U-Pick Anything Volume 2 Game Thread (Day 4 )

Moderator: Community Team

Who will it be now?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:03 pm

Apogee
No votes
beeboy
No votes
cayvie
8%
DaisyCloud
No votes
DDL
No votes
Justplayingitcool
8%
Long Con
No votes
sabie12
No votes
Sprityo
8%
Non-players
75%

Total votes: 12
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 136

Re: U-Pick Anything Volume 2 Game Thread (Day 1)

Post by MacDougall »

I'm back. If you have any questions that don't insult your own intelligence hmu.
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 826

Post by Timsup2nothin »

DaisyCloud wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:31 pm from what I remember

someone who's name starts with j clsimed jailor because they shot Tony and Tony flipped town. claiming during ita makes sense here. they don't want peeps to retaliate. however, mafia jailor exists tho. we wait and see i guess

nanook claims tree stump. why claim being useless? you can't vote right? or do I misremembered how tree stump works? only time I seen tree stump they were aligned with mafia originally and then became 3rd party stump when they got yeeted. is there a town aligned stump? I thought you can't be into a stump until you are eliminated . why did they make this claim?

and sheep claimed cop? why? was they being heavily scum read? I can see fake claiming here to cover real cop. but why was it do open? softing exists and that's what you do?? also mafia cop exists. also i do see this game so large obit we have multiple TI.

still why?

what else did I miss?
The name with the j was JPIC.

By all indications Nanook really is a stump...he is not on the poll, and is not on the day one exempt list. He claims he cannot vote. His alignment is unknown...it suddenly dawns on me that the permanence of his stump status is also unknown. His character choice would be interesting to know.

I dunno if you mean claims, but WerewolfHunter claims to be an ice cream sandwich and is kinda confused/vague on her role. I haven't seen anything else...
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 141
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

I'm a Dead/Spec chat.

This means I get to interact with people who are not in the game. Once per day the host randomizes one such person to be with me in a chat. Today it's [mention]Carotenoid[/mention]

I have confirmed with the host that yes, she can tell me about stuff that is happening in the spec chat right now, and yes, I can relay that info to you guys.

That said, I will never get to talk with anyone from the spec chat who has access to spoilers, just people who are blind like us players.

But this does means this is an unique opportunity for people who are not playing the game to... play the game.

So, to any of you folks from the spec chat who are reading this post: you may ask Carot to post a message from yours here through me. Comments? Reads? Messages of encouragement? Anything goes. Let carot know, or whoever gets in a chat with me after Day 1.
PunchyTheCat
The Mark
Posts in topic: 444
Preferred Pronouns: he/him (they/their is fine though)

Post by PunchyTheCat »

i fell asleep

might go to sleep again idk
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:00 pm i blocked punchys avatar bc it makes me so inexplicably uncomfortable i hate it so much
Marcher Jovian
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 135
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Marcher Jovian »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:40 pm I'm a Dead/Spec chat.

This means I get to interact with people who are not in the game. Once per day the host randomizes one such person to be with me in a chat. Today it's @Carotenoid

I have confirmed with the host that yes, she can tell me about stuff that is happening in the spec chat right now, and yes, I can relay that info to you guys.

That said, I will never get to talk with anyone from the spec chat who has access to spoilers, just people who are blind like us players.

But this does means this is an unique opportunity for people who are not playing the game to... play the game.

So, to any of you folks from the spec chat who are reading this post: you may ask Carot to post a message from yours here through me. Comments? Reads? Messages of encouragement? Anything goes. Let carot know, or whoever gets in a chat with me after Day 1.
hey Carote what are spec chat's reads so we can ignore them and mischop town :wowee:
Apogee
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 218
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Apogee »

This means I get to interact with people who are not in the game. Once per day the host randomizes one such person to be with me in a chat. Today it's @Carotenoid

To those who might not know this is a good ass role if we believe it's holder is town
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 103
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Apogee wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:33 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:31 pm [VOTE: exalt] aubergine

For the next phase of my plan! :feb:
Sloonei rping an evil mastermind seems appropriate
Evil? Do... do my henchman think I’m evil?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
WerewolfHunter
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 307
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by WerewolfHunter »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:40 pm
DaisyCloud wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:31 pm from what I remember

someone who's name starts with j clsimed jailor because they shot Tony and Tony flipped town. claiming during ita makes sense here. they don't want peeps to retaliate. however, mafia jailor exists tho. we wait and see i guess

nanook claims tree stump. why claim being useless? you can't vote right? or do I misremembered how tree stump works? only time I seen tree stump they were aligned with mafia originally and then became 3rd party stump when they got yeeted. is there a town aligned stump? I thought you can't be into a stump until you are eliminated . why did they make this claim?

and sheep claimed cop? why? was they being heavily scum read? I can see fake claiming here to cover real cop. but why was it do open? softing exists and that's what you do?? also mafia cop exists. also i do see this game so large obit we have multiple TI.

still why?

what else did I miss?
The name with the j was JPIC.

By all indications Nanook really is a stump...he is not on the poll, and is not on the day one exempt list. He claims he cannot vote. His alignment is unknown...it suddenly dawns on me that the permanence of his stump status is also unknown. His character choice would be interesting to know.

I dunno if you mean claims, but WerewolfHunter claims to be an ice cream sandwich and is kinda confused/vague on her role. I haven't seen anything else...
My role is pretty vague as it is and I'm working with info I received.

I also have no idea what tree stump means here at all. My assumption was that being frozen was another persons ability
AWESOM-O
Posts in topic: 80
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by AWESOM-O »

hey people
AWESOM-O

Post by AWESOM-O »

here we go again
Marcher Jovian
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Marcher Jovian »

Hey spec chat if ur reading this can y'all start up like a spec chat google doc to write messages to us?
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Apogee wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:43 pm

To those who might not know this is a good ass role if we believe it's holder is town
Isn't spec chat like...always wrong tho?

j/k...love you spec chat!!!
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
AWESOM-O

Post by AWESOM-O »

what does tapping out mean lol

can someone catch me up
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 61

Post by 112 »

AWESOM-O wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:44 pmhey people
hey person
AWESOM-O

Re: U-Pick Anything Volume 2 Game Thread (Day 0)

Post by AWESOM-O »

iaafr wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:20 amhi i'm steve
woah it's the classic rabbit
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Best role submission ever or best role submission ever? :beer:

I was gonna submit "The Job Game Queue" first but then I came up with this and that became my first option.
WerewolfHunter
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 307
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by WerewolfHunter »

please don't eat me although I may be tempting
Marcher Jovian
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Marcher Jovian »

AWESOM-O wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:45 pm what does tapping out mean lol

can someone catch me up
Getting chopped/yeeted/eliminated/exiled/punted/townkilled/airlocked/walked off the plank/guillotined/cuddled.
Maple
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 743

Post by Maple »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:21 pm
Maple wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:14 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:14 pm
Urist wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:12 pm not joking.. we can vote twice???
Day one, yeah. This further complicates my usual peaceful searching for town day one style.

So before I got sidetracked by Nanook I was thinking about shooting Ted. Any thoughts on that?
What are your reads?
Well...I was here a while ago...

Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:07 pm
cayvie wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:00 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:56 pm
cayvie wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:48 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:42 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:23 am Someone shoot jpic plz

Tony was obvious town
At this point the ONLY thing he had said about TSP was "bad Tony."

TSP had taken his shot at Hyena, who Nanook had stated was town.

The read on TSP as "obv town" is made up, whole cloth, on the spot, to convince people to shoot JPIC.

Why? I mean, I might have been inclined to shoot JPIC. I don't have a clear read on JPIC but he did shoot a townie so maybe? But this kind of blatant false push is a wolf all day long where I come from.
idk my read on nook is that he's overstating the strengths of his reads, especially townreads, in order to attempt to bring some focus to the thread. i think calling this a blatant false push is a bit much.
At that point calling Tony "obv town" wasn't overstating a read...Tony was flipped. There's no overstating that.

He was overstating, he was RETROACTIVING. Until Tony flipped there is no indication Nanook read him as town AT ALL, EVER.

This isn't trying to bring focus, this is bald faced lying to get a very dubious wolf read elevated to "shoot instantly" status.

Yes, maybe this is just big ego wanting to call shots. Or maybe it is just Nanook doing the same openwolf play that he just won with in Philosophers.
sounds like you've found your ITA target. who's town?
Despite calling him mythical I feel pretty good about Urist. I'm inclined to trust Rabbit. I actually feel pretty good about Rabbits generally, like all the day zero fun and frolic rabbit gif posting seemed very carefree townyish to me. So did you. Marcher is town I think, because being wrong about me and scared about me is not something I hold against him and he is genuinely trying to reason through it.

That's my start.
I'd add Ace as probably town. The "you" in that list is Cayvie.
Noted.
AWESOM-O

Post by AWESOM-O »

Marcher Jovian wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:47 pm
AWESOM-O wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:45 pm what does tapping out mean lol

can someone catch me up
Getting chopped/yeeted/eliminated/exiled/punted/townkilled/airlocked/walked off the plank/guillotined/cuddled.
oh wait is this how you submit your votes lmao
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

I spent the last 40m preparing something for when I take my ITA shot.

I am ready.

I just need to figure out who I'm shooting.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 117
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

You guys wake up too early for me to commit to my promise. It's really putting a hamper on analyzing. It doesn't help that I have:

1. My birthday tomorrow
2. I'm moving across country to Florida next week
3. The new semester started today for college

But that's alright, We're all hear to have a great time right? I'll catch up right now. We're gonna have fun with this game and roleplay the whole time, yeah?
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

I think Tim has been not-very-towny and isn't particularly pro-town in there general approach here.

However, deep in my heart of hearts, I believe there is a kernel of villager in there, trying to fight it's way free.
AWESOM-O

Post by AWESOM-O »

Maple wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:48 pm I spent the last 40m preparing something for when I take my ITA shot.

I am ready.

I just need to figure out who I'm shooting.
what's this about ita's lol
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:39 pm I'm back. If you have any questions that don't insult your own intelligence hmu.
i feel personally attacked rn
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

sprityo wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:49 pm Image

You guys wake up too early for me to commit to my promise. It's really putting a hamper on analyzing. It doesn't help that I have:

1. My birthday tomorrow

But that's alright, We're all hear to have a great time right? I'll catch up right now. We're gonna have fun with this game and roleplay the whole time, yeah?
Damn better shoot you today so we don't accidently kill you on your birthday
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

1. My birthday tomorrow

And then you remember [mention]Iwan[/mention] said he was gonna submit Monokuma.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:44 pm

Well, you are trying to chop Ace who is just so annoyingly pure that to the best of my knowledge even the rand refuses to call him scum...like he just always rands town...it's weird...so yeah maybe wanting to chop him is evil?
ImageImageImageImage
Apogee
Stool Pigeon

Post by Apogee »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:44 pm

Apologies master sloonei we will refer to you as brillant and controversial from here on out
AWESOM-O

Post by AWESOM-O »

am i expected to catch up
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

It's mechanically correct not to discuss nanook's claim for now in italics

just so everyone is aware
Marcher Jovian
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Marcher Jovian »

AWESOM-O wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:51 pm am i expected to catch up
no
AWESOM-O

Post by AWESOM-O »

Marcher Jovian wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:52 pm
no
what's the current votecount or whatever
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

have some fam time tonight, will maybe read along the thread depending on if its boring or not

will prob be done by ITAs, if that's at like 7 or w/e
Marcher Jovian
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Marcher Jovian »

AWESOM-O wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:52 pm
Marcher Jovian wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:52 pm
no
what's the current votecount or whatever
look at the poll
ThisIsNotAceMarvel
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by ThisIsNotAceMarvel »

WerewolfHunter wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:47 pm
please don't eat me although I may be tempting
Before attempting to eat an ice cream sandwich, think about all the calories, I wouldn't recommend doing it.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 34
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

sprityo wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:49 pm But that's alright, We're all hear to have a great time right? I'll catch up right now. We're gonna have fun with this game and roleplay the whole time, yeah?
I don't think some of us here can RP their characters. For example, a RP would require the stump (if actually a stump) to not say/post anything and then eventually be attacked by Macdougall's mod kill (idk if they're mod kill immune tho...)
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

people who have a good grasp of the game @ me with potential shots ty
AWESOM-O

Post by AWESOM-O »

i see ppl are voting me

r00d
AWESOM-O

Post by AWESOM-O »

marcher can be town for this lmao
Ephemeral
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 99

Post by Ephemeral »

1. My birthday tomorrow

hi nagito
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Maple wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:50 pm I think Tim has been not-very-towny and isn't particularly pro-town in there general approach here.

However, deep in my heart of hearts, I believe there is a kernel of villager in there, trying to fight it's way free.
I get that a lot. I'm sort of a natural wolf. Once I get rolling that makes me a really good townie to have around, because I know how wolves think, but day ones are hard. Bear with me.
ImageImageImageImage
DaisyCloud
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 725
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by DaisyCloud »

I have played a game where spectators were in the game thread/channel with players. it was a b@s@rd type game. I was town. town won. still I hot nothing but bad memories of that game. my right eye is twitching so much right now. that game was so mentally and emotionally draining.

is this a joke? please be jking.

have her/him give me some reassurance or something. if this is true.
siggy by ThisIsNotAceMarvel

Victories:
+Double Elimination Mafia
AWESOM-O

Post by AWESOM-O »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:57 pm
Maple wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:50 pm I think Tim has been not-very-towny and isn't particularly pro-town in there general approach here.

I get that a lot. I'm sort of a natural wolf. Once I get rolling that makes me a really good townie to have around, because I know how wolves think, but day ones are hard. Bear with me.
i guess tim can be town for this lmao?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

DaisyCloud wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:57 pm

I have played a game where spectators were in the game thread/channel with players. it was a b@s@rd type game. I was town. town won. still I hot nothing but bad memories of that game. my right eye is twitching so much right now. that game was so mentally and emotionally draining.

It's true.

I can't prove it tho. I mean the spec chat people will know I'm telling the truth if they ask carot. People here will have to believe what I say though.

All in all this is a way for non-players to add comment to the discussion, but otherwise this role has no mechanical effect in the game, nor it adds mechanically based info like cops.
ThisIsNotAceMarvel
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by ThisIsNotAceMarvel »

Think of Tim as Marshal, might look angry, but in the inside is fresh to death.
Apogee
Stool Pigeon

Post by Apogee »

DaisyCloud wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:57 pm

It's like a modified medium including spec chat

It's not ~that bastard and is a lot better than just having spec/whatever in the main thread lmao
xalt
Posts in topic: 64
Preferred Pronouns: anything

Post by xalt »

1. My birthday tomorrow

Murder is hardcore, I agree.

imeanwhat
Apogee
Stool Pigeon

Post by Apogee »

AWESOM-O wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:58 pm

i guess tim can be town for this lmao?
Hmmst

Wolfy lmao
And wolfy reachy townread

Add him to the list of thoughtcriminals
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Well I don't know if I'll get access to dead cops, I guess. I haven't asked Mac. He just said it will be unspoiled people.

Return to “Previous Jobs”