BOOM!!!! (host, deadies, non-players)
42%

Total votes: 12
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 61

Re: [DAY 3] Avant-Garde Mafia 2

Post by rabbit8 »

Droopy and DH are teammates, bank on it.

That's why Droppy thinks aggression = baddie. ;))
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 124

Post by triceratopzeuhl »

Well, if Droopy ends up lynched + bad today we will probably look more closely at that theory, rabbit
[EMM winner placeholder] ImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 265

Post by DharmaHelper »

rabbit8 wrote:Droopy and DH are teammates, bank on it.

That's why Droppy thinks aggression = baddie. ;))
Bank on it, and go bankrupt. :P
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 22

Post by AceofSpaces »

Ok I am caught up, and ready to post at least once today. Maybe I can get into the double digits, who knows.
Flyin' High wrote:Ugh I'm torn! My initial thoughts upon reading the recent slate of Mr. Droopy's posts is "Baddie! Baddie over here!" But with his further explanation part of me does wonder if he's simply an overexcited civvie who's completely new to the game.
I had the same reaction to BWT's post that rey did--seems like BWT is saying that Mr. Droopy's behavior was like BWT in his first couple of games when he was a civvie, but then still wants to vote him? I'm confused. :confused:

I'm having a difficult time getting a read on chaindeath because his posts are so zany--I am getting a good kick out of his style! :dance:

Have we heard from Captain Bunny Killer on her vote for rabbit, yet? I need to look back again.
I've read the case on Droopy, it makes sense to me. What catches my eye is this post from FH. I've seen this done by baddies before. The classic, "Oh I don't know, he could be a baddie, but I'm just not sure" thing. It is a way for the real baddies to cover their ass when a civie gets lynched. I'm not saying FH is a baddie, just that his made such an impression on me that I actually quoted it. I don't quote very often. If Droopy does turn out to be a civie, I will be looking at FH.

I've also seen The Truth post some things like "This is all confusing", which is another word baddies like to use so they don't have to pick a side. Just saying, those things make me pay attention.

Vomp's vote is a bit odd, especially after someone said that if baddies voted for rabbit to try and save Bea, then they wouldn't vote for him today. He could very well be Droopys teammate.
Kate wrote:Ok just looked. Seven (7) SEVEN posts in three days?

Ace, look alive man!
Eight now! I'm getting better!

Also, I will most likely be voting for Droopy.
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:Well, if Droopy ends up lynched + bad today we will probably look more closely at that theory, rabbit

I agree. Droopy.
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Nice to see you playing, Ace. Also good catch on FH, I agree that's something to look at.
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 80

Post by Flyin' High »

Haha, I actually totally see where you're coming from about the way I'm feeling wishy-washy about Mr. Droopy, Aces. But I am never 100% certain (unless I have information).

I could probably go back through many games and pull quotes of myself being "unsure" about a player's alignment while being civvie myself.

I feel like there's enough points of evidence to support Mr. Droopy being a baddie. The tiny part in my brain that is uncertain is knowing this is his first game ever and that we may be seeing a true case of a newbie civvie freakout.

But meh, I've been discussing this all day. Gonna put my vote where my mouth is and *vote Mr. Droopy*
ImageImage

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Gonna vote INH.

ImageImage
ImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 132

Post by reywaS »

Has Benthayer15 posted?

Also, where is Roxy?
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

DH's defense of Droopy is actually giving me major pause at the moment.I find it hard to believe that he would openly defend a baddie team mate, and I can't see him being a civvie and defending Droopy while going after INH at the same time.

I need more time to think this through and read back.
Some day, Some day
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

Also, I just realized that I don't think I've ever played in a game with so many baddies in it before. 18 civvies and 12 baddies for a 3:2 ratio. Even in Lost where there were 50 players (I think), there were only 7 baddies. Sorry if this has been pointed out before, but I am just now getting into my groove in this game. :D
Some day, Some day
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 170
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

AceofSpaces wrote:Ok I am caught up, and ready to post at least once today. Maybe I can get into the double digits, who knows.
Flyin' High wrote:Ugh I'm torn! My initial thoughts upon reading the recent slate of Mr. Droopy's posts is "Baddie! Baddie over here!" But with his further explanation part of me does wonder if he's simply an overexcited civvie who's completely new to the game.
I had the same reaction to BWT's post that rey did--seems like BWT is saying that Mr. Droopy's behavior was like BWT in his first couple of games when he was a civvie, but then still wants to vote him? I'm confused. :confused:

I'm having a difficult time getting a read on chaindeath because his posts are so zany--I am getting a good kick out of his style! :dance:

Have we heard from Captain Bunny Killer on her vote for rabbit, yet? I need to look back again.
I've read the case on Droopy, it makes sense to me. What catches my eye is this post from FH. I've seen this done by baddies before. The classic, "Oh I don't know, he could be a baddie, but I'm just not sure" thing. It is a way for the real baddies to cover their ass when a civie gets lynched. I'm not saying FH is a baddie, just that his made such an impression on me that I actually quoted it. I don't quote very often. If Droopy does turn out to be a civie, I will be looking at FH.

I've also seen The Truth post some things like "This is all confusing", which is another word baddies like to use so they don't have to pick a side. Just saying, those things make me pay attention.

Vomp's vote is a bit odd, especially after someone said that if baddies voted for rabbit to try and save Bea, then they wouldn't vote for him today. He could very well be Droopys teammate.

Ace, look alive man!

As to the FH issue, isn't that more of an issue in a game that has only one mafia? Even if she is bad, she still couldn't (well most likely, unless there is info at play) know that he is or isn't civ unless he was a teammate, in which case he'd be bad and no reason to say it at all. However, I doubt, at this stage of the game that she'd be fighting so hard to throw a teammate under the bus.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 114

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Honestly, from thinking, I very much think Vomps and Droopy are teamies. :p Question is which one I will choose.
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official

Post by AceofSpaces »

Flyin' High wrote:Haha, I actually totally see where you're coming from about the way I'm feeling wishy-washy about Mr. Droopy, Aces. But I am never 100% certain (unless I have information).

I could probably go back through many games and pull quotes of myself being "unsure" about a player's alignment while being civvie myself.

I feel like there's enough points of evidence to support Mr. Droopy being a baddie. The tiny part in my brain that is uncertain is knowing this is his first game ever and that we may be seeing a true case of a newbie civvie freakout.

But meh, I've been discussing this all day. Gonna put my vote where my mouth is and *vote Mr. Droopy*
It is one thing to not be 100% certain, and another to make sure everyone knows you are not 100% certain. Again, not saying your bad. I'm just going to be keeping a closer eye on you from now on.

Has DH said anything about Drooper or Vomp? I might have missed that.

Added @ Kate: I've seen it in games with both one and two mafias. Her wishy washy statement covers her in both scenarios. If Droopy is bad, she gets to say "I knew it" if he is good she gets to point back and say "See, I had my doubts."
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

AceofSpaces wrote:
Flyin' High wrote:Haha, I actually totally see where you're coming from about the way I'm feeling wishy-washy about Mr. Droopy, Aces. But I am never 100% certain (unless I have information).

It is one thing to not be 100% certain, and another to make sure everyone knows you are not 100% certain. Again, not saying your bad. I'm just going to be keeping a closer eye on you from now on.

Has DH said anything about Drooper or Vomp? I might have missed that.

Added @ Kate: I've seen it in games with both one and two mafias. Her wishy washy statement covers her in both scenarios. If Droopy is bad, she gets to say "I knew it" if he is good she gets to point back and say "See, I had my doubts."
Eh, fair enough, I guess. :shrug:
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Mr. Droopy Cash
Stool Pigeon

Post by Mr. Droopy Cash »

If I get lynched, there will be deep remorse from my fellow civvies. If I don't get lynched, I'll probably be NK'ed because I'm telling you I'm a civvie.

I agree with a lot of what you all are saying actually...these people who are so eager to vote with me or at least not against me are making me weary. I look like I'm an open teammate of theirs-I would vote for me based on the way they're talking. This is really screwing me over, whether they're doing it on purpose or not. I'm not bad! :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: Stupid horse!
You can just call me...."The Best"
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Mr. Droopy Cash wrote:If I get lynched, there will be deep remorse from my fellow civvies. If I don't get lynched, I'll probably be NK'ed because I'm telling you I'm a civvie.

I agree with a lot of what you all are saying actually...these people who are so eager to vote with me or at least not against me are making me weary. I look like I'm an open teammate of theirs-I would vote for me based on the way they're talking. This is really screwing me over, whether they're doing it on purpose or not. I'm not bad! :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: Stupid horse!
Wary.

Sorry, I can't help it.
Mr. Droopy Cash
Stool Pigeon

Kate wrote:
Mr. Droopy Cash wrote:If I get lynched, there will be deep remorse from my fellow civvies. If I don't get lynched, I'll probably be NK'ed because I'm telling you I'm a civvie.

Wary.

Sorry, I can't help it.
I meant weary...they're making me tired. :haha:
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Mr. Droopy Cash wrote:
Kate wrote:

Wary.

Sorry, I can't help it.
;)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 207

Post by S~V~S »

DharmaHelper wrote:Maybe I'm just put off by how incredibly agressive you've been all game, but I am hesitant to trust anything you say as genuine in nature. You seem to be very strong arm-ish, which I usually associate with baddies.

Dunno, as I said I'm not quite willing to buy into the impending Droopwagon, probably exclusively because you seem so determined to get people on board.
When it comes to Kate, I associate a strong and forward game with being a civ. You can call it aggression if you like, but whatever you call it, I don't see her doing it as a baddie. She is more cautious when bad, by far.

Were I get on the Droopwagon, though, it would be based on his own posts and statements, not based on whether or not someone else suports it.

The fact that you are willing to discount some very provocative statements totally based on who thinks he is bad this early in the game sounds like you could be trying for a save to me, and I know that you can be a very bold baddie.

I am probably going to vote for Vomp, though. He was second on the collective suspish-o-meter on Day One, then on Day Two, you would think he would have been an easy lynch and that Beas team would have pushed him as a viable alternative, but they didn't. That gets a tilt of the head from me, maybe even the crick of an eyebrow.

So considering that he has been garnering suspicion all game, and the fact that a fairly large baddie team tried for Rabbit rather than Vomp makes me feel less than good about him, especially after he started the Rabbit run.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

AceofSpaces wrote:Ok I am caught up, and ready to post at least once today. Maybe I can get into the double digits, who knows.

Ace, look alive man!

rabbit8 wrote:Nice to see you playing, Ace. Also good catch on FH, I agree that's something to look at.
For fun I pulled a few quotes of mine from previous games I've played where I've been a civvie and been wishy-washy (which for those who know me should know that's completely normal for me to do because I hate being responsible for helping to lynch innocents!)

I was Damon (civvie) in Vampire Diaries Mafia:
Flyin' High » Thu May 26, 2011 2:41 pm wrote:I am torn on this vote. I still kind of want to vote Wazz because he definitely pinged me....but others are right, Wazz tends to be wacky which makes him really hard to read from game to game. I'm not sure how to vote.

I'm tempted to vote for a quiet player because they aren't being helpful at all by not posting. But that may be taking the easy way out today.

I am wavering on Timmer at this point. I do not think OA is bad, so Timmer's insistence that she is still definitely concerns me. Maybe I'll give Wazz a chance today and go with Timmer.

(Just realized this post got stopped in linkitis)
And a prime example here: Me under the guise of Dan D. Lyons for Superheroes Mafia (I was Palisade, a civvie)
Dan D. Lyons » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:55 pm wrote:I am really torn over who to vote for today. I feel certain that Jess has been silenced again. Otherwise she would be posting. So why would Tempest silence her again? My gut tells me that Barb would have wanted to silence her. And that if Barb was an independent killer, she would have already killed Jess at this point.

Which is why I am hesitant to vote for Barb today.

But I am the master of talking myself in circles.

I'm not sure the choice should be only between Barb or Jess--that makes me nervous.

I wish we knew what happened to Aileen--she hasn't posted since Day 5 when she voted for Phil. :unsure:
Another great example (I was Spike, a civvie, in My Little Pony Mafia):
Flyin' High » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:15 pm wrote:I am seriously talking myself into circles. :circles: It's driving me insane. :wacko:

Based on night survivals, I can't see how any other player but SoFi could be Rainbow Dash. But based on Elize saying she switched reywaS and Dex, I can totally see how Dex is Discord and reywaS is Applebloom. And if based on my latest zany idea, reywaS is actually ???, then Dex wouldn't have been blocked since ??? did kill last night.

And I am going to have a brain aneurysm. :overreact:
These were 3 easy examples I quickly pulled up me being a wishy-washy civvie. And I could pull more, but I just want to show that this is not something associated with me being a baddie at all.
ImageImage

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

"For Fun" or Overboard defending? :P

ImageImage
ImageImage
Mr. Droopy Cash
Stool Pigeon

DharmaHelper wrote:"For Fun" or Overboard defending? :P
FH voted for me...I'm not sure why there's any defending at all. :WTF:
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Mr. Droopy Cash wrote:
You boggle the mind, sir.
Mr. Droopy Cash
Stool Pigeon

Kate wrote:
Mr. Droopy Cash wrote:
You boggle the mind, sir.
This makes me feel accomplished. I came into this world with one dream, a simple dream. A dream of killing all humans....well actually it's confusing all humans, but whatever. I wish there was a self-destruct button that I could press and then grab each and every one of you and take you all down with me! Mwuhahahahah! Just kidding, I love you guys! I don't even know most of you but I consider each and every one of you to be completely useless. :haha: :shark:
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official

Post by AceofSpaces »

Mr. Droopy Cash wrote:
I'm not sure I understand this post. Why wouldn't FH want to defend herself? I like you Drooper. I can't wait to find out your role.

I am now voting for Drooper
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 58

Post by LittleTiger »

Mr Droopy Cash, I think I like you... and I am happy that you seem to be having fun! But, I still think you are a baddie and have been caught, despite your very valiant attempt at a defense.

I am going to have to vote now as I have other games that require my attention.

*vote Mr. Droopy Cash*

Also, reywaS, you may have missed where it has been said at RM that Roxy has had a death in the family.
ImageImage
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official

Post by AceofSpaces »

AceofSpaces wrote:
Mr. Droopy Cash wrote:
I'm not sure I understand this post. Why wouldn't FH want to defend herself? I like you Droopy. I can't wait to find out your role.

I am now voting for Droopy
I miss Doober.....
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

AceofSpaces wrote:
Mr. Droopy Cash wrote:
I'm not sure I understand this post. Why wouldn't FH want to defend herself? I like you Drooper. I can't wait to find out your role.

I am now voting for Drooper
It sounds like an admission of guilt, but you never know.
Mr. Droopy Cash
Stool Pigeon

I'm upset I won't be on at 7:30 when I find out how I die. Best of luck to my fellow civvies!
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

Maybe a little bit of both; mostly for the fun though! It's Friday and I'm having fun on the internet. :bounce:
ImageImage

BoatsBoatsBoats
The Mark
Posts in topic: 66

Post by BoatsBoatsBoats »

I'm voting Droopy because at the moment, I have yet to see a better candidate.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Boomslang »

Ah screw it, nothing's changed my mind. Vooting Droop.
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

I'm voting Vompatti.
Some day, Some day
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

*voting Mr. Droopy Cash*
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I am voting Vomp, for reasons previously stated. I think he could be a Resident.
chaindeath
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 15

Post by chaindeath »

Mr. Droopy Cash wrote:
Kate wrote:

Wary.

Sorry, I can't help it.
Chaindeath thought of this as he read it, "Droopy maybe if you stopped hitting that horse you wouldn't be so tired. :haha: He shall refer you to the previous post with the eel picture for this."

Now on to chaindeath's vote he feels that Droopy has defended himself poorly. However chaindeath gives you brownie points for being an active participant in the forums. :) Forced or not, it's good to see you talking. (he wishes for no word twisting here, and would like to request earnestly that this not be thought "Oh, well, he doesn't post all that much either." Its not that he don't want to post, he just is not as quick on picking up some of the nuance of this game :))

Thus chaindeath's vote goes to Mr. Droopy Cash.
With enough bullets, you can solve anything.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

So yes, I quite think Vomps and Droopy are on a team. Which one I vote doesn't really matter at this point as Droopy is pretty much screwed. I'll just drop one on Vomps. :srsnod:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Now on to chaindeath's vote he feels that Droopy has defended himself poorly. However chaindeath gives you brownie points for being an active participant in the forums. :) Forced or not, it's good to see you talking. (he wishes for no word twisting here, and would like to request earnestly that this not be thought "Oh, well, he doesn't post all that much either." Its not that he don't want to post, he just is not as quick on picking up some of the nuance of this game :))
Chaindeath is mixing tenses here, as well as subjects. If Droopy defended HIMSELF poorly, chaindeath should give HIM (not you) brownie points.

SVS would like to give chaindeath brownie points, as speaking in the third person is not so easy as it appears to be at a glance.
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

haha
Some day, Some day
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 124

Post by triceratopzeuhl »

reywaS wrote:Has Benthayer15 posted?

Also, where is Roxy?
I heard there was a death in her family, so that would certainly explain why she isn't around.

As it turns out I got home soon enough to catch the lynch today, but already voted. I don't think anything happened since this morning to make me not suspect vomps, so that's good then. Looks like the lynch is pretty decided though
[EMM winner placeholder] ImageImage
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

triceratopzeuhl wrote:
reywaS wrote:Has Benthayer15 posted?

Also, where is Roxy?
I heard there was a death in her family, so that would certainly explain why she isn't around.
This. DD said in the game over on TP she might be playing after this weekend though.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 130

Post by Epignosis »

Vompatti gets my vote.

Personnel reasons. :srsnod:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

Epignosis wrote:Vompatti gets my vote.

Personnel reasons. :srsnod:
Hahaha. :haha:
ImageImage

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 3: 'Cause In This Lifetime... You've Got My Droopy Gets Me Blues

Yet another victim's fate had been decided by the masses, the whole ordeal smelling similarly to Leech's implosion. "Droopy! Droopy!", the mob chanted with angry eyes and violent accusations, as they advanced on poor Mr. Droopy Cash. He argued with them his absolute hardest but it didn't seem to matter. He panicked. "Rabbit8, I'm voting for rabbit8!" The players were unconvinced.

insertnamehere went straight up to Mr. Droopy Cash with a butcher knife and cut deep into his skin. Droopy let out a piercing scream and promptly bled to death. insertnamehere consequently took out Droopy's large intestine and wrapped it around Droopy's neck and began choking him. Droopy's body fell to the ground. Everyone (well, everyone who was closest in the mob circle and who could reach Droopy's mangled corpse anyway) gave it a few kicks.

Unfortunately for them, the body never shapeshifted to the evil they were all expecting. The Truth inquired, "....Is it just me or does Droopy strongly reek of rotten fish heads?"

Mr. Droopy Cash has been lynched. He was Captain Beefheart.

It is now Night 3. You have 24 hours to send in your night PMs and finish the ultimate challenge on a high note!
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

Re: [NIGHT 3] Avant-Garde Mafia 2

Well shit... :(
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Vompatti »

This certainly sheds a new light on things!
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

:sigh:
ImageImage

BoatsBoatsBoats
The Mark
Posts in topic: 66

Post by BoatsBoatsBoats »

Vompatti wrote:This certainly sheds a new light on things!
Ture :rip:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Aw man go figure. It's almost like I was all "Hold up guys I don't think voting for Droopy is a good idea" and then you know, it wasn't.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”