Total votes: 15
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 733
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Phenon Mafia: Day 4 - Too Slow

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Currently leaning scum on Eloh, Fred...do we expect 5 scum? 6? I haven't played another single mafia game on the Syndicate but my understanding is the numbers are a bit more forgivable (protown) than Realms games.
No clue. sprityo's game is not typical of Syndicate structure. The tendencies on his site that I saw seemed to favor a ratio around 7:2 town:scum, but it's all guessing really.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

My brain is telling me to do Marmot interactive analyses and compare notes with Sloonei.

My heart is telling me to do absolutely anything else in the universe.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 555

Post by Quin »

Okay.

The problem I've created for myself is that I came into this Day with information I wanted to share and did it in probably the worst way possible. I'm gonna lay it all out on the table instead because why not :sigh:

nutella should not be dead. I protected her. I protect on odd nights. From that I've concluded either I was role blocked, or the killer has a strongman role.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:Okay.

The problem I've created for myself is that I came into this Day with information I wanted to share and did it in probably the worst way possible. I'm gonna lay it all out on the table instead because why not :sigh:

nutella should not be dead. I protected her. I protect on odd nights. From that I've concluded either I was role blocked, or the killer has a strongman role.
That's funny. I tracked you and you targeted someone else.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Golden wrote:OK, I may as well say my thought on Quin's entry now.

It seems to me unlikely that Quin genuinely thinks that nutellas is an every day cop, kills nutella, and then proclaims that he thought nutella was an every day cop. I guess Jay's response was, effectively, the wifom - that I'm saying what I'm saying now. But my immediate thought when Quin said 'I thought nutella was an every day cop' was 'motive' - and if a motive is that transparent, it just seems unlikely that he would be so open about it.

Add to that, this quote is ridiculous. And blatant. If it comes from a baddie it is ballsy.
Quin wrote:I would personally recommend you just move on from this conversation, though.
These things look town to me.
I might agree for the majority of non-Quin people. I don't think he has to be evil based upon this stuff, but I won't remove him from candidacy for it either. The quote you reference is also very similar to one I made earlier in the game directed at Quin. "We're done here." People observe and adapt.

I want to see him hunt. That's where my read will develop.
You overestimate my ability as a baddie. In Mad Max, I subbed in to the best circumstances you could sub into. I had a teammate who was basically screaming lynch target and I got to start my Day 1 on Day 3.

I mean, I joke about my ability a lot, I really, really suck at mafia, dude.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck me
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Well you're going to need to just come clean then. Out with it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Well you're going to need to just come clean then. Out with it.
I just did. I'm not lying.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:I just did. I'm not lying.
Cool, I dig.

I didn't track you.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:I just did. I'm not lying.
Cool, I dig.

I didn't track you.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin's claim has some impact upon my read on JOH (in the negative direction) for a reason I'll keep stowed for the moment.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin, did you enjoy any unique benefits or hindrances on Night 1? A yes or no is fine, I don't need details.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

"enjoy hindrances"

good sentence, JJJ

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 213

Post by Fredwood »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
This aside, what do you think of our nigh silent host?

Sonjei, Eloh, Straw and to an extent, LC, Juliets, Fred and Scotty don't have nearly as much content as the top posters. What do you make of them?

Currently leaning scum on Eloh, Fred...do we expect 5 scum? 6? I haven't played another single mafia game on the Syndicate but my understanding is the numbers are a bit more forgivable (protown) than Realms games.
This is bullshit...especially coming from you, to even compare me with someone with less then 10 posts is quite unfair let alone 50, particularly when you know my play history. You want to call me out on being suspicious or doing something shady come out and fucking say it, cool. But don't fucking pull that lack of content crap because I haven't posted 400 times, when I probably haven't posted 100 times in my last 2 games combined because I am actually playing the damn thing.
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Quin, did you enjoy any unique benefits or hindrances on Night 1? A yes or no is fine, I don't need details.
No.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Fredwood wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
This aside, what do you think of our nigh silent host?

Sonjei, Eloh, Straw and to an extent, LC, Juliets, Fred and Scotty don't have nearly as much content as the top posters. What do you make of them?

Currently leaning scum on Eloh, Fred...do we expect 5 scum? 6? I haven't played another single mafia game on the Syndicate but my understanding is the numbers are a bit more forgivable (protown) than Realms games.
This is bullshit...especially coming from you, to even compare me with someone with less then 10 posts is quite unfair let alone 50, particularly when you know my play history. You want to call me out on being suspicious or doing something shady come out and fucking say it, cool. But don't fucking pull that lack of content crap because I haven't posted 400 times, when I probably haven't posted 100 times in my last 2 games combined because I am actually playing the damn thing.
Does your irritation also come packaged with suspicion of JOH?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

No, my irritation is independent of my suspicion, my rainbow on him is unchanged. I just feel it is an unfair correlation.
Was I the same as when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I am not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Fredwood wrote:No, my irritation is independent of my suspicion, my rainbow on him is unchanged. I just feel it is an unfair correlation.
So, just to be clear, you currently view JOH as a light suspect?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Quin, did you enjoy any unique benefits or hindrances on Night 1? A yes or no is fine, I don't need details.
No.
Who did you protect?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Fredwood wrote:No, my irritation is independent of my suspicion, my rainbow on him is unchanged. I just feel it is an unfair correlation.
So, just to be clear, you currently view JOH as a light suspect?
Yes, along with Quin and LC
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:
No.
Who did you protect?
Silver Lantern.
ImageImageImageImage
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Though the quin claim is interesting, it at least has me leaning more town on them then the other two.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Fredwood wrote:Though the quin claim is interesting, it at least has me leaning more town on them then the other two.
I was about to ask what your beef with my claim was.

I won't ask Jack. He's made it clear even before that he won't accept whatever fake claim I make.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin makes claim, Jack's lips are zipped.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Quin makes claim, Jack's lips are zipped.
Noticed.
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 270
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

@ this Quin post

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 62#p339062

3/4. Nuh uh. The onus is on you to convince me it was legit after the other people arguing for it were revealed to be lying. It wasn't a matter of did not vote for. It was vote for or vote with or vote elsewhere. You voted with. You're twisting to make it seem like you were neutral on Marmot. You were trying to get me to switch to Dizzy right before Marmot's death. Convince me you weren't trying to save your teammate. Show me the legit part of INH's purposefully bad case.

5a. Sloonei is damn near confirmed town because with 5 minutes left to go and linkis flying, he turned a no lynch into a mafia lynch. It would have been the easiest thing to let the day stall. Or to continue town reading Marmot and vote anywhere else. Do you disagree? You were awfully willing to join him yesterday. Cause it's not about catching scum for you, is it?

5b. Dizzy is damn near confirmed town because of their interactions with Marmot. I really doubt they could be w/w.

6. Wrong how?

7. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 71#p339071

Linki
Quin is doctor? Bullshit. This is why vague power hints do nothing to convince me someone is town. Turns out Quin wasn't hinting at all. Or his power just changes based on whatever he thinks will get others to let him off.

Why on earth would a doctor feel the need to claim in this situation? How does it help the town to know Nut was doctored last night? Yet it would be a great thing for the mafia to know who the doctor is. This is a poor move for a townie to make. Give me grief for supposedly fishing and yet you offer up this information unprovoked?

More like "I bet if I claim doctor, the town will be more hesitant to lynch me.

Linki
Fred, I gotta draw the line somewhere. I chose to draw it where there are not significant strong reads (towards you, not from you). In you aren't equal to Eloh but I put your name in the same bucket. Don't be mad. I still think you're doing a good job.

But I do think you're scum. ;)
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 104
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

:( :( :(

good luck friends <3
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

If I may tinfoil a moment.

What's the possibility that Jack did called me out on participation on purpose to shift off the argument because he essentially was strong-arming a claim out of Quin, when most people understood the underlying context of the conversation you two had.

I guess it's possible that he knew I'd have a negative reaction to his post and would distract long enough for people to forget I guess?

Seems like a leap, but I might as well tinfoil, If just to appease Jack's desperate need of Fred based content.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JJJ analyzes the interaction dynamic of Metalmarsh89 and Soneji on the 22nd of February, 2017

Marmot stuff

He liked one of Soneji's posts but didn't say why. The post involved Soneji arguing with his scum read Silver Lantern. This can be further explored with Marmot's own read on Silver Lantern. Marmot stated no read other than on Day 0 with a frivolous and jokey accusation. This means Marmot essentially deferred to Soneji on the matter of Silver Lantern.

Soneji stuff
Soneji wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:MM, Golden, and 3J all want us to go to a different destination.

Only one of them will benefit the civilians (assuming whoever has the map is a civilian).

That's a problem.
From what the OP says, the areas just give us different items to use, which we still vote on to give to someone. There is likely more to it, else I don't see why a map would be of any real use, though any region can potentially benefit us if we vote for a civilian to get the item. I was starting to think you might be getting a bit paranoid with this whole map business but seeing JJJ, MM and Golden all vote for different directions in the poll lends some weight to your argument.
His only mention of Marmot that I can find is here, in the map dialogue with INH tacked alongside Golden and I. INH's suspicion was more focused upon Golden and I, which would be the argument Soneji is granting any weight to in this context.

~~~

Sloonei's take

Conclusion

There's very little here. I would say this interaction is teammate compatible but not indicative. I think Marmot could believably defer to Soneji on his smearing of an admittedly defensive civilian (Silver Lantern). I would expect Soneji to be more involved with Marmot-relevant dialogue though. I am hesitant to give too much credit for that.

Soneji could look better.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I'll bring up the observation I made the other day again.

Soneji was watching the EoD 2 chaos but never posted. He intentionally sat it out.
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Shouldn't it make you feel I am more suspicious, though, if you think I am being unfair/dishonest?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:5a. Sloonei is damn near confirmed town because with 5 minutes left to go and linkis flying, he turned a no lynch into a mafia lynch. It would have been the easiest thing to let the day stall. Or to continue town reading Marmot and vote anywhere else. Do you disagree? You were awfully willing to join him yesterday. Cause it's not about catching scum for you, is it?
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Do people around here stop caring about progression just because a mafia player got lynched? Is bussing a thing that never happens?

If I read Quin as town and Sloonei as null as of a few pages before the end of yesterday and then Sloonei does a thing that makes me suspect him.

I know I'm town. If you pair me with someone I think is town as w/w suspects, either I or said townie can convince you and I don't have to worry about getting mislynched.

If you pair me with someone I think may be scum as w/w suspects, every scummy thing and an eventual mafia flip from that other guy just increases my chance of getting mislynched.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Please explain why you came into the day wanting to share this information.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:@ this Quin post

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 62#p339062

3/4. Nuh uh. The onus is on you to convince me it was legit after the other people arguing for it were revealed to be lying. It wasn't a matter of did not vote for. It was vote for or vote with or vote elsewhere. You voted with. You're twisting to make it seem like you were neutral on Marmot. You were trying to get me to switch to Dizzy right before Marmot's death. Convince me you weren't trying to save your teammate. Show me the legit part of INH's purposefully bad case.

5a. Sloonei is damn near confirmed town because with 5 minutes left to go and linkis flying, he turned a no lynch into a mafia lynch. It would have been the easiest thing to let the day stall. Or to continue town reading Marmot and vote anywhere else. Do you disagree? You were awfully willing to join him yesterday. Cause it's not about catching scum for you, is it?

5b. Dizzy is damn near confirmed town because of their interactions with Marmot. I really doubt they could be w/w.

6. Wrong how?

7. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 71#p339071

Linki
Quin is doctor? Bullshit. This is why vague power hints do nothing to convince me someone is town. Turns out Quin wasn't hinting at all. Or his power just changes based on whatever he thinks will get others to let him off.

Why on earth would a doctor feel the need to claim in this situation? How does it help the town to know Nut was doctored last night? Yet it would be a great thing for the mafia to know who the doctor is. This is a poor move for a townie to make. Give me grief for supposedly fishing and yet you offer up this information unprovoked?

Linki
Fred, I gotta draw the line somewhere. I chose to draw it where there are not significant strong reads (towards you, not from you). In you aren't equal to Eloh but I put your name in the same bucket. Don't be mad. I still think you're doing a good job.

Literally my first post of the day was a hint.

The doctor feels the need to claim in this situation because he decided he wanted to. I would rather be killed tonight than lynched today. At least you're more likely to get a good lynch out of the deal.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:

Because I wanted to.
ImageImageImageImage
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Linki

But you didn't say that, you said these people have not posted content like us cool kids, then listed off a bunch of sub 50 posters, a few in the 70s and then me...

So either you're correlating suspicion out of inactivity, or you're correlating suspicion out of a similar reads towards me, and still using a low poster as a basis for a comparison point.

There are no reads on Eloh...there are reads on me, they're just not blatant one way or the other. There is a significant difference.
Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Shouldn't it make you feel I am more suspicious, though, if you think I am being unfair/dishonest?
I didn't say dishonest, are you saying you were being dishonest?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Quin is doctor? Bullshit. This is why vague power hints do nothing to convince me someone is town. Turns out Quin wasn't hinting at all. Or his power just changes based on whatever he thinks will get others to let him off.

On Day 1, you read Quin strongly in the direction of town. He may have even been your strongest town read. You targeted him on Night 1. You explicitly claimed not to be a doctor. Quin claims he was not impacted positively or negatively by anything that night. I am trying to determine what you could have been doing to your top town read on Night 1.

You don't have to plainly state what you did. It would be ideal to know who else you've targeted though.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I am somebody that Jack would feel comfortable buddying. We were mason buddies in his first game here and worked together well.
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:5a. Sloonei is damn near confirmed town because with 5 minutes left to go and linkis flying, he turned a no lynch into a mafia lynch. It would have been the easiest thing to let the day stall. Or to continue town reading Marmot and vote anywhere else. Do you disagree? You were awfully willing to join him yesterday. Cause it's not about catching scum for you, is it?
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Do people around here stop caring about progression just because a mafia player got lynched? Is bussing a thing that never happens?

If I read Quin as town and Sloonei as null as of a few pages before the end of yesterday and then Sloonei does a thing that makes me suspect him.

I know I'm town. If you pair me with someone I think is town as w/w suspects, either I or said townie can convince you and I don't have to worry about getting mislynched.

If you pair me with someone I think may be scum as w/w suspects, every scummy thing and an eventual mafia flip from that other guy just increases my chance of getting mislynched.
As previously stated, I was not caught up. I went back several hours prior to lynch to re-evaluate and then got into it with Sloonei before finishing the reread.

My initial Day 3 post regarding Sloonei:
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... ge#p337596

And here is me when I read the full progression:
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 31#p337731

For context, Sloonei was basically like this:
"I think Marmot is town" <-I questioned this post
"I'm starting to question my Marmot read."
"Balls to the wall! Vote Marmot!"
Marmot lynched at the last second.

That's what I get for looking st the top of the iceberg instead of the whole damn thing. Way different story with those extra posts included.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Fredwood wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
You think I'm being unintentionally unfair?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:Quin is doctor? Bullshit. This is why vague power hints do nothing to convince me someone is town. Turns out Quin wasn't hinting at all. Or his power just changes based on whatever he thinks will get others to let him off.

On Day 1, you read Quin strongly in the direction of town. He may have even been your strongest town read. You targeted him on Night 1. You explicitly claimed not to be a doctor. Quin claims he was not impacted positively or negatively by anything that night. I am trying to determine what you could have been doing to your top town read on Night 1.

You don't have to plainly state what you did. It would be ideal to know who else you've targeted though.
Same thing I did to my top town read night 2 (Nut) and another strong town read on night 3 (JJJ).

I'm not claiming doctor. I will claim if I think doing so will convince people I'm town to the point where it outweighs the usefulness of keeping my role secret from the mafia. I do not think that will happen today.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Quin wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:

Because I wanted to.
Bad answer. Scummy answer.

How do you justify accusing a player of fishing for your role when you decided to claim doctor completely unprovoked?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Quin wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:

Because I wanted to.

How do you justify accusing a player of fishing for your role when you decided to claim doctor completely unprovoked?
I never accused you of fishing for my role. Elaborating to your 'Do go on' post would have literally involved claiming my role.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JJJ analyzes the interaction dynamic of Metalmarsh89 and Quin on the 22nd of Februrary, 2017

Marmot stuff
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Oh hia quin. Qe meet again. Except this time, I've had 15 4 oz pours of beeeeeeeeer. :beer:
Quin is dynamite
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Quin wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Quin wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:What have I missed?
the marmot slipped you as his teammate.
I had to do it to him before he did it to me.
It was my turn though.
This is a two-way affair. Is there room for another Sentinel?
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Golden wrote:Another quick hit, though. I like Quin so far.
Get outta here. Wilgy and I have claimed him already.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Fredwood wrote:Marmot appears to just want to have fun, giving 0 shits is a hard thing to decipher for me so I'm reading scum
At this moment, I give about 20% of the shits, and 80% just want to have fun.

I also 30% want to lynch Strawhenge, 70% want to keep things between Quin, DrWilgy and I good, and 100% want to win this game.

But it's occurred to me that 3 complex mafia games is too many to handle.
Other than the linked item in the spoiler, most of this is Marmot stuffing Quin into a WIFOM trash can. I see Marmot really milking it repeatedly, and he was similar in his treatment of Wilgy. I see this as a scum trying to use his reputation for goofy WIFOM gambits to tie him to someone not on his team. Nice look for Quin. I also like the link for Quin, as it shows Marmot just going hands-off with Dizzy's slip and leaving the responsibility for the discovery entirely on Quin.

Quin stuff
Quin wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:I should probably start asking questions.

Silver/Quin/Fred/LC, gtth read someone in my light green to orange area, would you?

I need more evaluation from the players I've played with the most so I can evaluate your evaluations. :p
GTH bad on Fred, and GTH civ on the marmot, Nacho and Soneji. I agree with everything else.
Not interested in drunk posts
Quin wrote:Have I been buddied by a bad marmot?
Quin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Quin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Who's got a tally?

One thing to note is that, while I suspect Scotty a bit for the way he stated his suspicion against Elohcin, I would not rule out the possibility that that was a bus attempt (assuming Scotty is bad). Elohcin would be a prime bus candidate right now.
I don't, but I think that marmot is in soft lynch territory at the moment.
I am compelled to yell and scream and tell everyone to get their votes away from there.

I'm gonna start advocating for a Scotty lynch. Hey everyone, why aren't you voting for Scotty?
I think there's a reason why there are so many votes there.
Quin wrote:Vote Dizzy, might switch to marmot, for reasons.
Quin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
sprityo wrote:With 18 Alive, it takes 10 to Lynch and 5 to soft lynch. Day ends 10 pm EST Feb. 17th 2017, or in approx. 48 hours.
We've got 2+ hours, but yeah, no tally makes this messy.
Any one of us could go and compile a tally on our own.
Are you sure it's 2 hours?

Can everyone just reiterate where your vote is at rn? Enough people are browsing to get a good idea of what's what. I'm gonna go see how many votes marmot has racked up.

I voted Dizzy.
Quin wrote:
nutella wrote:INH and Quin are making me sad. Dys is the player I trust the most currently (or on about equal footing with Silver and Golden). I believe SO strongly that Dys is civ, I'd say even more so given the recent discussion -- especially their replies to Quin. I was thinking "amen" to everything Dys said in response to Quin's utterly ridiculous and nuance-lacking accusation that they haven't provided reads/reactions to the fakeslip when they so clearly have, and has generally acted very town.

If you think this then you'll surely show me where this is the case, because she didn't.

I'm also disappointed in you, Sloonei. I'm glad you backed off of Scotty, since he's been hinting all game and that's part of why I believe he's probably town. But I thought you had said a couple pages back that you'd also be willing to vote for INH or Marmot, and now you don't seem to be considering that at all. I wish you would consider switching to Marmot, especially so close to the deadline when we're not even hitting the soft lynch threshold and he's our best shot.

lots of linki. Sloon can you give reasons you think MM is town?
I am looking specifically at your reasons for voting marmot. Should I be?
Quin wrote:@INH I didn't like it either. Suggesting a INH or marmot lynch must happen before a Dys/3J lynch doesn't sit well with me, because that surely works the other way around.
GTH civilian
The most interesting stuff happens in the lead-up to Marmot being lynched. I highlighted a couple posts that further support Quin's assertion that he believed nutella had information on Marmot at the time. This confuses me that he both left his vote on Dizzy and also made a GTH civilian read on Marmot. At least he did call nutella a GTH bad read, even if I have no idea why. Tinfoil maestro.

~~~

It doesn't appear Sloonei covered this interaction unless I am missing it.

Conclusion

I think Marmot's posts look pretty good for Quin. Quin's posts are at times confusing, but they at least measure up to the tale he has told this day phase. I'll call it a net positive.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I am more inclined to discard the Quin/JOH team tinfoil now that the claim exists. I think Quin's claims and Jack's targets are at odds and this would represent a very poor decision. They've both greatly reduced their chances of surviving the game today as a direct result of this dialogue. That's not distancing, it's dumb (if they're teammates).

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jack: why did you decide Quin's claim was fake before it existed?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Fredwood
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Fredwood »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Fredwood wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
You think I'm being unintentionally unfair?
I said it was an unfair, I didn't speak to your intentions.

Either Way, I'm intelligent enough to know that not everyone who argues with me is bad, and sensitive enough to know that every time I take something personal it doesn't mean it was intentional. So no, unless I have good reason, I don't see how it should change my opinion.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Quin wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Quin wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:

Because I wanted to.

I never accused you of fishing for my role. Elaborating to your 'Do go on' post would have literally involved claiming my role.
Quin wrote:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote:
Quin wrote: I'd rather not.
Then I don't see much reason to remove my vote.

I'm not asking for a power claim. I just don't think you should be able to shut down a fair question with vague references to night results. Especially when whatever caused you to suspect Nut must have been wrong/made up. Like if I made vague references to night abilities while siding with scummers against townies, that shit wouldn't keep me off the chopping block. Not sure why you think you deserve a pass.

The good behavior you had on day 1 (the slip catch and clearheaded evaluation of it) was basically the opposite of your behavior on day 2, where you followed a train of logic that the lynch leader said was weak bullshit. The only other player following it was scum so he didn't believe it either. But you did. Or did you?

You spent all of day three trying to lynch a townie. Your entire rainbow is bass ackwards. You refused to speculate on my potential partners while insisting I have them. You referenced tinfoil as part of your reason for voting me. You thought Sloonei and Nut were bad after they lynched Marmot (who absolutely wouldn't have been lynched if either of them had focused elsewhere).

In my eyes, you haven't done anything to help the town all game. Why should anyone cut you any slack?
1. Yes you are.
2. You just said 20 minutes ago that I either didn't read all her posts, forgot, or am lying. Now you're pushing one. Why?
3. Sided with an indy.
4. I still adamantly believe the case wasn't bullshit. The flow of Day 2 is a perfect reflection of how not-bullshit it was.
5. How do you know this?
6. Completely contradictory to what you said yesterday. You acknowledged that I do not follow that thought process.
7. I asked you twice to point this out. You have answered zero times.
8. I only argued Sloonei was bad.

This is riddled with falsehoods and inconsistencies.

*LYNCH JACK*
^You imply I am scum and state that I AM trying to get a claim out of you despite saying I'm not. That's called fishing. That's you accusing me of fishing.

In regards to my "do tell" post, what part of this exchange is explained by you claiming doctor?

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 90#p338990
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 94#p338994
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 08#p339008
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/search ... 6&sr=posts
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 22#p339022

Thought you were refusing to explain why you were suspicious of Nutella, softclaiming some type of info gatherer. Your doctor claim was out of left field and had literally nothing to do with what we were discussing.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Jack: why did you decide Quin's claim was fake before it existed?
Cause scummers can't truthclaim town roles.

Return to “Previous Jobs”