Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 13

Moderator: Community Team

Have you cleaned up your sock account and returned it unharmed to your Hosts?

Yes
75%
No, not yet but will soon
No votes
Nope cuz we hosted/Bea/Roxy/Ser Sockinthestone
25%

Total votes: 16
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 209

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 4

Post by Young Lady »

So on one end we have Etain saying:

"The possibility of a Carmen role hint pushed Carmen out of the spotlight and Finnian became her de facto replacement. Shortly after THAT, the push for low posters begain, possibly as a scramble to protect Finian from this impossible to foresee shift in the paradigm."

And on the other we have Deidre, one of the folks being tossed about as possibly suspicious (according to Etain in part to rescue Finian) saying:

"The new crop of suspects is just a distraction from the old crop of suspects." which of course he would say, being one of the new crop of suspects :P

Do I have the gist?

Supervisor
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Larry David »

Okay I have to go do musical stuff. I might be getting drunk immediately after so whether or not I'll have time to vote after is unknown. SO FOR MY FIRST VOTE EVER

*drum roll*

Carmen

Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Kent Brockman »

Finnian Metalfox wrote:Yeah, Etain. The Djinn hates me enough already. :(

We Djinns have too much in our hearts to harbor hate. But the Cause of Peace requires that evil be purged from the world, as I learned when I attended the Forty-Third Annual Convention of the Grand Mystic Royal Order of the Nobles of the Ali Baba Temple of the Shrine.

Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Celeste »

Queran Gloomsoul wrote:So on one end we have Etain saying:

"The possibility of a Carmen role hint pushed Carmen out of the spotlight and Finnian became her de facto replacement. Shortly after THAT, the push for low posters begain, possibly as a scramble to protect Finian from this impossible to foresee shift in the paradigm."

And on the other we have Deidre, one of the folks being tossed about as possibly suspicious (according to Etain in part to rescue Finian) saying:

"The new crop of suspects is just a distraction from the old crop of suspects." which of course he would say, being one of the new crop of suspects :P

Do I have the gist?

Um, I'm not sure, wouldn't that mean that Deirde and I are in agreement? If so, then yea, I think that's right.

Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 184

Post by Ned Flanders »

Deirdre, the role hints have been discussed more than 24 hours now. One would think you use this as an excuse, but I can see both good and bad reasons for doing so.

Bronwyn's post sounds straight to the point and mirrors the qualms I have about voting for/against Carmen. Carmen's posts sound pseudo-innocent. I have to say that the only way I think a baddie might have been ballsy enough to make false role hints, is if they have a team member who checked a player on night 1, and found out the identity of a member of the townie duo, and turned in a kill for that player on the next night. Then possibly a team member could establish, by rolehint, that they are a member of this loving duo.

I am still considering what to do.

Assault
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Except you think the push was to protect Finnian, and Deidre thinks Carmen is a better bet?

Supervisor
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Queran Gloomsoul wrote:Except you think the push was to protect Finnian, and Deidre thinks Carmen is a better bet?

Oh, I was reading only your post, I didn't go back to hers. If she thinks the fix is in to save Carmen, then no, we don't agree.

Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

My post was to point out the interesting contrast in your two theories.

Supervisor
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 77

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Wow, 2-2-2 so far! Avoiding that spread is going....poorly. I have to choose now and then sleep. I will go Finnian for reasons previously stated. I still feel worst about him. And I'm not sure about the "subtle push" being discussed, but I think the possibility is there. Linki #2: wait, is the "subtle push" away from Carmen or Finnian?

Linki #1: Miyuki, can you explain why the scenario you put forth is the only way a nogoodnik would dare hint at a civvie role? And the hint you seem to have picked up is a different role than the one I had been reading. Since when are role hints ok, anyway? Every other game I've played, hints have made people want to lynch the person more, not less.

I'm becoming more and more convinced that Bac's thoughts on Ameerah are right, as well. Occam's Razor says silencing and then killing him to stop him talking about her is a solid plan. But given the current spread I think that's a debate for tomorrow.

Linki #3: Wow Queran, prolific today!

Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 77

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

EBWOP: I voted Finnin, since he seems to have replaced Finnian on the poll. ;)
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Gobnait Gingeruite wrote:Wow, 2-2-2 so far! Avoiding that spread is going....poorly. I have to choose now and then sleep. I will go Finnian for reasons previously stated. I still feel worst about him. And I'm not sure about the "subtle push" being discussed, but I think the possibility is there. Linki #2: wait, is the "subtle push" away from Carmen or Finnian?

Linki #1: Miyuki, can you explain why the scenario you put forth is the only way a nogoodnik would dare hint at a civvie role? And the hint you seem to have picked up is a different role than the one I had been reading. Since when are role hints ok, anyway? Every other game I've played, hints have made people want to lynch the person more, not less.

I'm becoming more and more convinced that Bac's thoughts on Ameerah are right, as well. Occam's Razor says silencing and then killing him to stop him talking about her is a solid plan. But given the current spread I think that's a debate for tomorrow.

Imo, the push is away from Finnian.

NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 34

Post by NurseWilgy »

Sorry for being Mia, my father in law died on Wednesday so mafia is the least thing of my mind.

Anyways skimmed through the last few pages , and my gut is saying finnin.

Votes.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Lyel Lambboat wrote:Sorry for being Mia, my father in law died on Wednesday so mafia is the least thing of my mind.
My condolences, Lyel. :(

NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 34

Post by NurseWilgy »

Rhinfrew Flowingrass wrote:
Lyel Lambboat wrote:Sorry for being Mia, my father in law died on Wednesday so mafia is the least thing of my mind.
My condolences, Lyel. :(

nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 121

Post by Rachel Green »

I dunno, I kinda feel like even though she thinks I am illogical (and she is not the first to think that) Carmn hasthe plaintive innocent thing going on to some extent imo, so I am leaning that Finian was the person in need of succor, not Carmen.

*21*
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Firstly, sorry to hear that Lyle.

Gobnait Gingeruite wrote:Wow, 2-2-2 so far! Avoiding that spread is going....poorly. I have to choose now and then sleep. I will go Finnian for reasons previously stated. I still feel worst about him. And I'm not sure about the "subtle push" being discussed, but I think the possibility is there. Linki #2: wait, is the "subtle push" away from Carmen or Finnian?

What do you mean w/ Linki #3? :D

Supervisor
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Happy Hour at the Pixie Parlour after toil (buy a thimble of brew, get one free!!) So voting now. I think Finian is more likely the culprit in the near murder of me :noble:

So picking Finian

*22*
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

I am voting Finnian as well. Given the plethora of evidence and theories and things that sprang forth today, the stuff on him seems to make the most sense and feels just about right to me.
Supervisor
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Gob, some roles have to search or be sought, and the player chooses to throw hints out to speed the process along. I won't weigh in on whether its right or wrong, to each his own. I'm surprised you didn't understand when reading the links I posted though.

I just have to decide whether I believe its real or false.

Assault
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

EBWOP 35.
Supervisor
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 104

Post by Spooky Ghost »

How convenient! The points I was going to make have already been made. :D

This has been an interesting Sunny Period indeed! I agree with Etain regarding the subtle push in the thread away from Finnian. I am also willing to wait another Sunny Period on this issue of Carmen's hint as well. Good points on that one.

I am going to go ahead and vote now so as not to miss it again. :rolleyes:

*votes Finnian*
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 104

Post by Spooky Ghost »

EBWOP:

Boy, that's easy to forget!!
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

I am increasingly unsurprised that Gob and Bac seem to be more and more operating under the same flag. I suppose the buddying-up is more on Gob's part, but the increasing frequency is starting to become alarming :P

Supervisor
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Queran Gloomsoul wrote:I am increasingly unsurprised that Gob and Bac seem to be more and more operating under the same flag. I suppose the buddying-up is more on Gob's part, but the increasing frequency is starting to become alarming :P

Actually I kinda thought the same thing myself, my opinion is not all that that he keeps needing it as much as he is saying, ha ha.

*23*
Julinook
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 57
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Post by Julinook »

*Votes Finnian for reasons previously given.*
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

Well I managed to get a couple minutes on the Mac here. Anyways, look for baddies in my voters yadda yadda easy target to shift attention on yadda yadda good luck civs.
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 73

Post by Lunatella »

Right or wrong I would rather we as a majority decide who gets lynched. So I am sorry Finian i will have to vote for you to try to avoid vote manipulation as much as possible.

Votes Finian.

*fingers crossed*
Lunalee
nutella
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

I am sticking with my Carmen vote. She mayormaynot have role-hinted and her posts haven't done much to quell my suspicion of her.

I keep going back and forth on Finnian--I just can't wrap my brain around why a mafia would choose not to vote 3 days in a row knowing that they can't use their night power (or that their teammate wouldn't be pushing them to vote). I hope he is bad, but I decided to stick with my gut.

Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Snapshot »

could someone direct me to where the rolehinting is supposed to have happened?

Reporting
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Deidre -

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=148&p=19909#p19909
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=148&p=20142#p20142

Supervisor
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Queran Gloomsoul wrote:Deidre -

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=148&p=19909#p19909
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=148&p=20142#p20142

are you able to put that in an actual link by any chance? I'm on my phone in a room full of people

Reporting
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Supervisor
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

interesting... either its a legit hint or the baddies know that role is dead somehow. but that role doesn't have a lynch switch. lynch results trump role hint imo.

votes carmen.

Reporting
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

I will not speak again until the sun sets. I have made thirty utterances, and to the Djinns, thirty is the perfect number. Rotated ninety degrees, it looks like the bosom of a well-endowed she-Djinn.

Julinook
Hydra Account
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Post by Julinook »

Rhinfrew Flowingrass wrote:I will not speak again until the sun sets. I have made thirty utterances, and to the Djinns, thirty is the perfect number. Rotated ninety degrees, it looks like the bosom of a well-endowed she-Djinn.

:haha:
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

I could easily go with Finnian or Fane, until I have come to a decision about Carmen. I'll go with Finnian though, to minimize the chance of Rumple being able to shift enough votes elsewhere.

Assault
bea
Racketeer
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

A king owns an apple tree, and whoever picked an apple from it he would wish underground. His three daughters looked to see if any fell, and after a time the youngest said that their father loved them too much for that. When they ate, they sank underground. The king offered them to whoever saved them.

Three huntsmen set out. They found a castle with no one in it but food set out, so they watched and then ate, and agree that they would draw lots; one would stay and the other two would search. The eldest stayed, and a mannikin begged for bread. When the man gave him some, the mannikin dropped it and asked it to give him it again. He refused and the mannikin beat him. The same thing happened to the second huntsman. When the third one stayed, he did take up the bread, but refused after the mannikin dropped it again and beat him. The mannikin got him to stop by promising to show him how to get the king's daughters again. He showed him a deep well without water, warned that his companions would betray him and so he had to go alone, and vanished. The third told the other two, and they went to the well. The eldest and next both tried to be lowered, but panicked; the youngest went down and found the king's daughters being held captive, one by a dragon with nine heads, one by one with five, one by one with four. He killed the dragons and had the king's daughters lifted in the basket. Then he put in a rock; his brothers cut the rope and took the princesses back to the king.

The youngest found a flute. Playing it conjured up elves, who brought him to the surface. The princesses told the truth, and the older brothers were hanged, but the youngest son married the youngest princess.

Manchin Ironbeast has been lynched. He was The Gnome. A secret Civ role.

It is now Day - you have 48 hours to lynch someone.

Special hostess note: Because we are moving from a day phase to another day phase, there are NO night powers in play this cycle.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 98
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Re: Grimm's Polls

Post by Roxy »

Well,well,well who just tried something bad? Also this Poll will end at 6PM EST Friday 17 May

Eurolyvn
No votes
Lyel
No votes
Gobnait
No votes
Fane
Shand Azureye (4), Eurolyvn Blissfulone (5) 10%
Anchoret
No votes
Queran
No votes
Bronwyn
No votes
Bac
No votes
Izett
No votes
Shand
No votes
Dallon
No votes
Ameerah
No votes
Mainchin
No votes
Etain
No votes
Gaerwen
No votes
Rhinfrew
No votes
Dierdre
No votes
Grutfud
No votes
Carmen
Bronwyn Mightyfeet (9), Finnian Metalfox (10), Ameerah Frolicstag (18), Dierdre Wonderbird (19) 20%
Finnin
Rhinfrew Flowingrass (6), Etain Royalskull (7), Gobnait Gingeruite (11), Lyel Lambboat (12), Queran Gloomsoul (13), Bac Wunderelin (14), Izett Cruelsinger (15), Carmen Brightsun (16), Mainchin Ironbeast (17), Miyuki Lovelymoth (20) 50%
Miyuki
No votes
Laine
No votes
Always it's us/Hosts/Sockadelic/Deaded/Nons
Roxy (1), MovingPictures07 (2), Dilan Bluemoss (3), bea (8) 20%
Total votes : 20
;)
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

I must lie down and take a dose of salts... :sigh:
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 5

Post by Young Lady »

Well, uhm. RIP Mainchin. This throws my whole Carmen/Mainchin theory into the trash. I guess I was right in assuming that Roxy's little sentence in that other post meant two days in a row...

Really not sure what to make of all this ...
Supervisor
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 58
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Quokka »

Oh no! I liked you, Mainchin. RIP :(
To be recycled
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

Well shit. RIP Mainchin.
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

Before anyone asks, I have no clue how I survived.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

The same way as last time would be my guess
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Also bye Mainchin :(
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Bac Wunderelin wrote:The same way as last time would be my guess
So you think Finnian was saved twice?
Supervisor
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

Wasn't I only saved once? I thought Carmen led last lynch. Or am I horribly wrong?
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Well that's what I was asking Bac..
Supervisor
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Finnian Metalfox wrote:Wasn't I only saved once? I thought Carmen led last lynch. Or am I horribly wrong?
Carmen had more visible votes than you, yes. Does not mean she led. This was discussed.

Does no night mean The Trickster did not get to pick a word? So we might perhaps have a normal lynch?
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Queran Gloomsoul wrote:Well that's what I was asking Bac..
Huh? Not sure what this is referring to can you help a Pixie out and explain? You like explaining, make it a looooong explanation, with lots of multisyllabic words :dance:

Return to “Previous Jobs”