Lady Godiva(HOST/DEAD/NON)
71%

Total votes: 14
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 461

Re: STAR WARS Mafia [Day 5]

Post by Golden »

It's not fair to do the bet thing? Why is that not fair... is it not fair because you can't keep trying to force your wagon that I'm bad when I say something like that...

Brian may have been stitching me up, if it was intentional then bravo to Brian. Myself, I think it much more likely that he just laughed at some of my posts - as I've said, just like many other people have done in this game. I think the only 'luck' here is that Brian happened to come back as the role he did so that you can use it in your case.

All the evidence comes together.... no, 'lol' doesn't suddenly change a 'gut feel' to a 'shut case'.

I think it makes you bad because you keep denying it is what you are doing. I'm not the one who wants it both ways, you are... you are the one who claims to have had a gut read on me all game, but your conduct in the thread doesn't back that up. It backs up that you are all over the place.

Whatever, as I've said... lets go 1 v 1 today. I'm up for it.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

OK - you bet that you will sign up for RYM91

I bet that I will buy you a million dollar mansion if you are correct.

Deal done.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 878

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote:It's not fair to do the bet thing? Why is that not fair... is it not fair because you can't keep trying to force your wagon that I'm bad when I say something like that...

Brian may have been stitching me up, if it was intentional then bravo to Brian. Myself, I think it much more likely that he just laughed at some of my posts - as I've said, just like many other people have done in this game. I think the only 'luck' here is that Brian happened to come back as the role he did so that you can use it in your case.

All the evidence comes together.... no, 'lol' doesn't suddenly change a 'gut feel' to a 'shut case'.

I think it makes you bad because you keep denying it is what you are doing. I'm not the one who wants it both ways, you are... you are the one who claims to have had a gut read on me all game, but your conduct in the thread doesn't back that up. It backs up that you are all over the place.

Whatever, as I've said... lets go 1 v 1 today. I'm up for it.
I never said it was a shut case. Stop putting words in my mouth. I am super confident. Don't play the semantics game. Super confident doesn't mean I know for sure. I'm not going to suggest 1 v 1 against you simply because it's not fair to the game. It actually goes against exactly what I said pissed me off about yesterday. If this dominates the entire day, then yet again the Empire can just coast along because I think you are Hutt, you think I am Hutt. I doubt you are Empire. I assume you doubt I am Empire. They get to just choose between us and sit back and laugh again. I want the other players to continue what they are doing. There are players having their own dialogues. I want that to continue. I'm not going to ask everyone to put down their own enjoyment of the game for the benefit of a Golden gambit.

You pushing for that outcome is laughable. It's not you man. It's not you.

Linki: Golden... that's terribly not in the spirit of the game.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Epignosis »

THIS IS MY FIGHT SONG / DH'S FAVORITE SONG / HE SINGS IT IN A THONG / OH YEAH

pew pew pew

Black Rock has been killed by the Empire.
It is now Day 6. You have 48 hours to go all Revenge of the Jedi on somebody's Sith ass.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I remember on RYM once I swore on my daughter's life I was civ. I got lynched anyway. I was civ. It was decided afterwards that saying shit like that goes against the spirit of the game entirely.

I'm not going to hold you to buying me a million dollar mansion, but you saying that really just made me feel stupid. Like if we're allowed to just play the game that way then what's the point. Now I don't see why/how you would say that if you were bad. Because you took it outside the confines of the game and are forcing me to question your actual personal ethics to maintain my read, which is unfair. I can't do that. I don't know you well but I like you and I don't believe you would say that if you were bad.

Disappointing to me on many levels...

I just totally lost interest in this game.
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 816

Post by a2thezebra »

RIPIWYG Black Rock

Now let's all go Revenge of the Jedi on somebody's Sith ass. :slick:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Cheer up Mac
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

How about we don't bet anything when it comes to being right or wrong about whatever. Personal ethics will always come into question to an extent with propositions like that.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Lol, as I said Mac. Which of us is scared of a 1 v 1?

You should have thought more before going after me so hard. If you are civ, you've been wilfully blind to every rational statement put your way. You've tried getting at me every single way you can. You've called me empire. You've called me hutt. You've tried calling me civ to see if you can catch me off guard. You've said I'm mean and belittling. You've said I am not playing in the spirit of the game. You've said you have a gut feeling, you've said you're 99% certain. Anything, anything at all, as long as it makes me look bad and gets me lynched.

But what you've refused to do is look for a second at any of my defences. I respond to your actual accusations, and you just ignore them and ignore me trying to present the evidence against.

But your biggest crime? You've spent the entire game telling the thread what ISN'T golden. But you don't know me that well yet, Mac. I'm like an onion. I have layers.

Voting Mac - as soon as the poll is up.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: STAR WARS Mafia [Day 6]

Post by MacDougall »

No, I was totally convinced I caught a bad guy and he just took a giant shit on it by breaking what I thought were unwritten rules of the game. So now I feel stupid.

Linki: I'm angry at you. Go away.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Fuck it, Golden at this point your cheap tactic has completely made me feel like I'm wrong and stupid.

I'm not playing this dumb 1v1 game with you either. I want people to play the game properly. Not play the game Golden's way.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote: If you are civ, you've been wilfully blind to every rational statement put your way.
No I haven't, at all.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MacDougall wrote:No, I was totally convinced I caught a bad guy and he just took a giant shit on it by breaking what I thought were unwritten rules of the game. So now I feel stupid.

Linki: I'm angry at you. Go away.
An unwritten rule is not a rule. If I as convinced as you were that Golden was bad then saying some shit about a mansion wouldn't change that. But I'm not you, so feel free to feel stupid over a statement that in no way makes Golden actually look better. Come on Mac, this kind of thing is why I was discouraging both of you from fighting way earlier in the game. Nothing good is coming of it.

linki - Why are you worried about everyone conforming to Golden's standards of how the game will be played?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Forgive me I have lost the will to give a shit.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

a2thezebra wrote:linki - Why are you worried about everyone conforming to Golden's standards of how the game will be played?
Last time I said that, I think literally no-one voted for JJJ lol.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 42

Post by thellama73 »

RIP Black Rock. I'm sorry zebra killed you.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I'm not worried about them doing it. I trust that if anyone votes for Golden or I it's based on evidence that they feel we are the best candidate for a lynch. I feel like his insistence on doing it is motivated by nefarious intentions. I don't think people will either.

Look, if you can't see the evidence that he's Crumb. Then you are inside your own heads. He's clearly Crumb.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

thellama73 wrote:RIP Black Rock. I'm sorry zebra killed you.
Thoughts on Golden and/or Blooper? Pretty please?

linki - He may be Crumb, but he is not clearly Crumb. Certainly not because he made bcornett say "lol".
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden has successfully driven me insane. One side of my brain is convinced he must be telling the truth because of his shitty gambit. By the other half is convinced that he's bad.

I quit life.

Linki: He did it TWICE. Have you actually analysed the contexts. Both of them were hilariously obvious. Neither deserved the response that Jabba gave them.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote:I'm not worried about them doing it. I trust that if anyone votes for Golden or I it's based on evidence that they feel we are the best candidate for a lynch. I feel like his insistence on doing it is motivated by nefarious intentions. I don't think people will either.

Look, if you can't see the evidence that he's Crumb. Then you are inside your own heads. He's clearly Crumb.
Well, feeling stupid and totally wrong lasted quite some time there :p

Look, Mac, sorry if that gambit upset you. I thought you could see the gambit for what it was, a gambit. I tell you what, I'll change my bet to getting to call you MattDougall instead of Mac in the next game we play, in honour of how hard you are tunnelling on me. How does that sound.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 221

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
THIS IS MY FIGHT SONG / DH'S FAVORITE SONG / HE SINGS IT IN A THONG / OH YEAH

pew pew pew

Black Rock has been killed by the Empire.
It is now Day 6. You have 48 hours to go all Revenge of the Jedi on somebody's Sith ass.

Lol, I was gonna write an actual story post but this is really too good. I'm sorry for the delay guys, I had some things I was juggling. Props to Epi for helping me out. For anyone who cares, Here is a kind of story-post to move the main story along.

===

After what felt like a week of negotiations had passed, both sides were beginning to suspect that Lando Calrissian was playing them for fools. Indeed, every attempt they made to secure a deal was met with impossible-to-meet counter proposals by the criminal mastermind. It was enough to gether the attention of Lord Vader himself. The Dark Lord of the Sith traveled in secret to Cloud City, with an entourage of his finest and most loyal Storm Troopers. He had a plan to encourage Lando to expedite his end of the negotiations. With Vader waiting patiently at their secure forward operating base, the Storm Troopers dispersed out into the residential areas of Cloud City, gathering up dozens of citizens from their homes. The few that dared to protest past light shoving and muffled screams were shot and left in their homes to die. Those that remained were lined up in a public area of the city, while troopers established a perimeter. Once everything had been secured, Vader arrived in his usual ominous fashion, walking along the line of hostages and breathing heavily from his mask.

"Calrissian means to play me for a fool? The patience of a Sith is not to be tested! Execute them!"

At his order, the troopers shot into the line of citzens, mowing them down with brutal efficiency. Before local authorities could react, the imperials dispersed back into the shadows, no doubt preparing their delegation to leave the planet. Once Lando had gotten word that one of the slaughtered was Black Rock, a dear friend, his temperament changed drastically. The swaggering space pirate was gone, replaced by a subservient puppy. the Rebel delegation was all but forcefully removed from their lodgings, and Lando refused to give them an audience. Lord Vader's plan to beat Lando into submission had worked, at least for now.

===

Black Rock wiped away tears as she watched the execution scene. Her doppelganger had previously been the subject of a very emotional side plot, and her tragic end was one of the emotional pillars of this version of the films. Looking over, she could see that Simon was yawning and nodding off.

"Oh man what time is it?" Black Rock asked, putting her handkerchief away. "Here, I'll take Simon to bed. You guys can just tell me what I miss."

Simon wiggled his arms in protest, blinking rapidly. "I'm fine. I don't even need a bed time." but it was not true. For try as he might, Simon could not stay awake. Because bed time is super important. Black Rock picked Simon up and headed off.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I'm not worried about them doing it. I trust that if anyone votes for Golden or I it's based on evidence that they feel we are the best candidate for a lynch. I feel like his insistence on doing it is motivated by nefarious intentions. I don't think people will either.

Well, feeling stupid and totally wrong lasted quite some time there :p

Look, Mac, sorry if that gambit upset you. I thought you could see the gambit for what it was, a gambit. I tell you what, I'll change my bet to getting to call you MattDougall instead of Mac in the next game we play, in honour of how hard you are tunnelling on me. How does that sound.
I don't even know why it did but it really did...
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MacDougall wrote:Golden has successfully driven me insane. One side of my brain is convinced he must be telling the truth because of his shitty gambit. By the other half is convinced that he's bad.

I quit life.

Linki: He did it TWICE. Have you actually analysed the contexts. Both of them were hilariously obvious. Neither deserved the response that Jabba gave them.
There's no way his shitty gambit has managed to convince HALF of your brain that he is right. If that's the only source of doubt for you then you should vote for him, I'm serious. Whether or not they deserved the response is entirely subjective.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

a2thezebra wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Golden has successfully driven me insane. One side of my brain is convinced he must be telling the truth because of his shitty gambit. By the other half is convinced that he's bad.

I quit life.

There's no way his shitty gambit has managed to convince HALF of your brain that he is right. If that's the only source of doubt for you then you should vote for him, I'm serious. Whether or not they deserved the response is entirely subjective.
Okay your brain + half of my brain = more than the other half of my brain.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I quit life.

Have you done what I asked and analysed how many other memes and jokes I've made and how many other people have laughed at them?

No.

I make jokes all the time, Mac. It's just part of my style. I actually had the role you speak of, once, in Roger Rabbit. I had to get them to actually use :haha: that smily. That was epignosis hosted.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

As long as we're making bets, here's a bet for you two.

If EITHER of you are scum-aligned, my signature will contain the disclaimer and nothing more for as long as I'm on this site. That's a real damn bet too, not a gambit.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote:

I quit life.

Have you done what I asked and analysed how many other memes and jokes I've made and how many other people have laughed at them?

No.

I make jokes all the time, Mac. It's just part of my style. I actually had the role you speak of, once, in Roger Rabbit. I had to get them to actually use :haha: that smily. That was epignosis hosted.
I don't think that makes a lick of difference. I think it's entirely likely that you started doing it for role reasons and then continued to do it so you could say exactly what you are saying here.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

@zebra - I think Mac has the wool pulled over your eyes real tight.

I'm not fooled. His conviction that I am bad based on a couple of lols is a response to my case that he is on Team Hutt. It's a way of making everyone believe that his case on me is genuine, even if wrong. By implication, my case that he is on team Hutt has to be wrong.

If I were bad, I would play this the way Mac has. If I'm right, hats off to him.

I really think people should listen to me very badly and lynch him.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I think people should listen to me when I say that both of you are misrepresenting each other by accident, but I can't bet that they will. Both of your cases against each other are genuine and both are incorrect. I am very sure of this, but not positive, hence the bet.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

a2thezebra wrote:I think people should listen to me when I say that both of you are misrepresenting each other by accident, but I can't bet that they will. Both of your cases against each other are genuine and both are incorrect. I am very sure of this, but not positive, hence the bet.
I don't think I'm misrepresenting Mac.

I also think you are incorrect that he is good.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Golden wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:I think people should listen to me when I say that both of you are misrepresenting each other by accident, but I can't bet that they will. Both of your cases against each other are genuine and both are incorrect. I am very sure of this, but not positive, hence the bet.
I don't think I'm misrepresenting Mac.

I also think you are incorrect that he is good.
Well we'll just have to agree to disagree then.

Glorfindel

COME AT ME BROTHERS AND SISTERS
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

*lets out war cry*
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Also a pretty good choice for a vote, I believe.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Nay.

It is the PERFECT choice for a vote. FELLOW CIVILIANS AND SCUM THAT WE SHALL GET TO LATER, ignore this 1v1 hullabaloo! Join me in the lynching of this clever manipulator of darkness, the great evil GLORFINDEL shall die TODAY!
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Lynch Golden. You'll never get another chance to lynch the guy. He'll never be this obviously bad in another game again.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 226

Post by Dom »

MacDougall wrote:Golden is in full on panic mode.
No he's not?
MacDougall wrote:Brian replied to one of Golden's memes with "lol, love it".

Brian was Jabba the Hutt.

There is a character that is required to amuse Jabba.

Brian replied to one of Golden's memes with "lol, love it".
bcornett24 wrote:
Golden wrote:gth in this context is gun to head not go to hell.
lol that is awesome
Golden made a funny. Brian's reaction is way over the top. Way way over the top.

They are both fake as fuck lol. The only thing that could save you Golden is if Brian was trying to make you look bad upon his flip.
You are way over the top.
Way over the top.
MacDougall wrote:
Dom wrote:Because I haven't understood anything you've said to me this game.
But you didn't even answer the question?
The posts you make towards me tend to sound like a riddle and not a statement. I don't care pulling them up because you post too much.

anyway, sig bets ugh.

RIP BR.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MacDougall wrote:Lynch Golden. You'll never get another chance to lynch the guy. He'll never be this obviously bad in another game again.
If that's true then he deserves to never be lynched again, because he is nowhere near "obviously bad" to me.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Yes Dom, sig bets. Game on.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

a2thezebra wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Lynch Golden. You'll never get another chance to lynch the guy. He'll never be this obviously bad in another game again.
If that's true then he deserves to never be lynched again, because he is nowhere near "obviously bad" to me.
Mac vastly overestimates my inability to get myself lynched. I do it all the time.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Watchmen is the most recent example I can think of where I was lynched for being obviously bad :(
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Well right now you suck at it, Golden.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

BECAUSE GLORFINDEL SHALL DIE :feb:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I honestly think, if anyone does not believe Mac is bad, they should lynch me instead.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Fine, as usual my cases are either crap or scum driven. Next time I'm civ I will just act like a dick to people, wait until other cases are made and argue with them or just bandwagon them and generally just make obvious calls on things. I am so sick of trying. Anyone would think I'm never right the way people treat almost every case I make...
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Golden wrote:I honestly think, if anyone does not believe Mac is bad, they should lynch me instead.
That is just whack yo.

linki - That is just whack yo.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 153

Post by sig »

I've said this before I believe this is mac/Golden thing is Civ on civ. However, I don't like Golden saying his statements are lie detectable first off we don't even know if that is a role, second off the only thing we know about a lie detecting item is that the Jawa sold one. this could've easily been bought by one of the scum teams and this is in fact what first pinged me about Sorsha.

linki: Why are we betting me? :P
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

It isn't whack.

If it was whack, I wouldn't suggest it.

I bet ONE sig.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MacDougall wrote:Fine, as usual my cases are either crap or scum driven. Next time I'm civ I will just act like a dick to people, wait until other cases are made and argue with them or just bandwagon them and generally just make obvious calls on things. I am so sick of trying. Anyone would think I'm never right the way people treat almost every case I make...
I mean this is pretty much what I do and I have to say I love it. That is when people aren't taking what I say too seriously, of course. :(
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

sig wrote:I've said this before I believe this is mac/Golden thing is Civ on civ. However, I don't like Golden saying his statements are lie detectable first off we don't even know if that is a role, second off the only thing we know about a lie detecting item is that the Jawa sold one. this could've easily been bought by one of the scum teams and this is in fact what first pinged me about Sorsha.

linki: Why are we betting me? :P
I like this post except the linki part because I wanted to make that joke first.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

a2thezebra wrote:
Golden wrote:I honestly think, if anyone does not believe Mac is bad, they should lynch me instead.
That is just whack yo.

linki - That is just whack yo.
But it's true. Trust me. I am the person who it happens to.

Time and time again I get gut reads that turn out to be right but nobody ever actually acts on them. In fact in this very game I had a gut read that nobody acted on until days later and then Golden called my initial case bullshit and is taking the fucking credit for it. It sucks balls. It always happens. People just don't get the way I find scum and think I'm stupid or something.

Return to “Previous Jobs”