying earlier that they had seen a prize list, it might not hurt to discuss what prizes may be out there. Baddies often have an advantage in contests as they can work on answers together, and with several people on a team, one of them is more likely to be around to submit answers fast.

Linki, Good Try, Queral, LOL. Trying to convince us that voting for you will somehow benefit you, eh? I have seen that trick, hell, I have done it. Good Times :fiesta:
Roxy
Hitman
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

;)
:haha:
;)
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Anchorete, I've come to expect anything :shrug: I've seen roles that can end day early once in the game, and switch a lynch as well. So yeah, it might be a good idea to have a quick couple of votes- mostly for Queran, but maybe an quick vote on Carmen too. I'm not so good on vote planning, so I'll take suggestions-
Assault
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 55

Post by Jack Shephard »

The question asks the most fantastical creature. I don't care, as a Lord of the Rings fan I am voting elf.
Julinook
Hydra Account
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Post by Julinook »

Anchorete Playfulure wrote:
Also @ Carmen, I don't think you answered my question; what did you think of the late Rhinfrew defending you? I know when I am a civvie and someone chimes in with a defense of me, that can make me nervous, and I don't recall that you reacted to his defense at all, although I guess I could have missed it. Do you think he was a civ?
I'm sorry I didn't answer before, I must have overlooked your question in the thread. My opinion of Rhinfrew defending me....I don't think he was defending *me* at all. All he said (in my own words) was that the case against me was poor.

Rhinfrew's comments didn't make me nervous. I am unsure as to why someone would be nervous if they are being defended like you say.

I didn't have to react to Rhinfrew's comments because I had already told everyone that the case against me was poor. Various players pointed out several possibilities as to why I was being saved from lynches and some of them did not have explanations that included me being a baddie. Why is that? B/c even though I was saved from lynches, I am civ. And, I believe Rhinfrew was civ too. :srsnod:
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 58
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Quokka »

I'm voting for Elf
To be recycled
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Quokka »

Forgot to say, RIP Ameerah, Bronwyn and Rhinfrew
To be recycled
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Quokka »

Dallon Redwarlock wrote:The question asks the most fantastical creature. I don't care, as a Lord of the Rings fan I am voting elf.
That's exactly the same reason why I voted for the elf :)
To be recycled
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 34

Post by NurseWilgy »

I am voting elf this time around. Also RIP to everyone who died. This is starting to look pretty bad for us. :( And I'm also fine with another silent day and voting for Queran. Especially since it now appears that he is Rumpy.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Thanks Carmen :)

You think Rhinfrew was civ? Even though he, like Queran, was trying to argue against silent days, when it was apparent that that was the only way to circumvent Rumple? I don't recall anyone else arguing against it. Although Dallon did go back and forth with Queran a bit in a few conversations that caught my eye during the last night cycle, before Queran came out of the baddie closet, as it were. What about him makes you think he was civ?

And when I am a lone civ, and someone starts defending me, when no one really has a way of knowing who I am (especially in this game where we have lynched the lie detector and the affiliation checker, so he could not be defending for those reasons; indeed, one of those roles was gunning for you) it makes me nervous because I want to know why they are doing so. Rhinfrew defending you (and I disagree with you; I think he defended YOU) makes ME nervous, since I have tried to find various reasons for him to do so, and am not seeing any possible civ reasons. I did not see him speaking out against all of the other crappy cases presented in this game, only the case against you. Which is quite a bit better than the cases against Jorhan and Caillic, or even Finnian, really. I think our genie friend, while amusing, was also a very, very bad fellow. This post alone condemns him in my eyes:
Rhinfrew Flowingrass wrote:All right. I've made up my mind. Gobnait has worded some things in ways that twist their meaning, and that offends me. For example:
Gobnait Gingeruite wrote: First off, I'll reiterate about Queran's voting record. 4 votes for confirmed civs, and the vote for me which makes 5. Only Carmen has voted 5 confirmed civs, and only Queran, Bac, and Bronwyn have voted 4 confirmeds.
Five confirmed civilians? Carmen voted for three confirmed civilians. Wording like that bothers me. You should be ashamed and should have put an asterisk after that claim with the fine print at the bottom of your post.

I am voting for Gobnait. I still have my doubts about Queran.
One of three votes for the lynch switched civ, with a distancing disclaimer for when Queran comes up bad. Nice set up post.

And my reasons for thinking you are bad have little to do with being saved from lynches, although that was the frosting on the cake.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Anchorete Playfulure wrote:Thanks Carmen :)

You think Rhinfrew was civ? Even though he, like Queran, was trying to argue against silent days, when it was apparent that that was the only way to circumvent Rumple? I don't recall anyone else arguing against it. Although Dallon did go back and forth with Queran a bit in a few conversations that caught my eye during the last night cycle, before Queran came out of the baddie closet, as it were. What about him makes you think he was civ?

And when I am a lone civ, and someone starts defending me, when no one really has a way of knowing who I am (especially in this game where we have lynched the lie detector and the affiliation checker, so he could not be defending for those reasons; indeed, one of those roles was gunning for you) it makes me nervous because I want to know why they are doing so. Rhinfrew defending you (and I disagree with you; I think he defended YOU) makes ME nervous, since I have tried to find various reasons for him to do so, and am not seeing any possible civ reasons. I did not see him speaking out against all of the other crappy cases presented in this game, only the case against you. Which is quite a bit better than the cases against Jorhan and Caillic, or even Finnian, really. I think our genie friend, while amusing, was also a very, very bad fellow. This post alone condemns him in my eyes:
Rhinfrew Flowingrass wrote:All right. I've made up my mind. Gobnait has worded some things in ways that twist their meaning, and that offends me. For example:
Gobnait Gingeruite wrote: First off, I'll reiterate about Queran's voting record. 4 votes for confirmed civs, and the vote for me which makes 5. Only Carmen has voted 5 confirmed civs, and only Queran, Bac, and Bronwyn have voted 4 confirmeds.
Five confirmed civilians? Carmen voted for three confirmed civilians. Wording like that bothers me. You should be ashamed and should have put an asterisk after that claim with the fine print at the bottom of your post.

I am voting for Gobnait. I still have my doubts about Queran.
One of three votes for the lynch switched civ, with a distancing disclaimer for when Queran comes up bad. Nice set up post.

And my reasons for thinking you are bad have little to do with being saved from lynches, although that was the frosting on the cake.

I agree with all that. I am actually interested in looking at all the Gob voters. The more both of them talked, it was more and more obvious that Gob was the civ and Queran was the baddie. So checking out the Gob voters might be a good place to look as well.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Gob voters:

Queran Gloomsoul (7), Rhinfrew Flowingrass (16), Laine Crystalsteam (19)
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

EBWOP:

It strikes me as weird that at the end of this night poll, these 3 people came in and voted for Elf one after the other - thereby tying all 3 night poll options at 4 votes each:

Dallon Redwarlock (15), Laine Crystalsteam (16), Lyel Lambboat (17)
Roxy
Hitman
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Re: Grimm's Polls

Post by Roxy »

What's more fantastical?

Poll ended at Sat May 25, 2013 5:05 pm

Elf
Izett Cruelsinger (9), Dallon Redwarlock (15), Laine Crystalsteam (16), Lyel Lambboat (17) 24%
Pixie
Anchorete Playfulure (8), Shand Azureye (11), Eurolyvn Blissfulone (13), Miyuki Lovelymoth (14) 24%
Sprite
Queran Gloomsoul (4), Fane Winebattle (5), Grutfud Orangesprite (6), Carmen Brightsun (10) 24%
Wood Nymph/ Hosts/ Ser Sockaholic/ deaded/ Nons
bea (1), MovingPictures07 (2), Roxy (3), Rhinfrew Flowingrass (7), Ameerah Frolicstag (12) 29%
Total votes : 17
;)
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

A poor man has twelve children, and works just hard enough to feed each of them every day. When his thirteenth child is born, the man decides to find a godfather for this child. He runs out into the highway, and finds God walking on the highway. God asks to be the godfather, promising the child health and happiness. The man, after finding out that the man is God, declines, saying that God condones poverty. Then the man meets the Devil on the highway. The Devil asks to be the godfather, offering the child gold and the world's joys. The man, after finding out that the man is the Devil, declines, saying that the Devil deceives mankind.

The man, still walking down the highway, meets Death. The man decides to make Death the child's godfather, saying that Death takes away the rich and the poor, without discrimination. The next Sunday, Death becomes the child's godfather.

When the boy comes of age, Death appears to him and leads him into the woods, where special herbs grow. There, the boy is promised that Death will make him a famous physician. It is explained that, whenever the boy visits an ill person, Death will appear next to the sick person. If Death stands at the persons head, that person is to be given the special herb found in the forest, and cured. But, if Death appears at the persons feet, any treatment on them would be useless, as they would soon die.

The boy soon becomes famous, just as Death has foreseen, and receives plenty of gold for his amazing ability to see whether a person would live or die. Soon, the king of all the lands becomes ill, and sends for the famous physician.

When the physician goes to see the king, he notices immediately that Death is standing at the foot of the bed. The physician feels pity for the king, and decides to trick Death. The physician then turns the king in his bed so that Death stands over the head. He then gives the king the herb to eat. This heals the king and speeds his recovery.

Soon after, Death approaches the physician, expressing his anger for tricking him and disobeying Death's rules. But because the physician is Death's godchild, he does not punish him. Death then warns the physician that if he was to ever trick Death again, he will take the physician's life.

Not much later, the king's daughter becomes ill and the physician goes to see her as well. The king promises his daughter's hand in marriage and the inheritance of the crown if the physician cures her. When the physician visits the princess, he sees Death at her feet. Ignoring this, he is captivated by the princess's beauty and thoughts of being her husband. The physician then turns the princess so that Death is at her head. He then feeds her the herb.

Just as the princess is coming around, Death grasps the physician by the arm and drags him to an underground cavern. In this cave are thousands upon thousands of candles, each burned down to different lengths. Death explains that the length of each candle shows how much longer a person has to live. When Death shows the physician his candle, the latter notices that it is very short, showing that the physician doesn't have much longer to live.

The physician pleads with his godfather to light a new candle for him, so that he may live a happy life as king and husband to the beautiful princess. Death reconsiders, and gathers a new candle to relight the flame of his godchild.

Just as he is about to light the new candle, Death takes his revenge on the physician by letting the flame of the first candle fall. As soon as the candle is extinguished, the physician falls dead to the ground.

Dallon Redwarlock was killed by ???

It is now Day. You have 48 hours to lynch someone.

Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Are you watching closely?
Supervisor
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 8

Post by Young Lady »

..s'MP ym daer ot nrael dluohs I nollaD GWYIPIR
Supervisor
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Image Queran
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

pihsnamstrops doog eht etaicerppa tsael ta nac I
Supervisor
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

elyL etoV osla
Supervisor
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Queran Gloomsoul wrote:pihsnamstrops doog eht etaicerppa tsael ta nac I
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

It would have been so nice if one night had gone the way I was expecting it to go.

.og ot ti gnitcepxe saw I yaw eht enog dah thgin eno fi ecin os neeb evah dlouw tI
Supervisor
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Anchorete Playfulure wrote:

Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

.rotareneg sdrawkcab a gnisu ton rof teg I tahw stahT
Supervisor
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

All PM's have been sent. If you were expecting one and did not receive one, please let me know! :)
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

naem os lla uoy era yhW
Supervisor