Total votes: 15
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 253
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Phenon Mafia: Day 6 - Culling of the Weak

Post by juliets »

I'm here and see my name but I'm not caught up. I'll respond as soon as I can.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 198
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

juliets wrote:I'm here and see my name but I'm not caught up. I'll respond as soon as I can.
No worries, just me spamming how I strongly feel you're town.
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 347

Post by Dyslexicon »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:My tinfoil on Dizzy is real. Maybe it's just because he seemed to latch quickly onto the tides of suspecting me suddenly... and I say this as someone who HATES the buddying accusation, but Dizzy is buddying Jay really hard in this conversation.

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 00#p342459
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 00#p342487
JJJ is buddying me too. It's real love. I can be the un-gendered mom to his fatherly glare. Don't break up this happy family.
Anyway, if anything I've tried to reduce suspects today.
Also, not a chance in hell I'm mafia. I don't think you'd say that if you had read the whole game.
I'll read more carefully the stuff that you've put out here and respond and meditate, but I need sleep now too.
Well, to be fair to you, I haven't.

What's the most convincing point in your favor here? Maybe you can link me to something that would completely change my mind. Because my working knowledge of the thread has been due to surmising context from you all during barely reading anything before my entry to the game and skimming throughout my brief presences since replacing.
The fact that I was the only one giving attention and wanting to lynch Marmot since D1. Every conversation I ever had with Quin. The fact that Golden treated me as if he knew I was town and I called him out on that. Probably most of my interaction with Long Con as well. Breaking the tie between Quin and Soneji 1 minute before EoD even though I had said I went to sleep (the day your vote came right after). Which, btw is a point in your favor. DAMN YOU, GAME! Won't link you to this, but I'm sure my buddy JJJ can vouch for me not being mafia. And I can myself vouch for me not being 3p, but more on that later if it becomes important.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I guess a monochromatic rainbow would currently look like:

CONFIRMED TOWN:
JJJ

STRONG TOWN:
juliets

MODERATE TOWN:
Strawhenge

VERY SLIGHTLY ANTI-TOWN (I guess?):
speedchuck

MODERATE ANTI-TOWN:
Fredwood
Dyslexicon

something like that. But I feel those reads are very weakly informed, so there could be a ton of fluctuation with these. Mostly they're just based on casing by you all and my own gut evaluations from my time in the thread.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

There may not even be another mafia member though. I feel 5 is quite enough. Plus dead people talking (how is this a thing in game) makes me believe this, though I don't know if this is angle shooting? But I can't help bot interpret what dead people are saying, even if it's supposed to be neutral, it's just not.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dyslexicon wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:My tinfoil on Dizzy is real. Maybe it's just because he seemed to latch quickly onto the tides of suspecting me suddenly... and I say this as someone who HATES the buddying accusation, but Dizzy is buddying Jay really hard in this conversation.

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 00#p342459
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 00#p342487
JJJ is buddying me too. It's real love. I can be the un-gendered mom to his fatherly glare. Don't break up this happy family.
Anyway, if anything I've tried to reduce suspects today.
Also, not a chance in hell I'm mafia. I don't think you'd say that if you had read the whole game.
I'll read more carefully the stuff that you've put out here and respond and meditate, but I need sleep now too.
Well, to be fair to you, I haven't.

What's the most convincing point in your favor here? Maybe you can link me to something that would completely change my mind. Because my working knowledge of the thread has been due to surmising context from you all during barely reading anything before my entry to the game and skimming throughout my brief presences since replacing.
The fact that I was the only one giving attention and wanting to lynch Marmot since D1. Every conversation I ever had with Quin. The fact that Golden treated me as if he knew I was town and I called him out on that. Probably most of my interaction with Long Con as well. Breaking the tie between Quin and Soneji 1 minute before EoD even though I had said I went to sleep (the day your vote came right after). Which, btw is a point in your favor. DAMN YOU, GAME! Won't link you to this, but I'm sure my buddy JJJ can vouch for me not being mafia. And I can myself vouch for me not being 3p, but more on that later if it becomes important.
Cool, thanks. if anyone has any interaction analyses or something like that (looking at you, Jay :grin: ), I'll gladly take a look and stand corrected.

It'll probably be tomorrow at this rate though. I'm out of here within a few minutes.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 160
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Dyslexicon wrote:There may not even be another mafia member though. I feel 5 is quite enough. Plus dead people talking (how is this a thing in game) makes me believe this, though I don't know if this is angle shooting? But I can't help bot interpret what dead people are saying, even if it's supposed to be neutral, it's just not.
typically I don't allow dead posting but was fine with it this time around. That being said, the dead posting shouldn't effect anything in game related
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dyslexicon wrote:There may not even be another mafia member though. I feel 5 is quite enough. Plus dead people talking (how is this a thing in game) makes me believe this, though I don't know if this is angle shooting? But I can't help bot interpret what dead people are saying, even if it's supposed to be neutral, it's just not.
Dead players are not supposed to be saying anything that can be remotely construed as on-topic. That's bad form. The only reason they're even allowed to say anything is that the Lostpedia-based mafia communities fostered a heavily off-topic environment within some games, wherein dead players participated in those conversations, and would also occasionally just revive threads by declaring their want for a resurrection, brainzzz, or whatever.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, I really find a 6th mafia member dubious as well. Is what Jay was saying earlier about Scotty's role self-imploding make any sense whatsoever?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Please excuse typos and grammatical errors, I'm getting too tired to care
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 733
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dyslexicon wrote:but I'm sure my buddy JJJ can vouch for me not being mafia.
XD

No, I can't do that. I can make a read and it can be wrong. You're certainly very familiar with your resume, aren't you?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I have an incredibly busy day tomorrow, but I promise at a minimum I'll be around for pre-EoD in a manner similar to tonight. Not sure I can really do anything more though. Is there anything else I should do or answer quickly before I leave for the night?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

sprityo wrote:
typically I don't allow dead posting but was fine with it this time around. That being said, the dead posting shouldn't effect anything in game related
I guess I'll bring this up again after the game maybe. I'm not saying it's wrong or anything. Just saying I'm not used to it, and that I still read it and therefore interpret it.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dead players are not supposed to be saying anything that can be remotely construed as on-topic. That's bad form. The only reason they're even allowed to say anything is that the Lostpedia-based mafia communities fostered a heavily off-topic environment within some games, wherein dead players participated in those conversations, and would also occasionally just revive threads by declaring their want for a resurrection, brainzzz, or whatever.
Then imo that line has been crossed already. But my brain is capable of making a storm and a tinfoil theory wrapped up and ready for shipping out of someone sneezing in thread. The best thing is probably just to ignore it, since the dead would be posting with neutrality in mind.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Also, I really find a 6th mafia member dubious as well. Is what Jay was saying earlier about Scotty's role self-imploding make any sense whatsoever?
I completely forgot about that. I was going to check it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dyslexicon wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Then imo that line has been crossed already. But my brain is capable of making a storm and a tinfoil theory wrapped up and ready for shipping out of someone sneezing in thread. The best thing is probably just to ignore it, since the dead would be posting with neutrality in mind.
:nicenod:

But you're right that it can be a discussion for post-game, or better yet The Lounge section of the site as a general mafia/culture discussion, if you want to bring it up then.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The prevalence of dead posting, non-player posting, and even host posting also presented a learning curve for me when I started playing around here. It's unique. Folks do a good job though of keeping things irrelevant and playful, and it very rarely makes any difference. There have been exceptions on rare occasions and those are addressed when they occur.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dyslexicon wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Also, I really find a 6th mafia member dubious as well. Is what Jay was saying earlier about Scotty's role self-imploding make any sense whatsoever?
The only reason I thought about it at all was the flavor text -- it sounded like Scotty was living on borrowed time. I typically don't read into flavor though; who knows.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:but I'm sure my buddy JJJ can vouch for me not being mafia.
XD

No, I can't do that. I can make a read and it can be wrong. You're certainly very familiar with your resume, aren't you?
Yes, you can. You feel it in your heart. You feel it in your bones. :cloud9:

To that last bit, are you? Then shh... :p
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MovingPictures07 wrote:This is in response to juliets below and also in response to concerns expressed by Jay and Dizzy
juliets wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:Oh, I thought Juliets brought it up to clear MP, but seems I misunderstood?
Right, I wasn't trying to clear him I was saying that was suspicious behavior. I think you're right, if he's bad he did get with his teammates ahead of time and thats why he was comfortable claiming so quickly. He would have known the issue about Golden's targets needed to be cleared up.
How is it suspicious? I clearly laid out my train of thought in spam-like posts in those 11 minutes, agonizing over whether to claim after quickly getting acclimated to the game, and then deciding to just throw caution to the wind and claim because I felt it would give helpful town-friendly information to the thread (i.e., assist with trying to figure out wtf was going on with Golden's n1 stuff).

I hesitated this time because I felt I had a serious reason not to throw out my targets in the presence of a lone mafia member and given the discussion of Jay still being alive.
It just seemed too quick MP. I could see you telling us who you targeted because we were asking for that information but I was surprised you claimed. With that said remember that I'm not used to claiming so I expect people to think through it carefully. What you seem to be saying here is you did think it through you just did it quickly. I will re-read that sequence with that in mind. I also will need to re-read the discussion about who you have targeted tomorrow morning when I'm fresh to make sure I understand it but I see JJJ changed his vote so I'm assuming it made sense.

linki many times
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:The prevalence of dead posting, non-player posting, and even host posting also presented a learning curve for me when I started playing around here. It's unique. Folks do a good job though of keeping things irrelevant and playful, and it very rarely makes any difference. There have been exceptions on rare occasions and those are addressed when they occur.
Yeah, I'd agree with this. Having learned mafia from LP-based communities it's always been the norm for me. If anything, it's less common on The Syndicate than it ever was on LP or any of its sister sites, for sure.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:
The only reason I thought about it at all was the flavor text -- it sounded like Scotty was living on borrowed time. I typically don't read into flavor though; who knows.
Did Scotty say anything that would have indicated he suspected that his role would die eventually or something?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

juliets wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:This is in response to juliets below and also in response to concerns expressed by Jay and Dizzy
juliets wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:Oh, I thought Juliets brought it up to clear MP, but seems I misunderstood?
Right, I wasn't trying to clear him I was saying that was suspicious behavior. I think you're right, if he's bad he did get with his teammates ahead of time and thats why he was comfortable claiming so quickly. He would have known the issue about Golden's targets needed to be cleared up.
How is it suspicious? I clearly laid out my train of thought in spam-like posts in those 11 minutes, agonizing over whether to claim after quickly getting acclimated to the game, and then deciding to just throw caution to the wind and claim because I felt it would give helpful town-friendly information to the thread (i.e., assist with trying to figure out wtf was going on with Golden's n1 stuff).

I hesitated this time because I felt I had a serious reason not to throw out my targets in the presence of a lone mafia member and given the discussion of Jay still being alive.
It just seemed too quick MP. I could see you telling us who you targeted because we were asking for that information but I was surprised you claimed. With that said remember that I'm not used to claiming so I expect people to think through it carefully. What you seem to be saying here is you did think it through you just did it quickly. I will re-read that sequence with that in mind. I also will need to re-read the discussion about who you have targeted tomorrow morning when I'm fresh to make sure I understand it but I see JJJ changed his vote so I'm assuming it made sense.

linki many times
I'm just surprised, that's all, because I think it would be more suspicious if I had waited too long to claim. I also didn't understand how my targets would be of any use whatsoever if I didn't claim, due to the innate nature of my role and the fact that Elo and I have to target two players every night for it to do anything. You'll see, if/when you refer back to that conversation with Golden and the thread at large, that I at first was a bit cryptic, but then realized that town wasn't going to gain anything if I just didn't say outright because my role isn't exactly straightforward/single-targeted.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:
Did Scotty say anything that would have indicated he suspected that his role would die eventually or something?
I didn't see anything personally but I haven't reviewed his posts since he died.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:
I sadly haven't had time to read the flavor text. Scotty's role text doesn't give anything away about him being dedded. So I assume he was killed, I guess.

Anyway, I would rather try to hit the marker, as that one is most certainly in the game (or else the mod is a troll and I will love him even more). It would be extremely lulzy to lose by way of looking for a last mafia member that doesn't even exist.

Lynch Fred

Or something.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I know Jay expressed a preference (at least I think I read it was him?) for mafia being the higher priority over demo-man today, and while from a mechanics/threat perspective I would agree with that, I feel much more strongly that there is a demo man than there is a mafia and demo man.

Thus, if the lynch were ending tonight, based on what I know, I'd vote Fredwood -- even with some tinfoil on Dizzy (that admittedly has settled a bit in the last five minutes or so).

Does this make sense or am I going about this wrong?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

juliets wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:
I didn't see anything personally but I haven't reviewed his posts since he died.
It's possible, assuming that's the way he died, that he didn't know. Just something I thought of. Might be worth digging into... but might not.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dyslexicon wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:
I sadly haven't had time to read the flavor text. Scotty's role text doesn't give anything away about him being dedded. So I assume he was killed, I guess.

Anyway, I would rather try to hit the marker, as that one is most certainly in the game (or else the mod is a troll and I will love him even more). It would be extremely lulzy to lose by way of looking for a last mafia member that doesn't even exist.

Lynch Fred

Or something.
Dammit, now we're mindmelding! :omg:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

What is the evidence that a mafioso still exists?

What is the evidence that the mafia team is destroyed?

Which evidence is more telling?

Let's hear what y'all think.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:What is the evidence that a mafioso still exists?

What is the evidence that the mafia team is destroyed?

Which evidence is more telling?

Let's hear what y'all think.
I just think the ratio that would allow for 6 mafia members seems more unrealistic, but by all means, you folks are better acquainted with the intricacies of this setup than I am.

Do you have mafia member-driven interaction analyses I should review just in case?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I just think the ratio that would allow for 6 mafia members seems more unrealistic, but by all means, you folks are better acquainted with the intricacies of this setup than I am.

Do you have mafia member-driven interaction analyses I should review just in case?
I agree that 6 sounds steep. I don't think it sounds impossible. Scotty is dead. What's the alternative explanation?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I know Jay expressed a preference (at least I think I read it was him?) for mafia being the higher priority over demo-man today, and while from a mechanics/threat perspective I would agree with that, I feel much more strongly that there is a demo man than there is a mafia and demo man.

Thus, if the lynch were ending tonight, based on what I know, I'd vote Fredwood -- even with some tinfoil on Dizzy (that admittedly has settled a bit in the last five minutes or so).

Aw, look at us arguing the same thing. *buddies hard*

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I just think the ratio that would allow for 6 mafia members seems more unrealistic, but by all means, you folks are better acquainted with the intricacies of this setup than I am.

I agree that 6 sounds steep. I don't think it sounds impossible. Scotty is dead. What's the alternative explanation?
For him dying, you mean? I have no idea. It doesn't seem compatible with demo man indy kind of thing we saw kill Golden and Quin. It could be due to his stump role, though I'm very unfamiliar with that kind of role.

Besides that... I struggle. He could have been killed by a one-shot poison or something that was used while the mafia were still in tact maybe? That feels like a stretch just typing it, but it's possible I think.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I would say that Long Con's "let's get this over with" is evidence for him being the last airbender, I mean I'm not an anime nerd, mafia.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dyslexicon wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I know Jay expressed a preference (at least I think I read it was him?) for mafia being the higher priority over demo-man today, and while from a mechanics/threat perspective I would agree with that, I feel much more strongly that there is a demo man than there is a mafia and demo man.

Aw, look at us arguing the same thing. *buddies hard*

:haha:

I missed playing with you. Subbing in was worth it. :D
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dyslexicon wrote:I would say that Long Con's "let's get this over with" is evidence for him being the last airbender, I mean I'm not an anime nerd, mafia.
I think everthing Long Con said on Day 5 was anti-spew which could be discarded as intentional WIFOM.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
:haha:

I missed playing with you. Subbing in was worth it. :D
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:I would say that Long Con's "let's get this over with" is evidence for him being the last airbender, I mean I'm not an anime nerd, mafia.
I think everthing Long Con said on Day 5 was anti-spew which could be discarded as intentional WIFOM.
Yeah, I didn't even read any of his stuff at all.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Nuuuuuuur! The wifom must die! :omg:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I noticed the anti-spew thing, but didn't he do that before Quin and Golden was dedded, or am I wrong?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

The evidence that they still exist is we had a kill last night and no one seems to have heard of an sk who inherits a mafia kill.

Evidence that they don't exist is the flavor that seems to indicate in one place that Scotty died from his wounds. More importantly, 6 mafia and an sk would be a lot of baddies for a 21 person game - a higher ratio than I normally see in games.

I can't say right now which is more probable. I need to sleep on it.

linki -

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Omg, how am I still up at 4am, someone slap me, good night!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm going to assume I'm OK leaving the thread now then. It was fun playing with you all briefly. I apologize I haven't been able to do more. It's very much MP light you all are getting this game, but I swear I'm trying my absolute best with what time and headspace I've been able to allot.

Please let me know what else I can do to help when I return before EoD.

I really hope this Day ends with an anti-town lynch and either a town win or gets us really close to one. I'd especially dislike to be the mislynch that causes the game to be snatched out from underneath you all. I'm not really playing for a win myself because I don't feel I've done anything to remotely deserve it, which is a fairly atypical feeling, but it's clear many of you all have worked hard, and I don't want to ruin that. So if there's any other questions or anything else I can do, let me know. Hopefully what I have done will be enough.

:offtobed:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

juliets wrote:The evidence that they still exist is we had a kill last night and no one seems to have heard of an sk who inherits a mafia kill.
There's definitely a precedent for inherited kills on The Syndicate. It might not be so for sprityo's homeland. It should also be stated that the likely LMS independent here is not a serial killer but instead a marker/demo man. Who knows what kind of mechanical details that entails.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 213

Post by Fredwood »

Dyslexicon wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I noticed the anti-spew thing, but didn't he do that before Quin and Golden was dedded, or am I wrong?
He was dead to rights at that point. Claiming to give put a gun a mafia member gave out. Unlikely any Bullshit gets him out of that.
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I also have to go to bed - I'm an early riser. I would have been much better off with a 9:00 am EOD, lol. I'll catch up in the morning. 'Night all.

and linki again -

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Fredwood wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
He was dead to rights at that point. Claiming to give put a gun a mafia member gave out. Unlikely any Bullshit gets him out of that.
Long Con was cooked the moment we confirmed I couldn't have been role blocked on Night 2 when I tracked him going nowhere (instead of handing a gun to Sloonei).

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Last thing: What I mean is, yes Long Con was just doing wifom anti-spew stuff on D5. Short comments here and there to people. BUT, was he doing this also after Golden and Quin died? If he wasn't really doing that, and just said "let's get this over with", then I think it's more likely he actually meant that and was the last mafia. That would need to be checked though. But not by me right now because I should've been asleep hours ago.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 321

Post by speedchuck »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:unvote

vote speedchuck
What? Are you jabbing me for a reaction? :ponder: Seems to me like this came out of nowhere.

But, if it's fredwood's post, I'll address it.
Fredwood wrote: If not me:

Not marker:
MP07: I didn't die, Jack didn't remove a mark, so MP07 can't be the marker True enough.

The eh tier could go either way:
Juliets - had information, granted not any that was ultimately, but I don't see anyone making an information claim without being able to verify it, or having a very good cover. Could the marker be able to get information (shrug) highly doubtful, but maybe remotely possible. Again, true enough, but for the items that possibly could float about

Dys: Gave out a vest, that didn't stop a blast, and one that could have just as easily come from his teammate. Has had strong cred entire game ensuring lynches. Just like how a marker needs the Mafia NK to whittle numbers, they'd also need the lynch. The vest likely came from the D1 item. Go look at its name.

By POE that leaves:
Straw
Speed

I've already spoken to Straw's claim, nothing Speed has said to this point has cleared him, he's kind of in the same boat as I am. Except he has a little more lynch cred, which again I don't see as proof that he's not SK, because the SK needs the lynch to reliably fire. This is certainly fair enough. I've been arguing against myself being mafia. I'm not sure how I (nor how anyone else) can argue against being 3p, aside from role-claiming. Is that what we all should do?

Likely, my best defense in my eyes, is probably one of the reasons I'm viewed as a suspect, being a careful lyncher does not help me in anyway if I'm the neutral killer. Though if I may play devil's advocate to my own defense, there does not appear to be any hesitation to lynch here anyway, and I would have been on the Soneji lynch to my own admission, which would have been the only day there was a chance of a no lynch. Being a careful lynch (when town is guaranteed to lynch anyway) keeps you off of any bad trails that could get you suspected. Self-preservation has gotten you this far. Me? I took chances. I stuck my neck out for town in lynches, trying my best to scumhunt. That makes me a target. (Despite the fact that scum, in this game, kill people like Scotty for no reason.) Scum don't care if you live. You won't vote for them.
Fredwood's best defense is literally doing nothing. I'm not happy with that for 3p. Scum, sure, but not 3p.

On that note, currently, I read people saying that there is no 6th mafia to be heavy tinfoil. It offers no explanation for the nightkill, and if scotty's role did the death deed, the role reveal would indicate that it was possible.
If someone comes up with a good reason behind the kill, I'll praise Cuthulu.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 213

Post by Fredwood »

There was some wiggle room I think, It definitely made him a target for suspicion, but Soneji's autopsy confirmed it. I think it's possible to deflect one bullet, but not a cannon.
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?

Return to “Previous Jobs”