My name is Jordon Quickbottom.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 377
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Night 2

Post by juliets »

I just read through Jack's ISO and though there were lots of jokey posts there were also posts with content. I couldn't fine anything that made me suspicious and I agree with one of his good reads, Luna. Anyone want to speak to signs of bad Jack?

Also, in reading Jack I noticed that timmer had made a point about Soneji that I brought up in my summary of why I was voting for him. Sorry timmer I should have credited you but I had forgotten you had made the point.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 376

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 2

Post by ColinIsCool »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:30 pm juliets is a tough nut to crack. I am sensing something wrong, but I cannot readily describe what it is.
She seems a little more interested in defending herself than I remember.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:57 pm A fond EOD letter from JaggedJimmyJay to you,

Hello, dear friend. It would appear that you and I are once again engaged in Mafia combat (or perhaps this is the first time? Well met!) As the game is played, so must we turn hateful eyes against one another, and lose our humanity in a mindless bloodbath all for the sake of brief psychological stimulation. Please, friend, understand that no matter how cruel I sound, or how arrogant my words, or how distant my emotion -- I love you. I have since the start. The world has funneled us into this bizarre electronic communication arena wherein we may exercise our like passions in concert. It is a beautiful opportunity, and I am forever grateful to share it with you.
It may have more to do with the alcohol I drank last night, but while reading this post my head and chest got that rollercoaster-flying-maybe-about-to-puke feeling and it still hasn’t stopped.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 128
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

i also dislike jay's names

i might as well be sig at that point
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:00 pm For the remainder of the game:

ColinIsCool = Cornelius
DharmaHelper = Dennis
insertnamehere = Isaiah
Kylemii = Kevin

Bullzeye = Bucky
Epignosis = Earnest
Glorfindel = Georgio
Sloonei = Stanley
poutanko = Penelope

juliets = Janet
Long Con = Lorenzo
Lunalee = Lisa
MacDougall = Mark
nutella = Nancy
Quin = Qasim

Jackofhearts2005 = Jordan
karavalenge = Karen
sprityo = Sid
timmer = Theodore
But ... my name is my name ... and it exists in HP canon :ponder:
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Okay, now that I’m caught up, USE THE FUCKING REZZES TONIGHT
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 648
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Bad Jack signs are mostly these ones.

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I look exactly like Harry Potter irl when I shave, wear glasses and suck in my gut.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:59 am Bad Jack signs are mostly these ones.

hahaha
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1042

Post by DharmaHelper »

Gonna be a mostly focused on reading back sort of day for ya boi. Don't expect too much in the way of replies
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 128
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:54 am

ColinIsCool = Cornelius
DharmaHelper = Dennis
insertnamehere = Isaiah
Kylemii = Kevin

Bullzeye = Bucky
Epignosis = Earnest
Glorfindel = Georgio
Sloonei = Stanley
poutanko = Penelope

juliets = Janet
Long Con = Lorenzo
Lunalee = Lisa
MacDougall = Mark
nutella = Nancy
Quin = Qasim

karavalenge = Karen
sprityo = Sid
timmer = Theodore
But ... my name is my name ... and it exists in HP canon :ponder:
your name is my name
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 155
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

juliets wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:42 am I just read through Jack's ISO and though there were lots of jokey posts there were also posts with content. I couldn't fine anything that made me suspicious and I agree with one of his good reads, Luna. Anyone want to speak to signs of bad Jack?

Also, in reading Jack I noticed that timmer had made a point about Soneji that I brought up in my summary of why I was voting for him. Sorry timmer I should have credited you but I had forgotten you had made the point.
Jack is kind of like McDougall or turnip head to me, liking to do whatever the hell they want and then suddenly pulling a one-eighty and laying down some sick Mafia insight and catching Baddies. During that IDGAF time, it's hard for me to alignment read them, mostly they just look bad to me but I know that's just their schtick.

I forget his Luna opinion, when you say it's one of his Good reads, do you mean it's a civ read or it's a really good Mafia read?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Long Con wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:31 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:42 am I just read through Jack's ISO and though there were lots of jokey posts there were also posts with content. I couldn't fine anything that made me suspicious and I agree with one of his good reads, Luna. Anyone want to speak to signs of bad Jack?

Jack is kind of like McDougall or turnip head to me, liking to do whatever the hell they want and then suddenly pulling a one-eighty and laying down some sick Mafia insight and catching Baddies. During that IDGAF time, it's hard for me to alignment read them, mostly they just look bad to me but I know that's just their schtick.

I forget his Luna opinion, when you say it's one of his Good reads, do you mean it's a civ read or it's a really good Mafia read?
Thanks for the insight. I meant he reads her as civ as do I at the moment, notwithstanding her Owner and Epi are scum teammates comment that I disagree with.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I just re-read timmer and found a couple of things about Luna like her Kyle slip opinion (though she kinda backed off that) and timmer's questions about her Bullz vote/not vote that I don't see an answer to. I need to re-evaluate my statement above that she is good by re-reading her which may not happen today.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 638
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I have no time this phase to play. Here are some suspects to chew on: Isaiah, Kevin, Mark, Qasim, Sid, Stanley
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:38 pm I have no time this phase to play. Here are some suspects to chew on: Isaiah, Kevin, Mark, Qasim, Sid, Stanley
I'm literally not ever going to care about the fake name shit.

ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:39 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:38 pm I have no time this phase to play. Here are some suspects to chew on: Isaiah, Kevin, Mark, Qasim, Sid, Stanley
That's very disappointing, Dennis. I only did it for your sake.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Just brining this forward to the current page so we can see who Jay is talking about.

ColinIsCool = Cornelius
DharmaHelper = Dennis
insertnamehere = Isaiah
Kylemii = Kevin

Bullzeye = Bucky
Epignosis = Earnest
Glorfindel = Georgio
Sloonei = Stanley
poutanko = Penelope

juliets = Janet
Long Con = Lorenzo
Lunalee = Lisa
MacDougall = Mark
nutella = Nancy
Quin = Qasim

karavalenge = Karen
sprityo = Sid
timmer = Theodore

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Oh sorry its already on this page. whoops!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Seriously gang, I only mean to have a little fun and make myself chuckle. Life is a bit of a dead fog otherwise. If it's confusing or annoying I will stop though.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:55 pm Seriously gang, I only mean to have a little fun and make myself chuckle. Life is a bit of a dead fog otherwise. If it's confusing or annoying I will stop though.
However you get your rocks off you sicko.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:55 pm Seriously gang, I only mean to have a little fun and make myself chuckle. Life is a bit of a dead fog otherwise. If it's confusing or annoying I will stop though.
You could use it but if one of us says "Jay wtf is that" maybe you could tell us. I hate to put a damper on anyone's fun.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:25 pm I changed my vote to Colin for now.
I'm curious as to why, would you share? Also, do you still suspect Lunalee? I don't expect you to answer at night but maybe when Day 3 comes around you would.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 182
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

I have a commitment soon so I'm just posting the name of dead people and making the new poll.

Results of abilities and House Cup results will come after I return.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 182
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Night 2

juliets (Hogwarts Student), kylemii (Hogwarts Student) and insertnamehere (New Death Eater) were killed during the night.

speedchuck replaced Bullzeye

Day 3 Begins!
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 307

Post by Lunalee »

juliets wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:32 pm I just re-read timmer and found a couple of things about Luna like her Kyle slip opinion (though she kinda backed off that) and timmer's questions about her Bullz vote/not vote that I don't see an answer to. I need to re-evaluate my statement above that she is good by re-reading her which may not happen today.
let me know if you have any questions!
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Lunalee wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:40 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:32 pm I just re-read timmer and found a couple of things about Luna like her Kyle slip opinion (though she kinda backed off that) and timmer's questions about her Bullz vote/not vote that I don't see an answer to. I need to re-evaluate my statement above that she is good by re-reading her which may not happen today.
let me know if you have any questions!
linki: RIP Juliets :(
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

:omg: speed is back!
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 421

Post by speedchuck »

I'm back, baby. Good thing I put that Horcrux in Bullzeye.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 421

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 3

Post by speedchuck »

Vigs are on point this game.

I've been keeping up with the reading, but haven't been as intense about it. Still have a lingering Nutella and Glorfindel suspicion that I need to clean up today.

In the middle of character creation for a new game, so it might take a bit.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 879

Post by nutella »

Oh wow I was wrong about all three of those people. RIP juliets and kyle, bye baddie inh!
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

nutella wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:51 pm Oh wow I was wrong about all three of those people. RIP juliets and kyle, bye baddie inh!
I was right about inh! :D
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 54
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

loud frowning
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 54
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

at least i didn't bother to catch up haha
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Damn, whoever the vig is has been killing it.

Rezzers, though ... c’mon. We talked about this.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Yooo the mafia are getting stomped on this game lol.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

but why???? rezz please

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Trust in the salad. :beer:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

So I don’t know if I’ll have time to do it but a good game to look at scum INH for may be U-Pick. He wasn’t terribly active there but we may be able to gleam how he treated teammates there/other parallels.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I’m gonna do full interactive reads later when I can, just because [mention]poutanko[/mention] questioned my greatness.

For now thoughI remember INH smearing Owner in a way that may bode well for Sloonei.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Context: INH and Elo are teammates. Provides a wishy-washy non-read but steers away from her lynch.
insertnamehere wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 3:32 pm OK, now I'm "caught up" on whatever this game is. As I said earlier, Daisy seems genuine to me, and the case against her feels weeeak. Elo is someone who I find damn hard to read, and I'm not sure whether I should trust the people who say she's betraying her town meta or the people who say she's fitting into her town meta. Prolly not gonna vote for her. I might just help Marmot or Epi fulfill their dreams of being lynched. It's nice to try and help someone with a vote instead of hurting them.

ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Teammates with Lilefer; similar non-read:
insertnamehere wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:41 pm
sig wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:27 pm I must be off for the night but I'll pop in later. [VOTE: INH] aubergine

I gave my reasoning for this earlier, don't plan to leave my vote here but who knows?

@insertnamehere Can you explain your votes?

Do you have a specific quibble with the reasonings I gave for my votes, or is it just that you think context makes them look bad? I already explained my votes, and I'm happy to detail my reasoning further, but if people think that the context of the game trumps and inherent value my reasoning might have, there's not a lot I can say.

Three people had a bunch of votes on Day 2: Lilfer, Kyle, and Sprit. I thought Kyle seemed genuine, and I didn't really have strong feelings about the other two, so I randomized and got Sprit.

For Day 4, I thought Stumpignosis' case against Lapluie made sense.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

There is another post where he comments on a point Elo makes. Extremely limited sample size, but INH appeared to avoid committing to thoughts on his teammates there and did not attempt to distance by pointing out scummy behavior from them; rather he built or supported cases against people he knew not to be on his team.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:39 pm
Shut up, Dennis.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 402
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

[VOTE: poutanko] aubergine

I've read none of their posts. I'm just saying hi. What's up, [mention]poutanko[/mention] . We've never met. What reads do you have? Where should I move my vote to?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Shiiiit. Kyle was my transfiguration homework hookup.

And good job vig
You got rid of a grifindor :keys:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 402
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Is Jack bad?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 103

Post by Epignosis »

Lunalee wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:15 pm Changing my vote to kara, because timmer's on board with it. And because no one shares my INH suspicions.
Giving up on a suspicion because no one is following it, eh? :ponder:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:03 pmIs Jack bad?
To the bone. :mafia:

But I ain't no death eater.

Return to “Previous Jobs”