speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 321

Re: Phenon Mafia: Day 4 - Too Slow

Post by speedchuck »

Corrupted Jury
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 733
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Shoot Jack, IMO.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 344

Re: Phenon Mafia: Day 3 - Karma

Post by Golden »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Golden wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Golden wrote:
Quin wrote:
Golden wrote:
Quin wrote:Something to throw out there is that Nacho might not have been the intended kill given marmots role flip.

I recall Golden mentioning his actual Night 1 target wasn't who he had initially targeted. Was that person Nacho?
No. I targeted Jay and ended up targeting Fredwood.
Would you agree with me if I said that this indicates that they're very likely not both bad? I don't see a reason marmot would target two of his teammates. One, maybe.
Full confession, I only just went back and read marmot's role now to be able to answer this (I was sneaking in a moment just to see how he flipped yesterday while with the wife's family). So I haven't dwelt on it, but that makes sense to me. Assuming that it was marmot that redirected me.
@Golden

Revisionist nothing. You left out your full results and encouraged the idea that Marmot was behind the targeting switch.

Now, maybe that was just a mistake. I have a lot of experience with the role. It's in most of our games. Maybe you don't.

But like I said, if you want me to believe you made a mistake, you need to be upfront with your other results, not beat around the bush like you're afraid someone's gonna bust your claim.
I'm sorry. This is a blatant lie. Prove what you are saying. I did not encourage or anything marmot. I did the opposite.
It's literally in the post I quoted. Just look up.

You say that JJJ and Fred not being the same alignment makes sense. You don't give your actual results in that post or your next several posts.
Oh, I'm sorry, saying something 'makes sense' is 'encouraging the idea' is it? What about what I did after that point?

Basically what you are saying is 'because golden didn't catch on to the fact that he would have seen marmot if that was the correct answer before I did, he must be bad/lying'.

Well, sorry for not being as good as you at the game. I've never done this role before. That also made sense when you said it. Saying something makes sense isn't the same as giving the final word or 'encouraging people' to see it that way.

If you read the full part of the thread in progression it will be incredibly clear that what I was doing was trying to make sense of the situation. I don't know or care when I said exactly what happened, because what I said happened is the truth. By the way, you seem to have forgotten that I got false results from sprit accidentally, so I think at the time I even said 'that makes sense' I may not have known the truth of who I targetted. I can't remember the timing. What I can remember is that I never encouraged a particular interpretation of what happened. I just wanted to figure out what happened.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 52

Post by Soneji »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:The item voted on Night 2 is a corrupted jury.
Have we gotten to know what it does yet?

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

That is not the name of the thing I got, and doesn't even seem like a very likely pseudonym for the same thing. It doesn't really relate at all.

I missed voting for someone on it because I didn't think to set that vote up in advance.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Soneji wrote:
Have we gotten to know what it does yet?
At a guess, we won't. I bet nutella had it.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 420
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Shoot Jack, IMO.
Jack, Long Con, and Soneji are my final 3.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Golden, have any of your earlier reads changed significantly in the present?
You mean from my overnight rainbow? Jack has gone down based on this argument I'm having, but he was already on a downward slide after the quin stuff.

I have to admit I'm not up to play on all the claims and counterclaims. Some of that might effect my reads if I understood it all.
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 347

Post by Dyslexicon »

I'm with this guy.

:cloud9:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Golden wrote:
That is not the name of the thing I got, and doesn't even seem like a very likely pseudonym for the same thing. It doesn't really relate at all.

I missed voting for someone on it because I didn't think to set that vote up in advance.
Golden does not believe the item he received was the result of the Night 2 voting. This would suggest he received something from an inventor, or is making it all up.
Long Con is claiming to have gifted me a gun on Night 2. This suggests he is an inventor, but not the one who gifted an item to Golden.

We have no public evidence of any other items being delivered at any other point in the game, except by the travel mechanic.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dyslexicon wrote:
I'm with this guy.

Why should I not shoot Long Con?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Well it's odd, because I specifically asked LC if he had given any items at any other times, and he said no. But then he specifically asked if anyone else got an item night 2, which I did.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Golden wrote:Well it's odd, because I specifically asked LC if he had given any items at any other times, and he said no. But then he specifically asked if anyone else got an item night 2, which I did.
Gimme a GTH read on LC.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Re: Phenon Mafia: Day 3 - Karma

Post by Golden »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Golden wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Golden wrote:
Quin wrote:
Golden wrote:
Quin wrote:Something to throw out there is that Nacho might not have been the intended kill given marmots role flip.

I recall Golden mentioning his actual Night 1 target wasn't who he had initially targeted. Was that person Nacho?
No. I targeted Jay and ended up targeting Fredwood.
Would you agree with me if I said that this indicates that they're very likely not both bad? I don't see a reason marmot would target two of his teammates. One, maybe.
Full confession, I only just went back and read marmot's role now to be able to answer this (I was sneaking in a moment just to see how he flipped yesterday while with the wife's family). So I haven't dwelt on it, but that makes sense to me. Assuming that it was marmot that redirected me.
@Golden

Revisionist nothing. You left out your full results and encouraged the idea that Marmot was behind the targeting switch.

Now, maybe that was just a mistake. I have a lot of experience with the role. It's in most of our games. Maybe you don't.

But like I said, if you want me to believe you made a mistake, you need to be upfront with your other results, not beat around the bush like you're afraid someone's gonna bust your claim.
I'm sorry. This is a blatant lie. Prove what you are saying. I did not encourage or anything marmot. I did the opposite.
It's literally in the post I quoted. Just look up.

You say that JJJ and Fred not being the same alignment makes sense. You don't give your actual results in that post or your next several posts.
Oh, and not only did I say it 'makes sense', the next sentence was literally 'assuming the marmot redirected me'.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote:
Golden wrote:Well it's odd, because I specifically asked LC if he had given any items at any other times, and he said no. But then he specifically asked if anyone else got an item night 2, which I did.
Gimme a GTH read on LC.
Town
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Golden wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Gimme a GTH read on LC.
Town
So you believe that he gave me this gun, and that a different role with similar abilities gave you your item, and that there is a third item floating around from the Night vote?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con said he gave Sloonei a gun. Sloonei has a gun.

That's already a degree of corroboration not seen with a few other claims. It clashes with my tracking of LC on the same night, but Sloonei has a gun. If LC is mafia, one of his teammates is an inventor/gifter, not him.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Sloonei wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:
I'm with this guy.

Why should I not shoot Long Con?
I don't know. Not caught up. Just sheeping JJJ.

Also, I just remembered something on D1 that Fred said about Quin that struck a distancy chord. When I asked him for reads. Though I think Fred half defended Marmot as well in the same post, so maybe not important.

But I guess Jack is a good target imo since he has had lots of interaction and suspicion on him.

But sure, there are other good targets.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Long Con said he gave Sloonei a gun. Sloonei has a gun.

That's already a degree of corroboration not seen with a few other claims. It clashes with my tracking of LC on the same night, but Sloonei has a gun. If LC is mafia, one of his teammates is an inventor/gifter, not him.
I forgot about your tracking results/thought you were bluffing again.

I am skeptical of his claim to have given me a gun because it came long after I had announced my gun and while I was pointing it in his face. I don't think it's out of the question that I got this from the Night 2 vote and that "Corrupted Jury" is some sort of euphemism for a gun.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote:
Golden wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Gimme a GTH read on LC.
Town
So you believe that he gave me this gun, and that a different role with similar abilities gave you your item, and that there is a third item floating around from the Night vote?
I have:

a) no reason to disbelieve it, given the information I have at hand
b) no reason to believe its truth or untruth is at all alignment indicative of Long Con, knowing him like I do.

My gth read is based on the tone of his posts generally. I feel LC has an earnestness he can't replicate when bad. Like, he believes in his opinions and theories and it comes across. It also felt (from an external perspective) like he was well positioned on the marmot vote. His vote goes anywhere else and marmot is possibly not lynched? But that's a 'not there in the moment' view (and honestly, sorry, but I haven't had time to read back that part of the thread in any detail).
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

For JoH, I have seen JoH argue against suspicion on him based on the accuser not giving who they thought his potential scumbuddies were and arguing against him NKing Nacho by asking why didn't he kill JJJ instead. Defends himself on hypotheticals.

LC I haven't remembered much from. From his voting history I came across this:
Long Con wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:VOTE LYNCH DYSLEXICON
I appreciate this. :p

Such RAWR.
Was probably not going to stick with my vote anyway, and I think this comes off more genuine than not.
One question though: Did you go through my whole ISO, as in, did you read every post?

Lynch LC

^If I'm to stick with early meta gut similar to my Sig gut.
And you can look forward to similar results. Perhaps the Sig results pleased you?

Which is certainly sirengif worthy.

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Sloonei wrote:
Golden wrote:

Golden does not believe the item he received was the result of the Night 2 voting. This would suggest he received something from an inventor, or is making it all up.
Long Con is claiming to have gifted me a gun on Night 2. This suggests he is an inventor, but not the one who gifted an item to Golden.

We have no public evidence of any other items being delivered at any other point in the game, except by the travel mechanic.
I already said something about this. You're trying to piece something together without having all the pieces. But this setup won't be known before after the game. I suggest more behavior analysis and less night action analysis where it's incomplete.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dyslexicon wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Golden wrote:

I already said something about this. You're trying to piece something together without having all the pieces. But this setup won't be known before after the game. I suggest more behavior analysis and less night action analysis where it's incomplete.
Agreed.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 160
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Let's get FIRED up!!!! STILL

VOTALS:

Quin (1): JoH
JoH (1): Quin
Soneji (1): JJJ

With 14 Alive, it takes 8 to Lynch and 4 to Soft Lynch. Day ends in approx. 6 hours

I don't believe the votes have changed, but here's a repost
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I mean, maybe shoot LC, I'm not directly opposed to it.

@Soneji, how caught up are you?
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

DOH, fixed the time remaining. Sorry
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I think I am ready to shoot. A reminder that we all have to wait in silence for sprityo to post the results before talking again.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dyslexicon wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Golden wrote:

I completely agree with this. It's my cylon point. Trying to assign town veracity to info claims is a dangerous game.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote:I think I am ready to shoot. A reminder that we all have to wait in silence for sprityo to post the results before talking again.
If you are going to shoot me, can you please say so that I can post the five map things first.
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

Dyslexicon wrote:I mean, maybe shoot LC, I'm not directly opposed to it.

@Soneji, how caught up are you?
Page 61/167

Some of the stuff that I'll go through I have already read at other times. JJJ being confirmed cuts down on the brain power needed to scrutinize his many posts, though I still skim them for cases he makes. I have nowhere to be for the next six hours, so mafia is all I'll be doing.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Sorry if I'm wrong. I've come full circle, shooting my original target.

Shoot: Jackofhearts2005
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Day 4: Event

[flavour goes here later]

Sloonei pulls out a weird alien looking gun from beneath their shirt and aims it at JackofHearts2005

They pull the trigger, firing a laser beam that burns a gnarly looking hole into JoH, Jack falls over, dead. The passengers look to check who he was.

JackofHearts2005 was Remington Tarvaw:

JackofHearts- Anti Marker:
You are the Town Anti-Marker and are aligned with the Vox Populi (Town).

You win once all threats to the Town have been eliminated. Each night you visit someone. If that person has been marked, they will be unmarked. if the person you visited is targeted the same night, you will protect them from being marked. You will learn if you save a person from a mark. You will not learn if a previously marked player has been unmarked. You can not target yourself.

With the results being not what the Passengers had wanted, they resume for who will be their daily vote.

Votes have been RESET. With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch and 3 to soft lynch. Day ends at 11:00 pm EST, or in approx. 6 hours
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 270
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Good luck, town!
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Well I guess we've learned... something. "Marking" is a thing that happens in this game.

vote Soneji

sorry JOH. This was the first time we've been aligned together and I blew it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Nein. :(
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 253
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

RIP Jack - you were great at this game I hope you play with us again - it was a pleasure

What's all this talk about being "marked"? I've never seen that in a game before.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

My first thought when I see something about marking is a demolition man.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I've played one game with a third party marker back on Cpi...

Does anyone else have more experience with markers? If not, I can explain what I know.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote:My first thought when I see something about marking is a demolition man.
Could you explain what that is?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote:
Sloonei wrote:My first thought when I see something about marking is a demolition man.
Typically an indie role. Every night it can mark a player, and at any point during the game it can choose to detonate and kill all marked players.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote:
juliets wrote:
Typically an indie role. Every night it can mark a player, and at any point during the game it can choose to detonate and kill all marked players.
LMS?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote:I've played one game with a third party marker back on Cpi...

Does anyone else have more experience with markers? If not, I can explain what I know.
please do.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
juliets wrote:
LMS?
In most cases, probably.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 213

Post by Fredwood »

juliets wrote:

No idea what a marker is or what a Demolition Man is.
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Same as arsonist? Except it sounds creepier.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

What's with people popping in right after the shot?
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 213

Post by Fredwood »

Sloonei wrote:
juliets wrote:
Well...that's fucking scary.
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Bummer. Thanks for the effort JOH and we'll try to fill the void we've left. See you next time.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Oh wow. I think it's time for a glass of wine.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I hope it's a demo-man, that's my favorite anti-town independent role. :nicenod:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Jobs”