Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 13

Moderator: Community Team

Have you cleaned up your sock account and returned it unharmed to your Hosts?

Yes
75%
No, not yet but will soon
No votes
Nope cuz we hosted/Bea/Roxy/Ser Sockinthestone
25%

Total votes: 16
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 98
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Night 6

Post by Roxy »

If you have won a prize and have not used it please PM your Hosts as I have some mixed up.
;)
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 184

Post by Ned Flanders »

I'm not sure about using smilies, because when you hover over them, words flash up-
Assault
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:I'm not sure about using smilies, because when you hover over them, words flash up-

posted too soon. Anyhow, Rumple could just choose a common smilie and still rack up-
Assault
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

A major storm just rolled through Roxy's area, and she has no power/internet, so it may be the middle of the night before we have night post!
Assault
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

@Hosts: Do tooltips on images count as words in your post (for example, if I use this smiley :biggrin: and you put your mouse over it and it says "big grin" can Rumpel steal my vote if the secret word happens to be big or grin?)

I figure we should get clarification on this because I have not been considering smileys as words. :eek:

Linki: I hope everything is okay for you Roxy! We had big storms here earlier that were nasty!
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:A major storm just rolled through Roxy's area, and she has no power/internet, so it may be the middle of the night before we have night post!
I should have made that bigger-

A major storm just rolled through Roxy's area, and she has no power/internet, so it may be the middle of the night before we have night post
Assault
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 57
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

I work till 1 am AZ time but I will take care of the night stuff as soon as I can. Prolly wont be up till like 3 AZ time. So sorry about the delay. :(,
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 209

Post by Young Lady »

What is AZ time :P

Would it be easier to extend night 24 hours?
Supervisor
Operator
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 105

Post by Operator »

No worries Bea. Hope things are fine with you, Roxy. :)

Rhinfrew, regarding discussion of night events, the town can always do that the next night.
Management
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 6

Post by S~V~S »

Arizona is on West Coast time in the summer, so they are 3 hours behind the East Coast. 3 AM AZ is 6 AM Eastern~ and last I heard Rox was fine, just wanting to conserve her phone battery :) If I hear anymore, I will post it for you guys~
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 104

Post by Spooky Ghost »

I'm glad I got here before night ended! I'll add my vote - I am ok with a silent day. I am also fine with voting Queran. (I am 100% open to hearing a defense from you, Queran. So far, it seems as you've spent most of your time insulting us - which I'm not 100% open to hearing; or coming up with zany codes - hey, if you really want to do this, why don't you go ahead and do it instead of talking about it; and saying that no one wants to hear your defense - this is untrue, as you haven't posted much of one yet to hear. You made a very brief post with 1 sentence answers to 3 questions that had been made to you, and that didn't read as a serious defense to me - since the rest of the time you have been saying you are no longer contributing in a serious way to the game. That is YOUR choice, but that choice will come with certain natural results. And if this is a mistaken way to try to overcome Rumpy, then it's a mistake. It's worth trying in my book. If we're wrong, show that to us without being snarky or condescending please. :hug: )

Carmen would be a fine 2nd place as far as I'm concerned.

I would be fine with trying to use smileys in posts as well. In fact, as I came on and was catching up with the thread I thought about that. We could probably even find images on a Google search (without words, of course) to pretty much convey many of our ideas. I've seen that done many a time in a game due to a curse and such.

Bea, take your time - this is a game and real life is more important! We'll be here whenever. :bea:

Roxy, hope your power comes back on soon! When that happens here, I suddenly get soooo bored, even if I wasn't doing anything previously. :D
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Attention all players:

My initial post saying I'd to the NP when I got home was panic driven, I got rox's message about her power literally (and like in the true sense of the word, not the exaggerated usage) while I was pulling into the parking lot to work. I didn't get to read the thread, didn't get to do anything, but text her "I'll take care of it when I get home. Just get that posted then save your phone power." When I posted, I'd not checked anything but didn't know if you guys knew about what was up and wanted to let you know I was as on top of it as I could be as well. Hence my flyby at work frantic post. (BTW - using the full editor on my phone was a PITA. I need a tablet for mafia on the go, I apparently need a bluetooth for work...technology is funny.)

After much thinking tonight while I was working, I have decided to extend the night till 5 pm EST Friday.

While I could go ahead and slap up the night post now, it would throw all of our times off and we'd have to have an extended day or something and it would all go to pot basically trying to play catch-up. (Also - it occurred to me that Rox is the only one of us who can make the lynch poll.) Seems to me the more I think about it that the easiest way to make up for this is by just holding the night post till tomorrow.

I promise I will be super promt as I will prep as much as I possibly can tonight and wake up hecka early tomorrow. Hopefully Rox's power is back on tomorrow and she'll make the poll as normal, if not, I'll see if Sockadelic can step in and make the poll for me. :) (Sockadelic is btw my fav nick-name for him!)

I'm so very sorry to disappoint anyone who was hoping to wake up to a night post.

Rox and I both thank you all so VERY much for your patience with us. Stoopid storm and stoopid work should be WAY more understanding of our mafia needs TBQFH. :noble:

In the meantime - here is some :wine: for you all. I hopped over to the HV Zombie bar, went down to my secret cellar, and grabbed a few bottles of my very very rare and very very only on the most special occasions used bottles of my Zombie Zin (With special thanks to SVS who helped me stock up that supply ;) )

Enjoy my very patient and awesome players!

Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 55

Post by Jack Shephard »

I think it's...

Silence 9
Code 1
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Izett Cruelsinger wrote:I'm glad I got here before night ended! I'll add my vote - I am ok with a silent day. I am also fine with voting Queran. (I am 100% open to hearing a defense from you, Queran. So far, it seems as you've spent most of your time insulting us - which I'm not 100% open to hearing; or coming up with zany codes - hey, if you really want to do this, why don't you go ahead and do it instead of talking about it; and saying that no one wants to hear your defense - this is untrue, as you haven't posted much of one yet to hear. You made a very brief post with 1 sentence answers to 3 questions that had been made to you, and that didn't read as a serious defense to me - since the rest of the time you have been saying you are no longer contributing in a serious way to the game. That is YOUR choice, but that choice will come with certain natural results. And if this is a mistaken way to try to overcome Rumpy, then it's a mistake. It's worth trying in my book. If we're wrong, show that to us without being snarky or condescending please. :hug: )

Carmen would be a fine 2nd place as far as I'm concerned.

I would be fine with trying to use smileys in posts as well. In fact, as I came on and was catching up with the thread I thought about that. We could probably even find images on a Google search (without words, of course) to pretty much convey many of our ideas. I've seen that done many a time in a game due to a curse and such.

Bea, take your time - this is a game and real life is more important! We'll be here whenever. :bea:

Roxy, hope your power comes back on soon! When that happens here, I suddenly get soooo bored, even if I wasn't doing anything previously. :D
I did try to not be snarky or condecending, but all I got in return was "Oh you're just saying all that because you're bad"

So, if you don't mind, I'll just be in my little corner of the sandbox.

P.S

I did more than just one sentence of a defense, nobody wanted to hear it, so nobody is going to be hearing any of it anymore :P :fiesta:
Supervisor
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 104

Post by Spooky Ghost »

I am ready to listen, but you don't seem to want to talk. That's YOUR choice, Queran, fair enough. But then realize, the consequences of that choice are that you look really, really bad. So it's not US being jerks (or idiots/fools, as you so lovingly called us all) and lynching you, it's YOU not doing everything you can to save yourself. :hug:
Roxy
Hitman

Re: Grimm's Polls

Post by Roxy »

Which is your favorite?

Poll ended at Thu May 23, 2013 7:16 pm

Grimm's

Queran Gloomsoul (2), Ameerah Frolicstag (4), Grutfud Orangesprite (5), Fane Winebattle (7), Anchorete Playfulure (8), Shand Azureye (9), Bronwyn Mightyfeet (10), Carmen Brightsun (11), Miyuki Lovelymoth (12), Lyel Lambboat (13), Dierdre Wonderbird (18)

Aesop's 3 Rhinfrew Flowingrass (6), Dallon Redwarlock (16), Laine Crystalsteam (17)

Mother Goose 1 Izett Cruelsinger (15)

Mom (remember her?)/Hosts/ Ser

Socksandshoes/Deaded/Nons

Roxy (1), MovingPictures07 (3), Finnian Metalfox (14), Gobnait Gingeruite (19)

Total votes : 19
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Well I have let Bea and the ToeSock know what is happening now it's your turn. <3

The crew working on my power outage has stopped trying to fix it b/c of wind and more storms coming.
Idk when it will be back (hopefully tomorrow) but it will deffo not be today.

I am so happy I have such an awesome co-host that she can take care of everything. And keep to our time schedule.

I appreciate all of your patience as you may or may not know I do like to keep the post and poll times relatively close. So I am truly sorry to make you wait especially during a night phase.
;)
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

Roxy wrote:Well I have let Bea and the ToeSock know what is happening now it's your turn. <3

The crew working on my power outage has stopped trying to fix it b/c of wind and more storms coming.
Idk when it will be back (hopefully tomorrow) but it will deffo not be today.

I am so happy I have such an awesome co-host that she can take care of everything. And keep to our time schedule.

I appreciate all of your patience as you may or may not know I do like to keep the post and poll times relatively close. So I am truly sorry to make you wait especially during a night phase.
Hey! I say, the longer I get to be Gutfrud Orangesprite the better!!! :lorab: :lorab: :lorab: :lorab: :p :bounce: :bounce: :fiesta:
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Izett Cruelsinger wrote:I am ready to listen, but you don't seem to want to talk. That's YOUR choice, Queran, fair enough. But then realize, the consequences of that choice are that you look really, really bad. So it's not US being jerks (or idiots/fools, as you so lovingly called us all) and lynching you, it's YOU not doing everything you can to save yourself. :hug:
Every time I've come out with a defense, I'm met with "We're just going to lynch Queran, right? Everyone's pretty sure you're bad dude so we're just going to lynch you."

Don't blame the victim, Izett. You all asked me to defend myself on one hand and slapped me with the other. So Before you get the chance to lynch me unanimously without a word spoken during the day, I'm going to do my best to not to take you seriously.
Supervisor
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

I think its nice being able to speak freely at night. Sometimes the topics can be directly related to the nightly victim, and it can be illuminating.
Assault
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Cat and Mouse:

A cat and a mouse, contrary to the custom of their kinds, become friends, such good friends that they decide to share a home. That they might have something to fall back on in time of need, they buy a pot of fat and hide it away in a nook of a church for safekeeping. After a short time, the cat tells her housemate that one of her relations has given birth and that the mouse's friend has been asked to be godmother. Instead of going to a christening, though, the cat goes to the nook of the church and eats the top layer of the fat in the pot. When the cat returns home, the mouse asks the name of the kitten. The cat replies, "Top-off." The mouse remarks that she has never heard such a name.

Soon thereafter, the cat announces that she again has been invited to a christening. On the cat's return, the mouse asks what name was given to this kitten. "Half-gone," answers the cat. Again the mouse wonders aloud at the oddness of the name.

The cat goes a third time to the church, this time finishing off the fat. When the cat returns, the mouse asks the name given at this christening. "All-gone," answers the cat. Again the mouse shakes her head.

Winter arrives, and with it the lean times the friends had anticipated. The mouse proposes a trip to the church to retrieve the provisions stored there. When she beholds the empty pot, enlightenment dawns on the mouse: "First 'Top-off,' " she murmurs, "then 'Half-gone,' and then ..." The cat warns her to say no more, but the mouse persists. The cat pounces on the mouse and eats her up. "And that is the way of the world," the story closes.

Rhinfew has been killed by The Wicked One(s?)
Ameerah has been Killed by the Free Thinkers.

It is now day. You have 48 hours to Lynch yo'selves a Baddie!
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

It's Day so... Vote Bronwyn
Supervisor
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 7

Post by Young Lady »

Also RIPIYWG Ameerah/Rhinefrew.
Supervisor
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Thumbling sets out into the world to seek his fortune. Before his departure, he is given a darning needle sword by his father and a final meal by his mother. The steam from the cooking pot carries Thumbling up the chimney and away from home. The little man goes to the house of a master craftsman, seeking to apprentice with him, but is displeased by the food there. He taunts the mistress of the house, who proceeds to chase him about the tabletop with a dishcloth seeking to strike or catch him like an insect. She eventually drives him from the house.

In the forest, Thumbling is found by a band of robbers, who recruit him help them rob the king's treasure chamber. Sneaking past the sentries, Thumbling begins to toss coins from the chamber window to the robbers. This perplexes the king and guards, as they cannot find the hidden thief but are certain they are being robbed. Thumbling mocks them as they chase the invisible intruder about the treasure chamber. He eventually rides down with the last of the coins and escapes. The robbers offer to make him their captain but he declines.

Thumbling next hires himself out as a servant at an inn but quickly annoys the maids, for he secretly watches them and reports back to the innkeeper when they steal from the food cellar. To get revenge, a maid mows him up with a patch of grass and feeds it to the cows. Thumbling is (once again) devoured by a cow and befuddles the innkeeper when his voice emanates from within it. The cow is slaughtered and though Thumbling tries to escape from its innards, he ends up being cooked into a black pudding with the meat. The pudding is eventually cut into slices by the mistress of the house and Thumbling once again barely escapes with his life.

Resuming his journey, Thumbling is next snapped up by a fox in the woods but manages to get himself caught in its craw. Thumbling convinces the fox to release him and rides the animal back to his father's house, done exploring the world. His father is so pleased to see him, he allows the fox to eat the chickens in the henhouse, for "he would surely love his child more than the fowls in the yard." Unfortunately the fox also ate little Browyn Mightyfeet. He was Tom Thumb.

Thank you so much for playing Browyn.

It is now Night. You have 24 hours to work your magics.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Yolo no consequences.
Supervisor
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

Queran Gloomsoul wrote:Yolo no consequences.
You stink. Go back to your corner of the sand box.

*kicks sand at Quaren*
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Night 7

Post by Young Lady »

Well the good news is it's night again so we can all talk about how this makes us feel.
Supervisor
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

I voted for Sprite because I am thirsty though I may have misunderstood the question.
Supervisor
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Amazingly quick day.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

In all fairness I did warn you that your plan would blow right up in your faces.
Supervisor
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Queran Gloomsoul wrote:In all fairness I did warn you that your plan would blow right up in your faces.
Even you couldn't have expected this unless you did this. So I 'm still going to vote you tomorrow.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Yeah there's no way I voted for Bronwyn immediately after the night post went up anticipating a shortened day, thereby ensuring I stay alive and someone I do not want in the game is gone.

Nobody is that clever. It would take a near genius level intellect to concoct such a diabolical plan. NEAR GENIUS!
Supervisor
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Kent Brockman »

Farewell my friends! I have a callback for a Disney animated film now. Maybe there will be a Djinn in the next Star Wars feature. :jedi:

Insha'Allah you will all find what you are looking for. :noble:
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Queran Gloomsoul wrote:Yeah there's no way I voted for Bronwyn immediately after the night post went up anticipating a shortened day, thereby ensuring I stay alive and someone I do not want in the game is gone.

Nobody is that clever. It would take a near genius level intellect to concoct such a diabolical plan. NEAR GENIUS!
Not really.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Thoose baddies, such cowards.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 112

Post by Golf »

This is very upsetting. We lose another three player, plus at least one more tonight without being able to lynch Queran (who has now tipped his hand that he is definitely bad.) It looks bleak for us indeed.
Fractal
sprityo
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Oh, and I'm vote for Sprite. Orangesprite! Yum!
Fractal
sprityo
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

Fane Winebattle wrote:Oh, and I'm vote for Sprite. Orangesprite! Yum!
Ditto! :p
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Well, we at least know that Tom Thumb was sure that Carmen needed to go. So after Queran, we go for for Carmen, yes?
Assault
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Queran Gloomsoul wrote:Yeah there's no way I voted for Bronwyn immediately after the night post went up anticipating a shortened day, thereby ensuring I stay alive and someone I do not want in the game is gone.

wow, I've been trying to think who the person is that's this vain, but I'm having trouble with it. I may have guessed wrong in the contest.
Assault
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Nobody has a sense of humor anymore :haha:
Supervisor
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Pixie tbqh :)

And Miyuki, I think I knew who it was from his first post, lol. Being an outed baddie is an art form; gloating and making :feb: faces at the civs just pisses people off. If you act friendly and sincere, they more often than not let you stick around and even start treating you like a mascot lol. That won't be happening to Queran anytime soon :)
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Everybody seemed really sure of themselves just a mere 24 hours ago. Throw one little wrench into the machine and now everybody's up in arms. I don't get it..
Supervisor
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

We're still sure of ourselves; You're really freaking bad, we knew that 24 hours ago, we still know that now.

Nothing has changed.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Anchorete Playfulure wrote:Pixie tbqh :)

And Miyuki, I think I knew who it was from his first post, lol. Being an outed baddie is an art form; gloating and making :feb: faces at the civs just pisses people off. If you act friendly and sincere, they more often than not let you stick around and even start treating you like a mascot lol. That won't be happening to Queran anytime soon :)

ooooohhhhh- I thought he was being serious :bounce: like he was really vain and didnt care who knew :haha:

and I couldnt think of anyone that it could be :omg:
Assault
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

You know, stopping day is always a problem in anyday. Most of the time, whoever gets that abilty can only use it once, maybe twice. It still doesnt change anything. The baddies can do that whether or not we talk.

I still think we should skip speaking in the day. This power of Rump's is over-powering, and they have been steamrolling us so far.
Assault
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote: I still think we should skip speaking in the day. This power of Rump's is over-powering, and they have been steamrolling us so far.

Agreed. There's nothing to talk about at this point anyway, since Queran outed himself.
Fractal
sprityo
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

I have the same question for the hosts that Ameerah asked-

Do tooltips on images count as words in your post (for example, if I use this smiley and you put your mouse over it and it says "big grin" can Rumpel steal my vote if the secret word happens to be big or grin?
Assault
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Fane Winebattle wrote:
Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote: I still think we should skip speaking in the day. This power of Rump's is over-powering, and they have been steamrolling us so far.

Agreed. There's nothing to talk about at this point anyway, since Queran outed himself.
Agreed. The sooner he is lynched the sooner we can start to pay normally as he is probably Rumplestiltskin himself.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Dallon Redwarlock wrote:
Fane Winebattle wrote:

Agreed. The sooner he is lynched the sooner we can start to pay normally as he is probably Rumplestiltskin himself.
Yeah, we got it; you're really thirsty for Querans blood.

Return to “Previous Jobs”