Matt
No votes
MovingPictures07
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Typhoony
No votes
Billy Dee Williams (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
42%

Total votes: 19
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 261

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 2]

Post by sig »

You mentioned Wilgy again MP. :suspish:
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 701

Post by Enrique »

I'm with Mac in that Wilgy could've simply assumed Scotty was Robin, but I don't suspect Scotty either way so it's moot.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 454
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

sig wrote:You mentioned Wilgy again MP. :suspish:
Dom asked the thread about it. :suspish:
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 513

Post by Dom »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Dom, the theory is that:

1) DrWilgy is Robin.
2) Because DrWilgy was in danger of being lynched, he stopped the lynch.
3) However, despite he and Scotty being publicly tied, somehow Scotty was the one that was supposed to die.
4) Because of that, Robin "saves" Scotty by stopping the lynch. If you look at Robin's role, you'll see he can stop the lynch once for himself and one other time for someone else. When stopping for someone else, he "saves" that person and learns their role.
5) DrWilgy then comes into the thread, after the lynch is over, and strongly implores us not to lynch Scotty, implying that, if he was Robin, he must have saved Scotty and got a civilian check from him.
6) Therefore, Scotty is a civilian, as long as DrWilgy was Robin.
Hmm...

My confusion comes in in step 3. Why do we think that's true?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 336
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

sig wrote:
juliets wrote:
Enrique wrote: I'm assuming this is what happened
Anyone who targets The Joker will be made insane by the toxic flower on his lapel. He needs Batman, Gordon, Falcone, and Maroni dead. *Secrets*
You know what's great about that? Not only do crazy people know who the Joker is, but it narrows down their possible roles by a lot.

So it's not a good look for Matt either way, but I was hoping he could give us a better lynch option for today.
Enrique, i lost you here. Why would someone who is insanified know who the Joker is and why does it narrow down their possible roles?[/quote

@Juliets.

"The Joker
Anyone who targets The Joker will be made insane by the toxic flower on his lapel. He needs Batman, Gordon, Falcone, and Maroni dead. *Secrets*"
Oh dang, I read the role wrong. Thanks sig.

MP, I have a lot of people in no man's land right now. I do read zebra as civ as well as DH and Mac and Dom. It must be said though that Mac and DH fooled the crap out of me in GOC so my civ reads are necessarily wobbly on them. I have a warning sign for Bass but then he hasn't been around lately for me to get a better feel for and it was a weak warning sign.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
sig wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Re: sig, I get a nervous feeling from some of sig's posts, and I felt like he was dwelling a lot on the "why did Wilgy die?", seemed like unnecessary WIFOM to me. I also think Turnip Head's observation regarding why sig didn't mention the suspicion was an astute point.
I mentioned it yes, but so did you? In fact one could say your role hunting for robin if he is still alive.

@Matt do you think you where cursed by someone or you did something like target someone and that got you cursed?

linki: Stop posting when I'm trying to submit.
Yeah, but IIRC you kept pressing the topic. I'll go back and look when I get the chance to see if I'm misremembering how much you talked about it. And I'm not sure how one could say that; elaborate for me.
Hey sig, why don't you explain this for me? How am I hunting for Robin?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom wrote:

1) DrWilgy is Robin.
3) However, despite he and Scotty being publicly tied, somehow Scotty was the one that was supposed to die.
4) Because of that, Robin "saves" Scotty by stopping the lynch. If you look at Robin's role, you'll see he can stop the lynch once for himself and one other time for someone else. When stopping for someone else, he "saves" that person and learns their role.
5) DrWilgy then comes into the thread, after the lynch is over, and strongly implores us not to lynch Scotty, implying that, if he was Robin, he must have saved Scotty and got a civilian check from him.
Hmm...

Well, it's inferred based on Wilgy's behavior in Step 5. Without that, then I wouldn't say I necessarily think 3) is true.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
sig wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Re: sig, I get a nervous feeling from some of sig's posts, and I felt like he was dwelling a lot on the "why did Wilgy die?", seemed like unnecessary WIFOM to me. I also think Turnip Head's observation regarding why sig didn't mention the suspicion was an astute point.
I mentioned it yes, but so did you? In fact one could say your role hunting for robin if he is still alive.

@Matt do you think you where cursed by someone or you did something like target someone and that got you cursed?

Yeah, but IIRC you kept pressing the topic. I'll go back and look when I get the chance to see if I'm misremembering how much you talked about it. And I'm not sure how one could say that; elaborate for me.
By potentially outing him to the thread for no practical purpose?
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 592
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

sig please address my recent post addressed to you. You mischaracterized my play, I deserve to know that you have at least acknowledged my response.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Enrique wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
sig wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

By potentially outing him to the thread for no practical purpose?
But if Wilgy was Robin, he's dead. It doesn't matter. I'm speculating that Scotty could be a civilian, which is of practical purpose, given he almost fucking died yesterday, and clearly had lynch momentum to go forward. I could have just saved us a mislynch.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 531

Post by Matt »

Knock knock.

Enrique - Who's there?

Matt - Enrique

Enrique - Enrique who?

Matt - Enrique, he who goes for the easy lynch target, and just in case that doesn't work, target paints the hell out of them. :suspish: :suspish:

Linki

Knock knock.

Who's there?

LOL

LOL who

LOL @ Enrique accusing MP of what Enrique quite literally just did to me.
Image Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Scotty do you feel as if MP is doing you a favor?
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Matt wrote:Knock knock.

Enrique - Who's there?

Matt - Enrique

Enrique - Enrique who?

Matt - Enrique, he who goes for the easy lynch target, and just in case that doesn't work, target paints the hell out of them. :suspish: :suspish:

Linki

Knock knock.

Who's there?

LOL

LOL who

LOL @ Enrique accusing MP of what Enrique quite literally just did to me.
Except you're not a civvie so I don't care?
ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I mentioned Wilgy's death three times. You've mentioned him and your robin theory naming him directly seven times.

Yes Enriques got it MP, you keep mentioning him about lynch saving it seems like you are fishing.

@TH okay let me find it.
ImageImage
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Nerolunar »

Renee(possibly Matt) targeted the Joker, becoming insane. I don´t know if the ability still works on the Joker or not, but if it doesn´t and nobody is silenced then Matt has to be Renee. It all depends on whether or not the Joker is still hit by the ability, but his role description doesn´t explain it.

This could go for any other role where the effect is easy to spot, though I don´t recall any other role where that is the case.

Im going to ask:

@Hosts: Is the Joker still hit by the ability that targeted him, even if he made the source insane?

Christ this linki.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

sig wrote:I mentioned Wilgy's death three times. You've mentioned him and your robin theory naming him directly seven times.

Yes Enriques got it MP, you keep mentioning him about lynch saving it seems like you are fishing.

@TH okay let me find it.
Fishing for what? What the hell are you talking about?
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Nerolunar wrote:Renee(possibly Matt) targeted the Joker, becoming insane. I don´t know if the ability still works on the Joker or not, but if it doesn´t and nobody is silenced then Matt has to be Renee. It all depends on whether or not the Joker is still hit by the ability, but his role description doesn´t explain it.

This could go for any other role where the effect is easy to spot, though I don´t recall any other role where that is the case.

Im going to ask:

@Hosts: Is the Joker still hit by the ability that targeted him, even if he made the source insane?

Christ this linki.
Not true? There are three different role blocking instances every night, and nothing to indicate the Joker is immune to everything.
ImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Knock knock.

Who's there?

Everyone.

Everyone who?

Everyone, including Enrique and Nero, stop target painting the fuck out of me, please.
Image Image Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 513

Post by Dom »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dom wrote:

1) DrWilgy is Robin.
Hmm...

Well, it's inferred based on Wilgy's behavior in Step 5. Without that, then I wouldn't say I necessarily think 3) is true.
Hm... I'll have to think about it. That IS the only lynch save we know of.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Someone explain to me how speculating on Wilgy being Robin is a bad thing, because if no one had said anything, and we lynched Scotty today and he flipped civilian, then what are we doing? We're handing the game away, that's what we're doing.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Matt absolutely no one is gonna kill you for having the option of being one civ vs a trillion baddies.
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Someone explain to me how speculating on Wilgy being Robin is a bad thing, because if no one had said anything, and we lynched Scotty today and he flipped civilian, then what are we doing? We're handing the game away, that's what we're doing.
I don't see anyone going after Scotty like... at all.
ImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Enrique wrote:Matt absolutely no one is gonna kill you for having the option of being one civ vs a trillion baddies.
Knock knock.

Who's there?

He bad.

He bad who?

Enrique obvi. Target painting mofo. :suspish:
Image Image Image Image
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Turnip Head wrote:
sig wrote:I'm not sure about TH first he tried to get me lynched and that didn't pan out, so he switched to Scotty on flimsy reasons.
We cleared up our misunderstanding sig and I dropped it, do you think that was a disingenuous move on my part (by characterizing it as "didn't pan out")? And I never switched to Scotty :suspish: If you're talking about Wilgy, you can call my reasons flimsy if you want to. I don't see anyone else coming out with bulletproof cases on Day 1.
Oh I thought you focused on Wilgy then voted for Scotty? Sorry about that. No I don't think it was disingenuous, I used poor wording there. What do you think of MP bringing up your case on me?

linki: Fishing for Robin's identity. If Wilgy isn't Robin, then someone else is and you are thinking they stopped the lynch so either it is Scotty or a third unknown who stopped the lynch. You seem to be talking about it an awful lot and fishing for information about Robin. If Robin is a third person and neither Scotty or Wilgy then he might be inclined to hint such in the thread even if they didn't do anything. It seems to be like your focusing just a little bit to much on Robin. While at the same time accusing me of focusing on Wilgy's death to much even though you are doing the same and attempting to figure out a pro civ roles.

linki: I don't think Scotty is on the table as a major lynch candidate at all today?
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

How is he target painting?
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

This thread is nuts today.
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

Im still just brainstorming. I can´t claim this to be true at all, but exercising ideas can´t possibly hurt.

Im not trying to stir up trouble or anything, I don´t want you guys to interpret it that way.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Enrique wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Someone explain to me how speculating on Wilgy being Robin is a bad thing, because if no one had said anything, and we lynched Scotty today and he flipped civilian, then what are we doing? We're handing the game away, that's what we're doing.
And what's your point? If I'm right, then he almost died yesterday, and would have if it wasn't for Robin. Does that mean I shouldn't have said anything? I'm not running any risks. Civilians should lay everything out there; what good can we do if we keep everything to ourselves?

You of all people should agree with this, I would think.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

We don't know for sure if it was robin or not though, and laying out the information is different then the amount of focus your putting on Robin imo.
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

sig wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
sig wrote:I'm not sure about TH first he tried to get me lynched and that didn't pan out, so he switched to Scotty on flimsy reasons.
We cleared up our misunderstanding sig and I dropped it, do you think that was a disingenuous move on my part (by characterizing it as "didn't pan out")? And I never switched to Scotty :suspish: If you're talking about Wilgy, you can call my reasons flimsy if you want to. I don't see anyone else coming out with bulletproof cases on Day 1.
Oh I thought you focused on Wilgy then voted for Scotty? Sorry about that. No I don't think it was disingenuous, I used poor wording there. What do you think of MP bringing up your case on me?

linki: Fishing for Robin's identity. If Wilgy isn't Robin, then someone else is and you are thinking they stopped the lynch so either it is Scotty or a third unknown who stopped the lynch. You seem to be talking about it an awful lot and fishing for information about Robin. If Robin is a third person and neither Scotty or Wilgy then he might be inclined to hint such in the thread even if they didn't do anything. It seems to be like your focusing just a little bit to much on Robin. While at the same time accusing me of focusing on Wilgy's death to much even though you are doing the same and attempting to figure out a pro civ roles.

linki: I don't think Scotty is on the table as a major lynch candidate at all today?
How can you misuse the word "disingenuous"? That's a bad look.

I'm not speculating on anyone else other than Wilgy, and I'm not fishing for any information other than my theory. You're the one fishing. Right now. :suspish:

You're looking pretty bad to me now, sig.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Enrique wrote:
And what's your point? If I'm right, then he almost died yesterday, and would have if it wasn't for Robin. Does that mean I shouldn't have said anything? I'm not running any risks. Civilians should lay everything out there; what good can we do if we keep everything to ourselves?

I think the rest of us are just as capable of making connections, not to mention, Scotty only got 4 votes yesterday. That's a far cry from a majority :shrug2:

Nero, if Matt flips Mafia I'm gonna remember you.
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

sig wrote:We don't know for sure if it was robin or not though, and laying out the information is different then the amount of focus your putting on Robin imo.
You think I'm bad for this? Then vote for me. You haven't accused me once; you just keep saying over and over that I'm dwelling too much on it. Yeah, I'm dwelling on it, because I believe it's true, and I think we have strong reason to believe that it's true. And I think you're being manipulative right now.

I'm voting you.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I think sig was saved yesterday. Let's lynch him.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

sig wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
I think it's clear that he didn't read any of the follow-up to that case but I can't judge him for that, I'm the one who told him not to waste his time reading the whole thread.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

MP do we even need this conversation at all when no one cares for Scotty anymore? I think sig has a point.
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
sig wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

I'm not speculating on anyone else other than Wilgy, and I'm not fishing for any information other than my theory. You're the one fishing. Right now. :suspish:

Read the posts you're replying to, MP. "Disingenuous" was MY word.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Enrique wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Enrique wrote:

I think the rest of us are just as capable of making connections, not to mention, Scotty only got 4 votes yesterday. That's a far cry from a majority :shrug2:

Nero, if Matt flips Mafia I'm gonna remember you.
That's ridiculous logic, Enrique. If "the rest of us" are capable at making connections, then why should civilians share their thoughts on any connections, even suspicious? The rest of us can figure it out, right? Give me a break.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Wait your voting for me since I was saved? This is rich for what reasons? Since I mentioned Wilgy less then you or since I said you are fishing for information? Why are you freaking out so much that your threatening to vote for me and saying I should vote for you simply since I voiced some suspicion of you?

You are sounding unhinged. Also please explain how I was "saved" when nobody minus two players suspected me? You tried to run TH case against me that didn't work so know your making up other reasons.
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip Head wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
sig wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

Read the posts you're replying to, MP. "Disingenuous" was MY word.
I stand corrected, thanks.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

... my point is that Scotty wasn't/isn't in any danger. Don't take this as an attack, I'm disagreeing with you and telling you why the case against you right now is valid.
ImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

sig wrote:How is he target painting?
Knock knock.

Who's there?

Enrique

Enrique who?

The easy lynch target guy who is accusing me, and if that doesn't pan out, has target painted me by pointing out who else I could be and either way, he obvi wants me gone regardless. :suspish: :suspish:
Image Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

sig wrote:Wait your voting for me since I was saved? This is rich for what reasons? Since I mentioned Wilgy less then you or since I said you are fishing for information? Why are you freaking out so much that your threatening to vote for me and saying I should vote for you simply since I voiced some suspicion of you?

You are sounding unhinged. Also please explain how I was "saved" when nobody minus two players suspected me? You tried to run TH case against me that didn't work so know your making up other reasons.
You received attention and votes d1, but both Wilgy and Scotty received more votes than you. It's possible that you were saved.

If you think I'm bad, vote for me. I'm not making up reasons; now you're the one making stuff up and I feel better about my vote.

And as to casting my vote now, I'm going to be busy the rest of today and have a pretty full day tomorrow, so I'm not even sure when I'd have been back to vote. I feel good enough about voting for you.
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

sig wrote:We don't know for sure if it was robin or not though, and laying out the information is different then the amount of focus your putting on Robin imo.
How exactly is talking about Robin "laying our information"? Most people advocate that Wilgy was Robin and he is dead. What happened last night is still a mystery and it´s not going to solve itself. Every lynch and NK should be used to gather information and to eventually arrive at conclusions. Being stale and avoiding burning subjects is far worse.

Linki @Enrique I understand your concern.

Lots of linki.
ImageImage

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Enrique wrote:... my point is that Scotty wasn't/isn't in any danger. Don't take this as an attack, I'm disagreeing with you and telling you why the case against you right now is valid.
But you don't even know that. No one can predict who is going to be "in danger" at any given time. That's ridiculous.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Matt wrote:
Knock knock.

Who's there?

Enrique

Enrique who?

The easy lynch target guy who is accusing me, and if that doesn't pan out, has target painted me by pointing out who else I could be and either way, he obvi wants me gone regardless. :suspish: :suspish:
Do you think it's at all possible that we live in a world where Enrique genuinely thinks you're bad?
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I don't even necessarily agree that Scott/Wilgy had to be Robin, but after what happened, Scotty was NOT more likely to be lynched.

@MP: Scotty and Wilgy had 3 votes when Zebra and I voted sig. Then they each received one more. I tried to get some momentum against sig but the thread at large didn't care. I think he's really stubborn and goes great lengths to justify bad logic, but he's not wrong right now.
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Enrique, I have to leave in a few minutes, and I barely will be back the rest of the day. I didn't even know I'd be here this morning. When I had my thought last night, who's to say Scotty wouldn't have been lynched today? What benefit would I have had to keep that theory to myself?

And now I feel like I've said what I need to say on the matter. If anyone thinks I'm suspicious for it, so be it. But I'm fine with my vote being on sig for reasons I previously stated, as well as his behavior today regarding this Wilgy stuff. Go back and read it, he really wanted to talk about it, and now he's saying I'm talking too much about it, but he won't commit to it with a vote, or even an accusation of me. He's a fine vote for today in my opinion.

I don't really have any more time, so I'll be back at some point. Not sure when.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Turnip Head wrote:
Matt wrote:
Knock knock.

Who's there?

Enrique

Enrique who?

Do you think it's at all possible that we live in a world where Enrique genuinely thinks you're bad?
Knock knock.

Who's there?

Easy lynch!

Easy lynch who?

Easy lynch, target painting! :suspish:
ImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Turnip Head wrote:
Matt wrote:
Knock knock.

Who's there?

Enrique

Enrique who?

Knock knock.

Who's there?

Yes

Yes who?

Yes I believe it's a possibility but he was also clearly target painting me in case I'm not lynched, THEN accuses MP of doing the same thing he's doing to me, ergo Enrique bad.
Image Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

You see, TH, I'm making sure the baddies kill him by capitalizing on how easily he can get lynched. It makes perfect sense.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”