7%

Total votes: 15
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 347

Re: Phenon Mafia: Day 2 - Of Jugulars and Carnage

Post by Dyslexicon »

insertnamehere wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Liking playing with Dizzy. Hope they stick around. Reminds me of a realmser named ABF only if ABF gave a shit about actually playing the game.
I like playing with Dizzy too. I think I'll enjoy playing with him even more when he's town.
Your perception will lead to disappointment.

Because what you see - isn't always the truth.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 83

Post by insertnamehere »

Parquet Courts song that best describes Dizzy right now.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Spoiler: show

Image Image Image
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

insertnamehere wrote:Dizzy, you aren't even considering responding to my ISO, are you?

Maybe you think if you ignore it, I'll just go away. Or maybe I'll be lynched because of my irritating flashing avatar, or some other equally idiotic reason.

The latter may happen, but the former sure isn't going to.

I'll respond to what I remember that is easy to correct. My JJJ read has gone back and forth because of just that, it's gone back and forth a lot. So my progression on that I think can be followed in a lot of my posts, I think I've talked about it a lot. And I've kind of just landed on hoping town. I don't see what's problematic about that.

The reason I find Marmot more suspicious for claiming the map is that it happened after and imo in a weaker way than when JJJ and Golden did it. So it would be an easy way to do a perceived "pro-town thing" that other players are doing. I recall this exact argument being brought up by someone else (I think that time against Sig). I'm not sure the argument is very good, but it isn't taken from out of nowhere.

The other stuff reads like putting "scum subtitles" on my posts. And I don't feel compelled to answer that.

What SUPATOWN do you think I'm buddying? Golden, I presume? Who else?

Also, no, my initial Sig gut was not wrong. Because I said early that he felt different to me than last game I played here a year ago (where he was scum). I didn't stick to those guts, I forgot about the feeling, but JJJ brought it up in a post this day and yeah. I obviously didn't put much stock into that gut, but I think I will with LC.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 420
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Starting my mafia homework now. Don't mind me, I am miles behind the current action of the thread.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Users browsing this forum: Literally everyone.

jeez. Now would be a good time for a GTH exercise, if that's to be trusted. Hint hint.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

INH, Your confirmation bias is unamusing and makes me less compelled to answer your case. I'm focusing on reading your intentions.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

INH, In other words. Your whole post is formed as a conclusion that I'm scum. You won't be able to convince me that I'm scum, so it's not very easy or productive to answer that (haveing a "yes"/"no" argument), but I can try to clarify what I think you've mis-understood/construed (depending on your alignment).
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

insertnamehere wrote:Parquet Courts song that best describes Dizzy right now.
If I was interesting in dodging you, I could've just not posted.

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 321

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote:
speedchuck wrote:Honestly not sure what sort of information to get out of Wigly's alignment reveal. SL, did you gain anything from your secret knowledge while it was secret?

While Wigly was a good vig target, they weren't a great target for generating reads. I could see town or scum reacting to townWigly in the same way.
I forget, so remind me if this is the case: are you a member of the community sprityo has adapted this game from? If so, what can you tell us about a role like the one SL is claiming? Is it something we should accept as a town/civ roleclaim?
I am.
Only janitor role I recall seeing was a mafia role. It worked slightly differently. They used it to hide my alignment when I was lynched, never got called on it, and steamrolled the game by calling me scum. (I get mislynched a lot where I come from). That was frozen hearts mafia. They had I think two days of calling me scum before I finally flipped.
But they didn't know what my role was. Not specifically. And they didn't kill me. Town did.

Never run into this particular thing before. Could be Civ, but with a drawback so that town isn't overpowered. Could be a mafia kill with anonymity as a special ability, which they're using for town credit. Or a third party deal.

Problem with it being Civ is just that it's a waste of a role. Feels like it's working out better for SL than anyone else, so I'm wary.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Gimme a read, Speedy. Or better yet, a rainbow. You've been fence sitting a lot lately and I don't like the way that goes with your fishing.
You want Silver to claim more but you "tentatively" think he's town. You want to know about Wigly but you think he's town. You "didn't hate" INH for a lynch. You picked out me, JJJ, Golden and Straw but didn't take a stance. You asked us to evaluate each other and didn't weigh in. You supported Dizzy while holding your hands up like "but he could be scum." You have no opinion on Marmot. You had "no issues" with punching Sig, Wigly, Eloh or Sorsha but opposed switching to anyone else.
You did an okay ISO on Scotty yesterday and have expressed some confidence in Quin, LC and Silver (yesterday).
I'd also like to know what you would gain from Wigly's power, standard or wacky. His alignment is far more useful to the town, imo, and you don't have much of an opinion on that.
I'll give you reads in my next post. As for your complaints, sentence by sentence.
1. Already explained that.
2. Already explained that, in the same as the previous, but sure, make it look like 2 problems.
3. Called INH a scumread of mine earlier today.
4. Not exactly the easiest issue to ferret out, though I'm keeping an eye on it.
5. Thanks for the evals, btw. <3
6. This is something I've explained four times already, to varying levels of acceptance.
7. I had opinions on Marmot. They were bad. They've been pacified by people who know him. If it weren't for their assurance, he'd be in my top three to lynch.
8. This is presumably a lie. I have not, in this game, at any point, opposed 'switching to anyone else'. This is blatantly trying to make me look bad with something that seems like an accusation, but isn't quite.
ISO is not a complaint, so I'll move on.
9. I have already explained my opinion on that. And somehow, you don't have an opinion on wigly being town either.

If you have that much issue with my content, and that much trouble with reading my reads and responses (without a rainbow, which I will get to), it seems like you should throw a vote at me instead of shade that you hope will stick. Here, I'll toss you some back. #sass
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 104
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I find INH's ISO of Dys pretty intriguing, but mostly not for the reasons he intended. :p
Basically, under certain circumstances I could potentially consider Dys to be bad, and INH's case (though yes very confirmation bias-y) lays out some good reasons -- and if I were to think Dys was bad, I would think JJJ was probably his teammate.
But I don't really think that for now, it's just a potential situation that I would defer to if my current hypothesis is incorrect. For now, I think it is much more likely that Marmot is bad and INH is possibly his teammate. (And perhaps Speed as well for a couple reasons but I'm less confident about that.)

INH's ISO along with some other recent tidbits in the thread have firmed up some of my beliefs about the potential connections between players, and particularly that I could very much see INH as Marmot's scum buddy.

At this point I am highly in favor of a Marmot lynch, not only because he is my top suspect but because I think his flip will be very, VERY telling in regard to several other players. I am less confident in my suspicion of INH and it largely depends on whether MM is bad. I strongly believe lynching MM is by far the most productive thing we can do today.

Vote Lynch Metalmarsh89
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Golden, if by some miracle you're still here and see this, if you trust me I very strongly recommend that you join me in voting for MM.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I gave 80% of this list, but it was spread over my posts today.

Fredwood
Golden
Nutella

Sloonei
Dyslexicon
Quin - I disagree a lot with Quin's reads. They don't seem like shade, though. D2 much higher than D1

Soneji
Silver Lantern
Strawhenge
JJJ

JackofHearts
LongCon

MM (marmot)
Scotty - My whole case from earlier. Also, when he responded, he said I was tunnelling, told me to ISO marmot. 1 post later, said marmot was town. Only read he gave was on INH.

insertnamehere - posted a huge thing against Dys, and I only agreed with one point on it. The rest looked like a scum filter over earnest attempts to help the town and one blunder. wasn't a huge fan beforehand, either.

The one point I did agree with on it is that Dizzy seems to go after people that considered him neutral. I don't really consider that scummy, but...

Dizzy has said like five times that they are suspicious of me, and haven't sent a vote or an explanation my way. Calling you out, Dizzybro. Put er up.

Might be voting INH in another few posts, or I might keep scotty or marmot. The culture here says not to throw your vote around every other post, so I won't.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

nutella wrote:Golden, if by some miracle you're still here and see this, if you trust me I very strongly recommend that you join me in voting for MM.
I'll join you <3

[Lynch MM]
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Lynch: Marmot

Let's do this then.

@INH, Why did you go away when we were having such a kiki? =(
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

@Speed, You're giving me mixed feelings. :p I haven't voted you cause I've not considered you a favored lynch choise of mine.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Phenon Mafia: Day 1 - And Into the Fire

Post by Elohcin »

Quin wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Golden wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I'm going to vote before I forget. I'm trusting the people...Dyslexicon.
:omg:

I don't like change in my Mafia culture and this game is very different. So....you are right...this is me... :omg: Sorry, Sprit...I can't handle the newness on top of RL.
When you say 'trust the people', were there specific people that you trusted? Or were you going with the majority?

I don't fault you for either, just wanna see where your head is at.
Majority. Again, I'm sorry. My head just isn't in it. And I hate to do that to my fellow civs. Because I hate when people sign up for a game and don't play. But I like to see votes on the table. And I think after I found out that they wouldn't be that way, I kind-of checked out. I am so busy right now as well. I don't like to say this but I only signed up to get the game going. I only do that when I am asked over and over by a certain somebody. And y'all know I hate big games. I cannot keep up. The first day, there were like 7-8 pages in about 24 hours. I said, to help with this. I was going to try, but.... I know....I'm full of excuses.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Where's sprit I'd like a vote count but I'm lazy :p
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 270
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

nutella wrote:Golden, if by some miracle you're still here and see this, if you trust me I very strongly recommend that you join me in voting for MM.
This is for Golden specifically? *eyebrow raise*
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I've completed Assignment #1: ISO INH

I do not object to his paranoia about the map claimers on Day 1, though he stated it in much stronger terms than I would have. It is true that fake claimers run the risk of potentially diminishing the credibility of our true cartographer, and it's possible a baddie or two could seize the opportunity to misguide the town. I don't think this is an unreasonable thing to worry about. I think the concern he expresses here is believable:
insertnamehere wrote:I have no problem with people lying in order to protect the person with the actual map.

The part I have a problem with is fake-claimers taking votes away from the person with the REAL map, causing us to go places we don't want to go.
One thing that I did not like, though, was his loyalty to Metalmarsh in the whole map business, which seems like it may be spreading out into the game in general. He can correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not believe INH had any serious reason to trust the Marmot on Day 0 when he voted to give him the map, but he seems to have continued to trust him with some reliance on this premise deeper into the game (and I don't just mean with regards to the map claims. I believe there was some soft Marmot defense in INH's Dizzy ISO). I'd like to hear more about that.

Much of INH's Day 1 was spent discussing the map claims and in self-defense. For another player, this much focus on defense might be a concern, but I've been sucked into the INH suspicion-deflector vortex before and I know it's not necessarily a scum trait of his. If someone suspects him for reasons he doesn't like, they're going to hear about it and that's fine.

Day 2 he's come out very very strong against Dyslexicon. I do not agree with everything INH has to say in his massive ISO. For instance, I never fault a player for changing their mind as Dyslexicon has done numerous times regarding Jay in this game, and I think a lot of Dyslexicon's stated suspicions are much more credible than INH seems to believe. But there are a number of fair points in there that I'm eager to see a response to.

While I do not agree with all of his case against Dyslexicon, I also think it looks believable and I like the contribution INH has made with that case. I've never seen a scum INH, but this looks like his usual town self so far. I would, however, like to hear some expanded thoughts from him. We know where he stands on Dizzy. What about Metalmarsh? What about Jay? What about Golden? He was an early suspect; what has become of that now?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 200
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Golden actually left me in charge of trusting your gut, nutella. I'll place a vote for him until he gets back.

Vote Lynch Metalmarsh89
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
This is for Golden specifically? *eyebrow raise*
Because he was leaving, and I think he trusts me and would go along with it. Sadly I think it's too late. But I am very glad others are joining me. I hope I'm right :p
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote:I have no issue with any of those four lynches, though the idea of a Chinese Fire Drill scares me.

Dizzy, I'll give you full disclosure: I am 100% certain that you did not really slip, whether town or scum.
I also think that most of the townreads on you didn't come from that, but from towny play later in the day.
I have been defending the slip as being what you said it was: fake.

Now,
Your behavior right after the slip was questionable. After a bit, though, you stumbled in and got the scumhunting going.
All the while, I'm fighting back against votes that I consider misinformed and trying to avoid getting tied down as someone who is defending you as a person. I don't like defending. I do like picking apart misinformed lynches. You can defend yourself.

Since those arguments have ended, you've continued to improve questioning and giving of reads/helpful observations. I'd put you as light town, at the moment. This wasn't exactly what I was trying to argue either way earlier, though.

Does that clear things up? If not, :shrug2:
^Here's you saying you don't want to switch off that four person group, Speed.

Am I misinterpreting that? You said I was lying...
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Oh yeah, voting in the direction poll before I forget. Going with southeast, mostly arbitrarily but also it has the most votes and from people I mostly trust (while northwest has two of my top suspects). also I live in the SE quadrant of Portland so it feels kinda homey :p even though that's not the region we'd be heading towards at all, but as I said I had reasons against nw
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 555

Post by Quin »

Have I been buddied by a bad marmot?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
speedchuck wrote:I have no issue with any of those four lynches, though the idea of a Chinese Fire Drill scares me.
^Here's you saying you don't want to switch off that four person group, Speed.

Am I misinterpreting that? You said I was lying...
Ah. I take that back.
No, you weren't intentionally lying.
Yes, you were misinterpreting it. The Chinese fire drill referred to switching off of SIG and onto another of those four people: sig, Elohcin, Sorsha/replacement, and DrWilgy. With the JJJ question in context, and as close to the end of the day as we were, I thought that was pretty clear. Just because I have no issue with the four lynches, doesn't mean I wasn't happy with others (though I'd have to look at my opinions at the time to tell you which ones). The CFD applied to those four, and to JJJ's question.

So I didn't want to switch in the four person group, in context.
You can still consider that scummy, if you want, though. I, being used to week-long cycles, am normally quite upset if there's no clear lynch by 5 hours till deadline. CFD in a 48 hour day is frightening.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Assignment #2 is complete.

Remember when I said this?:
Sloonei wrote:A note: When I've caught Scotty as scum before, it's been for contradictions and inconsistencies in his behavior.
Well...
Scotty wrote:I see I missed a lot in being gone from the thread. I'm real busy y'all, Donny participation is highly dragging on all fronts going forward.

I'm caught up, and realize that this is why I prefer to vote no-shows on day 1. I'm not sure who's bad. I thought Nutella was playing the fences early on with her first few posts, but I like her recent posts. The golden thing seems like a pretty good place to continue down I guess.

Not liking Wilgy's entrance. Any time he plays the WIFOM card my eyebrow twitches. Both he and MM.

I see the slip as what it was: a slip. Going to continue to defend me voting Dys. Could be difference in culture, but I don't like the bait tactics and choose to believe it were really that easy to bait a response out of someone with an "obvious" fakeslip, it's just as easy to scumslip.
If Scotty earnestly believes that Dyslexicon slipped on Day 1, why is he also lamenting the problem that he can never tell who's bad on Day 1? If that was a slip, isn't it plain as day that Dyslexicon is bad?

In addition to this, none of the reads Scotty has shared all game long have been encouraging (I get time constraints, but I'm used to a civilian Scotty providing plenty of valuable insight whenever he can). His Day 1 Wilgy case amounted to "WIFOM", which is a hallmark of Wilgy's play and not alignment-indicative at all (admittedly, I have not read Wilgy's posts at all), and his reads today have likewise been uninspiring. "Elo is the most suspicious player here", because... she's said less than anyone else? This is not reflective of any analysis of the thread, but Scotty states it as a definitive suspicion and not him differing to a low-poster vote (she is "the most suspicious person here", not just a quiet person in his book). In that same post, I do not like the way he dismisses an apparently large case made by speedchuck (not pictured) by first praising him and then just saying "I'm not bad" and moving on to the next subject. Looks like an attempt to brush suspicion away by being a friendly fellow. I cannot tolerate a friendly Scotty.

I can vote for this version of Scotty. I don't disbelieve his claims of time constraints, but I feel like he can very easily be hiding behind that to excuse his lack of townie points otherwise.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

oh I forgot.

unvote Golden

Vote Scotty.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

@ sprityo: I notice my post history is not linked in the OP yet like everyone else's. Could you add that? I could do it myself but I'm not sure that would be approved of.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

INH brings up an interesting point in that Dizzy had put Nacho down as her only null read. That seems like a rookie error, which she apparently is not, and given Dizzy's presence in the thread, I think it's likely she'd have spoken out against a Nacho kill for that specific reason.

I agree with INH for what he said about her fluctuating read on 3J. I'm not bothered by drops and rises of one or two tiers on a rainbow list, but to describe it as a roller coaster is correct. My interpretation of 3J's standing in the respective posts looks like this

1 A slight scum, for agreeing with me about the Sorsha discussion and voting 3J
2 Says he has no real scum-reads
3 A rainbow list where 3J is listed as his 2nd top town read. Justification is that he couldn't find anything suspicious about him
4 Slight scum, a cold read.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:Assignment #2 is complete.

Sloonei wrote:A note: When I've caught Scotty as scum before, it's been for contradictions and inconsistencies in his behavior.
Well...
Scotty wrote:I see I missed a lot in being gone from the thread. I'm real busy y'all, Donny participation is highly dragging on all fronts going forward.

I'm caught up, and realize that this is why I prefer to vote no-shows on day 1. I'm not sure who's bad. I thought Nutella was playing the fences early on with her first few posts, but I like her recent posts. The golden thing seems like a pretty good place to continue down I guess.

Not liking Wilgy's entrance. Any time he plays the WIFOM card my eyebrow twitches. Both he and MM.

I see the slip as what it was: a slip. Going to continue to defend me voting Dys. Could be difference in culture, but I don't like the bait tactics and choose to believe it were really that easy to bait a response out of someone with an "obvious" fakeslip, it's just as easy to scumslip.
If Scotty earnestly believes that Dyslexicon slipped on Day 1, why is he also lamenting the problem that he can never tell who's bad on Day 1? If that was a slip, isn't it plain as day that Dyslexicon is bad?

In addition to this, none of the reads Scotty has shared all game long have been encouraging (I get time constraints, but I'm used to a civilian Scotty providing plenty of valuable insight whenever he can). His Day 1 Wilgy case amounted to "WIFOM", which is a hallmark of Wilgy's play and not alignment-indicative at all (admittedly, I have not read Wilgy's posts at all), and his reads today have likewise been uninspiring. "Elo is the most suspicious player here", because... she's said less than anyone else? This is not reflective of any analysis of the thread, but Scotty states it as a definitive suspicion and not him differing to a low-poster vote (she is "the most suspicious person here", not just a quiet person in his book). In that same post, I do not like the way he dismisses an apparently large case made by speedchuck (not pictured) by first praising him and then just saying "I'm not bad" and moving on to the next subject. Looks like an attempt to brush suspicion away by being a friendly fellow. I cannot tolerate a friendly Scotty.

I can vote for this version of Scotty. I don't disbelieve his claims of time constraints, but I feel like he can very easily be hiding behind that to excuse his lack of townie points otherwise.
I don't see a contradiction in what you've highlighted, but I also don't like that he painted Eloh as the most suspicious person with her whole two posts.
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Well...
That post was the main reason I wasn't trying to push Scotty. I'd be happy to vote Scotty, honestly happier than with Marmot.

If most of the active players would give reads of Scotty and Marmot, that'd be fantastic. Maybe throw some INH vs Dizzy in there, which most of you are already doing.
I think we have many better options for a lynch than Eloh, if anyone is still on them.

My preference of lynch, in order:
1. Scotty
2. Marmot/INH (Tie, really)
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Quin wrote: I don't see a contradiction in what you've highlighted, but I also don't like that he painted Eloh as the most suspicious person with her whole two posts.
I think it was the:

I don't know who is bad
vs
Dys really slipped, and therefore is definitely scum (only way to really slip is if you are scum)
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:

Well...

I don't see a contradiction in what you've highlighted, but I also don't like that he painted Eloh as the most suspicious person with her whole two posts.
In statement 1 he declares that he is never able to read who is bad on Day 1 and is having the same problem in this game.
In statement 2 he vehemently confirms ("Going to continue defending me voting Dys") that he believes Dyslexicon slipped, which should imply that he strongly believes Dyslexicon is bad. But he already said he can't figure out who's bad.

Linki: yeah, that.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

speedchuck wrote:
Quin wrote: I don't see a contradiction in what you've highlighted, but I also don't like that he painted Eloh as the most suspicious person with her whole two posts.
I think it was the:

I don't know who is bad
vs
Dys really slipped, and therefore is definitely scum (only way to really slip is if you are scum)
I did physically see it, I just meant that I didn't agree. Scotty usually votes a low-poster on Day 1 and 'I don't know who's bad' just felt like a justification for that meta, not something unique to this game.
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
speedchuck wrote:Honestly not sure what sort of information to get out of Wigly's alignment reveal. SL, did you gain anything from your secret knowledge while it was secret?

While Wigly was a good vig target, they weren't a great target for generating reads. I could see town or scum reacting to townWigly in the same way.
I forget, so remind me if this is the case: are you a member of the community sprityo has adapted this game from? If so, what can you tell us about a role like the one SL is claiming? Is it something we should accept as a town/civ roleclaim?
I am.
Only janitor role I recall seeing was a mafia role. It worked slightly differently. They used it to hide my alignment when I was lynched, never got called on it, and steamrolled the game by calling me scum. (I get mislynched a lot where I come from). That was frozen hearts mafia. They had I think two days of calling me scum before I finally flipped.
But they didn't know what my role was. Not specifically. And they didn't kill me. Town did.

Never run into this particular thing before. Could be Civ, but with a drawback so that town isn't overpowered. Could be a mafia kill with anonymity as a special ability, which they're using for town credit. Or a third party deal.

Problem with it being Civ is just that it's a waste of a role. Feels like it's working out better for SL than anyone else, so I'm wary.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Gimme a read, Speedy. Or better yet, a rainbow. You've been fence sitting a lot lately and I don't like the way that goes with your fishing.
You want Silver to claim more but you "tentatively" think he's town. You want to know about Wigly but you think he's town. You "didn't hate" INH for a lynch. You picked out me, JJJ, Golden and Straw but didn't take a stance. You asked us to evaluate each other and didn't weigh in. You supported Dizzy while holding your hands up like "but he could be scum." You have no opinion on Marmot. You had "no issues" with punching Sig, Wigly, Eloh or Sorsha but opposed switching to anyone else.
You did an okay ISO on Scotty yesterday and have expressed some confidence in Quin, LC and Silver (yesterday).
I'd also like to know what you would gain from Wigly's power, standard or wacky. His alignment is far more useful to the town, imo, and you don't have much of an opinion on that.
I'll give you reads in my next post. As for your complaints, sentence by sentence.
1. Already explained that.
2. Already explained that, in the same as the previous, but sure, make it look like 2 problems.
3. Called INH a scumread of mine earlier today.
4. Not exactly the easiest issue to ferret out, though I'm keeping an eye on it.
5. Thanks for the evals, btw. <3
6. This is something I've explained four times already, to varying levels of acceptance.
7. I had opinions on Marmot. They were bad. They've been pacified by people who know him. If it weren't for their assurance, he'd be in my top three to lynch.
8. This is presumably a lie. I have not, in this game, at any point, opposed 'switching to anyone else'. This is blatantly trying to make me look bad with something that seems like an accusation, but isn't quite.
ISO is not a complaint, so I'll move on.
9. I have already explained my opinion on that. And somehow, you don't have an opinion on wigly being town either.

If you have that much issue with my content, and that much trouble with reading my reads and responses (without a rainbow, which I will get to), it seems like you should throw a vote at me instead of shade that you hope will stick. Here, I'll toss you some back. #sass
Im not asking you to explain your fence sitting. Im just saying you are fence sitting.

Can you quote and highlight where you addressed this last 9 bit? I cannot seem to find it.

Also, can you color or label your rainbow? There are blank sections without comment and too many sections to just be green, light green, yellow, orange, red.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:
speedchuck wrote:
I think it was the:

I don't know who is bad
vs
I did physically see it, I just meant that I didn't agree. Scotty usually votes a low-poster on Day 1 and 'I don't know who's bad' just felt like a justification for that meta, not something unique to this game.
He declares it as something specific to this game when he says "this is why...", I think.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:
Quin wrote:
speedchuck wrote:
I think it was the:

I don't know who is bad
vs
He declares it as something specific to this game when he says "this is why...", I think.
then he says 'I prefer', which indicates openness to other options.
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

My bad.

Fredwood
Golden
Nutella

Sloonei
Dyslexicon
Quin

Soneji
Silver Lantern
Strawhenge
JJJ

JackofHearts
LongCon

MM (marmot)
insertnamehere
Scotty

speedchuck wrote: I was trying to make the claim falsifiable. After all, if mafia did kill Wigly, then they know he's town. A claim like this (I DO buy that SL killed Wigly, and I currently read him as town, but regardless) is the safest thing for a scum person to make.
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 40#p336830

Basically, if we have more specific information, we can possibly catch a fakeclaim. I considered this validation to be worth the very slight amount of reveal, while wanting to avoid the more damaging reveals that the role might have.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Quin wrote:
speedchuck wrote:
I think it was the:

I don't know who is bad
vs
then he says 'I prefer', which indicates openness to other options.
"I'm not sure who's bad" followed by "Dyslexicon slipped" looks contradictory to me, but you do not need to feel the same way. What really matters is how Scotty responds to the accusation.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I've read Marmot's posts and I can find very little compelling evidence to suggest that he is bad.

There's a lot of lightheartedness sprinkled all over the place, but I'd be more concerned if that wasn't the case. When he's shared his thoughts about the game they've been sensible and I can easily trace the progression of his thoughts. I think he's been pretty transparent and thoughtful and I appreciate that. I especially like the way he responded to Dyslexicon. He saw his suspicion out until the end but was willing to consider the perspective that it was a sincere fake slip. I think he's been prodding and digging plenty, and flat out disagree with some of the accusations I've seen that suggest his scumhunting/gameplay has been light.

So, if I'm going to vote for Metalmarsh I'll need someone to convince me.

Of the three players I was asked to ISO, I read Metalmarsh and INH as town and Scotty as bad. That concludes my homework and brings me slightly closer to being caught up on this game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Silver Lantern wrote:Curious of people's opinions of the kills. Did anyone feel Wigly was acting particularly scummy?
This caught my attention during the metalmarsh ISO. This came earlier in Day 2. Silver Lantern later tells us that he killed Wilgy, but here he is asking why Wilgy was killed. I can think of plenty of reasons why he would be asking this question, but I'd like to ask why anyway.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Who's got a tally?

One thing to note is that, while I suspect Scotty a bit for the way he stated his suspicion against Elohcin, I would not rule out the possibility that that was a bus attempt (assuming Scotty is bad). Elohcin would be a prime bus candidate right now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:Who's got a tally?

One thing to note is that, while I suspect Scotty a bit for the way he stated his suspicion against Elohcin, I would not rule out the possibility that that was a bus attempt (assuming Scotty is bad). Elohcin would be a prime bus candidate right now.
I don't, but I think that marmot is in soft lynch territory at the moment.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:

I am compelled to yell and scream and tell everyone to get their votes away from there.

I'm gonna start advocating for a Scotty lynch. Hey everyone, why aren't you voting for Scotty?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: I'm gonna start advocating for a Scotty lynch. Hey everyone, why aren't you voting for Scotty?
Because you meta-readers shut me down when I originally advocated for it.

Vote Scotty
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:
Quin wrote:

I am compelled to yell and scream and tell everyone to get their votes away from there.

I'm gonna start advocating for a Scotty lynch. Hey everyone, why aren't you voting for Scotty?
I think there's a reason why there are so many votes there.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote:
Sloonei wrote: I'm gonna start advocating for a Scotty lynch. Hey everyone, why aren't you voting for Scotty?
Because you meta-readers shut me down when I originally advocated for it.

Vote Scotty
Hey I didn't mean to shut you down, I was just offering a warning without actually reading him. But my apologies. Go go go.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I actually kind of want to vote Dizzy again.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:
Silver Lantern wrote:Can Dyslexicon please answer this question?
I can, though I personally don't think it's very relevant. As a matter of fact the only player even commenting on it in that game turned out to be scum. She commented, then forgot about it, and when I reminded her next game day she tried to twist it to an argument for suspicion. I had had a tunnel-vision scum read on her regardless of this (that I struggled to articulate, cause it was very gut-based), so I'm not sure the fakeslip in itself really did that much (also, the site meta makes that situation different - it's more interesting here).

This rant is only half relevant:
However, I believe JJJ and Golden's take that I "just like to do stuff like that" is more relevant. Have you ever done something just because you felt like it? Obviously, that is not the whole story, but I generally like to experiment and try to expand possibilities. I'm also think I'm generally better at creating waves than forming solid reads, especially D1 (though me reads haven't been bad lately actually). In short, I'm trying to make my own style, personality and game philosophy work for me and for town. Sometimes I may go overboard, sometimes I think the style works for me (both as in I feel good about my play and I'm having fun). Some players may find it perplexing or even "not good play". Personally, I don't believe there's any one way to play mafia as long as you try your best to play to your wincon. Different players do it in different ways, which makes the game even harder and more exciting.

What is regretful is that I may have taken up too much time and attention. And while I'm an attention whore, it may not have been the best situation. But what's done is done and I have beer in my fridge.
That... is actually a pretty accurate description of how I like to play. I will do GTH reads, cases, and other thread analysis if I have the time, but that doesn't suit my abilities. I prefer to be unpredictable (which has eventually grown to mean predictable) and chaotic. Sometimes I'll hunker down and focus, usually as the game goes on, but I prefer a lighter playstyle.

That being said, your slip, it looked like an accident. You assert that it was not an accident, but a fakeslip. You then introduced some reads after the fact. Nacho made a good point that you didn't factor the 'fakeslip' into your reads. I think (without looking at your link to your other game) it was an accident.
Need to read into Nacho's posts to see if this is actually what was happening, but there's motive to kill here.
ImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Dyslexicon wrote:I'll respond to what I remember that is easy to correct. My JJJ read has gone back and forth because of just that, it's gone back and forth a lot. So my progression on that I think can be followed in a lot of my posts, I think I've talked about it a lot. And I've kind of just landed on hoping town. I don't see what's problematic about that.

The thing with me is that the progression and conflict doesn't feel genuine. To steal from Willy Shakey, it's a whole lotta ado over nothing, and it scans as hollow to me. Maybe that's just my confirmation bias showing. :shrug:

The reason I find Marmot more suspicious for claiming the map is that it happened after and imo in a weaker way than when JJJ and Golden did it. So it would be an easy way to do a perceived "pro-town thing" that other players are doing. I recall this exact argument being brought up by someone else (I think that time against Sig). I'm not sure the argument is very good, but it isn't taken from out of nowhere.

I don't understand why you think for sure that MM doesn't have the map, and must be a pretender. Why are you so committed to not taking him seriously? Is it because he's the mislynch of the day?

The other stuff reads like putting "scum subtitles" on my posts. And I don't feel compelled to answer that.

What SUPATOWN do you think I'm buddying? Golden, I presume? Who else?

I'd say the 3J loop-de-loop could be construed as buddying, especially his reaction to the "slip" calumny. And yeah, your in-thread relationship with Golden, including how you hopped on me once he gave the say-so, makes me nervous about the both of you. I don't think Golden is scum, so it reads as buddying to me.

Also, no, my initial Sig gut was not wrong. Because I said early that he felt different to me than last game I played here a year ago (where he was scum). I didn't stick to those guts, I forgot about the feeling, but JJJ brought it up in a post this day and yeah. I obviously didn't put much stock into that gut, but I think I will with LC.
RE: Last paragraph about sig.

This what you're talking about, right?
Dyslexicon wrote:Also pretty sure Sig's tone is a bit different from last game (again, ages ago), where he was scum.
This was included in the "null" read section of a read list, as an almost kind of aside.

It's the only positive thing you've said about the dude. Pardon me if I don't immediately disregard any blame for sig's lynch on the basis of that one sentence.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Quin wrote:I actually kind of want to vote Dizzy again.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”