Posts in topic: 548
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Ancient Greece Mafia [Day 3]

Post by Sloonei »

wolbre04 wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:00 am
Golden wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:57 am
Dom wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:34 am
Golden wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:52 am
wolbre04 wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:53 am [VOTE: LongCon] aubergine idk why we are going after a wallflower when we have macs hunches still alive :skull:
I don't know why you keep calling them Mac's hunches when I clearly called them out first and Mac followed me. Stuff like this is bothersome in that it could explain Mac's death.

Noone should blindly follow the leads of someone who is dead. That's the way you let mafia control the action. It's great as a mafia to kill a strong town lead and then blindly go down their picks.

I want to see discussion not blind devotion.
to be fair..... it wasn't just you and mac running the show here. ;)

I don't understand why people are voting for choutas. I've never played with them before and they're not striking me as bad.
To be fair - that's sort of my point. Accrediting "Mac" as being the only person who has done anything is bothersome to me.
I'm not just blindly following (and wasn't trying to say no one else did anything - Macs list just stood out in my mind more) but lynching a wallflower who hasn't posted is great if he's mafia but provides almost 0 info either way. The only positiveis a dead maf.
That’s a pretty big positive.

Who do you want to vote for, and dk you have anything to say about the content of choutas’/lunalee’s posts?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 432
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:52 pm I don't like the case for nova right now; reading the thread, it looks like it's based on the whole sig thing, but then why wouldn't people just vote sig? Feels weird to me, but sig doesn't seem like scum either. I don't think using hedge words is necessarily a scum tell, I think some people just talk like that (you might notice I say the word "just" about a thousand times a post, for example.) Nothing after that changed my view of him.

I don't think Epignosis is scum right now. I think he doesn't give a shit, but there's a big difference there. I can't support lynching him.

So as far as people who did ping me ... The case against lunalee was interesting. I really don't like the scenario she outlines where Persians conspire on day 1 to lynch dunya, I don't think it's likely and it seems like big buddying. She kind of reminds me of my scum play in FWWM, possibly acting overly friendly as obfuscation. GTH, scum read right now, and that's the best I can go for.

[VOTE: lunalee] aubergine
he makes a throwaway vote on Luna at EoD, which becomes his undoing. Anyway, in the quote I highlighted, he even lightly defends dunya by vilifying Luna.
This and the first player salad are his only mentions of dunya: ‘I can’t read her’ and ‘I don’t like someone framing dunya’.

Kinda comes out of left field for me, Steve.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 499

Post by Golden »

I actually think dunya is a pretty decent bet for who is bad if Luna is also bad. There was something earlier in the game about them being team compatible.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Scotty
Jeff

Re: Ancient Greece Mafia [Day 2]

Post by Scotty »

dunya wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:48 am I am semi caught up but stuck in meetings with managers all day. I have some thoughts I'll share before end of day I promise.

I have broken the Colin and Sloonei tie. I had day 1 concerns about Sloonei and his ColinIsCool vote. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if it was early distancing masked as a pressure vote on day 1 after everyone questioned him about it.

I have more thoughts about Sloonei I'll share before eod. But for now, I have a bigger scum read on sloonei than Colin.

I have some questions for some Colin votes I'll ask later too.
Yikes. This D2 post looks bad in hindsight, don’t it? Dunya hadn’t mentioned Colin thus far except in context to discounting Sloonei and his “sloppy” voting. Not only that, but when the vote was tied, she had “questions” for some Colin voters. Seems like she was ready to give a big ole talking to them, but couldn’t think of any proper defense of Colin except to slander Sloonei again.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:48 am I actually think dunya is a pretty decent bet for who is bad if Luna is also bad. There was something earlier in the game about them being team compatible.
I think based on my current trajectory of Pringle cans popping, dunya looks bad just in association with Colin, regardless of Luna’s alignment

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:52 am
Golden wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:48 am I actually think dunya is a pretty decent bet for who is bad if Luna is also bad. There was something earlier in the game about them being team compatible.
I think based on my current trajectory of Pringle cans popping, dunya looks bad just in association with Colin, regardless of Luna’s alignment
I agree. What you've said is quite compelling.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

It is the same old story for me today. I have a couple hours free and then I’m off to work until after the deadline. I’ll try to make contributions before I go.

I voted for choutas in hopes that he’d say something about it and we’d get a dialogue going, but that did not happen. At least I don’t see much chatter about his posts.

I could get behind the Lunalee vote, but I still have reservations about her being low-hanging fruit, and Colin did make a big push against her as Scotty is reminding us all. I don’t know why LC has votes at the moment.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:57 am It is the same old story for me today. I have a couple hours free and then I’m off to work until after the deadline. I’ll try to make contributions before I go.

I voted for choutas in hopes that he’d say something about it and we’d get a dialogue going, but that did not happen. At least I don’t see much chatter about his posts.

I could get behind the Lunalee vote, but I still have reservations about her being low-hanging fruit, and Colin did make a big push against her as Scotty is reminding us all. I don’t know why LC has votes at the moment.
For the love of god do a LC/Colin interaction if you do nothing else.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Golden wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:59 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:57 am It is the same old story for me today. I have a couple hours free and then I’m off to work until after the deadline. I’ll try to make contributions before I go.

For the love of god do a LC/Colin interaction if you do nothing else.
That does seem like the next logical step for me. First I need breakfast
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

dunya wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:17 pm
Kylemii wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:15 pm also what was a game Colin played recently that i was in
Fire Emblem, he was mislynched, he was town.
Subtly defending by not just answering the question, but including the fact that he was mislynched, and oh bye the way, if you didn’t know, when someone is mislynched, they’re pretty farking town m8.
dunya wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:26 pm Colin has three posts since Day 2 started and not 1very convincing. not 1 post addressing issues against him, not 1 post leading towards a better lynch. I remember town Colin in FE flipping shit when he was being wrongly accused. Not sure if I like this.
Well, time to flip the script. He isn’t defending himself, so her defense won’t help one bit, will it? Jumps on the train.
dunya wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:31 pm @ColinIsCool - moving my vote to Colin. Sorry I couldn't have been here when the drama was happening, but I'm comfortable with Colin being lynched today.
What drama was happening? What does that have to do with Colin?
At this point, the day is over in an hour and a half, Colin is already the bygone choice in the lynch, and dunya, after jumping on and realizing Colin hasn’t been playing his part, decides to pile on as if she’s gotten here organically.

This isn’t conclusive but I see a bright shining world where dunya is Persian and we overthrow her
[VOTE: dunya] aubergine

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dunya is certainly a more compelling lynch than Choutas. I'd put her on my shortlist of potential voting today.

Now go check LC, scotty.
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 143
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

colonialbob wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:19 am
Choutas wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:26 am What happens if all hellenic league members side with Persía? Wouldn't it unbalance the game or to put much clearer wouldn't it break it.
Choutas is civ stop voting him plz
[mention]Sloonei[/mention]
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

[VOTE: lunalee] aubergine
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

colonialbob wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:13 pm
Choutas wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:26 am What happens if all hellenic league members side with Persía? Wouldn't it unbalance the game or to put much clearer wouldn't it break it.
Sloonei
Why do you feel this way?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

colonialbob wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:14 pm [VOTE: lunalee] aubergine
And why this? What do you think of what scotty is saying in his most recent posts?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Long Con and Colin:
Long Con wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:34 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:18 pm Not gonna repeat myself. Busy, sorry. Check ISO.

Nova, townish. Epi, sig, town. Those were my reads. Again, check ISO.
I don't like the Colin push. I think it looks more like people jabbing a frightened animal with a long stick than real baddie hunting.
Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:40 am
Turnip Head wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:20 am I feel bad for Colin... voting off wagon at the end of a close lynch isn't a great look but I'm pretty sure I've done it before. I've also regretted voting on a wagon just to make my vote count for something.
Well said, that's pretty much how I feel about the Colin Situation.
Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:58 am
Dom wrote:
MacDougall wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:01 am Anyone with suspicion of Colin, pile votes onto him now. I have an idea.
:shrug:

[VOTE: ColinisCool] aubergine
Wow you are definitely bad.
Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:47 am Not really sold on Colin, I think he will end up being lynched and a Civ. A lot of that is based on my dubiousness around the broad assault on him for things I don't really see as baddie-indicative.

Lunalee, maybe. I have no real issue with her being bad.

Sloonei... Mac seems to be on fire this game, and have a really solid footing from which to judge people, so his case on Sloonei is probably really good. I could follow a Sloonei vote. He also wants people to vote for Colin, but I am not sure what his endgame is there.
Hahahahahaha that last post I highlighted: “Mac has been spot on with his reads all game, so we should probably follow his case on Sloonei...also he reads Colin bad, I’m not sure what his motive is there...”
:haha:

Oh come on, that’s blatantly hypocritical and it’s not even close.

LC looks bad. Good call, Golden

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I could vote for either dunya or LC today. We could go the LC route since most people already have that inclination. I said it before, but I feel like one of MP/LC was bad, but not both. And I’m confident LC will come up rotten peaches

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:23 pm Long Con and Colin:
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:18 pm Not gonna repeat myself. Busy, sorry. Check ISO.

I don't like the Colin push. I think it looks more like people jabbing a frightened animal with a long stick than real baddie hunting.
Turnip Head wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:20 am I feel bad for Colin... voting off wagon at the end of a close lynch isn't a great look but I'm pretty sure I've done it before. I've also regretted voting on a wagon just to make my vote count for something.
Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:58 am
Dom wrote:
MacDougall wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:01 am Anyone with suspicion of Colin, pile votes onto him now. I have an idea.
:shrug:

[VOTE: ColinisCool] aubergine
Wow you are definitely bad.
Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:47 am Not really sold on Colin, I think he will end up being lynched and a Civ. A lot of that is based on my dubiousness around the broad assault on him for things I don't really see as baddie-indicative.

Sloonei... Mac seems to be on fire this game, and have a really solid footing from which to judge people, so his case on Sloonei is probably really good. I could follow a Sloonei vote. He also wants people to vote for Colin, but I am not sure what his endgame is there.
Hahahahahaha that last post I highlighted: “Mac has been spot on with his reads all game, so we should probably follow his case on Sloonei...also he reads Colin bad, I’m not sure what his motive is there...”
:haha:

Oh come on, that’s blatantly hypocritical and it’s not even close.

LC looks bad. Good call, Golden
I have been asking people to look at this for a long time now. His Colin content is really really really really bad.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

The carousel continues..

[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 104

Post by Spacedaisy »

So I am working on my catchup, but I'm also keeping up with the new posts and this last thing with LC seems pretty damning. I have yet to come across the dunya case. But I'm going to go ahead and [VOTE: Long Con] aubergine
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Whoa, also lunalee has 4 votes? What is the case there?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:31 pm Whoa, also lunalee has 4 votes? What is the case there?
If LC turns out bad, I'd bank on it... but if LC flips good, I'd think twice.

In any event I currently think LC or dunya are the more compelling options today.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 666

Post by dunya »

Scotty wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:51 am
dunya wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:48 am I am semi caught up but stuck in meetings with managers all day. I have some thoughts I'll share before end of day I promise.

I have broken the Colin and Sloonei tie. I had day 1 concerns about Sloonei and his ColinIsCool vote. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if it was early distancing masked as a pressure vote on day 1 after everyone questioned him about it.

I have more thoughts about Sloonei I'll share before eod. But for now, I have a bigger scum read on sloonei than Colin.

I have some questions for some Colin votes I'll ask later too.
Yikes. This D2 post looks bad in hindsight, don’t it? Dunya hadn’t mentioned Colin thus far except in context to discounting Sloonei and his “sloppy” voting. Not only that, but when the vote was tied, she had “questions” for some Colin voters. Seems like she was ready to give a big ole talking to them, but couldn’t think of any proper defense of Colin except to slander Sloonei again.
at this point, I broke the tie with a Sloonei vote ftr, not Colin.

I changed my vote to Colin later.

sorry, just got back to my hotel. catching up before a dinner meeting.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Golden wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:32 pm In any event I currently think LC or dunya are the more compelling options today.
save me some reading pls, I'm on limited time. why?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:31 pm Whoa, also lunalee has 4 votes? What is the case there?
The most recent stand out reason

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

dunya wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:34 pm
Golden wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:32 pm In any event I currently think LC or dunya are the more compelling options today.
I made an ISO of your interactions with Colin and they look not so palatable

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty did an interactive analysis of you with colin and it doesn't look great. Iso scotty and look at his more recent posts and you'll find the stuff.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:35 pm
Scotty did an interactive analysis of you with colin and it doesn't look great. Iso scotty and look at his more recent posts and you'll find the stuff.
echoechoechoechoecho

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 207

Post by speedchuck »

My townread on him has wilted and died
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Scotty wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:05 pm Subtly defending by not just answering the question, but including the fact that he was mislynched, and oh bye the way, if you didn’t know, when someone is mislynched, they’re pretty farking town m8.
:rolleyes: i meant to say, he was town, he was mislynched. Phone posting isn't easy.
Scotty wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:05 pm Well, time to flip the script. He isn’t defending himself, so her defense won’t help one bit, will it? Jumps on the train.
yea, I don't have time till May 4th except to jump on bandwagons. I've said that since before the game started. This isn't how I play mafia, but it's the best I can do in the circumstances.
Scotty wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:05 pm What drama was happening? What does that have to do with Colin?
At this point, the day is over in an hour and a half, Colin is already the bygone choice in the lynch, and dunya, after jumping on and realizing Colin hasn’t been playing his part, decides to pile on as if she’s gotten here organically.
I can't defend myself because my posts seem out of context and they are out of context. I haven't had time to play mafia, sorry guys, but I promise I'm trying to be as good a town contributor as I can with the limited time I have.

Keep me around till May 4th and I promise I'll be more helpful. At the moment, I'm basically an extra town vote and that's not half bad either.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

My reasoning for why Lunalee is suspicious
It starts with those post in which MP sees her as suspicious and I bring up LC.
Golden wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:33 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:32 pm
Golden wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:29 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:27 pm I'll check out this Dom/sig thing now, but I still sort of want to lynch Lunalee. Other input would be welcome.
Are you being overly sensitive to taking suspicion?
No, read what I've said.
I'm catching up.

Not that I'm interested in voting for anyone I haven't played with before, so this is just to assess your perspective rather than to join you.

In the mean time, I think others should assess LC. I might just put my vote there for now.

Not but a few posts later, suddenly this happens out of the blue, no previous context to it.
Lunalee wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:45 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:26 pm
Lunalee wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:23 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:06 pm Hmmm... I'm not sure I'm digging what Lunalee is throwing down.

Lunalee, why is dunya genuine exactly? You keep emphasizing that ad nauseum, but Golden, Mac, and I have put as much into the thread as she has, and at some point you even said you didn't buy what I was saying. Explain.

I'm moving my vote there now until I get a response upon which I can reassess.
Dunya has posted a lot. And of what I've read, I see nothing that makes me think she's not legit trying to find baddies.

Golden, Mac, and yourself have put effort into the thread, but I mean, Golden kind of agrees with me:
Golden wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:03 pm And am I finding MP shady as shit? I probably wouldn't go quite that far... but he's jumping out of his skin to make reads that aren't there, so certainly suspectable.
This doesn't answer my question, sorry.

Let me explain:

As of this moment, Golden is the top poster with 142 posts. I have 120. dunya has 87. Scotty has 86. Sloonei has 77. Mac has 76. You get the idea. dunya is not a sole beacon of effort this game.

Consequently, your read that dunya's effort is leading you to a solid town read of her is confusing to me, especially when you're apparently reading me as shady. Why am I shady? Why don't you have town reads of anyone else in that list?
I realize that dunya is not the sole beacon of effort in this game. You guys have been posting a lot, but I don't really care about post counts. My opinion of dunya is based on the fact that her posts seem to be genuinely helpful for analyzing the game.

As I'm reviewing posts to put my opinion of you and Golden into words, I've found that you seem to be patting each other on the back with town-reads. Just looks a bit suspicious for Golden to "confirm" you as a town read on multiple posts.

I don't have reads of anyone else in that list because right now because I feel like any read I put out is based off minimal data. I'll offer a read if something sticks out to me.
Lunalee wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:47 pm So yeah, I've convinced myself to change my vote to Golden.
(and Luna voted me).

She points out LC's bizarre logical fallacy
Lunalee wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:57 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:52 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:46 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:44 pm The thing about sig is, I'm not voting for him. The thing about Epi is, I can't read him for shit, but I'm not going to throw a vote at him for a possible mislynch, or more likely, a wasted vote when he decides he doesn't feel like being lynched and makes you all vote somewhere else.
Hey LC, do you have any notable reads other than dunya? And what specifically in her post history is what led you to not believe her; like, if you were trying to convince me that she's bad news, what would should I consider then?
Nothing that big. I was getting suspicious of Golden there, and I can't decide if I should let it go.
Then again, now Luna is voting for him, and her judgment in voting me was off.
But a person's entitled to make mistakes.

I'm not that suspicious of most others, lots of my reading has been hasty catchup over thoughtful analysis.

I don't understand the nova thing, it seems like randomness.
Your logical fallacy here is cracking me up. :haha:
The on day 2, AFTER I called out a sloonei/colin/LC/luna scum team, this happens:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:07 pm
Golden wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:05 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:34 am I just cannot fathom this behavior. What even is this?
It is baddie LC. I feel very confident in it. I've been in disputes like this with LC when I've correctly called him out before.
I'm in for voting LC. I suspected him on day one. With everyone's suspicions, why is no one voting him yet? [VOTE: LongCon] aubergine
(no record of suspecting LC day one). Followed by:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:54 pm I'm still not happy with my current vote on LongCon. Golden, you're posts are looking pretty solid to me. I think I'm going to hop over to sloonei
[VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine
With no intervening retraction of her suspicion on me.

So she went from suspecting me to being fully on board with two of my scum team right after I put her on a team with them... and went from LC (who she thought was bad day one) to sloonei (because she wasn't happy with an LC vote).
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Honestly I think that's enough to lynch Luna on if LC comes back bad.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:18 pm
Sloonei
If he's mafia, he's not going to announce that to the thread, he's gonna put that in baddie chat to try and get all 3 league members to side with mafia.

If he's a league member, he's gonna ask that on league chat.

Ergo, town.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

colonialbob wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:45 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:18 pm
Sloonei
If he's mafia, he's not going to announce that to the thread, he's gonna put that in baddie chat to try and get all 3 league members to side with mafia.

If he's a league member, he's gonna ask that on league chat.

Ergo, town.
I agree with this actually. Finally I have a read on Choutas. Previously my read was just that he was a bad lynch, now it's that he's actually town!
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

dunya wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:42 pm
Scotty wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:05 pm Subtly defending by not just answering the question, but including the fact that he was mislynched, and oh bye the way, if you didn’t know, when someone is mislynched, they’re pretty farking town m8.
:rolleyes: i meant to say, he was town, he was mislynched. Phone posting isn't easy.
also, that WASN'T a Colin defence. that was actually the opposite of a Colin defence. I was saying in FE he flipped shit when he was town and being accused and on his way to being lynched; here, he kind of threw the towel in.
wolbre04
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 345

Post by wolbre04 »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:42 am
wolbre04 wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:00 am
Golden wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:57 am
Dom wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:34 am
Golden wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:52 am
wolbre04 wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:53 am [VOTE: LongCon] aubergine idk why we are going after a wallflower when we have macs hunches still alive :skull:
I don't know why you keep calling them Mac's hunches when I clearly called them out first and Mac followed me. Stuff like this is bothersome in that it could explain Mac's death.

Noone should blindly follow the leads of someone who is dead. That's the way you let mafia control the action. It's great as a mafia to kill a strong town lead and then blindly go down their picks.

I want to see discussion not blind devotion.
to be fair..... it wasn't just you and mac running the show here. ;)

I don't understand why people are voting for choutas. I've never played with them before and they're not striking me as bad.
To be fair - that's sort of my point. Accrediting "Mac" as being the only person who has done anything is bothersome to me.
I'm not just blindly following (and wasn't trying to say no one else did anything - Macs list just stood out in my mind more) but lynching a wallflower who hasn't posted is great if he's mafia but provides almost 0 info either way. The only positiveis a dead maf.
That’s a pretty big positive.

Who do you want to vote for, and dk you have anything to say about the content of choutas’/lunalee’s posts?
Well sure as hell not Choutas lol as he hasn't done anything at all this game
Luna, LC are my priorities to get lynched as I feel they're tied
ImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:19 pm
colonialbob wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:14 pm [VOTE: lunalee] aubergine
And why this? What do you think of what scotty is saying in his most recent posts?
He's making good points. Haven't had time to read his LC/Colin post yet (which is after the post I'm replying to anyway). But my impression is he still leans bad on lunalee.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Scotty wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:34 pm
Ah, I see. Yeah it does look bad. Like Goldenthough, I might find this more compelling if LC flips bad. Is that all there is on her? Also, how does luna usually play? I've never been in a game with her.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:48 pm
Ah, I see. Yeah it does look bad. Like Goldenthough, I might find this more compelling if LC flips bad. Is that all there is on her? Also, how does luna usually play? I've never been in a game with her.
She's never been bad, so we really don't know how she'd play it.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

dunya wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:47 pm
also, that WASN'T a Colin defence. that was actually the opposite of a Colin defence. I was saying in FE he flipped shit when he was town and being accused and on his way to being lynched; here, he kind of threw the towel in.
Nonono you said that later. Before that, in this contextual instance, someone just asked the last game he played, and you listed it, reminding us that he was mislynched, as town.

It’s something very minor tho

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I saw the Luna post that Scotty quoted. I could see Luna being scum, even though I don't have any experience with scum luna meta, but I don't see that post as an indication of being LC scummate? I really don't have time to see exactly when it happened but if it happened during the Colin/Sloonei tie time then she could have been trying to save Colin by placing a vote on Sloonei and forgot what she had said about LC.

I'm actually more inclined to vote Luna today than LC.

(I say that because I haven't looked into LC in depth yet and I'm lazy. I wake up at 7am and have a 2 hour lunch then finished work at 5.15pm then have another meeting in an hour over dinner. fuck my life atm).
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Scotty wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:03 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:47 pm
Nonono you said that later. Before that, in this contextual instance, someone just asked the last game he played, and you listed it, reminding us that he was mislynched, as town.

It’s something very minor tho
it doesn't matter if it was later, I was reading up and making notes and deciding which way I wanted to vote. I was already looking to see why Colin and why Sloonei. and why not Colin and why not Sloonei.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

why is [mention]Marmot[/mention] voting Turnip Head?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Ancient Greece Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Sloonei »

I wanted to refresh myself on Colin's post interacting with LC. There weren't any.

So LC & Colin it is:
Long Con wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:01 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:29 pm lapluie has made one post and it's not substantive. Busy, or lurking?

Question for the thread: do you think that posting activity is often alignment indicative, and if so, in what circumstances? We had a bit of debate over this in FE but I'd like to hear more about it now considering we have a lot of high-level posters butting heads.
No, I don't think so.
A very nondescript response to Colin's question about Day 1 activity. This tells me nothing.

I remember reading this post and it prompted me to reiterate Colin's mafia background. This read like LC was resisting the Colin push on the grounds that Colin was a new player and the pressure on him was somehow unfair. Colin's not a new player, he's just new to the Syndicate. In hindsight this is not a flattering look for LC, although based on the ISOs I did yesterday I am forced to wonder if Colin was seen as worth saving by his partners. This would be a pretty bold step in that direction. LC is not afraid to be a bold baddie.
More of the same.

I just puked all over myself. brb cleaning up. "Not really sold on Colin" is weaker language than he'd previously used to defend Colin, as if it's an attempt to show a thought process that's not really there. Then a shrug at lunalee and an awkward contradictory position on the argument of Sloonei v Colin. He supports the case against me entirely on the strength of Mac's play, but then expresses doubts about the case against Colin due to... doubts about Mac's "end game". What? What is Mac's end game if not "lynching baddies", considering one sentence earlier you were willing to follow his vote and he seemed "on fire"? I do not like this post and I can vote for LC based solely off of this.
Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:43 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:40 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:07 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:55 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:26 pm Read Golden's case against me on the last page, and his posts that followed the lynch, and ask yourself, "Does this [the case against Colin] make any sense?"

I'm interested in hearing your answers.
It does make some sense. You voting off-wagon while 3 people are almost tied for the lynch and 1 vote can change everything is suspicious to say the least. It's the bad kind of suspicious.

It doesn't matter how weak the cases against Sig, Epi and me are, I don't believe that after all that happened today you didn't have any read on us three. In the case, you read both 3 of us as Town, you could have voted for your weakest Town read to try to save the two others that you read strongly as Town. You didn't even attempt that and just took the easy way out.

So yeah, you voting off wagon in such a crucial time is bad and Golden's case has merits. This is something a player with inside information (scum) would do since they would know who would flip Town and thus not participate so late in a mislynch to avoid scrutinization.
So I avoided scrutinization by doing something that is more likely to get scrutinized? Not following here. Isn't it scummier to just jump on an easy wagon and parrot some BS reason that somebody else said than to actually try and hold someone different up to a light?
Why are you concerned with what is perceived as scummy?
Don't like this but ok I'll wait for Colin to respond.
Keeping that open mind. There's then a few back-and-forth posts with MP about Colin that don't really add anything new. Then this:
Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:01 am MP, you are The Straw Man right now.

You take Colin's post and frame it as "he's concerned with what's perceived as scummy" when that's not accurate. Colin was responding to what someone else said looks scummy, so the subject was brought to him, and he responded to it. Your interpretation ignores that and puts up the straw man to beat on: Colin, the Guy Who Is Concerned With What Looks Scummy.

If you had, for example, asked lunalee the exact same question when she literally told Spacedaisy to be careful about being perceived as scummy, then it would have been so very legit. Here, not so much.

You take my post and frame it as "You think nightkill analysis is pointless", and proceed to loosely imply some sort of hypocrisy. But I never said I think nightkill analysis is pointless, I said Golden's "rank my five possibilities" exercise is pointless busy work. You took what I really said, and stuff it into the straw man of "LC considers NK analysis pointless", and throw it out there for people to take swings at.

That makes you a two-time Straw Man Sinner, and my new top suspect.

Keep it honest.

[VOTE: M plus 7] aubergine
He takes MP's pressuring of Colin and turns it into a case on MP. If LC is Colin's partner then he's put all his eggs in the Save Colin basket and is trying to spin it against one of Colin's most vocal opponents. This remains a bold strategy, but it also remains LC. I could still see this as teammate interaction, though it should be noted that it does not have to be. I am missing a lot of the context of this MP vote, I think, so I can't say much about it beyond what I see in the vacuum of Colin interactions. They then get into a long argument over this case that I'm not going to repeat here because that would be godawful.
Long Con wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:31 am He explained that he wanted to lynch Colin. That's the plan.
I think he's talking about Mac's master plan here, but I'm not sure and I don't really know what this post means but Colin's name is in it so I'm posting it here.
Long Con wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:14 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:10 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:07 pm I fully subscribe to the idea that Sloonei is Indy with wolbre, for the record.

On one hand, I don't think he's the ideal lynch target for that, and on the other hand, the realistic expectation that he'll join the baddies says to lynch him.

I hope that all the Sloonei voters are coming from a similar perspective.
What are you gonna do about it?
My main thought is to try to vote to save my own life, if necessary. I would rather see Colin lynched over Sloonei because everyone's so sure he's bad and I'd rather lynch a Persian than an Indy. I'd vote for Dom or Golden if anyone wants to go there.

Otherwise, I kind of did what I was going to do about it in the post you quoted. :shrug: Like... talk about it and address his voters about it.
:ponder: Now he prefers to lynch Colin over me. This is getting to be later in the day, when I believe votes were shifting more heavily against Colin, but I feel like there might have been a bit more effort to push my lynch from Colin's devoted partner. This post is a sharp departure from LC's earlier stance on Colin, where he was fully supportive. It's possible he was just reading the writing on the wall, but after putting all of his eggs in the Save Colin basket, he's already incriminated himself quite a bit. To back out here is an odd move. If anything I've read in LC's ISO gives me pause, it's this.
Long Con wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:21 pm Just for the record I'm at work now, I'll just leave my vote where it is since the masses are going to decide anyway and it's going to be Colin clearly.
Alright yeah, that's the tone of resignation I'd expect from a Persian who just fought to save and unsaveable teammate.
Long Con wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:22 am
Golden wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:15 am People should read Long Con's iso.

He doesn't like the Colin push, he's on Epi for a Sloonei vote, his interactions with sloonei are worth a close look generally actually.

He just dismisses the sig and epi suspicion with a wave of his hand and stays out of it.

And in particular his 'straw man' attack on MP reads very strongly like a Colin defence at this point. Image
Yeah, I was a big Colin defender. It's funny, when I knew he was going to be lynched, I was like... if he turns up Civ I'll look bad like I *knew* he was Civ, and if he's bad then I'll look bad like I was a teammate defending him. Why don't you do some of your famous research and find out how much I defend my teammates when bad.
This is post-flip and, while it's not a bad point, there's too much WIFOM here and I can't drink it all myself, even if it's my birthday.

After I did my first wave of interactive analyses, LC responded with some follow-up cases against nova and dunya, pointing to dunya as the stronger candidate of the two. I think this is noteworthy since Scotty's more recent digging has pointed to LC or dunya.

Dunya case
Nova case

It is too early to comment on the relationship between LC/dunya/nova, but this is definitely something to look into now and in the future. I would not be surprised if at least one is bad.

I can put a vote on LC today.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:49 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:48 pm
She's never been bad, so we really don't know how she'd play it.
I’ve never played with her.

Check out this post she made in D2:
Speedchuck gave me some advice last game I played that it is more useful to town to analyze posts and scum hunt than repeatedly defend ones self. That is what I'm trying to do. And yes, I do realize the irony of this comment, but just wanted to throw that out.
Is that a post that a baddie would make? Maybe. Maybe not. I still haven’t got a grasp of her as a player- and we won’t know until she gets a scum role. But she seems pretty honest.

As devil’s advocate, even though I’ve been painting her bad in my mind since D1, her reads have been fluctuating. Call it opportunism or dynamic viewpoints, but I think that’s a sign of someone that is hunting, even if she’s not always putting all the transitions into her thoughts from post to post.

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dunya/LC team seems unlikely to me. I don't see the value in LC reaching that conclusion when dunya had no heat and wasn't evidently going to get any, if they were teammates.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

dunya wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:06 pm I saw the Luna post that Scotty quoted. I could see Luna being scum, even though I don't have any experience with scum luna meta, but I don't see that post as an indication of being LC scummate? I really don't have time to see exactly when it happened but if it happened during the Colin/Sloonei tie time then she could have been trying to save Colin by placing a vote on Sloonei and forgot what she had said about LC.

I'm actually more inclined to vote Luna today than LC.

(I say that because I haven't looked into LC in depth yet and I'm lazy. I wake up at 7am and have a 2 hour lunch then finished work at 5.15pm then have another meeting in an hour over dinner. fuck my life atm).
Check out LC and Colin then when you have some more downtime. It’s like an episode of Black Miror.

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:13 pmAs devil’s advocate, even though I’ve been painting her bad in my mind since D1, her reads have been fluctuating. Call it opportunism or dynamic viewpoints, but I think that’s a sign of someone that is hunting, even if she’s not always putting all the transitions into her thoughts from post to post.
This could definitely be true...

But her push for me came JUST after I voted LC. There is also the little matter of Colin voting for her. For me, if LC is bad, the links to both baddies are definitely there and I don't think they are easily ignored.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

My biggest beef when I ISO'd dunya was that her Colin interactions were surprisingly light. I attributed that to her travels and lightness of activity in general after Day 1. As it is, I didn't come away with a very strong sense of where dunya stood on things during yesterday's lynch. [mention]dunya[/mention] if you're able to, could you explain in more detail what your thoughts were on me and Colin throughout Day 2?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[VOTE: dunya] aubergine for the sake of keeping our options open in the poll
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”