X-Men [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Would you like 24 hour Day phases?

Yes
46%
No
8%
Jonas Graymalkin (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
46%

Total votes: 13
Operator
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 229

Re: X-Men [Day 4]

Post by Operator »

Haha I was doing the same thing with Havok and Hawkeye a few days ago. They're very separate in my mind now, though.

As for Shaw, I hadn't necessarily gotten that impression, and I can't say I feel one way or the other about it. He's given us so little to go on, I have no idea what player he could really be.
Management
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Was there anyone I should be reading, who you were considering bringing up or even just thinking about before the Info Bomb hit?
Management
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 189

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

sun fire keep getting thrown out of the spotlight.
dunya
Turnip Head
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

That is true. He's an interesting one; I initially was sure he was bad, but after I read him back I was less sure. I've been waffling back and forth ever since, basically post-to-post.

Personally, I wasn't putting more stock in the Professor's thoughts than in any normal thread post, but the point was raised that he could have info, which I thought was interesting.
Management
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 189

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Mikhail Rasputin wrote:That is true. He's an interesting one; I initially was sure he was bad, but after I read him back I was less sure. I've been waffling back and forth ever since, basically post-to-post.

Personally, I wasn't putting more stock in the Professor's thoughts than in any normal thread post, but the point was raised that he could have info, which I thought was interesting.
Sunfire was discussed a bit at the end of Day 3, was he not?
It seems to me that every time Sunfire is brought up, he somehow gets sidelined.
dunya
Turnip Head
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 153
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Joe Who? »

Sorry! I'm here, Swoopy Man is still here lol. :P

I think your posts on Shaw were definitely interesting and valid, baddies have an easier time scoping out who is good and bad because well... they know who isn't and is on their team.

Havok... I think his response to your posting is more interesting than the case itself.

I think both players are worth keeping an eye on
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 265

Post by Ned Flanders »

Mikhail Rasputin wrote:That is true. He's an interesting one; I initially was sure he was bad, but after I read him back I was less sure. I've been waffling back and forth ever since, basically post-to-post.

And that would be OK with you, while this other infodump is not?

In any case, unless he gained BTS with someone who has info, it is not in his role. But he could know just about anyone.
Professor X
Telepathically searches the minds of three individuals each Night, seeking his X-Men. He must think of three X-Men roles and target one person. If his hypothesis is correct, he gains permanent BTSC with that individual. Additionally, Professor X will provide his guidance to the thread nightly.
I would be happy with either Sunfire, as some good points have been made, or Exodus. I voted Exodus last night since everyone was out there beating up Shadowcat for dumping, but no one is discussing whether she is correct or not, whether they believe her. I don't love dumping, but I do happen to believe her.

So long as we don't spread it far afield from those two, I am OK with either.

Also where the hell has Avalanche gone? He posted thrice on Sunday, once on Monday, and nonce since. He suspected Sunfire, is he silenced again? His last post was during the night.
Assault
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Rachel Green »

Shadowcat, did I understand you to say that if Sabretooth did not target Dazzler your theory about Exodus is not a viable theory? I'm not sure I understand that, and that's probably because I don't know the secret, but I've been bothered by the fact that two entities targeted Dazzler. Why Dazzler? Did he say something or some things that would cause that much attention? So I've been entertaining the notion that one of those kills was a re-direct by Grey or a target switch by Jubilee. If that's the case, and it was Sabre's target that was deflected or switched then your theory about Exodus could be dead wrong. I realize this thought is full of 'if's' but I feel like the question at least needs to be raised because of the oddness of two people targeting Dazzler and if I understood you correctly, the fact that Sabre's target is important to the theory.

Rasputin, I also have a back-of-the-mind bad feeling about Shaw. How many times have I asked now about his vote for Cable? Every day I think and unless I've missed it he has not bothered to explain it. Correct me if I'm wrong Shaw. Why would someone avoid explaining why they voted someone - that's a no brainer for the standpoint of things you should respond to. And since I've asked so many times it's not like he could say that he's missed it. So that gave me a big ping and I've had my eye on him. This alone isn't something I would vote for someone on but combined with other things I would put a vote there.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 294

Re: X-Men [Day 3]

Post by Gunther »

Mikhail Rasputin wrote:
Havok wrote:
Mikhail Rasputin wrote:
Havok wrote:
What the hell, MR? What exactly are you trying to accomplish here? You say, "And speaking of those two..." and then you quote a bunch of stuff from Sebastian Shaw (and none from me) where my name is not even mentioned....at all. The only time my name is mentioned after you said "and speaking of those two" is where you say that "I also think a much closer look at Havok is now warranted."

So, what gives??? This has got to be the most ridiculous suspicion of me so far in this game.

I said that it was plausible that the baddies could have set Quicksilver up so that the day after T-Bird's lynch would be wasted lynching another civvie. Guess what? It IS a plausible scenario....that Quicksilver (A civvie) brought up. AND it's also still very much a possibility.
First off, I feel like this is a bit of an overreaction. Ok, I planned to pull quotes from both of you, but I forgot to get any from you. My class started, so sue me.

It is plausible that baddies would set a civ up AFTER another civ is lynched. It IS NOT AND NEVER WAS plausible that they set QS up BY ALL VOTING FOR TBIRD. That would be a huge, stupid risk, as I've said multiple times now (and in more detail and with more logic). I can't believe you're still sticking to that baloney line when it's so patently and obviously false.

If you'd like, I can build my case on you like I was planning. I already feel I have plenty to go on, personally, but I'm happy to convince others as well.
I didn't realize I said every T-Bird voter was a baddie. Maybe you could point that out for me? I must have been black out drunk or something. I'm not "still sticking" to anything. If there is any overreaction, it is you saying "I can't believe you are still sticking to that baloney". You make it sound like I've been or was campaigning to convince everyone in the game that that is what happened. I mentioned it as a possibility after Quicksilver brought it up. I also brought up the possibility that QS was a baddie being saved by his team mates. If you go back and read my posts during that lynch, I was very much on the fence about QS throughout the whole day. And if I was pushing so hard for this and trying to convince everyone that QS was set up, wouldn't it be likely that I would have not voted for Quicksilver and instead tried to push the lynch towards one of those T-Bird voters based on that pretext? Did I do that?

And please, I encourage you to follow through with your threat there and make whatever case you want on me. It seems to me like if you had such a solid theory about me, you wouldn't be making a threat and instead would just go ahead and build a case if there was one such to be made.

I think everyone should look at what Mikhail Rasputin just said, so I will quote it again by itself:
If you'd like, I can build my case on you like I was planning. I already feel I have plenty to go on, personally, but I'm happy to convince others as well.
That, good sir, absolutely screams baddie bully to me. You have such a solid case to build on me, but you changed your mind and decided not to make it. Then, I call you out on your post, and you proceed to threaten me with said case and even make a threat that you can "convince others as well". Why in the world would any civvie make this type of threat? If you have such a solid case, wouldn't a civvie make the case without resorting to threats like this?

I had you very near the bottom of my list of suspicions, but after this post you have made me seriously reconsider.

Oh, and I think you should make whatever case you feel like you can make. If you do follow through with your threat and convince others to lynch me, you are going to get lynched the very next day I assure you because I have nothing to hide or fear in everyone finding out my role.

So, bring it on, bro.
NO U :p

Seriously, though, maybe we should start over. Hi, I'm Mikhail Rasputin. Do you still suspect Tbird's voters of being bad? Any of them in particular? If so, why not push harder for the rest of us to look into them?

It seems you and I disagree strongly about the plausibility of QS's theory. That's fine; however, I stated yesterday that the theory seemed so implausible to me (and, more importantly, so likely to get innocent Tbird voters lynched) that I thought it was suspicious to even bring up.

You say repeatedly that my offer of building a case (since you were not satisfied with my original points) is a threat, and that I am a baddie bully. If you feel bullied outside of game context, I am sincerely sorry. Please let me know if that is the case, and I will be conscious to make my future posts less belligerent. It's probable that I am playing a bit cocky at the moment, which is unusual for me, because I seem to have some civ cred.

If your uncomfortability is purely within the game, I should say that I feel a bit vindicated by your lashing back at me in this post. And I have never changed my mind about making a case about you. It's the middle of finals week and I am very busy, and making a case right now seems to not be worth it. Given other things happening in the thread, I don't think it would get any attention today. I am, however, happy to take the time to make one if others would like to see it. That is all that I meant, and it certainly wasn't intended to scare you into anything, which is what threats are supposed to do.

If you'd rather have a civil discussion regarding the questions I posed at the beginning of this post, I'm game for that as well. I should warn you that my opinion of your alignment is likely to color my thoughts. However, I promise to be nice.
Oh, no worries. When I said "baddie bully" I meant strictly within the context of the game. I learned a long time ago to not take anything in a mafia game personally. :D

My baddie bully comment meant that your threat (And that IS what it was) came off as, "Hey, pipe down or I am going to make you regret it!". It doesn't make sense for a civvie to threaten to make a case on someone and that said case WOULD convince others. The first thing I thought when I read that was, "Yeah, I bet you can convince other people to go along with your case, you have 6 team mates!" Not saying that you are definitely baddie and that I'm definitely right in my initial thoughts, but it did sound like it was coming from a non-civvie. Can you not see how someone could come to this conclusion? If a civvie has a case to make on someone, I would think they would just make the case rather than threaten to. :shrug:

Yes, I'd say we do disagree about the plausibility of the idea that QS was being set up....which QS initially brought up btw...but it seems like you are making a much bigger deal out of that than I was. I was simply looking at all the options during that day. I went back and forth a few times on whether I thought QS was bad. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe I only mentioned the possibility of a setup the one time in discussion and it was right after and in response to QS posting the idea. I ended up leaning more towards a save when I voted QS. I didn't continue to push the idea at all.
You say repeatedly that my offer of building a case (since you were not satisfied with my original points) is a threat, and that I am a baddie bully.
I only said it the once.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 194

Post by Jack Shephard »

Yeah, things are getting kinda crazy in here. I'll be back on later to decide and place my vote.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Re: X-Men [Day 3]

Post by Operator »

Havok wrote:
Oh, no worries. When I said "baddie bully" I meant strictly within the context of the game. I learned a long time ago to not take anything in a mafia game personally. :D

My baddie bully comment meant that your threat (And that IS what it was) came off as, "Hey, pipe down or I am going to make you regret it!". It doesn't make sense for a civvie to threaten to make a case on someone and that said case WOULD convince others. The first thing I thought when I read that was, "Yeah, I bet you can convince other people to go along with your case, you have 6 team mates!" Not saying that you are definitely baddie and that I'm definitely right in my initial thoughts, but it did sound like it was coming from a non-civvie. Can you not see how someone could come to this conclusion? If a civvie has a case to make on someone, I would think they would just make the case rather than threaten to. :shrug:

Yes, I'd say we do disagree about the plausibility of the idea that QS was being set up....which QS initially brought up btw...but it seems like you are making a much bigger deal out of that than I was. I was simply looking at all the options during that day. I went back and forth a few times on whether I thought QS was bad. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe I only mentioned the possibility of a setup the one time in discussion and it was right after and in response to QS posting the idea. I ended up leaning more towards a save when I voted QS. I didn't continue to push the idea at all.
You say repeatedly that my offer of building a case (since you were not satisfied with my original points) is a threat, and that I am a baddie bully.
I only said it the once.
Good! Glad we're all friends here. :biggrin:

You actually said "threat" at least 3 times that I have counted in your post. You only said "baddie bully" once, but I didn't mean for repeatedly to apply to that phrase. My wording may have been unclear.

Again, I'm busy to make a case, not evil. Gone to bed at 4am every night this week.

So I agree that you didn't push the theory very hard after initially agreeing with QS. You say you ended up leaning more toward a save, which presumably is why you voted QS. Makes sense to me. Now that we know QS was good and it was not a save, are you still suspicious of Tbird voters? Any particular ones? And why or why not?
Management
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

I have to go, and won't be around before poll close. I've stated my position on the Exodus case. I am also interested to talk more about (and hopefully with) Sunfire, but I don't think lynching him solely based on the Professor's post is wise.

I'm going to vote Shaw for today. I still suspect both him and Havok, but at least Havok is responding and posting thoughts. Shaw's had plenty of time by now.
Management
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Oh, right. Almost forgot to post this.
White Queen wrote:

And that would be OK with you, while this other infodump is not?
Yes, because the Professor hasn't SAID he has info, which makes it not an infodump. Very different.

And I have also been wondering what happened to Avalanche. He's been so quiet, it's almost like he went off to the Morlock Tunnels himself. :p
Management
Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Grand Scheme »

Shadowcat - your post makes some good points but you also took a few things out of context. You can't just read a players posts and get impressions from that you also have to look at what was posted in context.

But really overall a pretty good case.

Still do not like those that jumped w/o giving anything themselves.

Rasputin and whoever else - read my post again becasue I clearly wrote "TBF at least two said they would wait for Exodus' response.

For me its between Exodus or Sunfire today.

Linky pretty obvious Avalanche is silenced otherwise he would be posting. I do not like how some are immediately jumping to he could be doing it for nefarious reasons. ;)
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 194

Post by Jack Shephard »

Here's one for Day 4.

Players who have posted today.

Banshee
Cable
Deadpool
Domino
Exodus
Havok
Hawkeye
Longshot
Mikhail Rasputin
Mojo
Phoenix
Polaris
Shadowcat
Spiral
Sunfire
The Vision
White Queen

Players who have not.

Avalanche
Bastion (Hasn't posted since Night 2)
Marrow
Sebastian Shaw

I'm willing to bet Avalanche has been silenced. Bastion seems like an active. And the other two, only one of them could be silenced if Avalanche is also.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 191

Post by Snapshot »

I'm voting Exodus. I don't believe Dazzler was bad, so I'm discounting the asterisk in Shadowcats case.
Reporting
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 107

Post by Young Lady »

I tried to catch up on the SC-Exodus issue. SC's case on Exodus is very weak, Exodus' replies to SC's are in the same league. Info dumping - not cool, but it happened so we might as well make the best of it. If Exodus is bad, we're dealing with a very good baddie who has made sure to cover his tracks. There's one thing that doesn't add up.
Exodus wrote:And, I did switch my vote to you, Shadowcat because I feel like you're just making stuff up trying to make me look bad and when I am not you get to go, oh no, something was wrong and live longer had I possibly brought you down like you most likely assumed I would.
Exodus wrote:
Shadowcat wrote:
The Vision wrote:I'm intrigued by Shadowcats current, ongoing output towards Exodus, but I'm troubled about its origin. Shadowcat seems to be saying she got info about Exodus and is now trying to make a case to make her accusations "legit". If that's what going on, its not very cool... maybe I'm misreading?
That wasn't the intent. From some additional info I had, it made me start to think there was a good chance Exodus was bad. But I wanted to go back and re-read him because I felt that, in context, what he was saying would either confirm or eliminate my suspicions of him. In this case, however, it most certainly confirmed it for me.

And before I forget, votes Exodus.
Well the feeling is mutual as far as me being concerned about you, and I'm sure you know that. However, I'm a bit reluctant to take this as proof of you being bad because what you're assuming happened would mean the baddies made an idiotic and suicidal mistake. Why would the baddies do that? They surely wouldn't gain anything, so I am doubting that things are as easy as it seems. And as far as your case, which you're claiming to have confirmed your suspicions, I think it's quite obvious that you went into it looking for ways to make me scum. You've pointed out scummy sides to everything I've done, and even if I was scum, it wouldn't be that apparent, so you're trying too hard rather it be clouded judgement or trying to get me out before I get you out.
Exodus wrote:Um, if I have what you have, why wouldn't I be concerned?! Are you seriously asking me this question? That just proves you're trying to fault everything I say. The answer should be clear as to why I would be concerned, to you most of all.
And I highly disagree that you found a gold mine. All you did was quote a post and make it look bad. Even a simple post where I expressed a thought was bad to you. You don't see that?
So basically Exodus, you seem to have received the same piece of information from the Night 1 poll as SC. She used that in order to deduce that you might be bad, so she tried to build a case which reeks of confirmation bias (which I find normal since there's not a lot to work with in your case). Why didn't you make the same assumption about her in the first place? After Dazzler died, you chose to focus on Domino, with no mention of SC whatsoever. You still seem to feel reluctant in making a more than a 'NO U' case against her. Can you explain this?
Supervisor
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Hawkeye wrote:So basically Exodus, you seem to have received the same piece of information from the Night 1 poll as SC. She used that in order to deduce that you might be bad, so she tried to build a case which reeks of confirmation bias (which I find normal since there's not a lot to work with in your case). Why didn't you make the same assumption about her in the first place? After Dazzler died, you chose to focus on Domino, with no mention of SC whatsoever. You still seem to feel reluctant in making a more than a 'NO U' case against her. Can you explain this?
Just to clarify, I've talked about this. So in case I am not able to be back before deadline I hope that people will look at what I've written.
I did not come in with my guns blazing at Shadowcat for multiple reasons. First, Epi asked us not to info dump, and I assumed it was against the rules so I wasn't going to build a case on Shadowcat out of no where when she had not posted in some time because that just looks like I have information so I was going to approach by the wait and see method. See if when she posted I felt bad or good about her. Unlike what everyone is saying, that it should be obvious, I think about the aspect of things being too obvious. Why on earth would the mafia want to narrow down the list to two, when that would obviously expose one of their brotherhood members? It doesn't make sense, it's stupid to me. So it felt too easy to me to have a huge confidence level. Obviously, I was going to be concerned and looking into Shadowcat but the last time I took the route of assessing things too much, I made a mistake (with T-bird). You're right I focused on Domino, honestly, SC wasn't posting and the scumminess at that point of time caught my eye (I don't understand how people are not seeing it). I intended to change my vote if I needed to.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Okay, thanks for the reply. I went back and checked to see if Dazzler had mentioned either of you and nothing. This could be interpreted as an attempt at self-preservation. I'm very conflicted about this tbh. My gut feeling, which I rarely rely on, is telling me that SC is right and she wouldn't have gone to all this trouble with a pretty shitty case if she didn't feel like she was right. On the other hand, there's very little evidence to suggest that Exodus is scum. If we lose another civilian today, we're pretty much screwed.
Supervisor
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

I think Shadowcat genuinely believes that what she has put out there plus what she knows proves that Exodus is bad. I just have enough doubt with the "if thus and such is true" parts of it. I didn't see baddieness in Exodus before this case and it looks to me like the case was made up retroactively (in fact, I think we all accept that as truth) and is just a collection of things Exodus said.

Prior to this explosion i had been thinking about using my vote to tell Shaw he cannot just keep dodging questions he doesn't want to answer without consequences and giving him my vote. Then Rasputin came in today and had even more to add to the Shaw baddiness issue. So that is how I am voting today - voting for Sebastian Shaw.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Nicol Bolas »

im gonna vote for exodus cuz like hawkeye said i dont c shadowcat goin to all this trouble if her info wasnt solid. im also musin why rasputin is ignoring the case completely........ i think infodumping sux too but i cant just ignore whats in front of me....... also think its weird that exodus never tried to make a case on shadow even tho they are supposedly working with the same info so thats why im trustin the kitty on this one
Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 57

Post by Golf »

So is shaw going to be the back up to exodus? Not sunfire? :ponder:

I'm putting my vote on exodus for now because I'm not sure I'll be back before closing. I might be able to check in, just not sure... But the players who were understanding the magneto vote distribution thing could be of some help here I think, making sure the correct amount of votes get distributed where they need to be?
Fractal
sprityo
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Mojo wrote:So is shaw going to be the back up to exodus? Not sunfire? :ponder:

I'm putting my vote on exodus for now because I'm not sure I'll be back before closing. I might be able to check in, just not sure... But the players who were understanding the magneto vote distribution thing could be of some help here I think, making sure the correct amount of votes get distributed where they need to be?
Good point!
On odd Nights, that person will receive the votes of two other selected targets the following Day.

If Magneto chose Exodus as one of the targets from whom to extract the votes, Exodus' votes will go to some very unfortunate individual. So unless SC is setting Exodus up to make sure he receives votes for Magneto to extract, I'm not sure the baddies would have taken into account that Exodus might be targeted for a lynch. :derp:
Supervisor
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 38

Post by NurseWilgy »

Hawkeye wrote:

Good point!
On odd Nights, that person will receive the votes of two other selected targets the following Day.

If Magneto chose Exodus as one of the targets from whom to extract the votes, Exodus' votes will go to some very unfortunate individual. So unless SC is setting Exodus up to make sure he receives votes for Magneto to extract, I'm not sure the baddies would have taken into account that Exodus might be targeted for a lynch. :derp:
As much as I want to vote Exodus today, you make a good point bringing back up Magneto's power. So, shall we split the votes between Sunfire and Exodus or someone else? I have to vote right this moment because I won't have a break until close to 7, so I'm voting Sunfire in case what Hawkeye says rings true.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

I don't think we should split it now. We don't know if Exodus was targeted to have his votes removed and re-distributed to someone else. He has not been discussed as a potential suspect for lynching before SC showed up, so unless she's setting him up, he should be the best option. I'm going with my gut feeling this time.
Supervisor
Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Grand Scheme »

Voted Exodus bc of Shadowcats case and my own read back. I feel like he is in scramble mode now.

I would have voted sunfire but others have voted Shaw I have not read back on Shaw so idk about him - plus he is a low poster so I would like to give him time to respond to the case against him.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

well if the story is 2 b believed then the brotherhood shud have seen this coming somewhat....... meaning mayb they targeted exodus w/ magnetos power
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

wait a minute - I just thought of something. Shadowcat, if Exodus is not bad does the secret that you can't tell us mean that you are bad? Anyone seen the answer to this question in what Shadowcat posted? I did not but might have missed something.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

We can speculate and speculate, because there are so many scenarios, but there's the risk of turning the thread into a loony bin again. I can only hope this is the best choice.

Linki Yes, I think if Exodus flips civ we can suspect SC. That is why I thought she really believes Exodus is bad.
Supervisor
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

but hawkeye i think my point makes sense....... if exodus is a bad guy his team shud have 4seen shadowcat comin after him 2day........
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Hawkeye wrote:We can speculate and speculate, because there are so many scenarios, but there's the risk of turning the thread into a loony bin again. I can only hope this is the best choice.

Linki Yes, I think if Exodus flips civ we can suspect SC. That is why I thought she really believes Exodus is bad.
Ok well if thats the case I'm going to have to switch my vote from Shaw to Exodus.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

im switchin my vote 2 sunfire
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Deadpool wrote:but hawkeye i think my point makes sense....... if exodus is a bad guy his team shud have 4seen shadowcat comin after him 2day........
Of course your point makes sense. However, SC has not been active for a while, I don't think she has mentioned Exodus before as a potential suspect, Exodus looks clean and one can barely build a case on him, plus there's the info dumping side of it. I still think we shouldn't split or spread out the votes.
Supervisor
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

I think if we split or spread the votes the risk of voting for those people Magneto targeted to extract those votes from, is higher than if we all vote for one person, Exodus in this case.
Supervisor
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Celeste »

I wondered about this too. I'd feel more confident about Sunfire being the backup candidate. I have Shaw's role pegged to a specific person, and if it's who I think it is, his behavior doesn't really tell me a lot about whether he's civvie or baddie.

I would like to hear more detailed explanations from his votes in the future though. Other than that he "feels" or "thinks" someone is good or bad. Because if it continues, it makes me more inclined to think he was bad. Is there a specific thing he said that is making people wonder about him that I missed?
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Celeste »

Also, if Exodus does happen to flip civ, I think I totally deserve to get lynched next. I've been thinking it over today and I really do feel terrible about the fact that I hinted/stated that I had info. If I could go back and do it over again, I probably would have left that part out or said it was a "gut feeling" or something similar. So Exodus, if you happen to read this, know that I'm truly sorry with how it happened. Unfortunately, all we can do at this point is move on.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Shadowcat wrote:Also, if Exodus does happen to flip civ, I think I totally deserve to get lynched next. I've been thinking it over today and I really do feel terrible about the fact that I hinted/stated that I had info. If I could go back and do it over again, I probably would have left that part out or said it was a "gut feeling" or something similar. So Exodus, if you happen to read this, know that I'm truly sorry with how it happened. Unfortunately, all we can do at this point is move on.
Shadowcat, does one of you have to be bad or is there a chance you are both civs?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 188

Post by Epignosis »

T-minus forty minutes and counting.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

I didn't even consider that Shaw or Avalanche may have been silenced. I still think Shaw has had time to say things before today, but I feel a little stupid. Thanks to Cable, Phoenix, and others for tracking that.

quote="Cable"]Shadowcat - your post makes some good points but you also took a few things out of context. You can't just read a players posts and get impressions from that you also have to look at what was posted in context.

But really overall a pretty good case.

Still do not like those that jumped w/o giving anything themselves.

Rasputin and whoever else - read my post again becasue I clearly wrote "TBF at least two said they would wait for Exodus' response.

For me its between Exodus or Sunfire today.

Linky pretty obvious Avalanche is silenced otherwise he would be posting. I do not like how some are immediately jumping to he could be doing it for nefarious reasons. ;)[/quote]

I honestly don't know what the part of the post you referred me to is about. I don't remember us having interacted directly at all before tbh. If you could remind me, that would be great.
Cable wrote:Voted Exodus bc of Shadowcats case and my own read back. I feel like he is in scramble mode now.
Really? People who vote Exodus without adding anything to the case are suspicious, huh? :eye:

Linki: Shadowcat, I made a post explaining what seemed nefarious to me about Shaw.
Management
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

It makes me nervous to read all this about switching votes again. It seems strange that it gets brought up again so close to the voting deadline. Last lynch, I understand as Vision thought he was silenced and he's the one that brought the topic up.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Also, since there is so much paranoia going around about Magneto and his power, perhaps during future odd nights we should keep the suspicion talk to a minimum so as not to clue Magneto in on where the next lynch might go.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Not much time, I'm going with Exodus.
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Lunatella »

Exodus looks bad to me. :jedi:
Lunalee
nutella
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Paul Stevens »

Spiral wrote:

Sunfire was discussed a bit at the end of Day 3, was he not?
It seems to me that every time Sunfire is brought up, he somehow gets sidelined.
I've been feeling like this for the last day or so. What makes me think Exodus might not be a baddie was how he was one of the first (if not THE first) to try to turn votes away from QS last week. And although I happened to be the scapegoat for the turn, that also makes me think he doesn't know who the baddies are (as I stated in an earlier post).

I don't know what the Professor might know, but I'm feeling that sun reference could really only point to Sunfire. Putting my vote on him. Let's see how this turns out.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Paul Stevens »

And by week I mean day, or whatever the timeline is. (Long. Effing. Week.)
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Oh Sebastian Shaw, so you weren't silenced after all. Care to answer why you voted Cable way back there? Or are you still trying to avoid that question?
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

The more I think on the Brotherhood team, the more uneasy I am with everything. With potentially 7 team members, they could really run rough shot over the game if they were bold enough. I mean, with the right group of 7, I could totally see them going the bold route...backing each other up in the thread. I think I understand the uneasiness of these lynches where everyone votes the same. Having (potentially) 7 votes, why would they let Exodus get to this point if he was one of them? I've had my suspicions of Exodus myself, but I dunno...I'm not comfortable with this lynch at all. Hopefully, we got a baddie finally, but I would not be surprised at all if Exodus flipped civvie. If that's the case, I think we really need to rethink our baddie hunting strategy tomorrow.

I'm voting Mojo today. It's totally a gut vote, but I felt Mojo was very suspicious early in the game and has gotten very quiet after winning the night poll.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: X-Men [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

Destroy a participant_

Poll ended at Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:37 pm

Avalanche
No votes

Banshee
No votes

Bastion
No votes

Cable
No votes

Deadpool
No votes

Domino
No votes

Exodus
Shadowcat (2), Sunfire (3), White Queen (5), The Vision (7), Mojo (8), Hawkeye (10), Cable (11), Longshot (12), Polaris (14), Sebastian Shaw (15)
59%

Havok
No votes

Hawkeye
No votes

Longshot
No votes

Marrow
No votes

Mikhail Rasputin
No votes

Mojo
Havok (17)
6%

Phoenix
No votes

Polaris
No votes

Sebastian Shaw
Mikhail Rasputin (6)
6%

Shadowcat
Exodus (4)
6%

Spiral
No votes

Sunfire
Domino (9), Deadpool (13), Phoenix (16)
18%

The Vision
No votes

White Queen
No votes

Abyss (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
Epignosis (1)
6%

Total votes : 17
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: X-Men [Night 4]

Post by Epignosis »

Oh, What a Lucky Man He Wasn’t
“You!” Shadowcat cried.

In self-defense, Exodus grabbed a piece of loose pipe from a defunct structure on Asteroid M. It cruised right through Shadowcat’s intangible form.

Several others came to subdue Exodus, and though Exodus was powerful, the mob rolled him off the edge of the asteroid like a pair of loaded Craps dice.

Exodus has been destroyed. He was Gambit.

Danger Room ID acquired: 012… Deadpool
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: X-Men [Night 4]

Post by Epignosis »

The Morlock Tunnels

The open atmosphere of Asteroid M became enclosed and restrictive. The black view of open space, peppered with distant stars, became old brickwork dotted with cobwebs.

The air became damp and foul.

“Tunnels,” someone realized.

“Intruders,” hissed a voice in the darkness. “This can only mean one thing- that one of you presume to duel me for the leadership of the Morlocks.”

It is now Night 4. You have 23 hours to send in your PMs.

Return to “Previous Jobs”