Hogwarts Mafia - END

Moderator: Community Team

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 879
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Night 5

Post by nutella »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:02 am Also I floo’d Kara before all this to attempt to learn who Speed watched.
...and??

[mention]MacDougall[/mention], I appreciate your healthy skepticism of me. I think I have put forth one of the strongest town efforts of my mafia career in this game and I feel pretty proud of that and confident that we're winning. But I absolutely acknowledge that my early game doesn't look as good in retrospect. I did change my mind a lot and don't have the best interactive history with LC and inh, and I was hesitant about jack right til the end. My 180 on you was quite well founded though, right around when you became more of a serious presence in the thread, plus you just didn't make sense as bad anymore after a certain point imo ( I don't remember if this was interaction based or vote based or just town behavior based but at some point you just started screaming town to me in a way that totally killed my previous suspicion.)

Anyway, I'm listening re: Colin and Quin. We seem to disagree on kara though, could you please read my post at the top of this page and tell me your thoughts on those points?

Tbh I think the case on Colin is about as strong at this point, but I'll have to look back at him. idk about quin.

Also you seem to have missed this somehow but we can't kill jack until his teammate is dead.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 402
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:10 am I hope Timmer shoots at Jack tonight to save us the trouble of having to lynch him.

Can anyone summarise why we are assuming there are 5 Mafia? I feel like that might be light with the amount of town strength floating around.
The biggest point for me to assume 5 and not a bigger number is that we've now had to kill two Death Eaters twice (INH & Jack). I feel like the madness of the civilian roles is offset by the ability of the mafia team to prolong its own lives. Also that the Death Eaters have access to the same pool of powers as the rest of us, plus their own additional ones, and the ability to collect Hallows as they kill folks.

I don't think it's impossible that there'd be more than 5, but I feel comfortable guessing that that's the number. 6 would put us at a 3:1 ratio if I'm not mistaken, which is dicey under any circumstances. This has simply been a fortunate game for civilians. Vig kills always have the potential to backfire, but they've apparently been fairly successful here. A dead Death Eater every night for 3 nights to start the game (if I'm not mistaken again) is not something I'd anticipate as a host designing this setup.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:02 am So the biggest argument for nutella = town is at the very end with her casting a critical vote on Jack.

Hmmm ... I am left fearing her but I will begrudge that it's hard for me to see, given how much flipping around is on her meta and she has already done it here, that she wouldn't have found a way to get her vote onto Poutanko at the end of day to save Jack if she was his teammate.

That being said ... she is/was in the box seat at the top of many town lists and Jack does still live so it's a good way to make oneself look amazing. But in a game with cops coming out of our ears ... nah you play the smart play and go for the save don't you? You've got to keep your team alive, bussing is not an option there.

Healthy skepticism is in order imo. I have seen enough to not take for granted her alignment. I would consider Timmer, juliets, lunalee, Pout and DH as above reproach at this point.

Her interactions with Jack all game long were pingy right until her vote and her interactions with LC and INH were not much better.

She spent day 5 trying out so many different options and none stuck.

But, alas, her vote is on lynched Mafia at the end of the day.

Forgive me for the paranoia nutella, if you are town. I can't help it.
Effort. Tone. Track record of pestering both LC and Jack. Maybe even INH too, but I didn't realy look at those interactions. I've said it before, but nutella bouncing around from one place to another is generally a good sign. Granted that's an easy thing to fake, especially as idiots like me continue to confirm her for it, but the fluidity of her reads has been too natural for me to treat them as fake in any way. That, and she was the deciding vote in the Jack lynch yesterday. I don't buy the theory that the mafia team saw Jack as expendable because of his Horcrux. There was no need to expose that shit, and his play over the last few hours of the day felt both like it had been blown up unexpectedly by DH, and then like he was very intent on spinning the lynch against Poutanko. Nothing about that suggested he or his potential teammate(s) wanted to sacrifice him.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Mac's posts today are against the grain enough that I continue to feel good about him. He's resisting ideas that are established in the thread and unlikely to be broken up by scum manipulation. I don't see a Death Eater pursuing that nutella angle right now, for instance. He'd be focusing on spinning the lynch against a realistic target rather than questioning the established town core.

Someone could say he's trying to create doubt in our minds, but I don't read his post as aggressive enough for that to be his play. It reads more like a townie who hasn't quite crossed a bridge that some other folks have, and he's not gonna let himself be dragged there unwillingly. I'm very close to removing Mac from my POE. I just haven't looked at his interactions with the other dead scum yet.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 128
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:57 pm
poutanko wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:55 pm TRYING TO LYNCH ME WHILE I WAS SLEEPING? CAN I EVEN DEFEND MYSELF? WHOSE IDEA IS THIS?
Not to worry I was like "Nah fuck that I'm real smart and shit" and everyone eventually was like "Wow he is really smart"
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:02 pm @DharmaHelper the competing wagons before jack/poutanko were me and sprit. It was never sprit vs. jack.
it was sloonei vs sprit

then it was jack vs sprit

then it was jack vs pout
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Bouncing around may be easy to fake but the amount of analytical work I have done would not be. I can't imagine going to half the effort i have as mafia. it's been several months since I was mafia so maybe I don't remember but I really don't think I can fake that-- if you think I can then I'm flattered I guess
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sprityo wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:40 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:02 pm @DharmaHelper the competing wagons before jack/poutanko were me and sprit. It was never sprit vs. jack.
it was sloonei vs sprit

then it was jack vs pout
We're splitting hairs here, but in anticipation of a question nobody's asked: I didn't see you and Jack as competing wagons because, once the wagon started up against Jack, its opposition was the wagon against Poutanko. You had votes on you before this all started to happen, as did I. But I don't remember a time when the discussion in the thread was "One of Jack or sprityo has to go!" It was you and me for a while. Then Jack popped up as a suspect, and poutanko was lumped in with him. You were adjacent wagons, but not competing ones in my eyes.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

nutella wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:29 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:24 pm Between this game, Firefly, Mega-Man and Outpost 31 I feel legitimately jacked up. No joke, a string of my best performances ever. Like the old dog who still got it. If I don't win player of the year for this shit, I'm gonna lose my fucking mind.
I'll vote for you for best civ. :beer: As long as you vote for me for best mafia team victory for Fire Emblem :mafia:
i'd rather give best mafia victory to outpost 31

and ill vote DH for best mafioso
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:46 pm
it was sloonei vs sprit

then it was jack vs pout
We're splitting hairs here, but in anticipation of a question nobody's asked: I didn't see you and Jack as competing wagons because, once the wagon started up against Jack, its opposition was the wagon against Poutanko. You had votes on you before this all started to happen, as did I. But I don't remember a time when the discussion in the thread was "One of Jack or sprityo has to go!" It was you and me for a while. Then Jack popped up as a suspect, and poutanko was lumped in with him. You were adjacent wagons, but not competing ones in my eyes.
yet you stayed on me and kept it tied. i vote pout, then luna and you hopped on, then nutella, then i voted off pout onto jack

timmer voted off me onto jack then and finally nutella switched to jack
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sprityo wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:04 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:46 pm
it was sloonei vs sprit

then it was jack vs pout
yet you stayed on me and kept it tied. i vote pout, then luna and you hopped on, then nutella, then i voted off pout onto jack

timmer voted off me onto jack then and finally nutella switched to jack
My vote stayed on you because my mind was not made up. Again, I don't think the thread was ever a competition between you and jack. You were separate candidates at different points in the day who happened to overlap.

I do not think this is an important issue. Do you suspect me for anything that's been said here?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

no, im just peeved i almost got lynched
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:10 am I hope Timmer shoots at Jack tonight to save us the trouble of having to lynch him.

Can anyone summarise why we are assuming there are 5 Mafia? I feel like that might be light with the amount of town strength floating around.
did....did you not read the day 5 lynch?
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:48 pm
One Cannot Die While the Other Survives

- You are cornered! You have no way to escape!

And indeed he didn't. Jack was surrounded in the middle of a classroom, by 12 students. They had disarmed him and taken his wand.

The students fired their spells on him. Jack fell.

But then, something weird happened.

Jack's body started boiling and burning. A burst of energy came from him, as it dissolved into the floor. Then a cloud of vapor emmited from his body, and flowed to the window.

Jackofhearts2005 (New Death Eater) was lynched but he didn't die. He had a Horcrux!
[Horcrux]: This spell will bind a piece of the soul of a player who is using [Avada Kedavra] successfully to the soul of the user, turning the user into a horcrux. As long as the horcrux is alive, their teammate who made the kill is immune to all kills/super-kills and cannot be lynched.

Whenever they survive a lynch because of this ability, it will be revealed in the thread.
Night 5 Begins!
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

vig needs to kill colin/kara/quin imo
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 648
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Vig needs to surrender.
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 376

Post by ColinIsCool »

Kara didn’t say anything in chat so it looks like that was bunk.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I wish I had legacy reads to offer because I feel a vigging coming in but I really don’t have a clue. The last wolf has done a good job.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

kara hasn't been active on the site since Sunday :\\\
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1042

Post by DharmaHelper »

nutella wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:03 pm kara hasn't been active on the site since Sunday :\\\
Could be a positive sign or it could be that the real Death Eater is in here hemming Kara up :grin:

Anyway if I die hopefully I've set the town up for an easy or at least manageable win.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

>watch like, me die or something
Banners:
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Oh shit lol the nights almost over.

ImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

*banging fists on table*

DDL show me the money
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 182
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Are you sure you want this night to end? :feb:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 28

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:46 pm Are you sure you want this night to end? :feb:
:scared: :scared: :scared: yyyy....esssS?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Forest of Death

The students formed searching parties to find Jack. Someone saw the vapor-thing which was what was left of him go to the Forbidden Forest.

(Actually this is the kind of thing teachers should be doing, but have adults ever been useful in this universe?)

The search parties entered the forest. It was full of the most interesting magical creatures, from centaurs, to giant spiders, to unicorns. But the most dangerous creatures in there were certainly the humans.

It wasn't long before a scream was heard. One of the nearby search parties, formed by two students, moved to the direction of the scream. In there, they saw the body of Kara.

- What... just happened?
- You are about to join her. Avada Kedavra.

Sloonei fell to the ground, dead.

Quin, who had heard the scream, grabbed his invisibility cloak. He had to hide away and escape. If whoever was killing people was looking for the cloak, he had to protect it.

But someone had seen him first. And his artifact was something worth killing for.

Quin disappeared for the last time.

karavalenge, Quin and Sloonei (Hogwarts Students) were killed during the night.

Day 6 Begins!
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 421

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 6

Post by speedchuck »

I'm gonna need a post-game write-up on night actions. Do it for me. Do it for Quin.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Yikes. although that is good news since it actually narrows who could be Jack's teammate pretty significantly.

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 641

Post by MacDougall »

Well. I was wrong about Quin then. At least I was right about Kara.

I assume vigs killed Quin and Kara and Mafia killed Sloonei because he had his solving hat on maybe. Or a redirection.

Leaves Colin standing out pretty starkly now.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Thanks for the legacy posts Sloo.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

speedchuck wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:59 pm I'm gonna need a post-game write-up on night actions. Do it for me. Do it for Quin.
Everything is on a doc and shall be posted after the game ends. Don't worry.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Do either of the two cops that aren't Jack have anything to add lmao.

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:16 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:11 pm If anybody with like Protego or Wingardium Leviosa or even Sacrificial Protection wants to like...help a brother out tonight that'd be good and cool.
I used my Leviosa on Jack already to roleblock him.
This is a lie.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Revealing Quin had the cloak is something I would normally not do, but since he claimed already I decided it's worth it for adding some drama to the show.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:12 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:16 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:11 pm If anybody with like Protego or Wingardium Leviosa or even Sacrificial Protection wants to like...help a brother out tonight that'd be good and cool.
I used my Leviosa on Jack already to roleblock him.
This is a lie.
Oh, word?

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Word.
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 307

Post by Lunalee »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:10 pm Do either of the two cops that aren't Jack have anything to add lmao.
I checked Kara, so no. :(
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Aw shucky Ducky.

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I used prior incantino. Colin did not use his Hogwarts ability.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:18 pm I used prior incantino. Colin did not use his Hogwarts ability.
Spicy meme.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 307

Post by Lunalee »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:16 pm Aw shucky Ducky.
As long as everyone knows I have cop abilities and I continue to survive, I can take suggestions of who to check next.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Lunalee wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:25 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:16 pm Aw shucky Ducky.
As long as everyone knows I have cop abilities and I continue to survive, I can take suggestions of who to check next.
What about Sprityo tho

ImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:18 pm I used prior incantino. Colin did not use his Hogwarts ability.
I don’t know how that works but are you seeing my previous night action? Because I used a Demiguise but it failed.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:27 pm
I don’t know how that works but are you seeing my previous night action? Because I used a Demiguise but it failed.
Who did you want to watch?

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Not that we needed more reasons to lynch Colin but I can't see any civ excuse for flat out lying about old mate.

I suppose it is a good thing I did in fact not reveal my ability. Thanks DH.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

And how would I be seeing your previous night action and not your current night action hmmmmmmm?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:29 pm Not that we needed more reasons to lynch Colin but I can't see any civ excuse for flat out lying about old mate.

I suppose it is a good thing I did in fact not reveal my ability. Thanks DH.
:noble:

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[Prior Incantato]: This spell will show which ability another student used on that night, and who their target was. It does not show Dark Arts abilities.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:28 pm
Who did you want to watch?
Timmer.

Turns out Incantato doesn’t work like that so there is some trickery afoot but I don’t know how I’m going to convince any of you of it.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I used it on Colin.

DDL said you didn't use an action.

You said you leviosa the confirmed scum.

I think that's a lie.

Concede.

Return to “Previous Jobs”