Supatown
Posts in topic: 408

Re: The Hobbit Mafia: Day 9

Post by thellama73 »

kneel4justice wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:So, what do people think of my last post to BWT?
I have been meaning to reread him. From memory his posts have struck me as infrequent, but generally reasonable. But I also feel he has been flying below the radar a little bit.
And the time he didn't fly under the radar was when he was insanified. Lol
If INH flips bad, I bet you dollars to donuts that BWT is his teammate.
Interesting, I didn't notice any interaction from the two. Was there any?
Not really, apart from some vague "oh you guys are right, INH is a little shady" blendiness. That defines BWT's entire game. Blendy, blendy, blendy. If I'm right, he threw TH 2.0 under the bus (Snow Dog had 5 votes, his gave TH 5) and has been a go-along to get-along kind of guy the whole time. I think the post you made about him was very telling.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 42
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Re-read as much as I could in the short amount of time I have. It seems to be agreed that MM had his vote forced, so I won't vote that way. INH pings me the most at this moment for reasons already stated. I re-read some of the arguments against Kyle and really good points were made, especially about the Moria Goblins suddenly able to kill again after Kyle replaced AP, a known-inactive player for reasons out of his control. I wouldn't mind seeing either of these two lynched today, but I think the stronger case is for Kyle. I don't like INH's sudden reactions and find them to be extremely suspicious, but sudden Goblin kills are more suspicious and way more dangerous for us in the future. Voting Kyle.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

And sorry I just posted again now - at the risk of making the "RL problems" exucse, my Internet decided to die for two hours and phone re-reading just isn't as efficient. Excuses, excuses :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 49

Post by Spacedaisy »

Looking at the votes the person I most suspected was INH, but that was only way back on Day 1 or so. And I am a little scared of the sheer number of people who have voted him so far too. I can see Epig's case on Kyle, but if he is right, it's not his team who kills tonight. I think I will take a chance and toss my vote on the INH pile too...

*votes*
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Lizzy »

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 281

Post by Epignosis »

Spacedaisy wrote:Looking at the votes the person I most suspected was INH, but that was only way back on Day 1 or so. And I am a little scared of the sheer number of people who have voted him so far too. I can see Epig's case on Kyle, but if he is right, it's not his team who kills tonight. I think I will take a chance and toss my vote on the INH pile too...

*votes*
If I'm right, it's still not his team who kills tonight. Unless you think INH is the last Townie Goblin, eliminating him will not eliminate the Night 9 kill.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 152

Post by Dom »

As long as one baddie is around, wouldn't there be a kill tonight if the kill passes down?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Dom wrote:As long as one baddie is around, wouldn't there be a kill tonight if the kill passes down?
Yes.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

thellama73 wrote:
Dom wrote:As long as one baddie is around, wouldn't there be a kill tonight if the kill passes down?
Yes.
Also, Smaug. Rawr.

insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 91

Post by insertnamehere »

OK, before I get lynched, and I probably shouldn't say this, but I received some info.

Do not trust thellama73.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

insertnamehere wrote:OK, before I get lynched, and I probably shouldn't say this, but I received some info.

Do not trust thellama73.
Nice try. That is such a bald faced lie and you know it. You have no such info.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

thellama73 wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:OK, before I get lynched, and I probably shouldn't say this, but I received some info.

Do not trust thellama73.
Nice try. That is such a bald faced lie and you know it. You have no such info.
I don't require info to know never to trust you. ;)
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Do not trust thellama73.
I will gladly say that this is a load of bullshit.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 130

Post by Bullzeye »

Do not trust thellama73.
If you'd read the rules you'd know that even pretending to infodump is a violation of them. Or are you trying to be modkilled so we don't find out your role for some reason??
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 162

Post by fingersplints »

kneel4justice wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
I have been meaning to reread him. From memory his posts have struck me as infrequent, but generally reasonable. But I also feel he has been flying below the radar a little bit.
Yea, that was really strange. :ponder: I forgot all about that!
Gro-oo-ovy
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I believe that has happened before with BWT, I can't remember when, though.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Sometimes insanity curses come with a requirement that you post at least ten times in a day period. That may be what motivated his increased activity.

fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Good point. I'd have to look back at who has been cursed. Maybe someone can speak to whether or not that is the case this game.
Gro-oo-ovy
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 82

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

kneel4justice wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote: K4J - I was all gung-ho to vote for him today, but some of his defenses are making me back off and wonder. Mostly because they seem really genuine to me. If he is bad, I think it's far more likely that he is a Town Goblin than Smaug.
WOW!
I'm so glad to hear you were gung-ho but didn't post a single thing about me throughout the day, when you were obviously reading! I would think someone who was gung-ho would surely have had input throughout the day, no?
It's quite obvious you were just going to be another bandwagoner near the end, and I am guessing you've backed off because you've seen quite a few people start to at least entertain the idea that my defenses were sincere.
Sorry, but I used to make a post every time I saw a quote or statement that interested me and I wanted to comment on. I don't do that anymore mostly because I don't have the time to sit on here half the day and post away. I prefer making longer, more concentrated posts that might not occur as frequently, rather than posting a ton of smaller posts over the same period of time.

Also, this isn't directed at just you, but I bolded the second part because it's honestly something that really frustrates me. I get accused of this (it feels like) at least once in every game I play. I think because I end up agreeing with people I trust, and some of the conclusions I come to are similar to what they've come to, it might look like I parrot others. But that is not the case. I'm sorry if it comes off that way, and I can understand how it might look like that, but I'm a fairly individual thinker. It's hard for other people to sway me unless I think what they say holds value. And I think there is potentially value in you being a baddie in this game. Sorry.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 223

Post by kneel4justice »

thellama73 wrote:Sometimes insanity curses come with a requirement that you post at least ten times in a day period. That may be what motivated his increased activity.
When I was insanified, I did not have to post a certain amount.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

kneel4justice wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Sometimes insanity curses come with a requirement that you post at least ten times in a day period. That may be what motivated his increased activity.
I did.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 190
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: The Hobbit Mafa [Polls]

Post by Russtifinko »

How should we go up the Lonely Mountain?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:04 pm

Take the main road to the main door.
Epignosis (3), thellama73 (7), fingersplints (11), nijuukyugou (12), insertnamehere (14), Hedgeowl (15)
35%

Sneak around the backside of the Mountain.
Dom (4), kneel4justice (5), Kylemii (6), birdwithteeth11 (9), juliets (10), Bullzeye (13), Snow Dog (16), Captain Bunny Killer (17)
47%

Hitch a ride on an eagle. (Host/Mod/Dead)
Russtifinko (1), MovingPictures07 (2), S~V~S (8)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

You know, I almost wonder if it's worth it for me to be playing if I don't ever vote. Even on a f***ing off-day from work, I'm still not around to vote. :/

Oh well. I would have probably gone with INH though.

Still catching up btw.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Dom wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:
I did.
Really? I even asked if there was a requirement, and was told that there was not.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

kneel4justice wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
I was required to post a certain number of times when I was insanified, or else I would be penalized. So yeah, that was the main reason I posted more often then.

Linki: I've seen games before where the posting curse changes slightly every time it's used. So it doesn't surprise me too much that it might have been different for you than Dom and myself.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I imagine there are different methods of becoming insanified this gae with different rules.

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

thellama73 wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
What's your reasoning behind this one?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
What's your reasoning behind this one?
You've seemed very non-committal about the discussion on INH. You'll concede weakly that some of his actions don't look all that good, but it is without vigor or conviction. It has the flavor of someone sensing the inevitable but being unable to fully commit underbusthrowing. Until recently, you and INH never mentioned each other, which is common for baddies on the same team.

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

thellama73 wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Interesting, I didn't notice any interaction from the two. Was there any?
Not really, apart from some vague "oh you guys are right, INH is a little shady" blendiness. That defines BWT's entire game. Blendy, blendy, blendy. If I'm right, he threw TH 2.0 under the bus (Snow Dog had 5 votes, his gave TH 5) and has been a go-along to get-along kind of guy the whole time. I think the post you made about him was very telling.
If I'm a baddie, and decide to throw a teammate under the bus, I usually take the hyper-aggressive MP route and try to do it earlier rather than later. In INH's case, at the point when I started commenting on it, I would have probably thrown a vote onto a secondary suspicion rather than vote for a teammate if it's coming at this point, in hopes I could try to turn the tide before a swath of votes comes in.

I'm not intentionally trying to come off as blendy. I think it's just become my style at this point. But if I get lynched again because of "playing a blendy game", that's slightly sucky. :(

Linki: Yeah, I haven't mentioned INH earlier because 1) There were other people I was examining further earlier on (see: Boogs and Snow Dog) that were higher on my list and 2) it wasn't until today because I didn't have the free time to discuss it any yesterday. Also, as a baddie, I'm far more likely to start talking about my teammates earlier rather than later.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
I was required to post a certain number of times when I was insanified, or else I would be penalized. So yeah, that was the main reason I posted more often then.

Linki: I've seen games before where the posting curse changes slightly every time it's used. So it doesn't surprise me too much that it might have been different for you than Dom and myself.
Oh, okay.
Thanks, that makes a difference because it was a big part of why I suspected you. I was not aware that the powers could change nightly.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

kneel4justice wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:
fingersplints wrote:

Oh, okay.
Thanks, that makes a difference because it was a big part of why I suspected you. I was not aware that the powers could change nightly.
Sometimes an insanifier might be able to make up their own curses, etc. :)
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Day 9

So the group sat, impatiently, on the ledge, waiting for night to fall, partly to cover them from any unexpected appearance by Smaug, and partly so that some clue would be revealed. While they waited, they talked, and eventually they decided to rid themselves of INH.

He protested forcefully, and very sarcastically, and at the end he even began to scream. They feared that this would bring doom from the sky down upon them all, and so they beat him with every available weapon until he lay dead. They soon recognized his visage as their friend Dwalin, and many were aghast. They had no choice but to cover his body as best they could, and as far from them as they could go.

What no one had noticed during the day, was that Dom had been getting paler and paler, and clutching his midriff. He helped in the burial of INH, but the exertion proved too much for him. He passed out, wheezing, and lay motionless on his side in the dust. The group tried bringing him water and food, not understanding how this could have happened: he had been careful to sit in the shade all day, and they were still well-provisioned from Lake-Town's larders.

Eventually, k4j saw a red fleck under Dom's shirt. He lifted it up, and saw an ugly, oozing wound there. "He's been stabbed!" gasped k4j, calling the others over.

Dom would not awake, and his breathing got shallower and weaker, and finally petered out. There was nothing the group could do but to make a shallow grave for one into a grave for two.

INH has been lynched. He was Dwalin.
Dom has been killed.
The Moria Goblins have been eliminated. Their kill passes on to the Misty Mountains Goblins.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Well holy shite.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 130

Post by Bullzeye »

Umm... Okay? That means Dom was a Goblin right, I'm not just crazy? Still not sure why he died though...
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Bullzeye wrote:Umm... Okay? That means Dom was a Goblin right, I'm not just crazy? Still not sure why he died though...
Wow. I am surprised!
It must suck to go down like that. But, yay! Props to Llama for suspecting him.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

Whoa. That was nuts.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

what the :huh:
Gro-oo-ovy
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

I don't say this very often in mafia, but....what the flying fuck?!?

I guess Dom was a Goblin then? That might require a re-read of him then. Any ideas as to what happened?

Linki: Yeah, props to llama for that one then!
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Re: The Hobbit Mafa [Polls]

Post by Russtifinko »

Who could have killed CBK or Hedgie?

Poll ended at Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:04 pm

birdwithteeth11
No votes

Bullzeye
No votes

Dom
No votes

Epignosis
Metalmarsh89 (5) 6%

fingersplints
No votes

insertnamehere
Bullzeye (7), thellama73 (8), fingersplints (9), Dom (10), kneel4justice (13), Snow Dog (14), Spacedaisy (16) 41%

juliets 2.0
No votes

kneel4justice
No votes

Kylemii 2.0
juliets (4), insertnamehere (11), Epignosis (12), nijuukyugou (15) 24%

Metalmarsh89
No votes

nijuukyugou
No votes

Snow Dog
No votes

Spacedaisy
No votes

thellama73
No votes

Unclear Mapmakers (Host/Mod/Dead)
Russtifinko (1), MovingPictures07 (3), Leamiteo (6), Boogs (17), Lizzy (18) 29%
Total votes : 17
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

:feb:

It was fun while it lasted. I snicker at you, Logan! :p

Can't wait to talk post-game!
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Dom wrote::feb:

Lol, good game!
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Dwalin
Brother of Balin and one of the two eldest dwarves.
Because he is so old and wise, he is an experienced riddler. May receive hints to riddles during the game.

This made me wonder when INH said to not trust llama. I figured looking at his role might reveal something, but I've got nothing. Anybody think is means anything now, or is it still a boldfaced lie? Because I thought it was the latter at first, but now I wonder...

Linki: Bye bitch. :feb:
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Re: The Hobbit Mafia: Night 9

Also, I would like to point out that we are on page 69 currently. ;)
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

You had me fooled for sure.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:Dwalin
Because he is so old and wise, he is an experienced riddler. May receive hints to riddles during the game.

This made me wonder when INH said to not trust llama. I figured looking at his role might reveal something, but I've got nothing. Anybody think is means anything now, or is it still a boldfaced lie? Because I thought it was the latter at first, but now I wonder...

I'm not sure but It really isn't factoring into my opinion of Llama, I think it could just be INH being INH. If he really had info he should have mentioned being suspicious of Llama much earlier on and vaguely.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:

You had me fooled for sure.
:feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb: :feb:
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Another host post coming. A few important notes:

1. As you may have, noticed, this NIght will last 48 hours. That is partly due to special events happening tonight, and partly due to scheduling conflict's in your host's life. I do not believe it will cause inconveniences for anyone, since you're actually getting MORE time, but I do apologize for the inconsistency. I will be back in the U.S. next week, and thus I hope this will be our final schedule-related disturbance.

2. INH's post about having info on llama was in clear violation of the rules. However, I believe that he may have broken them intentionally, knowing he was to die, hoping that I would take gold from his civvie teammates, out of spite or bitterness. I won't give rule-breakers the satisfaction of using my own rules against me, so I am breaking protocol by addressing the infraction.

INH had absolutely no info of any type about thellama73. No gold penalty is being assessed to the civs. INH is dead, so he's already received his karmic punishment.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

kneel4justice wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:Dwalin

I'm not sure but It really isn't factoring into my opinion of Llama, I think it could just be INH being INH. If he really had info he should have mentioned being suspicious of Llama much earlier on and vaguely.
That's what I was leaning towards. But the host has cleared it up, so I guess that answers my question.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Re: The Hobbit Mafia: Night 9

Post by Russtifinko »

Art Contest Results

We had 4 living entries into the Art Contest a few days ago (of which one has since passed away). Good news for some of you, because it means everyone who entered and is still alive won!

In third place, Hedgeowl, with a highly amusing piece of photography:
Hedgeowl wrote:This is my entry, although the photo credit belongs to Llama's sister for the picture of me and the husband. I added that nifty speech bubble for my artistic spin. :noble:

In second we have llama, with what I think is just some very very fine work in Paint:
thellama73 wrote: Smaug over Laketown

And finally, our Smaug Art Contest winner....Epi! With "Smaug's First Portrait"!
Epignosis wrote:I cannot draw with a squirrel shit, but to hell with it, says I.

Smaug's very first portrait:

Isn't he cute? :hugs:

Congratulations to all our winners, and thank you very much for your entries. Gold has been credited to your accounts.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”