Romance of the Three Kingdoms [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Who is a threat to the Han? Appoint two for the duel.

Poll ended at Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:14 pm

Bass_the_Clever
No votes
Boomslang
30%
DFaraday
30%
Jan / Aragorn
No votes
Nerolunar / Matahari
No votes
nijuukyugou
No votes
Quin
No votes
sig / indiglo
No votes
Simon
15%
Zuo Ci
No votes
Li Jue (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
26%

Total votes: 27
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 2]

Post by Marmot »

I'm trying to post, but the site is loading slowly, and I keep bouncing between work and here.

Look forward to answers to your questions Jay. :beer:

Linki......

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Bullzeye »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:I was under the impression this game was going to be more chilled out and not impossible for me to keep up with :sigh:
With 38 players? XD

Perspective is funny sometimes. I was just groaning about the game moving too slowly. :p
Yes but you consider a day wasted if you haven't broken the world posting record by noon :p I don't even know if I have time to read everything I've missed before the voting deadline tbh. I'm sick of dropping out of games and don't think I could here if I wanted to because we've got half the world playing already. So I'll keep trying, but yeah...

Not being able to post at night really sucks for me because that's how I usually get myself caught up and claw my way into a game.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 122

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Sorry about the drive by votes but I literally just got off work and haven't read anything since about 11.
I voted MM and myself. I voted myself because a Bass beats a marmot everytime.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Ricochet »

Turnip Head wrote:Personally I think this game has moved at the perfect pace. No crazy tangents, no back and forth bickering over something small, only a few signature MP novellas, a JJJ ISO here or there. If we just got a few more posts from the less active players I'd be in mafia heaven.
Ricochet in sign-ups wrote:The best marketing method is to make people realize that, if the game won't start in the next two weeks and I'll be able to join, everyone will have to deal with catching up on 20 pages per phase. So sign up to prevent that.
:ninja:
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Bullzeye wrote:Not being able to post at night really sucks for me because that's how I usually get myself caught up and claw my way into a game.
If I may make a recommendation...

I've found that dead night phases can offer an opportunity to catch up while the thread isn't simultaneously exploding. It's a nice opportunity to look through things at your own pace and identify posts people make that you want to talk about. You can even prepare your posts ahead of time, maybe in Word or Notepad or wherever, and then whenever you're around during the following day phase you can just dump those pre-made posts straight into the thread. The conversation of the hour may be somewhere else, but who cares. Say your piece.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Dom »

DFaraday wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
DFaraday wrote:So far my biggest suspicions are MM and Dom. I think JJJ made a good case for connections between MM and Wilgy, and Dom is not fully addressing the points made against him and, I suspect, hiding behind a posting gimmick.

Bubbles' votes seemed random, but not unusual for Bubbles. :shrug2:
DF, a few questions:

1) In what way would you assert that Dom is hiding behind a posting gimmick?
I think gimmick posters offer themselves a built in defense when it comes to inconsistent behavior or doing things not easily explained. If they frequently do gimmicks, people will come to their defense and say it's just how they always are. If it's unusual for them, as with Dom, I think they hope they can skate by for longer with people remembering the gimmick more than their content. In this case the gimmick seems to be drawing suspicion though.
2) Do you agree or disagree that Dom's posting gimmick is attracting potentially negative attention that he would not have had to deal with otherwise?
I think to a degree it is attracting attention, because his gimmick seems to be causing him to strongly assert his opinions.
3) What points made against him has Dom not addressed, specifically?
He hadn't really established why a less vocal Bass would be bad, nor why he now thinks Bass is good, and didn't address the notion that he could be setting up an excuse to vote Bass later on. He also didn't explain his votes for JJJ and Scotty, beyond saying they're bad.
Here he is, folks. Lying about my record once more. Not only that, but he's using the "gimmick against me and for me. HE is saying that I am, folks, hiding behind a gimmick-- but also suspects me for "using it". Can't have it both ways ! Also-- to the haters, This is real, this is me. I bet my opponents might make a lame popular culture reference here, but that's for the losers.

(c) Paid fo rby Dom/NJU 2016
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Dom, whenever you get in here, can you name your suspects and in some kind of preference order? If you could expand upon some of your thoughts too, that'd be great.
DFaraday - a liar who has lied about me many times and has clearly used me as a scapegoat, despite my posting style doing nothing to inhibit my gameplay
Sig - see above

nutella - see above

scotty - don't trust him, gut feleing, folsk, those are important! !

jjj - don't trust him as much as i'd liek , see scotty!

Some people are looking to make me an easy loser. I'm the ultimate winner.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

sig wrote:
Dom wrote:Put Crooked Dfaraday on the dueling platform.

Or sig.

So you want me to duel why? Since I suspect you.
And they think I'm vain-- Jesus, folks, look at this!
sig wrote:Okay I'm voting Dom for reasons previously stated and lorab since she has posted yet hasn't caught up or in fact posted again since she made her first one that is odd. I'm unsure of MM but wouldn't mind seeing him duel. I don't recall the case on Russ at all so I won't vote there.

Linki I think it makes Mac look slightly more pingy yes. I'd like to see what he says though.
I'd rather not duel hin today and leave him alive for another phase since I think it is to weak to lynch on
Lyin' Sig at it again-- didn't even vote for me? Low energy? Jesus, what a bore !
MovingPictures07 wrote:In fact... *looking at the poll* If Jay or someone else can succinctly explain to me why Dom, MM, and Russ are receiving votes, or at least point me in the direction of stuff I should pay attention to, that'd be great. As awesome as 100 ppg is in making me feel like I have less to read, I still have a lot to read. And I think once I get to the end of Day 1 I'm going to take a break to work again for a couple of hours, and then come back and try to catch up.
Dom has votes because the haters are jealous of his massive appeal to the silent majority (no shows).
MovingPictures07 wrote:DF either is misunderstanding the nature of Dom's comments about Bass (saying that he should be pressured and thought to be bad if he goes silent) or intentionally misrepresenting them. That's my second observation and I'd give DF a slight mafia read for this because I'm leaning the latter.
DFaraday wrote:
Dom wrote:
Scotty wrote: -Domald voted for me and JJJ. Let's see what he had to say about suspicions:
Dom wrote:
DFaraday wrote:I'm not liking Dom's rationale regarding Bass. Since Bass is generally a low poster, that feels like Dom is setting up an easy excuse for voting down the road.

Also Sorsha wanting to vote prefects sounds like a bad idea to me. I get the impression that prefects have important abilities or something, so why would we want to put them up to lynch right away?
And there's this DFaraday guy. This DFaraday guy-- he's just... well.. do I have to say it? He's not good. No good at all. Lies and twisting the fact like the crooked media. Rooting against me.

Listen folks, Bass better stay active. Otherwise he's saying empty promises and looking to be ignored. That's just despicable. We, as a game, cannot let him get away with this, folks.

(c) Paid for by Dom/NJU 2016.
Wait, that's funny. It looks like he meant to vote DF and Bass, but accidentally voted for me and JJJ. Whoops, must be some mistake. Because I just reread all his posts multiple times, and the only time he expressed any sort of sentiment toward me is when I criticized his posting gimmick and he called me "sad". He doesn't really mention JJJ as far as I can tell.

Dom and Bubbles are my top priorities today. I will most likely be voting there.
Lyin' Scotty is teaming up with Tricky Jay in an alliance to take me down!

Why would I vote bass? Right now-- I think Bass is a good guy. That could change. I have explained why in the past. You can look it up-- plenty have written about it.

Folks, don't trust Lyin' Scotty and Tricky Jay. Lyin' Scotty looked for an opportunity to seize power without any sort of content. Tricky Jay has used bad thinking all game. Not good, folks, not good.

(c) Paid for by Dom/Nju 2016.
That's not really answering the question of why you voted Scotty and JJJ. And you think Bass is a good guy?

Also, you say that you think Bass is a good guy, a claim which is not supported by your previous interactions with Bass:
Dom wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:On a side note it feels so good to play with everyone again and have enough time to keep up with the thread. I am trying to be 200% more active this game then my last few poor showings .
Better keep this guy to his promise. I know this bass guy very well and believe me, if this post comes and flakey happens-- plenty of people know it's true that he's bad.

Dom wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Dom wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:On a side note it feels so good to play with everyone again and have enough time to keep up with the thread. I am trying to be 200% more active this game then my last few poor showings .
Better keep this guy to his promise. I know this bass guy very well and believe me, if this post comes and flakey happens-- plenty of people know it's true that he's bad.

I'm confused by this ? Are you saying g if I'm active I'm bad?
What the truth of the matter is that you have to realize that after-- hey, believe me...
If you aren't active, let's just say something else might be going on. I don't know what, but something else! Believe me. For sure !

So first you establish a potential suspicion of Bass to come back to later, but don't actually vote him, instead going with guys you haven't provided reasoning for. Then when questioned, you've thought Bass was good all along? Dom is flip-flopping more than...some sort of public official.
Crooked DFaraday is absolutley misunconstruing my point on bass !
Look, people, if bass is good, he'll keep his word to be more active. If he's a no-good guy, then he's gonna slip in the shadows until he attacks one of us. Could be anywhere .

That's my point. Not that bass is necessarily good or bad righ tnow. The lying summarizers have spewed false statements about me. I'm going to sue them all.
MovingPictures07 wrote:For folks who played Transistor when zebra was acting "weird", ignoring people's requests for elaborating upon her actions, and talking like a cheerleader or something, Dom is that this game. This is a BS lynch.

Who's here? Someone get a CFD going with me. I haven't finished catching up yet, but at this point I'm thinking DFaraday and timmer, the latter due to what I posted above and DF because I think he looks the most potentially opportunistic of the people who have already voted Dom, MM, and Russ to me. That said, I'd be cool with anyone who's absent or mostly absent since it seems this will be a continuing problem. Almost anyone but the three people with the most votes, frankly.
CFD onto Crooked DFaraday or Lyin' Sig, folks.
Scotty wrote:Yeah, you're right MP, I totally forgot Dom was bad in Arkham.
And I'll take your word for it.

I'd support a timmer CFD.

However, good luck getting even 5 people in here in that time. Half the population is a no-show.

While JJJ has talks about this, and I tend to not want to go there, I think there may be validity to the no-shows being a reason at least one of the teams didn't kill last night :shrug2:

If that's the case, I never want to hear about my Day 1 brigade against non-participants.
Why do you support Timmer and not DFaraday?
How could you forget Dom's amazing performance in ARkham mafia. Best of all time, maybe. The game was rigged against him, after all.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm leaning back toward a Russ vote. I'd like to get Dom out of range to duel and that's the most agreeable way of doing so. The second vote is a tougher call. I am fine with putting MM in a duel, but I'd also like to make another option possible. Perhaps timmer. :ponder:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Why not DFaraday though.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dom wrote:Why not DFaraday though.
I don't think he's suspicious. His reasons for voting you aren't inspired, but that's the kind of thing he always thinks about when he votes. In Transistor I was a baddie and I literally relied on him incorrectly suspecting townies for pretty much the same bad reasons (i.e. people not explaining their votes, people acting unusual, etc.).

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 154

Post by Golden »

My experience of nutella.

Cases look great in theory. She is town in practice.

Not that she should be considered town by default. I just feel like I've heard these cases on nutella before.

Even in BSG where she was bad, the case against her seemed to be all about her btsc with LoRab that she didn't have, and I felt like the case on her was wrong (from a host perspective).

This is coming purely from the perspective of someone who hasn't read nutella's posts at all this game. I thought starting from a point of meta might be interesting. See what people think.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Did Bass or bwt explain why they want to be involved in the duel?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Golden wrote:Even in BSG where she was bad, the case against her seemed to be all about her btsc with LoRab that she didn't have, and I felt like the case on her was wrong (from a host perspective).
That wasn't what my case was about. :pout:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Golden wrote:Did Bass or bwt explain why they want to be involved in the duel?
Bass prefers his animal namesake over the marmot. :shrug2:

BWT didn't have time for an informed vote and just picked himself to check the box, IIRC.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Golden wrote:Even in BSG where she was bad, the case against her seemed to be all about her btsc with LoRab that she didn't have, and I felt like the case on her was wrong (from a host perspective).
That wasn't what my case was about. :pout:
As you know, your contributions to games are generally blendy and unmemorable :p
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Bullzeye »

Voted myself so at least I've not missed the vote. Not really been able to catch up enough to form any opinions... Will try at some point but who knows.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I cased nutella hard in Bullets Over Broadway and I was wrong.

I cased nutella hard in Battlestar Galactica and I was right.

In this instance I think the case material presented by MP is less thick (understandably under the circumstances), but it's good enough to be in the duel discussion.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

At this point I'm inclined to vote russti and BWT. I feel sort of bad for russti in particular in that I don't recall specifically reading anything from him, but it's a vote more in favour of keeping dom and marmot around.

BWT - I don't have time for an informed vote either. But I know I'm not bad, so self voting is definitely a worse option.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I cased nutella hard in Bullets Over Broadway and I was wrong.

I cased nutella hard in Battlestar Galactica and I was right.

In this instance I think the case material presented by MP is less thick (understandably under the circumstances), but it's good enough to be in the duel discussion.
Cool. I will read it when I get time, but I think presenting a perspective of how people read nutella unaffected by understanding the case in this game could be useful.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Glorfindel »

Dom wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Dom, whenever you get in here, can you name your suspects and in some kind of preference order? If you could expand upon some of your thoughts too, that'd be great.
DFaraday - a liar who has lied about me many times and has clearly used me as a scapegoat, despite my posting style doing nothing to inhibit my gameplay
Sig - see above

nutella - see above

scotty - don't trust him, gut feleing, folsk, those are important! !

jjj - don't trust him as much as i'd liek , see scotty!

Some people are looking to make me an easy loser. I'm the ultimate winner.
Why are you doing this, Dom? You never responded to my post :( I know you're a good player and all but this approach is really not helping...

I must confess, I'm seriously considering Sorsha as an option here. That whole EoD 1 'Voting for Prefects thing' didn't impress me much.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm voting now because the site keeps crashing and I don't want it to happen when it's too late. Russtifinko and timmer.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'm voting now because the site keeps crashing and I don't want it to happen when it's too late. Russtifinko and timmer.
I was wondering if it was just me having issues.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:No, it's supposed to be a can. But for those of you calling it counterproductive, how do you interpret my reasoning for it? Why do you consider it vote-worthy?

I voted for prefects on my way out the door for a camping trip. I didn't know how the lynches were going to work, and I guess I had a different mindset when I returned. Additionally, I wanted to duel Wilgy. Had there been no duels, I don't think I'd have voted Wilgy.
Talk about the other points I made. I'll give you some direct questions:

Why did you bring up LoRab when you conversed with Wilgy?

Do you think it's fair for people to suspect that you and Wilgy are both buckets of WIFOM and that his painting you as his team mate shouldn't just be discarded?

Why did you want to duel Wilgy?

Did you want to duel Scotty?

Were you trying to capitalize on me being called a baddie by the messenger town role at the start of Day 2?

Who are your suspects?

Do you prefer green beans or wax beans? Is this the interrogation room?
DrWilgy directed a comment at LoRab. I had just posted ISO-links and glanced through, so I knew LoRab hadn't posted yet.

Of course. I love using WIFOM and wouldn't dream of going a whole game without using it. :nicenod:

As I've said already, I wanted to duel him after he thoroughly licked me in a previous game.

No. I have no reason to duel Scotty, and I want to keep him around.

No. I don't think you're bad at all. That's not going to stop me from playing a game though. ;)

I don't like that Dom hasn't talked about me at all. I don't like that Russtifinko denied my offer at a duel. I have a grudge with Turnip Head. Nutella looks appeaseable but I think that's par for the course from her. There is the LoRab comment that DrWilgy made. After some thought, this is my shortlist of people.

I prefer green beans for eating. Wax beans don't sound appetizing. This is the Interrogation Chamber.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Golden wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'm voting now because the site keeps crashing and I don't want it to happen when it's too late. Russtifinko and timmer.
I was wondering if it was just me having issues.
Nope, I think it's all of us... :(

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 100
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Only here for a second. Voted nutella and timmer.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 110
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I prefer green beans for eating. Wax beans don't sound appetizing. This is the Interrogation Chamber.
But what kind of beans do you like in your bean soup?
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 309

Post by Quin »

If I still had a vote, I'd support the nutella train. :srsnod:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 133

Post by MacDougall »

MP I often use meta as a tool when hunting Mafia and trust my own ability to see when players are sticking to or manipulating the perception of their own meta. I also think the vast majority of players have poor grasp of how it works in execution so I usually don't like it being used by others when I see it.

Also it is interesting that Jimmy decided to sit on his hands. He he knows and has documented me as a meta player in his lists. He could have at least stated an opinion on the subject but chose to wait. Why Jimmy?
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Sorsha »

Voted for myself and inh
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 52

Post by Elohcin »

The day is ending soon. I voted MM and Russ.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

MovingPictures07 wrote:For folks who played Transistor when zebra was acting "weird", ignoring people's requests for elaborating upon her actions, and talking like a cheerleader or something, Dom is that this game. This is a BS lynch.
This (and the other similar things you've said) is a fair point. Dom can act zany and it might be alignment non-indicative or even civ-indicative. Still, I haven't liked his behavior in general, what with his odd statements of suspicion and apparent inconsistencies. I'll hold off on voting him for now though.

I really don't like Timmer's choice to "randomly" vote on the bandwagons. That's not a good look. I think he's getting my vote along with MM. I'm a little bit behind on reading the day's posts so I'll read as much as I can in the next 15 minutes but will make sure not to miss the poll.

linki: why are people voting for me??? guess I better catch up :eek:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I prefer green beans for eating. Wax beans don't sound appetizing. This is the Interrogation Chamber.
But what kind of beans do you like in your bean soup?
I like red beans personally.

I just loaded the poll, looks like I get to square off with Russ afterall. :workit:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Spacedaisy »

I have in no way caught up. I decided to cast a vote for a couple people for self voted. When I looked at who self voted there were three, so then I looked at who they voted for other than themselves and I found that of the three Bullz only voted for himself. Therefore I voted for the two guys who self voted and yet still voted for someone else too.

Voted bwt and Bass.

Sorry for being such suck, but I am nearly done moving most of my crap and Psych just ended. So it will get better here.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I don't think I've ever seen so many people viewing a thread before :haha:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I went for russti and timmer. Primary reason, to get MM and dom less likely on the block. Secondary reason, trust the place where both MP and JJ put their vote (which may or may not be foolish but they feel town to me right now).
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Spacedaisy wrote:I have in no way caught up. I decided to cast a vote for a couple people for self voted. When I looked at who self voted there were three, so then I looked at who they voted for other than themselves and I found that of the three Bullz only voted for himself. Therefore I voted for the two guys who self voted and yet still voted for someone else too.

Voted bwt and Bass.

Sorry for being such suck, but I am nearly done moving most of my crap and Psych just ended. So it will get better here.
If this was your logic, I would have expected to see you put a vote on timmer, who didn't even vote for himself. Why not?
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Quin wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:I have in no way caught up. I decided to cast a vote for a couple people for self voted. When I looked at who self voted there were three, so then I looked at who they voted for other than themselves and I found that of the three Bullz only voted for himself. Therefore I voted for the two guys who self voted and yet still voted for someone else too.

Voted bwt and Bass.

If this was your logic, I would have expected to see you put a vote on timmer, who didn't even vote for himself. Why not?
This is expected you voted for those who self-voted because they were voting randomly. This point is moot if it's not where you were coming from.
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Alright, here's another random observation I thought of: nutella is reminding me of myself when I'm bad. I appreciate her contributions, but they've been devoid of actual substance and too go-with-the-flowy. See the below post:
nutella wrote:Top candidates for my votes are MM, Dom, and maybe Russ or Bubbles. MM is looking more and more suspicious to me, I already bought JJJ's case and now all of MM's responses are rather disturbingly cavalier and many of his recent posts I have found suspicious in and of themselves. Earlier I said I didn't like either Dom's or Bubbles' votes; I'm pretty convinced that Bubbles is being her usual self but that doesn't preclude her being bad. Dom is just being incredibly annoying and not really providing sufficient content imo due to his obnoxious posting gimmick, and I am still perplexed by his voting behavior. And I'm keeping Russ on my list as well, since he hasn't given me a great impression overall, and I look forward to seeing what he has to contribute today.

Speaking of contributing, there are numerous players I would love to hear more from. INH, Niju, Bullz, Dunny, Timmer... where you at?
MM, Dom, and Russ are the 'hot button' candidates right now, and Bubbles is a semi-hot one. That's not particularly inspiring in and of itself, but then check out the orange stuff.

So what's wrong with the orange stuff?
1) Very strong, assertive language, like "pretty convinced", "incredibly annoying", "disturbingly cavalier", "more and more suspicious", especially given a lack of substantive reasons for those strong opinions.
2) The fact that she is OK voting for Dom because he is "just being incredibly annoying".
3) The fact that she is OK voting for Russ for such a vague reason.
4) The fact that she is OK voting for Bubbles for, again, essentially a non-reason.

nutella, please elaborate. I'm concerned. I don't understand what makes your views of these players any more alarming than most of the rest of the players in the game, considering that none of their behavior also fits your descriptions for voting those three candidates (like 'precludes from being bad', 'usual self', 'not really providing sufficient content', etc.

A few questions for you as well:
1) What other posters in the game have provided more sufficient content than Dom?
2) What content can you find in Dom's posts? Because I can find some, even if it isn't strongly supported. Let's compare.
3) Which posts of MM's are "suspicious in and of themselves" and why?

Oh, and that that yellow stuff? That's the kicker to what's reminding me of myself when bad. I love throwing out those lines.

Furthermore, and again we're on meta here, nutella has a VERY strong and consistent meta phenomenon. She is always incredibly unsure of herself when she's civilian. See Bullets Over Broadway. She's conducting herself with confidence and incredibly strong language and assertive statements without wavering. That's not only suspicious at face value because she provides no substantive backing for those statements and is piggybacking onto the three people with the most heat going into this phase, but additional cause for concern from a meta level.

I'd call nutella moderately suspicious and more worthy of a lynch than Dom, MM, and Russ easily. Again, feels like a pretty d1-ish case, but I think there's some real potential here even if it's far from a slam dunk. What do you folks think? What's agreeable or disagreeable in my assessment?
okay, I obviously don't have enough time to respond to all of this, but you're on the wrong track here. I'm civ and although I'm trying to not be as uncertain/wishy-washy as I often get in trouble for, I have been mostly piggybacking on other people's (mostly JJJ's) ideas and as usual my opinions often change while reading everyone else's posts. So my suspicions have been somewhat strong but usually based on other people's cases, and I can be fairly easily swayed to a different line of thinking.
I would elaborate on my thoughts on Dom and MM if I had time but I really do not right now, will have to get back to that tomorrow.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Gone with Dom and Sorsha...

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 110
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Metalmarsh and sig
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 57
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Ack. No where even close to caught up and don't want to make an uninformed vote. I also don't want to miss a vote. I'm voting me and Leetic, who also is one of the players who only has 1 post. Chosen from amongst the one post players based on proximity to my name alphabetically/on the who posted link. I'll try to get up to present this night phase.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:MP I often use meta as a tool when hunting Mafia and trust my own ability to see when players are sticking to or manipulating the perception of their own meta. I also think the vast majority of players have poor grasp of how it works in execution so I usually don't like it being used by others when I see it.

Also it is interesting that Jimmy decided to sit on his hands. He he knows and has documented me as a meta player in his lists. He could have at least stated an opinion on the subject but chose to wait. Why Jimmy?
Basic strategy. When a player gets hit with a case, I don't think it's ideal for that player to be defended until after he/she has spoken for him/herself. I have no idea what you might say and I'd prefer to let that happen; it can help to substantiate a read ideally.

I agree with you. I think meta is a significant part of your play and it always has been.

Mac is right when he references my RYM lists. This is what I have documented as Mac's strengths (it's way outdated now, but this basic point is probably still valid:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote ages ago on RYM wrote:Strengths: Mac is one of the premier players on RYM when it comes to metagaming. This has been an oft-crticized means of acquiring suspects, but Mac's play is essentially all the evidence I need to feel differently. He has a very thorough perception of pretty much all the frequent players, and he knows what to expect from them in various scenarios. I am also a big fan of his aggressive style, because regardless of his alignment it is always a sure means of producing content in the game thread. People are provoked by him, and they cannot resist (should not resist) the instinct to respond to his accusations or his theories. Especially early in the game, Mac often is the game, in that his influence creates most of what everyone else attempts to scrutinize. In my opinion, that is the definition of productive town play. He has clearly become very proficient at using this to his advantage as scum too. He is one of the most difficult players on RYM to lynch, both because of his perceived value as a townie, and his ability to coerce the town to fear him (or the prospect of lynching him) when he is anti-town. He often makes bold gambles as scum, and they often work.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

All-time self-voting record is getting shattered in this game.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 3

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Goin Russ + Timmer
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Voted for MM and Timmer, still 40-50 posts behind
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 47

Post by Boomslang »

Yeah, site has been a bit wonky for me as well in recent minutes. Following up my previous vote for MM and casting a shot at Jan to hopefully bring more attention for tomorrow.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Boomslang wrote:Yeah, site has been a bit wonky for me as well in recent minutes. Following up my previous vote for MM and casting a shot at Jan to hopefully bring more attention for tomorrow.
Me too, but I thought it was just my internet connection again.
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:All-time self-voting record is getting shattered in this game.
And I'm not even self-voting. :mafia:

I'll take Dom and Russtifinko for $600.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:Goin Russ + Timmer
Hi there.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”