Total votes: 8
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 187
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: The Hobbit Mafia

Post by Marmot »

Mongoose wrote:I would like the record to reflect how happy I am that so many members of Animal Sanctuary Squad are here! (I have starting making A.S.S. trading cards). I feel like it's been awhile since we were all together.

Been forever since I was in a long game, so I'm excited to get entrenched.
Like I said before, I'm a wombat.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 408

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote: Been forever since I was in a long game, so I'm excited to get entrenched.
Lynch Mongoose on Day 1.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Mongoose wrote:I would like the record to reflect how happy I am that so many members of Animal Sanctuary Squad are here! (I have starting making A.S.S. trading cards). I feel like it's been awhile since we were all together.

Sorry, we already have a wombat.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 190
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Day 1 -- Across the Plains

As soon as the first ray of sunlight passed through Beorn's eastern window, the shaggy form walked in through the door. Small figures rubbed their eyes drowsily. No one had slept more than a few hours, and everyone had aches from the tension of sleeping among enemies.

"I have roamed as far east as I dared tonight, into the foothills of the mountains, while Gandalf kept watch. A great company of goblins, many score, crawled out of their tunnels. They are hunting you, and they will be upon us soon. Eat some breakfast, pack your things, and make ready to travel fast. I can provide ponies, and I will guard your flank until you make it to Mirkwood.

"No! We have to stay and fight! We won't let the goblins overrun your home!" cried Ninja Blooper, with a desperate but determined look.

"I appreciate your courage, little one, but that scum will not enter my home, not while I still live. In any case, they hunt your company, so the best you can do to protect my safety is to fly."

Gandalf broke in, "Forget not our quest. It is more important that we continue east and find the dragon. We cannot afford to become trapped here, for Durin's Day soon approaches. If we do not reach the Lonely Mountain by that Day, I fear that we may never reach it. For evil waxes, and the way becomes ever more dangerous."

"Gandalf is right," said Beorn. "You will set off at once."

And so the dwarves and the hobbit and the goblins among them set off northward, to reach the Way through Mirkwood. But almost before the horses had been saddled, tension began to boil over into a babble of open fear. Beorn, noticing this said, "You are right, of course. You must continue your journey to have any hope of completing your quest. But you must also deal with the evil among you. As you ride today, decide which among you is not as they seem. At the end of the Day, the one whom the majority has chosen will have to deal with me. I have no tolerance for orcs, and I especially despise their vile tricks and sneaking ways."

And so they set off across the plains, Beorn treaded along to the band's left and just a bit behind. The yellow-orange light behind him illuminated the shadow of a great bear, going on four legs. Gauging how far Beorn was proved difficult because of his massive size. The smaller figures looked around, and noticed something startling. Their number had not changed, but Gandalf was nowhere to be seen. They heard a wizened voice say "I too can change my appearance. I think most prudent to hide among you as well." Heads turned left and right, but the source of the voice could not be judged.

Though the day was bright, and the horses were fresh and well-laden, the tension did not dissipate, and so a discussion in low tones began.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 264

Post by Snow Dog »

^That answers my question.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
>SpaghettiEverywhere
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 31

Post by >SpaghettiEverywhere »

Goodness gracious, it's been a while.. howdy mafia friends, new and old!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 61
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Okay, so it is Day 1 now apparently. No more time for goofing off! :p

Captain Bunny Killer wrote:MovingPictures07, Master Smith of the Eternal Posts of Suspicion
Haha, so true. :haha:

Russtifinko wrote:Actually, I'm going to change this once more. All but 6 players have now checked in, and one of those just got her role a few hours ago. Poll is going up now, followed shortly by the Day 1 post. Note that the Day 1 lynch will actually END SATURDAY, JUST AFTER 4:30pm EST.

Because of the repeated changes to Day 0's schedule, ALL players will be receiving their 100 gold for the Day, regardless of whether they have checked in.

Contest entries will be accepted until I go to bed in about an hour. If you read this later and feel that you had something to contribute to the contest but did not get to participate because of the change, PM me and I will judge your entry on its own merits.
Bah, really? I was going to see what I could come up with tonight, and the contest didn't even last that long. But I suppose since you said we could PM you I still will do so and post mine in the thread and PM them to you.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Bah, really? I was going to see what I could come up with tonight, and the contest didn't even last that long. But I suppose since you said we could PM you I still will do so and post mine in the thread and PM them to you.
You snooze you lose, Alex! That'll teach you not to be on the ball!

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: Bah, really? I was going to see what I could come up with tonight, and the contest didn't even last that long. But I suppose since you said we could PM you I still will do so and post mine in the thread and PM them to you.
You snooze you lose, Alex! That'll teach you not to be on the ball!
Excuse me, I'm not the one who made a contest last for less than half a day. Some people have lives you know. :p
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Some people have lives you know. :p
Yeah, losers. :P

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Some people have lives you know. :p
Yeah, losers. :P
I didn't say I had a life. Just a job. :p

So, whom are we going to lynch?

What say you, llama, how about a non-poster?
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 223

Post by kneel4justice »

Aw man. Why do they have to be privately messaged. I was looking forward to all the wonderful things people were going to say about me! Lol
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:

It's early yet, but I could get behind that. As I've said many times, a non-posting civ is almost as bad as a baddie, so there's not much to lose.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

kneel4justice wrote:Aw man. Why do they have to be privately messaged. I was looking forward to all the wonderful things people were going to say about me! Lol
I agree. I say we petition to get the contest extended through Day 1, especially since it's something that IMO can take so much thought. That OR if anyone else PMs theirs in I say they should post them too!
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:Aw man. Why do they have to be privately messaged. I was looking forward to all the wonderful things people were going to say about me! Lol
I agree. I say we petition to get the contest extended through Day 1, especially since it's something that IMO can take so much thought. That OR if anyone else PMs theirs in I say they should post them too!
This idea would statistically decrease my chances of winning, so I strenuously oppose it.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

It's early yet, but I could get behind that. As I've said many times, a non-posting civ is almost as bad as a baddie, so there's not much to lose.
I'm not even sure I will do that, but there's no sense in not discussing it.

Frankly, I thought it was a bit weird that FZ. brought up her point that players could be suspicious for engaging in the contest. It's true baddies could be just as likely to want to win as civvies, but I don't see why that would be any lead whatsoever.

Though I guess it'd be better than randomizing, so. :p
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
This idea would statistically decrease my chances of winning, so I strenuously oppose it.
Lol, well, assuming I finish my submission, same here, but I want to see all of the submissions, and I have a feeling I won't finish mine tonight, lol.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

kneel4justice, He Who's Got That Super Bass
kneel4justice, He Whose Starships Were Meant to Fly
kneel4justice, Somebody Please Tell Em Who the Eff He Is
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

MovingPictures07 wrote: I'm not even sure I will do that, but there's no sense in not discussing it.

Frankly, I thought it was a bit weird that FZ. brought up her point that players could be suspicious for engaging in the contest. It's true baddies could be just as likely to want to win as civvies, but I don't see why that would be any lead whatsoever.

I was going to respond and say that I don't think it was weird of her, because I think it was a post that was aimed at trying to get the game going rather than have everyone just joke around (Because afterall, someone has to be the first to be serious, right?) but now that I think about it, I am not so sure that her post is as innocent as I thought. I say this because the most recent game where she was a townie, over on KSITE, she was not fond of me being so serious over a Day 1 poll. The situation is not identical but there could be something there.

TH and Juliets played that game, so I wonder if they make anything of it?
Turnip Head wrote:kneel4justice, He Who's Got That Super Bass
OMG. aslkdfal;dkgfj
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Wow, I really suck at this name thing. Lol.

kneel4justice wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: I'm not even sure I will do that, but there's no sense in not discussing it.

I was going to respond and say that I don't think it was weird of her, because I think it was a post that was aimed at trying to get the game going rather than have everyone just joke around (Because afterall, someone has to be the first to be serious, right?) but now that I think about it, I am not so sure that her post is as innocent as I thought. I say this because the most recent game where she was a townie, over on KSITE, she was not fond of me being so serious over a Day 1 poll. The situation is not identical but there could be something there.

OMG. aslkdfal;dkgfj
I know you folks over at KSite are right out of the gates, and I've only played a few games with FZ. so I can't attest to how weird it is, but nonetheless the thought itself struck me as weird -- like it was too forced at pushing the game into a serious direction, instead of letting it happen organically.

That's my ping anyway. It could be right, it could be wrong, maybe I'm full of shit. :p

I would be glad to hear what others think.

What do you think? Usually you have an opinion by now, don't you?
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Wow, I really suck at this name thing. Lol.

I know you folks over at KSite are right out of the gates, and I've only played a few games with FZ. so I can't attest to how weird it is, but nonetheless the thought itself struck me as weird -- like it was too forced at pushing the game into a serious direction, instead of letting it happen organically.

That's my ping anyway. It could be right, it could be wrong, maybe I'm full of shit. :p

I've expressed my opinion in that post, it could go either way. I have no real opinion as of right now. I don't have a lot of opinions because the game has yet to take a serious turn and for once I'm not trying to push it because unlike Ksite I find it doesn't work all that well on this site. So I was letting it happen 'organically'. :p
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:Actually, I'm going to change this once more. All but 6 players have now checked in, and one of those just got her role a few hours ago. Poll is going up now, followed shortly by the Day 1 post. Note that the Day 1 lynch will actually END SATURDAY, JUST AFTER 4:30pm EST.

Because of the repeated changes to Day 0's schedule, ALL players will be receiving their 100 gold for the Day, regardless of whether they have checked in.

Contest entries will be accepted until I go to bed in about an hour. If you read this later and feel that you had something to contribute to the contest but did not get to participate because of the change, PM me and I will judge your entry on its own merits.
Bah, really? I was going to see what I could come up with tonight, and the contest didn't even last that long. But I suppose since you said we could PM you I still will do so and post mine in the thread and PM them to you.
Yeah, this is a good point. I apologize for all the changes; Day 0 was a bit unorganized for me, figuring out how everything works as a host and such. So I dropped a few balls along the way. One thing was that more people had checked in than I thought, and I read the room as being eager to get on with the game (a sentiment I 100% shared).

I am totally with it now (I think), so it should go more smoothly from here on. Anyway, I agree completely that contest submissions should be posted in-thread and not PMed to me so that all can enjoy. I am also amenable to extending the contest deadline until the end of Day 1 so that everyone had a chance to participate. Let common sense and prudence prevail! So rule I, Host Rsusit.

(By the way, anyone who wants to make nicknames for me is welcome to as well. And though I really can't speak for S~V~S, I doubt she would mind either.)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

kneel4justice wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Wow, I really suck at this name thing. Lol.

I've expressed my opinion in that post, it could go either way. I have no real opinion as of right now. I don't have a lot of opinions because the game has yet to take a serious turn and for once I'm not trying to push it because unlike Ksite I find it doesn't work all that well on this site. So I was letting it happen 'organically'. :p
Touche. :p

I meant if you had an opinion about anything else (not about FZ., since you did provide it, which I appreciate it). Response appreciated.

I think I seriously might pull a Llama and vote a non-poster if there are still some that haven't shown up by tomorrow. I don't know. I want to see how people react.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Russtifinko wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Yeah, this is a good point. I apologize for all the changes; Day 0 was a bit unorganized for me, figuring out how everything works as a host and such. So I dropped a few balls along the way. One thing was that more people had checked in than I thought, and I read the room as being eager to get on with the game (a sentiment I 100% shared).

I am totally with it now (I think), so it should go more smoothly from here on. Anyway, I agree completely that contest submissions should be posted in-thread and not PMed to me so that all can enjoy. I am also amenable to extending the contest deadline until the end of Day 1 so that everyone had a chance to participate. Let common sense and prudence prevail! So rule I, Host Rsusit.

(By the way, anyone who wants to make nicknames for me is welcome to as well. And though I really can't speak for S~V~S, I doubt she would mind either.)
Yay!!!!!! :yay:

And I wasn't trying to undermine you, if you felt so, by the way -- merely expressing my opinion. You've done a great job picking up the hosting ball already! As a longtime host, I truly understand how insane of an amount of effort goes into it. :noble:

And I am totally adding you and S~V~S to my list, which I will have to finish later or something because I have to go now... it's slowly getting there.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Touche. :p

I meant if you had an opinion about anything else (not about FZ., since you did provide it, which I appreciate it). Response appreciated.

I think I seriously might pull a Llama and vote a non-poster if there are still some that haven't shown up by tomorrow. I don't know. I want to see how people react.
Why are you so set (you've mentioned it more than once, I wasn't sure if you were serious) on a low poster vote though? I can understand if we were farther into the day and nothing happened but the day just only started. I think instead of planning on voting for a non participant we should start digging around and see if anything warrants suspicion and if not, then we vote a low poster.

And I'm not quite sure why you admitted to wanting to see how people react. Now their walls are up concerning anything you say. But we'll see if you find anything noteworthy even now, I guess!
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 264

Post by Snow Dog »

Russtifinko the oxidised
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

kneel4justice wrote:

OMG. aslkdfal;dkgfj
k4j, my first gut response to what FZ. said was that she was trying to shift us into what we were supposed to be doing, trying to find baddies. I thought she was just throwing out an idea for discussion like I saw her do at the game on ksite. I'll have to go back and try to read the beginning of the game we played because I don't remember her getting at you for being so serious (though god knows, I can't remember a lot of things from that game! :) ) So, your thoughts give me pause. I'll be interested to see what TH has to say.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 56
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

thellama73 wrote:Kylemii the surprisingly deft
surprisingly? :0 lol
Epignosis wrote:Kylemii the Extemporaneous Thespian
this is brilliantly clever and i love you
kneel4justice wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: Touche. :p

Why are you so set (you've mentioned it more than once, I wasn't sure if you were serious) on a low poster vote though? I can understand if we were farther into the day and nothing happened but the day just only started. I think instead of planning on voting for a non participant we should start digging around and see if anything warrants suspicion and if not, then we vote a low poster.

And I'm not quite sure why you admitted to wanting to see how people react. Now their walls are up concerning anything you say. But we'll see if you find anything noteworthy even now, I guess!
I agree with this, stating from the get-go that you plan to vote for a non poster this early opens it up for baddies to remind their teammates to post so they don't get got. It's better to discuss voting that way later on if nothing else comes up.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I do remember that FZ got on your case for taking the Day 0 discussion too seriously in the KSite game k4j. Not sure what it means here, like juliets said I think FZ is just eager to start the proper discussion, much like you were in that game.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 10

Post by S~V~S »

Ohhhh Kyle, I LOVE that avatar :D
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

S~V~S wrote:Ohhhh Kyle, I LOVE that avatar :D
Thank you, SVS! I've been rewatching Lost lately on Netflix and I was just thinking "hmmm what's something iconic and cool that's also red" and then the bad robot thing popped up and i was like... dude :0
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 152

Post by Dom »

Just checking in, Sorry I've been less present than I'd like to be. I've had quite the day!

I see FZ and MP have been talking quite a bit. That doesn't surprise me one bit. Kyle, I think you make a fair point. I would like to read up on this more when I have time. We have until Saturday, which is nice.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 87
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Usually I am down with a no-poster vote on Day 1, but man, I'm just not feeling it today. Maybe it's because I've had a decent hiatus and want to vote someone for merit-based reasons, but I'm still unsure.
(I'm watching a film called Diminished Capacity and Louis CK is already hilarious).
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Dom wrote:Just checking in, Sorry I've been less present than I'd like to be. I've had quite the day!

I see FZ and MP have been talking quite a bit. That doesn't surprise me one bit. Kyle, I think you make a fair point. I would like to read up on this more when I have time. We have until Saturday, which is nice.
I kind of disagree with your observation. FZ hasn't talked all that much about anything of substance, and I'm not blaming her either.

To FZ (and everyone else):
When checking back to verify this I reread her original post about the nicknames thing and see I must have paid more attention to someones response than her actual post because it is not what I thought it would so my post referring to how it may be weird doesn't really hold of substance anymore. Sorry for future readers who I've probably confused now. Lol
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

FZ's comment would have seriously pinged me coming from anyone else, but she has been like this in every game I've played with her, so I don't think anything of it. She just really wants to kill baddies on Day 0.

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote: Vompatti the single-chaired
Freakin lol, man.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Russtifinko wrote:Goblin Town Goblins
Goblin Sapper
Goblin with an affinity for fire and explosives.
(Secret).

Moria Goblins
Goblin Sapper
Every night, can plant bombs on other players. These have a 1/3 chance of killing a voter at random if the chosen player is lynched.
Two roles named Goblin Sapper? lol
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

thellama73 wrote:
Mongoose wrote: Been forever since I was in a long game, so I'm excited to get entrenched.
Lynch Mongoose on Day 1.
Can anyone tell me if this back and forth banter between llama and Mongoose a regular thing? Because it seems little like distancing. Something along the lines of : If the two were working together they wouldn't be going at each other like that in a playful obvious way...

MovingPictures07 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

I'm not even sure I will do that, but there's no sense in not discussing it.

Can you elaborate on your comment about me, whether you thought it was strange that I thought baddies wanted to win (which is completely not what I said), or the fact that I said the contest made it easier for baddies to blend in and like other said, came off as aggressive?

Because if it's the former, than you just misunderstood and I meant that it's the kind of conversation that helps the baddies blend in, because they can participate without having to fear what they say can be used against them. I think it's pretty obvious.
If it's the latter, it makes me more concerned, because I would expect that comment from people who haven't played with me, not those who have. I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt because it's been a while since we played together, and we didn't play that much, but like llama said, I like to get the game moving early on, and people who know me, know that, and I thought of you as someone who should know that.

As for K4J, you worried me there for a moment, with your comment about how I suspected you for being too serious last game we played together, and now I was being too serious, because I don't think it was like that at all, because I felt someone should mention that this isn't going to lead us anywhere and maybe progress the conversation, but I think I was far from being too serious. But I see you repented, so it makes me feel better about you, because why post that last post if it wasn't genuine (still, after last game, I'm going to be a lot more watchful with you.)

In any case, I have to admit that this is something I struggle with here on TS every game. Too much time of trying to do nothing, and then people either randomly vote, or even worse, self vote, or just vote for the no shows.

Now, I have my eye on someone, but I want to see what that person will say further into the day, so I'll decide who I want to vote for when I come back on Saturday before the deadline. And thanks for making the deadline on Saturday, Russ, it's so much better for me :D
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

One other thing, I see people pointing fingers at MP for "pushing" for a low poster. I agree that it's too early to decide such a thing, but going after MP for that seems too easy. I always want to vote for those who are not around because I think why the heck sign up if you're not going to play, and it makes it harder for the civs to figure out who is scum. But even though I say it and want it, I usually do it only if I really don't have a reason to vote for someone else. So far, MP hasn't voted...I think. So to me, it seems more like him talking the big talk in order to move the conversation along. Even though I didn't like what he said about me, at the moment, he seems like the person who's moving the game along the most, and for that reason, I think I don't like those who are targeting him. Now I need to go back and see who they were. Damn, this game is too big :p
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Turnip Head wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:Goblin Town Goblins
Goblin Sapper
(Secret).

Moria Goblins
Goblin Sapper
Every night, can plant bombs on other players. These have a 1/3 chance of killing a voter at random if the chosen player is lynched.
Two roles named Goblin Sapper? lol
Yep! They're different, though, I promise! I had 2 ideas for a role like that and really liked both of them, so I kept them both in.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Lizzy »

I think it's best we clarify this from the beginning: Monsieur le Host, how will you be dealing with non-participants (no votes and/or no PMs)?

When I play I normally try to avoid lynching non-participants, except for a few occasions when I was bad, because that is usually a baddie tactic. However, in the X-Men game, 3 baddies out of 7 were basically non-participants, so it's not always civillians. In our Harry Potter game, we used to punish people who wouldn't vote or send in their PMs with a +1 vote the next day which was cumulative, depending on how many votes you missed. I know this may have seemed a bit extreme, especially when we had to modkill 3 people because they didn't participate, but we thought it wasn't fair towards the others who actively posted and voted, and who were thus more vulnerable.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Lizzy wrote:I think it's best we clarify this from the beginning: Monsieur le Host, how will you be dealing with non-participants (no votes and/or no PMs)?

When I play I normally try to avoid lynching non-participants, except for a few occasions when I was bad, because that is usually a baddie tactic. However, in the X-Men game, 3 baddies out of 7 were basically non-participants, so it's not always civillians. In our Harry Potter game, we used to punish people who wouldn't vote or send in their PMs with a +1 vote the next day which was cumulative, depending on how many votes you missed. I know this may have seemed a bit extreme, especially when we had to modkill 3 people because they didn't participate, but we thought it wasn't fair towards the others who actively posted and voted, and who were thus more vulnerable.
Exactly! That's partly what the Gold mechanic is for. I believe in positive reinforcement of desirable behavior, so you get rewarded for participating instead of being punished for not participating. Not participating will set you back, though, since you won't get Gold from voting in polls and doing contests and such. I'm actually hoping the gold bonus will be enough to exactly compensate players who are participating for the risk they take by putting themselves out there. Economics ftw!

We'll see how it works out. However, I do not have any plans to modkill players for lack of participation at this time. If player participation is a big issue a few days from now, I would more likely ask deadies to sub in for non-participants than killing off their roles. If that happened, I would likely retroactively award Gold to the player subbing in based on their level of participation in their first role.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Lizzy »

Thanks! Hopefully it won't be an issue. I just remembered how we struggled with it, and we did end up using deadies as replacements, but you can do that for so long.

And you reminded me of this :p

I should go dig for this album one of these days.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 130

Post by Bullzeye »

I wasn't really in much of a mood for mafia yesterday, but I'm back now! Have more pressing issues in another game but I'll catch up soon and see if there's anything worth saying. Probably not considering it's day one :p
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 152

Post by Dom »

kneel4justice wrote:
Dom wrote:Just checking in, Sorry I've been less present than I'd like to be. I've had quite the day!

I kind of disagree with your observation. FZ hasn't talked all that much about anything of substance, and I'm not blaming her either.

When checking back to verify this I reread her original post about the nicknames thing and see I must have paid more attention to someones response than her actual post because it is not what I thought it would so my post referring to how it may be weird doesn't really hold of substance anymore. Sorry for future readers who I've probably confused now. Lol
K4J, I realize I mixed the two of you up. Sometimes I do that in my head because you both remind me of the other. Sorry!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Dom wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:

K4J, I realize I mixed the two of you up. Sometimes I do that in my head because you both remind me of the other. Sorry!
Dom, what kind of behavior do you look out for on Day 1. What influences your vote? Do you like voting for non-participants? Do you like randomizing? What pings you?

I am particularly interested in what you have to say on this topic.

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

FZ. wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Lynch Mongoose on Day 1.
Can anyone tell me if this back and forth banter between llama and Mongoose a regular thing? Because it seems little like distancing. Something along the lines of : If the two were working together they wouldn't be going at each other like that in a playful obvious way...
It is actually a daily occurrence because we are very close friends IRL. :D Yeah, we were just joking around. Unless my first barb was in fact serious and then he would proceed to bring down the hammer upon my sneaky self.

I have no desire to go after him for nonsense reasons because that's one snake you can't untangle easily from your legs. In fact, I really really really thought he was bad in the speed game and he wasn't and I still feel really bad about it, so it would have to be something uber-compelling to have me lean that way (and not very likely at all on Day 1).

(Also, glad you are okay!)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Would anyone like to make a wager than Vompatti will vote for Vompatti?

Good host analysis, Lizzy.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Boogs »

Larger games are always more difficult for me like I said when I sign up, so I have no idea who I'm looking at for my lynch vote yet.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 187
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Sorry, we already have a wombat.
:ponder:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.

Return to “Previous Jobs”