BOOM!!!! (host, deadies, non-players)
42%

Total votes: 12
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 130

Re: [NIGHT 3] Avant-Garde Mafia 2

Post by Epignosis »

I've tried considering what the Devin Townsend reference is about in the previous night post. The Truth witnessed rabbit8 doing strange things. Why The Truth? And did anyone have any luck figuring this (presumed) riddle out? Obviously not, I guess. :|

And Droopy Cash was hell bent on voting for rabbit8- the former turned out to be a civilian.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Ooo- almost edited my post (habit).

This may be reaching, but all the tracks on Addicted (the DT album) have exclamation marks at the end. An upside-down exclamation mark is a lowercase "i," and the only one among us with that mark at the end is Vompatti.

Probably talking out of my ass though.
BoatsBoatsBoats
The Mark
Posts in topic: 66

Post by BoatsBoatsBoats »

Epignosis wrote:Ooo- almost edited my post (habit).

This may be reaching, but all the tracks on Addicted (the DT album) have exclamation marks at the end. An upside-down exclamation mark is a lowercase "i," and the only one among us with that mark at the end is Vompatti.

Probably talking out of my ass though.
That's actually pretty interesting. Though I don't think that means anything.
BoatsBoatsBoats
The Mark

While Vomps is most likely a baddie, it's really a given at this point. What I'm having trouble with is the next step; finding out who is bad after Vomps is out of the picture. There are some who I am suspicious of, but they could just as easily be civs.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 58
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Just an update, I am now reading in Day 3 so I feel like I've made a lot of progress and I still hope to catch up to everyone tonight. A couple of observations, and I know I haven't read everything so forgive me if i say something that has since been proven "not an issue".

One thing is Vompatti's (did i spell that right?)vote for rabbit with the reason "personal reasons". I have never in all my mafia days seen a post that said "personal reasons" and it immediately made me thing something was up. One thing I thought about was maybe they have bts and had a fight and Vompatti has taken it to the thread but since something similar happened in another Sock game I feel sure MP would have swooped down and the consequences for Vompatti would have been dire - like modkill. Since that didn't happen, it leaves me with a serious ?. I've not explored in the roles the forced vote option but usually people just vote without a reason or make up something plausible but not real strong as a reason - like rabbit's "aggressiveness". So I'm strongly pinged by that vote reason.

Secondly, if you think Kate is a civv then listen to her where SVS is concerned. She can read her like a book, and though I'm glad to finally know those "tells" I will kick Kate (kicks Kate) for telling SVS about them before rabbit's game starting! Now she knows Kate, when I was hoping to get you to tell me between games! I'm serious though folks about kate knowing SVS.

And just a small thing, I always see aggressive rabbit as civv rabbit.

Ok so I'll go back to reading now though I'm approaching crosseyed (great posts MP).

Sorry for such a long post. And hey! Where's my smiley? LT knows which one it is, lol.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 170
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:ImageImageImage Come out, come out, wherever you are.
You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

juliets wrote:Just an update, I am now reading in Day 3 so I feel like I've made a lot of progress and I still hope to catch up to everyone tonight. A couple of observations, and I know I haven't read everything so forgive me if i say something that has since been proven "not an issue".

One thing is Vompatti's (did i spell that right?)vote for rabbit with the reason "personal reasons". I have never in all my mafia days seen a post that said "personal reasons" and it immediately made me thing something was up. One thing I thought about was maybe they have bts and had a fight and Vompatti has taken it to the thread but since something similar happened in another Sock game I feel sure MP would have swooped down and the consequences for Vompatti would have been dire - like modkill. Since that didn't happen, it leaves me with a serious ?. I've not explored in the roles the forced vote option but usually people just vote without a reason or make up something plausible but not real strong as a reason - like rabbit's "aggressiveness". So I'm strongly pinged by that vote reason.

Secondly, if you think Kate is a civv then listen to her where SVS is concerned. She can read her like a book, and though I'm glad to finally know those "tells" I will kick Kate (kicks Kate) for telling SVS about them before rabbit's game starting! Now she knows Kate, when I was hoping to get you to tell me between games! I'm serious though folks about kate knowing SVS.

And just a small thing, I always see aggressive rabbit as civv rabbit.

Ok so I'll go back to reading now though I'm approaching crosseyed (great posts MP).

Sorry for such a long post. And hey! Where's my smiley? LT knows which one it is, lol.
OUCH!!! :coffee: :bounce:
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

:ponder: has been added.

And JC, it is right here, at least I think this is the one you mean! :wine: If it isn't, let me know.

FYI I will be adding more smilies tomorrow, sorry for any delay. Couldn't find a ton of time during the past week with work and couldn't today because we celebrated my brother's bday today, but I will have a ton of free time tomorrow.
:drums:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MovingPictures07 wrote: :ponder: has been added.

And JC, it is right here, at least I think this is the one you mean! :wine: If it isn't, let me know.

FYI I will be adding more smilies tomorrow, sorry for any delay. Couldn't find a ton of time during the past week with work and couldn't today because we celebrated my brother's bday today, but I will have a ton of free time tomorrow.
:drums:
I don't know how to copy it from RM - its the one called :coffee: and has the smiley popping out of the cup of coffee.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Wait - lol - not that one hahaha. I didn't know there was one here with the same code as my other one.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 207

Post by S~V~S »

This one~

Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

MovingPictures07 wrote: :ponder: has been added.

The civvies shall surely win, now!

Can I just have my banner now? Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Night post and ultimate event results coming ASAP!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Night 3: Ghosts - First Variation

The players were particularly upset tonight because of Mr. Droopy Cash's lynching. Flyin' High especially was depressed and decided she needed to cheer herself up with some Arrested Development.

As she commenced her marathon throughout the night, a grey blob hologram was in the process of sneaking into her room. It traveled underneath the floor and stopped right behind her chair. It meticulously began to protrude its 'body' out of the carpet. It gradually finished shapeshifting into a figure that was just below Flyin' High's head so that she couldn't see a shadow on the wall in front of her. It slowly extended its blob arms in an attempt to strangle her, but as soon as it came close to her neck, Flyin' High turned around and punched its arm. "NO TOUCHING!" She yelled. "Get out of here!"

Sensing it had been caught, the grey blob panicked and slinked back into the carpet and went its way. Elsewhere, the infiltrator controlling the hologram was filled with regret. "I've made a huge mistake", the infiltrator uttered.

The Truth, meanwhile, was fast asleep, dreaming about buzzards and dreadful crows, among other things. Herman the Hologram opened his door, saw that he was sleeping, and grinned. It lifted both fists in the air and smashed The Truth to smithereens. Herman the Hologram left, satisfied, but in vain, as all it did was destroy a robot boy designed to look exactly like The Truth. In reality, The Truth was not sleeping in his bed, but in the closet to avoid being killed. He awakened the following day and saw the destruction. "Wow... I knew that was a good idea", he thought. "I truly am a scientist!" he exclaimed.

An extraterrestrial ghost appeared before Vompatti. It raised its hands, but something made it stop. Then it sibilated, "No -- we have further use of you." Then it vanished.

"Yo, Droops, my man, you're looking pretty bummer, bro," The Omnidimensional Creator remarked, staring at Mr. Droopy Cash's dead corpse. Extending his tattooed fingers towards the fallen and mutilated corpse, he started intoning the mantra, "Ooooom. Ooooom. Oooom." He wiggled his fingers, attempting to raise him back to life. Seconds later, Mr. Droopy Cash successfully rose to life, good as new! "Awesome! Welcome back, dude!"

Flyin' High has survived a kill attempt by Ziltoid the Omniscient's Army.
The Truth has survived a kill attempt by Herman the Planet Smasher.

Mr. Droopy Cash has been resurrected by The Omnidimensional Creator!

There were 0 missing PMs.

It is now Day 4. You have about 50.5 hours to lynch someone.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 3: The Ultimate Event - Results

RankPlayer# of Posts# of Words# of TheoriesTotal Score
1Flyin' High16157531713
2Kate41122511378
3birdwithteeth1110129211352
4Mr. Droopy Cash19122411311
5S~V~S18115531299
6reywaS166103748
7triceratopzeuhl186091693
8DharmaHelper235950664
9Epignosis114683591
10chaindeath44691511
11Benthayer15/juliets24221458
12AceofSpaces74031454
13rabbit8153781453
14Captain Bunny Killer43650377
15DisgruntledPorcupine172371318
16LittleTiger62890307
17insertnamehere111901253
18BoatsBoatsBoats61521200
19Jokreher11580161
20Vompatti101110141
21Boomslang61210139
22The Truth71160137
23Roxy0000
Total Score = (# of Posts x 3) + (# of Words x 1) + (# of Theories x 30)

Theories must be original (theories copied from another player do not count) and must meet the host's subjective judgment of what a theory constitutes. When grading, be sure to note the difference between suspicion and theory.
Clearly off-topic posts/content are not eligible.

Flyin' High wins first place!
Kate wins second place!
birdwithteeth11 wins third place!
[/color]
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 4: Event

"Yes!" the host was happy with the results of the ultimate event. "It worked wonderfully!" He reflected. "...But I grow tired of this dining area. Yuck." He punched through Captain Spectacular's ship again.

"Yes, hello everyone, it is your friendly Sockian host." "Hello!" responded Vompatti, interrupting the host.

"Ah, yes, hello. Anyway... Why don't you move to the game room? I'll even make it worth your while... I will host a fun poker game! How fun does that sound?" The host's fist retreated and the structure of the ship was once again returned to normal.

A challenge has been issued by your host!

Any player interested in entering the host's poker tournament must PM your Sockian host by 1:30PM EST Sunday!

ADDENDUM: Entry to the poker tournament is now OPEN instead of CLOSED. Post in the poker thread at any time to join!

The poker tournament window will last from around 2:00PM EST until 10:00PM EST Sunday. Be aware that if you do not feel you have adequate time to participate during that time frame to not enter the tournament.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 99

Re: [DAY 4] Avant-Garde Mafia 2

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Wooooo no deaths! And welcome back Droopy!

Also, I won my first ever poker tournament in Vegas last year, so I think the rest of you shouldn't be bothered with entering. :srsnod:
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 265

Post by DharmaHelper »

Top Ten baby :slick:
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Mr. Droopy Cash
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 80

Post by Mr. Droopy Cash »

Holy balls I'm alive! ...I can't believe I finished 4th! That pisses me off beyond belief! Oh well. I'm back baby!

Also, in regards to the poker tournament...what would be considered adequate time?
You can just call me...."The Best"
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 99

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

DharmaHelper wrote:Top Ten baby :slick:
Top 3 baby. I win. :slick:
Mr. Droopy Cash
Stool Pigeon

And thank you for the resurrection whoever you are!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Mr. Droopy Cash wrote:Also, in regards to the poker tournament...what would be considered adequate time?
Just so long as you have some time to spend at the computer at some point throughout that window, preferably while at least some others (or at least one other) do as well, then that's adequate enough.

Naturally, the more time you have, the more hands you may be able to participate in. And if you sign up with only a small, restricted window of available time, you may not get to play if other people don't happen to be around.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 114

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Looks like Droopy can get his BTSC easy now. ;)

And glad you survived IYAG y'all.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 114

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

And I'd love to enter but I'm stayin at my friends. :( Shiieeeeet.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

And all I have to say about it now being Day 4 is one word... relief. That ultimate event might have even been too ultimate for your host. I'm so glad I can read posts without having to word count each of them, pinpoint theories, and track that information!
Mr. Droopy Cash
Stool Pigeon

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:And I'd love to enter but I'm stayin at my friends. :( Shiieeeeet.
Oh my gosh!! "Shiieeeeet"!!!!! Major inside joke!!!! @MP @Devin the Omniscient
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Mr. Droopy Cash wrote:
DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:And I'd love to enter but I'm stayin at my friends. :( Shiieeeeet.
LMAO! I wish I still had that voicemail. Not sending that to my phone or saving it in some other way when I know that our work phones only save saved messages for like a month is probably the action I most regret in my entire life. :haha:
Mr. Droopy Cash
Stool Pigeon

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Mr. Droopy Cash wrote:
LMAO! I wish I still had that voicemail. Not sending that to my phone or saving it in some other way when I know that our work phones only save saved messages for like a month is probably the action I most regret in my entire life. :haha:
I wish I would've known it deleted old messages! We need to get his # from Melissa!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

And I realize my answer to your question wasn't really that helpful, Droopy, lol. I would say it's not going to be a huge time commitment at all, but it'll take longer than like 10 minutes at a minimum. It's hard to put a number of minutes/time on it because it's all conceptual at this point based on the number of participants, hands, and how it all works in reality. I've never held a poker tournament inside a mafia game before, nor have I ever seen one.

Perhaps tomorrow morning EST when I have the list of all my participants we (myself and the participants) can figure out good crossover time frames for all of us, if that window is too large or not specific enough.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Mr. Droopy Cash wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Mr. Droopy Cash wrote:
I wish I would've known it deleted old messages! We need to get his # from Melissa!
Definitely. I wonder if we ask her if she has the phone number for "annoying 401k guy" if she will know who we mean, LOL.
Mr. Droopy Cash
Stool Pigeon

MovingPictures07 wrote:And I realize my answer to your question wasn't really that helpful, Droopy, lol. I would say it's not going to be a huge time commitment at all, but it'll take longer than like 10 minutes at a minimum. It's hard to put a number of minutes/time on it because it's all conceptual at this point based on the number of participants, hands, and how it all works in reality. I've never held a poker tournament inside a mafia game before, nor have I ever seen one.

Perhaps tomorrow morning EST when I have the list of all my participants we (myself and the participants) can figure out good crossover time frames for all of us, if that window is too large or not specific enough.
Sounds good! I'll have some time in the early afternoon and the evening as well, I think!
BoatsBoatsBoats
The Mark

Awesome, no deaths! And welcome back, Droopy!
I probably won't sign up for poker since I don't know how to play.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Two words:

Fuck Vompatti.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 207

Post by S~V~S »

Welcome back Droopy <3
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 124

Post by triceratopzeuhl »

Welcome back droopy.

Hard to tell whether surviving an NK is civ or baddie. Not even counting all the role secrets, I see multiple ways that somebody of either persuasion could survive an attempt. Not sure this result helps us label the two attempted targets at all. We don't even know if it's good or bad that they survived. We do know, though, that neither Ziltoid nor Herman killed a civ tonight for sure, so that's positive

And yeah, I don't see myself not voting vomps - barring a bad slip up
[EMM winner placeholder] ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Welcome back Droopy.

@Trice - Well, it's safe to assume for the moment that they are at least not any of the roles that tried to kill them....

ImageImage
ImageImage
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

Probably, but not necessarily DH. It seems unlikely that Ziltoid's army would try to NK their own player - and the Ziltoid Monk's role is one of the known (by everybody, I mean) powers to protect from NK. But since we have no idea how reliable his prayer protection is/what the mechanics behind it are, not sure if they would be willing to bluff their kill like that to try and protect one of their own.

theories omg
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

assuming a "night prayer for safety" is what it sounds like, even
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

so uh, do we get a poll today?
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Vompatti »

Epignosis wrote:Two words:

Fuck Vompatti.
Yes please.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:so uh, do we get a poll today?
Sure! But not until later. :feb:
Mr. Droopy Cash
Stool Pigeon

Vompatti wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Two words:

Fuck Vompatti.
Yes please.
:haha: LOL!
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 132

Post by reywaS »

Great to have you back, Droopy!!!

I'm definitely in for this poker tourney.
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

5 players are already in for the fun poker tournament which will be tons of fun! Still plenty of room for more fun... I mean players!
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

:ponder: I am the best at poker so watch out.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Mr. Droopy Cash
Stool Pigeon

DharmaHelper wrote::ponder: I am the best at poker so watch out.
:eye: :eye:
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 35
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

booo for no deaths! :( Illy and lorab and I need more zombies for the forth coming zombie uprising!
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
The Truth
Posts in topic: 50

Post by The Truth »

I knew that if I ever survived a murder attempt it would be thanks to numerous thinly-veiled GBV references.

Either way, that was much too close. Herman better watch his back, I don't negotiate with terrorists. (or avant gangsters either)
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 132

Post by reywaS »

Mr. Droopy Cash wrote:
Don't look too hard. He's also the best at fantasy football and basketball.
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

reywaS wrote:
Mr. Droopy Cash wrote:
Don't look too hard. He's also the best at fantasy football and basketball.
Vote=Rey

ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”