Total votes: 15
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: Phenon Mafia: Day 1 - And Into the Fire

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Assignment #2 is complete.

Remember when I said this?:
Sloonei wrote:A note: When I've caught Scotty as scum before, it's been for contradictions and inconsistencies in his behavior.
Well...

I'll reiterate an initial part of my beef with Scotty because I don't know if he's given it a proper response yet:
Scotty wrote:I see I missed a lot in being gone from the thread. I'm real busy y'all, Donny participation is highly dragging on all fronts going forward.

I'm caught up, and realize that this is why I prefer to vote no-shows on day 1. I'm not sure who's bad. I thought Nutella was playing the fences early on with her first few posts, but I like her recent posts. The golden thing seems like a pretty good place to continue down I guess.

Not liking Wilgy's entrance. Any time he plays the WIFOM card my eyebrow twitches. Both he and MM.

I see the slip as what it was: a slip. Going to continue to defend me voting Dys. Could be difference in culture, but I don't like the bait tactics and choose to believe it were really that easy to bait a response out of someone with an "obvious" fakeslip, it's just as easy to scumslip.
If Scotty earnestly believes that Dyslexicon slipped on Day 1, why is he also lamenting the problem that he can never tell who's bad on Day 1? If that was a slip, isn't it plain as day that Dyslexicon is bad?
What do you have to say to this, Scotty? I'm interested in hearing what your thought process was when you made this post, if that's something your memory even has access to. You've dismissed it, I think, but not in a way that actually addresses it, unless I'm misremembering things.
Yeah I've explained it but that's ok, I'll explain again. I'm grown into a tree since making this post.

If you never met your parents and a man walks into your life and proclaims he is your long lost dad, what would your initial reaction be? Then if your "dad" says "Eh no I'm not I just wanted to see your reaction!" Would what you do?

In this case, I usually target low/no posters because I'm shit at reading people without a vote. and instead was presented with a pretty obvious looking slip, so of course I would vote that way. You understand my post now?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Re: Phenon Mafia: Day 3 - Karma

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote:I want to shift the focus of all the discussion onto Scotty. Everyone talk about Scotty. I command it.
What were you saying about not leading discussion yesterday? :suspish:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I want to shift the focus of all the discussion onto Scotty. Everyone talk about Scotty. I command it.
I have no reason to town read him. I don't know that a blank interactive analysis necessarily means he's evil since I do see those often with civilians when I take on the same workload.

But there's nothing in his posts that I have seen that say to me "oh, there's civilian Scotty". I'd lynch him. He actually just gave me shit for my tracker claim not being accountable when I believe he soft claimed exactly something very early in the game. I don't know what it was. Did that ever become a hard claim? I haven't read everything.
That's fair, except...did you read anything I've posted RE: speedchuck today? What would make me look civ in your eyes?

Guys I don't wanna bring discussion all about me again today. I can. But that Sloonei has declared martial law on the thread in my name makes me pissed off more than anything.

Is it because I'm not following you blindly?

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 420
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote:
What does yesterday have to do with today?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I have no reason to town read him. I don't know that a blank interactive analysis necessarily means he's evil since I do see those often with civilians when I take on the same workload.

But there's nothing in his posts that I have seen that say to me "oh, there's civilian Scotty". I'd lynch him. He actually just gave me shit for my tracker claim not being accountable when I believe he soft claimed exactly something very early in the game. I don't know what it was. Did that ever become a hard claim? I haven't read everything.
That's fair, except...did you read anything I've posted RE: speedchuck today? What would make me look civ in your eyes?

Guys I don't wanna bring discussion all about me again today. I can. But that Sloonei has declared martial law on the thread in my name makes me pissed off more than anything.

is this not what we're supposed to do when we suspect players? I'm not telling everyone they have to suspect you. I'm telling then I want to talk about you, because maybe you're town and someone can convince me and others of it.
I do not mean to frustrate you.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote:
Sloonei wrote:

Sloonei wrote:A note: When I've caught Scotty as scum before, it's been for contradictions and inconsistencies in his behavior.
Well...

I'll reiterate an initial part of my beef with Scotty because I don't know if he's given it a proper response yet:
Scotty wrote:I see I missed a lot in being gone from the thread. I'm real busy y'all, Donny participation is highly dragging on all fronts going forward.

I'm caught up, and realize that this is why I prefer to vote no-shows on day 1. I'm not sure who's bad. I thought Nutella was playing the fences early on with her first few posts, but I like her recent posts. The golden thing seems like a pretty good place to continue down I guess.

Not liking Wilgy's entrance. Any time he plays the WIFOM card my eyebrow twitches. Both he and MM.

I see the slip as what it was: a slip. Going to continue to defend me voting Dys. Could be difference in culture, but I don't like the bait tactics and choose to believe it were really that easy to bait a response out of someone with an "obvious" fakeslip, it's just as easy to scumslip.
If Scotty earnestly believes that Dyslexicon slipped on Day 1, why is he also lamenting the problem that he can never tell who's bad on Day 1? If that was a slip, isn't it plain as day that Dyslexicon is bad?
What do you have to say to this, Scotty? I'm interested in hearing what your thought process was when you made this post, if that's something your memory even has access to. You've dismissed it, I think, but not in a way that actually addresses it, unless I'm misremembering things.
Yeah I've explained it but that's ok, I'll explain again. I'm grown into a tree since making this post.

If you never met your parents and a man walks into your life and proclaims he is your long lost dad, what would your initial reaction be? Then if your "dad" says "Eh no I'm not I just wanted to see your reaction!" Would what you do?

In this case, I usually target low/no posters because I'm shit at reading people without a vote. and instead was presented with a pretty obvious looking slip, so of course I would vote that way. You understand my post now?
I do not. I understand that you thought Dyslexicon's slip was a true slip. Is this correct?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote:I just started scrolling through Scotty's Day 3 posts. He said this initially:
Scotty wrote:Them MM voters lookin real good right now by the by :beer:

Well done on catching him y'all
And then went on a tirade against the two people who hammered on metalmarsh.
Correct.

And actually, speedchuck was one of my top town reads going into the day. It wasn't until I started dissecting the EoD THAT I WASNT EVEN AROUND FOR that I picked up on a few inconsistencies.

I feel very alone and isolated in this game. This isn't a pity post, I don't do that shit. But I'm also clawing my way from a ditch while you guys throw rocks at me from above.

Would it help you if I just told you what my role is? Probably wouldn't believe me. It sure wouldn't help me reveal because I haven't been able to activate it. I chose not to activate it night 1 because I didn't think I'd be able to utilie it. I couldn't activate it last night.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty does point something else out to me that is disconcerting about Jay: he agreed to vote for Scotty without any hesitation or suggestion of serious thought. I know he's busy right now, but that's highly uncharacteristic.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I just started scrolling through Scotty's Day 3 posts. He said this initially:

Correct.

And actually, speedchuck was one of my top town reads going into the day. It wasn't until I started dissecting the EoD THAT I WASNT EVEN AROUND FOR that I picked up on a few inconsistencies.

I feel very alone and isolated in this game. This isn't a pity post, I don't do that shit. But I'm also clawing my way from a ditch while you guys throw rocks at me from above.

Would it help you if I just told you what my role is? Probably wouldn't believe me. It sure wouldn't help me reveal because I haven't been able to activate it. I chose not to activate it night 1 because I didn't think I'd be able to utilie it. I couldn't activate it last night.
I do not wish for you to reveal your role unless you want to reveal your role.

And I apologize if you feel discouraged. I can't help that I find you suspicious, and I am going to bring that up as much as I can. It does not mean that my mind is made up. My mind is never made up.
That said, I've been similarly frustrated at the suspicion I have received. I felt like we just caught a huge break wit yesterday's lynch and then immediatwlg started moving backwards today.

I do not agree with your speedchuck case and I know that I am town. Who else do you suspect?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

That's a phone post if ever I've seen one.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Gotta go again, and I may not have any chances to vote tomorrow. I haven't felt good about Scotty all game so I'll do that now:

Vote Scotty

I encourage y'all to maintain a productive dialogue though; no hammers allowed.
Hey JJJ!!
You voted Elo on Day 2, talked about some other stuff, then disappeared. I've seen no mention towards Elo today. What is your opinion of her today, also taking into account Golden's testimony that she targeted Fred.

Slight tangent but...Does that seem...a little weird to anyone else that someone not paying attention, in her own words, has not been replaced and yet used an action on someone early on?

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Fredwood wrote:But I wasn't misdirected, Golden was. If Eloh is a Controlled Misdirector I guess that's a possibility, but you're essentially suggesting another Busdrive, with both explanations. There's no indication on whether or not there's a MD.

With the Busdriver being in play, there's no reason to assume a Controlled Misdirect, particularly a town one, and if someone randomized Golden's result they wouldn't show up targeting me.

My guess is that Eloh has a persistent ability not a one shot. Spending the one shot doesn't make sense on a day 1 unknown player. As for a CMD...shrug...I guess only Eloh can answer that.
This is all terminology that is foreign on the Syndicate, I'm afraid.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:@JJJ

I can go over it again but I'd rather not. Doesn't seem worth discussing.

It's damn near impossible for Marmot to have been behind Golden being misdirected from you to Fred.

I don't think you needed to claim but since you're now (assuming you are telling the truth) vanilla, I don't see much harm in it. I already assumed you were some sort of tracker but you could have maintained the illusion of still having a power, which is probably how I would have played it. You'd be surprised how many players will admit to targeting deaders if they think they were tracked.

I could Vote Scotty

Having to do a full reset on Quin and JJJ. Too many assumptions were made today. They'd be good ISO targets.

Still not a fan of Speed's. Don't like Marmot defending Eloh from me, earlier. Not a bunch of reason to weigh in on her if she's town. Might be reaching.

Would love to hear from INH on someone besides Sloonei.
Ah ok. So you're not a fan of speed's, who is my top scum read right now, and you're willing to jump on Sloonei's bag and join the Scotty lynch circus?

I see you. :eye:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

unvote Scotty

Vote JaggedJimmyJay
:omg:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:What reason is there to read speedchuck as bad? He's in my top tier of town reads at this point.
Fishing, mostly. Scotty made a fair accusatory post against him but since I don't trust Scotty. :shrug2:

I think the amount of culture clash I'm having with him makes my brain want him to be scum. I don't even remember Scotty's arguement that well.
Ah I gotcha.

You're dead to me

Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 555

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:
Quin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I might be willing to vote for Jay.
Speak, my child.
I'm tired and on my phone, but that big post he made responding to my interactive analysis of him felt off, particularly the section nutella highlighted. He spent a good chunk of time explaining why he wouldn't do something (express a null read on a teammate) instead of simply explaining why he had a null read. He was focused on explaining why he's not scum instead of sharing his thought process.
coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool beaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaans

I'll come give some updated thoughts later. Pretty sure I've given him plenty of attention in my posts if you want to look. I do think the Nacho kill is a point in his favour, but he doesn't dictate the kill so it's only a little one.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

In defense of speedchuck, he is in a game with a bunh of strangers. He can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think he's ever played with any of us before. With that in mind, I have no problem with his uncertainty ("flip-flop") yesterday or at any other point in this game. He mentioned this directly in his Scotty suspicion. He provided his own investigative work and came out with a legitimate case, but backed off it when I said things about Scotty's meta. So then when I later came back with my own suspicion of Scotty, it restored his confidence in his own read.

We can apply the same line of thinking to his read on metalmarsh, or anyone else in the game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote:
Scotty wrote:
You're leading discussion today. It's like the beaches of Normandy all over again.
Sloonei wrote:
Scotty wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

is this not what we're supposed to do when we suspect players? I'm not telling everyone they have to suspect you. I'm telling then I want to talk about you, because maybe you're town and someone can convince me and others of it.
Nah dude you're demanding they talk about me. There's a difference.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Quin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I might be willing to vote for Jay.
Speak, my child.
I'm tired and on my phone, but that big post he made responding to my interactive analysis of him felt off, particularly the section nutella highlighted. He spent a good chunk of time explaining why he wouldn't do something (express a null read on a teammate) instead of simply explaining why he had a null read. He was focused on explaining why he's not scum instead of sharing his thought process.
coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool beaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaans

I'll come give some updated thoughts later. Pretty sure I've given him plenty of attention in my posts if you want to look. I do think the Nacho kill is a point in his favour, but he doesn't dictate the kill so it's only a little one.
The nacho kill is definitely one of the main reasons I've given him a pass to this point.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 213

Post by Fredwood »

Sloonei wrote:
Fredwood wrote:But I wasn't misdirected, Golden was. If Eloh is a Controlled Misdirector I guess that's a possibility, but you're essentially suggesting another Busdrive, with both explanations. There's no indication on whether or not there's a MD.

With the Busdriver being in play, there's no reason to assume a Controlled Misdirect, particularly a town one, and if someone randomized Golden's result they wouldn't show up targeting me.

My guess is that Eloh has a persistent ability not a one shot. Spending the one shot doesn't make sense on a day 1 unknown player. As for a CMD...shrug...I guess only Eloh can answer that.

Well a controlled Misdirect is exactly that. Eloh would have targeted Golden to specifically target me. Where a standard misdirect would have just targeted Golden, and then his results would have been randomized.

You were suggesting that someone switched JJJ and me as targets for...which has been established by Spirit to be a Busdrive, so you inference that Eloh is a misdirector because they switched me and JJJ indicates that you think Eloh is a Busdrive, but doubling up on powers seems unlikely.

My point is really, I didn't view it as a Misdirect and that Eloh probably has a persistent power.
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Sloonei wrote:

Well...

I do not. I understand that you thought Dyslexicon's slip was a true slip. Is this correct?
Yes.

Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Or rather that Eloh's power was one of misdirection.
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Scotty wrote:
You're leading discussion today. It's like the beaches of Normandy all over again.
Sloonei wrote:
Scotty wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Nah dude you're demanding they talk about me. There's a difference.
I'm fully embracing my role as discussion leader today. I didn't do that yesterday. I do not get why this is a point of contention. And yeah, I am insisting we talk about you. I suspect you. What am I supposed to do?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

WASN'T ONE OF MISDIRECTION....fudge, it's late. I'm going to bed.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 555

Post by Quin »

Nothing speedchuck has said so far has given me a reason to give him that extra bit of scrutiny. That isn't an especially good or bad thing, hell it's probably my own fault because he's been by no means inactive. But from my perspective, he's just 'there'.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Sloonei wrote:

Well...

Yes.
And you also expressed a desire to vote for a low-poster because you couldn't identify any baddies?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Fredwood wrote:
Sloonei wrote:

Well a controlled Misdirect is exactly that. Eloh would have targeted Golden to specifically target me. Where a standard misdirect would have just targeted Golden, and then his results would have been randomized.

You were suggesting that someone switched JJJ and me as targets for...which has been established by Spirit to be a Busdrive, so you inference that Eloh is a misdirector because they switched me and JJJ indicates that you think Eloh is a Busdrive, but doubling up on powers seems unlikely.

My point is really, I didn't view it as a Misdirect and that Eloh probably has a persistent power.
I can see there being two bus drivers if they are opposite alignments.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote:
Scotty wrote:

Correct.

I do not wish for you to reveal your role unless you want to reveal your role.

And I apologize if you feel discouraged. I can't help that I find you suspicious, and I am going to bring that up as much as I can. It does not mean that my mind is made up. My mind is never made up.
That said, I've been similarly frustrated at the suspicion I have received. I felt like we just caught a huge break wit yesterday's lynch and then immediatwlg started moving backwards today.

I do not agree with your speedchuck case and I know that I am town. Who else do you suspect?
Understandable.
It's all a game, I'm perfectly invested in the fact that everyone has opinions. I just don't like suspicion when I'm getting railroaded with it.

I'm happy we caught Mm, but I'm going with what I'm seeing. Albeit in between moments I have alone with myself. As it is, I've secluded myself away to defend this shit after getting out of the shower. I need to board a bus in 5 hours so I'm gonna hit the hay. Hopefully I'll get better service on the road tomorrow.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

And also thank you for that explanation, Fredwood.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote:In defense of speedchuck, he is in a game with a bunh of strangers. He can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think he's ever played with any of us before. With that in mind, I have no problem with his uncertainty ("flip-flop") yesterday or at any other point in this game. He mentioned this directly in his Scotty suspicion. He provided his own investigative work and came out with a legitimate case, but backed off it when I said things about Scotty's meta. So then when I later came back with my own suspicion of Scotty, it restored his confidence in his own read.

We can apply the same line of thinking to his read on metalmarsh, or anyone else in the game.
:ponder:

I guess I'm looking at this more in the fact that he had 3 baddie reads, didn't flesh out his read (that one post he quoted a single MM post in) and remained on me, wanting to lynch me throughout the EoD. Maybe I'm viewing it as a slight unfairness in his investigations, but I also view it as a convenient out.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Sloonei wrote:

Well...

Yes.
And you also expressed a desire to vote for a low-poster because you couldn't identify any baddies?
You're mixing up the order. My normal meta is to vote low posters because I suck at identifying baddies early.
I voted Dys at that point because it looked like an obvious slip.

Two separate thoughts. If Dys hadn't made that slip, I wouldn't even be talking about this right now. Idve peobanly voted for Soneji or whomever looked to be laying low on Day 1 (I don't even remember)

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote:You're mixing up the order. My normal meta is to vote low posters because I suck at identifying baddies early.
I voted Dys at that point because it looked like an obvious slip.

Two separate thoughts. If Dys hadn't made that slip, I wouldn't even be talking about this right now. Idve peobanly voted for Soneji or whomever looked to be laying low on Day 1 (I don't even remember)
I suppose I just don't understand how or why the comment about voting no-shows was relevant given that you seemed highly confident that Dyslexicon was bad.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 104
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Golden wrote:Got a response from sprit. He made a mistake, eloh and I targeted Fred. Still not marmot though.
Hm, interesting. Guessing Eloh is another switcher of some kind.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

At the moment I'm feeling pretty bad about JJJ. I'm going to bed now, but I will determine where I stand on him in the morning. Just for kicks, Vote JJJ
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 733
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I care less about being lynched than I have in a long time, so whatever. Y'all do what you think is best, I have bigger things to worry about right now. I'm a civilian though, and I have tried to show you the evidence that supports that truth.

I had a null read on Marmot because his posts did not inspire any reaction from me. The best I could say was "not a town read", but there wasn't much active suspicion either. To explain a null read in detail is a bit of a fruitless exercise, unless I am expected to pull posts from his ISO and say:

"This meant nothing to me."

"Neither did this."

"Shrug."

I know I'm not your generic cookie cutter JJJ in this game, and that really ought to speak volumes. I just don't care. I have no BTSC mates to let down and I am supported by a civilian group giving a great effort so far without me. It feels nice to let other people take the wheel for once.

Scotty, do something that isn't scummy and I might move my vote. If I ever get a chance today.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Golden's correction would seem to imply that Elohcin is a redirecting role of some sort as well. If so, I think that's a decent look for her. Where there are conceptual redundancies they are more likely to exist across alignments than within.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Note about Jack: he's been willing to change his mind in this game which is generally something I appreciate, but it has happened in ways that strike me as unnatural. His perspectives have consistently started in a unique, personal place and then adapted to more conventional/popular reads. I'd say that about his read on me, his treatment of Sloonei and Quin today, and his suspicion of speedchuck (his enthusiasm for it appears to be declining against Sloonei's town read.

My concern is that he is finding comfort zones and that his reads aren't developing within a personal mindset -- they're shifting with public opinion.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

You being pissed off means nothing to me after RED vs BLUE. I read some of what you said about speedchuck and it warrants a response from him (if that hasn't come yet). I don't find your read agreeable though. I also don't expect you or anyone else to "follow me blindly", for you to even ask that makes me want to hang you. That's a leading and discrediting question that has no chance of helping you read into my behavior. Good day, sir.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 160
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

gotta run to breakfast, will post votes when I return
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Scotty wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

You being pissed off means nothing to me after RED vs BLUE. I read some of what you said about speedchuck and it warrants a response from him (if that hasn't come yet). I don't find your read agreeable though. I also don't expect you or anyone else to "follow me blindly", for you to even ask that makes me want to hang you. That's a leading and discrediting question that has no chance of helping you read into my behavior. Good day, sir.
lol you didn't answer the question, but cheers nonetheless, old chap!

Unless there really is nothing I can do that can change your opinion of me

sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

The slow burns hurt the worst

VOTALS:

INH (1): Dyslexicon
Speedchuck (1): Scotty
Scotty (2): JJJ, JoH
JJJ (2): Sloonei, nutella

With 16 Alive, it takes 9 to Lynch and 5 to Soft Lynch.

Day ends in approx, 13 hours
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 253
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I'm feeling overwhelmed by this game this morning. It may have been a mistake for me to replace in as I don't know that I can ever catch up today and provide what I consider to be solid reads. I'm not a nighttime poster so I am really worried about a fast paced EOD tonight that I can't keep up with. I'll give some impressions based on what I read yesterday and the conversation that's taken place since I replaced in.

I have civ reads on Sloonei, nutella and Dyslexicon. Sloonei at EOD yesterday reminded me of myself in the bea vs. soneji lynch in GOC - unsure which way to go and changing his mind as he looked at different aspects of each person - so I empathize with his situation. (Sorry for those of you not in GOC, I know my reference doesn't mean anything to you.). I don't think he was trying to lead and if people looked at him as a leader that was not his fault. I also think it would have been easiest for him to stick with Scotty based on what he had posted.

I haven't read JJJ so I have no opinion but I'll do that this morning. I don't remember having seen angry JJJ before and I don't understand the anger about being suspected. Maybe I will understand better once I read him. I will say I believed his claim when I was reading through because he had asked Quin earlier in the game if anything had interfered with him in the night. But, I know nothing about claiming. It seemed convenient that the claim was of a role that had already used it's power, helping to explain why he wouldn't be a good target for a night kill which would be good if he's bad.

I wasn't reading Scotty positively when I first entered the thread because I didn't feel he was defending himself in a passionate manner like I felt he did in GOC. That has changed however and I have to say when I read his speedchuck post I though "wow, he sounds bad". I got a little nervous though that maybe my comment about Scotty not having enough passion made him think he better do something or risk being read as bad. Also I think it was JJJ that brought up Scotty's anger in Red vs. Blue and I guess he was implying that Scotty was angry there and bad. nutella seems to think he's good because of the hinting but I'm entirely unsure how to read all this blatant hinting and claiming. It's completely foreign to me. I am going to have to read Scotty in ISO again and take a look at Red vs. Blue to come to a conclusion for him as the evidence in my mind seems to cancel out. I know this won't be a popular read as most are reading him as bad and this seems wishy washy. I'll do my best to come down on one side or the other later in the day.

There was competing info about speedchuck yesterday both very good and very bad. I'll add him to my ISO list though I tend to lean toward Sloonei's assessment since I'm viewing Sloonei positively.

Please remember that I'm on day 2 of my day 1. Skimming the thread to loosely follow along is a lot different than reading to retain content and make reads. Everyone around me appears to have a lot of confidence in their reads and I have none other than my good reads. If there is anything you think would help me, anyone else I need to look closely at to help me get to a confident read on someone bad for today's lynch please let me know. Otherwise I ask you to bear with me.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Elohcin has requested a replacement
Banners:
ImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 321

Post by speedchuck »

Some posts messed up because the forum went down last night.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Note the extreme tone difference between my question and Quinn's accusation.

Also note that I have disagreed with the Dizzy lynch and put him as town. While Quin, INH and MM were after Dizzy, I was voting Scotty. Was gonna answer Quin's question towards me on Dizzy but figured I'd just clutter the thread with more linkis. Was sure she was town. Had already said so.

Can we be friends again?

Coming back with a full rainbow in a couple hours.
This post makes me feel happy/nervous.
Like, it's a reasonable come-around and I was hoping for it, but also feels suspiciously like backtracking in a slow way to avoid town wrath.
Sry Jack I am catching up and making notes about shifts like this and whatnot. Not necessarily wanting to murder your face yet.
But this post is important.

Scotty said:
Actually you know what I just remembered?

Speedchuck said he was going to ISO me and then Mm.
He ISO'd me and stopped there, thinking he "caught me". And even after I insisted he ISO mM as well to get out of the tunnel, he didn't. Kept insisting I was bad.

I think I do need to ISO chuck when I get a spare moment because I read that read as genuine but wrong suspicion of me. And civ behavior. Because It reminds me of me when I'm actively hunting but run out of steam. But now I'm wondering if it was all fabricated to pick on a (sigh) low poster like me.
Actually, I did ISO Marmot. Just didn't post every post, because he isn't a low poster.
Sloonei said:
To be fair, I don't think speedchuck should be written off as a suspect just because of his vote. He'd put himself in the "any lynch is better than no lynch" corner, and when things shook out at the end metalmarsh was the only viable option. His only options were to do nothing and look awful, or hammer the marmot.
Dude, you voted with like 5 minutes left in a thread full of linkis. Nobody would have blamed me for a no lynch.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:What reason is there to read speedchuck as bad? He's in my top tier of town reads at this point.
Fishing, mostly. Scotty made a fair accusatory post against him but since I don't trust Scotty. :shrug2:

I think the amount of culture clash I'm having with him makes my brain want him to be scum. I don't even remember Scotty's arguement that well.
I feel the culture clash as well.

These posts are by no means comprehensive, just a few notes I took. Peopl seem to want up to date responses from me, so ask me questions right this moment, please. Esp you, Scotty, as people want me to address your stuff, and I don't want to track it down.

Again, apologies. I suck at being here on weekends.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 200
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Scotty wrote:
Sloonei wrote:

Well...

Yes, I understand. Dyslexicon is your dad. :srsnod: I'm really happy you found him, I hope the drag queen thing wasn't a dealbreaker; there are lots of different types of families, all valid as long as there is love.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 200
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I don't have a lot of time right now, I just wanted to catch up on the night's posts. I'll just give a rainbow for now, then do farm chores, shower, and go to work... arriving home in perhaps 5 hours from now, give or take half an hour. Then some family time and dinner, but that still leaves time within that 13 hours before lynch time.

Nutella
Golden
Dyslexicon

Quin
Sloonei
Elohcin

juliets
Soneji
insertnamehere
Fredwood
Scotty

Strawhenge
Jackofhearts

JJJ
Speedchuck
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 253
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

speedchuck wrote: <snip>
These posts are by no means comprehensive, just a few notes I took. Peopl seem to want up to date responses from me, so ask me questions right this moment, please. Esp you, Scotty, as people want me to address your stuff, and I don't want to track it down.

Again, apologies. I suck at being here on weekends.
speedchuck, here is Scotty's post about you that is the subject of discussion if you want to respond to it. I tried twice to put it in spoiler tabs but couldn't get it to work for some reason. Apologies to all.
Scotty wrote:
Speedchuck wrote:7. I had opinions on Marmot. They were bad. They've been pacified by people who know him. If it weren't for their assurance, he'd be in my top three to lynch
Why? No you didn't. They were :shrug2:
speedchuck wrote:I gave 80% of this list, but it was spread over my posts today.

Fredwood
Golden
Nutella

Sloonei
Dyslexicon
Quin - I disagree a lot with Quin's reads. They don't seem like shade, though. D2 much higher than D1

Soneji
Silver Lantern
Strawhenge
JJJ

JackofHearts
LongCon

MM (marmot)
Scotty - My whole case from earlier. Also, when he responded, he said I was tunnelling, told me to ISO marmot. 1 post later, said marmot was town. Only read he gave was on INH.

insertnamehere - posted a huge thing against Dys, and I only agreed with one point on it. The rest looked like a scum filter over earnest attempts to help the town and one blunder. wasn't a huge fan beforehand, either.

The one point I did agree with on it is that Dizzy seems to go after people that considered him neutral. I don't really consider that scummy, but...

Dizzy has said like five times that they are suspicious of me, and haven't sent a vote or an explanation my way. Calling you out, Dizzybro. Put er up.

Might be voting INH in another few posts, or I might keep scotty or marmot. The culture here says not to throw your vote around every other post, so I won't.
Remembering this.
Right before this post, Nutella votes MM to start it. Immediately after this post, speed votes MM. So he's following his promise, and has just said he won't throw his vote around every other post. Having these options open are great and can keep him ingratiated in the town's eyes if the tides turn on MM, which they did.

Let's move on.
speedchuck wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
speedchuck wrote:I have no issue with any of those four lynches, though the idea of a Chinese Fire Drill scares me.
^Here's you saying you don't want to switch off that four person group, Speed.

Am I misinterpreting that? You said I was lying...
Ah. I take that back.
No, you weren't intentionally lying.
Yes, you were misinterpreting it. The Chinese fire drill referred to switching off of SIG and onto another of those four people: sig, Elohcin, Sorsha/replacement, and DrWilgy. With the JJJ question in context, and as close to the end of the day as we were, I thought that was pretty clear. Just because I have no issue with the four lynches, doesn't mean I wasn't happy with others (though I'd have to look at my opinions at the time to tell you which ones). The CFD applied to those four, and to JJJ's question.

So I didn't want to switch in the four person group, in context.
You can still consider that scummy, if you want, though. I, being used to week-long cycles, am normally quite upset if there's no clear lynch by 5 hours till deadline. CFD in a 48 hour day is frightening.
Quite. As we would find out, the last 30 minutes was a cluster fuck.
speedchuck wrote:

Well...
That post was the main reason I wasn't trying to push Scotty. I'd be happy to vote Scotty, honestly happier than with Marmot.

If most of the active players would give reads of Scotty and Marmot, that'd be fantastic. Maybe throw some INH vs Dizzy in there, which most of you are already doing.
I think we have many better options for a lynch than Eloh, if anyone is still on them.

My preference of lynch, in order:
1. Scotty
2. Marmot/INH (Tie, really)
This post was made right after Sloonei votes for me.

Speed then went full throttle, since Sloonei gave him the out he needed, and started pushing his preference of Scotty>Marmot. How great.

Both of these posts make me feel bad about Both Sloonei and Speed. As if they were patting themselves on the back as if they've solved a riddle on Blues Clues.

A little over an hour after his vote for MM, who was leading the lynch, comes:
speedchuck wrote:
Sloonei wrote: I'm gonna start advocating for a Scotty lynch. Hey everyone, why aren't you voting for Scotty?
Because you meta-readers shut me down when I originally advocated for it.

Vote Scotty
Oh, so that's all it took? Remember that post he made an hour ago saying he wouldn't throw his post around? Yeah, here we are.

30 minutes before EoD:
speedchuck wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Do you have any more specific thoughts regarding Scotty and Metalmarsh?
Not caught up on the last bits. I think Scotty has been softly role hinting from D1, which I find more unlikely to come from scum. Though I'm not sure why he's doing it at all. I suspect Marmot more than Scotty, he seems aloof and none of the interactions I've had with him makes me feel good, and I remember him differently from the game I played here a while ago. Nut pushing on him also makes me feel better about my read.
SINCE WHEN IS MAGIC BAGGINS A TOWN MOVE
Silver Lantern wrote:
Sloonei wrote:unvote Scotty

I am currently voting for nobody. Since he suggested in his latest post that he can prove his towniness with role shenanigans, I'm willing to give him a chance to do that.
You're gonna fall for that ploy? Wow, I take back anything good I ever said about you... :rolleyes:
OH THANK GOD
Quin wrote:I would prefer that Eloh be replaced, rather than lynched. Voting for her feels like a cop out at this point.
THANK YOU
insertnamehere wrote:QUESTION FOR EVERYONE:

Would you rather Dyslexicon be lynched, or no one be lynched?
NO
insertnamehere wrote:Yo, Elochin, I see you reading the thread.

Vote Dyslexicon.

Pretty please.
NO!
Silver Lantern wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:Wish Scotty was still around. Still not clear on his stance with Dys.

Silver Lantern, have you read my case that I asked you to read? Is there a universe where you see yourself voting for Dys today? How can I make that reality into our reality?
If I vote for Dys, Would you be cool with me vigilanting you if he comes up town?
DANGIT YOU WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO REVEAL THAT YOU COULD DO THAT, EVEN JOKINGLY
Silver Lantern wrote:
insertnamehere wrote: I know you aren't voting MM. I'm trying to convince you to vote Dyslexicon. If we want to actually learn something from this day, we need to get something going here.
It boggles my mind how you people have no proble "learning something" by whittling down town #s, but yet asking someone to share a night result is like kissing a leper... :rolleyes:
THANK YOU AS WELL

Sorry about all of the caps, it's a good way to tell my writing apart from the posts in notepad. Also the thread is falling apart holy crap.

Insertnamehere is chasing a lynch for possible town reasons, but in the scummiest way possible.
Sounds like him.

Gonna figure out where to go in the next 40 minutes. Happiest with a Scotty lynch (sorry scotty, but I don't know your meta, and everything you've said since I did my ISO screames at me for lynching)
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:QUESTION FOR EVERYONE:

Would you rather Dyslexicon be lynched, or no one be lynched?
I'll take somebody over nobody unless that somebody is me or someone I am 100% certain is town.
I'll state the obvious. You're one of the few active voters who is still up in the air.

I know you aren't voting MM. I'm trying to convince you to vote Dyslexicon. If we want to actually learn something from this day, we need to get something going here.
I agree. I am trying very hard to figure out where my vote should go, but I'm feeling very scatterbrained right now.
Follow my lead.

Vote Lynch Metalmarsh89
CRAP
Wtf was that post. Why does he say CRAP when Mm votes himself?
And why does he keep referencing that he would rather lynch me over Mm, if MM still is on his bad list? Why not just go along with the crowd, if he really wanted MM lynched?

Followed 5 minutes later by THIS post:
speedchuck wrote:
insertnamehere wrote: What about if we just go ahead and lynch Dys, then you can figure out me and Marmot's alignment?
What is I think you're all three town ATM
Wtf? What the actual fuck? What happened to the red MM/INH/Scotty being your biggest scum reads? Now the first two are TOWN?
speedchuck wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
speedchuck wrote:
insertnamehere wrote: What about if we just go ahead and lynch Dys, then you can figure out me and Marmot's alignment?
What is I think you're all three town ATM
I don't understand.

Your last rainbow says otherwise.
Some things have changes since my last rainbow.

If you two are scum (yes you are lumped together), you have GIGANTIC BALLS to be pulling all of this. TBH, I almost think I'm wrong about Dizzy now. Almost. Not quite.

I can hardly keep up with the posts right now.

Scotty is my most confident read too.
SL, I believe you now because of the reveal that you have more vigs. Falsifiable and unbalanced as scum. Good for my read, bad for your survivability. Protectives take note. Wish you hadn't said that.
WOW is anyone else seeing this? Mm even calls him out on it, which in and of itself is pure WIFOM, but he's all but dropped his suspicion of anyone else except me. I'd bet on him if he were a horse, because he's got LAZER FOCUS.

Then has the gall to say that bit about Silver probably not surviving. Even if speed is town, this is such a twrrrrrrible point to keep hammering home.
speedchuck wrote:
nutella wrote: I went over this in a post soon after INH's big ISO. I see heavy connections between INH and Marmot (there were some soft defenses in that iso post, for one thing), and I feel an anti-alignment between that pair and between Dys and JJJ because most of INH's ISO was promoting the idea that Dys and JJJ could be baddie teammates. So, if Marmot flips civ, I'd be more inclined to trust INH, and thus more inclined to entertain the notion that Dys/JJJ are bad.
I honestly can't see INH and Marmot being scum at this point. Mostly because of how blatant everything right now is with them trying to kill Dys.
But I thought all this time that Dys was town.

I do see that same thing though, yeah.

Disclaimer for me: I WILL literally vote for anyone that isn't in my SUPER DUPER town list to secure a lynch.
My SUPER DUPER town list is being shaken up.

Why do you guys post so much this close to deadline? Agh post earlier so we can sort things out
Are...are you saying INH and MM moved into your SUPER DUPER town list? WHAT ON GODS GREEN EARTH.

He's blaming everyone else on the lack of coordination at the end. It wasn't until Sloonei changed his vote to me that a player had 4 or more votes (that was Mm).
speedchuck wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
speedchuck wrote: I'm ballsy/stupid enough to do so, but Sloonei usually isn't.
My bad. Meant metalmarsh
Oops. He forgot his scum mate.
Before this, he doesn't know if they're "surescum" or "suretown". But I'm apparently ULTRA KAMAYHA MAYHA SCUM. apparently.
speedchuck wrote:Dammit

Vote mM
The final and locking vote for a lynch. Thanks to Sloonei and chuck for actually bringing a lynch today. It sure sounds like speed isn't happy about it, but HEY! It didn't end in a no-lynch, so that's good right?

If speed had just left it alone, there would be a no-lynch. But he was obviously around at EoD, and had previously expressed "opinion" that Mm was bad, so it would look fishy if he didn't respond in kind.

I dunno guys. I'm going full Speedchuck this phase and giving him all the bullshit he gave me last phase.

Except this time I think i actually caught scum
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Unvote jjj

He's clean.

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Note about Jack: he's been willing to change his mind in this game which is generally something I appreciate, but it has happened in ways that strike me as unnatural. His perspectives have consistently started in a unique, personal place and then adapted to more conventional/popular reads. I'd say that about his read on me, his treatment of Sloonei and Quin today, and his suspicion of speedchuck (his enthusiasm for it appears to be declining against Sloonei's town read.

My concern is that he is finding comfort zones and that his reads aren't developing within a personal mindset -- they're shifting with public opinion.
I agree with this tbh. Jack has been flitting back and forth on my list for a while now, and I think it's time I choose a side. So what the heck

vote Jackofhearts

For what it's worth, I'm feeling better about LC lately. I realize there really wasn't much in terms of Marmot interaction to substantiate my feelings; most of it had to do with other players' mentions of him and I'm getting enough of a town feel from the man himself to dismiss them at the moment. If Jack ends up bad I might review their possible connection but :shrug2:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 321

Post by speedchuck »

I feel like I could respond to all of that, but I'll condense it, in random order:

"1. Hey, look at this crazy EOD flipabout that speedchuck is doing, after saying he wasn't moving his vote.
2. Look at how his reads change straight from scum to town and scum again.
3. Look at how my read didn't change, so I must be uber scum in his eyes, despite him never giving a very strong case for that.
4. Look at how it dashes his reads and understanding of the game when Marmot/mM self-votes.
5. Why doesn't he go along with the crowd and lynch mM instead of me if mM is a scumread?"

One by one:

1. I moved my vote maybe 4 times in that whole day. Better than the ten or so that I usually do. Not sure how this would be scummy anyway.
2. Yeah, apparently I'm not used to scum blatantly buddying, self-voting, and fooling around like mM was doing. I found his confidence and general flippant attitude to be genuine, and was certain that he and INH would never act so obviously murderous and buddyable toward Dyslexicon as scum. It was too scummy to be scum, in my eyes.
Is this a weird meta-thing here, or was anybody else blindsided?
3. Scotty, even if my read/case on you hasn't been incredibly strong, it has been consistent. You have been consistent. mM was doing something inconsistent.
4. Yeah, I don't like when people do that.
5. The crowd was voting for you most of that time, or so I thought until votals started popping up late. I actually thought we were going to lynch you, but then things shifted.

A couple more notes, since you said a lot of things:
I haven't been tunneling you. I made a case and then left my vote there for a while, as I had little reason not to. My posts have not overwhelmingly been about you.
As I said a few minutes ago, nobody would have blamed me if I didn't get a mM vote in by dayend. I was trying my best and barely got it in at the literal last minute.
As a note, your outrage over my read changing regarding INH and mM is exactly what I was feeling at the time. "WHAT ON GODS GREEN EARTH" indeed. Glad we're on the same page.

Like, Idunno. I was a bit all over the place around end of day, but so were the scumspects that I was all over the place on.
You don't have to give me a free pass. But to call my behavior tunneling, and then returning the favor (There's pretty much never a good reason to tunnel IMO) isn't the greatest.

Anyone else have questions?
Feel free to reply, Scotty, if I didn't address something.

Juliets, don't worry about catching up as in reading the whole thread. Having you around is better than having a no-show person. It's okay, at least where I come from, to have someone in the thread that is reading people based on their current actions rather than the feel-good bias of the previous days.
You're doing fine. Best of luck keeping up from now on, though.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

nutella wrote:Unvote jjj

He's clean.

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Note about Jack: he's been willing to change his mind in this game which is generally something I appreciate, but it has happened in ways that strike me as unnatural. His perspectives have consistently started in a unique, personal place and then adapted to more conventional/popular reads. I'd say that about his read on me, his treatment of Sloonei and Quin today, and his suspicion of speedchuck (his enthusiasm for it appears to be declining against Sloonei's town read.

I agree with this tbh. Jack has been flitting back and forth on my list for a while now, and I think it's time I choose a side. So what the heck

vote Jackofhearts

For what it's worth, I'm feeling better about LC lately. I realize there really wasn't much in terms of Marmot interaction to substantiate my feelings; most of it had to do with other players' mentions of him and I'm getting enough of a town feel from the man himself to dismiss them at the moment. If Jack ends up bad I might review their possible connection but :shrug2:
Clean as in just hopped in the bath, or clean in another context? If the latter, how did you reach that conclusion?

And actually since LC just posted, I feel worse about him.

@LC: that rainbow list is unsubstantiated, in my opinion.

Why is speedchuck at the bottom? Which particular points do you think makes him look bad?
Why am I a yellow? You've avoided talking about me this entire phase, which is ironic because even though I didn't want to make a point of hogging the spotlight, your skirting around me makes me wonder why.
You did take the time to post a :haha: when Sloonei voted me, so what's the haps?

Return to “Previous Jobs”