60%

Total votes: 15
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 364

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Night 1]

Post by dunya »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:43 pm
Elohcin wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:29 pm What are you guys thinking? This could have been a baddie lynch. Should we assume not though?
We shouldn't assume anything for certain. That's how Phenon Origins was lost
My self portrait shows a man that the wealth tortured
Self-absorbed with his own self-forfeit
:noble:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 125
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Day 2]

Post by nutella »

omg dunya's literally the best gift giver ever! I'm so lucky that in addition to all the cool items she sent me she is offering up her mad skillz in my presence
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 105
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Day 0]

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

It’s good to meet you, Dr. Banner.

Textbook narcissism, agreed.

Better clench up, Legolas.

Disgusting.

Earths Mightiest Heroes, type of thing.

That man is playing Galaga!

His name was Phil.

Gimme an IR scan of the room real quick.

Underoos!

And for gosh sake, watch your language!

You guys ever try shawarma?

I was a wayward son.

I am Iron Man.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Better clench up Legolas. :

Once you've read it over, give me your thoughts:
[
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:26 pm [quote=Epignosis post_id=393368 time=<a href="tel:1515644081">1515644081</a> user_id=153]
Kombatants

DrWilgy
Dunya
Glorfindel
Jackofhearts2005
JaggedJimmyJay
Kylemii
lapluie
Long Con
Made
nutella
Quin
speedchuck
TonyStarkPrime
It’s good to meet you, Dr. Banner.

Textbook narcissism, agreed.

Better clench up, Legolas.

Disgusting.

Earths Mightiest Heroes, type of thing.

That man is playing Galaga!

His name was Phil.

Gimme an IR scan of the room real quick.

Underoos!

And for gosh sake, watch your language!

You guys ever try shawarma?

I was a wayward son.

I am Iron Man.
[/quote]
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 152

Post by Elohcin »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:34 pm
dunya is replacing Gumshoe.
Now why can't the rest of you be as sweet as dunya, here. Her mother must be proud. And I just have all of you sitting around here quoting this person or that person, making jokes, and acting like we don't have a lynch ahead of us. Focus, children!
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
lapluie
Moon Child
Posts in topic: 553

Post by lapluie »

Thank God [mention]Glorfindel[/mention] the only post I understand so far
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Glorfindel »

lapluie wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:10 pm Thank God @Glorfindel the only post I understand so far
It’s starting to look like it’s just you and me, Kiddo...
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Elohcin wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:49 pm And I just have all of you sitting around here quoting this person or that person, making jokes, and acting like we don't have a lynch ahead of us. Focus, children!
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

Glorfindel wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:13 pm
lapluie wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:10 pm Thank God @Glorfindel the only post I understand so far
Well what do you think of Tony's vote for you? & who will you be casting your vote on?
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 612
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

"I think the notion of a retirement is just a dreadful, dreadful idea and I hope I never have to do that."

- Michael Moritz
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

& Quins vote for an inactive player?
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Elohcin wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:49 pm Now why can't the rest of you be as sweet as dunya, here. Her mother must be proud. And I just have all of you sitting around here quoting this person or that person, making jokes, and acting like we don't have a lynch ahead of us. Focus, children!
"I'm lucky to be part of a team who help to make me look good, and they deserve as much of the credit for my success as I do for the hard work we have all put in on the training ground."

- Lionel Messi
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

@ His name was Phil :
lapluie wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:28 pm Sloonei nooooooo <\3
lapluie wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:08 am Guys whats up with the shit posting. & who voted for who,I can't tell in the poll
lapluie wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:13 am @ TonyStarkPrime you haven't given me your thoughts, avoided it
lapluie wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:38 am...bye
Is this what you’re looking for?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

"Pay more attention to what's going on around you. You could have nine lives, and it still wouldn't be enough, the way you fight."
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Elohcin wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:49 pmacting like we don't have a lynch ahead of us. Focus, children!
elohcindaquil used mirror move
it's not very effective
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Marmot wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:02 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:04 am Wtf is going on
Who are you?

Hulk smash.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 440

Post by speedchuck »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:38 pm
Who are you?

Hulk smash.
Strange desire
Seems there's nothing else for me to find

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
DrWilgy wrote:
The path that I have chosen now has led me to a wall.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

"This is slavery, not to speak one's thought." - Euripides

"The hardest thing to do is to be true to yourself, especially when everybody is watching." - Dave Chappelle

"All I have to do is divine from what I know of you. Are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a very clever man would put the poison into his own goblet because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me." - Vizzini, The Princess Bride

"Her majesty is one verb short of a sentence." - Jasper Fforde

"No legacy is so rich as honesty." - William Shakespeare

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." - Vince Lombardi

"We don't develop courage by being happy every day. We develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity." - Barbara De Angelis

"I had not intended to love him; the reader knows I had wrought hard to extirpate from my soul the germs of love there detected; and now, at the first renewed view of him, they spontaneously revived, great and strong! He made me love him without looking at me." - Charlotte Brontë

"The power of real debate is in the language and intellectual honesty of the debaters, alongside the engagement of spectators." - Ruzwana Bashir

"I love meeting new people; I think everyone has a story to tell. We should all listen sometimes." - Kim Smith

"Many a man gets weary of clamping down on his rough impulses, which if given occasional release would encourage the living of life with salt in it, in place of dust." - Henry S. Haskins

"From a human point of view, out bodily existence is a fairy tale. At any rate, to the inhabitants of the human world, 'heaven' and 'the next world' are both nothing but fables." - CLAMP

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Bernard M. Baruch

"The conversational overachiever is someone whose grasp exceeds his reach. This is possible but not attractive." - Fran Lebowitz

"Dishonesty, lack of integrity catches up with you." - Dawn Steel

"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the" highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." - John F. Kennedy

"He that is proud eats up himself: pride is his own glass, his own trumpet, his own chronicle." - William Shakespeare

"We are always paid for our suspicion by finding what we suspect." - Henry David Thoreau

"Youth is a circumstance you can’t do anything about. The trick is to grow up without getting old." - Frank Lloyd Wright

"All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle." - St. Francis of Assisi

"The secret of success is sincerity." - Jean Giraudoux

"Suspicion is the cancer of friendship." - Petrarch

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:46 pm

"The hardest thing to do is to be true to yourself, especially when everybody is watching." - Dave Chappelle

"All I have to do is divine from what I know of you. Are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a very clever man would put the poison into his own goblet because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me." - Vizzini, The Princess Bride

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." - Vince Lombardi

"We don't develop courage by being happy every day. We develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity." - Barbara De Angelis

"I had not intended to love him; the reader knows I had wrought hard to extirpate from my soul the germs of love there detected; and now, at the first renewed view of him, they spontaneously revived, great and strong! He made me love him without looking at me." - Charlotte Brontë

"The power of real debate is in the language and intellectual honesty of the debaters, alongside the engagement of spectators." - Ruzwana Bashir

"I love meeting new people; I think everyone has a story to tell. We should all listen sometimes." - Kim Smith

"Many a man gets weary of clamping down on his rough impulses, which if given occasional release would encourage the living of life with salt in it, in place of dust." - Henry S. Haskins

"From a human point of view, out bodily existence is a fairy tale. At any rate, to the inhabitants of the human world, 'heaven' and 'the next world' are both nothing but fables." - CLAMP

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Bernard M. Baruch

"The conversational overachiever is someone whose grasp exceeds his reach. This is possible but not attractive." - Fran Lebowitz

"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the" highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." - John F. Kennedy

"He that is proud eats up himself: pride is his own glass, his own trumpet, his own chronicle." - William Shakespeare

"We are always paid for our suspicion by finding what we suspect." - Henry David Thoreau

"Youth is a circumstance you can’t do anything about. The trick is to grow up without getting old." - Frank Lloyd Wright

"All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle." - St. Francis of Assisi

He had more to work with.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Elohcindaquil defeated Gym Leader Vocaroona! Elohcin earned 165P, sent some to mom.
Elohcin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:59 pm What?! You are on page 4?! Umm......This is why I don't play big games, Epi. I will see you all when we are down to about 12 players and one of you can catch me up.
Elohcin wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:45 pm I'm 8 pages behind. I honestly won't catch up but...from what I have read and posted....I am going with a made vote. I'm not sure why people are going for Mac so if anyone wants to share, that would be cool.
Elohcin wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:58 pm *sigh*...I'm so far behind. Look at all of you acting like talkative children. Separate yourselves and go to your rooms for a while. Mommy needs some quiet time to herself.
Elohcin wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:49 pm And I just have all of you sitting around here quoting this person or that person, making jokes, and acting like we don't have a lynch ahead of us. Focus, children!
Elohcindaquil used Feint
Elohcindaquil used Hold Back
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 218
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:09 pm
Marmot wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:07 pm Effective immediately, dunya has replaced sprityo.
And now I have a sudden scumread on dunya. :haha:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:38 pm
Who are you?

Hulk smash.
Sloonei wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:23 pm I'm a mountain.
Epignosis wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:24 pm The host should be destroyed for this. :suspish:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Kylemii wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:07 pm Elohcindaquil defeated Gym Leader Vocaroona! Elohcin earned 165P, sent some to mom.
Elohcin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:59 pm What?! You are on page 4?! Umm......This is why I don't play big games, Epi. I will see you all when we are down to about 12 players and one of you can catch me up.
Elohcin wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:45 pm I'm 8 pages behind. I honestly won't catch up but...from what I have read and posted....I am going with a made vote. I'm not sure why people are going for Mac so if anyone wants to share, that would be cool.
Elohcin wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:58 pm *sigh*...I'm so far behind. Look at all of you acting like talkative children. Separate yourselves and go to your rooms for a while. Mommy needs some quiet time to herself.
Elohcindaquil used Feint
"Disgusting."
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Marmot wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:16 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:09 pm
Marmot wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:07 pm Effective immediately, dunya has replaced sprityo.
And now I have a sudden scumread on dunya. :haha:
"I think not."

"Here's some advice: Let the fools spread gossip."
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:52 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:46 pm

He had more to work with.
"Point me at the enemy."
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Day 1]

Glorfindel wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:11 am Page 1 - Key take-aways:
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:25 am New game!!!! Let's go.

i've never played a Mortal Kombat in my life, can anyone who has describe the realms? Are there any associations between realms and certain characters?
I personally didn’t think much of this post from Kyle. To my mind, it looks like an attempt to appear to engage with his fellow players by giving them a task to perform. Subsequent comments in relation to his question makes it appear that he’s generating content without genuine engagement.
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:26 amgood opening question, town read.
Don’t like this from Quin either. Quin’s far too good a player to fall for this and I’d frankly have expected better.
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:29 amEarthrealm is the mundane sphere, the netherrealm is the underworld, the outworld is the great void beyond. Chaos and orderrealm are the realms of competing energies, and Edenia is the blissful state at the nexus of all of them. I've also never played these games and just made that up. What are you going to base your vote off of?

Votes in this poll are not changeable.
Sloonei buys into Kyle’s question and provides valid content - a good look from Sloonei here.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:35 am Kyle is town because "let's go" is the thing he said when his confidence surged post-mafioso lynch as a civilian.

Sloonei is town because he's already trying to facilitate true to form.

Quin is mafia because he called Kyle's question "good" without clarifying why he cared about the question or why it moved him.
While I’m inclined to skepticism of Jay’s read on Kyle, I think his evaluations of Quin and Sloonei are valid however based on the limited content this page.
Glorfindel wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:19 am Page 2 - Key take-aways:

Continued discussion and conjecture about the role of the poll. If Kyle was trying to create a smoke screen, he appears to have been successful (not that the conjecture wasn’t without some level of interest).

MacDougall loses 10 points for reminiscing on the Star Wars game - my first here at The Syndicate and one I’ve spent the past two+ years trying to forget.

I see the reasoning being put forward by those arguing for visiting the Outworld first up but you’ll have to forgive me my cautious nature here. If the logic being applied is that some advantage accrues to the ‘home team’ for any of these places, starting the game by giving an advantage to the bad guys hardly makes any sense to me. I’ll be taking note of those players that voted for this option first up - it might potentially be very useful later on.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:41 am
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:38 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:36 am Quin I'm sorry buddy but I actually had the same thoughts as Jimmy as I was going through page 1. Then when I read him say it I got a little bit frustrated that he stole my thunder. As you well know I am never wrong on a day 1 read so you might as well just give up.
oh ok sorry ill do better next time
What are your immediate impressions of Mac and I?
I find this question posed by Jay to Quin to be rather odd. MacDougall had commented earlier that he was thinking similarly to Jay earlier but for Jay to be suggesting some kind of relationship between he and Mac out of the blue like this seems ‘unsettling’.
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:02 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:00 am
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:55 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:54 am
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:44 am No, I lied.

I don't think you actually care about the read you've given me so far. That's natural for you in trying to progress Day 0/1 though.
Lynch all liars.
Tell me about Kylemii.
I had a ping at first which I am prone to do when people are being enthusiastic in the way that Kylemii seemed to be (see Sloonei's description) but further posts seem relatively genuine. I don't accept Jimmy's argument for clearing as that's just as likely if not more so just common phrasing that Kylemii uses.

Thank you for the question. What were you expecting me to say?
He's been around as much as the next person so far but hasn't touched on the only suspect (me) yet, and has talked primarily about the poll. I wanted to know if anyone else thought it was worth mentioning.

Yeah, see this is the Quin I was expecting to find here this game. It’s early but I wonder if we’re seeing the beginning of an anti-Quin agenda in the making?
"I'll do my best."
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:40 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:16 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:53 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:08 am Put a vote on Spacedaisy. Do we believe her guilt to be coming from a place of empathy for game hosts everywhere, or from her role card?
I'm not really buying the idea that she feels guilty about rolling Mafia, making it affect her very first post in the game.
WHo the hell feels guilty about being mafia anyway?
Glorfindel does.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

lapluie wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:16 pm
Well what do you think of Tony's vote for you? & who will you be casting your vote on?
I’m pretty sure I addressed Tony’s vote on me a page or so back. Either he has no choice in the matter or he’s not rowing with both oars in the water. As for my vote, it’s not like I have any choice but I’m exploring my options right now. I must say that right now, I’m taking everyone with a severe posting affliction off the table. May I ask your thoughts?

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:18 pm
Kylemii wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:07 pm Elohcindaquil defeated Gym Leader Vocaroona! Elohcin earned 165P, sent some to mom.
Elohcindaquil used Feint
"Disgusting."
Vocaroona wants to battle!
Vocaroona used Extreme Speed!
Elohcindaquil's inner focus kept her from flinching!
Elohcindaquil used Odor Sleuth!
Elohcindaquil defeated Vocaroona!
Elohcindaquil earned 165P for winning

Morkombat wants to battle!
Morkombat used Quick Attack!
Elohcindaquil flinched.
Elohcindaquil is paralyzed she may be unable to move.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Glorfindel wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:26 pm @TonyStarkPrime: I see you’ve voted for me? :ponder: From that, I assume one of two things. Either:

A) You’re bad or

B) This is one of those stupid vote re-direction things because no Townie in their right mind would do something so obviously errant.
Not a great plan.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:44 pm
hitmonjack used sketch
it's not very effective
kylechu is confused, it hurt itself in confusion

hitmonjack used calm mind
hitmonjack used helping hand
hitmonjack used sharpen
--------------->
hitmonjack grew to level 15
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 125
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I really appreciate this luxurious item I've been given that is enfranchisement, and I'm really excited to try it out, but I'm not quite sure what to do with it yet. So far I've heard of people using this product on things such as DrWilgys and TonyStarkPrimes, and from my perspective those are both decent enough choices that I might consider. Not sure I'd waste such a lovely treat on the completely absent toothed bird, but I'd be open to seeing how it might work on a Dave.

I think for now I will test out my wonderful gift on Tony. I wasn't impressed with him on day 1, and although one could argue in his favor that he has been trying to participate more recently despite the... shall we say... stark limitations of his own "gift" today, I have also noticed that one of my other suspects, speedchuck, is voting for the candidate who is currently one vote ahead of Tony. That's about as sufficient a reason as I feel I'm likely to come up with on this day of chaos. So, thanks again hosts for the beautiful shiny poll, that was really thoughtful of you and I think it'll look great on Iron Man.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:17 amone of my other suspects, speedchuck
"No explanation is ever as good as not having one."

- Marty Rubin

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Elohcin wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:49 pm Now why can't the rest of you be as sweet as dunya, here. Her mother must be proud. And I just have all of you sitting around here quoting this person or that person, making jokes, and acting like we don't have a lynch ahead of us. Focus, children!
= When I was a kid

When i was a kid,

This thing you do -- being able to detect structural weaknesses in things.
All right Martinelli, give me the story fast!
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

Interesting. ... its crystal clear now
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

lapluie wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:11 am Interesting. ... its crystal clear now
I trust you have not succumbed to the abject insanity of this game this Day phase?

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Well, isn’t this a waste of time? I’ve just been going over a few things and have concluded that any attempts to apply logic to the events this day phase are a complete and utter waste of my time. All these nonsense (or artificial) curses have ruined this game this Day phase. The few posts that have been made so far have been spectacularly devoid of any discernable reason or point. It has been a revelation and a free ride to our Mafia friends and handed them a significant advantage in this game overall - and all of these stupid curses are to blame. I am so disgusted at this.

lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

Glorfindel wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:24 am Well, isn’t this a waste of time? I’ve just been going over a few things and have concluded that any attempts to apply logic to the events this day phase are a complete and utter waste of my time. All these nonsense (or artificial) curses have ruined this game this Day phase. The few posts that have been made so far have been spectacularly devoid of any discernable reason or point. It has been a revelation and a free ride to our Mafia friends and handed them a significant advantage in this game overall - and all of these stupid curses are to blame. I am so disgusted at this.
Honestly same, it has ruined the game for me. To be fair, I don't see a beneficial factor in what is happening now. in fact it's making things worse, how is this supposed to help anyone?! Far too complicated with no given directory of resolution... this is quite disappointing :pout:
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

Glorfindel wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:02 am
I trust you have not succumbed to the abject insanity of this game this Day phase?
I dont trust anyone in this game here anymore! youre the only sane one here & im trusting you on that. what should we do?
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
lapluie
Moon Child

Post by lapluie »

However I feel that Nutella is trying to give us clues? maybe we should listen to her. She has casted her vote on tony .
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

lapluie wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:42 am
Glorfindel wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:02 am
I dont trust anyone in this game here anymore! youre the only sane one here & im trusting you on that. what should we do?
I fear that you are wrong, my friend - there are indeed people in this game you can trust. Just because they are forced to post nonsense doesn’t make them bad (at least not as bad as any Townie who imprudently uses such an ability to stifle discussion and strangle any chance of us trying to deduce the identity of our Outworld friends). It appears that there aren’t many of us who are unaffected - perhaps we have been isolated or protected from the effects of this Chaosrealm thing for some reason - I think Nutella seemed to be suggesting that to be the case.

There are a number of players here of whom I still harbour suspicion but I think it is dishonourable to take advantage of their absence or their inability to post normally (and by that, I mean posting sheer nonsense). I understand that I’m probably the only one playing who’d take that approach but so be it. A vote from me for anyone in that situation is a clear sign that my vote is not my own and that brings me to another point - there are roles listed at the beginning of this thread that are able to redirect or control the votes of others as standard abilities and who knows how many more that may be of the hidden or secret variety. Throw into the mix the number of roles that can reduce or increase the value of other player’s votes and that makes the Votecount for all intents and purposes completely worthless as a tool for any legitimate analysis.

For all that, we may as well start lynching alphabetically and put the fate of the game in the hands of chance. I agree with you though - these games are hard enough and frustrating enough without this nonsense. My apologies if I sound pissed off but I am.

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Glorfindel wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:24 am Well, isn’t this a waste of time? I’ve just been going over a few things and have concluded that any attempts to apply logic to the events this day phase are a complete and utter waste of my time. All these nonsense (or artificial) curses have ruined this game this Day phase. The few posts that have been made so far have been spectacularly devoid of any discernable reason or point. It has been a revelation and a free ride to our Mafia friends and handed them a significant advantage in this game overall - and all of these stupid curses are to blame. I am so disgusted at this.
Look up and tell me what you see
I will decide my destiny
From the stars to the planets to the moons
Read the signs of astrology and let the sky speak to you :cloud9:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

lapluie wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:44 am However I feel that Nutella is trying to give us clues? maybe we should listen to her. She has casted her vote on tony .
7 am, alarm goes off
Man, I'm tired, I don't wanna get up
Only one thing to look forward to
My Nutella sandwich at twenty to
Go down stairs, get a knife
Nutella for brekkie, that sounds nice
IT'S BREAKFAST, most important meal of the day
Nutella sammich, is there any other way?
First step, you gotta find some bread
Second step, you gotta toast that shhh
Third step, put the knife in the Nutella :feb:
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

dunya wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:29 am
lapluie wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:44 am However I feel that Nutella is trying to give us clues? maybe we should listen to her. She has casted her vote on tony .
7 am, alarm goes off
Man, I'm tired, I don't wanna get up
Only one thing to look forward to
My Nutella sandwich at twenty to
Go down stairs, get a knife
Nutella for brekkie, that sounds nice
IT'S BREAKFAST, most important meal of the day
Nutella sammich, is there any other way?
First step, you gotta find some bread
Second step, you gotta toast that shhh
Third step, put the knife in the Nutella :feb:
How thoroughly macabre?

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Marmot wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:13 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:09 pm I'm actively trying to limit myself in this game, and I still find myself at 60 posts on Day 0. :rolleyes:
Your posts are noticeably shorter than what I find customary.
I changed my mind, when I went to New York today
I saw something that is hard to say
It fucking sucks, it's bad luck
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:28 am Keeping my vote on TonyStarkPrime until he talks more about disagreeing with the concensus on me. I'm interested.
Hail to the King
Lord Of Lords
May he Protect Us
From The Evil
You see they expect me not to say shit
While we are being degraded
And viciously exterminated
And act brainless
When the youth needs to be educated with factualism
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Long Con wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:40 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:35 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:26 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:03 amHow would Made have insight into my role? This is not a possibility which has entered my mind because if he did have insight, he would be less wrong about me.
that's the conclusion I drew from "ask Kyle" "wait not Kyle yet" "actually ask speedchuck"

I assumed he had some kind of one-shot secret power that would get Intel on a player and then send it to two other additional players or something.
It would sort of be breaking the rules if that were the case though...
Is role-hinting against the rules?

Some roles could prove themselves through judicious application of their powers, at least to targeted individuals. That's not the same as role-outing, for example saying "I am M. Bison".

I would not be opposed to some host clarification on that front.
:disappoint:
I think ahead and analyze minds like a psychologist
Regardless if the topic is necrodamist or sabacolypse
The logic is am played or a shot to your esophagus
Remove you from the earth you get hurt for popping shit :feb:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

sig wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:29 am Lies are told prevent yourself from getting hurt.
I got my eyes upon you, and all the things that you do
Some close they eyes but mine can see, all the evil surroundin' me
So what I'm 'posed ta do, when I can see right through?
Expose the lies and snatch the sheets, fight the evil surroundin' me

Return to “Previous Jobs”