(Host/Mod/Dead)
63%

Total votes: 8
>SpaghettiEverywhere
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 31

Re: The Hobbit Mafia

Post by >SpaghettiEverywhere »

Yikes. Started off on a bad note by missing a vote :/ (if it's any consolation for anyone, I was at a fundraiser for a mission trip i am attending this summer, so at least it was for a good cause) Fantastic result though, starting off on a baddie lynch is always good, instead of the usual lynching of a civ. Sorry to see you go though, MP. You always contribute so much to these games. Only had time to skim the thread before dinner, I'm gonna head back through and have a read through later. Im thinking we should look at anyone trying to divert attention from MP towards the end of the vote.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 87
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

I'm really impressed y'all nabbed, MP! It took me a long time to read through all that I had missed just today.

I didn't really pick up on the MP stuff when I read through it, but since it was retroactively, maybe I would have gotten better intuition if I'd read it live. Either way, I'm super elated to see such a high-caliber level of discussion on Day 1, and I think it sets a really good precedent for the game.

Gonna watch the Dom/Llama blossom unfold.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 223

Post by kneel4justice »

Yes!!!! I am so thrilled and of course relieved that MP was bad. I am sorry you couldn't play longer, MP. I love playing with you, you're fun and a great person. I'll be looking forward to our next game together where hopefully you're a civvie and you'll last longer.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 42
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Yay for lynching a baddie on the first Day! (and sorry you're leaving so soon, MP - it was fun playing with you for a bit!)

I wish I could vote underpants, because for some reason I've forgotten to pack those on more than one occasion. Oops.

But I think I will go with rope, because I'd probably never think of that, whereas I'd eat, drink, and write to my heart's content on a journey :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
>SpaghettiEverywhere
Stool Pigeon

Post by >SpaghettiEverywhere »

I'm going to vote drink, seems I always forget to pack a water bottle
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 83

Post by reywaS »

Russtifinko wrote:
Night 1 -- The Entrance to Mirkwood

After MP's death, the forest seemed a brighter place. Even as the sun set, the leaves seemed to regain some healthy green color. The travellers knew, however, that they had to keep moving.

A number of them, lost in thought over the day's events, fumbled in their pockets and realized they were missing things they'd intended to bring. reywaS, for example, could not for the life of him find his handkerchief. "And here I thought I had packed so well," he said to himself with a sigh.
So, so, so, so sorry! For whatever reason I thought that the lynch ended later than it did. I will make sure this does not happen again.
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Oh poop on a pinwheel. I missed an entire PAGE of posts when I was doing the reread. You must have thought I was verklempt and/or slow when I said I didn't see a case on MP. I've now seen Epi's summary (et al). I had hoped to wait well into Day 3 before embarrassing myself.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Hedgeowl »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:I'll be sticking with my focus on the high posters this game. You know who you are. :eye:

Top ten posters, you've been warned. :D
Bring it. :feb:
What is the appropriate comeback to this? Brought it! :noble:

Turnip Head wrote:Hedgie, did you vote for MP simply because he's the top poster?
Actually no. I looked at the top 5 posters at the time; MP, Llama, You- TH, Leamiteo, and Metal. Of those 5 only MP had a vote on him already. Since I know it is typical of his and llamas playstyle to to be top posters I would have cut him some slack. However, the votes were already so spread out. I can't claim anything more brilliant than that honestly.

I did go back and look at WWE where the top posters thing started for me. Of the top 10 posters, 4 out of 6 were bad. Granted two of them were alive at the end of the game. Based on this small sample group I decided to test this theory again.

So sorry to miss playing with you MP however. :hug: This is already a game off to a great start with lively discussion.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 152

Post by Dom »

thellama73 wrote:So my immediate thought is to look at the people MP talked about voting for, but then backed away from: Dom and FZ. It is typical of him to cast early doubts on them, then vote for someone else. That way, if they ever get lynched, he can claim he knew they were bad all along. Classic distancing.
I will say that you brought me up and MP capitalized. If he was distancing, would he wait for you to bring me up?

That's not something I can particularly defend against.

anyways,

I meant to vote MP. I voted, but I closed my laptop too quickly I think or something. :/ I'm really glad we lynched him though. I'll try and post more now, but I am staying here for a few more days and my jobs are picking up again.

Also, y'all posted a lot, I had like six or seven pages to read :p
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I did that thing where I forgot the first half of my post.
thellama73 wrote:

This post stuck out to me. I don't know why, but it just felt off. Insincere, perhaps. Just a gut feeling I had. I wanted to get you talking to see if my suspicion remained or went away after you were more vocal. Unfortunately, your response had much less detail than I would have liked. I also think your vote for MP is opportunistic.

Sorry, buddy, but I'm gonna have to vote for you today. I am just not feeling good about you this game.
I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm sorry I've had less detail in my posts than you desire. I'm trying to play as much as physically possible, but I am currently staying at my friend's house and we're having a really good time-- shitty excuse, but it's true.
thellama73 wrote:
FZ. wrote: As for Dom, I don't feel I know his style yet. Do you think it's different from how he is usually? I feel going by what I got on him so far, and by your "gut", especially since I don't know what you are, would be unfair at this point.
As MP said, he's usually more aggressive. Could be explained by being busy, though.
You hit the nail on the head. I also worked a nine and a half hour day today. Not that bad, but far more hours than I expected today.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Elohcin »

Seriously?!? That is an amazing result. I can't believe that in two games in a row we got a baddie Day 1. I think I will be less likely to randomize Day 1 now. Great result!

I am choosing "my journal". I would never forget food, drink, or a rope. I am one of those mom's that has everything she or her kids will need right in her purse/diaper bag :p.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

ebwop: moms that have. I have when people use apostrophes incorrectly and I just did it :p
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

ebwop: hate. It has been a LONG ASS night! I took care of 70 3-6 year olds for 4 hours. I can't think straight.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

HA, and I PAID $5 to do it. :o
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I think you broke my brain, Eloh. Good for you for not being batspit crazy after the day you had. I held a 10-day old baby for 10 minutes today and had to go out for some air afterwards.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I definitley world forget something like a rope.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Mongoose wrote:I think you broke my brain, Eloh. Good for you for not being batspit crazy after the day you had. I held a 10-day old baby for 10 minutes today and had to go out for some air afterwards.
Now I can do a 10 day old baby :)...so wittle! :hugs: I could have chosen to stay out in the audience at my daughters dance recital but I am not the type of mom to leave my 4 yr old daughter in a room full of girls with only a handful of moms and three outfit changes.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 281

Post by Epignosis »

Russtifinko wrote:Beware this forest, for it has an unwholesome spirit. Stay on the elf-path; but remember that it is winding, and that the forest will try to mislead you. Do not eat anything from the forest, and do not even touch the waters of the river. If you heed my advice, you may pass through unscathed."
When I'm given instructions, by Eru Ilúvatar, I heed them.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Elohcin wrote:
Mongoose wrote:I think you broke my brain, Eloh. Good for you for not being batspit crazy after the day you had. I held a 10-day old baby for 10 minutes today and had to go out for some air afterwards.
Now I can do a 10 day old baby :)...so wittle! :hugs: I could have chosen to stay out in the audience at my daughters dance recital but I am not the type of mom to leave my 4 yr old daughter in a room full of girls with only a handful of moms and three outfit changes.
That sounds like a precious day! I bet she was great.

I like kids and all, but I was terrified I'd hurt the baby! I was really worried I'd give him a misshapen head.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 84

Post by Leamiteo »

Yeeeesss! Woohoo! Baddie on the first day. Great job, MP reading extraordinaires. I can tell you are super bummed about it, MP. :/ I'm sorry to see the sock go, but not the baddie role!

I would definitely not think to bring a rope. Who says to herself, "Oh yeah, mental note! Do not forget the rope!" Not this girl.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Mongoose wrote:
Elohcin wrote:

I like kids and all, but I was terrified I'd hurt the baby! I was really worried I'd give him a misshapen head.
A ten-day-old baby already has a misshapen head.
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

i wouldn't forget rope if i were watching 70 3-6 year olds
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

A Person wrote:i wouldn't forget rope if i were watching 70 3-6 year olds
Post of the game
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Lizzy »

Rsusit, I'm so sorry I missed the vote. I couldn't find a way to do it. I'll be absent today as well. :(

Excellent result, guys!

I think I'd forget my journal, since I don't actually have one.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Vomps doesn't seem like a guy to leave his notebook behind. I bet he'd leave everything else behind though (including food, water, and life-saving Rx).
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Epignosis wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
Elohcin wrote:

A ten-day-old baby already has a misshapen head.
Ture. :srsnod:
Turnip Head wrote:
A Person wrote:i wouldn't forget rope if i were watching 70 3-6 year olds
Post of the game
:haha:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Also one teething 1 year old can mean you're up at omg wtf time is it right now?!?! I voted drink, because I'd forget that before food, but would never think to bring rope or a journal.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 55

Post by Vompatti »

Mongoose wrote:Vomps doesn't seem like a guy to leave his notebook behind. I bet he'd leave everything else behind though (including food, water, and life-saving Rx).
Actually I prefer making notes on random pieces of paper. That way I'll automatically lose the ones I won't need.

Rx, the symbol used to describe apparent retrograde motion of planets
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

I forgot food cuz

also titties
Some day, Some day
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 130

Post by Bullzeye »

Wow, great call on MP there! :) Second game in a row I've seen a baddie die on day one and that hardly ever happens usually. I always forget to pack something, and it's usually something really important and super obvious like my phone charger. I once packed my xbox to go to uni but forgot to pack the plug and video cable so I basically had a useless box in my room for a few days. I guess that means I probably forgot to pack food.
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

:mad:
Some day, Some day
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Boogs »

reywaS wrote:I forgot food cuz

also titties
Random :p
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

A drink is the last thing I'd get (we are all different). I have this pretty blue glass water bottle that I use that holds 24 oz., which is good because I only have to fill it up once during a power yoga or hot yoga class (and not at all during less vigorous forms).

It's probably a borderline tic because I always have to have a beverage in arm's distance. When I go to a friend's house, they will hand me a a glass of water, or motion me to the kitchen to find my own. Usually at home I drink water with lemon or iced green tea (various kids, caffeinated and non), but right now I have some amazing pressed iced coffee that I made. Stay hydrated, my friends (that Dos Equis guy is nuts).

I am currently watching Cairo Time, and it's quite lovely.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 84

Post by Leamiteo »

Bullzeye wrote:Wow, great call on MP there! :) Second game in a row I've seen a baddie die on day one and that hardly ever happens usually. I always forget to pack something, and it's usually something really important and super obvious like my phone charger. I once packed my xbox to go to uni but forgot to pack the plug and video cable so I basically had a useless box in my room for a few days. I guess that means I probably forgot to pack food.
I love that an xbox=sustenance :p
Mongoose wrote:A drink is the last thing I'd get (we are all different). I have this pretty blue glass water bottle that I use that holds 24 oz., which is good because I only have to fill it up once during a power yoga or hot yoga class (and not at all during less vigorous forms).

It's probably a borderline tic because I always have to have a beverage in arm's distance. When I go to a friend's house, they will hand me a a glass of water, or motion me to the kitchen to find my own. Usually at home I drink water with lemon or iced green tea (various kids, caffeinated and non), but right now I have some amazing pressed iced coffee that I made. Stay hydrated, my friends (that Dos Equis guy is nuts).
Oh my gosh, me too! I currently have two water bottles on my desk, plus a glass, plus a coffee mug (and the french press) and a travel mug. :biggrin:
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 130

Post by Bullzeye »

Leamiteo wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:Wow, great call on MP there! :) Second game in a row I've seen a baddie die on day one and that hardly ever happens usually. I always forget to pack something, and it's usually something really important and super obvious like my phone charger. I once packed my xbox to go to uni but forgot to pack the plug and video cable so I basically had a useless box in my room for a few days. I guess that means I probably forgot to pack food.
I love that an xbox=sustenance :p
It does when you and all your friends have essay deadlines approaching so nobody wants to come hang out but at the same time you need to procrastinate! :p
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 13

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

I'm super hungry right now so I assume food.
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 264

Post by Snow Dog »

Samwise forgot rope and so shall I!
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

I forgot my journal because it seems the less harmless lol
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 190
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Two hours to vote in the poll and get night actions in!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 264

Post by Snow Dog »

The Necromancer is Sauron and he cannot possibly be dead. No War OF The Ring will happen!
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 91

Post by insertnamehere »

Snow Dog wrote:The Necromancer is Sauron and he cannot possibly be dead. No War OF The Ring will happen!
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

insertnamehere wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:The Necromancer is Sauron and he cannot possibly be dead. No War OF The Ring will happen!
Hah! That right there is one of the game's better posts.

Also, 15 minutes left! I'm still missing PMs, so get your rears in gear!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Re: The Hobbit Mafa [Polls]

Post by Russtifinko »

What did you forget to bring on the journey?

Poll runs till Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:02 pm

Food
reywaS (23), Bullzeye (24), DisgruntledPorcupine (25) 11%

Drink
thellama73 (3), Turnip Head (5), Captain Bunny Killer (8), Boogs (12), >SpaghettiEverywhere (17), Hedgeowl (18) 22%

A rope
FZ. (6), DFaraday (10), Vompatti (11), nijuukyugou (15), insertnamehere (16), Dom (19), Epignosis (20), Leamiteo (21), Snow Dog (26) 33%

My journal
Spacedaisy (2), juliets (9), Mongoose (13), A Person (14), Lizzy (22), kneel4justice (27) 22%

Underpants (Host/Mod/Dead)
Russtifinko (1), MovingPictures07 (4), S~V~S (7)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Night 1 -- To Sleep, To Dream...

The company rooted through their packs, seeing what they had left behind. Many had neglected to bring along a rope in their haste, and others had left their diary, or not brought water. Food stores were comfortably full, and many had a bite to eat before sleeping.

The company was still unsettled by what had happened just a few short hours ago. Some were fearful of sleeping among the enemy now that they had left Beorn's protection.

However, they need not have worried; the rest of those who did sleep was undisturbed by violence. Those who did sleep did so deeply and soundly, still worn out from the previous restless night and the long ride to the forest.

Not everyone slept all night. Gloin, in his turn at the watch, heard a whispered conversation behind him as he gazed out into the trees.

"I think Turnip Head is a civvie, or at least not a baddie...I have ZERO clue where to put my first vote."

He turned around, but could not see the speaker through the bright flames of the campfire behind him. Eventually even he drifted off to slumber.

No one has died. It is now Day 2, and you have 48 hours to lynch someone.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 408

Post by thellama73 »

Yay no death!
And we know there were missing PMs, so maybe whoever was supposed to kill is an absentee? Worth thinking about anyway.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

thellama73 wrote:Yay no death!
And we know there were missing PMs, so maybe whoever was supposed to kill is an absentee? Worth thinking about anyway.
Yeah, sorry about that- I wasn't paying attention to the time. :blush:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

We are off to a most fortuitous start. :slick:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 56
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Yessss we're off to a very good start. :D

Did anyone save the lynch poll in any sort of format, please?
FZ. wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:BWT, Kyle, MP (recruited) and FH were the baddies. I was a neutral role, but I wasn't able to be killed at night, so I played for the good guys :D
Hey, I told you FH was too nice, lol. I wanted to lynch her the first day and you were all on my case. Glad to know my instincts don't always suck, haha
By the way, did MP "suspect" his buddies in that game or ignore them?

linki @ congrats winners!
Are the riddles strictly theme related, or can laymen know them too?
he threw me under the bus like almost immediately after being recruited.

though i wasn't around in chat when it was decided, it might have been a coordinated thing with FH for attempted civ credit though. I assumed that was what they were doing which is why I was okay with it.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

No death is great news!

For me, I found FZ's behavior when the lynch was going down, really weird. Usually we see eye to eye, feel the same way about situations but that couldn't have been farther from what happened. Her unwillingness to lynch MP along with her paranoia to the end just seemed strange. I don't necessarily think that would be on the same team, I think FZ would have cut ties with him (although I'm not sure what she would do on this site as opposed to our home site, I play a different scum game here). But I should have at least been able to feel a bit of paranoia similar to hers at the end of the lynch, perhaps it was because I wasn't here for everything to go down live? But she's caught my eye.

I also believe MP defended INH, who I was already suspicious of, and that could be a possible teammate of his.
However, something worth noting is both Reyas and Snowdog agreed (found here) with me in the way that it felt they were hopping on a suspicion without really doing anything. I can't necessarily fault them for agreeing, because I think I had a good point, but it stuck out to me.

While MP was bad, I was surprised to see Dom mention me when he voted for MP. It wasn't really needed, perhaps if Dom is on one team and didn't know if MP was bad he wanted something to fall back on. I'm not sure. Perhaps him agreeing with me is good though, I don't think we usually do, and I think I've only played with him when he's been a baddie or independent. That post can be found here.

Anyways, that is what caught my eye.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 56
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Kylemii wrote:Yessss we're off to a very good start. :D

Did anyone save the lynch poll in any sort of format, please?
Apparently there is an entire thread dedicated to this.

Return to “Previous Jobs”