Matt
No votes
MovingPictures07
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Typhoony
No votes
Billy Dee Williams (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
42%

Total votes: 19
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 870

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 4]

Post by MacDougall »

DharmaHelper wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:The prospect of lynching MP is making me hard
Hard pressed to consider any other options, that is :noble:
Haha

Golden I am also fine with icing my suspicion of Bullzeye in light of your read tbh. I'm willing to admit that my read of him is very likely clouded by OMGUS.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 531

Post by Matt »

Bullzeye wrote:Oh look it's a new game. Hi!
That's a bad Bullzy from Lost if we're talking about this again. Doesn't seem to gel with your theory, Mac.

Linki - So you think Glor is Mafia and not Two-Face?
Image Image Image Image
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 724

Post by DharmaHelper »

Matt wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:Oh look it's a new game. Hi!
That's a bad Bullzy from Lost if we're talking about this again. Doesn't seem to gel with your theory, Mac.

Linki - So you think Glor is Mafia and not Two-Face?
Should flip for it.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1015

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 3]

Post by Golden »

Enrique wrote:
Black Rock wrote:Lazy last minute voters. I am literally the least harmful to this game. Vote Dom tomorrow. He is bad. I am not.
guys she's claiming Alfred!
Enrique :haha:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Troy Baker Joker is pretty tame to be fair

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

There's a good chance that Glorfindel is Two Face. Very well scouted btw. I know I may have said otherwise earlier but I am coming around on hitting Arkham players even though I am GCPD. I would rather lynch someone who is highly likely to not be a civ, and Glorfindel and MP both fit the profile. Neither are mislynches imo and that makes me happy to lynch them.

Although, technically you might say Two Face is actually Mafia this phase anyway.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I mean, who gets a role that is anti-town 66% of the time and thinks "You know what's a smart idea, rolehinting as much as phyisically possible."

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I'll state again I am like 90% sure I've worked out who pingu is. I'm not going to clarify but I would like the penguin hunting to stop for now because pingu appears to be scum hunting.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DharmaHelper wrote:I mean, who gets a role that is anti-town 66% of the time and thinks "You know what's a smart idea, rolehinting as much as phyisically possible."
Are you saying Matt is wrong, because I think he's right. Glorfindel looks to be doing exactly that. It's pretty telling. I would argue though that Two Face is incredibly lynchable. His role is not civ friendly.
Golden
The Coward

Re: Arkham Mafia [Night 3]

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote:
sprityo wrote:i'll take it as you actually didnt make it obvious as opposed to flopping around telling everyone that you totally did, just in hopes they wouldnt actually look or become too frustrated to look so that you get through the day, then on top of that having some sucker actually try and fail letting it fade away
I didn't make it obvious at the time, but I did intentionally make the post a crumb. But in the context of me making a big deal out of there being a crumb I thought it would be quite easy to find but then as you pointed out I happened to make all those I'm Batman posts which kind of makes it less obvious.

I think Golden will figure it out. He's a clever boy. He probably already has.
Well, I haven't isoed you yet. I'll probably try when I get time.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:I mean, who gets a role that is anti-town 66% of the time and thinks "You know what's a smart idea, rolehinting as much as phyisically possible."
Are you saying Matt is wrong, because I think he's right. Glorfindel looks to be doing exactly that. It's pretty telling. I would argue though that Two Face is incredibly lynchable. His role is not civ friendly.
I can see it being true, I'm just worried about chasing shadows :P

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 592
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm ooffff zee oopeeniun thet un MP lynch vun't be-a thet useffool boot I feer zeere's a lut peuple-a vhu vun't be-a eble-a tu mufe-a oon unteel ve-a get clusoore-a oon heem. I'd rezeer lynch Glurffeendel et thees pueent es I du theenk zeere's a guud chunce-a he's meffeea.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 454
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Lol at everyone assuming my behavior must be because I'm anti-town.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
sprityo wrote:i'll take it as you actually didnt make it obvious as opposed to flopping around telling everyone that you totally did, just in hopes they wouldnt actually look or become too frustrated to look so that you get through the day, then on top of that having some sucker actually try and fail letting it fade away
I didn't make it obvious at the time, but I did intentionally make the post a crumb. But in the context of me making a big deal out of there being a crumb I thought it would be quite easy to find but then as you pointed out I happened to make all those I'm Batman posts which kind of makes it less obvious.

I think Golden will figure it out. He's a clever boy. He probably already has.
Well, I haven't isoed you yet. I'll probably try when I get time.
Only do it if you think I am mafia dude. If you are civ reading me your time is better spent elsewhere. Finding it has already been proven rather difficult. I know that's going to come across pingy to some but when I was first pointing at my role I thought it would be easier than it turned out to be to find and if you are already civ reading me you have no reason to look for it. You seem time poor here and I'd rather you spend your time finding mafia.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Lol at everyone assuming my behavior must be because I'm anti-town.
ARE YOU TYLER DURDEN?

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Lol at everyone assuming my behavior must be because I'm anti-town.
Hmmm are you hinting at something my bretheren?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DharmaHelper wrote:
ARE YOU TYLER DURDEN?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote:Matt the btsc theory at first glance had me beside myself with incredulity but that post really might be that.

I assure you though that I am not a scum partner of bea. I have remained suspect of her but with nothing specific that has been obvious enough for me to be distracted from all the defending I have been doing in case you didn't notice.

So if I am a partner of bea now. That makes me a partner of nero and bea. So one of us was recruited meaning we weren't on the team til last night. Explain.
The recruit for Nero's team was actually the night before. I made the same mistake when I thought it might be possible for the kill block to also indicate a recruitment block, but it wouldn't have.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 336
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

MP, do you want our votes for the lynch? i.e., did you vote for yourself in order to persuade us to do the same?

linki
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote:
Hmmm are you hinting at something my bretheren?
I'm not hinting at anything; I just think it's closed minded to conclude that my behavior must be anti-town, because it's not. I've had a very clear reason for every stance (or lack thereof) or action I've taken this game.

And I really was lost and disengaged, I just have played it up quite a bit. :p
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

juliets wrote:
MP, do you want our votes for the lynch? i.e., did you vote for yourself in order to persuade us to do the same?

linki
Well, clearly I'm my number one suspect. ;)
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MP can your new nickname be El Presidente? I want to call you El Presidente.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 177
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Do we think that any of Nero's teammates would have jumped on him early without provacation?

Looking through some people that voted sig, I'm finding DFaraday fishy.
DFaraday wrote:
Scotty wrote:Question to my voters yesterday (Dom, Mac, juliets, and DFaraday):
How likely are you to vote for me again tomorrow at this point in time?
Hypothetically if you don't vote for me, who would your vote go to right now?
1. Moderately unlikely. I don't agree with your stance, and it still feels unhelpful to the town, but I was in a hurry and slightly pinged by it. If any stronger suspicions arise I'll be voting for them instead.
2. Maybe Nerolunar, since his recent posts sounded like he was trying to encourage suspicion on SVS for missing the vote.
This is the first time he mentions Nero, bringing him up as a suspect early on when he hadn't much of any heat. This is the one thing that goes in DFaraday's favor. Why mention Nero, out of all the people her could have named as a potential suspect?
DFaraday wrote:
Matt wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:Why would anyone try to engage discussion on what their role does? Almost nobody joined me, but I can´t see how that would have benefitted me at all if I was the Riddler, maybe except the possibility that you guys would have thought that I was not the Riddler.

I think it is a vague read for "Top priority lynch".
Knock knock.

Who's there?

Well

Well who?

Well, I don't even believe you to be the Riddler anymore based on Enrique's insane magical case where I am "bad because I targeted the Joker but you're not worth looking at despite saying I think we should lynch you", I believe you to be mafia, on Enrique's team.
Enrique did say it's possible Nero is the Joker. And if you were lynched and came back as a role with a night targeting ability, that would certainly lend credence to the Nero-as-Joker theory.

I do think the numbers heavily suggest that Matt is not a civ, especially since nobody seems to be silenced, meaning Montoya is an unlikely explanation.
This is where DFaraday seems like he might be defending a bit.

Nero complains that he isn't the Riddler. Matt comes in and calls out Nero to be mafia. Then DFaraday swoops in and brings up Enrique's theory that Nero might be the joker BUT BUT BUT then does a good job of waving the carrot on a stick back over to Matt during Day 2, suggesting Matt isn't town, and should be lynched to see if Nero is really the joker.
Ignoring Matt's claim that Nero is mafia instead of the Joker/Riddler.
DFaraday wrote:
MacDougall wrote: "That is a great idea. That way if someone targets him, then they will immediately know that who they targeted is the Joker and whenever they start posting in curses in the thread, everybody else will also know that they targeted The Joker... making it easy for them to lynch The Joker!"
Not that easy, since we're still debating whether that's even how the role works, and if that is what happened and Nero is the Joker, he's not as much of a prime lynch target right now as you would suggest.

As far as I can tell, these are the most plausible solutions based on what we know of roles and game mechanics:

1. Matt is a baddie/Inmate and targeted the Joker, getting cursed as a result.

2. Matt is Harvey Bullock or Batman and tracked the Joker, getting cursed as a result.

3. Matt is Harvey Bullock and tracked Nero, finding Nero to be a baddie/Inmate, but was then cursed by some other role.

As it stands, I find option number 1 the most likely statistically, but I'd be open to exploring number 3.

Matt: Why do you suspect Nero?
DFaraday keeps with this Joker theory, offering scenarios that Matt could be using to find Nero bad, but settling on the "statistics" that Matt is probably Bad.
"Matt: Why do you suspect Nero?" Is the grandstanding question he uses to size Matt up. I think this could be because DFaraday knew Nero was bad, and wanted to figure out how Matt knew. :ponder:
DFaraday wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:I am shocked that people are choosing to vote for Nerolunar - a player who none of us are very familiar with - over sig, who is clearly demonstrating his baddie meta moreso than his civ meta, and who has openly advocated what the host has said is not in our best interest, even voicing suspecion (and because of this, pressured) of those who didn't follow his lead. I don't see how anything Nerolunar has done tops this, especially since we are unfamiliar with his meta.
I do have a bit of suspicion of Nero, but it seems like a lot of people are just jumping on him because it's convenient, which is seeming shady to me. If anything, Sig's recent comments are making me feel worse about him (I had no real opinion of him before).
DFaraday uses zebra's defense of Nero as a springboard. He says he's sorta suspicious of Nero, but puts the blame on the bandwagoners and the "convenience" of his vote. Throwing them under the bus even before the result of Nero's alignment. To further distance, he comes out of nowhere with a 'sig's comments make me feel like he's bad'.
DFaraday wrote:
LoRab wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
LoRab wrote: Or are you just coming in, looking at the poll, reading someone's posts who has the most votes (and not the discussion about them), and deciding based on that?

And so you haven't seen me accuse you of making a really odd post that I really don't see how it could have come from an honest place.

Why Nero? Is that what your teammates told you to do?

That said, I'm voting Nero, as well.
What you're talking about here is literally what you just did.
No, it's not. I've mentioned my suspicions before, and have been considering a Nero vote since yesterday.

I have been reading the thread.

I don't think I've ignored anyone who has mentioned me.

So, I haven't actually done any of the things that I've described Bubbles doing.
Looking back over your posts, the only thing you said about Nero was that he might be the Joker, since Matt was hinting at that. Except Matt has denied claiming Nero as the Joker, and you haven't cited any reasons since for still suspecting Nero.

*Voting sig*, since I think he looks worse right now, but LoRab isn't making me feel too good at this point.
He gets on LoRab's case for only claiming Matt is the Joker. Which is calling the kettle black, because that's ALL DFaraday has done concerning Nero.
"Matt has denied claiming Nero as the Joker" -oh, so now he's giving credence to Matt's suggestions?
"you haven't cited any reasons since for still suspecting Nero" -defending again.

He finally settles on sig, but not before feeling suspicious of LoRab, for doing exactly what he was doing.

Nero's team wanted sig dead.

I dunno guys, I don't think DFaraday is looking good from my standpoint. :kadaj:
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote:MP can your new nickname be El Presidente? I want to call you El Presidente.
Sure, why not? :beer:
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

MacDougall wrote:
I think, if Glor was hinting, he would only do so "as a civvie".

Like DH said, why role hint so much as a bad guy? I think Glor is more "Harvey Dent" then anything else and I would personally oppose a Glorfy lynch.
Image Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dom are you still cool with an MP lynch?

I'll read that case now Scotty... Faraday is the sort of blendy dude that does need to be frisked.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Matt wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
I think, if Glor was hinting, he would only do so "as a civvie".

Like DH said, why role hint so much as a bad guy? I think Glor is more "Harvey Dent" then anything else and I would personally oppose a Glorfy lynch.
Glorfindel doesn't control the fact that Two Face is a non civ friendly role. I'd rather lynch El Presidente though.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I do apologize for being low on the baddie hunting and case building this game. I just haven't felt like it, and haven't had proper time to digest anything enough to do so. :shrug:

So I appreciate the efforts made by others to do so. Nice case there, Scotty. :beer:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Why exactly would you like to lynch me, Mac?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Agree, nice case Scotty.

Mac, Two-Face is half-civ so I don't know why you keep referring to that role as "not civ friendly".
Image Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

juliets wrote:
Typhoony wrote:Has Golden shown everyone Macs rolehint already or has it been agreed that was complete nonsense?
Golden hasn't told us yet whether he's come up with anything.
I isoed. I didn't come up with anything. Except Batman, Alfred and the Riddler, the same things everyone came up with. I was looking for some sign he Montoya'd Glorfindel, but didn't find it.

But if anyone thinks I'm the master of role hints... I'm not. Someone put MP on it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I haven't seen the role hint by Mac, but to be fair, I'm sure I haven't read all of his posts. I'd have to ISO him.

I'll ISO him after you all lynch me. :beer:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Why exactly would you like to lynch me, Mac?
I think the chance of you being GCPD or Wayne manor is low and I think that there are clues in the thread from certain people that indicate they know you're bad that I'm not gonna point at because I don't out my informants. :beer:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Matt wrote:Agree, nice case Scotty.

Mac, Two-Face is half-civ so I don't know why you keep referring to that role as "not civ friendly".
You say half civ. I say half mafia with a problem night power or as DH put it... 66% mafia. :haha:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

All up, one thing raeding lots at once has done (including a brief iso of Mac's night 2) is make me feel like SVS is trying to stir stuff up, she has gone up my suspicion tree a bit.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote:All up, one thing raeding lots at once has done (including a brief iso of Mac's night 2) is make me feel like SVS is trying to stir stuff up, she has gone up my suspicion tree a bit.
You read my night 2 ISO specifically and didn't find the crumb? Do it again, you will find it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote:
I think the chance of you being GCPD or Wayne manor is low and I think that there are clues in the thread from certain people that indicate they know you're bad that I'm not gonna point at because I don't out my informants. :beer:
I look forward to your admittance of being mistaken. :beer:

Also, I think anyone that's dropping clues about my role being bad is full of bullsuit, so I'd personally like to see to whom you're referring with that.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:

Also, I think anyone that's dropping clues about my role being bad is full of bullsuit, so I'd personally like to see to whom you're referring with that.
Happily if I am.

So you are claiming to be GCPD then?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MP I was reading your iso and saw where you endorsed MM for a lynch which I missed the first time around. Do you still think he's bad and if so why or were you just kidding.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

MacDougall wrote:

You say half civ. I say half mafia with a problem night power or as DH put it... 66% mafia. :haha:
You look at it as a problem night power because it's labeled under "arkham inmate".

If it was a clear cut civ role, I doubt you'd say "Let's lynch him cuz his night action is scary".

If anyone else rolled Two-Face in the game, I'd be all about lynching them, but Glor seems like a civvie minded fella to me.
Image Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:

Happily if I am.

So you are claiming to be GCPD then?
I'm not claiming anything, since that would be against the rules.

But my alignment will be clear after you lynch me today, so there's that. :D
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Saying "I am civ" is not against the rules. I have said it six dozen times and counting.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

juliets wrote:MP I was reading your iso and saw where you endorsed MM for a lynch which I missed the first time around. Do you still think he's bad and if so why or were you just kidding.
Oh, I think that's the post where I was kidding. I've never really seriously suspected MM this game.

I don't really have a read on him though. Do you?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 421

Post by S~V~S »

Mac, I am not lynching anyone based on bullshit "clues" you won't reveal. I think the chance of him being any specific role is the same as anyone elses.

I have not seen Bwa ha ha MP yet, I don't think he is bad.

And it looks like TH is Swedish Cheffed, maybe? I got Swedish Cheffed in Muppets, and that looks like this.

@Matt, doh, lol. I forgot Typh had said that.

@Golden, what stuff,exactly?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote:Saying "I am civ" is not against the rules. I have said it six dozen times and counting.
Well, that's true.

Not my style though. :mafia:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Pretty sure I found Mac's breadcrumb.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Matt wrote:
MacDougall wrote:

You look at it as a problem night power because it's labeled under "arkham inmate".

If it was a clear cut civ role, I doubt you'd say "Let's lynch him cuz his night action is scary".

If anyone else rolled Two-Face in the game, I'd be all about lynching them, but Glor seems like a civvie minded fella to me.
I don't think Two Face at this point of the game has any interest in anything but his own safety and at lylo he is a fucking disaster. If lylo falls on an even day what's he gonna do?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
juliets wrote:MP I was reading your iso and saw where you endorsed MM for a lynch which I missed the first time around. Do you still think he's bad and if so why or were you just kidding.
Oh, I think that's the post where I was kidding. I've never really seriously suspected MM this game.

I don't really have a read on him though. Do you?
Not at all which is why I hoped you might have noticed something.

linki

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Go ahead, DH, vote for me.

I don't have the time or energy to defend myself. It's boring anyway.

I just voted for myself. Have fun wasting a lynch. :beer:
Wait. You are cured. You voted for yourself. And now you claim lynching you is WASTING a lynch?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

S~V~S wrote:Mac, I am not lynching anyone based on bullshit "clues" you won't reveal. I think the chance of him being any specific role is the same as anyone elses.

I have not seen Bwa ha ha MP yet, I don't think he is bad.

And it looks like TH is Swedish Cheffed, maybe? I got Swedish Cheffed in Muppets, and that looks like this.

@Matt, doh, lol. I forgot Typh had said that.

@Golden, what stuff,exactly?
Fortunately we don't need your vote because there's more than enough people who'd happily lynch him. So feel free to throw your vote away.

Return to “Previous Jobs”