Total votes: 15
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 160
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Phenon Mafia: ENDGAME - Snuffed

Post by sprityo »

PHENON MAFIA

Hello Syndicate, I am so very excited to finally bring you my finest, most diabolical setup i could imagine. A grand thank you to SpaceDaisy for discussing with me on how to make this setup the most fun it can be for the community, while still having a good proportion of the original idea in there. The following are some guarantees as well as mechanics to expect in game:

SETUP Guarantees

-This game is a CLOSED SETUP.
-Roles will always be revealed upon death.
-Mafia have the ability to kill every night.
-The Mafia will be given BTSC at all times unless they are dead.
-The game will have a Day 0/Pregame for players to check in, etc.
-Mafia will have the option to select who will be what role during the Pregame. In other words, they are not assigned a role by the host.
-Anyone on the mafia team may perform the Nightly Mafia Kill.
-No Jesters, Cults, Alignment changing, Mod Bastardry, Obliterators, or BTSC spying
-Win conditions may be revoked from players at the host’s discretion. Typically based upon participation.
-This setup has an original story, and you are all the actors, with everyone having their own unique character and backstory to said character.
-As said above, based on who is killed, will affect the flavor for each day/night cycle.
-The thread WILL BE LOCKED during night time.
-The Day/Night cycle is 48 Hour Days and 24 Hour Nights.
-This setup is a Clusterfuck.
-If a player has been AFK for 48 hours, they will receive a PM to see if they’re still there. The option to replace a player is available after 72 hours of no participation. The player will be marked in the OP as being able to be “Replacement Killed.”
-When a player is marked to be “Replacement Killed,” the Replacement must contact a host and ask to replace in for that specific player. Once approved, the Replacement simply types “Replacement Kill: [player]” in Bold to be officially in. (this saves the hosts time from having to announce your entrance.
-There will be a travel system (see below).
-Day activations, such as guns, will be made PUBLICLY, IN THREAD. Your PM’s will tell you if and when you have such.
-When a Day activations are made, DO NOT POST UNTIL A HOST HAS COME TO RESOLVE THE MATTER
-Awards will be given out by me the Host, to players based on in game actions at endgame.
-Upon Death, you will be given options on what you are allowed to do. Some people may have the option the replace BACK IN if certain conditions are met.
-All night actions and roles will be revealed upon Game End.

VOTING

-votes are changeable, however, I ask that you bold and color them in thread (ex: "Lynch: Sprityo") so that I may keep an official track of them. This ties in with locking the thread/not posting as soon as a hammer vote has been made. Possibly, to remedy this, we just have someone screenshot when they vote and it meets hammer? In any case I'll more than likely leave it to community etiquette to wait for a host if a hammer vote has been reached.

I will also post the results in thread every so often so that you know what I am counting.

Voting will work as such: there is a soft lynch that must be met for a player to be lynched otherwise a lynch doesn't go through. It is a majority 1/4 of the votes needed to soft lynch. The hard lynch is a majority 1/2 vote that ends the day immediately. This value rounds up as well.

For a visual example, day 1 with 21 people requires 12 to hard lynch and 6 to soft lynch.

GENERAL RULES

-Here are some general rules I shamelessly stole from my past self who stole it from someone over at CPI Forums:

1. Massclaims (Large numbers of players revealing their roles at once) is highly unadvised. Such claims will likely not help. It more so reduces chances of win for your faction.
2. Flavorclaiming will not save you and is also discouraged because meta.
3. All Player to Host communication regarding questions about the game, actions, etc should be done through Private Messaging.
4. Don't copy/paste information given by a Host. This is similar to role claiming.
5. Keep game-sensitive details inside the game.
6. Do Not edit or delete posts.
7. Death will grant you one spoilered "bluh" post, which may not contain game-relevant information.
8. Faking day activations is strictly forbidden and punishable by Host kill.
9. Refrain from ciphering or concealing posts. This includes writing in the same color as the background.
10. Please, this is a game. Take it easy, play to have fun, but play to win! We all want to have fun. Remember that.
11. Guarantees: This setup involves no cults, jesters, obliterators, BTSC spying, mod bastardry, alignment-changing, or game-ending third party win conditions.
12. Additionally to rule 15, if you are ever feeling overly flustered, frustrated, upset, etc. It is recommended that you close the window and take a break. (Ex. take a shower. get some water. get some fresh air) It's no fun to anyone when tensions are high and people get generally upset and end up making the wrong choice.

TRAVEL SYSTEM:

I really liked the idea that was put forth in Star Wars mafia, so i’ll be doing something similar. This game will have Seven Areas, with the starting area being eight, but you may not return to the starting area. During the Pregame, players will Poll on who will receive a Gift. Every Area has a Gift that will only be revealed to the player with the most votes for it by the end of the night. The gifts may be an item, or an action, or a win condition. It’s a mystery, for you all at least ;). On top of the items, everywhere that is traveled, has only a limited number of options to travel to next.To help start the game off, I will give everyone a hint and tell you that the First item is a Map. What exactly is on the Map, i dont know. You may only collect one gift per Area.

-items will be voted on via PM sent to the host

The Story

Below in the spoiler is the original flavor:
Spoiler: show
sprityo wrote: The sun blazed over the desert town of Warbonville, some Lifelurkers shuffle out of a two story office across the street from the train station. Some of the infected are lying in the streets from the previous night, most dead. Some crippled beyond ever moving again, just left there to claw at the air and groan horrid noises. One of the Lifelurkers, a medium height man carefully carried a suit case in both hands as he walked, another one, a lady wipes her hands on her dirtied apron. The seeming leader of the small group of survivors totes a shotgun over his should and a machete on his belt. "The train should be arrivin' anytime now folks. Just be patient." A different woman, a younger one, comes over to the leader and talks to him. "Are you sure, Sm- I mean Springer? It's been three weeks, how could anyone have a working train?" The man called 'Springer' looks to her and replies, "There's a whole lotta stuff that you can find with the right contacts and a little bit of luck." He gives her a smile and chuckles. As if on queue, a train whistle is heard and a plume of black smoke is becoming visible as it approaches. Springer coughs and begins to talk, "Grab your stuff everyone, next stop....safety."

~~~~~~~~~~~~Elsewhere

The door to the kitchen area is kicked open. Three men rush in carrying a fourth, seriously covered in wounds. A distressed woman follows them in. The men sweep off the nearest counter and place the injured one on it. The woman begins to ask hysterically, "is he gonna be alright?! Please tell me he is!" Blood is spilling everywhere. A younger boy runs into the room and brings the woman back to the other rail car. The oldest appearing of the three runs his hand through his silvering hair. "Thank god she is gone. Was making it more stressful than it already is." The injured one fell quiet. "Oh nonononono, not today bub!" He turns to his right. "You, fetch some knives and make sure theyre clean. And you," he turns to the other man, "I need bandages and rags, and anything to help stop the bleeding." The two taking orders shake their head and go off to do their given jobs. Meanwhile, the supposed "doctor" consults the blood covered person in front of him. "Jesus.....Hey, hey pal. What's your name?"

In the connecting car, the rest of the occupants are chatting, not loudly, everyone was a bit shaken up still. Some people took to petting a dog that someone had managed to bring along on the trip to calm themselves down. The desert had been rolling bye for what felt like hours now. Most of the people however kept positive, as the promise of a safe haven at the end of the line brought them immense hope. The would-be operator of the train comes in from the opposing end of the lounge room. "Alright everybody, we are stopping in Warbonville for any last second refugees. This is our last planned stop for the rest of the trip, so stay patient." He gives a warm smile, and walks back to where he came.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The train stops and the crew of Lifelurkers hop onto the train, eager to leave the dusty ghost town. The new arrivals scatter in to the crowd of people and chairs to an open seat. Some partake in chatting with the others while others simply lay their head down and sleep, since that there was nothing to fear now that they were on this train.

In the corner of the room, a man of about the age of thirty five sits with his hands in the pockets of an old yellow hoodie he had found. If his informants were correct, then this was the place he needed to be. Maybe he could stop HIM once and for all..

The conductor returns to his post at the front of the train. He actually never got to own his own train, he had only worked part time at a depot to help pay the bills. Upon entering the car, he spotted someone standing in front of the coal burning furnace, a dirty business suit adorning him. "Can I help you sir?" the conductor asks. The business man turns around with a warm smile on his face that would make you trust him, if not for the eyepatch over his left eye. "Yes, I was wondering how you work the furnace?"
"Well it's simple really," he walks over to the man. "You just take this here shovel, and scoop it in when it's needed."
"Hmm, okay. Mind if I try?"
"By all means sure!" He hands the shovel to the business man.
"Thank you my good sir. You know, I always wanted an important job like driving a train."
"Oh really, and what stopped you from having such an important job?"
"Well you see...." The man began to talk. Suddenly he smacks the train operator in the face with the shovel, knocking him down. He continues to bash in the face of the man until the shovel is stained red. The business man then nudges the body with his foot until he was able to push it off the train and watches it fall onto the rails, never to be seen again."-I had a change of plans."

~~~~~~Elsewhere

At the back of the train, a greying man with tan skin sits at the caboose, veiwing the passing desert from the back. The back of the train was surprisingly nice and quiet, at least from the talking. Only nature and the sound of metal on metal moving across the country was heard. He began to get up when he saw a large object zoom by on the rails. He pulls out a small pair of binoculars from his jacket pocket and peers at the object, red and dusty in the distance now. "Oh no," he says to himself. The old man hurries back inside to the main car. He had to warn the others.
I hope you enjoyed that opening scene. I actually spent time trying to make it long and flavorful.

The Town are the Passengers and the Mafia are the HIVE

Also a huge thanks to Epignosis for helping me Co-Host as well as the Syndicate community as a whole for allowing me to host this after a grueling two years of me waiting to host it :D

So who's in?

Live list: 7/21
1. insertnamehere Lynched Day 3 - Dr. Feni "Cashkid" Cash: 3rd Party Angel
2. sig Lynched Day 1 - Valerie Winstock: Leeroy
3. JJJ Killed Day 7 - Lucas DePhan: 3-Shot Tracker
4. MetalMarsh89 Lynched Day 2 - Robert Crawford: Mafia Busdriver
5. Soneji Lynched Day 4 - Ray Farmwell: Mafia Gunsmith
6. Quin Died Day 5 - Roy Hardwell: Mafia Doctor ( Revealed in Post Game Town Odd Night Doctor )
7. LongCon Lynched Day 5 - Rex: Mafia Power Killer
8. JackofHearts Shot Day 4 - Remington Tarvaw: Anti-Marker
9. Silver Lantern Died Night 2 - Springer "Smoke" Wrighton: Town Janitor
10. DrWilgy Died N1 - ????? ( Revealed in Post Game Germain Xander - Mortician )
11. Golden Died Day 5 - Amy Gilligan: Mafia Watcher
12. Sorsha Replaced by Sloonei Died Night 4 - Alice Kim: Bodyguard
13. Speedchuck Lynched Day 7 - Max Bardindes: 3rd Party Arsonist
14. NutellaDied Night 3 - Cara O'Niel: One-Shot Public Cop
15. Scotty Died Night 5 - Mike Dini: Stump
16. Elohcin Replaced by ***MovingPicures07 Survived - Grace Cabernackle: Town Busdriver
17. DFaraday Replaced by juliets Survived - Steve Werner: Backup Doctor
18. Dyslexicon Killed Day 7 - Terry Salloway: 2-Shot Blacksmith
19. Fredwood Lynched Day 6 - Fernando De La Garza: Mafia Forger
20. Strawhenge Survived - Hunter Martin: Revenge Killer
21. Nachomamma Died N1 - "Audible Reach" - Scientist

*** = Replaceable

Replacements: /???

Phenon Spreadsheet
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Re: Phenon Mafia: Day 0 - Out of the Frying Pan

Post by sprityo »

Extras/Announcements

Below, you will find any admin notes of importance as well as links to events such as phase posts and activation posts.

Day 0:
-Friendy Reminder that Day 0 is not an actual day and is soley meant for confirmation of presence. You all will have your roles sent out as well. If you have no recieved a role, please PM me.

-BE SURE TO SEND IN YOUR VOTE FOR WHO RECIEVES THE MAP!!!

-ive realized that google docs is not the best at checking my grammar and spelling, so im combing through the posts for discrepancies.

sprityo wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:Okay, some questions about the voting process.
-votes are changeable, however, I ask that you bold and color them (ex: "Lynch: Sprityo") so that I may keep an official track of them. This ties in with locking the thread/not posting as soon as a hammer vote has been made. Possibly, to remedy this, we just have someone screenshot when they vote and it meets hammer? In any case I'll more than likely leave it to community etiquette to wait for a host if a hammer vote has been reached.

I will also post the results in thread every so often so that you know what I am counting.

Voting will work as such: there is a soft lynch that must be met for a player to be lynched otherwise a lynch doesn't go through. It is a majority 1/4 of the votes needed to soft lynch. The hard lynch is a majority 1/2 vote that ends the day immediately. This value rounds up as well.

For a visual example, day 1 with 21 people requires 12 to hard lynch and 6 to soft lynch.

So, if more than half the players vote for a person, the day instantly ends? Yes Ignoring end times, and changeable votes, and possible manipulation? yes What about the unlikely event of the highest vote getter not getting 1/4th of the players, and therefore not qualifying as a soft lynch? Is no one lynched then? yes

What is a hammer vote? the hard lynch requirement. hammer vote is the vote that ends the day since it activates the requirements for the hard lynch

Day 1

-The polls have changed. They now reflect where the train will travel to the next day.

-I will put out Vote totals about a couple times every 24 hours, but feel free to put an "unofficial count" post out for yourself if you want a visual representation

-It's come to my attention that i should clarify on the day/night cycles and the polls for each. So day 0 had you all voting for who would receive the Map, now the Day polls will be where you are going and the night polls are who will receive items. Reminder that there is NO communication at night besides any BTSC. So take that into account during today's discussions

Night 1
Day 2
Night 2
Day 3
Night 3
Day 4

Day 4 Event
Night 4*
Day 5*
Day 5 Event - Trial By Death
Night 5*
Day 6
Night 6
Day 7

Day 7 Event - Sickening
ENDGAME

*Missing Flavor
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

DAY 0 - Out of the Frying Pan

Eugene Gamma is sitting in Car No. 2, the one with the bar, albeit mostly empty, it carried a few basic alcoholic beverages. Eugene unlike the rest of the survivors on the train, is a man of notoriety. Specifically, he benefits off the civil war and constant feuds of the many factions spread across the former United States of America. But that was more so an opinion of the vault dwellers. Four of the seven vaults from each continent have been breached by raiders and mutants alike. The four being Europe, Africa, Asia, South America, leaving North America, Australia, and Antarctica untouched. At least until now. Word has it that the secret organization, known only as The Federation is in control of it. Eugene came to know of them shortly after The Cleanser went off about a hundred miles northeast of Ridgecrest, California, destroying much of Cali and the surrounding states near that western border. Whispers among his contacts in the remainders of H.I.V.E. is that the North American vault had been found by The Federation and that they were willing to consult with him about a trade agreement, of sorts, for it’s location. Eugene Gamma is world renown for his technology that his company, Gamma Corp. provides the public, so striking a deal with The Federation wasn’t too difficult. Albeit, he might lose a few key customers in this process, he’ll ultimately be helping more people and making a profit.

Eugene passes his hand through his thinning grey hair. Of course the ultimate prize would be if he can find the ARM, the last device the esteemed director of the H.I.V.E. Corporation invented before his untimely demise in the midst of testing it. The ARM was said to reverse time itself, allowing the user to become younger, and therefore live longer. Rumor also has it that it too is tucked away in a vault. In all the haste that The Cleanser created, the chance of it being in the North American vault was high. The conductor of the train walks by him, looking oddly cleaner than usual. Then again, Eugene doesn’t have time to ponder over how often a filthy conductor washes himself, even if he is paying the man a considerable amount of money and supplies to comply with the plan that the agreement put forth by The Federation called for. As he watches the conductor opens the door to enter Car No. 3, a simple passenger car, he notices an older man barge in from the opposing side and start waving his hands about in a frantic manner.
“Well….It seems the party has started then,” the mogul tells himself.

------------------------------------------------

In Car No.3 confusion and noise is abundant. Something about a murder? Surely it was just an accident, someone says. Everyone is slowly gathering into the room. Others are complaining that they should’ve just stayed and never boarded the train in the first place. An older man, presumably in his 50’s enters the room and gathers looks quickly. His face was lightly tanned and he had wrinkle lines around his eyes that were noticeable from across the carriage. He wore a white dress shirt and black and grey checkered vest. He had his mouth open in a half smile, and his hands clasped together in front of him waiting for the noise to completely die down so that he could speak.
“Ladies and gentleman, I do hope there is no problem here?” Eugene says.
“Yeah! There’s a huge problem!” another older man shouts out to him, spit flying from the force of his words. “There’s a murderer amongst us!”

At this point the room has all passengers in it. The air is tense as the vested man thought of what to say. Eugene knew the next step of course, adding dramatic pausing for his own amusement.
“We’re all civil people here yes? Or well…. Most of us are mostly civil.” Eugene Gamma pull outs a pocket watch from his pocket and observes it.
“Let’s act like reasonable people and ask everyone their where abouts during the past few hours, and act accordingly on how they should be treated. Personally, I propose….” He removes a 9mm pistol from an ankle holster underneath the pant leg of his dress pants. “Trial by Execution.”

Eugene Gamma twirls the handgun in his hands, “But of course you are all not me, and henceforth, I will not be taking part in this matter, as your gracious host of the train. And if I missed the chance to say hello, I would like to formally welcome you to Gamma Railways.”
Some people immediately recognize who they are dealing with and stare with a bit more malice now. “Oh, and once you’ve decided who you trust the most, among your new ‘friends,’ send them to me for a Map. We have a few more stops to make, in no particular order of course.”

With that he exits the room, leaving the twenty-one passengers in the car to themselves.

LIVELIST (21/21):
1. insertnamehere
2. sig
3. JJJ
4. MM
5. Soneji
6. Quin
7. LongCon
8. JackofHearts
9. Silver Lantern
10. DrWilgy
11. Golden
12. Sorsha
13. Speedchuck
14. Nutella
15. Scotty
16. Eloh
17. DFaraday
18. Dyslexicon
19. Fredwood
20. Strawhenge
21.Nachomamma8
Day 1 Starts at 10pm, the night after we hit about 80% confirmed players February 11th, 2017. Please PM Sprityo with your choice for who will recieve the Map!

(ill put a real date of course once it gets to that point)
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 10

Post by sig »

FIrst (assuming this is open and I didn't goof if I did I'm not first) :P
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 555

Post by Quin »

this thread title is appropriate because i am entering a heatwave
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

sig wrote:FIrst (assuming this is open and I didn't goof if I did I'm not first) :P
:clap:

edit: oh look, the Day 0 Flavor :0

i hope you enjoy it!
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 10

Post by sig »

sprityo wrote:
sig wrote:FIrst (assuming this is open and I didn't goof if I did I'm not first) :P
:clap:

edit: oh look, the Day 0 Flavor :0

i hope you enjoy it!
oh yeah. :keys:
First I mess up the title then I mess up the host, whats next? :p
Quin wrote:this thread title is appropriate because i am entering a heatwave

Give it to me, its so cold here.
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 83

Post by insertnamehere »

present and accounted for
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

so who wants the map
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 344

Post by Golden »

A map sounds useful. It's my kind of item.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

ImageImageImageImage
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 213

Post by Fredwood »

5th...Multi-pass

Hello, Thanks for coming.
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Strawhenge »

Oh hey. Thus begins paranoia. I remember this feeling. :')
Literally just some fucking guy.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Golden wrote:A map sounds useful. It's my kind of item.
Well we better see some trustworthy behavior then. :beer:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Strawhenge wrote:
Golden wrote:A map sounds useful. It's my kind of item.
Well we better see some trustworthy behavior then. :beer:
Meh. Trustworthy behaviour is overrated. I tend to be at my most trustworthy when I'm bad :p

I do think there is benefit in talking about and trying to come to a sort of consensus, because surely the baddies can all pick and vote for a single one of themselves?
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

That's true. So we should be wary of such voting patterns.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Strawhenge wrote:That's true. So we should be wary of such voting patterns.
Its by pm isn't it? Should we all declare our votes in the thread? Or are there better ways.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 733
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'll take the map. Y'all know I'll do the most work I can, as is applicable at least for this mechanic. My time is more limited than usual, but if you shoulder me with responsibility I'm sure you'll trigger my highest motivation. :rolleyes:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

The flip side is it could paint targets.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

It's my first game, I deserve a map. It was rather difficult to sign up and meet new people.
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Give me the map. My birthday is soon.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

It's jays kind of item too
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'll take the map. Y'all know I'll do the most work I can, as is applicable at least for this mechanic. My time is more limited than usual, but if you shoulder me with responsibility I'm sure you'll trigger my highest motivation. :rolleyes:
I don't think I could handle your highest motivation.
ImageImageImageImage
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

I have no idea what the poll was for, hopefully I didn't screw anything up. Or is that not related to this game in anyway?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm open to other map requests, but I want to know how y'all intend to forge a civilian victory in this game if you are entrusted with it.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Fredwood wrote:I have no idea what the poll was for, hopefully I didn't screw anything up. Or is that not related to this game in anyway?
Day 0 polls are sometimes. In this game I'd wager they might be, just because a fucking mess of mechanics and secrets is a host guarantee.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'll take the map. Y'all know I'll do the most work I can, as is applicable at least for this mechanic. My time is more limited than usual, but if you shoulder me with responsibility I'm sure you'll trigger my highest motivation. :rolleyes:
I don't think I could handle your highest motivation.
I can't either. Talking Heads broke me for months.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'm open to other map requests, but I want to know how y'all intend to forge a civilian victory in this game if you are entrusted with it.
I'll lead lynches on the unanimous civ-reads and make a fool of myself.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

It's going to be super hot where I live over the next couple of days, so I can only expect my activity to be sub par. I generally do slack as far as mafia goes when it's hot, but I figured I'd actually make a point of it here.
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 104
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Oh boy a fresh hot new game!

The map thing kinda reminds me of selecting prefects, in that it kinda feels almost like some kind of popularity/trust contest between the enthusiastic players who nominate themselves, and it feels dangerous to put that trust in someone who asks for it but... idk, anyone who played that game should remember that whole can of worms. But it would be best to eventually form some kind of consensus, we just have to hope we don't pick the wrong nominee. :shrug:

As for the poll I don't know what the context or consequences may be but I think scientist is the coolest out of those :nicenod:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 321

Post by speedchuck »

On that note, I'm generally more active on weekdays, so :shrug2:

Map should go to Quin. He has a plan.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

nutella wrote:Oh boy a fresh hot new game!

The map thing kinda reminds me of selecting prefects, in that it kinda feels almost like some kind of popularity/trust contest between the enthusiastic players who nominate themselves, and it feels dangerous to put that trust in someone who asks for it but... idk, anyone who played that game should remember that whole can of worms. But it would be best to eventually form some kind of consensus, we just have to hope we don't pick the wrong nominee. :shrug:

As for the poll I don't know what the context or consequences may be but I think scientist is the coolest out of those :nicenod:
I voted Rebel because I'm still a Star Wars fanboy at heart, plus I wasn't really thinking when I voted just kind of did it then regretted it because of ignorance.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

speedchuck wrote:On that note, I'm generally more active on weekdays, so :shrug2:

Map should go to Quin. He has a plan.
This guy is a civ.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'm open to other map requests, but I want to know how y'all intend to forge a civilian victory in this game if you are entrusted with it.
Town read.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:
Town read.
If that's what it takes for you to give me the map.
ImageImageImageImage
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Damn it, I didn't realize that the map votes are by pm.

So far we only have two non-self-nominations for getting the map. Golden for Jay, speedchuck for Quin, and I'm already wary of both of them. But this is Day 0; I'm wary of everything.

My kneejerk is to say that Jay should have the map, because if he's town, I trust him to make good use of it. But that's kneejerk.

I can honestly say that I will likely only be able to get on once a day this weekend, so I shouldn't get the map. Not if I infer correctly that having it would require me to be on more than possible. (Again, that's only for this weekend, I'll be on more after that.)
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Strawhenge wrote:Damn it, I didn't realize that the map votes are by pm.

So far we only have two non-self-nominations for getting the map. Golden for Jay, speedchuck for Quin, and I'm already wary of both of them. But this is Day 0; I'm wary of everything.

My kneejerk is to say that Jay should have the map, because if he's town, I trust him to make good use of it. But that's kneejerk.

I can honestly say that I will likely only be able to get on once a day this weekend, so I shouldn't get the map. Not if I infer correctly that having it would require me to be on more than possible. (Again, that's only for this weekend, I'll be on more after that.)
You misunderstood. I wasn't nominating jay. Id prefer to have it myself.
Scotty
Jeff
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

I'm here, and ready to party.

Also voting for JJJ to receive the Map. He hasn't been bad in forever so what are the odds he's bad now? :grin:
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 200
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Hello, all. I should have the map, and here's why: I always get lots of suspicion. So, the baddies will think twice about nightkilling me just because I have the map. Give it to one of these Civ-as-can-be dudes, and they are D-E-A-D. :noble: I will care for the map.

Also, I'm going to bed now, and leaving tomorrow morning with my son for a Beavers camping thing. All day Saturday, come home Sunday morning. I will have internet access on my phone, and will try to check in, but it's supposed to be about some sort of "time with my son" or "bonding" or some crap... so I won't be Mr Prolific. :srsnod:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote:Give it to one of these Civ-as-can-be dudes, and they are D-E-A-D.
Is that a threat?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 125
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I like maps.

I also like rebels.

Also, mutants and survivory are not professions.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote:I'm here, and ready to party.

Also voting for JJJ to receive the Map. He hasn't been bad in forever so what are the odds he's bad now? :grin:
While it's true that I've rarely been bad on The Syndicate, the last example (from about 8-9 months ago) featured evil JJJ versus good Scotty. You're not one I'd expect to express this argument, even if it's transparently fallacious. I welcome your vote and I ask you to defend it again.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I voted for scientist, because that's the coolest of all the cool professions.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

nutella wrote:Oh boy a fresh hot new game!

The more I think about it, the more I think people should just go with their gut and not declare it. It does potentially put a target on a person's back.

Also, I don't remember what game the prefect thing was now, and what actually happened with that?

I'm assuming in this game there will be more items (based on the way the PM was written) and so there will be opportunities to spread them out a bit, hopefully.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The prefect game was ROTTK. Three prefects were named in a very large group (I think approaching 30). The prefects were:

Scotty
INH
Me

Scotty and I were civilians. INH was bad. I was killed early. Scotty was killed late. INH was lynched semi-late.

I don't think I was killed because I was a prefect. I was killed because my reads were solidly on the Nanman Mafia team and I was annihilating them. No hubris intended. I don't care about target painting at all and welcome the map without concern for that. If nothing else, we end up telling the Mafia who they're killing and they lose command of their most fundamental weapon.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I votes Survivor, for reasons that are probably obvious.

Jay's on the warpath. It's 'king of fuck mountain', abrasive Jay. I think that's a good sign.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I like nutella and Strawhenge already.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Fredwood wrote:It's my first game, I deserve a map. It was rather difficult to sign up and meet new people.
Fredwood's four posts are only marginally relevant, but I still react positively. This in particular, where he calls for the map, pleases me considering the personality he conveyed in the sign-up thread:
Fredwood wrote:Thanks. Jack and Silver are the only two names I recognize been competing with them from anywhere from 5 to 10 years. I'm not a proper representation of the talent pool, I'm not very good (false humility), going to have to find a way to figure out how games are played here.
If there's any truth to the highlighted portion, I'd anticipate a civilian Fredwood would be a lot more comfortable doing that right off the bat than a mafioso Fredwood in this foreign environment. This read can be qualified with a little insight from those people who have played with Fredwood before -- please tell me what you think of this perspective.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 22

Post by DrWilgy »

Sup
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Fredwood wrote:I have no idea what the poll was for, hopefully I didn't screw anything up. Or is that not related to this game in anyway?

Today's poll is simply for fun

It makes you feel special

Edit: also CEO is the best profession
Banners:
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”