(Host/Mod/Dead)
63%

Total votes: 8
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 281

Re: The Hobbit Mafia

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Wow, just got home. This is so INSANELY upsetting to me I can't even express it in words. I was looking forward to this game SO much. Now I won't be able to likely even play a big game on my own site before I start my PhD program.

Apparently, I can't ever play without attracting a ton of suspicion to myself, so whatever.
Cheer up!

If you're good, then ask to substitute in. :hug:

If you're evil, then good. :feb:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I was looking forward to this game SO much. Now I won't be able to likely even play a big game on my own site before I start my PhD program.
Aww, c'mon dude. I feel bad about lynching anyone Day 1, it sucks, but you don't have to go making us feel all guilty about it like this :blush: Now I'm even more unsure.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 223

Post by kneel4justice »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Wow, just got home. This is so INSANELY upsetting to me I can't even express it in words. I was looking forward to this game SO much. Now I won't be able to likely even play a big game on my own site before I start my PhD program.

Apparently, I can't ever play without attracting a ton of suspicion to myself, so whatever.
Sorry if you're civvie, MP. And even if you're a baddie, because I would have loved you to be in this game as a player longer. I really do enjoy playing with you but the one time I let that cloud my vision you were mafia and I defended you against everyone despite my initial ping. I felt like I had to put the emotional aspect aside.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 61
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip Head wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I was looking forward to this game SO much. Now I won't be able to likely even play a big game on my own site before I start my PhD program.
Aww, c'mon dude. I feel bad about lynching anyone Day 1, it sucks, but you don't have to go making us feel all guilty about it like this :blush: Now I'm even more unsure.
I'm sorry, I'm not trying to guilt anyone, I'm just really upset.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 223

Post by kneel4justice »

FZ. wrote:Damn, I missed the vote with all the posts coming in after mine and having to ignore them...not that it mattered.
MP better be a baddie :eek:
I wondered where FZ was. Not like her to be here so close to the lynch without voting!
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Any parting advice for us, MP?
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 190
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Host post coming! I'll put the poll up first so we stay close to this time.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 56

Post by FZ. »

kneel4justice wrote:
FZ. wrote:Also, which do you think is worse. Daisy's vote for INH for being over-defensive, or MP's vote for Daisy, for not explaining what is so bad about a strong vote?
I do no see what is bad about Daisy's vote. Seems like it makes sense to me. If I had chose to vote for INH, that would be my reason.
Why are you against MP? You're all over the place but I don't get why. Maybe because I wasn't here to watch it go down live I don't feel the suspense as I sometimes do.
Go read back. The way the votes were piling up and people's reasons just didn't sit well with me. Also, I strongly disagree about INH. What on earth would he gain by his reaction to Julliets as a baddie? And being over defensive when no one has voted for you or suspected you just seems crazy to me and not something a baddie would be caught dead doing

linki:@ Sorry man, I really wanted to play with you too, and I have no idea what just happened. It went too fast for me. I just hope that you are a baddie, and if not, I'm sorry...well, I'm sorry even if you are. :consoling:

linki:@ Funny K4J :P I was trying to vote, but I couldn't get to the page, it kept showing me new posts. I guess there's a down side to the linki thing after all
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Captain Bunny Killer »

Man, I am SO sorry, MP. Whether you're a baddie or not, I know how often this happens to you. I swear I hadn't even looked at how many votes you had when I voted (not that it should change it if I really was suspicious of you). No matter your alignment, that stinks. :(
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip Head wrote:Any parting advice for us, MP?
No, not really.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 49

Post by Spacedaisy »

FZ. wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:MP's suspicion of FZ feels made up to me, lol. I reread her 7 posts and I don't see a single trace of anything that could be construed as "insincere". MP pushed the notion a few times before settling on not finding her suspicious but continues to namedrop FZ even after that.

I think one thing baddie-MP likes to do is toss out a suspicion, then intentionally waffle on it a few times before settling on something else. It makes it look like he's actively baddie hunting when really he's running himself around in a circle.

I don't really suspect MP for saying Llama has a good gut. I tend to think MP makes those sorts of generalizations all the time. Perhaps MP has seen Llama's gut instincts pay off moreso than not. Although I am questioning his intentions behind stating it.

Spacedaisy, what do you make of the fact that MP ended up quickly turning around and voting for you?
It did not strike me as suspicious actually. It struck me as normal MP.
I wonder if this is your way of trying to look better if MP comes out a civvie

For what it's worth I'm voting Daisy
I have the benefit (or disadvantage depending on the situation) of being with MP in person. His response to realizing he was likely going to die was one of extreme frustration. If I am frank this is why I gave this response. Empathy probably, more than anything else. I've been there and it sucks. Plus I genuinely don't suspect him at this point.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 408

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
I know how you feel, and I fel really bad, not just for you, but for me, because I like having you around in games to talk to. At least now I will be the highest poster and attract Hedgeowl's vote.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
I know how you feel, and I fel really bad, not just for you, but for me, because I like having you around in games to talk to. At least now I will be the highest poster and attract Hedgeowl's vote.
You bastard, I wanted that top poster spot so bad. :p
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

THE POLL IS BROKEN!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:THE POLL IS BROKEN!
Lol.

It's because he has to delete the poll and create a new one. I sent him a PM letting him know, but maybe he'll see this post first.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

This is sad. I hate it when the top posters get lynched. Just seems unfair
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Did we get the results of the lynch and I somehow missed it?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Day 1 Lynch

The mood among the group started out cheerful. The day was bright, and the sight of Beorn padding alongside them at a distance was encouraging. A few of the players created amusing nicknames for each other, and some poetry was even written.

"Lynch llama!" cried Mongoose. "Lynch Mongoose!" cried llama. No one paid them any attention beyond a few sideways glances and an eye roll. Soon, though, the reality of what Beorn had asked them to do set in, and the company began to accuse each other of nefariousness in earnest.

Many names were called out, for varied reasons. Some of the companions, mistrustful of their own instincts, or perhaps unwilling to put anyone to death, flipped coins and rolled dice to determine where their vote would go. In fact, most of the travelers did this. They also looked at portents in the sky, and read tea leaves and such nonsense. A number of interesting philosophical debates about their predicament were had.

As afternoon gave way to evening, though, the talk got even more serious. The number of names being murmured fearfully shrank until there were 4, and one of these was clearly on the most tongues.

Finally, as the sun was about to set, the company finally reach the outskirts of Mirkwood, the Forest of Great Fear. As they dismounted, rubbing their chafed flanks, Beorn climbed over the hill in the shape of a man. He said, "I have kept the goblins at a distance, but more will come, and eventually they will be bold or foolish enough to attack. The only way out of this danger is, I fear, into even greater danger. Beware this forest, for it has an unwholesome spirit. Stay on the elf-path; but remember that it is winding, and that the forest will try to mislead you. Do not eat anything from the forest, and do not even touch the waters of the river. If you heed my advice, you may pass through unscathed."

"I set you a task this morning. Whom have you chosen?"

Turnip Head, from the midst of the crowd, gave a shove, and into the clearing stumbled an angry MovingPictures07. "You bastards robbed me of my first chance to play in ages! How could you??"

Some members of the company turned their backs and began to walk into the forest, and others were unable to turn away, rooted to the spot. The great bear tore into MP savagely, and as he did, a piercing whine rang out. Smoke billowed from MP's wounds, and eventually his body crumbled in on itself and fell to dust. Beorn, a man once more, looked up at them with a wild grin on his hairy face. "I guess you'll have to forgive the long detour north. It seems the southern path through Mirkwood would've been safe after all."

MP has been lynched. He was the Necromancer.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 264

Post by Snow Dog »

Sorry MP. Will be sad to see you go. Truly
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Burn in hell, all of you. :feb:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Russtifinko wrote:
MP has been lynched. He was the Necromancer.
I no longer fel sorry for you, MP. :P

Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 264

Post by Snow Dog »

....on the other hand. Well done mp voters. I doff my cap
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Woot!!!!! Pfft, trying to make me feel all guilty there for a second :P Sorry to see you go MP, but not sorry to lose your role! :bounce:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I voted Drink. We will stop at a pub along the way.

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 49

Post by Spacedaisy »

Well... I didn't suspect you. I'm still sorry because I know you were truly upset to die out of the blue. :( But I am glad the role is gone.

And I voted journal just because.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I'll have a drink with you, Logan. I can't see myself ever forgetting to bring food.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

So my immediate thought is to look at the people MP talked about voting for, but then backed away from: Dom and FZ. It is typical of him to cast early doubts on them, then vote for someone else. That way, if they ever get lynched, he can claim he knew they were bad all along. Classic distancing.

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

:phew:
Damn, second time you fooled me MP, though I'd like to think I was starting to see you as a baddie. Sorry to see you go. Hope you do get the time to play more.

Anyway, great job those who voted for him and great start!! :D

By the way, now that the day is over, I wanted to ask what happened with the Pokemon game on RM? Who won? I can't get into the site or see it, I keep getting an "error 403-forbidden" sign, so I couldn't be rezzed :( And I really wanted to.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Oh yay! MP I'm so sorry this is your first game in awhile and I do hate to see you go but I'm so glad we got a baddie. It so rarely happens.

linki, linki, linki
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Night 1 -- The Entrance to Mirkwood

After MP's death, the forest seemed a brighter place. Even as the sun set, the leaves seemed to regain some healthy green color. The travellers knew, however, that they had to keep moving.

A number of them, lost in thought over the day's events, fumbled in their pockets and realized they were missing things they'd intended to bring. reywaS, for example, could not for the life of him find his handkerchief. "And here I thought I had packed so well," he said to himself with a sigh.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

thellama73 wrote:So my immediate thought is to look at the people MP talked about voting for, but then backed away from: Dom and FZ. It is typical of him to cast early doubts on them, then vote for someone else. That way, if they ever get lynched, he can claim he knew they were bad all along. Classic distancing.
You do have a point here, but while this might be true about Dom, because he said he'll vote for him, yet I don't think he voted, and it went both ways, it's not true about me.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

FZ. wrote:By the way, now that the day is over, I wanted to ask what happened with the Pokemon game on RM? Who won? I can't get into the site or see it, I keep getting an "error 403-forbidden" sign, so I couldn't be rezzed :( And I really wanted to.
It just ended yesterday, civvies won! It was almost a clean sweep, we lynched 4 baddies in 5 Days. MP played that game (and was a baddie) by the way. And I'm sure we will get to play many more with him in the future :)

Weird that it's giving you that error, I've been able to access the site just fine :eek:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

FZ. wrote:
thellama73 wrote:So my immediate thought is to look at the people MP talked about voting for, but then backed away from: Dom and FZ. It is typical of him to cast early doubts on them, then vote for someone else. That way, if they ever get lynched, he can claim he knew they were bad all along. Classic distancing.
You do have a point here, but while this might be true about Dom, because he said he'll vote for him, yet I don't think he voted, and it went both ways, it's not true about me.
Sorry. I didn't mean to cast aspersions about you.

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I chose a rope because being a city girl and not a trip expert, there's no way I would remember to take something like that, and I bet it couldn't hurt.

linki @ Who were the baddies? And goo job! What was your role? I have no idea, but it's been like that for a few weeks, and it's in all my computers.

linki @ It's okay. I forgive you :p I'm just not sure if this isn't your way of deliberately making me look bad
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

BWT, Kyle, MP (recruited) and FH were the baddies. I was a neutral role, but I wasn't able to be killed at night, so I played for the good guys :D
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

FZ. wrote: linki @ It's okay. I forgive you :p I'm just not sure if this isn't your way of deliberately making me look bad
I only want to deliberately make you look bad if you are bad. I think Dom is more likely, though, based on my earlier suspicion.

Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark

I chose drink. I would assume that water could be found along the way (and would have to be refilled anyway).
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Ok, the contest has been decided! Here are your winners, in no particular order:
thellama73 wrote:Elohcin, lover of cakes
Epignosis, lover of lover of cakes
Captain Bunny Killer wrote:MovingPictures07, Master Smith of the Eternal Posts of Suspicion
Epignosis wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Boogs the Manacled, Deliverer of Purrs
This one made me laugh mostly because of the spelling error and Epi's picture. He also put together a hilarious list of nicknames, some of which were exceptionally close to winding up here. In addition to llama, CBK, and TH, he is also awarded 100 gold for his effort!

Congratulations to all the winners. Further contests will be forthcoming.

Every night, in addition to the Night poll, there will be a riddle. Only one guess per player is allowed, and correct guesses will be rewarded with 100 gold! Tonight's riddle:

I wait for sun's rising, perfectly still.
The medicine I deliver will kill.
I ran from a saint but strike down sinners too.
You could end up in my belly but I never chew.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Turnip Head wrote:BWT, Kyle, MP (recruited) and FH were the baddies. I was a neutral role, but I wasn't able to be killed at night, so I played for the good guys :D
Hey, I told you FH was too nice, lol. I wanted to lynch her the first day and you were all on my case. Glad to know my instincts don't always suck, haha
By the way, did MP "suspect" his buddies in that game or ignore them?

linki @ congrats winners!
Are the riddles strictly theme related, or can laymen know them too?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark

Host, maybe this is obvious, but are we pming our guesses?
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

FZ. wrote:Are the riddles strictly theme related, or can laymen know them too?
They are designed in the hope that anyone will be able to answer them, and no knowledge of Tolkien should be required to answer any of them.

One final thing before I get out of your collective hair and let Night get under way: Players I have down as not voting are BWT, Dom, FH, FZ., Lizzy, Mongoose, reywaS, and >SE. If any of you did actually vote and for some reason it was not counted, please notify me so that I can give you your gold.

Also, I will not at any point be publicly announcing who has how much gold, for what I hope are obvious reasons. If at any point you do want to know how much you have, please ask me via PM and I'll tell you your balance.

Linki: ALL GUESSES ARE TO BE PM'ED! You are free to discuss answers in-thread if you want, but remember that everyone who submits a correct answer will get gold, and they may or may not share your alignment. Only answers submitted by PM will be eligible to receive gold.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Russtifinko wrote:
FZ. wrote:Are the riddles strictly theme related, or can laymen know them too?
They are designed in the hope that anyone will be able to answer them, and no knowledge of Tolkien should be required to answer any of them.

One final thing before I get out of your collective hair and let Night get under way: Players I have down as not voting are BWT, Dom, FH, FZ., Lizzy, Mongoose, reywaS, and >SE. If any of you did actually vote and for some reason it was not counted, please notify me so that I can give you your gold.

Also, I will not at any point be publicly announcing who has how much gold, for what I hope are obvious reasons. If at any point you do want to know how much you have, please ask me via PM and I'll tell you your balance.

Linki: ALL GUESSES ARE TO BE PM'ED! You are free to discuss answers in-thread if you want, but remember that everyone who submits a correct answer will get gold, and they may or may not share your alignment. Only answers submitted by PM will be eligible to receive gold.
I swear I was trying to vote after I posted I was voting for Daisy, but if wouldn't bring me to the poll because it kept showing me the new posts every time I pressed submit. I've been here all along, I said who I was voting for, and I didn't try to hide or avoid voting. So please give me my gold.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I would definitely remember food, drink and a rope for my journey but I could easily forget a journal.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 19

Post by DFaraday »

Brilliant result! Bye, MP!

Rope seems like something I might forget.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

FZ. wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:BWT, Kyle, MP (recruited) and FH were the baddies. I was a neutral role, but I wasn't able to be killed at night, so I played for the good guys :D
Hey, I told you FH was too nice, lol. I wanted to lynch her the first day and you were all on my case. Glad to know my instincts don't always suck, haha
By the way, did MP "suspect" his buddies in that game or ignore them?
Both of MP's teammates were low posters and he called them both out once for being quiet. When we lynched Kyle, MP was the first to vote for him. There was no "hard" distancing to the degree that Llama is suggesting, but I definitely think MP would be capable of doing so.
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 55

Post by Vompatti »

Good result. Voted for camel.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Boogs »

Doing this from my phone so it wont be long.

Glad Mp died! I was kinda pinged by him, but he just.played in my Pokemon game as mentioned. I do want to note he was quick to turn on FH and kyle in that game, so i may be looking at Spacedaisy tomorrow because he voted for her (If i am remembering because i am out and using my phone). Also, i want to vote drink because i remember reading The Hobbit (i was 12 so I cant remember the whole book), they drank alcohol a lot. If i am going to travel, i need drink.

FZ- SVS ended up taking your role when you got rezzed and she helped lead discussion to let the civs and TH win :)
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 87
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

I picked "Journal" because it's the least practical of the three items. I'm pretty practical and can't imagine being without the requisite tools or vittles needed for such an epic undertaking.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote:I picked "Journal" because it's the least practical of the three items. I'm pretty practical and can't imagine being without the requisite tools or vittles needed for such an epic undertaking.
Is that why you chose not to vote in the lynch poll too? Or do you just hate gold?

Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 87
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:
Mongoose wrote:I picked "Journal" because it's the least practical of the three items. I'm pretty practical and can't imagine being without the requisite tools or vittles needed for such an epic undertaking.
Is that why you chose not to vote in the lynch poll too? Or do you just hate gold?
You know where I was but everyone else doesn't -- after Book Club, we made an impromptu trip out of town to see my friend's new baby. It had yellow poop. I'm not known for non-participation, so I don't expect it will happen again.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”