63%

Total votes: 16
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 220
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Ancient Greece Mafia [Day 2]

Post by Long Con »

Turnip Head wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:23 am Mac must be top dawg in the scum chat or something. Calling out shots and herding us like sheepies
That would be the best. I hope Mac wins.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 462
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I find Mac's defense of wolbre's defense of Sloonei confoundling all at once.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

And hey, all three of them are voting for Colin.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

That's three mafia all trying to save Sloonei, one of the mafia.

I'm really good at this game, I can see everything now. Did I mention that TH is the other mafia?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 191

Post by Dom »

I think the most sus thing abotut Mac (of whom I ahve a civ read) is that his vote is on Colin and not Sloonei
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 620
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Marmot wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:49 am Did I mention that TH is the other mafia?
Did your teammate GOLDEN tell you that??
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 110

Post by novaselinenever »

Marmot wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:47 am I find Mac's defense of wolbre's defense of Sloonei confoundling all at once.
It was really aggressive. He accused me of not wanting to bother analyze posts and I don't know where he's getting that from. I don't see a reason against Wolbre explaining his thoughts and giving the analysis of Sloonei's posts that lead him to believe that. It's standard procedure.
wolbre04
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 345

Post by wolbre04 »

novaselinenever wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:57 am
Marmot wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:47 am I find Mac's defense of wolbre's defense of Sloonei confoundling all at once.
It was really aggressive. He accused me of not wanting to bother analyze posts and I don't know where he's getting that from. I don't see a reason against Wolbre explaining his thoughts and giving the analysis of Sloonei's posts that lead him to believe that. It's standard procedure.
There's really no reason for me to explain anything further beyond "Sloonei isn't pure mafia. He might be 3p aligned mafia or regular town" at the moment. Night actions told me so and I'm confident in myself
ImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 499

Post by Golden »

wolbre04 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:59 am
There's really no reason for me to explain anything further beyond "Sloonei isn't pure mafia. He might be 3p aligned mafia or regular town" at the moment. Night actions told me so and I'm confident in myself
You need to read those rules.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

Golden wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:02 am
It's obvious in the thread based on who died imo and who is trading
ImageImageImage
wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

wolbre04 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:03 am
I think that sloon is trading but I'm not exactly sure
ImageImageImage
wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

I have a feeling people are gonna shift to Sloon and he's gonna get mislynched. Prediction.
ImageImageImage
wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

He's not even that believeable as a mafia member. Colin is
ImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

OK sorry it just looked like you were infodumping but you should make sure you don't do anything that looks like it might be infodumping too.

Glad it wasn't but in any event I've slowly been leaning towards a Colin vote and it might be where I end up. We'll see.
novaselinenever
Hitman

wolbre04 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:07 am
I have a feeling people are gonna shift to Sloon and he's gonna get mislynched. Prediction.
If you believe him to be a 3P, how would his lynch end up being a mislynch ?
wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

novaselinenever wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:10 am
he could align with town is my point. He can side with anyone, really. And he's also counting for numbers against scum currently (assuming he hasnt traded his last item and jumped town ship)
ImageImageImage
wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

wolbre04 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:11 am
novaselinenever wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:10 am
he could align with town is my point. He can side with anyone, really. And he's also counting for numbers against scum currently (assuming he hasnt traded his last item and jumped town ship)
I don't really know how we will figure out if and when a 3p chooses a side besides looking at the striked items. Maybe it will say "Thebes has sided with PErsia/Athens/Sparta" etc
ImageImageImage
wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

Golden wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:08 am
OK sorry it just looked like you were infodumping but you should make sure you don't do anything that looks like it might be infodumping too.

Glad it wasn't but in any event I've slowly been leaning towards a Colin vote and it might be where I end up. We'll see.
Sorry about that, I was trying to say that based on the stuff leading up to epi's death and this day, I don't think Sloonei would be a worthwhile lynch, but that's just me. I'm far less experienced than 99% of you so it's probably better to just listen to someone else
ImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

wolbre04 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:13 am
Golden wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:08 am

Sorry about that, I was trying to say that based on the stuff leading up to epi's death and this day, I don't think Sloonei would be a worthwhile lynch, but that's just me. I'm far less experienced than 99% of you so it's probably better to just listen to someone else
All right, so here's where we disagree. I think that his lynch is very worthwhile and I found some of his interactions and the also the lack of them with certain players, very interesting. I think he has more scum team compatibility than Colin and thus his flip gives a lot of info.

I also sense a certain resistance to his lynch even though most agree with Mac's case on him. The same can't be said for Colin's lynch. For example Scotty didn't see much of a case against Colin and all of a sudden he sees Colin guilty with each post. Mac who made the case against Sloonei is also voting Colin. You defending him.

Experience can be overrated sometimes. It shouldn't stop anyone from listening to you if your arguments are sound.

I still haven't decided between the two but leaning Sloonei now.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

The good thing is that our reasons for getting to this point are sound and I feel much better about our chances today than yesterday.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 666

Post by dunya »

I am semi caught up but stuck in meetings with managers all day. I have some thoughts I'll share before end of day I promise.

I have broken the Colin and Sloonei tie. I had day 1 concerns about Sloonei and his ColinIsCool vote. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if it was early distancing masked as a pressure vote on day 1 after everyone questioned him about it.

I have more thoughts about Sloonei I'll share before eod. But for now, I have a bigger scum read on sloonei than Colin.

I have some questions for some Colin votes I'll ask later too.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 666

Post by dunya »

Voters*
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 288

Post by MacDougall »

Dom wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:51 am I think the most sus thing abotut Mac (of whom I ahve a civ read) is that his vote is on Colin and not Sloonei
I put my vote on Colin while I was talking to Sloonei because I think they are teammates and I wanted to see him squirm. Subsequently Wolbre made me think he had info.
novaselinenever
Hitman

[mention]MacDougall[/mention] Has MP moved down in your rainbow or is he still going strong green ?
novaselinenever
Hitman

Same question to Dom. You both had him as one of your strongest Town read.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

novaselinenever wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:06 am @MacDougall Has MP moved down in your rainbow or is he still going strong green ?
Have I given you some indication to feel this way or is this just a completely random question?
novaselinenever
Hitman

MacDougall wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:09 am
novaselinenever wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:06 am @MacDougall Has MP moved down in your rainbow or is he still going strong green ?
Have I given you some indication to feel this way or is this just a completely random question?
Take a guess.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

novaselinenever wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:13 am
Take a guess.
I genuinely have no idea.

At any rate I would say he and Golden are both slightly lower. All my reads regress to the mean the longer I have them for. At first I was pretty eh on Golden and MP but when I was analysing deeply I had a team mapped out and they were not in it, but out of that zone I was in my reads on all of them have softened somewhat, for good or bad.

I would say the biggest shift would be Dunya, who is my top town read now because of the thing I noticed before where she got mad at me for a post I town read her in.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:22 amAll my reads regress to the mean
Nah, you're alright mac :p
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:01 am
Dom wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:51 am I think the most sus thing abotut Mac (of whom I ahve a civ read) is that his vote is on Colin and not Sloonei
I put my vote on Colin while I was talking to Sloonei because I think they are teammates and I wanted to see him squirm. Subsequently Wolbre made me think he had info.
This is what I'm grappling with at the moment. Wolbre's behaviour is - unusual without being suspicious. In someone I know I might be able to interpret it's meaning. In someone who is new to me it is more difficult to decide where I land.
novaselinenever
Hitman

MacDougall wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:22 am
Take a guess.

At any rate I would say he and Golden are both slightly lower. All my reads regress to the mean the longer I have them for. At first I was pretty eh on Golden and MP but when I was analysing deeply I had a team mapped out and they were not in it, but out of that zone I was in my reads on all of them have softened somewhat, for good or bad.

I would say the biggest shift would be Dunya, who is my top town read now because of the thing I noticed before where she got mad at me for a post I town read her in.
All right, thank you.

I was mostly asking because of his interaction with LC a few pages back. They both looked pretty bad coming out of it but I agree with the points LC raised on him, especially him being a Straw man. He felt a bit opportunistic trying to spin negativity on LC's posts. Then reacted over dramatically to LC's suspicions/vote and followed that up with a big 'NO U' vote.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Ancient Greece Mafia [Night 1]

Post by MacDougall »

dunya
Dom
novaselinenever
Scotty
Marmot
Turnip Head

M Plus 7
Golden
Choutas

speedchuck
Kylemii
Jackofhearts2005
quin
Spacedaisy

wolbre04
Lunalee
colonialbob

Long Con
Sloonei
ColinIsCool

Just for you Nova.

The highlights.

I am confident that was a townslip by dunya.
Marmot doesn't kill Epi night one.
Scotty is consistently saying things that make sense to me.
I like Nova's effort.
Turnip Head dropped a bit because I have concerns about his effort.
Golden is mixing me up with the fact that we share lots of opinions but he is just persistently pinging me
MP7 gets less pingy the more sustained his presence is. Every time he disappears and reappears he goes through another cycle of pinging me.
I just gut read Choutas as town. His posts seem genuine.
Very null on those speedchuck through spacedaisy. Bet your ass there are scum laying low in there, especially since every single one of them can do way better than they are. Coasters.
wolbre would be lower but I am using discretion based on him being new to presume I am pinged by him for that reason.
Lunalee is a ping machine.
Colonialbob has pinged me since he entered the game.
Colin drops below Sloonei because I think it's possible Wolbre infoslipped on him. Long Con is above them because of the three he has had the most scum hunting effort shown and I kinda liked his back and forth with Dom.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

novaselinenever wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:33 am
Take a guess.

All right, thank you.

I was mostly asking because of his interaction with LC a few pages back. They both looked pretty bad coming out of it but I agree with the points LC raised on him, especially him being a Straw man. He felt a bit opportunistic trying to spin negativity on LC's posts. Then reacted over dramatically to LC's suspicions/vote and followed that up with a big 'NO U' vote.
Nope.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

It’s sort of funny that we are reading the game identically, same bottom 5, I had most of the opinions before you, but I’m still pinging you.

Not funny in any negative way, quite the opposite actually. It’s sort of charming.

Did you play Dune mafia? I feel like maybe we had a similar dynamic there, but it could have been someone else.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Golden wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:39 am
Take a guess.

All right, thank you.

Nope.
What ?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:43 am It’s sort of funny that we are reading the game identically, same bottom 5, I had most of the opinions before you, but I’m still pinging you.

Not funny in any negative way, quite the opposite actually. It’s sort of charming.

Did you play Dune mafia? I feel like maybe we had a similar dynamic there, but it could have been someone else.
Yes I did and yes it was similar, but I wouldn't say it was how you described my persistent playing of you. It was very good natured ribbing back and forth.

Source: I just read my ISO in that game.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Wow thanks for reminding me about that game in which the town won and my first three scum reads were all correct.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Actually yes I consistently suspected you right throughout the game even though we agreed on basically every read and ended up slaughtering the bad guys with ease after I just decided not to object to you on the last day and voted for your final suspect. Very fun.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

novaselinenever wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:46 am
Take a guess.

All right, thank you.

Nope.
What ?
This stuff about spinning negativity and a straw man. It’s not there. It wasn’t there when LV said it but at least that was a no u.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:53 am Actually yes I consistently suspected you right throughout the game even though we agreed on basically every read and ended up slaughtering the bad guys with ease after I just decided not to object to you on the last day and voted for your final suspect. Very fun.
You and I made a great team that game :p but I miss bea
novaselinenever
Hitman

Golden wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:59 am

Take a guess.

All right, thank you.

Nope.
What ?
This stuff about spinning negativity and a straw man. It’s not there. It wasn’t there when LV said it but at least that was a no u.
Well, I see it there in the way he spins his questions. He even preemptively paint it as unintentional if it's there.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 115

Post by Quin »

im voting colin because i still don't have an answer to as why sloonei's colin vote look bad (it doesn't)
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Quin wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:20 am im voting colin because i still don't have an answer to as why sloonei's colin vote look bad (it doesn't)
Sorry I must have missed where that was questionable?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:29 am
Quin wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:20 am im voting colin because i still don't have an answer to as why sloonei's colin vote look bad (it doesn't)
i wasn't around when it went down to have the same sense of whatevertermyouwouldusetodescribeaneventofsignificanceinthiscontext as everyone else. i'm calling things as i see them and i'm calling that sloonei's vote isn't suspicious and people acting like colin and sloonei are sure things is making me flip out.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

i don't trust golden in this game. gonna expose him as bad real quick brb
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:07 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:11 am Oh, whoops. Keep forgetting these vote tag things.

[VOTE: VOTE: JACKOFHEARTS2005] aubergine
I think your choice to move is daft. You probably caught a bad guy and felt manipulated out of the vote.

My preference for a vote is Sloonei or LC. I think they both are stronger cases than Colin, but Colin is also a good case.
Sloonei and Long Con.
Golden wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:13 pm
Lunalee wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:07 pm
Golden wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:05 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:34 am I just cannot fathom this behavior. What even is this?
It is baddie LC. I feel very confident in it. I've been in disputes like this with LC when I've correctly called him out before.
I'm in for voting LC. I suspected him on day one. With everyone's suspicions, why is no one voting him yet? [VOTE: LongCon] aubergine
I most prefer a sloonei vote right now which is where I sit.
Sloonei before Long Con.
Golden wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:40 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:36 pm
Golden wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:34 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:30 pm
Golden wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:22 pm LC 'I'll call people out for making a statement about me, but it's a waste of time for me to demonstrate they are wrong'.
I don't believe that me finding a game or two when I was Civ and you thought I was bad is going to change anything. I don't have time to go delving into the Museum of Mafioso just so you can stick to your guns.
I don't either, because a 'game or two' is certainly insufficient to demonstrate that 'I'm wrong about you far more than I am right'. It just demonstrated I'm not always right.

I'll cop to that for free. I wasn't playing in the GoC, but if I was, I wouldn't have been calling you out as bad before your slip. I never claim to be always right about you. I'm not even always right about MP, and I read him right nearly every time. But to suggest I don't read you well, generally speaking, is an untruthful suggestion.
I hear what you're saying, but right here, right now, really flies in the face of that belief.
Well we'll see about that. I've always said I need three or four full days to get a handle on you, I haven't had that yet, who knows where I'll be then. I do admit I can see both sides of this one. You are doing some stuff that looks very much like your baddie self, but I'm not going to pretend my opinion is impregnable. You fit least well in to my team of four, and there are aspects of your play that remind me of genuinely frustrated town LC.

If sloonei was lynched and came back bad, I'd certainly have other fish to fry before I came back to you.
Probably not Long Con after Sloonei.
Golden wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:43 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:36 pm
Golden wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:07 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:11 am Oh, whoops. Keep forgetting these vote tag things.

[VOTE: VOTE: JACKOFHEARTS2005] aubergine
I think your choice to move is daft. You probably caught a bad guy and felt manipulated out of the vote.

My preference for a vote is Sloonei or LC. I think they both are stronger cases than Colin, but Colin is also a good case.
Well, it wouldn't be the first time that happened to me. I'm thinking it over.

Explain your thoughts on Colin to me; I'm not totally seeing it.
Weak, poorly explained vote at deadline.
Hasn't defended it well.
Sloonei/colin/luna team fits in particular

What did you think about my 'theory of the game' post?
Lo- oh nvm.
Golden wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:04 am
Dom wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:38 pm Golden, GTH, is LC bad?
Yep. Give me a harder one.

In all fairness my flag is a small flag, but my eye is firmly on him.
Long Con, didn't make the above list.
Golden wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:11 am Sloonei
Colin
LC
Luna (changed read for me)

These four read quite team-compatible to me. Lots of links between their behaviours that could make sense. I’ll elaborate when I get time but generally pressed for time on long explanations right now - but anyone else who feels like grabbing the ball, I think this is a good set of four to examine in the collective.
Long Con, made the list.

also this freaked me out what the HELL
Golden wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:57 pm Quin

Hi man
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 220
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Golden wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:59 am

Take a guess.

All right, thank you.

Nope.
What ?
Wrong, blind, or bad. Not sure which.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

(golden and long con w/w) (would lynch golden first)
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Quin wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:34 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:29 am
i wasn't around when it went down to have the same sense of whatevertermyouwouldusetodescribeaneventofsignificanceinthiscontext as everyone else. i'm calling things as i see them and i'm calling that sloonei's vote isn't suspicious and people acting like colin and sloonei are sure things is making me flip out.
Where did anyone say Sloonei's vote was suspicious? Are you confusing that with Colin's vote?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Quin just to be clear you are calling Golden out on the illogical progression of his read on Long Con going from bad to good to bad with an insignificant explanation as to why?

Return to “Previous Jobs”